PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-xx Scions of the Sky KeyPart 3 [1-5] (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Upper Altar

Ashkurhall


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,052 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Forged Map | Rebels Map

Graxzos takes a mighty swing at the giant of a man. While he would have easily chopped a tree, the tall man avoids the axe entirely.

Yndra nearly drops her axe trying to hack the large foe but her axe strikes the stone floor so hard she nearly drops it.

Wiem likewise nearly fumbles her blade, but calling upon the powers of nature recovers, but still not enough to pierce her defenses.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

That spear jab almost knocks Sapper out of the fight in one hit! He stumbles backwards up the stairs and launches one of his last bombs at the huge man.

ranged Touch, splash 5, DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Now at 3/17
We really need to start rolling better, folks.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Sapper - he has 20' reach so moving back more than 5' will provoke or throwing will provoke...either way, just wanted to check. I have moved you back 5' so far on the map.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

acrobatics to avoid the attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Move back 20'


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Assuming Thaia will 5' step back...has not yet reloaded as she waits to see how Sapper fares

The large man takes an opportune stab as Sapper is not quite nimble enough.

Not so fast there puny!"

spear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for dmg: 1d8 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 3 = 14

Fortunately for Sapper, the spear stabs into the steps and not his hide.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The woman with the whip tries to take down Wiem.

"Die you little froggie!"

On Wiem barbed whip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for dmg: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The agent in the doorway slashes at Graxzos.

On Graxzos sword, cover: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0 for dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Ah crud. Not again!"

but he hacks into the door instead.

Hold still you little rabbit!"

On Sapper large spear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 for dmg: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + 1 = 6

Again he is frustrated as the gnome escapes being skewered by the 20' spear.

Party up...

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Thaia takes a 5-foot step behind the nearby wall for cover and then reloads.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper also backpedals behind the wall (for the same reason) and tosses a bomb down the stairs at the front of the big guy.
attack nearest square of biggun to avoid splash on allies: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

"MEEeeEEpp!" peeps the Grippli. "I can't do that again!

She promptly grabs the doors and slams them shut.
"Let's try slowing the hurt shall we?"

I am not sure if that will take two move actions or one, since its a double door (assumed two moves). Or if I need to make a five foot adjust to accomplish it (assumed not), stepped away from door. If I still have an action left, I will draw a CLW wand.

EDIT:"Graxzos? Did you only grab the fine longsword from that one room? Or did you manage to grab any of the smaller stuff these kobolds could maybe use?"

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Don' lookit me!" Graxzos growls. "I expected t'be killin' the li'l buggers, not fightin' 'longside o'them! Most o' that gear was crap, anyway. Er, no offense, scalies."

Seeing the door close behind him, though, Graxzos smiles. Then with a slightly sadistic grin, he chops at the big fellow's legs.

Attack (rage): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

EDIT: no longer have CC due to the closed door, but still a decent swing. Rounds of rage remaining: 2/5.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Thaia steps back to reload, preventing the large warrior from taking an opportune stab at her in the process.

Sapper steps back up the stairs and lobs a bomb. Hitting the man fully in the chest and neck.

"AHRHRHHRRRGGG! I will get you yet!"

Wiems attempts to shut both doors (2 moves since they are 10' apart to grab them). The doors are shut, but not locked.

Graxzos chops at the large man from behind, nearly toppling him.

Yndra...

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Quick post, so I don't hold up the fight.

Yndra swings her axe once more. "Speaking of kobolds, why aren't they here helping us?"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

-Posted with Wayfinder


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The guardian shrugs at the question as it circles about trying to find an opening in the large man's considerable reach.

Yndra swings with a mighty axe but it is turned by the man's armor.

Open those %$#@ doors NOW

Next the double doors burst open again as the agent undoes Wiem's handiwork.

We are not finished yet!

the whip woman lashes out at Yndra

whip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for dmg: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The tall man steps up the stairs and casts a spell of healing.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 and some of wounds and burns close.

Party goes.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Now assaulted from two sides, Yndra weighs her options. "Wiem, Grax, get up in that woman's grill. She's annoying the heck out of me. Guardian, you're with me!" She scoots over to the side to make room for the Guardian, then swings her axe again at the oversized Aspis agent.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

Wiem Weems draws her wand and casts a healing spell.

"Fetch," the grippli tells the eagle. Pointing to her spear.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 It seems cheesy, but can mount carry me out when I've used my actions? I will have SeeOne retrieve my spear when 'tis safe. I presume the spear is just outside the room? (Tossed at whiplady).

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos growls quietly at Yndra's commanding tone, but obey. Focus on the problem to hand...like this one! Sidling over to block the doorway, he confronts the whip-wielding lady. "Back fer more, are yeh, kinky lady? Ahahahahaha!" He takes a chop at her with a grin.

Attack (rage, CC): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Can someone shift me 5' west? Thanks!


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Yndra hacks at the large warrior with her axe and cuts deep into his thigh. He lets out a yell and turns to face her.

Wiem calls to his bird.

@Wiem - bird can use a move action to pick up you or the spear, but not both. Let me know if it is picking you up as it will provoke as will the bird's movement if more than 5'.

Grax rages and chops into the whip woman in the doorway, also cutting her severely. Shifted on map

You'll get yours soon enough."

gm:

W=3, A=5, Z=7+

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper brings out his last bomb and quickly scribbles "Big Boy" on it. This one's for you, big man! He yells and lets it fly.

ranged touch, splash5, DC 16: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Sapper hurls a bomb from cover. However the man's turn to face Yndra causes it to miss short and to the right.

miss: 1d8 ⇒ 8

reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 3

However, the splash along the wall still catches him with most of the flames.

SHORTY!" he bellows in rage.

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18
Wiem Weems Finyik wrote:

"This is getting sticky. SeeOne, come!

If a fast mount doesn't provoke (Moving five feet)...

The grippli fancifully jumps onto the roc.
[Dice=Ride]1d20+7

Wiem Weems is already mounted. My question has to do with SeeOne not moving because Wiem Weems did. To get the spear SeeOne will have to move, carrying the grippli. Since SeeOne has a fly of 80 ft., it feels cheesy to me. I ETV.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Oh, sorry - SeeOne would still provoke if moving through the threatened area...with move of 80' should be able to reach spear and have another move left. SeeOne gets its full set of actions afaik. Or am I still missing the question?

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Thaia fires from cover.

KA-BOOM!! v the giant (precise, point blank, ranged touch): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18 damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Thaia unleashes a blast at the giant of a man, and true to form, the bigger they are, the harder he falls. He falls and shrinks down to a normal size human man at the base of the stairs.

The whip woman screams out "NOOOO!!! Zaril NOOO!!!

She steps back and lashes out at Graxzos.

On Graxzos whip and naynay: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 for arrow: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The other agent likewise hacks at the dwarf and then falls back.

On Graxzos sword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Party up...

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

"Don't worry. We want you alive to answer for your actions, you murderess Aspis!" Wiem Weems urges SeeOne forward and upward. When over the whip lady she swings her mighty tiny blade.
scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, clatter clatter clatter: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
fly: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 (to move less than half speed).

With claws extended SeeOne also swipes at the lady.
claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9, squish: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Relieved that the biggest threat has been dealth with, Yndra presses the advantage. Squeezing past Graxzos, she gets close to the woman with the whip. "Soon it'll just be you and us. If you have any sense, drop your weapon and we'll let the kobolds figure out how to deal with you." To lend strength to her words, she tries to land a swift chop of axe at the agent to the woman's side.

Attack on the agent in green.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"....an' by 'let the kobol's deal wit' yeh,' she be meanin' YER CORPSE ONCE I'M DONE WIT' YEH!" Graxzos bellows, lunging after the whip-wielder.

Attack (rage, CC): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Despite his words, the dwarf can feel exhaustion start to set in on the edges of his battle-rage...

This'd be my last round of rage...hopefully we're close!


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Wiem and Yndra miss the remaining Aspis with their weapons. However Graxzos, with anger management issues, hacks down hard on the whip woman and she gasps and falls to the ground, bleeding from a massive wound.

The last agent gulps as he sees both of his leaders fall. Rather than surrender he sees this as an opportunity to shine and a potential promotion once he takes all of you and the guardian and the remaining kobolds down. Piece of cake.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Haha. Props to that agent. :)

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

Yeah. good on you mate!

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Seeing as she can't reach the last standing Aspis agent, Yndra rests her axe against her shoulder. "Really, it's nice to see someone brave and fearless, but there's a line between courage and stupidity. It's such a shame that you've ended up on the wrong side of the line..."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

There isn't really space beside Wiem and Grax to attack the last bad guy, so I figured this was the most useful I could do.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper makes a spite of drawing and losing his heavy crossbow

intimidate aid: 1d20 ⇒ 17

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos, his anger spent, just rolls his eyes at the still-fighting agent.

"Yer a nutter. I ain't got any gripe wit' yeh...but I'll kill yeh if I have to."

Intimidate (aid another): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

He hefts his ax, although his hands are shaking slightly as he does so.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The severe brow beating from the combined group of season veterans is too much for him and he drops his long sword and slowly raises his hands.

"I surrender...enough already. I ain't gonna die for this...no way.

** End Combat **

The injured kobolds in the back of the temple area cheer.

After a few seconds and a couple more injured kobolds straggle in from the front rooms.

"Did you defeat them? Are they gone?"

The golden guardian silently nods to you and flies back to his throne.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra pokes her head around the door. "Yep, seems like that was all of them." She glares at the remaining Aspis agent, urging him to stay put.

She walks back to the Guardian and the kobolds. "So, where were we, before this inconvenient interruption? Ah yes, I was asking you why you allowed these kobolds to worship you and defile the dwarven complex. Weren't you meant to guard it against intruders?"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The guardian regards Yndra before responding.

My role was to protect the talisman. Which was not here but in the hands of the grippli allies of the dwarves. That alliance seems to have been destined to repeat again today and the talisman was returned."

He looks to Wiem and back to Yndra and Graxzos before continuing.

Now my task is done. There are no dwarves left here to hold the talisman. And certainly there will now be others come seeking it.
These kobolds have no need for such a talisman. You best return it with you to an organization capable of protecting it."

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper sighs in relief. I think we might know just such a place.

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

"We do?" Wiem Weems peeps. With the elders again?"

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

No, with us Pathfinders. We have several highly secure vaults in Absolom that would house it with no problem.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Ay," Graxzos sighs, sounding almost...wistful? He still looks tired and worn, but he nods. "Tha' may be best."

Then his eyes narrow. "Waitaminnit." He looks back at the Guardian. "...so yer sayin' yer not guardin' any o' th' rest o' this stuff? The priceless 'istorical relics an' whatnot?"

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

Wiem Weems asks the kobolds, "Do you want these villains? I would like to take Five Knives back to the Elders for punishment, but one of his rank may suffice."
Too late for heal checks to stabilize the Aspis? If the kobolds want them, that is. (Not too distract from Graxsos question).

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra looks with longing at her surroundings, all the traces of the dwarven heritage of the place. She seems about to argue with the Guardian, until she takes out the talisman again. "It's a shame to leave this place, but if you look at it from the other side, the original dwarven makers left it long ago, even if not entirely of their own choice. And we still have this as a reminder. The 'Sky Key', or a part of it at least. Sapper's right. The Society will be very interested in this."

She shakes her head at Graxzos' questions. "It seems there's nothing her anymore. The dwarves must have taken most of it with them. Their most prized possession they left with the Grippli. All the rest must have been looted over the years. Speaking of which..." She turns to the kobolds. "What happened to Sharrowsmith? The human that was here first? You didn't kill him, did you? We'll take him with us when we leave, if he's still alive."

Finally she addresses the Guardian. "So, what will you do now? The dwarves are gone, and now the talisman as well. Will you stay here, among the kobolds?"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You are able to stabilize the large man if desired, but the whip-woman and other agents have bled out.

With Zaril Namoth and his Aspis Consortium expedition thwarted, the Golden Guardian and kobolds assist you in clearing the collapsed corridor of rubble.

The blind elderly kobold speaks.

We know of the fallen of your order you seek. Once he is recovered, then leave you must as we have lost our defenses and having you here will only draw further attacks.

They uncover the remains of Venture-Captain Nieford Sharrowsmith, which are badly damaged but identifiable thanks to his crushed wayfinder and other belongings.

The kobolds allow you to extract the body and its possessions in peace, but afterward they state "You have overstayed your welcome here and should leave immediately. Go. Take your trinkets and fallen ally. But leave before others come"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The guardian appears to re-enter some form of stasis as the kobolds act like a colony of ants trying to rebuild their defenses and clear the dead bodies...humans and kobolds alike.

Thaia is greeted by her two henchmen, who admit to hiding in the jungle for the battle which raged within and above the temple.

Assuming you gather up the remains and items of Sharrowsmith and the talisman and return to Nantambu. Retcon if you need to finish any actions with the kobolds.

The journey back is hot and humid but otherwise, uneventful.

Aya Allahe receives you into her office in Nantambu. She listens to your recounting of their mission, and when she learns of Sharrowsmith’s death, she nods sadly and voices her thanks.


“Nantambu will not be the same without my friend Nieford Sharrowsmith. When he was younger, he traveled to all corners of the Mwangi Expanse and truly made the region his home, despite having been born hundreds of miles away in Avistan. He never truly lost his adventuring spirit, and as this lodge grew, he found his hours dedicated more and more to paperwork and less and less to exploring the lands’ rich history. I know his soul would take no offense at my saying he died as he would have wished—active, engaged, and in the field. I take solace in being able to provide him proper funerary rites.

“With his passing, Sharrowsmith’s Exports has no venturecaptain, but I have corresponded with Nieford’s colleague Ambrus Valsin and agreed to act as the temporary manager of the lodge. After all, the full extent of the Pathfinders’ involvement in Nantambu has remained a something of an open secret, and it would be an embarrassment for anyone but a friend or family member to take command of the business so soon after the owner’s death.”

“I dearly appreciate what you have done for the Society, for your venture-captain, and for me. Did you find anything else of interest?”

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Anythin' else?" Graxzos glances at his companions. "Why sure. We found friendship." Then he explodes. "Yeh loony venture-lady! Did yeh not 'ear us say we found a massive unexplored dwarven ruin called Ashkur'all?! Does that mean nothin' t'yeh?! Anythin' else?!"

The dwarf subsides, but continues to grumble and rant under his breath.

He pipes up suddenly as someone else is speaking. "Oh, an' we found an intern. A good'un." He claps Wiem on the back.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The Venture-Captain stands as if about to chastise Graxzos, rage quickly flaring in her eyes, but as quickly subsiding with measured calm.

Why yes, good lord of stone, the ancient dwarven hall will be of great interest.
But no, I was thinking of perhaps something you were able to bring back. Notes or items?
I had a premonition Sharrowsmith was seeking something.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra nods solemnly when Graczos mentions their new-found friendship. It's not clear whether she's sarcastic or not.

She finally regards the new interim Venture-Captain with a critical look. "You're either very well informed, or have a very keen intuition. Either should come in very useful in your new position." She looks sad as she rummages about in her backpack. "You are right, though. I'm sorry that we were unable to save Sharrowsmith, but as you said, he died in the field. And though he may not have known it, he was in the process of making a marvellous discovery. First off, we have found his journal. You would like it back, I thought. Secondly, we've found this." She retrieves the Sky Key fragment with a triumphant smile.

"As we've told, we discovered Ashkurhall. From interpreting paintings and talking to its ancient Guardian, we learned that the site was founded by a group of dwarves from Avistan, who took with them a part of something that fell from the sky: A piece of a thing called the 'Sky Key'. We recovered it from the Grippli - and plan to take credit and investigate it further - but it was the work of Venture-Captain Sharrowsmith that took us there." She holds the fragment up for Aya Allahe to see.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
Graxzos Glyphkeeper wrote:
He pipes up suddenly as someone else is speaking. "Oh, an' we found an intern. A good'un." He claps Wiem on the back.

Thaia looks aghast and corrects them. "More a native guide and bearer, really."

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

"Wieibbit," the grippli says. The skin of her wide throat reddens as blushes under Graxzos compliment.

But it is Thaia's praise that really makes her shine. "Thank you Lady Rossenvelt," the words catch in her throat.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Aya Allahe examines the metal component Yndra provided from the Krihirik talisman. After a moment’s study, she quickly stands, recovers a piece of stationary bearing five graphite illustrations, and slowly smiles.

“This is remarkable,” she announces. “The shape of the talisman matches one of the drawings Ambrus Valsin sent me. What you have found is a piece of the Sky Key, the device even now the rest of the Society is at its wits’ end attempting to reassemble!”
Then, with quiet affection, she murmurs to the Sky Key component,

“Congratulations, Nieford. You and your agents have once again done what the rest of the Society could not—a fitting tribute, and a fine legacy.”

The end? Or just the beginning. Will get reported tonight and chronicles out tomorrow.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,052 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-12 Scions of the Sky KeyPart 1 [1-5] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.