PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-xx Scions of the Sky KeyPart 3 [1-5] (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Upper Altar

Ashkurhall


601 to 650 of 1,052 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

=======
Round 3
=======

"Hah! No so tough now, are ya?" Yndra locks the man with a piercing stare. "Your time is up!" She swings low with her quarterstaff, aiming at his knees.

Judgement of Justice (+1 Attack) as a swift action, then attack the one on the ground.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
GM Aarvid wrote:
Party can go...Yndra, Graxzos and Sapper are on round 3...to keep things moving.

How deep is the pool?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Pool looks about waist deep at the center. It would be difficult terrain to move through but not at the edge

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Ngh! Arright, guess we're doin' this," Graxzos mutters. Stepping forward slightly, he loads another alchemical cartridge and fires at the bowman who shot him!

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 vs. touch
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

5' step due east, load, fire. If someone could move me I'd appreciate it; posting from mobile.

"Two left..." he mutters.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
damage (fire, NO splash, DC 16 reflex), targeted admixture: 1d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

Hearing the cat's name, Sapper clicks his tongue. Saphira! Catch! and tosses one of this last bombs against the cat's face. Thanks to his concoction from earlier (that he actually mixed with this bomb, not drank...) the blast is very focused and vertical, leaving the adjacent Princess unharmed.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
GM Aarvid wrote:
Pool looks about waist deep at the center. It would be difficult terrain to move through but not at the edge

Thaia drops her powder horn and musket.

Acrobatics (jump to the center!): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

As part of the move she draws her dagger.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Yndra wacks at the grounded swordsman, and he almost dodges the blow, but with a glimmer of divine judgement the staff connects and the man goes down.

Aw rats... as he falls in a heap, bleeding slowly out.

Graxzos takes aim and fires a bullet up to the top eastern platform and drops his previously injured target as well.

Double rats... as he falls in a heap, bleeding slowly out.

Sapper calls to the skittish cat and hurls a bomb, hitting it on the nose. The cat is burned (not sure if it gets a save or not, but is moot)

The cat, burnt fur and all, bolts into the jungle with a howl.

Thaia makes a leap into the center of the small pool, the waist-deep water starts to turn red with her injuries still fresh.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The two men on the platform look down at the woman in astonished frustration.

The archer calls to the one with daggers...

"Um boss, I can't see her under the bridge."

Fiveknives replies back.

Then go down and get her you idiot!"

He moves over to get a better view and calling after the black cat.

"Saphira! Come back right this instance or you will face the whip harder than you ever have before."

He glares down at Thaia through the floor planks of the rope bridge..

The other archer moves and shoots at Sapper.

On Sapperbow, cover: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 4 = 16 for arrow: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Party is back up. Thaia soggy and staggered. Dwarves injured and Sapper..I believe slightly scratched


Sapper(-2) - Reloading
Thaia (0) - Staggered <-- UP
Yndra (-8) <-- UP
Graxzos (-7) <-- UP
.
Cat fleeing
Archer()
Fiveknives()

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper ducks back behind the tree trunk and reloads his crossbow.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Tha'll learn 'em," Graxzos mutters as he reloads his pistol. Then he slowly advances around the tree, just peeking out.

"Mebbe grab a bow, Yndra," he growls as he peers out at the knife-wielder, marking off the distance in his head.

Reload with normal shot as a standard, and move.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

"A bow? What do you think I am, a friggin' huntswoman?" With a sigh, she grabs her sling while hustling over to the nearest tree for cover. She loads a pebble.

Draw sling while moving. Load sling with second action.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

crouches (full) defensively.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The archer bellows.

They are all hiding from me, Kalim.

The leader replies in a snap.

"OF COURSE THEY ARE. MOVE!"

The archer nods and moves closer into the central hut where he can just see part of Yndra hiding behind the tree.

On Yndra bow, cover: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4 for arrow: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Meanwhile, the leader steps back to the western hut and cuts one of the rope bridge's ropes.

You won't hide from me for long, missy!"

Party up...

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos briefly considers the sleep arrows stuck into his belt. I wonder if...eh, what the hell. Worth a shot. Seeing the leader cutting the bridge, he stows his pistol, steps out slightly from the tree and bellows, "OI! KALIM!"

The bow comes off his back and he yanks the white-fletched arrow from his belt, loosing it at the leader. As the arrow bounces off the hut near him, Graxzos winces.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 nonlethal, and DC 11 Will save or he falls asleep.

Ay curamba. Move action to stow weapon, 5' step, quick draw bow as a free action and attack...

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra peers around the tree after she sees the arrow fly past. Here goes nothing.

Attack sling, at archer: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"See?" she says to Grax when she ducks back in cover behind the tree, loading another pebble in the sling.

Attack, reload.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Thaia readies an action. The moment the bridge is cut and the leader is out from cover she's point blanketly, and precisely tossing her dagger into the man's chest.

readied action:
dagger: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12 damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 or not...


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Graxzos shoots a wild sleep arrow at the leader, but the bow is not as accurate as his pistol and the white arrow flies into the jungle.

Yndra takes her sling and hurls a bullet but it also sails overhead of her intended target. She reloads behind the tree.

Thaia, holding onto consciousness, readies to throw a dagger.

Sapper delays as he tries to figure out who to shoot next.

The remaining archer, unable to see a target, moves to the other bridge and shoots down on Graxzos.

On Graxzos bow, PB: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 for arrow: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The leader cuts the bridge and it falls to the ground/pool. Thaia hurls her dagger but it misses the man. The activity injures her further and she collapses into the pool.

There. Now we will have a better look at you, missy. Hey, you like to throw daggers? Me too. Oh, I see you like swimming better. Let's check on your friends.

Party up...Thaia at -1 and bleeding in pool.

The two henchmen will dash under cover of the central hut and try to fish Thaia's body out of the water to necessitate her.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Seeing that Thaia's crew are trying to pull her out, Graxzos grits his teeth. Runnin' outta options here... Ducking the arrow from above, he draws the final sleep arrow and takes desperate aim at the leader. As the arrow flies, he steps back around the main tree and drops the bow, drawing his pistol.

If someone could move me to the square directly underneath that archer, I'd appreciate it!

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 nonlethal, and DC 11 will save or fall asleep.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

"Oh, we're off here fighting Aspis and she's taking a swim. Typical, heh!" It'd a shame for such a sweet girl to drown, though.

Yndra aims her sling at the archer still on the platform before withdrawing, around the tree and to the pond, drawing her axe as she goes.

Sling attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Sling damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper peeks from behind the tree and fires up at the archer above Grax.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Constitution check: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 - 1 = 17


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Graxzos fires another white arrow at the leader, but this time the arrow bounces off the man's armor. Closer, but not enough to find flesh.

Yndra tries her sling again...but hits the side of the central hut.

Sapper fires his crossbow and actually connects, hitting the archer while he looks down at where Graxzos went.

Thaia stabilizes as the two henchmen pull her from the pool, under the cover of the central hut.

"We gotcha m'lady. Not sure what we can do to heal ya yet. But at least you won't be a drowning."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The archer sees the halfling that shot him and moves to the center of the bridge to try and get a better shot.

"I see you pipsqueak!"

On Sapper bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 for arrow: 1d8 ⇒ 2 miss due to cover

Meanwhile the leader with the knives decides he has had enough and climbs down the tree (T10).

"Why is it I cannot find any competent help? I have to finish this myself."

Party up. Thaia stable @ -1hp

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper desperately reloads.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Hmmm, well if we can move under the hut...

Grax tosses the bow away in disgust. "So much fer tha'." Hearing the arrow whiz by and seeing Kalim clamber down the tree, he snarls. Gotta end this... Dashing past Thaia and her crew, he takes aim at the Aspis leader just as he hits the ground. His pistol comes up and he squints down it. Steady...breathe...

Move to the square one west of Thaia, drawing pistol en route (drop the bow). Aaaaand fire. Spend 1 grit for Up Close and Deadly.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 vs. Touch
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3

Holy crap, the die roller really does hate us. O.o


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Sapper reloads his crossbow.

Graxzos drops his bow and moves up to the trio under the central hut and fires upon Fiveknives Kalim.

The bullet grazes the man's shoulder. He turns with a snarl.

Ye'll be the last to die dwarf. So you want watch me end your friends first.

The henchmen call out to Sapper and Graxzos.
Do any of you have anything that will help revive her?

Their plea sounds more of panic than compassion, but sincere nonetheless.

Jakob, seeing the cat has not returned, will dash to retrieve the dropped musket and horn from the north of the pond.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra grabs a potion from her backpack and tosses it across the pond to Thaia's helpers. "No idea what it does, but it just might help her..."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Jakata catches the potion and forces Thaia to chug the contents.
Hmm, is it universal solvent or a potion of secret door detection?

"Wake up m'lady. We do not want you to miss the final battle.

cmw: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 = 9 healing on Thaia. She is still prone and musket-less but conscious.

Go Thaia

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

"Am I invisible to animals now?" Thaia says groggally. Seeing her musket near at hand she retrieves and reloads it, keeping low against the archers.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The upper archer moves further east to get a better line on Sapper and those under the central hut.

On Sapper bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 for arrow: 1d8 ⇒ 5 miss

Kalim hurls a dagger at Graxzos.

Eat this!"

dagger: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 for dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 for dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Even with cover, I think that is going to hit :(

Party up...

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

"Hey!" Yndra yells at Kalim when she watches his dagger strike true. "You're messing with the wrong dwarf!" She then runs at him, axe drawn and slashing at his midriff when she reaches him.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Oh, it hits.

Graxzos makes a choking, gasping sound as the dagger plunges into his chest. Still glaring at Kalim, he drops to one knee, managing to choke out, "Some paper cartridges...on me...belt," in a last-ditch effort to be of help to his friends. Then he collapses.

Save vs. Death: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 3 = 16

The sturdy dwarf rolls over slightly, unconscious and breathing raggedly but consistently.

Grax is at -3 hit points, but stable.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper fires at the same archer again, then steps around the tree for better cover and reloads again.
I'll keep these ones busy! he says.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Graxzos falls.

Thaia reloads.

Yndra cuts Kalim with her axe.

Sapper takes out the archer with his shot.

Jakob and Jakata ask Any more of them potions?

Kalim retailiates on Yndra.

"You want some of this too?

Kalim dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 for dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He moves around the fallen dwarf, intent on finishing the rest of you.

Party up...well two of you at least. He is injured, but still has some fight in him.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper spins and shoots at Kalim in a near panic.
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
GM Aarvid wrote:

Jakob and Jakata ask Any more of them potions?

"Here!" She says testily. "Go hide from animals!"

CLICK! (point blank, precise, ranged touch): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 misfire.

"Brilliant...."

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Stabilize: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 = -1

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos bleeds slightly. Not enough to cause any harm, just a little.

*bleed*

*bleed*


Forged Map | Rebels Map

GM:

Archer stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Sapper's shot bounces off Kalim's armor.

Thaia's musket misfires to her dismay.

The henchmen reply to Thaia's potion "Not for us...for them!" as they point to the fallen dwarves.

Jakob runs over to Yndra and pulls out the 2nd potion like they one they gave to Thaia.

Jakata tries to find any potion on Graxzos to help stabilize the dwarf.

Fiveknives Kalim closes on Thaia.

And here I was going to save the dwarves for last. But I guess you will have to do."

On Thaia dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 for dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Party up...

Jakob administers the 2nd potion to Yndra (prone).

"Drink this, lady...quickly

cmw: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9 healing

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Thaia caps the musket with her bayonet and fights defensively. Over Graxzos. (+2 AC, -4 Atk)

bayonet: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 4 = -2 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Huh? My bayonet jammed too.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper keeps the pressure on Kalim. Or tries to.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Forged Map | Rebels Map

keep in mind it is a free action to give orders to the henchmen. They have a vested interest in staying alive but are non combatants .

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra blinks at she coughs away the rest of the healing potion. "Ah, yes, well. Thanks," she stambles at Jakob. "Now where were we..."

Yndra stands up and retrieves her axe.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
GM Aarvid wrote:
keep in mind it is a free action to give orders to the henchmen. They have a vested interest in staying alive but are non combatants.

The term 'human shield' comes to mind. Alternatively 'Call in the air strike!' works too.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Thaia stabs at Kalim with her bayonet, but it tangles and hits a tree branch under the hut.

Sapper shoots a bolt over the head of the knife expert as well.

Yndra stands and grabs her axe, but is on the far side of the pond.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

"Now I will finish you all!"

Just as Fiveknives Kalim is about to attack Thaia and the rest, you all hear a croak and voices calling out from further to the west.

Quickly, this way, the intruders are still here

Kalim hears the voices of the escaped gripplis and he quickly withdraws into the woods.

"You have not seen the last of me, Pathfinder scum!"

As Kalim escapes, a small group gripplis assemble a small force to capture him, but by the time they reach his exit path, he has already obscured his tracks and evaded pursuit.

The others gather up the survivors and revive Graxzos.

"We could not find him. What do we do with these other dead or dying Aspis?"

The gripplis defer you regarding the treatment of any other Aspis agents who survived the conflict.

Mother Bogwynne graciously accepts the five tyrannosaurus eggs you recovered.

"You have the thanks of our people."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

"We, the surviving Krihirik elders, agree that the talisman the dwarves gave our clan so many years ago is best employed by your group - especially if the rumors of the Golden Guardian awakening are true.

The talisman is an egg-shaped mass of dry clay the size of a melon, its surface smoothed and intricately decorated with linear patterns, plant imprints, and the symbol of a mountain standing under dozens of stars. The talisman radiates faint transmutation magic, though this is simply a longlasting spell to preserve the clay.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Mother Bogwynne raises a hand and lifts her head as if performing a blessing, and dozens of gripplis gather to listen.

“More than a thousand cycles ago, the dwarven refugees came to us from the distant north, fleeing a home lost ages ago. We aided the dwarves and welcomed them as neighbors in the nearby hills—a land even harsher than our own. When they fled their home for a second time, we offered them aid once more, though they requested only that we honor their memory and accept a gift: this talisman that bears the power to defeat the golden beast that now haunts Ashkurhall.”

She holds up a melon-sized ovoid made of clay. “The descendants of Sigrin spoke of this as their greatest treasure, which they had left behind. It is a legacy that continues to this day, for none have ever braved the Golden Guardian to claim the riches as their own.”

A chorus of croaking vocalizations follows the elder’s story, and she adds,

“The talisman’s power is hidden within, and it must be unsealed in the beast’s presence. To do so too soon would expend its energy needlessly or even invoke a terrible disaster. We have entrusted you with this relic of our people; use it wisely.”

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos is barely able to stand once he's revived, and sports a new and ugly-looking scar where the knife's blade entered his chest. "Nnnngh...did we win...then?

-----------------------------

A few days later, Grax is back to his normal self, and is none too pleased at the final answer to his question.

"Yeh mean I took a knife t'th'sternum an' then we let him GET AWAY?!" he thunders, pacing and waving his pistol recklessly. "Why that...two-faced...philanderin'...cross-dressin'...cattle-proddin'..." He ends in a string of colorful epithets in Osiriani.

He's mollified very slightly, though, by the talisman transferring ceremony, perking up at one thing in particular. "'Riches' yeh say? Well, then, I think it's fer the best that we take this 'ere talisman an' make our way back to the Golden Guardian. Best fer all concerned, oh aye indeed. We'll use it wisely. Eyup."

601 to 650 of 1,052 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-12 Scions of the Sky KeyPart 1 [1-5] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.