PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-xx Scions of the Sky KeyPart 3 [1-5] (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Upper Altar

Ashkurhall


651 to 700 of 1,052 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

One of the villagers stands up. Placing two long fingers to her lips and puffing out a violet throat, she lets out a long whistle. The sound of flapping wings heralds the arrival of a bird nearly as colorful as her and twice as big. The grippli pulls a scimitar from the bird's saddle. "I am Wiem Weems." she peeps. "I will join you, for the sake of my people. Outsiders have been making a mess of our jungle and I wish to prevent it from getting any worse."

She turns to the elder huntmaster, "They have overcome the king & queen of Deepblood Ravine. I may be able to learn from them as well and eventually earn your place. With your blessing father?" she asks.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

"Brilliant. We've gone native." Thaia says under her breath.

She attempts to smile politely, but rather than looking pleased she looks as though she has a stomach complaint.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper rolls his eyes. Ignore her. The rest of us do. I'm Sapper, and I'm happy to have you along!

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Hey, can't 'urt. At the very least, someone might shoot 'er before they shoot us," Grax mutters to Thaia.

Aloud, he says, "Consider yerself a honorary Pathfinder, then, Weemy. I'm Graxzos Khar-Bulkhet. M'friends call me Grax. You c'n call me Graxzos. Ahahahaha!"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

==============
=== Part 3 ===
==============

After the tribe of gripplis gave you the clay talisman bearing the symbol of a mountain under dozens of bright stars, their instructions were simple: break open the talisman in the presence of the Golden Guardian.

Upon your return to Fort Bandu, you receive a letter from Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin.

Letter:


Pathfinders,
News of your mission in the Bandu Hills has reached me. It is unfortunate that VentureCaptain Sharrowsmith angered the kobolds so much that they attacked the local miners, but I have also heard that thanks to your efforts, the kobolds have ceased their attacks, at least for now. According to the latest report, you learned about an ancient monster watching over the dwarven ruins that Sharrowsmith had been studying, and you decided to visit the Kaava lands to acquire a powerful weapon that could defeat the guardian. I hope that your negotiations with the tribe of gripplis guarding the weapon were successful and you are now ready to continue your mission to find Sharrowsmith. I want to remind you that Nieford Sharrowsmith is our foremost scholar in the region, and thus, your first priority is to bring him back alive, or at least find evidence about what has happened to him. Naturally, also record any information of historical value as you explore the ruins. If you run into kobolds while exploring the dwarven ruins, try not to antagonize them any more than is necessary to find Sharrowsmith. The earlier trouble with the kobolds has already harmed our reputation with the locals. It is vital to the continued success of the Nantambu lodge that we secure allies, not make enemies. One more thing: we have reason to believe that the Aspis Consortium is planning to intercept your mission and kill or kidnap Sharrowsmith. Make haste and keep an eye out for trouble at all times.
Blessing of the Ten,
Venture-Captain
Ambrus Valsin

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

The older dwarven lady, her grey hair in a tidy braid, gives a curt nod of her head. "Well, that's settled then. Welcome, Wiem... Weems? I'm not sure whether this sort of thing is normally allowed, but we'll take you on as a field recruit for the Pathfinder Society. Please be advised, though, that all artifacts acquired on this mission will be sent to Absalom for investigation. You will be properly rewarded, though. If we get along, we might even introduce you to the nearest Lodge if you wish to continue your life as a Pathfinder."

She stares at the saddle of the multi-colored bird, with her good eye and with the roving left eye, on the side of her face that is marred with burn scars. "Are you planning on riding that? Are you sure that's safe?" As an afterthought, she add "I'm Yndra, by the way. Representative of the church of Nethys." She holds up the holy symbol on a cord around her neck, by way of conformation.

--

Yndra gives a sour grin when she's finished reading the venture-captain's latest instruction. "Well, I'm be damned if I can figure out how we'll satisfy all these objectives. The last time we were there, the kobolds were in the mood for anything but allying themselves with us. And that's even before we've gotten to the sacrifice of the miners or the desecration of the ruins." She scowls and thinks for a moment. [b]"Maybe we can pin any mishaps on that front on the Aspis, once we've dealt with them.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper grins. I'm not above a little blackmail, but we need to get there first. Let's move.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos grunts in agreement. "I'm suspectin' we won' be doin' much o' that negotiatin'...but we'll see. Anyone speak Draconic? Could be useful if we can talk 'em down...otherwise it don' seem too complicated. Get back VC Sharrowsmith, don' make any unnecessary mess, an' watch out because the Aspis be on yer tail." He spits in a corner and grins. "Easy. I agree we oughter head out soon, but I'm gonna need a few hours t'resupply."

Grax needs to buy some more alchemical cartridges and I may buy some potions, etc., as well...working that out but I'll have it finished by the time we "set out." Side note: this is the first thre-parter I've ever played, and I'm so psyched to be starting the last part with (mostly) the same group!

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

Wiem shrugs her shoulders at the mention of artifacts. "These have been bringing trouble to us as far as I can tell. And I have a debt to settle with these Aspis folks, especially that Kalim croaker. I hope that we do cross paths."

Noticing the strange shape of the human's mouth, she says to Thaia, "You look like you've swallowed a mwangi maggot." Though how you can do that with such a mishappen mouth boggles the mind. "You shouldn't eat them until they pupate. Elder Bogwynne has a tonic for that, would you like me to get some for you?"

To the dwarf she sadly admits, "I've never learned their tongue, we've never had a chance to talk with them without worrying about their pointy sticks."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
Sapper Slippergear wrote:
Sapper grins. I'm not above a little blackmail....

Looking down her nose at him, Thaia adds: "Quite."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
Graxzos Glyphkeeper wrote:
Graxzos grunts in agreement. ".... Anyone speak Draconic?"

To steal this from another player on another thread I'm playing on.... (link)

"I speak it fluently."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You can resupply just about anything you can afford while at Fort Bandu.

Before you leave Fort Bandu, you may want to ask around for recent rumors about the Aspis Consortium, the Golden Guardian, and the kobolds.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos spends the day before the group sets out bustling around the markets, chatting up the merchants there, establishing contacts for his caravan, and buying some necessaries for the expedition. "'Ey Billie. Heard anythin' about those Aspis prigs comin' back around 'ere?"

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Knowledge (Local), if relevant: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Purchases:

potion of cat's grace (chronicle): 300 gp
potion of cure moderate wounds (chronicle): 300 gp
8 paper cartridges: 96 gp
2 flare cartridges: 20 gp
TOTAL: 716 gp

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
Graxzos Glyphkeeper wrote:
Graxzos spends the day before the group sets out bustling around the markets, chatting up the merchants there, establishing contacts for his caravan, and buying some necessaries for the expedition. "'Ey Billie. Heard anythin' about those Aspis prigs comin' back around 'ere?"

"I swear by the Prince of Law that I speak the common Taldan tongue as well, but not quite the way you render it."

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

"Yes they are always causing trouble for our village, but this season semms particularly bad," the grippli peeps during breakfast at the local cafe.

Wiem Weems shares one of elder Bogwyyn's stories about the Golden Guardian around the inn's fire.

gather info: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 8 nature +7, geography +5

"If you do this sort of thing a lot, I'm going to need more practice."

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Thaia sighs and flashes some coin. Perhaps earning a circumstance bonus....

"Money talks." And Thaia doesn't seem all that hungry after seeing what is in Wiem's bowl.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra strolls along the encampment, making some last-minute purchases and trying to catch some of the latest gossip. "I heard the kobolds have been making less of a nuisance of themselves lately. You know what that's about?" She also thinks on anything she might have heard relating to the Golden Guardians.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 (only for things related to Dwarves or their enemies)


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You collect info while making final purchases in Fort Bandu before heading out again.

Graxzos:

Almost everyone at Fort Bandu knows the legend of the Golden Guardian, but no one seems to know anything substantial.

Yndra:

Mount Nakyuk. Until recently, the kobolds have largely kept to themselves. Most local people didn’t even know about the kobolds before the incident with Sharrowsmith.

Thaia:

About the Aspis Consortium’s latest movements. A contingent of Aspis mercenaries was seen approaching the Bandu Hills from the northwest—the direction of Bloodcove.

Sapper:

You did not hear anything specific

Wiem:

You did not hear anything specific


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Let me know if any other transactions before heading out...otherwise, moving out.

Save for torrential rain alternating with scorching heat, the journey from Fort Bandu to Mount Nakyuk progresses smoothly. Ancient, crumbling stone buildings choked with vines and adorned with bone fetishes emerge from a patch of thick jungle underbrush. A scattering of bones and discarded tools hints that
this location was recently inhabited. A gaping stairwell yawns behind a blood-spattered altar, descending to the mysterious depths where the Golden Guardian makes its home.

map later tonite

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

"Well, that wasn't so helpful. At least they had decent supplies for sale," grumbles Yndra. "Most folks didn't even know there were kobolds before the Venture-Captain roused them. Nothing useful about this Guardian as well."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

"My sources tell me that our competition may have hired-help coming from Bloodcove."

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

Wiem Weems harrumphs. She got less information than that.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Think I'll pick up a real wayfinder for 250gp rather than the compass I'm carrying. It's either that or a dozen mercenary men-at-arms, but buying them matching armor in a color that flatters me would be cost prohibitive even for me.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Mercenaries we c'n deal with," Graxzos harrumphs as the group closes in on the yawning staircase into the earth. The dwarf keeps a wary eye on the surrounding jungle as the party moves toward the ruin they've visited once before. "It's this here 'Golden Guardian' I'm worried about...lots o' people talkin' about they've heard of it in Fort Bandu, but no one knows anythin' real." He peers down the stairs. "Anyone gotta light? I got a flare, but I'd rather save those fer emergencies."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Two granite statues of dwarves in full armor stand guard in this entrance hall, flanking the entrance to a corridor to the south. Antelope skull patterns painted in red ochre cover each statue’s face. In the wall to the south are two rust-stained iron doors.

I will need new marching order etc...

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

Thaia gives some last minute instruction to her employees. "Wewe mbili, kukaa hadi katika milima hiyo. Tunatarajia kampuni silaha katika mfumo wa Aspis mamluki . Kama unaweza kuona kitu kuashiria sisi na hii. Tunapaswa kuwa nyuma kwa jua kutua." She hands Jakob her steel mirror.

Polyglot:
"You two, stay up in those hills. We are expecting armed company in the form of Aspis mercenaries. If you see anything signal us with this. We should be back by sundown."


Male Human (Mwangi) Commoner 1

"Haki bosi."

Polyglot:
"Okay boss."


Jakata nods grimly.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
GM Aarvid wrote:

Two granite statues of dwarves in full armor stand guard in this entrance hall, flanking the entrance to a corridor to the south. Antelope skull patterns painted in red ochre cover each statue’s face. In the wall to the south are two rust-stained iron doors.

I will need new marching order etc...

Thaia can provide light with her wayfinder, and she likes how Sapper is up front.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra shakes her head in derision at Grax's suggestion that anyone would need a light. She drops the issue when Thaia lights her Wayfinder. Good, at least the girl can take care of herself.

Yndra carefully moves forward into the first room. "Be wary of anything," she whispers. "There might be traps."

I would be fine with taking point.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Yeh, I'd bet there are," Graxzos growls softly, drawing his (loaded) pistol and lowering his goggles. "Ancient places usually got way too many ways t'keep out unwelcome intruders."

Marching order looks pretty good to me; basically what I was going to suggest with the exception that I'd be happy to switch with Sapper, since I'm the beefiest character at this point (new level has me with 28 hit points). Also happy to take point if Yndra wants me to, though since I use short-range weapons second in line might make more sense.

Possible order: Yndra, Graxzos, Sapper, Thaia, Wiem?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The two henchmen (wow these guys did not resign once you made it back to the fort) stay outside as the rest of you head down the stairs.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Once down the stairs, both dwarves notice the scratch marks from a crowbar on the stone door frame where the eastern door to the south was pried open then later jammed shut again.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
GM Aarvid wrote:
The two henchmen (wow these guys did not resign once you made it back to the fort) stay outside as the rest of you head down the stairs.

Are they the same? Thaia hadn't noticed.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Statistically they are identical to the Jakob and Jakata you have known and employed the first two missions-lol

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"This door's been opened recently," Graxzos growls, crossing to the eastern door and squatting down by it, squinting, but not yet touching the door. "An' jammed shut after that. Do we think it's our VC Sharrowsmith? Or did the Aspis get 'ere ahead o' us?"

Glancing over, he squints into the darkness. "Looks like there's another door o'er there, an' a hallway...Yndra, can you see anythin'?"

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

"Jammed from the outside? Or form the inside?" Wiem Weems waits while someone opens the door.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Hmmm. Good question! :P


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The door appears to be jammed from the other side but not especially well. A good shove or two would likely open it.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
Graxzos Glyphkeeper wrote:
"This door's been opened recently," Graxzos growls, crossing to the eastern door and squatting down by it, squinting, but not yet touching the door. "An' jammed shut after that. Do we think it's our VC Sharrowsmith? Or did the Aspis get 'ere ahead o' us?"

"I think our Aspis friends will be waiting for us outside if we don't get a move on."

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

"I'm seeing plenty of kobold activity, befouling these ruins." She moves to the door next to Graxzos. "But this might be the Aspis as well. Only one way to find out, though, and indeed we'd best get a move on. On three, Grax."

Yndra counts to three and then throws her full weight at the door.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Apparently, that's a lot of weight. :P

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

The grippli pats the bird's colorful neck.

Nat 20! Prosperous New Year all! :)


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Yndra easily pushes the door open, revealing a small room.

The air in this room smells stale. A pile of rocks sits on the dust-covered floor in one corner of the room.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

koff, koff "Now there's a room in need of a good airing." Thaia wrinkles her nose at the musty air and brings the light nearer the portal. "Apparently it's hard to get good help in ancient dungeons. Otherwise you would think the kobolds would have done something about it."

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra stumbles into the room from the force of her push, launching into a hacking cough from the dust. When she's recovered, she straightens her back and draws her axe. "Well, I've had worse in the mines. Let's see what we can learn here."

She enters the room and look among the pile of rocks.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

If there's nothing of interest to be found here, Yndra will try the next door, to the south once the rest has caught up.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Thaia, while watching Yndra enter the room, notices something odd about southern wall as it is illuminated by her light spell.
The door on the south wall is bent slightly inward.

Yndra determines that the pile of rocks in the corner is too orderly to be a natural feature. Looking at the stones she finds a sachel marked with signet of Sharrowsmith. It contains a journal and some other gear.

Anyone reading the journal....

So far I have Yndra in the room and Thaia looking into it.

journal:

===Earlier EXCERPT FROM SHARROWSMITH’S JOURNAL
Every time I plan to depart on the expedition, a new responsibility crops up and demands my attention. There will never be a perfect time, and Aya is more than capable of handling the business and the lodge in my absence for a few weeks. That settles it; at first light, I will begin my journey at last.
===Final ENTRY FROM SHARROWSMITH’S JOURNAL
I did not run into any guards on the way here, but the religious decorations and traps suggest that kobolds live in these ruins. I found a room that had not been used recently. It seems safe enough to rest a bit and to store some of my equipment here. If my hunch is right, there is a temple somewhere deeper in these ruins.

Grand Lodge

M Grippli Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +8 ! AC 21 (t15 f17) Magus 8/Druid 1, Ini +3, Perc +6 (darkvision) hp 74, CMD 18

Wiem Weems follows yndra into room, (staying in the rear if everyone else enters). She will attempt to look through the bent door.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
ouch, hardly worth using one of my 10 posts before it becomes permanent. :)


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Wiem moves into the room and tries to open the south door.

STR check

Sapper and Graxzos wait in the initial room.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra strides over to the pile of rocks and starts examining the contents, reading the journal first. "That's very interesting. It seems like Mr. Sharrowsmith was quite unlucky. And not too cautious, it seems. I'm a bit worried about the doors, though. That's the second door that seems out of shape. The room back there isn't flooded, is it?" She then continues to rummage through the satchel left by Sharrowsmith.

Anything else of interest

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

"At least we know we are on the correct trail."

651 to 700 of 1,052 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-12 Scions of the Sky KeyPart 1 [1-5] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.