PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-xx Scions of the Sky KeyPart 3 [1-5] (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Upper Altar

Ashkurhall


1 to 50 of 1,052 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Forged Map | Rebels Map

This will be run as PFS Standard scenario. I hope to do part 2 in the second slot. Part 3 may have to follow after GD4.

Liberty's Edge

dot


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The reputable merchant and ally of the Society Aya Allahe paces one of the back rooms of Sharrowsmith’s Exports, a walled trade compound on the northern edge of Nantambu in the Mwangi Expanse.

“I wish I had more to offer,” Allahe apologizes before even presenting what information she has. “Nieford Sharrowsmith never truly retired from being a Pathfinder, even after he started this business. I think, in his mind, he was still the young adventurer that hiked through jungles and fought off troglodyte tribes. Sharrowsmith’s attitude changed over the last few months—I think he was concerned for his legacy and how history would remember him. Would it be for his discoveries or for the export business that dominated his later years? The answer, I fear, was unpalatable.

“It was no surprise when he packed up and left on an expedition. But that was months ago, and neither the Society nor I have heard from him since. Sharrowsmith has never left for this long without leaving some word as to his status or sending rather demanding missives about business decisions while he was waist-deep in some jungle bog. When my own contacts failed to turn up any useful information, I had no recourse but to go through his private notes.”
Allahe motions to the mess of documents scattered about the office.

“What caught my eye was this translated rubbing. It appears to be the most recent piece of a very large puzzle Sharrowsmith was researching and indicated that he may be somewhere in the Bandu Hills. Traders from Fort Bandu have confirmed that he paid the garrison a visit, but that’s where my trail ran cold. Something happened out there, and Praetor Sylien—Fort Bandu’s commander—refuses to correspond with me on the matter despite knowing how close Nieford and I are. All I received in response was that Nieford had ‘done enough damage for one lifetime,’ and that if I wanted to discuss the matter further I would need to go to Fort Bandu in person.”

Exasperatedly, Allahe runs a hand across her forehead and turns her distant stare out the window. “I cannot shutter the business and travel hundreds of miles on the off chance that the praetor can help; the company would fall apart. I’m hoping that you will be able to go in my stead, speak with the praetor personally to learn what has befallen Sharrowsmith and help him return.”


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Introduce your characters with descriptions here...

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

"All in all, quite sensible. Where shall I begin?" She says in a clipped and precise Egorian accent. Think evil Mary Poppins, but with a musket rather than a umbrella.

Thaiadora Rossenvelt of the Egorian Rossenvelts, is tall, slender and more imperious looking than beautiful. She's dressed in an immaculate set of tailored explorer's cloths including a pathfinder-style, wide-brimmed reed hat (wich she of course never wears inside).

As others arrive (or are already there) she appraises them one after another as if they were job-seekers seeking her employment.

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Majal listened absent-mindedly to the account. The heat seems to be getting to the old woman, as she had to ditch most of the varisian scarfs she was otherwise using as a second layer of clothing over a simple linen dress. Usually, this makes her vividly stand out with a combination of vivid colors, but now she truly looks the part of an old woman totaly out of place between Pathfinders. Her old backpack - swollen with scarfs - had beed thrown haphazadrly into a corner. Since she entered the room, she even pulled of her red headscarf and her spare gray hair now was a wild mess.
"So we are here for a fool's erand into the jungle, girl? Great, another of these jobs." Supporting herself with an old wooden walking stick, she wanders slowly towards the most equisite chair she can find in the room - even if it is standing behind the counter or in a location that is difficult to reach - and lets herself fall into it.


Esmeralda walked inside following Majal closely, but once the old woman started muttering and talking, the goat began exploring the room with much interest.
After a while, she slowly approached Thaia, sniffing at her boots and trousers, as if they were a tasty snack.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper doesn't sit. He wanders the room not unlike the goat, though he doesn't approach the uptight chelaxian like she's a snack. Sounds like a perfectly reasonable course of action to me, but if you really need him back, I guess I could help ya.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Allahe gives you the Dwarven Rubbings

This is a translation of the rubbing Sharrowsmith was researching. Please review it and let me know if you have any questions.

She turns to Thaia with nod.

Where to begin you ask? Why none other than the Bandu Hills. Most importantly, it’s a dangerous place. This is true of much of the Expanse, but the Bandu Hills have a dozen ways to kill before accounting for living creatures: heat, dehydration, landslides, poisonous plants, carnivorous plants, and so on. Unfortunately, the place is sick with riches like
diamonds, gold, and silver—an embarrassment of wealth that only attracts more dangerous occupants. I am surprised that Sharrowsmith didn’t settle down there, to be honest.”

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

You said this was the latest piece of his puzzle. What pieces were the rest of it?

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
Esmeralda the goat wrote:

Esmeralda walked inside following Majal closely, but once the old woman started muttering and talking, the goat began exploring the room with much interest.

After a while, she slowly approached Thaia, sniffing at her boots and trousers, as if they were a tasty snack.

"Shoo." Thaia unobtrusively waves her boot at the animal wondering to herself which old goat smells worse.

"What does this mean? 'The sky that was taken' from them? And where is this mountain they mention?" She asks referencing the rubbing.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

A dwarven woman with plenty of gray in her hair has been listening to Aya Allahe while leaning against a wall, supporting herself with a stout wooden staff. Like Majal, she is well past her prime and she seems equally bothered by the heat. Her hair is done in a simple but neat plait, drawn over a shoulder. She's dressed in a battered breastplate worn over crimson robes.

The right part of her face is covered in a large burn scar and her right eye seems to wander, regardless of where she's looking. She seems to be in a foul mood, maybe from the weather. "The Society must be running thin on capable adventurers," she says when pointing her staff to Majal. "Why do they send two women like us on a journey through the jungle?!"

Her demeanor changes rapidly as she hears Thaia mention something about the sky. She scurries over to the regal-looking woman to take a look at the transcript. "Give me that, girl. I'm sure you must have had a decent education, but they seem to be teaching you all the wrong things. Do you know nothing about the Quest for Sky?" That explains why they asked me here, as well!

Yndra studies the transcript (assuming Thaia will let her read it, after that lecture) and starts digging in her memory, as evidenced by the fact that her right eye moves left and right even more vigorously.

Knowledge History, regarding the transcript: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

She's pulled out of her thoughts by the gnome's words, to which she adds her own. "Excellent question, master gnome," she says. "Seeing the rest of his notes would be quite intriguing."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Allahe responds to the various questions...

Regarding the translated rubbings, we do not know much. Sharrowsmith’s notes say the rubbing was made by miners in the Bandu Hills over sixty years ago, and the rubbing found its way to him through auctions he frequented. Whatever he read there, it lit a fire under him.”

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
"Aye, no wonder it did. Sounds like serious dwarven business, judging from our friend's reaction to the text." Majal chuckles a bit.
[b]"So, that Ashkurhall ... is it a known site, or was that name buried deep in the earth like the dwarves that built it?"[

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
Yndra Marthaun wrote:
The right part of her face is covered in a large burn scar and her right eye seems to wander, regardless of where she's looking. She seems to be in a foul mood, maybe from the weather. "The Society must be running thin on capable adventurers," she says when pointing her staff to Majal. "Why do they send two women like us on a journey through the jungle?!"

My thoughts exactly.

Yndra Marthaun wrote:
Her demeanor changes rapidly as she hears Thaia mention something about the sky. She scurries over to the regal-looking woman to take a look at the transcript. "Give me that, girl. I'm sure you must have had a decent education, but they seem to be teaching you all the wrong things. Do you know nothing about the Quest for Sky?"

The cheek! The sheer presumption!

"One would think the sky would obvious enough to find--provided one were tall enough to see over the horizon, madam dwarf."

With an inward sigh for the inelegant manner of speech the otherwise respectable-looking Venture-Captain used in describing her collegue's excitement, Thaia says: "So, to the Bandu Hills to find the rest of this message, and from there pick up master Sharrowsmith's trail."

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper grumbles, And who does she think she is makin fun of us short folk like that...

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

She shoots the gnome a look that reads "Well, isn't it obvious?"

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

"I'd guess a pampered girl." Majal says out of the corner she is sitting in, followed by a cackle that would most certainly be well described as not quite sane.


Having been so impolitely rebuffed be the tall woman, Esmeralda chooses to sniff the gnome thouroughly in her stead. Very strange odors were stuck to him, and while she didn't seem to find them tasty as she did the sturdy leather of Ms Roosevelt's boots, she appears very curious and almost runs him over.

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper grabs the goats horns to keep his feet, but makes no other effort to block the animals advances and even gets a few sniffs of his own in.

What I'm hearing is you have nothing more to give us and we should really get moving.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.
Thaia Rossenvelt wrote:
"One would think the sky would obvious enough to find--provided one were tall enough to see over the horizon, madam dwarf."

For once, Yndra's eyes both fix on Thalia. "Well, thank you. I am sure your contribution will be invaluable when we need something from the top drawer of the cupboard," she snaps. "But, I agree that we should be off to the Bandu Hills. This Sylien fellow seems like he's a handful, but nothing we shouldn't be able to handle."

"Anything before we get going? Are you sure you're up for the journey?" she asks Maja in particular.

GM, nothing in the transcript was familiar to me, with my Knowledge History check?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Forged Map | Rebels Map

I am driving home from vacation out of town today so will post results of any knowledge checks Tonight once we reach home .

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

"Eh, don't worry about me good girl. A month ago I was bartering with gnolls in the desert of Katapesh, and one earlier I crawled through tunnels full of snake-people.
These bones won't succumb to naught but old age!"

With these words she stands up, a low cracking quite audible escaping from her back. "See? Old age." she says with a smile and a wink.

"One thing that I learned there was that heat is bad for me. Gonna grab a sparkling stick with proper magic against this.
You really don't wanna learn for yourself what happens when a scroll of endure elements goes wrong. Still struggling with the after effects hah!"
she says with sweat visibly massing on her face.

As we are in Skyreach, I will go buy some equipment for the journey before we embark. Still thinking about what to take though.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You are actually in Nantambu at the lodge there. So most items you would want to purchase are available.

She turns to Yndra.

Praetor Sylien I know only by reputation. The grandson of an old elven explorer, he’s served the garrison for decades, though I hear he’s mostly retired now. My business associates say he is a fair and very pragmatic man, one who respects hard facts and truth. His being dismissive of my request sounds uncharacteristic.”

Kn:History oddly does not uncover any details on this forgotten piece of lore. However, Kn:Geography or Local, or profession mining or merchant seem more likely to hold clues about your destination in the Bandu Hills.

"If there are no other questions, make haste and fare well. I will look forward to your report.

Once you have finished speaking with Aya Allahe and purchasing supplies, you will journey south. The route involves traveling by boat down the Vanji River, then switching to canoes to paddle up the Little Vanji and Dzimmi Rivers. Finally, you wind through several of the lower Bandu Hills through a pass to Fort Bandu.

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

:P *pbbt*

Profession (merchant): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Oh, poopie. ;(

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra seems satisfied by Majal's credentials, but stares hand at the woman when she mentions her mishap with a scroll. She grabs the symbol of Nethys that was tucked away in her robes and holds it out as a ward. "Watch out with that," she says in a stern voice. "Experimenting with magic is not a laughing matter. I've seen first-hand what the consequences can be, and I'll not stand for someone putting themselves - or others - at risk. Mark my words."

She mutters something inaudible when learning that the proctor is an elf, some sentences that seem to include words like 'fickle', 'sense' and 'thumping'.

"Let's get going then, I'm curious about these Bandu Hills."

No Knowledge skills trained from those mentioned. I might be able to assist someone else, though: As a subdomain power, I can give people a reroll on a knowledge check a few times per day, giving a +3 bonus on the reroll.

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Eh right, confused briefing locations with my other game XD

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 I'd say that's enough - let's spare the rerolls for when it seems to be important ;)

"Eh, don' worry. I survived three husbands and a few very hard years in my time. Some scribbling won't kill me." She looks to the goat with something of an amused expression, apparently stopping it from chewing up one of the more expensive looking clothes for sale, then adresses the gnome.

"Come lad, help an old lady with the bags eh? I do have a horse with me, but putting the stuff in the saddlebacks is really bad for my back." she waves her walking stick around, as if that was a well-understood expression.

"Then we'll meet at the boat folks." With that, she walks towards the exit, picks up her backback and goat and strolls out towards the market. She does stop in the doorway though, looking back. "Might need some antitoxins, there's snakes in jungles I heard."

I'm gonna buy a wand of Endure Elements for 2 PP, as well as 2 scrolls of Comprehend Languages, 1 scroll of See Invisibility and 2 Antitoxins for 300 gp

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper follows Majal out to help her pack, though how in earth he was going to load a horse, he didn't know. Dogs are tall enough for him.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

I don't think it's a waste of an ability. It's probably a few days' travel anyway, resetting the daily uses.

Yndra smiles at the old crone, tapping a finger gently at her temple. "Come on, you've seen and heard a lot in your lifetime. There has to be some useful information in there."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Majal is able to recall a bit of information on the Bandu Hills

KnLocal:

The Bandu Hills remain rich in gold, silver, and gems, despite several centuries of colonial mining. Prospectors arrive from throughout the Inner Sea region to seek their fortune. The local Mwangi tribes often retaliate violently.

Allahe, seeing the aged Majal adds one final piece of advice.

"Oh, and in his youth, Sharrowsmith always traveled alone. But with his bad back, he needs teamsters to carry equipment and scribes to help with field research. But it’s quite out of character for Sharrowsmith to embark without staff. I think he felt like he had something to prove. Fare ye well.”

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

On the way out the door, the group meets a chestnut-haired dwarf who scuds to a stop in front of them. There's a single streak of white in his tangled mane, and he's got dark goggles covering his eyes. He's laden down by a large backpack, and various straps, buckles, and toggles hang off his gear, making him look more like a construct sometimes than a living creature.

"Damnation! Missed the bloody meetin'? Sorry, sorry Miss Allahe. Won' happen again! Was just settin' up some...eh...business ventures o' me own. I'm sure ya 'ppreciate such things. Hahahahaha!" He pushes up his goggles and squints at you, bleary-eyed. "Name's Graxzos, Grax to me friends. You lot kin call me Graxzos. So, where's we off to?"

Once he's been filled in, the dwarf snorts derisively. "We're gon' traipse through the jungle with this lot? Guess that makes me the muscle then, eh? Hahaha! Well, I'm fine wit that..."

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Sapper looks the dwarf up, down, and sideways. My name's Sapper. You wouldn't happen to be one of those Alkenstar gun men, would you?

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13 Nice - excactly the same result XD

"Eh? Well a drunken prospector told me bout the hills. Lots of locals who don't like foreigners digging around for gold. But that's all I got." She taps her own finger gently on Yndra's temple.
"I'm sure you seen your lot as well." she says with a snicker.

Seeing the new dwarf arrive, she waits until the man got brought up to date, then speaks.
"You arrived right in time to help me out as well, lad! Sapper here might need some help with helping me with the shopping."


It doesn't take long for the goat to find interest in the new arrival. Gunpowder and whatnot is not sniffed often, and together with the strange stuff on the gnome, Esmeralda foresees a lot of explosions in her near future.

The dwarven boots might be tasty, though!

If the facial expressions of a goat could be read so easily, one might see her almost licking her lips as she approaches Grax.

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

"Well met, graxzos. My name is Yndra, of the Janderhoff citadel," says the dwarven woman. "It's good to have someone else on board for this expedition, but do make sure you're on time from now on." She then proceeds to give a summary of the briefing.

Yndra has no further preparations to make. She has strapped on a well-filled backpack and has slipped a worn battleaxe through her belt. "Let's go, then."

I love the goat (even though Yndra will ignore it for the most part). :)

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2

"Right. As soon as my porter and native guide arrive we should be off. Majal you are welcome to add to the porter's burden if you choose to. I would have purchased some horses but I doubt they'd be practical where we are going. And I see someone has hired a dwarf to reload my rifle for me. Excellent."

That goat has tasted human souls. Soles? Whatever.

Also it seems that all of our frontline fighters are actually backline fighters.

We need a 4 person game with nothing but characters who have interesting familiars/animal companions/eidolons.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Me? From Alkenstar? Naaaah, I'm from Osirion, at least o-riginally." The dwarf grins. "Learned from one, though. One o' the best men I ever met. This be his." He pats the silver-handled pistol at his waist. "Yeh'll never find a better weapon! Kito, his name was. Ya know him?"

When Majal jokes about the shopping, Graxzos looks startled, then bursts out laughing. Grahahaha! Yer alright, old lady, I likes a feisty ol' woman. Tell ya what, all this's done, why don' I show ya some o' what I dabble in, eh? Shopping's a bit I do know about." He winks. "Hey, scat, goat."

His look sours slightly at Thaia's comment. "Reload yer own dang boomstick, lady. I was ne'er a dab enough hand at doin' that under pressure fer Kito, prob'ly better off doin' it yerself." He grins. "I look forward t' seein' who's the better shot and the faster draw, though!"

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Nah. I just know an explosion when I see one. The gnome grins mischievously.

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

That familliar/eidolon game sounds like it would pretty much rock. Hunter, Shaman, Wizard, Summoner huh?

"Sounds good, it does." she says to Graxzos, then replies to Thaia in a high-pitched voice. Maybe the comment offended her.
"I got a horse waiting outside, he is always practical!" and storms out towards the market, choosing to ignore Thaia's invitation and rely only on the friendly young gnome.


Almost succeeding in stealthily tasting Graxzos' boots, Esmeralda suddenly jumps up and follows her master outside, bumping with her horns against the dwarf's behind and emitting a surprised "Me-Eh!".

Sovereign Court

Female Human (Chelaxian) gunslinger (musket master) 2/evoker 2 | hp 29 | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | CMD 17 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Kn(Arc, Eng, Geo, Loc, Nat, Nob, Pla, Rel) +7, Perc +8, Scrft +7, SensM +2 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Grit 2/2
Majal wrote:
That familliar/eidolon game sounds like it would pretty much rock. Hunter, Shaman, Wizard, Summoner huh?

There's this bloodrager I'm in a game with whose raven familiar treats him like an animal companion the way you'd guess Thaia treats her slaves back home. "Carry me around! Cut my food for me! Why are you such an idiot?"

"Fine. But let it never be said that Thaia Rossenvelt, was unkind to the old or infirm." She then thinks of what was said between the old woman and the dwarf. Was it *ugh* flirting? She involuntarily shutters at the thought and at the very real possibility that Majal is too old for Graxzos.

Dark Archive

female Human (Varisian) Hedge Witch 3 | HP 11/18 | AC 13 Touch 12 FF 11 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perception +1 (+3 with familiar)

Well, that was highly entertaining XD

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Hey now. She's only 5 years my senior! :P

Dark Archive

Female Dwarf Inquisitor (Iconoclast) 4 HP 32/39 | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +2, Will +8 (+3 vs poison, +5 vs spells/SLA's, +2 vs magic items) | Init +3 | Perception +10, Darkvision 60 ft. Judgement: 2/2. Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 2/2. Recall 2/3. Active conditions: none.

Yndra gives a weary shake of her head at the way Thalia expresses herself. Tiresome child... That's what you get without proper discipline. The toddlers will think they rule the world.

At Graxzos she looks with concentration, mostly because she has a bit of trouble following his accent. "Graxzos, er... Grax, you mentioned some business ventures. Anything in particular you know about the Bendu Hills?"

Maybe you can try the Knowledge Local check as well. Majal got a result of 13, but you might know more.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Good call! Let's see what I know...

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Graxzos snorts at Slipper's enthusiasm. "Betcha do. Never known a gnome that weren' trouble."

Liberty's Edge

stats:
Current HP: 17/17 | AC/T/FF: 16/14/13 | Fort +6 Ref +6 Will +0 | Perception +7 (+8vs traps); DD +9 (+10vs traps+magical), Low light | Current Bombs: 7/7

Truth. Sapper snickers.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

On their way out of town, as the group passes through one of the markets, Graxzos mutters, "Hol' on, I gotta see a man about a thing..." and disappears down an alley.

When he returns, he's carrying a small but heavy-looking blade and his belt pouch clinks audibly.

Going to buy a machete and 5 vials of alchemist's fire for a total of 110 gp. Are we set for healing, or do we need to buy items for that?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Actually with Graxzos' connections withe the Exchange and various trade documents, he calls in some favors (kn:local+2 for 20)

Graxzos:

10+The Bandu Hills remain rich in gold, silver, and gems, despite several centuries of colonial mining. Prospectors arrive from throughout the Inner Sea region to seek their fortune. The local Mwangi tribes often retaliate violently.
15+ Most of the larger mining operations belong to the Deeptreasure Mining Company, which has dominated the local industry for nearly three centuries. Their onetime competitors, the Gold Crown Company, are now better known for shipping and export services.
20+ Deeptreasure agents are always on the lookout for independent miners, whom they bully away from
promising claims. A Deeptreasure representative in Fort Bandu is offering a bounty for information regarding any promising unoccupied (or ill-defended) mines.

Recap on the travel since Graxzos joined with new info

Once you finished speaking with Aya Allahe and purchasing supplies, they journey south.

The route involves traveling by boat down the Vanji River, then switching to canoes to paddle up
the Little Vanji and Dzimmi Rivers.
Finally, you wind through several of the lower Bandu Hills through a pass to Fort Bandu.

The fort is a small frontier settlement surrounded by high stone walls located on the northern edge of Sargava.
Within the fort’s walls, dozens of mining companies maintain outposts out of pavilion tents,
hiring laborers and purchasing necessary supplies brought
in by merchants from the north, south, and west.

The fort holds a garrison over 100 soldiers that appear to struggle to maintain a balance of defense
of the frontier and protection for the miners and traders within its walls.

When you arrive in Fort Bandu the atmosphere is noticeably tense.
Cold stares and accusing looks greet anyone openly identifiable as a Pathfinder.
Merchants refuse to open their stalls to you. Some grumble.

"We don't serve your kind. Keep your troubles with you and keep walking...to the exit"

You eventually spot an officer of the fort garrison.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

As the group heads south, Graxzos shows up, looking smug. "Got us some info. Here's the skinny..." He'll then relay the info under the spoiler above.

"Best to watch out for the Deeptreasure company, I'm guessin'. They run the show down here, an' I'd not want t'be crossin' them."

Several days later, at Fort Bandu, the dwarf, who's seemed only more alert as the days wore on, marches up to the officer and snarls, "Here, you! We're havin' important business with the Praetor. Take us to him! Now!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Forged Map | Rebels Map

I will let others catch up on reading. I also added a map link for the fort at the top of the page. Mainly just for color/starting point.

1 to 50 of 1,052 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP GameDay 4: GM Aarvid PFS 6-12 Scions of the Sky KeyPart 1 [1-5] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.