[PFS] Outpost 2018 GM Sedoriku's #7-04: The Ironbound Schism (Inactive)

Game Master Sedoriku

Chronicles

Handouts, Images and Maps


251 to 264 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin attacks his new best friend that hugs him.

to hit - Good Hope+Haste+Rage-Grappled: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 30
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 17

haste attack - Good Hope+Haste+Rage-Grappled: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 28
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 14

to hit - Good Hope+Haste+Rage-Grappled: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 14


GM Dice:

Claw vs. Kiti: 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 19 - 2 = 18
Claw vs. Tiki: 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 19 - 2 = 34
1d8 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 9 + (1) = 15

Tiki and Kiti charge into the fray, causing both of the giant things swing at the charging pair the Red-runed going for the animal and the Blue-runed going for the humanoid, each one apparently having their favorite foods. Red swings too high and completely misses the charging rhino, but Blue has the benefit of targeting the one up high and opens a good gash across Tiki’s chest while chilling the man considerably. A hit, Tiki takes 14 slashing and 1 cold

These don’t stop the pair from slamming into the red beast, however. Their attacks leaving gaping views of the mountains side in the flesh of the creature. An enraged-more-than-normal Gro-Khal then steps up and connects the two dots with his giant axe finishing the beast in question. Coins tumbles out of its gaping maw and lashes the thing a few times with his tail just to be sure.

Edwin, on the other hand, doesn’t have anyone to come to his rescue and instead has to fight his way out of the maw, but his first two swings are enough to sever an artery in the misshapen beast’s neck and it quickly bleeds out spraying blood all over the paladin.

With the two creatures down it’s just a matter of walking up to the Ogre and Pahg-Vahr and knocking them over. Pahg-Vahr is at 0 and the ogre is at 4, they’re all but dead.

COMBAT OVER!
Coins (-40)
Edwin (-30)
Tiki (-15)

A quick examination of the corpses shows nothing of interest, minus a few scraps of food that don’t look too spoiled. The inside of the cavern proves to contain very little, some softly glowing fungi, lots of rubble and a few things stacked against the side of the wall, including a long carved branch. Strewn across the ruble are the mutilated corpses of many ogres atht had been working with Pahg-Vahr. The only other thing of note in the room is the opaque, ivory colored sphere, partially uncovered by what looks like crude digging.

We are for the most part done, but you can try messing around with this optional setting if you wish, I’ll be moving you along tomorrow.

Silver Crusade

Neutral Good Vanara Fighter 4/Hunter 5 (Sheet) (Equipment) (Companion) | HP: 6/76 | AC: 28 (14 T, 25 F) | CMD: 27 | F: 13, R: 11, W: 7 | Init: 2 | Perc: 12 | Speed 40, climb 30 |
Tracked Resources:
Primal Transformation 3/5 | Dire Collar 0/1 | Level 1 2/5 | Level 2 0/3 | Reroll 0/1

Not that it matters for this combat, but I'm assuming the giants had the grappled condition because they did not take -20 to their grab attempt (either that or they had a really huge CMB). If you have the grappled condition you cannot make attacks of opportunity.

Tiki gazed into the cavern to take in what his eyes could make in the dim light.


I thought that was the case, and I looked up the grappled condition just to be sure, but I completely missed that line! Tiki didn't take any damage.

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin goes to Coins and tries to heal him.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 1) + 3 = 11
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4) + 3 = 13
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 1) + 3 = 12

After Coins, Edwin does the same thing to himself.
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 8) + 3 = 17
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 6) + 3 = 17

Grand Lodge

M Aasimar (Angelkin) Skald 9: HP 67/67, CG, AC=21, T=13 , FF=18 | CMD=25, CMB=+13 | F=12 , R=10 , W=9(+4 Sound) | Init +3 | Perc= +18 |

Turk is somewhat embarrassed that he froze in fear and asks What in the hells were those things? He happily offers his wand of Cure Light to help cure anyone wounded. Just roll for cures and I'll mark off charges.

In the room with the sphere Turk will cast Detect magic and study it.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

If I could study it longer I think I can understand it better. I have lost track of days but if this is the same day he used his Bardic Lore ability tomorrow he can take 20 on the appropriate knowledge skill for a 29, or a 30 if he can get a guidance.

Scarab Sages

NG Female Ifrit Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 8 | HP: 67/67 | Init: +10 Perception: +3 | AC: 24 T: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 23 | F +6 R +14 W +7 | Performance [22/27] | Buffs Active: Good Hope |
Slots:
1st [5/5] 2nd [1/5] 3rd [0/3]

With Edwin patching up Coins, and Turk examining the cave, Shyvara stares discerningly at the fallen giants, before casting a spell. Detect Magic to see if our Giant Friends left us anything good!

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Ranger 2/Transmuter 5/Eldritch Knight 2 | hp 62 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | CMD 25 | F +8 R +9 W +6 (+2 v Ench) | Spd 30' (Run x5) | Init +6 | Kn(Arc, Geo, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8*, Perc +12* (low-light), Scrft +10 (+12 ID), SensM +1* | Arcane Bond 1/1 | boots of spd 10/10| wand of clw 7/50 | *Favored Enemy (human) +2 |

Shone takes a few moments to look over the contents of the cave. Takes 10 for 22 on perception checks, casts detect magic, etc....


All of the detect magic effects almost flood everyone with a strong sense of abjuration magics in the cave space, with the barrier making a good magical replacement for the sun; so ‘bright’ you feel you might burn holes in your magic-sensing ‘eyes’. Strong abjuration aura everywhere, overwhelming for the barrier

Shonne’s sharp, regular, eyes find that stick standing against the wall is actually a staff with Thassalonian runes cared all over it, and it proves to have a moderately-strong abjuration aura, a relative dark spot in the room.

Any attempts at the barrier prove to be useless, with it turning aside any weapon or non-abjuration spell, and any abjuration spell is instead reflected back onto the caster. You find nothing else of import in the cavern, even with a thorough search.

Heading back down the mountain, you meet no troubles, The midday sun provides some nice warmth, and the island seems rather still, with only the occasional animal or bird breaking the peace. You have to take a slightly different route back, but end up passing the old site of the dam and the now free flowing Little Thunder. Dhiara and the contingent of orcs apparently having finished their job and shipped back hours ago, the crashing and roaring of the river still proves to be some welcome noise. Following it back into to town, Shonne spots a contingent of battered but jubilant half-orcs coming back from a battle elsewhere.

You reach Averaka just a few minute after the troop, and are soon surrounded by the group, getting pats on the back, questions about what you’d been up to, more than a few compliments directed at Gro-khal and Turk on their sizes. After a few minutes of getting nowhere, Dhiara cuts a path through the group. ”The coucilors want to have a word with you.” She turns to the rest of the group and in a cool voice, explains, ”They can celebrate later, right now they have business.”

The half-elf guides you to the councilors tent, and sees you in. ”I brought them.”

Kalla, a bandage on her arm, moves out from behind the table and clasps Turk’s hand in a strong shake. ”WE were successful with driving the giants off! We didn’t get Chief Gorgnak, but we wounded him and were able to get a few of his lieutenants. Your suggestions certainly made a difference in how that played out. Now, how about your mission, how did it go?”

Grand Lodge

M Aasimar (Angelkin) Skald 9: HP 67/67, CG, AC=21, T=13 , FF=18 | CMD=25, CMB=+13 | F=12 , R=10 , W=9(+4 Sound) | Init +3 | Perc= +18 |

Turk updates these allies on their mission, and not knowing any reason to leave anything out, does not. He takes pride in the telling and makes it into somewhat of a ballad.

Perform: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33

The Exchange

Nagaji Titan Fighter 4/Mad Dog Barbarian 4/Wild Child Brawler 2 HP: 80 | AC: 20, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 18 | CMB: +16, CMD: 28 | F: +14, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +14 [Low-Light Vision]| Active Effects: Good Hope, Enlarge Person

"Gro-Khal cut giants. Gro-Khal then get big and cut troll and Coins eat trolls. Gro-Khal and Coins follow group and then find big giant with two heads and then bigger giants with no heads but lots of teeth and glowing and Gro-Khal and Tiki and Coins and Eddy all cut gianter giants and then we came back here since Gro-Khal and friends ran out of giants to smash."

"You have more giants for Gro-Khal and friends to smush?

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Ranger 2/Transmuter 5/Eldritch Knight 2 | hp 62 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | CMD 25 | F +8 R +9 W +6 (+2 v Ench) | Spd 30' (Run x5) | Init +6 | Kn(Arc, Geo, His, Loc, Nat, Pla) +8*, Perc +12* (low-light), Scrft +10 (+12 ID), SensM +1* | Arcane Bond 1/1 | boots of spd 10/10| wand of clw 7/50 | *Favored Enemy (human) +2 |
GM Sedoriku wrote:

Shonne’s sharp, regular, eyes find that stick standing against the wall is actually a staff with Thassalonian runes cared all over it, and it proves to have a moderately-strong abjuration aura, a relative dark spot in the room.

Shonne notes the powerful magical auras with at first a look of amazement and then with a brisk nod. "There is strong magic here." She says indicating the space. Then she moves to inspect the stave.

spellcraft v staff (ID): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Back at camp she nods at points in Turk's report as appropriate, but says little unless directly asked.


Shonne finds that the item is a long stick, possibly a staff or a wand but the arcane enchantments on it are too obscure and heavily layered to get a good idea of what it can do.

In the councilor’s tent, Kalla seems initially rather displeased at Turk’s attempts to sing his report instead of just getting down to brass tacks. “Why in Gorum’s name are you giving us a damned ballad?”

Souta and Bravok both move in, though eager to hear more. Souta in particular lays a hand on Kalla’s arm. He’s not doing any harm, and this way is certainly more appealing.” Bravok also adds a few words, ”He’s good enough that this wouldn’t be uninteresting.”

Overruled the military councilor stomps back to her chair and sits down angrily, but by the end of Turk’s performance even she has relaxed some and enjoyed the masterful presentation.

With a huff solely for keeping up appearnaces, Kalla moves up to the group, and pulls Turk aside, the worry on her face clearly showing. ”Are you absolutely positive that Hagal is …dead?....”

Seeing that Kalla is busy with personal concerns, Bravok steps forward and draws everyone’s attention away from the two in the corner. ”Well it sounds like you had a fairly successful expedition! We are certainly grateful for you clearing that dam, the Little Thunder is back up to full strength and we shouldn’t have any water worries for right now.”

Souta gives Gro-Khal a small almost motherly smile. ”We’ve driven the giants back and crippled them, so no, Gro, dearie, we don’t have anymore giants for you to smash. If the need ever arises, you’re the first person we will request.” She then turns and addresses all of the group. ”We’ll look into arranging transportation back to Magnimar for tomorrow, so feel free to enjoy the night of celebrations that is likely ramping up right now. Now go on get out of here, we want to finish what business we have before joining in ourselves.” With this she waves you all out the flap and into the late afternoon light, already full of revelers drunkenly staggering around.

And that is the end!
You discovered and explored the ruins, which was condition number 1 and you stayed on the good side of Averaka, by helping the battle plans and not letting the troops who came with you get killed for success condition number 2, thus earning you 1 XP and 2 PP

Shyvarra also completed her faction goal of convincing Dhiara to meet with her faction leader, and can check off two boxes on her faction card if she is working on one.

Grand Lodge

M Aasimar (Angelkin) Skald 9: HP 67/67, CG, AC=21, T=13 , FF=18 | CMD=25, CMB=+13 | F=12 , R=10 , W=9(+4 Sound) | Init +3 | Perc= +18 |

I did not see the body Kalla, but his death was admitted to us. I do have this sword to give to you. I believe it belonged to Hagal.

251 to 264 of 264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Outpost 2018 GM Sedoriku's #7-04: The Ironbound Schism All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.