PFS Core First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Tsriel

Gameplay Map


251 to 272 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male elf bard 1 | hp 8/8 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F/R/W +0/+5/+3 | Bard. perform rounds 5/7 | Perception +7

Bralden begins performing +1 to attack, damage, and against fear and pulls out his longbow, ready to fire next round.

Sovereign Court

LN Dwarf Monk 9 *Core*

"This ain't gonna turn out well..." Doubtful mumbles, as he moves forward towards the crowd, to help out Radagast.

Going on the defensive as best he can, one fist lashes out at the newly revealed cloaked figure.

Unarmed Strike, Bard, Defensive: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 18, for 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 damage.

Was hoping to get that first lady while she was injured, but she moved... and me with only a 20' move =) Bit worried about the guy with the axe... hopefully no more 20's

AC 18 til next round

Liberty's Edge

(Core) hp 25/30 | AC 20 t. 15 ff. 16 | CMD 12 | F +5 R +7 W +4 (+2 vs fear) Res 10 elec | (Er: 7/8 L1: 7/8 L2: 3/3) | Senses +0
Skills:
Acrobatics+6,Bluff+10,Climb-1,Diplomacy+6,Escape+4,Fly+6,HandleAni+6,Inti+9 ,K.Arcana+8,K.History,+7,K.Planes+8,Ling+3,SenseMotive-2,Spelcraft+7,Stealt h+8,Survival-2,Swim -3,UMD+11,Concentration+9
Male Halfling Sorcerer 4 | mage armor 1h (Inactive)

Ledt steps to the front and casts a grease spell on the enemies feet (see square at map).
Ref DC 15 or fell prone, double movement to move through, need acrobatics DC 10 and they get flatfooted on moving.

"Who are you? What do you want?! Leave my friends alone!" yells the halfling as he casts.

Sovereign Court

LN Dwarf Monk 9 *Core*

Did you figure out the roll20 link issue, Tsriel? Haven't had any issues clicking on it recently, so it does not appear to be expiring
(And if so, what did you change in the link?

And yay for getting 3 of 4 in the grease spell!


Doubtful wrote:

Did you figure out the roll20 link issue, Tsriel? Haven't had any issues clicking on it recently, so it does not appear to be expiring

(And if so, what did you change in the link?

And yay for getting 3 of 4 in the grease spell!

I keep a direct link to the table page just above my avatar.

The skulker gets clocked in the jaw hard by Doubtful's fist. There's an unsettling crack from the sound of impact but the man still stands.

Save vs Grease:

Larkin Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Ledford Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Deandre Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Those that failed have a "boot" icon for being prone

Two of the thugs slip and fall under the suddenly slick surface. The halfling, looking visably upset, stands up and attempts to approach Radagast with his axe still in hand

Ledford Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

The woman in robes standing in the back conjures an acid dart and flings it at Doubtful!

Attacker has point blank and precise shot, no cover penalties because of her ally being knocked prone.
Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Acid Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Initiative Order:

[25-21] Radagast, Devonalia, Larkin
[20-16] Deandre
[15-11] Bralden, Ledt, Doubtful
[rest] Ledford, Halli

Group [25-21] has initiative!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid 7 (HP 59/59) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 20) (Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8) (Init +3) (Perception +18)

Radagast takes a swing at the halfling in front of him.

Scythe: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20, for 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 + 1 = 10 damage.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid 7 (HP 59/59) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 20) (Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8) (Init +3) (Perception +18)

Also, I still cannot access the map (this time from home) - when I click on the link it says that I am 'Not Authorized'.

Grand Lodge

Male elf bard 1 | hp 8/8 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F/R/W +0/+5/+3 | Bard. perform rounds 5/7 | Perception +7
Radagast the Brown wrote:
Also, I still cannot access the map (this time from home) - when I click on the link it says that I am 'Not Authorized'.

Just go to roll20.net and choose the game in your list of games. Generally works better, I've found.

Liberty's Edge

Female
ATK:
Ranged +8, Melee +5
Half- Elf Fighter 1/Rogue 3 CORE [HP: 34/34][AC: 20 FF: 16, T: 15][Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +3] [Initiative:+6][Perception;+12]

Devonalia targets the closest foe (cant access the map)
Longbow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 26..DMG: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9
Crit Longbow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 16..DMG: 2d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7, 5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16


@Devonalia
Based on your post, I'm going to assume you meant to target the halfling since the other closest target is prone, which wouldn't be optimal for you.

The halfling gets hacked hard by Radagast's strike, which is quickly followed up by an arrow to the heart from Devonalia's bow. The halfling doesn't even have time to emote pain as he falls to his knees, blood spewing profusely from his injuries. He slumps over to his side motionless, his blood pooling out beneath him.

The prone skulker, suddenly losing his courage in the fight, goes into a defensive posture before attempting to stand up.

Opportunity attacks! I'll preemptively roll them for those in front unless you state otherwise to not take it or you wish to try a combat maneuver instead.

Doubtful Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Radagast Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 24
Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 + 1 = 10

Unfortunately for the would-be mugger, the effort combined with the poor choice of target made for a swift end of him. He too slumps over motionless on the ground.

The armored woman, clearly furious, curses and throws obscenities at you and her weak companions. Clearly intent on taking matters into her own hands, casts a spell...

Spellcraft DC 16:

It's Cure Light Wounds!
Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Initiative Order:

[25-21] Radagast, Devonalia
[20-16] Deandre
[15-11] Bralden, Ledt, Doubtful
[rest] Halli

Group [15-11] has received initiative!

Sovereign Court

LN Dwarf Monk 9 *Core*

Hmmm... my 20' movement is causing me consternation.
I want to attack the lady in the back which is 2 squares...
but the grease costs me 2 squares of movement, and if I try to tumble to the final square to avoid the AoO, that costs me 2 squares (or 3 with the grease) ... so would end up 25' (a double move) to get there (boo).

So going to try the following:
Make sure Bralden and Ledt go first (in case they're shooting stuff) so as to avoid firing into combat penalties.
Then: Standing broad jump to jump over the first 5' (DC 10) to avoid the movement penalty for that square only, then tumble into the 2nd square to avoid the AoO from the armored lady (vs CMD), acrobatics again to not fall down for the grease (DC 10), then come in with a Stunning Fist punch to the caster lady at the back with a flourish.
That should be exactly 20' of movement... unless I mess up the jump of course =)

Acrobatics to Jump 5' vs DC 10: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20 If I fail this, then just stop here, and apply the attack vs the armored lady instead, without the Stunning Fist
Acrobatics to avoid AoO vs CMD: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Acrobatics for Grease, DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Melee Attack w/ Stunning Fist: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16, for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 damage (DC 13 Fort save or stunned)

edit: nice rolls, the the worst was the actual attack for for min damage! At least it will look cool. Very Jason Statham-like (cf. the motor oil fight scene in The Transporter!)


O_O - Wow.

Yeah, just waiting on the others, but I think even Bruce Lee would've thought that was cool. I'll hold off on the saving throw for the moment. Suspense!

Sovereign Court

LN Dwarf Monk 9 *Core*

Heh, in all my years playing, I've never seen a successful Stunning Fist, so not holding my breath on that one, even if it does hit. On the plus side, a 1st level caster type gives me better odds then usual, I suppose. =)

Liberty's Edge

(Core) hp 25/30 | AC 20 t. 15 ff. 16 | CMD 12 | F +5 R +7 W +4 (+2 vs fear) Res 10 elec | (Er: 7/8 L1: 7/8 L2: 3/3) | Senses +0
Skills:
Acrobatics+6,Bluff+10,Climb-1,Diplomacy+6,Escape+4,Fly+6,HandleAni+6,Inti+9 ,K.Arcana+8,K.History,+7,K.Planes+8,Ling+3,SenseMotive-2,Spelcraft+7,Stealt h+8,Survival-2,Swim -3,UMD+11,Concentration+9
Male Halfling Sorcerer 4 | mage armor 1h (Inactive)

Observing Doubful amazing performance, Ledt advances to where he can reach the enemies with his rays and focus on the cleric one as he casts his spell.

Sparks of electricity go through the halfling's hair, then a ray of electricity goes between Doubful and Radagast hiting the cleric in plain.
Elemental ray+PS+IC (touch): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 25
Electrical damage+PS+IC: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male elf bard 1 | hp 8/8 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | F/R/W +0/+5/+3 | Bard. perform rounds 5/7 | Perception +7

Bralden continues singing and is clearly impressed by Doubtful's acrobatic prowess. Just gonna keep singing for now. +1 atk, dmg, vs. fear


As Doubtful does his impressive display of agility, Ledt steps forward, letting loose an electricity charged ray, striking the cleric. She shutters violently as the charge leaves its mark.

Fortitude vs Stunning Fist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
...Positive reinforcement?

Doubtful connects with his strike. His targets body undulates from the blow, yet she still carries a sadistic grin on her face as she concentrates on casting her spell in melee.

Casting Defensively: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

But that sadistic grin turns to a look of frustration as she loses the her concentration on the casting.

Spoiler:
Initiative Order
[25-21] Radagast, Devonalia
[20-16] Deandre
[15-11] Bralden, Ledt, Doubtful
[rest] Halli

Group [25-21] has received initiative!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid 7 (HP 59/59) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 20) (Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8) (Init +3) (Perception +18)

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12.

Radagast strides forward, gingerly balancing on the Grease...

Scythe: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21, for 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 + 1 = 12.

...and delivers a vicious blow to the armored woman in front of him.


She falls into unconsciousness in the grease.
Looks like I better get those ready...

Liberty's Edge

Female
ATK:
Ranged +8, Melee +5
Half- Elf Fighter 1/Rogue 3 CORE [HP: 34/34][AC: 20 FF: 16, T: 15][Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +3] [Initiative:+6][Perception;+12]

Devonalia will continue to target a standing enemy and if none, then a prone enemy...still cant see the map
Longbow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 8..DMG: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 11

Sovereign Court

LN Dwarf Monk 9 *Core*

hmmm... since Deandre is out of the picture now, that means its group 3!

Doubtful will 5' step to the side of the caster lady, and throw a series of punches, trying not to kill her, so they have someone to question.

Flurry of Blows, bard: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 1 + 1 = 17, for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 non-lethal damage.
Flurry of Blows, bard: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 1 + 1 = 8, for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 non-lethal damage.

Liberty's Edge

(Core) hp 25/30 | AC 20 t. 15 ff. 16 | CMD 12 | F +5 R +7 W +4 (+2 vs fear) Res 10 elec | (Er: 7/8 L1: 7/8 L2: 3/3) | Senses +0
Skills:
Acrobatics+6,Bluff+10,Climb-1,Diplomacy+6,Escape+4,Fly+6,HandleAni+6,Inti+9 ,K.Arcana+8,K.History,+7,K.Planes+8,Ling+3,SenseMotive-2,Spelcraft+7,Stealt h+8,Survival-2,Swim -3,UMD+11,Concentration+9
Male Halfling Sorcerer 4 | mage armor 1h (Inactive)

Ledt steps behind Radagast and readies an action in case the wizard tries to run away.
"You are alone now, depose your weapons and components and surrender!"

If he runs away:

Ledt casts grease once he goes inside the area marked on the map trying to hamper his retreat or at least slowing it.
Ref DC 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.

TBH, I don't think that readied action is going to matter with Doubtful's stout punches. Speaking of...

Devonalia lets her arrow fly, attempting to take care to not shoot her dwarven companion. Unfortunately the sacrifice of accuracy for safety caused the arrow to miss its mark high.

Despite Ledt issuing his edict to surrender, Doubtful made sure that there wasn't any other choice with a solid punch to the mage's gut. The blow caused her to double over, momentarily taking her consciousness with it. She collapsed in a ball on the floor.

END COMBAT
VICTORY FANFARE ACAPELLA!

Click here for ending theme

With the bandits all slain save for one, the party eventually turns over their captive to the local guard. She'll spend a lifetime of service within a prison cell.

After returning to the Grand Lodge, Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin thanks the PCs for carrying out his tasks, and assures you that not every mission for the Pathfinder Society involves running errands about Absalom. He dismisses the five of you with payment rendered in full for your tasks. The party leaves his office eager for that celebratory drink discussed earlier.

*fade to black*

Alright, so to succeed in this scenario, you, as a group, needed to complete three of the four assigned tasks. The task involving Auntie Gretchen was a little sketchy as some things were missed. However, that was right at the time the previous GM disappeared... Also, hard to think about what was going on for the mindset of the time. Anyway, doesn't really matter. You earned both prestige points. Huzzah!

251 to 272 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (CORE) First Steps Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.