PFS 07-14,16,18 Start Date 11/10 TABLE 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Emmjay

7-14,16,18 Table 1 Maps


1 to 50 of 526 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

Dot and delete, you know the drill. Event begins 11/13

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

PLAYERS

All adventurers have signed in. Please make sure to click on the Table 1 Maps either in my character description or at the top of the page and make sure SLIDES 1 and 2 are filled out correctly, by you, the player. This insures me that:

1. You can aceess the Google Doc Spreadsheet
2. You can manipulate the Google Doc Spreadsheet

Please have this completed by 11/13.

Also, please note under the Campaign Information tab the dates of any holiday breaks, given that this is going to take several months to complete all three scenarios.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

SLIDE 4

The adventure begins at the Grand Lodge in Absalom, where the you all join a gathering of several hundred Pathfinders for an announcement by Ianareth Alazario, Cheliax’s newly appointed liaison to the Pathfinder Society. With her on the stage is Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus, and the former Chelish liaison Zarta Dralneen (now head of the Dark Archive) looks on from the front row of the auditorium.

A tall, heavy-set woman wearing a black-lacquered breastplate and a sweeping ruby cloak rests a hand on the gold pommel of the longsword at her hip as she readies to address the Pathfinders assembled at the Grand Lodge. She nods once to Marcos Farabellus before beginning. “I am Ianareth Alazario, and I come to you with words spoken by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune. Pathfinders, your exile is at an end. Cheliax welcomes you once again.”

Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus vigorously leads a round of applause that echoes off the sturdy walls following the new declaration. Ianareth’s smile is as wide as her host’s, though it falters slightly when her gaze falls on her disgraced predecessor Zarta Dralneen. Ianareth continues, “With your help, I would mend the rifts between us and forge an enduring friendship. I have entrusted your Master of Swords with several promising leads found within our borders. To that I add only this: Pathfinders, the glory of Cheliax is placed in your care.” Ianareth bows deeply to Marcos and then to the crowd before taking her leave.

Marcos Farabellus steps behind the lectern and announces, “I’ve gathered a handful of teams to lead these initial expeditions, and I’ve posted those outside with times to meet me in my office for more details. There’s rewarding work ahead, so don’t be late!” With that, the auditorium begins to empty. Walking briskly with infinite poise and a clenched jaw, Zarta Dralneen is the first to disappear through the doors.

As promised, Marcos Farabellus has posted a list of half-a-dozen teams to lead these first sanctioned expeditions, and one of these teams includes each of your names. Checking the time for your meeting with Marcos Farabellus, you realize that you don't have long until the meeting. But, you realize that this would be the perfect time to get to know each other, as well as make any final purchases for the expedition. With all the shouting of names, you do manage to find everyone in your assigned team.

Note, since everyone is level 2 we will be starting off at the sub-tier 1-2. As we will be playing 3 scenarios, there is a (small) possibility that if most make it to level 3 before the final scenario we will be moving up to sub-tier 4-5 (4 player adjustment) per the guild guide pg 11. Anyway, if you have any quick purchases to make, now would be the time to do so, as well as introduce yourselves.

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

A well-traveled Varisian sweeps off his hat in an elaborate flourish as he greets the group.

"Bonjour, Mesdames et Messieurs! How fortunate that there is another mission waiting for us.

I just finished escorting a maiden rescued from vile Galtan mercenaries here to Absalom. I am quite certain that the mercenaries are very thankful for the rescue.

The woman could talk the ear off of a gnome that just finished a pot of the darkest coffee.

Would have been much better on my nerves to have left her with her father, but the man's business was based off of selling the most vile wine. Honestly, I don't know how he manages to make any money."

Jacques stops for a second and looks over the group, trying to get a sense of who he will be traveling with.

"Ah, all new faces. Tres bien! Jacques is my name, the finest shot in all of Varisia. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Some more than others, I imagine."

He gives Nali a wink, then settles back to hear more about his companions.

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 04 HP 34/34 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +7 - F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +10 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 7/7 day

A beautiful blonde woman nods at Jaques and the others:"I am Zhatara, pleased to make your acquaintance I'm sure you are all well versed in the art of subterfuge. I sense treachery in our future and Cheliax in steeped in intrigue..." she mentions, sounding distant and cold.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

"Pff! Some meeting that was. Call in a hall of people, pat themselves on the back twice with an applause, and say a handful of sentences. If I'd be forced to wake up early for this, I would be pissed.", a half-orc approaches the group, muttering under his breath. Scars and tattoos are prominent on his face and head, but he manages to hide at least some of them with a hood and a tall fur collar. Parts of the collar are burnt away. Clearly, the fox had seen better days.

"Name's Malik. Of the Rimeclan tribe. Or what's left of them anyway. A pleasure..."

He offers awkward waves and handshakes to anyone willing to accept, but is otherwise a quiet fellow.

"How's Cheliax this time-o-year? Do we need a sleigh?"

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-Elf (Wildborn) Inquisitor 4 | HP: 28/28| AC: 18( 14Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Divine Favor(+2 Att/DMG)

A very tanned half-elf scans the rest of the group with a slightly unnerving gaze, almost like a jungle cat. She has tattoos on her forehead and around her eyes that further this comparision, with her shoulder-length black hair hiding exactly how far back they go. In sharp contrast, the intentionally dulled chain shirt still seems much too well-crafted to be anything but a recent purchase, though the bow, quiver, and backpack are older, but much-loved.

She takes a moment to take in the discussion, mouthing a couple words as if she's trying to mentally place the concept in her head before responding. "Oh, I am Nali, from Mwangi," she says in a clipped way, suggesting that Taldane isn't her first or even second language. "Well met, and may road be safe."

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

A smiling dwarf in ale-stained clothes quaffs a beer, then produces another and quaffs that.

Har! Smiley Stonegirdle, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, at your service!

He bows low in a grandiose gesture.

And with that luck on our side, we can't fail!

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2
Zhatara Smirsset wrote:
"I sense treachery in our future and Cheliax in steeped in intrigue..." she mentions, sounding distant and cold.

"Yes, Cheliax. Quite interesting that they have decided to open the borders to Pathfinders again.

Ah, where is the fun in missions into lands where you are accepted, I wonder? A midnight run upriver with muffled oars is more to my liking.

Subterfuge, sure, that sounds like fun, but Intrigue sounds too much like politics. I've just about had my fill of that type of danger, I think.

Well, we'll see what we see, I imagine.

Zhatara, you seem to know a thing or three about Cheliax. Are you from there?"

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 22/23 | AC: 21 17 (13 Tch, 18 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +1, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: shield, long arm

An unkempt elf nods at Malik's comments about the meeting. "Indeed. And did they need to hold this presentation so early in the morning?" He groans lightly as he presses on the back of his head with the ball of his palm. "Could've used a bit more forewarning; if the courier hadn't been..." he looks around more at who he's talking to, then adjusts, perhaps having avoided revealing too much. "Well, if it hadn't been apparent it was important, I would have gladly skipped it. Now I wish I had, this information could have been delivered in a letter."

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Letters? Har, the only letters I like are on a cask. And they say "B", "E", "R", "E"!

Smiley burps enthusiastically.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

"I agree. A letter would be much more convenient. It's not like I have nothing to do all day but to wait for some Chelish broad to tell me I am again allowed to travel to her country. I didn't even know about such a curb."

He looks around, gives Smiley a grin, and follows it up with "What about Ale? Where are we meeting Farabellus? Maybe we can sneak one in between..."

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Ole Smiley will take ye up on that offer, good sir! But first, I think we'd best be goin'. Not good to keep a Master of Swords waitin'.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

SLIDE 5

As you enter, Zarta Dralneen stands across the Master of Swords’ desk, her back turned to you. She momentarily acknowledges the newcomers before continuing to lecture Farabellus. “Beware the good intentions of a Chelish diplomat. Who controls whom behind closed doors in Cheliax, and who are we serving by heeding the call of Abrogail’s infernal masters?”

Marcos strokes his beard for a moment, buying time to phrase his reply. “Caution is warranted, but you shouldn’t let past follies color your opinion of this opportunity, Zarta. This is our chance to freely operate within Cheliax again. The doors of Delvehaven may still be closed, but we can start to mend soured relations.” Marcos turns to the recently arrived agents. “I expect everyone who takes an assignment to conduct themselves as diplomats as well as explorers. We don’t need a public debacle to ruin our welcome, again.”

Zarta straightens her back and glares imperiously down at her counterpart. “Folly? One day you will look between the sheets and see you’ve climbed into bed with a snake, Marcos. I sincerely hope none of your agents find themselves in desperate need of a retrieval team; I remind you that devils work quickly to strip hope from one’s senses.” She turns and strides out of the room.

The Master of Swords massages his forehead with one hand and motions to chairs with the other. “Lady Dralneen assumes that we take Cheliax entirely at its word. Ianareth Alazario provided me an incomplete history of a small keep in the Eismonts called Emberhold, once property of House Davian. The reason we don’t hear much of the Davians anymore is that they led the resistance against House Thrune during the Chelish civil war, and her infernal majestrix is not known for showing mercy. I’m sending you to explore the site, learn what you can about what happened there, and bring back any information about the Davians.

He leans forward and lowers his voice before adding, “You’ll be traveling through Corentyn, and I’d like you to pay a visit to the Museum of History there first. The curator, Zefiro Balinger, is an acquaintance of the Society and may have details not available in the official records. Get Balinger’s help, then visit Emberhold.” Marcos presents a small folded map. “You’ll leave Absalom aboard the Sea Sylph in two days—Society’s picking up the tab. It’s been years since we’ve had first-hand reports coming out of Cheliax, so be ready for anything.”

Diplomacy OR Know(Local) DC 10:

Until approximately three years ago, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen served as the Chelish liaison to the Pathfinder Society—the role that Ianareth Alazario now fills.

Diplomacy OR Know(Local) DC 15:

Zarta’s tenure ended abruptlyb after she disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Society agents tracked her down and rescued her, after which she severed her ties to Cheliax and founded the Dark Archive.

Delvehaven, a prestigious Pathfinder Lodge in Westcrown, has been sealed since 4676 AR, when a terrible tragedy in its halls threatened the stability of the city.

Diplomacy OR Know(Local) DC 20:

Certain Chelish officials “disappeared” Zarta based on fictitious evidence submitted by one of Zarta’s political rivals. Despite the Pathfinder Society’s providing evidence to disprove these false accusations and exonerate her, Cheliax has provided neither any acknowledgement of or apology for imprisoning and punishing her for crimes she did not commit.

Diplomacy OR Know(Local) DC 25:

Only Thrune-sanctioned Pathfinders were allowed to operate in the region prior to Delvehaven’s closure. Reports from Delvehaven were heavily redacted, contained little information of value, and worse, artifacts began to disappear. Tensions between Cheliax and legitimate Pathfinders were ruinous for years even before Thrune closed Delvehaven; even with Zarta’s influence, the Society managed only a handful of expeditions in Cheliax over the past decade.

Know(History or Nobility) DC 20:

House Davian, led by Duchess Lannavia Davian, challenged Thrune for control of Cheliax at the Battle of a Hundred Kings, a struggle that devastated Corentyn near the end of the civil war. The house’s holdings included much of the nation’s west coast.

Know(History or Nobility) DC 25:

Thrune retaliated by utterly crushing the Davians. Numerous revisions of Cheliax’s official history have downplayed the Davians’ role during the civil war, such that many don’t even remember the Davian name, much less that the great house almost defeated Thrune.

Know(Geography or Local) DC 11:

Cheliax’s state religion reveres Asmodeus. Though other faiths are not forbidden, none may flout the nation’s laws, challenge the mandates of Asmodeus, or defy House Thrune. Those who revere chaotic deities in particular often find themselves under especially close scrutiny.

Know(Geography or Local) DC 16:

It’s an open secret that several clandestine and very illegal organizations operate throughout Cheliax. This includes the Bellflower Network, a halflingrun group that liberates the halfling slaves so common in the country. Even discussing the organization openly might be considered a criminal act, if done so under the wrong circumstances.

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 22/23 | AC: 21 17 (13 Tch, 18 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +1, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: shield, long arm

Knowledge (local), free inspiration: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 10 + (3) = 23
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Knowledge (local), free inspiration: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + (2) = 13

"As you say. This should prove a very interesting mission, indeed." An astute observer may note that Kolris had been nodding his head--lightly, perhaps subconsciously--at various points during Zarta's conversation with the Master of Swords. He clearly recognized something of what was said, and perhaps some undercurrents that weren't said, but he doesn't appear to be speaking of them here.

To the other Pathfinders, he offers some advice. "I suppose this may be nothing new to most, but Cheliax is a peculiar place. They take their laws very seriously; they literally worship devils, and like things orderly. Don't step out of line--at least not in a way that can be discovered. Do any here worship deities of chaos? If so, it might behoove us to keep that private while we travel. It won't serve us to be under their increased scrutiny if we let that be known."

And though I'm no devil worshiper, it might be nice to not have some drunk Caidenite slopping around a tankard of ale everywhere we go, for a change.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

I have none of those knowledges ranked. I'll leave it in your capable hands, folks.

Malik raises an eyebrow. "That's it? Blueblood annals? Surely there's more in Cheliax the Society is interested in. Anything in particular to keep an eye out for?"

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Knowledge Local DC10,15,20,25: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Smiley's face grows sober and he recounts something he memorized in his schoolboy days.

Until approximately three years ago, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen served as the Chelish liaison to the Pathfinder Society—the role that Ianareth Alazario now fills.

His task complete in recounting the factoid, Smiley's mouth broadens into a toothy grin again.

Har! And that's all I know about that!

Knowledge Local DC11, 16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Y'er right about that, Kolris. I'll be keepin' my faith to Trudd t' myself.

He vigorously slaps the elven investigator on the shoulder, possibly leaving a bruise.

Har!

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 04 HP 34/34 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +7 - F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +10 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 7/7 day

Knowledge (local) check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

"Agreed about Zarta and we need to keep in mind in the past only Thrune friendly Pathfinders were allowed in Delvehaven. And even so things went from bad from worse for us. It's also worth noting there's plenty of "illegal organizations" operating in and out of Cheliax, the Bellflower Network chief among them, although it's better not to mention them unless one's extremely confident about the loyalty of those listening"

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-Elf (Wildborn) Inquisitor 4 | HP: 28/28| AC: 18( 14Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Divine Favor(+2 Att/DMG)

none of my knowledges, so foregoing as well.

Nali nods, as she takes everything in. "So, play safe, get Balinger's help, and explore ruin, yes?"

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

Jacques leans against the wall while the argument is going on, doing his best to seem as if he is not paying attention.

As Zarta turns to leave, he opens the door for her, bows with a flourish of his hat, and gives her his most winning smile.

Closing the door behind her, he opines wistfully,
"Ah! Now there is a woman worth coming home for."

Distracted, he nearly misses the swordmaster's statements.

Fortunately, the rest of the party keeps up well, and bring quite a bit of knowledge to the table.

"Don't worry about me, Kolris. By Abadar's decree, I follow the rules of the river trade. Doesn't sound like there should be much conflict between those and the laws of Cheliax in this mission.

So, in two days, we leave on a field trip to a museum? I'll be sure to bring my permission slip.

Anyone need any last minute supplies?"

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

After introductions and questions, you and your group head out to the city awaiting transport about the Sea Slyph. Arriving at the docks on the morning of the second day an aid to Marcos Farabellus is waiting there for you with a note. Player Handout #1, Slide 6

Upon arriving at the Sea Slyph Cassian Redwold is already there tending to the gear supplied by the Society, loading and readying it for the journey in the hold. When asked about the contents, they are mostly mundane archeological equipment and straw packed crates to store items in the return trip.

The journey from Absalom to Corentyn is uneventful, with favorable winds and only one stop at the port of Merab. Captain Zaerim of the Sea Sylph states that the short waylay is an excuse to hug the southern shores of the Inner Sea and avoid Chelish naval patrols. Your group catches your first glimpse of the red Chelish flag days later, and you arrive in Corentyn at dusk a few days after that.

Corentyn Docks - SLIDE 7

The last fiery golden rays of daylight silhouette the towering monument known as Aroden’s Arch, which reaches out from Corentyn’s southern wall to divide the Arcadian Ocean and the Inner Sea. Corentyn’s numerous fortifications rise behind mighty gray and brown limestone walls. Masts of ships both in port and at sea rise in the hundreds, like a legion pointing their spears toward the heavens.

As the Sea Sylph approaches port, Captain Zaerim orders his crew to ensure goods are neatly arranged and presentable. He’s collecting papers and seeing to the accuracy of his logs when he tells your party that you should do the same. He expects the harbormaster’s deputies to search the ship and ask questions of the crew. He also warns that Corentyn impounds undeclared goods and that contraband worth more than a gold piece can earn the offending captain 20 lashes.

The harbormaster and his deputies keep an attentive eye on their port and meet any incoming ships before those aboard have a chance to disembark. When the you all arrive, a small riot is threatening to spill over from the nearby Open Slave Market. City guards bide their time, waiting for reinforcements from the Hellknights. A few of the armor-clad enforcers are looking not at the crowd, but to the harbor waters.

The halfling customs agent Tamrin Credence and his four human deputies climb aboard the Sea Sylph within moments of docking.They immediately take the Sea Sylph’s manifest and begin a thorough search, making notations in their ledgers as they go.

Sense Motive DC 18:

You can tell that the search is somewhat frantic and that the Deputies are barely looking at actual crate contents.

Tamrin questions Captain Zaerim, who refers to your group only as “passengers from Absalom.” Tamrin then questions the you about their business in Corentyn..... "What are you doing here? Who are you? What is your business here?

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Sense Motive DC18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Smiley knows he's not a good liar -- he doesn't need to most of the time -- so he keeps quiet and unobtrusive as long as possible.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

Rolls:
SM: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Malik doesn't possess the gift of words: "We're travelers from Absalom, visiting your Museum of History here. We were interested in a consultation on the history of the House of Thrune."

He leans over to the halfling - "And I must admit - I have ulterior motives here, myself. Specifically, I am interested in your unique local flora. My employer - an alchemist in Absalom by the name of Frunan Arphax - asked that I look for any interesting plants that could be used in his concoctions. You wouldn't know of any herbs unique to the local area, would you?"

To help his case, he opens a pouch and presents several smaller packages within. Crushed herbs in vials and smaller leather packages, neatly catalogued and stored within.

"I should warn you. Some smell pretty bad. Be careful."

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

Jacques is surprised. He had thought that open borders would mean they wouldn't need to disguise their intent.

Not one to pass on a good opportunity to make a convincing story, he chimes in.

"That's right, amongst our varied interests, we've all decided that our lack of historical knowledge was a hindrence to our careers and decided to take classes from a professor in Absalom.

He sent us to do some research here at you excellent Museum of History. Frankly, I think he wanted to come himself, but has an unseemly fear if boats. Not great if you live in Absalom, eh?

Plus, I am pretty sure the elven lass thinks she is descended from the House of Thrune and wants to research her lineage."

Jacques rolls his eyes dramatically to show what he thinks of this revelation.

"Now, is there some form of entrance fee for passengers?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

"No, there is no entrance fee." Hearing House Thrune thrown about by several members of the group has done little to change his continence. "Whatever you reason may be," and he doesn't look convinced that you are telling the truth at all, "I still need to inspect your goods, please give me a list of your personal declared items."

At this point, I will require everyone to state their declared items. There are still rules and laws of the land that must be observed. HOWEVER before items are declared, please have someone roll for the spoiler, it will help the group greatly especially if you decided to hide anything...

Knowledge(Local) OR Profession (Barrister) dc12:

Contraband that is being searched for:
∙ Holy symbols and holy texts dedicated to chaotic gods— visitors are free to worship whomever so long as this doesn’t challenge Thrune’s or Asmodeus’s authority, but a recent court decision has identified such holy symbols as a medium for proselytization.
∙ Scrolls and potions of spells with the chaotic descriptor
∙ Poisons whose combined cost exceeds 150 gp
∙ Drugs whose combined cost exceeds 50 gp
∙ Large weapons—an uncharacteristic string of attacks has resulted in a crackdown on citizen weaponry that most assume will end in the next month or two. Until this resolution ends, only light weapons are permitted in the city limits. You can declare and leave larger weapons on the ship at no cost and retrieve them when they depart for Emberhold.
NOTE: For the purposes of this check and interaction, I am going to assume that any two handed weapon counts as 'large'.

All I really need is to know if you are trying to sneak a contraband item into the town. If you are, when you declare your items, give me a bluff check as well.

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Smiley knows a guy who dated a girl whose cousin lives in Corentyn. He relates the local rules to the party. Go ahead and read the spoiler.

If a battleaxe and/or light crossbow is considered large, Smiley will declare and stow it/them. Other than that, he has nothing to declare except that gnomish beer is too fruity and orcish ale barely counts as a liquid, much less a refreshing beverage.

Har!

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

If I have to leave my bow behind, I will. Hopefully we don't get into a fight at the museum :D

I don't have any other restricted items

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Smiley Stonegirdle wrote:


If a battleaxe and/or light crossbow is considered large, Smiley will declare and stow it/them. Other than that, he has nothing to declare except that gnomish beer is too fruity and orcish ale barely counts as a liquid, much less a refreshing beverage.

Battleaxe 1-yes. 2-no: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Since the light crossbow specifically says its a "light" weapon, its ok. Battleaxes can be both 1 and 2 handed, so went random chance for it, its ok.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

As Tamrin goes about his business, he adds one final bit of news about what can or cannot be done in the city. "Casting arcane spells more powerful than cantrips within 5 miles of the Esoterium carries the penalty of having the offender's spellbook burned or their hands broken, unless they are registered members. A temporary license at the school costs 50gp. Divine spellcasters are required to register with the Harbormaster's office, which I can do for you"

Also, when Tamrin is talking to Captain Zaerim you overhear that, because of the commotion in the nearby slave markets, supplies may not be unloaded until tomorrow.

And he waits for everyone to declare their items.

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 22/23 | AC: 21 17 (13 Tch, 18 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +1, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: shield, long arm

Sense Motive DC 18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Kolris listens and nods as the inspector goes about his business. He'd reviewed the list of contraband with Smiley in advance, and knew that he was carrying nothing of interest. He provides a complete and accurate list of what he will be carrying into Corentyn, leaving nothing behind. Being asked no other questions specifically, he stays silent.

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 04 HP 34/34 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +7 - F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +10 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 7/7 day

Sense Motice check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Knowledge (local) check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"I commend you for your adherence to the law. You won't find anything counting as contraband on me. Besides I'm no divine or arcane spellcaster anyway" Zhatara comments with smug certainty.

"Now if this search is over we'd much like to find a place to rest and freshen up abit. Thank you for your time, officers, it was much apprecuated..." she concludes and motions for the other to leave the area.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

Player Declared?:

Jacques - Yes
Kolris - Yes
Malik
Nali
Smiley - Yes
Zhatara - Yes

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

"What's all the commotion in the slave markets about, then?

Not rioting, I hope."

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-Elf (Wildborn) Inquisitor 4 | HP: 28/28| AC: 18( 14Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Divine Favor(+2 Att/DMG)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Nali tilts her head at the actions of the deputies, as she listens to the custom agent. With a frown, she stows her bow, arrows and spear on the boat. After doing that, she pulls off her bag and offers it to the customs agent with a terse, "Dislike, but will do as asked. No things of your dislike. Magic from spirits from home...I think I talk to you?"
While I'm an inquisitor, I'm the oracle-equivalent of one, so no direct holy symbols.

Afterwards, she saddles up to Kolris, she quietly asks in a much more fluent Elven, "Ai dim ond fi, neu a yw'r gwarchodwyr yn gwneud chwiliad braidd yn hapus?"

Elven:
"Is it just me, or are the guards doing a rather haphazard search?"

After we're through customs is it possible for me to sneak back onto the boat and get my weapons?

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Jacques N'Fey wrote:

"What's all the commotion in the slave markets about, then?

Not rioting, I hope."

"A valuable Ulfen slave broke out of his stocks and fled into the sea. Of course, the other slaves are cheering him on, and causing as much trouble as they can as well. Do not worry, though," Tamrin points to all the Hellknights patrolling the docks, "They will keep you safe and lookout for the escapee."

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives
Nali Faina wrote:


After we're through customs is it possible for me to sneak back onto the boat and get my weapons?

A bunch of high level Hellknights are searching the docks and the area around the docks for an escaped slave. Theoretically possible? Yes. Realistically possible? no. And, you wouldn't want to be caught with an unauthorized weapon, you heard what they do with unauthorized magic.....

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

"Hmph. Noted.", Malik states with cold demeanor. He presents his belongings, stripping of his pouches and bandolier. He puts them on the ground next to his open backpack. He points out a (CLW) potion in the pile. "That's a healing vial for emergencies. You never know."

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

The Museum of History stands almost a story taller than most other buildings in Corentyn’s High Quarter on the north side of the city. Once a courthouse, the building now houses relics from Corentyn’s past, not all of which are sanctioned by the Thrune regime.

Broad marble steps, barely dulled with age and showing only the tiniest of cracks lead to the solid, reinforced double doors of Corentyn’s Museum of History. The building stands in stark contrast to the surrounding structures, most of which are small, cramped, and crumbling. Two city guards stand at the intersection nearby, watching the tradesfolk, fishermen, vintners, and others who make High Quarter their home.

The Museum of History’s maple plank flooring is heavily scarred with the passage of many years and countless visitors, yet it shines from recent and repeated coats of polish. A faint aroma of linseed oil hangs in the air, mingling with the familiar scent of musty, leatherbound tomes.

Slide 8

When asking others in the museum, you are directed to an an adjacent wing and there is Zefiro Balinger, a human male dressed in the garb of a museum expert. Greeting you warmly, he states "Hello! I am Zefiro, who are you and how can I assist you today?"

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

How d'ya do? Smiley Stonegirdle, at yer service.

Smiley shakes Zefiro's hand warmly and introduces his companions.

Ye wouldn't happen to know anything about the Emberhold, would ye?

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 04 HP 34/34 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +7 - F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +10 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 7/7 day

Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Bluff check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Zhatara studies the guards and the museum entrance trying not to make herself be seen doing so.

As Zefiro welcomes them, Zhatara nods at him:"Well met mr Balinger, we were told you are the man to speak to on matters of historical significance. As for the specific reason we are here, as my colleague so eloquenltly put, we were wondering if you could provide us with any insight on a small keep in the Eismonts called Emberhold..."

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

Jacques has never been in a museum before and is openly gawking at the artwork and displays.

Several times, other party members have needed to chide him to keep up.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-Elf (Wildborn) Inquisitor 4 | HP: 28/28| AC: 18( 14Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 19 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Divine Favor(+2 Att/DMG)

So glad you're here, Zhatara. I'm so not the diplomatic type.

Being from deep in the Expanse, cities in general were once a harrowing experience in the wildborn half-elf. Thankfully, several months in Absolom was a wonderful way for her to get over being skittish in such situations.

Still, Something about here, and the High Quarter in particular, doesn't seat well with Nali. "Feels... decayed. No, diminished." she mutters as the group pass through the streets of Corentyn. And the museum only accents that feeling as odors of old books and floor polish all but smacks her in the face. So, like Jacques, Nali needs a little prodding to keep with the group initially. That changes when Balinger is introduced though, and Nali stays toward the rear of the group, looking over the historian.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

"I feel like the fact that we were sent by the Grand Lodge in Absalom should be made clear. The Pathfinder one. We're expected, I think.", Malik adds briefly, offering a handshake to the man.

Grand Lodge

03-01 Frostfur Captives

"You are the Pathfinders that were sent? No, No, No, this cannot be." While Zefiro does begin to talk about the historical details of the site you are to explore, you readily notice that he keeps going to the window to look outside. You can tell that he is a man of some knowledge, but that he is clearly distracted by something, and it really became apparent when you mentioned you were Pathfinders.

Sense Motive dc18:

You notice that the guards standing outside the museum have vacated their corner.

He never really gets a complete sentence in (and even if he does, it doesn't make much sense) as he starts to become more and more panicked, so much that his attitude towards the group degrades quickly and dangerously.

Attempting to calm Zefiro down? Please roll a Diplomacy check.

The Exchange

Male Human Fighter(Archer) 3 | HP 26/26 (stable) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB +5; CMD 19 | F +6 R +6 W +2 | Init +4 Perc +2

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 5

"Be easy, Monsieur. We mean you no harm, and can protect you should there be some trouble coming.

I do not believe that we were followed. Even if we were, there should be no cause for alarm."

Attempting to aid someone with better stats
Diplomacy AA: 1d20 ⇒ 3

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Sense Motive DC18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Oooh, yeah!

Smiley glances out the window.

Hey, uh, Zefiro? Looks like your guards outside have gone for a break. Ain't they s'posed to stay on duty?

Look, it's okay. We're trained Pathfinders. Tell Ole Smiley what's goin' on.

Diplomacy, Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Dicebot is right on target this morning for me. Good dicebot!

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Medicine Man 5.1 | Init +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +7 | Wounds L 26; N 10 / 46 | AC 22; T 14; FF 18 | CMB +3 | CMD +17 | Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +4 | Speed: 30 ft | Burn 2/7

Crunch:
SM: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Shortly after Zefiro begins speaking, Malik is disappointed with the presentation. He lets him talk for a moment, and speaks up when Jacques interrupts.

"Old man, I've been to a few presentations on herbalism, and I am not sure whether the delivery style is different with historians, but - You seem distracted. Should we come later?"

Dark Archive

Male LN Elven Investigator/Swashbuckler 3 | HP: 22/23 | AC: 21 17 (13 Tch, 18 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 (14 Fl) | F: +1, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10 (+1 traps), SM +10 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: shield, long arm

Kolris follows Smiley's gaze out the window, but is more concerned with Zefiro than to put things together the same was the dwarf can. Guards surely have rotations; I'm sure it's perfectly normal. He returns his attention to their host, and tries to calm the man down.

"Listen, man. This isn't such a big deal. I know it's only recently that our organization has been allowed back into Cheliax formally, but that's why we've been chosen. Everything is okay here! Now why don't you tell us what's bothering you?"

Diplomacy, student of philosopy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found our Face.

Dark Archive

Female Human Mesmerist 04 HP 34/34 - AC: 17 T: 13 /FF: 15 - Perception +7 - F: +3 / R: +7 /W: +10 - CMB +1 - CMD +13 - Speed 30 - Init. +6 - Mesmerist Tricks 7/7 day

Aid another (diplomacy) check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

"My colleague here is correct. We'll aid you avoid unwanted attention. You know we are Pathfinders..." Zhatara stares at Malik for a second saying this "...so you know we are resourceful. Tell us what the problem is and we'll help you solving it"

1 to 50 of 526 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dot in All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.