PFS 03-13 - The Quest for Perfection III (Defenders of Nesting Swallow, Tier 1-5) (Inactive)

Game Master Baerlie

Map


551 to 595 of 595 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Tengu Ranger 2 | hp 20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +7 W +2 | Spd. 30' | Init +4 | KnNat +6, KnRel +7 (+9 to discern abilities, weaknesses), Perc +9 (low-light), SensM +2 | Fav Enemy Undead +2

Holds position....

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Cleric 5 HP 39/39 | F: 9 R: 7 W: 11| AC: 22 T: 13 FF: 20 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | PER: +12 SM: +10 Init: +2

Cormac charges and slams himself into the owlbear

Slam Charge, Will Save Required on hit DC 13 or be shaken: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

While Bernard continues to jog.

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Cormac charges the owlbear, slammming himself into the creature. The wounds are not that much, but it's enough to finally defeat the beast.

combat over

In the aftermath of the onslaught, the village square stands nearly deserted, most of the villagers’ resolve having broken sometime during the siege. Many have retreated to their homes, though from the peripheries of the village still come the sounds of battle, villagers here and there fighting off the few scattered bandits that made it through the barricades. The air is hazy with smoke and it is hard to tell where to go to next in order to aid the farmers. A bloodthirtsy screech coming from the north is enough to signify the most dangerous threat yet, however.

Kwankhonu leads a group of bandits attempting to get through a destroyed barricade. Kwankhonu does not ride a horse, but rather a trained, armored axe beak he has named Jikon. Perched on her back, clad in steel, his feathers dyed crimson where they show through his armor, he strikes an imposing figure. As soon as he sees you, he recognizes the source of Nesting Swallow’s defiance, and snarls as he surges toward you without a word.

GM Screen:

Ini Kraww: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Ini Bernard: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Ini Cormac: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Ini Ishingka: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Ini Serpentfang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Ini Tûrak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Ini Kwankhonu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 1
Ishingka
Tûrak
Kraww
Serpentfang
Cormac
Bernard

-----
Kwankhonu

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Cleric 5 HP 39/39 | F: 9 R: 7 W: 11| AC: 22 T: 13 FF: 20 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | PER: +12 SM: +10 Init: +2

Bernard and Cormac move forward

Grand Lodge

Stuff:
Wand of CLW: 46 charges; Healer's kit: 20 usages; Arrows: 37; Arrows (blunt): 20; Arrows (cold iron): 30; Arrows (raining): 4; Arrows ('silver'): 10
Half-orc LN Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 - Init +3, Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Perception +8, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 14; temp hp: 5/9; hp 33/33, F+8, R+10, W+4, Speed 30 ft., Explorer 1/1; Bombs 12/12

Tûrak drinks an extract of targeted bomb admixture, and catches some cover from the house next to him.

Silver Crusade

Male Tengu Ranger 2 | hp 20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +7 W +2 | Spd. 30' | Init +4 | KnNat +6, KnRel +7 (+9 to discern abilities, weaknesses), Perc +9 (low-light), SensM +2 | Fav Enemy Undead +2

♥ ♥ "WARK?" ♥ ♥

composite longbow v Kwankhonu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Abyssal Bloodrager (Rageshaper)/6
stats:
HP 64/64 AC 15/12 T/13 FF CMB +7 CMD 21/19 | F +9 R +6 W +5 | Init +2 Perc +9 40' move 60' Darkvision

Mighty Ishingka moves up to form a wall with Bernard and Cormac.

"Fright and fight, Bernard?" she rumbles.

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Cleric 5 HP 39/39 | F: 9 R: 7 W: 11| AC: 22 T: 13 FF: 20 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | PER: +12 SM: +10 Init: +2

You know it sister

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Mr Fang double moves behind Bernard and cormac.

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Bernard and Cormac move forward while Serpentfang and Ishingka follow. Tûrak drinks an extract and moves behind cover. Kraaw shoots an arrow at the appraoching tengu leader, but the arrow goes wide and hits a building.

The tengu leader charges Ishingka ride by attack, passes Tûrak and Kraww and stops in front of Serpentfang.
Aoo for Tûrak if he has his weapon out.
Attack + Cavalier's charge: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 4 = 29 mwk katana
Crit?: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 4 = 29 damn, I'm glad Ishingka is already level 2 :/
Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 3) + 8 = 19

Round 2
Ishingka
Tûrak
Kraww
Serpentfang
Cormac
Bernard

-----
Kwankhonu

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

GM I believe how weapon size category works now has been faq'd so I believe the enlarged katana would be 2d6. Unless he went up 2 sizes, in which case yikes!

Grand Lodge

Stuff:
Wand of CLW: 46 charges; Healer's kit: 20 usages; Arrows: 37; Arrows (blunt): 20; Arrows (cold iron): 30; Arrows (raining): 4; Arrows ('silver'): 10
Half-orc LN Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 - Init +3, Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Perception +8, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 14; temp hp: 5/9; hp 33/33, F+8, R+10, W+4, Speed 30 ft., Explorer 1/1; Bombs 12/12

Tûrak always have a weapon up! This is why I love cestus. :P

When the tengu rider passes close to Tûrak, he tries to smash the vulture with his cestus.

AoO w/ cold iron cestus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Then, he takes an strategic movement (5-foot step) and throws a bomb against the tengu.

Rgd touch atk (NO splash dmg): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 6) + 9 = 19

The half-orc pulls off another bomb from his bandolier, "c'mon...", he taunts quietly.

Grand Lodge

Stuff:
Wand of CLW: 46 charges; Healer's kit: 20 usages; Arrows: 37; Arrows (blunt): 20; Arrows (cold iron): 30; Arrows (raining): 4; Arrows ('silver'): 10
Half-orc LN Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 - Init +3, Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Perception +8, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 14; temp hp: 5/9; hp 33/33, F+8, R+10, W+4, Speed 30 ft., Explorer 1/1; Bombs 12/12
Serpentfang wrote:
GM I believe how weapon size category works now has been faq'd so I believe the enlarged katana would be 2d6. Unless he went up 2 sizes, in which case yikes!

I think that the 2d8 was the critical damage...

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

actually the tengu did not grew in size, but he is mounted and the mount is size large so I made the token 2x2 squares, the damage of his weapon is 1d8+4 so double for crit is 2d8+8

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Oh ok just brought it up cuz a similar instance happened over the weekend. Thanks!

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)
Serpentfang wrote:
Mr Fang double moves behind Bernard and cormac.

I mentioned I was, moving behind Cormac, but since I'm using my phone I'm unable to move my character, so GM would you have moved to a different spot if Serp wasn't standing where he is? Depending on the events that follow will determine what I do. In general I would move away from close quarters and fire my ray.

Ray vs Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 or Serp will draw his spear and total defense.

Silver Crusade

Male Tengu Ranger 2 | hp 20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +7 W +2 | Spd. 30' | Init +4 | KnNat +6, KnRel +7 (+9 to discern abilities, weaknesses), Perc +9 (low-light), SensM +2 | Fav Enemy Undead +2

Hey! I've got a weapon out too! Way out.

Peck! (AoO v the bandit chieftain): 1d20 ⇒ 9 1d3 ⇒ 1

Kraww drops his bow and draws nearer--and a wakizashi.

wakizashi v the bandit chieftain: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

And (wait for it)....

Peck! Peck! v the bandit chieftain: 1d20 ⇒ 11 1d3 ⇒ 2

Look at that plumage and the way the light makes it look so smooth and oily. Kraww thinks admiring the axebeak.

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

ups, yes, the beak XD. Sorry!

and since the cavalier is charging he has to stop where his line is blocked; I can retcon his movement when I'm at a PC, posting from mobile at the moment...

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Abyssal Bloodrager (Rageshaper)/6
stats:
HP 64/64 AC 15/12 T/13 FF CMB +7 CMD 21/19 | F +9 R +6 W +5 | Init +2 Perc +9 40' move 60' Darkvision

Ishingka, her side ripped open and dripping blood, beats a hasty retreat, hiding her bulk behind a hut, and pulls out a healing potion. "Another hit like that and I'm gone!" she growls, gasping at the pain.

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Serpentfang moved close to Bernard and Cormac, the tengu boss would have moved further a few feet, not too far. This does not change what happened so far I think. Aoos are still valid. I put the tokens where I think it's correct. If it's not, please move Serp's token to the spot you intended to be. Thanks.

Kraww and Tûrak take their chances to hit the passing tengu. These attacks miss. Ishingka moves out of the way and pulls out a healing potion while Tûrak hurls a bomb at the tengu rider. The bomb hits the bird right in the face and melts some feathers. Kraww changes the weapon and attacks the tengu bird with his wakizashi and his beak. Both attacks miss the rider. Serpentfang shoots a ray at the bird, but misses.

Round 2
Ishingka
Tûrak
Kraww
Serpentfang
Cormac
Bernard

-----
Kwankhonu -19HP

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Cleric 5 HP 39/39 | F: 9 R: 7 W: 11| AC: 22 T: 13 FF: 20 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | PER: +12 SM: +10 Init: +2

Cormac and Bernard both charge the giant bird, Cormac wailing all the way

Heavy Flail (non-lethal), charge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Intimidate check to shaken (on hit): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Slam, charge, flank, DC 13 Will Save on hit to not get Shaken (or worse): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Bernard and Cormac charge the bird and the slam hits.
When you say the giant bird you mean the rider and not the mout, right?
Will DC13: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The rider turns around and tries to hit 1d3 ⇒ 1 Bernard with his katana, but misses.
Katana vs. Bernard: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 2 = 11

Round 3
Ishingka
Tûrak
Kraww
Serpentfang
Cormac
Bernard

-----
Kwankhonu -22HP shaken

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

Serp continues shooting rays at the rider.
ray vs touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

Stuff:
Wand of CLW: 46 charges; Healer's kit: 20 usages; Arrows: 37; Arrows (blunt): 20; Arrows (cold iron): 30; Arrows (raining): 4; Arrows ('silver'): 10
Half-orc LN Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 - Init +3, Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Perception +8, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 14; temp hp: 5/9; hp 33/33, F+8, R+10, W+4, Speed 30 ft., Explorer 1/1; Bombs 12/12

Tûrak throws another bomb against the tengu.

Rgd touch atk (NO splash dmg): 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 4 = 82d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Abyssal Bloodrager (Rageshaper)/6
stats:
HP 64/64 AC 15/12 T/13 FF CMB +7 CMD 21/19 | F +9 R +6 W +5 | Init +2 Perc +9 40' move 60' Darkvision

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Ishingka quaffs her potion and feels much better. 16/26 HP.

She moves within striking range of the axebeak, brandishing her lucerne hammer and spitting out blood. "That bird looks like a feast for the village---er, I mean the bird he's riding, Kraww," she snarls, then concludes with an apologetic caveat to their noble tengu.

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Serpentfang continues to shoot rays at the rider while Ishingka heals herself. Tûrak throws a bomb against the tengu, but the bomb goes wide and crackles loudly.

Round 3
Ishingka
Tûrak
Kraww
Serpentfang
Cormac
Bernard

-----
Kwankhonu -30HP shaken

Silver Crusade

Male Tengu Ranger 2 | hp 20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +7 W +2 | Spd. 30' | Init +4 | KnNat +6, KnRel +7 (+9 to discern abilities, weaknesses), Perc +9 (low-light), SensM +2 | Fav Enemy Undead +2
GM Baerlie wrote:

....the bomb goes wide and crackles loudly.

"WARK!!" Kraww eyes the alchemist with cool reptilian fury.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

His blade finds no purchase and he rolls out of the axebeak's and the giant Ishingka's way not wanting to be caught between the two, at the same time cutting off the chieftain's escape route. Or tries too anyway.

acrobatics (move through threatened areas): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Cleric 5 HP 39/39 | F: 9 R: 7 W: 11| AC: 22 T: 13 FF: 20 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | PER: +12 SM: +10 Init: +2

Cormac continues wailing as he slams into his target twice

Slams, Flanking: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bernard stares at the rider and opens up his armor, showing off his horrific scars and shouting loudly at the rider

Intimidate Check to shaken (which would STACK THE FEAR): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Cormac slams into the bandit twice while Bernard just stares at the rider baring his horrific scars and shouting loudly at the tengu. Kraww swings his blade at the rider but misses before the rider dashes away in fear.
50ft movement, withdraw, Aoo for Kraww and Bernard or Cormac (the one with the black border)

Round 3
Ishingka
Tûrak
Kraww
Serpentfang
Cormac
Bernard

-----
Kwankhonu -33HP frightened

Silver Crusade

Male Tengu Ranger 2 | hp 20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +7 W +2 | Spd. 30' | Init +4 | KnNat +6, KnRel +7 (+9 to discern abilities, weaknesses), Perc +9 (low-light), SensM +2 | Fav Enemy Undead +2

wakizashi v the bandit chieftain (AoO): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Kraww moves toward the well and uses it for cover.

Readied action:
wakizashi v the bandit chieftain if he gets close enough: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Stuff:
Wand of CLW: 46 charges; Healer's kit: 20 usages; Arrows: 37; Arrows (blunt): 20; Arrows (cold iron): 30; Arrows (raining): 4; Arrows ('silver'): 10
Half-orc LN Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 - Init +3, Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Perception +8, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 14; temp hp: 5/9; hp 33/33, F+8, R+10, W+4, Speed 30 ft., Explorer 1/1; Bombs 12/12

Tûrak fires two arrows agains the coward tengu:

Longbow #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Longbow #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Cleric 5 HP 39/39 | F: 9 R: 7 W: 11| AC: 22 T: 13 FF: 20 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | PER: +12 SM: +10 Init: +2

Oh I forgot, roll the DC 13 will save on both of those hits, if either procs it extends his shaken status by a round

AoO for Cormac: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Cormac and Bernard both ready attacks for when (if) the enemy charges back at them.

Bernard: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Cormac, DC 13 Will Save on hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Bernard, Intimidate on hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Abyssal Bloodrager (Rageshaper)/6
stats:
HP 64/64 AC 15/12 T/13 FF CMB +7 CMD 21/19 | F +9 R +6 W +5 | Init +2 Perc +9 40' move 60' Darkvision

Ishingka double moves and takes cover, making sure that the tengu can't get a straight charge at her. "Anyone have something to slow them down?" she shouts in a horrifically deepened voice.

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Kraww tries to hit the fleeing tengu with his wakizashi, but the bird is too fast. Cormac uses his chance to slam the fleeing tengu and fainlly the big bird drops from his mount. The mount stops running away and starts to defend his fallen master and starts to attack with its beak.

Kraww, Cormac and Bernard were prepeared for the situation and swing at the approaching bird. Kraww's and Bernard's attacks hits the bird on the head while Cormac's attempt is not successful.
Big Bird vs. Kraww: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 miss

Round 4
Ishingka
Tûrak
Kraww
Serpentfang (+ prev round)
Cormac
Bernard

-----
Jikon -13HP

Grand Lodge

Stuff:
Wand of CLW: 46 charges; Healer's kit: 20 usages; Arrows: 37; Arrows (blunt): 20; Arrows (cold iron): 30; Arrows (raining): 4; Arrows ('silver'): 10
Half-orc LN Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 - Init +3, Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Perception +8, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 14; temp hp: 5/9; hp 33/33, F+8, R+10, W+4, Speed 30 ft., Explorer 1/1; Bombs 12/12

Tûrak runs in the direction of the even bigger bird, meawhile he pulls off a bomb from his bandolier, then throws it against the creature.

Bomb (rgd touch atk): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 242d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9 - splash damage: 7 (if Jikon's master is in range)

"I wanna see feathers flying!" - screamed the half-orc.

Dark Archive

Male Halfling (+2Dex, +2Cha, -2Str) 28/28HP, AC:16 T:15 , FF:13, CMD:11, CMB: -1 , F: +4, R: +6, W: +6, Init +5, Pereption +4, Stealth +8, Diplomacy +9, N Male Halfling Wildblooded (Sylvan) Sorcerer 4, Spear: +0(1d6-2, x3)
Companion:
Vivienne F Constrictor lvl 4 HP:34/34, AC:17, T:12, FF:14, CMB:+10, CMD:23 Attacks: Bite +11 (1d6+10, x2), Constrict(1d6+10)

As the birds try to flee Fang tries to catch them in a weak spot.
Ray vs Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Though the bird tries to defend its master, dang tries to put it out of its misery.
Ray vs Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Abyssal Bloodrager (Rageshaper)/6
stats:
HP 64/64 AC 15/12 T/13 FF CMB +7 CMD 21/19 | F +9 R +6 W +5 | Init +2 Perc +9 40' move 60' Darkvision

I can't see the grid for some reason!

Silver Crusade

Male Tengu Ranger 2 | hp 20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +7 W +2 | Spd. 30' | Init +4 | KnNat +6, KnRel +7 (+9 to discern abilities, weaknesses), Perc +9 (low-light), SensM +2 | Fav Enemy Undead +2

I believe the map got deleted.

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

repaired the grid

Serpentfang hits the fleeing bird in the back. Once the mount returns Tûrak throws a bomb at the big bird while Serpentfang shoots another ray at it.

Round 4
Ishingka
Tûrak
Kraww
Serpentfang
Cormac
Bernard

-----
Jikon -24HP

Silver Crusade

Male Tengu Ranger 2 | hp 20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +7 W +2 | Spd. 30' | Init +4 | KnNat +6, KnRel +7 (+9 to discern abilities, weaknesses), Perc +9 (low-light), SensM +2 | Fav Enemy Undead +2

wakizashi v the bird which is the word....B-b-b bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Cleric 5 HP 39/39 | F: 9 R: 7 W: 11| AC: 22 T: 13 FF: 20 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | PER: +12 SM: +10 Init: +2

Bernard and Cormac Circle around the bird to get flanking Bernard with a determined look on his face

Cormac To hit, DC 13 Will Save or be afraid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bernard to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Bernard Intimidate on Hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Grand Lodge

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Kraww tries to hit the bird mount with his wakizashi, but misses. Also Bernard misses, but Cormac's attempt is successful.

I think we can wrap it up...

Badly injured the bird just runs away, leaving its master behind.

combat over

Any remaining tengus retreat or throw themselves on the villager’s mercy. Victory does not come free, of course; of the 50 men and women that aided in the fight, 20 perish. These honored fallen are buried in the hills overlooking the home they gave their lives for; in spite of this, Nesting Swallow celebrates its victory. For the first time in years, the village looks forward to living free of banditry.

Je Tsun honors her bargain with you, isolating herself in her home with the Braid of a Hundred Masters for a day and a night. When she emerges with a smile, the braid is restored to its ancient potency. Even now, activated, the use of the relic is difficult to discern, but Pathfinders in the Lantern Lodge in Goka are undoubtedly eager to begin their work examining the powerful item.

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Abyssal Bloodrager (Rageshaper)/6
stats:
HP 64/64 AC 15/12 T/13 FF CMB +7 CMD 21/19 | F +9 R +6 W +5 | Init +2 Perc +9 40' move 60' Darkvision

Ishingka spends time in the hills with the peasants, digging holes for hours without complaint. As she looks at each corpse, she checks to see if they are from the family they first rescued. She carries bodies into their graves and lowers them gently to the ground, and thumps her armor, grunting a few words of Orcish for each fallen villager.

Many hours later, she sits near Kraww, still covered in grave-dirt. "What will they do with the tengu, do you suppose?"

Silver Crusade

Male Tengu Ranger 2 | hp 20 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 17 | F +4 R +7 W +2 | Spd. 30' | Init +4 | KnNat +6, KnRel +7 (+9 to discern abilities, weaknesses), Perc +9 (low-light), SensM +2 | Fav Enemy Undead +2

"Big fire, mass grave. It's a shame to let it all go to waste. WARK!" He says. His voice is muffled not by sadness but by some soft, tadpole-like thing he has in his beak.

Grand Lodge

Stuff:
Wand of CLW: 46 charges; Healer's kit: 20 usages; Arrows: 37; Arrows (blunt): 20; Arrows (cold iron): 30; Arrows (raining): 4; Arrows ('silver'): 10
Half-orc LN Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 - Init +3, Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Perception +8, AC 17/ touch 13/ ff 14; temp hp: 5/9; hp 33/33, F+8, R+10, W+4, Speed 30 ft., Explorer 1/1; Bombs 12/12

After the combat, Tûrak spent his time aiding the wounded, taking care of the survivors. Despite victory, the lost lives in the battlefield was remembered in the half-orc prayers.

When Je Tsun give them the braid, the alchemist thanks her - "It was an honor to fight at your side, and help your people against those disgusting tengus. Thank you."

With the artifact in hands, Tûrak travels back to the Lantern Lodge in Goka to finish his task.

It was a pleasure to play with you and tease Kraww and other tengus, guys! Thank you for the game! A special thanks to GM Baerlie for running these to us.

551 to 595 of 595 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS PbP GameDay IV: PFS 03-09 - The Quest for Perfection I All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.