PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H (Inactive)

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

9.16 Fallen Family, Broken Name


351 to 400 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna
Mishka Krieger wrote:


He glances at the hellfire rod. "Brackett isn't here to accept the rod. One of you should keep it safe. And use it, if we need the extra firepower."

Wertlos shrugs, and takes the rod. "I can keep it safe, if you'd like, though I'm happy to hand it off to someone more skilled in ranged combat. He pauses for a moment to affectionately pat his furry friend, currently exploring the floor of the tavern for snacks. "Zahnlos tends to do my fighting for me."

Wertlos has a +2 ranged touch attack.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Rhymin' Ralph wrote:

Ralph will attempt to gather info about Valten, particularly how far away it is and what would be the easiest mode of transport to get there.

Some of the bar staff tell you that caravans pass through here to Valten on a regular enough basis. The town lies just a few days away to the north east, on the border between Isger and Druma. It is a small town but it is active with markets and trade in unique herbs found only in regions caught between badlands and a valley.

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Sharing what he's learned with the rest of the party, Ralph says,

"Getting to Valten should be easy going.
Caravans heading there are constantly flowing.
We can arrive in just a few days,
Then consume their 'unique herbs' which is all the craze!"

Ralph is ready to head out when everyone else is.

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Krieger listens to the bard's information, while he finishes his minimal preparations and pre-combat checks. "That's good to know, Rhymin' Ralph. Ready when you are, friends."

Once outside the town, Krieger finds a quiet place in the shadows...

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

... a minute later, The Foreigner emerges from the shadows. "Let's make haste to Valten, find Delara Adnen, take a look at the locket, and discover what we can of the fiend's true name."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The trek to the town of Valten takes you through the prairie and eventually the badlands of Isger. Sights of plain fields and simple farm shacks occupy the landscape the former, and the latter are mostly dry and have little to offer aside from dried twigs composed as brushes.

Eventually the wagons come to the crossing between the mountains which stretches into a low valley. The town of Valten is easily in sight from the higher altitude the caravan has perched above the clearing. Patched grass and few trees dot the landscape, providing a mixed pallet of browns and greens to create a simplistic yet earthy terrain.

The denizens of the town seem friendly enough, for people who live on a border settlement. Valten seems to do well with the trade caravans bring it. Most groups that travel from Isger and Druma require it as a vital stop to restock on necessities, but has not grown beyond a few hundred denizens.

This is possibly due to the presence of two nations composing both sides that share only so many interests. Druma has the pressence of the Blackjackets and the Prophets of Kalistrade that hold wealth in high regard, where as Isger is seen as an overglorified trade route of Cheliax, Land of the Devil worshiping house of Thrune.

While mutual interests lie between the two nations, only those who have made effective lives out of trade figure Valten is a suitable home. The caravan you managed to take a ride with drops you off at the Raging Badger Tavern, where the aroma of a pig roast awaits inside.

Welcome to Valten, Pathfinders.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Society Subscriber | Venture Agent

Included now on the Map screen is a picture of roughly where Valten lies inbetween Druma and Isger

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

"Ah, roast pig. The other white meat." Krieger pronounces as he enters the Raging Badger Tavern. He'd found a spot to don his more sociable persona once the settlement was sighted along the trail.

"Innkeep? How do you do? My name is Mishka Krieger. My friends and I are interested in food and lodging."

He smiles at the proprietor. "We seek a retired Druman Blackjacket mercenary named Delara Adnen. Do you know her?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

Dr. Splash notes the ease at which Mishka and the others navigate the tavern. You’re never going to get anywhere if you don’t speak up.

“We appreciate the courtesy you offer greatly.”

Diplomacy, Aid Another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Curious, Captain Chlorophyll asks Rhyming Ralph "'What sort of unique herbs?"

Profession: Herbalist: 10 + 6 = 16

---

As they go through town, Captain Chlorophyll keeps an eye out for herbalists. They have an interest in such topics and are still curious about these unique herbs.

They do follow the others into the Raging Badger. The mission comes first!

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

He may not be able to hear all his allies chatter as they approach town, but Wertlos doesn't need to see Zahnlos sniffing the air to know when they get near the tavern. He strides in and looks around for the pig, ready to part with basically any amount from his purse for a piece with crackling skin on it.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Once in the Raging Badger, Ralph puts his arm around Captain Chlorophyll's shoulder (or whatever qualifies as a shoulder on a leshy) and half pulls / half pushes Captain Chlorophyll to the innkeep. Ralph then asks the innkeep,

"My leshy friend Cap Chloro and I know Valten is reknown for herbs unique.
Do you have any to offer for sale as our interested is piqued!
I prefer the kind that fits in a pipe,
but mayhaps my friend prefers the eating type?
We'd love ones that would bring us joy,
or short of that, something that'll make Cap Choloro hallucinate he's a boy?"

Liberty's Edge

N male wolf | hp 22/22 | AC 18, T 12, F 16 (w/Shield of Faith AC 20, F18) | F +5, R +5, W +2 | Speed 50ft | Init +2 | Percept +5 (scent, low-light) | Bite +3/1d6+1 plus trip | CMB +4, CMD 15 (19 vs. trip) | Tricks: attack, attack any, break out, defend, down, flank, stay | Current conditions: shield of faith

*Sniff*

*Sniff* *Sniff*

*SNIFF* *SNIFF* *SNIFF*

*Drool*

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Not quite sure what Ralph wants, Captain Chlorophyll allows themselves to be guided along.

Upon hearing the rhyme, they reflexively respond “I prefer they as a pronoun.

They then do a double take, pausing to consider exactly what Ralph has said.

What was that about hallucinations? I just wanted to find out what type of unique herbs they had here. Besides, I really don’t like the scent of burning plants.

Not quite sure how to react to the rhyme, they decide to fall back to a topic they are familiar with. Pointing to their head, they explain “I have both carpels and stamen, so neither male nor female correctly describes my gender.

Looking over to the innkeep, they then add “I am interested in herbs though, and was told this town has some unique ones.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Mishka Kreiger wrote:


"Innkeep? How do you do? My name is Mishka Krieger. My friends and I are interested in food and lodging."

He smiles at the proprietor. "We seek a retired Druman Blackjacket mercenary named Delara Adnen. Do you know her?"

The tall woman whose skin shines a shade of blue looks up from the counter, purple hair hangs in a braided knot behind her head. "Oh my, newcomers! How exciting!" Her pupils shrink for a moment. "Have you accepted Aroden as your lord and savior?" She says in very quick speed as if she has rehearsed it time and time again.

Her eyes then focus back to a regular size again. "Oh sorry, where are my manners? My name is Momoko, and this is actually an Alchemist Shop for Mr. Price, he just has it double as a tavern on days he's off doing missions for the Exchange." She then gives a polite bow.

"Oh your looking for Delara? She lives in the very large manor that is in the center of town. You'll notice it has a stunning view of the river." She is about to say more but a scuffle between a bundle of dwarves on the opposite side of the tavern has her attention. They all have the same length of beard in varying colors and carry crossbows. "Oh dear. They have been like that ever since Harskkeep. They all lost their Badgers, you see. Just ignore them."

"Anyways, if you go over to the center of town, you won't miss the place. Oh, since I can see your wayfinder, Lodging is complementary; per Mr. Price." She then draws out some keys. "Just remember to bring them back when your done." She gives another deep bow.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Captain Chlorophyll wrote:

Curious, Captain Chlorophyll asks Rhyming Ralph "'What sort of unique herbs?"

Momoko then turns to the Leshy. "Well that question would be best left for... Mr. Deep Tofu. He comes and goes as a guest to Mr Price. Please don't ask why he is called that."

Rhymin Ralph wrote:

"My leshy friend Cap Chloro and I know Valten is reknown for herbs unique.

Do you have any to offer for sale as our interested is piqued!
I prefer the kind that fits in a pipe,
but mayhaps my friend prefers the eating type?
We'd love ones that would bring us joy,
or short of that, something that'll make Cap Choloro hallucinate he's a boy?"

Momoko turns to the Halfling. "Yes... Mr. Deep Tofu can help with that... He's... Indulgent in such trade." And then she swiftly turns away from the Halfling and Vine Leshy to address the Aquatic Elf.

Dr.Splash wrote:
“We appreciate the courtesy you offer greatly.”

"Oh Mr. Price will be thrilled to know that fellow Pathfinders are using the guest quarters! He had them specially built knowing that lodging here can be ridiculously costly."

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Turning to Captain Chlorophyll, Ralph says,

"Please forgive my mistake.
My memory isn't always sharp and the pronouns didn't take."

Replying to Momoko and addressing the party,

"Miss Momoko, thank you for the keys.
The rooms will put us quite at ease.
Friends, shall we take a rest?
It has been a long journey and we may not be at our best.
I suggest we seek Delara in the morn'
We'll feel good as new like we've been reborn!"

I'll roll a knowledge check to see if Ralph knows anything about Harskkeep.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

You once read the grand adventure of Harskkeep on a Chronicle back at the Grand Lodge, and you even kept a copy for yourself. The story goes like this...

The Tale of Harskkeep:

Once upon a time in Harsklorian, there was Venture Captain Harsk Valsin. He sent two Harskfinders into one of the ruined siege sites surrounding Harskilon. The two adventurers were slaughtered when they discovered the secret lair of Harskkeep. Harsk Valsin sent the Harskfinders known as Harsk, Harsk, Harsk, and Harsk into Harskkeep to learn more of the secrets. They also had their badgers, the Biters.

The team of Harskfinders were able to advance through 4 rooms with surprising capabilities from their diverse team of Harsk. It was when they entered the 5th room the Harskfinders encountered the deadliest challenge of them all. The Harskfinders were no match, and Harsk had his intelligence damaged to a point that he stayed back to fight while his companions, Harsk Harsk and Harsk, made their escape.

Harsk had his final stand there, as well as all the badgers. The other Harskfinders managed to escape, but just barely. Harsk was horribly injured as one of the monsters teleported to the entrance of Harskkeep, and waited to ambush Harsk there. Harsk was almost slain, but by a miracle, he managed to stagger his way out the door.


It was perhaps one of the most grand adventures ever told. And perhaps my 2nd greatest adventure during Paizocon.


Male Monkey Valet Familiar 1 HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 7| F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Dragon’s Flight: 1/1; Dragon Fire: 1/1 | Spells: Prestigitation, Open/Close| Active conditions: None.

Urchin listens to the tale of Harskkeep, and then writes down his own summary.

It was Wealday in the Raging Badger Tavern. The bar was one of those places where the floor crunches underfoot, and once we got inside, it wasn’t hard to see why. There was the morosest bunch of dwarves — they looked so much alike they could have come out of Mengkare’s cloning vats — and they were all telling this glum story that went on and on about monsters and a dungeon and dead badgers.

There were other distractions too. Hallucinogenic herbs and some dude named Deep Tofu. However, as far as I can tell, there isn’t any loot in it, so I had to shake awake my teammates and prod them about the real mission.

Urchin throws some peanuts at his teammates and then holds up a sign.

Forget about the Dwarves and drugs. Let’s find that dame, Delara!

I’m fine with going in the morning.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

“Ow!” Splash says, as a peanut hits them in the head. “What the —? Oh. Urchin’s reminding me that we have a long day ahead. Momoko, do you know anything about Delara? Are there any gifts we can bring when we go visiting, like some nice bread or wine or... er... herbs?”

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

The center of town, a big place with a nice view of the river.” Nodding, they add “Thank you, Momoko.

Looking up at Dr. Splash, they suggest “Without knowing the woman, how will you know what ails her? You need to know that before you can select the correct herbs.

However, there are likely many who know her and could tell us something about her.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

“Good point!” Splash makes a note. Must ask Mengkare if he would be interested in some Leshy settlers at some point. They’re cheerful creatures and would certainly be able to help with gardens...

Then suddenly the Good Doctor remembers something very important. They look around the room, looking for any healthy specimens that might be adequate breeding partners for Mishka.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Seeing no one but Momoko, Splash hands their hostess a math quiz. “Would you mind filling out this quiz I designed to test for mathematical aptitude? It’s very simple really. A combination of addition, geometry and a few quadratic equations. I’m enquiring on behalf of a friend.” The quiz consists of 60 questions, ranging over both sides of the sheet, written in a tiny but methodical hand.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

They look at Mishka, excitedly. It’s hard to find good mates without a dragon to help them. He’ll be so happy to get this help!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Ah, my aquatic elf match-maker, Tinder with pointy ears.

"Indeed, I would be very interested in your, em, performance, Mistress Momoko." The man bows, offering a winsome smile. "I am also available for private tutoring."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 (Not great, but on the heels of my introductory result of 30.)

Vigilante Social Talent:
Companion to the Lonely (Ex) (Inner Sea Intrigue, pg. 33): Whether religiously motivated, as are followers of Arshea, Calistria, or Shelyn, or for purely carnal reasons, physical intimacy helps the vigilante cope with the loneliness of his double life. Once per day, the vigilante can spend at least 1 hour engaged in acts of physical pleasure with a willing partner to gain a pool of morale points equal to his Charisma bonus or his partner’s Charisma bonus, whichever is higher. For the next 24 hours, the vigilante can spend a morale point as an immediate action to roll a Charisma-based skill check or a Will saving throw again after rolling the die but before learning the consequences; he must take the second result even if it is lower.

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
The Amazing Urchin wrote:
Forget about the Dwarves and drugs. Let’s find that dame, Delara!

"I agree finding Delara comes first.

Besides dwarves and drugs separately, won't slake anyone's thirst.
But if it were dwarves and drugs TOGETHER, well hellOOO!!
In that case, we'd HAVE to go!!"

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

"Yes, the morning will do just fine." replies Zephy, watching the good doctor with interest.

Slowly, her expression changes to one of realization as Mishka begins chatting up the woman. 'He should come with a warning sign' considers the leshy.

Raising an inquisitive eye to Rhymin Ralph, "Are dwarves known for partaking of drugs? I had no idea..."

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Well Zephy, I don't really know...
Which is why if it happens, we've gotta go go GO!!"

All banter aside, Ralph is ready to move on to seeking Delara anytime!

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

I thought that dwarves were known for resisting the effects of various poisons, hallucinations and other such substances. Did I have that backwards?

They frown in consternation, looking at the two dwarves who were fighting.

Still, that wasn’t the task we were set to.

They then start moving in the direction of the door, looking back and hoping someone will follow.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Rated PG for Psychic Invasions, and no explicit content at all because Momoko doesn't give herself to anyone that isn't Aroden

What happens to Mishka:

Momoko gives a deep bow, and then says to Mishka, "Certainly! Just follow me!" As both Mishka and Momoko disappear up the wooden stairs behind the tavern counter. She takes him to a room where there is two chairs. She moves her hand forward, implying for Mishka to sit.

He does, and then suddenly he feels a strong presence entering into his mind. "Now lets see what it is that makes you have nightmares..." As the psionic voice emanates through the walls of his skull. This probing and cooling feeling that bounces from lobe to lobe of his brain, trying to find all his weakest points in a nurse-like fashion. Both intruding but pleasant to the psionic impulses that wash over his entirety of Akashic existence.

After some time, it feels like a large, soft blanket has fallen gently over his entire mental existence. The feeling and instinct to stay awake against the sensation is dulled, but still saying it is not comfortable with this. It is a feeling that is only half worth fighting, but then the effect happens again. A heavier, softer, warmer blanket of psionic energy then lays gently on Mishka's conscience mind before he falls asleep.

An undetermined amount of time later, Mishka wakes up in his chair feeling as refreshed as the morning sun. Momoko then reveals, "You were out for 1.5 minutes." before taking a deep bow and returning to the main floor.


Mishka benefits from Companion of the Lonely

Eventually following the Psychic Samsaran's directions you do find the manor in question. Large white painted walls travel three stories high with a design that is crossed between gothic and aristocratic. The gate surrounding the property is open and has a large rope hanging in front, with a sign that says "Please Pull for Servant".

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

As you pull on the rope, a gong noise is heard and a servant just appears from around the corner faster than you could expect him to be present. "Please, follow me to the greeting room."

The servant takes you into the manor, where a decorated and yet somewhat simple room awaits. There are enough chairs for each of you to take a seat. After waiting for about several minutes, a woman whose scars show long years of battle and eyes that glimmer with experience steps into the room. She takes a seat at the head chair and raises her hand to take a cup of tea from a servant who has also just entered the room solely to provide refreshments.

As the servant moves through the room offering tea to everyone, the lady takes a sip of hers first and then says, "I am Delara Adnen. My butler informs me you all wish to see me, though he neglected to give your names." The servant who took you all in has a stoic look...

Sense Motive DC 18:

That covers a sweat from his brow knowing he messed up bad.

"So let us discuss why it is you are here to see me." She says as she takes another sip of her tea, eyes searching methodically across each party member. A servant enters with a trolley full of cakes and offers her a slice. "Please, indulge yourselves. Business is not handled well on empty stomachs." She chuckles before accepting a piece of cake and begins to eat it thoughtfully.

The servant swiftly but fluidly moves through the room to offer each party member a slice of confectionaries.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

With a slight bow, Chlorophyll steps forward and gives a variation of their standard introduction.

I am Captain Chlorophyll, the Green Knight of Taldor, Protector of Gourd, and a member of the Pathfinder Society. Thank you for agreeing to see us.” They then step back so the others may introduce themselves.

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

At the Raging Badger

That was... odd. Momoko is a mystery. Note to self: Learn more about the samsaran woman, see her again. Maybe? Krieger feels invigorated, but plagued with niggling doubt.

At Delara Adnen's Manor
Sense Motive DC18: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Beneath his stoic mien, the servant seems worried that he's incurred the wrath of his mistress.

"I am Mishka Krieger, Delara Adnen. I apologize for not providing your manservant our names. It was not his fault. Thank you for your hospitality." He accepts a steaming cup of tea and a slice of cake. "Venture-Captain Brackett suggested we meet with you and discuss the history of the Irrica family."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

"I m Wertlos Kurz," the halfling says, rising stiffly from his seat, "and this is Zahnlos." He gives a curt bow and settles back into his chair.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

"I see. Not too many people have an interest in my far off ancestry. It left me very little aside from an heirloom." Delara takes another cut from her cake and chews it thoughtfully, then sets it down on a table to her left, taking up the cup of tea instead.

"Most of that history is forgotten and long past, but if there is something I can help you with perhaps I might be able to." She takes a long sip of her tea. "Provided, as you are some capable adventurers, perhaps you can aide me with a favor in turn then?"

Perception 10:

She is not currently wearing the locket.

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Rhymin' Ralph is what they call me.
As Mishka said you're the one we've come to see!
Will you please hear us out?
I promise the matter is important, not giving you reason to pout!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Perception DC10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Hmm, if she has the locket, she doesn't seem to be wearing it.

"Madame, it would be our honor to aid you in any way. What would you have us do?"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

"I'm certain I can think of one sometime later. For now, what is it I can do to help you?"
You have some high diplomacies, she's willing to hear you out first.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Rhymin' Ralph wrote:

"Rhymin' Ralph is what they call me.

As Mishka said you're the one we've come to see!
Will you please hear us out?
I promise the matter is important, not giving you reason to pout!"

She chuckles at the rhyming bard. "Certainly, what is it you require?"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

“I am Dr. Splash, and this is my companion, Amazing Urchin. We have heard that you might have in your possession a locket. The locket is part of a puzzle that involves your family.” Splash pauses to try a slice of cake, and then their eyebrows tilt upwards. “Interesting. It’s... sweet. And you used honey with your tea. I’ve noticed quite a bit of sugar in land cuisine — at least the cuisine here in Isger. Is this a common thing? Mengkare rationed it, not wanting us to gain weight or become unhealthy.” Splash’s eyebrows raise even higher as they take another bite. “It’s quite tasty. Why do I want to eat it so much when it’s not healthy? That does not seem logical of me.”

I should push it away or stop. But then again, Mengkare wanted me to learn of the world outside Hermea.

“This sweet gooey decoration that coats the ‘cake’. What do you call it? And what is this flavor?”

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

"My goodness you are certainly one for words." Delara chuckles. "Yes I do have a locket still. One of a number of inheritances from my family. It's nice, but I've always found it to be not my thing." She sets down her plate and calls over to her servant. "Please retrieve the locket; there should be no harm in letting these adventurers observe it." The servant swiftly exits the room, and within a matter of moments returns with the locket in question placed in a soft cloth.

"The 7-Layer Strawberry cake is one of my favorite desserts from the cook I've hired. As for that decoration, we call it frosting." She lets out another chuckle.

The locket has a very exquisite design that stretches all over the outer surface. There are no words on the exterior.

After some close examination, it appears there is a switch mechanism that has been well hidden within the design. It would not be immediately noticeable to most individuals that were not feeling it.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

When you attempt to open the locket, a small spark flies through the locket's cover, and it seals itself shut. The faintest image of a reflected image is on the cover. It appears to be a ghostly young woman dressed in a nightgown with a demeanor of melancholy.
"Please... Do not disturb my locket.. It is precious to me... I would rather keep the memories within to myself.. Who are you, stranger?... Have you come... To finally bring me peace?"

With your collective knowledge in nobility and your recent findings, you are able to determine that this is Althea Irrica, the locket's previous owner. Records indicate she was found dead in her room just a week before the attack on Irrica estate. Her cause of death was never discovered, but her family suspected she had ended her own life after her fiance perished in the family convoy.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

"I am Captain Chlorophyll, the Green Knight of Taldor, protector of gourd."

They pause a moment before asking "How can we help you find peace?"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

At this point, Delara stops eating and looks over, clearly surprised. "I always felt weird about that locket, but this is different."

The spirit of Althea strains as she says "Find my engagement ring... Touch it with the locket... Let me close to it... One.. Last.. Time.." Before her image disappears.

Delara then clears her throat. "That is most unfortunate. I recognize the ring she talks about. I received it along with a manifest of inheritance from another recently deceased relative." She shakes her head. "That inheritance I have sold most of, including the ring. Perhaps if you make haste you may be able to catch the caravan that has the ring." She raises her hand, and the servant has a parchment and inkpen ready for her.

She swiftly scribbles something before sealing it and handing it to the servant to bring to you. "Give them this note, it will let them know to return the ring and deduct it's value from my account." She pauses for a moment. "The Irrica inheritance seemed to have strange rumors floating about it. While I am not superstitious, I didn't handle most of the goods before selling them. Though hearing Althea speak through the amulet, its best you take precautions. Perhaps there is some truth to the Ring's Curse."

"Consider this my favor from earlier I requested; I would most appreciate it if my ancestor could be put to rest." And with that, she gets up and returns to a different room in the manor. The servant then pulls out a map from a nearby desk. "The caravan in question was due back to Druman, along the main road. They mentioned they were leaving today in the morning. If you hurry you can catch them."

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

“We will do out best to take care of your ancestor, and find the ring. Thank you for your hospitality,” Dr. Splash says, picking up another thin slice of cake for the road.

“Did you know this was called frosting?” they ask Captain Chlorophyll and Zephirine. “Land food is fascinating.”

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The bold adventurer's set out to find the Caravan before the worst could happen. After a few hours of travelling the main road to Druman, they finally come across it. One of the wagon's wheels has been dislodged from its axle, and they are working to repair it.

A guard notices the upcoming travelers, and crosses halfway to greet them. "Hello. Are you looking to commence in some trade?"

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

==Earlier==

Seemingly overly enthralled by the desert, Zephirine fails to speak during the encounter. Gingerly touching the thing a few times and poking at the 'frosting' with her limbs, she finally takes a bite.

As she does so, her eyes open wide and she ravishes the plate....licking it clean. At the doctors question, the leshy suddenly realizes that may not have been the most proper way to eat the thing...her leaves gaining a scarlet hue.

"Frosting? No...I...I never....that was wonderful! I must have more! Uh...but...later of course. Let us hurry before the caravan gets too far." she replies, scurrying after her companions.

==Now==

Eyeing the broken wagon with slight amusement, she considers 'Well...that was lucky. Saved us a bit on the chase.'

"Us? Oh, no. We are here on behalf of Ms Delara Adnen. One of the items she sold you was in error it seems. I believe the good doctor here has a letter to explain the situation, if you please."

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

"Looks like you've a problem with your wagon. Mind if I take a look? I'd like to help, if I can." Krieger's no TV repairman, but he's some mechanical training.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

"No, no need." The guard says waving a hand and shaking his head gently. "That might only add to the drama. Besides, broken wheels aren't the worst problem to fix."

"Oh, Delara? Maybe you should speak to the Master since he dealt with her more directly." He points to one of the wagons in particular on the south eastern side. "He's riding that one over there, with the red cover."

The map is now viewable.

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ralph heads over to the wagon in question and says,

"Greetings and salutations Master!
Please permit me to let you know what we're after.
A lady named Delara sold you a ring.
However, a note from her to you we bring.
If you'd be so kind to return it,
Our business will be done this visit!"

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Krieger follows Rhymin' Ralph to the Master's wagon, "Thank you for your time and your consideration, Caravan Master."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll follows along behind Rhyming Ralph. He looks around with interest at the caravan.

351 to 400 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.