PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H (Inactive)

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

9.16 Fallen Family, Broken Name


251 to 300 of 632 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Chlorophyll decides there are enough people questioning the Hellknight. They will wait for a few answers before jumping into the conversation.

They nod their agreement with Zephy’s statement about numbers.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Scooping up another helping into his mouth, the Hellknight speaks as he chews, "No more so than usual, but the stink of their work is all over the Chitterwood. There is usually paths of where they were and where they go."

He swallows a mouthful and then takes a swig from a nearby bottle. "You can understand why an armed escort is required. The Goblins are a nuisance, but they tend to stay away from Hellknights. Smart decision, honestly." He says with a slight smirk creeping the corner of his mouth.

He then places the empty bowl he had down, and pulls his helmet from his right side and places it onto his head. "Now I suppose we are ready to set out." His face now hidden under the mask of an intimidating, screaming devil.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit wrote:


Shaking her head, she snaps back to reality. "Uh...so...you lot are guiding us to our foes territory then? Uh, how do you like being a hellknight? Are you all of flesh and bone? Or have you some other among your order?"

Gallion looks to the Vine Leshy, and it seems like under the helmet he is contemplating the answer. "If there are creatures of your kind, made from plant life, then there aren't at my division. Though I cannot say I would be surprised if we had some eventually become initiates. Hellknights vary from living, dead, half beasts, aquatic beings, planar beings... If it exists in a society that can have logic of the law, then by all means it probably has a Hellknight to its species."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The trip takes two weeks to traverse the plains and hills that eventually mold into what is known as the Chitterwood. The caravan manages to arrive to Citadel Dinyar without incident, though signs of goblin activity are apparent through the woods. As you travel through, burnt trees litter the pathways that cause only minor delays.

As you pull up to Citadel Dinyar, Gillian Land informs you, "This is the best entry point to begin your search. I would tell you to exercise caution, but that doesn't always help against goblins." With that, he nods his helmeted head and rides forward to the citadel.

You all hop off your wagons and carts, and the vast forest stretches before you with some distinct pathing. The caravan master Jarkan tosses you a sack of trail rations. He then yells to your party, "We will be coming back this way to Elidir in 10 days, do not be late or you will have to walk back there! Best of luck!"

Acquired 2 weeks of Trail Rations.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ralph examines the surroundings looking for a trail that may lead to the Scorchfeather goblins.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 11

"Well friends, I'm not a slacker,
But neither am I a tracker.
The burnt trees are certainly a bellwether
That we'll eventually find a Scorchfeather.
But I don't know know which way to go.
If someone else leads, I've got your back, bro!"

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Kreiger hefts his share of the rations. He steps into the woods near the trail...

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

...a minute later, The Foreigner emerges from the trees, terrible scars visible on his chest, long black hair unbraided.

He walks back and forth along both sides of the trail, head down, looking for signs of goblins.
(Survival: Take 20 for 25)

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Your exploration takes several hours before you find any evidence of recent activity within a small clearing of burnt trees.

It appears that only half of the trees have been burnt recently, while others scoured from ages long past, perhaps during the Goblinblood Wars. You are able to discern that the burns that appear more recent are a few days old.

A few minutes of poking around in the dirt reveals a few signs of activity that you are on the correct trail.

Perception DC 10:

Firstly there is a broken dogslicer buried under a thin layer of soot; the blade looks cracked in several places, but it appears that it was constructed from materials that only a few pieces of have rusted.

Near some stones you find two ceramic jugs; both are empty. They have an emblem on them that you may be able to recognize.

Knowledge Nobility DC 12:

You recognize the symbol of House Irrica on them.

Knowledge Nature DC 15:

While searching you find the charred remains of bones. They appear to be of a forest bird.

After your search you notice night has begun to fall.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Picking at the soot, Captain Chlorophyll reaches in and picks up a broken rusty dogslicer. We are on the right track!” Thinking a moment about it, they then add “Unfortunately they have been gone a while. The soot and blade are both cold.

Looking to the others, they ask “Anyone else find anything?

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"The emblem of House Irrica is emblazoned on these two jugs.
Why they're sitting in a forest, I'll give you a couple shrugs."

Ralph shrugs a couple times indicating he has no clue why a couple ceramic jugs would be sitting out in the middle of a forest.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

"Really?" Chlorophyll looks at the jugs with sudden interest.

"I bet they were taken from the estate!" they exclaim, excitedly. "We must be on the right path then!"

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
K Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Nodding to their assessment, Zephy spies something in the ashes and takes a closer look. Dusting away some of the debris, she picks up a small hollow bone. Retrieving a few more from the pile, she shakes her head. "Yeah, they were here. This is the remains of a bird native to these parts." she announces, holding up the bones.

"Irrica you said?" she mumbles, "Wasn't that the haunted house's previous owners? It could be said finding them here increases the likelihood we're on the right track. We'll need to catch up and retrieve that staff they stole."

Walking the exterior of the clearing, she frowns. "I'm not seeing which way they went. Any of you able to pick up the trail?"

Survival (looking for the most recent tracks leading out): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Perception DC10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Knowledge (nobility) DC12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Knowledge (nature) untrained DC15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The Foreigner wipes the soot from the cracked and broken dogslicer. "I wonder what material this was made from that it barely rusts?"

"Aye, you're right, Captain Chlorophy, the jugs must be loot from the Irrica estate. That means were tracking the right goblin band."

The Foreigner joins Zephirine looking for tracks.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
If the GM and the situation permit, The Foreigner will Take 20 for Survival 25.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

GM permits. If you complete another search, you may risk a forced march.
Your travels take you through more of the Chitterwood. The dark night adds a layer of mystery and intrigue to the atmosphere, as howling and other strange noises can be heard from the desecrated forest. After another few hours, the party of tired but determined adventurers make their way to a rocky hill that looks suitable for shelter.

Apparently, some less than sanitary creatures thought so as well.

As you get nearer to the hill the smell hits you before you see it. The landscape is covered with dung of several creatures, scattered all over the hill side as if there were little sense of decency among any of them. A string of large feathers tied together as a crude headdress lies near one of the dung piles.

Survival DC 15 or Knowledge Nature DC 14:

This dung is only a few days old, less than a week but more than two.

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Survival DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

The Foreigner recognizes the scent of days-old dung before he lays eyes on it. He heads for the pile of dung near a string of large feathers tied together into a crude headdress.

He squats down, picks up a dry handful, holds it to his nose, and lets it crumble through his fingers. "This dung is only a few days old, less than a week but more than two."

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

K Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Curling her nose as the man holds the dung in his hand, she mutters. "I could have told you that without picking it up....you will wash that before touching our food or anything, right?"

Turning away from the foreigner, she looks back to the forest. "At least we know we're getting close. Best keep your eyes and ears open from here on out. We wouldn't want to get ambushed."

She again does a search of the perimeter, this time taking it slow and checking every inch as she passes.

Take 20 Survival: 20 + 4 = 24

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Your search has turned up a possible direction. Foot prints that seem to lead away from the rocky hill and into the deepest part of the Chitterwood. They seem appropriately sized for a small bipedal creature. To venture deeper into the woods may be a risky endeavor, as the light will not shine through as well into the dark recesses of this long aged forest.

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

"Foul creatures." Wertlos shakes his head in disgust and turns away from the excrement before quickly turning back and shouting "Zahnlos, አይ! መተው!" and leading his wolf away by the collar.

Infernal:
"Zahnlos, no! Leave it!"

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

I am already tired. Can we rest for the night?

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit wrote:
Curling her nose as the man holds the dung in his hand, she mutters. "I could have told you that without picking it up....you will wash that before touching our food or anything, right?"

"Heya Zephy,

I'm curious about leshies.
You're concerned about dung contaminating your eats,
But isn't dung to a plant similar to tasty milk from teats?"

Turning to the rest of the party, Ralph yawns and agreeing with Captain Chlorophyll, Ralph says,

"I also feel the need to count some sheep.
Any chance we can get some sleep?"

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

With a wry smile, she turns to Rhymin Ralph, "Well sure, it would work in a pinch. However, I do believe the stuff of goblins would be more like...hmmm what is it you eat? Rotting plums?"

Gagging slightly, she looks away. "I have standards. When a creature eats garbage, garbage comes out. It's got to be the right stuff for me to salivate."

"But, I suppose we can wait till morning. We have been gaining on them already, so we must be doing something right. Yall need to work on your endurance." she adds with a chuckles. I'll take second watch since I see fine in the night."[/b]

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

"Anyone know of a nearby stream? Perhaps we could carry water to wash away the worst of it."

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

The Foreigner takes a knee and a pull from his waterskin, listening to the banter about bathing, bedrolls, and other banalities.

He's ready for any of those contingencies. Of course, I'd rather just follow these tracks, before the trail grows any colder.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The party has collectively agreed to indulge in some wash-basins, bunks, and bounteous.

Will you have someone take watch for the evenings rest?

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Since the rest of the party is, em, busy, The Foreigner will take the first watch.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll is willing to take second watch.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

"It would be logical for me to take the second watch, as I can see in the dark!" Then Dr. Splash asks the rest of the team, "Would you like Urchin to wash your clothes? He's very good at it."

He can cast prestidigitation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Monkey Valet Familiar 1 HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 7| F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Dragon’s Flight: 1/1; Dragon Fire: 1/1 | Spells: Prestigitation, Open/Close| Active conditions: None.

Urchin holds up a sheet of paper for the whole party to see. This job STINKS.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

"Could they wash the area first to get rid of some of the dung piles?" They point at one of the piles in the center of the camping area.

Seeing as Dr. Splash is taking second watch, Captain Chlorophyll will take third watch.

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

With no darkvision, Ralph volunteers for the last watch, thinking there will be a bit of sunlight by then.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Hermea the Amazing Urchin begins using his magics and abilities to clean the area, to create a somewhat pleasant alcove within the rocky hill to create a makeshift camp out of. The trail rations are divided amongst the party.
Remaining Rations: 13 Days

-=First Watch: The Foreigner=-
The sun set over the horizon a few hours ago, and most of the group is bundled inside the alcove. You find a relatively comfortable spot atop the rocks with a position that has good sight over the horizon. You allow yourself some time to get comfortable with a trail ration in hand, and set your eyes to adjust to the darkness that settles over the sky.

Perception DC 25 (Take 20 is an option):

The evening is quiet. There is little for sound that can be heard, but perhaps an hour or two into your shift you notice there is a strangeness about the horizon. It takes you some time to try to focus your eyes well enough to discern what it is. Smoke, somewhat thick. Perhaps some wet foliage burning. It wouldn't be noticeable from this distance normally if it weren't for how much smoke was billowing.

Another hour you watch the horizon and the smoke. You can guess that maybe it is not moving in any direction. The source seems to be staying put.

If you succeed the Perception, Knowledge Geography 15:

You can guess that it is perhaps a little over 15 miles away, if not just about.

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Take 20 Perception = 27
Knowledge (geography) untrained DC15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

When it's time to end his watch, The Foreigner quietly wakes Captain Chorophyll.

When the leshy is ready to assume the next watch The Foreigner whispers, "The evening's been quiet. But I noticed thick smoke over there," The Foreigner points to the horizon. "Wet foliage burning, maybe. Must be a large blazes, if the billowing smoke is visible at this distance. Doesn't seem to be moving."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

-=Second Watch: Captain Clorophyll=-
The dark night sky blinks with stars composing their symphony of the constellations. The very space between them, the Dark Tapestry, painting a portrait of a heavy blanket falling but never descending.

Perception DC 25 (Take 20 is an option):

Over the horizon you see a smoke plume slowly waving in a rhythmic sway. It blends into the night sky and yet stands against it as a faint reminder that it should not be there. The heavy plume of smoke must be from wet foliage starting ablaze.

If you succeed the Perception, Knowledge Geography 15:

You are trained at calculating distances on the horizon with the stars. It must be about 15 miles away.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Even taking 20, Captain Chlorophyll can’t make the perception check.

Also, I thought Dr. Splash was taking second watch. Oh well, we will just give her third watch.

Even with The Foreigner pointing it out, Captain Chlorophyll can’t make out the smoke plumes. Instead, they get an idea of what direction to look and assures him that they will watch for anything in that direction.

They will dutifully keep watch, and at the end of their watch wake Dr. Splash. They will relay what direction the smoke was in and ask them to watch for it.

Perhaps it will be easier to see in the morning light.

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

(Link) I think Captain was confused for Zephy...saying all leshy's look alike? ;-)

Perception (Take 20): 20 + 8 = 28
Common Knowledge Geo (Max 10): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

As her vine from another line stirs, Zephy stretches out, yawning softly. "Is it time? Spose it would be."

Quickly getting to her feet, she wanders about the camp, careful to avoid stepping it small bits of goblin stuff that remains. "Gotta say, the Amazing Urchin did quite a decent job at cleaning up the place." she remarks.

Spotting the column of smoke, she points it out to her companion. "You see that Captain? Looks like something's burning...Oh, I do hope the foliage made it out safely..."

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Let’s just have both Leshy on second. Dr. Splash and Ralph on third.

They lean forward and search back and forth, trying to catch even a glimpse of what is evidently plain to everyone else. Finally, they admit defeat.

Sorry, I’m really not seeing it.

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

Undisturbed by the chatter of the night's watch, Wertlos sleeps soundly.

Not sure how many watch shifts we need. Wertlos is happy to take one if we need more than have been claimed.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Dr. Splash's shift goes without incident.

Morning rises and you all feel much more rested than when you arrived. The smell of the dried dung is receding compared to when you first arrived, that or you grew used to it. The smoke cloud you saw before is gone, but you have an idea on where to go and how far to reach it.

Go to where the smoke was: Survival DC13:

You follow your senses, and manage to find the correct direction to reach where that smoke was.

7 hours later.

Through your navigation skills you eventually come across what appears to be have been once a campsite, and the smell hits you before anything else. The odor of burnt fuzz and feathers pollutes the air here.

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Stretching as she and the others perform their morning rituals, she glances back to where she'd see the smoke but a few hours earlier. Once all have prepared for the days journey, she waves a few viney bits about as her flowers again blossom.

Goodberry: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 Berries

Snagging one, she takes a bite thoughtfully before advising. "We're close. I saw a smoke pyre last night during watch. It's that way, though I'm unsure how far exactly...we'll be there soon enough."

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Greatsword drawn, The Foreigner sets out after Zephirine. I wonder if the leshy intends to share her berries...

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Stopping suddenly, her leaves turning a scarlet hew, she giggles nervously. "TeHeHe...Sorry. Where are my manners? Help yourself to a berry if any desire. There are plenty this morning."

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

"Thank you, Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit." The Foreigner accepts the goodberry in his large hand and places it in his belt pouch for later. "You're very generous."

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ralph follows along as Zephy leads the way.

"That's very gracious, thank you!
I'll have a goodberry too!"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

This goblin campsite is located under a spreading oak. The scent of charred flesh and fuzz comes from an unplucked carcass of a small bird that has been nailed to the tree and then set on fire. Beneath it is a semicircle of stones set around the base of the trunk.

All over around the stone half-ring are scraps of food that have been discarded. There also appears to be a blood smeared potion.

Perception, Craft Alchemy, or Spellcraft DC 16:

Potion of Cure Light Wounds

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Casting detect magic.

Wertlos weaves a simple spell, then stares at the potion for a moment, frowning. "Hm. What is this stuff?" he says, a puzzled look on his face. He unstoppers it and dips in a finger, bringing a taste of it to his mouth.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Blech. Whatever it is, it's gone bad."

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Perception DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

The Foreigner sniffs the blood-smeared vial and dips a finger into the liquid contents. Placing a drop on his tongue, he considers its smell and taste. "This is a potion of cure light wounds."

"One of you has greater need than I for this curative. Please take it."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Suddenly the sounds of a bloodcurdling scream can be heard in the distance, as well as the fluttering of many birds escaping the canopy tops.

Perception or Survival DC 15:

The scream is coming from the North, and not too far away from the way it echoes. If you move quickly you may be able to catch up to it.

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"The scream must be a sign.
The goblins are acting non-benign!
Anyone know which way to run?
So that we may ruin the goblins' fun?"

Ralph draws his crossbow and readies himself to follow any teammate who can figure out which way to go.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Survival, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

That sound is from the north! Quickly, let’s find the source!” Chlorophyll says as they start moving towards it.

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Perception DC15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
"Yes, the scream was close. Let's investigate!" The Foreigner moves out with Captain Chlorophyll.

251 to 300 of 632 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.