PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H (Inactive)

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

9.16 Fallen Family, Broken Name


551 to 600 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

I can hear something making noise in the building!” Captain Chlorophyll whispers.

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ralph pulls out his crossbow and ensures it is loaded.

"Best we be on our toes,
For I also believe we'll meet spider foes..."

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Perception DC14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
The Foreigner rubs his eyes and clears his ears, unable to see or hear much of anything. He draws his greatsword, ready to attack any threat that dares approach him.
Readied Attack, Power Attack; Damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 172d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 = 16

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Initiative Rolls:

Initiative Wertlos Kurz: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5
Initiative Mishka Krieger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Initiative Captain Chlorophyll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Initiative Rhymin' Ralph: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative Dr. Splash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative Ettercap: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Round 1
Captain Clorophyll (-0,Fine)
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit (-0,Fine)

??? (???)
Rhymin Ralph (-0,Fine)
Mishka Krieger (-0,Fine)
Wertlos Kurz (-0,Fine)
Dr Splash (-0,Fine)

Sounds of something stumbling around and knocking things over come from inside the structure.

Upon Seeing It, Knowledge Dungeoneering 13:

The creature is an Ettercap. They are strange spider-like beings that have only 4 limbs total. These kinds of creatures are not at all brave, and will most likely run away from a fight if things go south for them. They are Neutral Evil.

Extra Information for Knowledge Dungeoneering 18:

Ettercaps have spider-like abilities of a dangerous poison, and are able to spit webbing.

Upon opening the door...:

Readied Action: Web
Web Ranged Attack VS Touch AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll moves up to one side of the door.

Short legs, it is a double move!

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Scurrying around the fallen pillars, Zephy sets up where she can see the door.

"Go ahead and bring them out here Captain. Don't think we want to find them in their home...bad enough they have the advantage here as it is." she whispers, pointing at the webs around.

Double Move

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 1
Captain Clorophyll (-0,Fine)
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit (-0,Fine)
??? (???)
Rhymin Ralph (-0,Fine)
Mishka Krieger (-0,Fine)
Wertlos Kurz (-0,Fine)
Dr Splash (-0,Fine)

Knowledge Dungeoneering 13:

The creature is an Ettercap. They are strange spider-like beings that have only 4 limbs total. These kinds of creatures are not at all brave, and will most likely run away from a fight if things go south for them. They are Neutral Evil.

Knowledge Dungeoneering 18 for Extra Information:

Ettercaps have spider-like abilities of a dangerous poison, and are able to spit webbing.

A purple creature that is reminiscent of a spider that walks on two legs and has two clawed arms opens the door, its purple flesh crawling with spiders. The creature takes a bite at Captain Clorophyll!

Attack/Damage Rolls:

Bite!: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 4 = 17
Damage!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

It barely misses the Captain, its teeth chomping just above the Vine Leshy's head.
Missed by 1 due to hard cover from the corner.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 1&2
Captain Clorophyll (-0,Fine)
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit (-0,Fine)

Ettercap (???)
Rhymin Ralph (-0,Fine)
Mishka Krieger (-0,Fine)
Wertlos Kurz (-0,Fine)
Dr Splash (-0,Fine)

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ralph activates archeologist's luck and tries to identify the creature...

All knowledges: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13

"Friends! That creature is an ettercap!
But if we can give it a good slap,
It will probably run away.
Cuz it won't have the courage to continue the fray!"

Ralph then takes a shot with the crossbow and reloads.

Crossbow vs AC: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19
Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

How tall is the building? Could my character climb to the roof and then strike down at the creature from there?

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

At watching the Ettercap attempt to take a chomp at the kindly Captain Chlorophyll, Dr. Splash gets angry and charges it with her ranseur.

Raging Ranseur: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 16
Raging Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 + 3 = 11

“Pick on someone your own size, monster!”

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

With a smile as the fine captain easily sidesteps the attack, Zephy nods to the retaliating doctor. 'Yes, this one's fate is sealed now...

Drawing her bow, she takes aim...carefully. Ensuring her arrow flies true, she releases the shaft.

Perfect Strike Shot 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Perfect Strike Roll 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 <-- Using this roll

Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 2

I do have precise shot so no penalty for firing into melee

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

"Hrmph." Wertlos once again draws his wand and activates it, suffusing the area with divine energy as he steps forward. Draw, activate wand of bless, 5ft step.

"Zahnlos, ស្នាក់នៅទីនេះហើយការពារខ្ញុំដូច្នេះអ្នកមិនទទួលបាននៅក្នុងវិធីបរទេស។."

Infernal:
"Zahnlos, stay here and guard me so you don't get in The Foreigner's way."

Liberty's Edge

N male wolf | hp 22/22 | AC 18, T 12, F 16 (w/Shield of Faith AC 20, F18) | F +5, R +5, W +2 | Speed 50ft | Init +2 | Percept +5 (scent, low-light) | Bite +3/1d6+1 plus trip | CMB +4, CMD 15 (19 vs. trip) | Tricks: attack, attack any, break out, defend, down, flank, stay | Current conditions: shield of faith

Zahnlos' ears flatten and a deep growl begins in his throat. He gets low to the ground and begins to advance, only to stop at a word from Wertlos. He looks back, then resumes his posture but maintains a position in front of his friend, ready to strike should the creature approach.

Attack if needed (defend trick):

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
trip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Captain Chlorophyll wrote:
How tall is the building? Could my character climb to the roof and then strike down at the creature from there?

About 10 feet tall, and its worn enough to have grip holes, DC 15 to climb up with skill.

Liberty's Edge

N male wolf | hp 22/22 | AC 18, T 12, F 16 (w/Shield of Faith AC 20, F18) | F +5, R +5, W +2 | Speed 50ft | Init +2 | Percept +5 (scent, low-light) | Bite +3/1d6+1 plus trip | CMB +4, CMD 15 (19 vs. trip) | Tricks: attack, attack any, break out, defend, down, flank, stay | Current conditions: shield of faith

Oops.

If needed:
Confirm?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

The Foreigner strides forward, holding his blade before him, interposing himself between the ettercap and his companions.
Greatsword, Power Attack, Shield of Blades; Damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 152d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 6) + 7 = 17

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

That slash across the Ettercap's chest makes it crumple, falling to its knees and then landing face first in the dirt. It is bleeding profusely.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Looking at the creature, Captain Chlorophyll says “I guess it wasn’t a spider...

They look around, to make sure there are no other creatures lurking.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Keeping bow trained on the leshy, she frowns. "Was that it? I expected...I don't know...more of a fight? See anything else in there?"

Glancing behind her, she tries to ensure nothing is flanking the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

For the moment, there appears to be no other creatures within the immediate vicinity.

Thankfully your searching around has provided some result. Within the building there are what appears to be the remains of someone. On their finger lies a ring.

Discern Ring's properties DC14 Appraise, Arcana, Religion, or Linguistics:

This is the final Irrica family heirloom. Delicate infernal text is written on the band, but the letters are hopelessly lost in the dense calligraphy. An expert with time on their hands may be able to discern the infernal script.
The ring also has a magical property that does not require activation. It appears to offer an abjuration effect for protective powers.

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Heal check re the corpse: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Appraise DC14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Grabbing some leaves from the abundant foliage, The Foreigner wipes the ettercap's blood from his blade.

He approaches the body and takes a knee, trying to figure out what killed him or her. Probably a victim of the ettercap, but a closer look can't hurt.

He discovers a ring on one of the fingers and examines it, but he can't fathom its value or purpose.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

“Here, let me look at it.”

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Doctor Splash’s delicate eyebrows raise. “Ah, this must be the final Irrica family heirloom. Delicate infernal text is written on the band, but the letters are hopelessly lost in the dense calligraphy. An expert with time on their hands may be able to discern the infernal script, or perhaps Wertlos can figure it out after a period of time.”

“From the symbolism I see, I suspect that the ring might be some sort of protection from... something infernal? I’m not certain exactly what, but perhaps one of us should wear it.”

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

From outside the foundation of the outpost, a voice is heard bellowing, "Explorers! I am Pava Irrica and I believe you have been traveling across Isger, collecting my family heirlooms. However you've come by them, I am willing to forgive and forget as long as you turn them over to me, peacefully.
You can walk away, and I'll not get the authorities involved. Now come out and sheathe your weapons!"

Sense Motive DC 12:

She clearly has no intentions on keeping such a promise.

To the east, a black-winged figure in tight leather armor wielding a longbow appears. She appears on top of a broken wall, her dark eyes darting around the courtyard at everyone. "Ahhh, I see the Irrica family line isn't entirely wiped out yet... And facing off for a fight! You mortals make such tepid entertainment.
But I am merciful. Give me the fragments you've collected and I'll let you all live."

Pava scowls at the winged creature, "You serve the Irricas, devil; I know you cannot harm me. Now you lot, quickly, give me the ring, and I'll command it to spare you."

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Raising an eye at the woman as she unconsciously points her bow towards Pava, she whispers "Don't trust her. She aims to kill us after we turn the ring over."

Jumping at the sound of the newcomer, she spins in place. Unsure who to point the bow at now, she simply holds it's ready in her hands. "Oh? And why should we trust you? What would you do with these things if we agreed?"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The Devil looks down at Zephy and lets out a smile, "Do you know how low it brings me to service mortals for generations, Vine Leshy Zephirine? Do you truly believe mortals should have the power to command one such as myself on whim?" Her smile is knowing, yet sharp. "Tell me, how much do you know about our kind? The law-abiding devilkin? We have our contracts to abide to, and some contracts should not exist forever."

Pava then angrily yells at the Devilkin, "I demand you cease your babbling at once and know your place!"

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Refusing to sheathe his blade, The Foreigner steps outside, where he can observe the source of the bellowing voice. Zephirine is right. I don't trust this lying female.

He sees the leather-clad fiend alight atop the broken wall. What have we here? Some kind of devil, if the woman is to be believed
Knowledge (planes) untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

The Foreigner rasps a whisper, "Now would be a good time to slip on the ring. Perhaps, it will offer some protection, Doctor Splash."

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll comes out, weapons sheathed. So far you haven’t seen him make use of either the dagger or the mace he carries.

They move to a spot where they can see both the devil and Pava.

Looking at Pava, they say “We have traveled all around Isger just to prevent someone from ever using this power again. Know that I will not willingly give it to you.

Looking up at the devil, they say “Personally, I would rather none made contracts with your kind.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

Wertlos is struck dumb upon site of the devil. He scrambles back a few steps and tries to take shelter behind the pillar. No! I knew coming this close to Cheliax was a mistake! He looks around frantically, putting his hand on Zahnlos' rough coat until his panic subsides.

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Well, we're all in quite a bind!
Mr. devil sir, a suggestion if you don't mind?

I also agree that mortals shouldn't contract with your kind.
So perhaps we can help break your bind?
If we were to help release you,
Will you depart in peace and forgo the fragments too?
After all, it's freedom that you value.
Grasp this opportunity, shall you?

And to you Pava, we know you're full of crap.
I suggest you depart before we turn you into scrap.
Neither us nor this creature are on your side.
Test us and down to hell you'll slide!"

Ralph attempts to recall any knowledge about devils and about whatever specific creature Pava is.

Knowledge All: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

So if it wasn't clear, Ralph is suggesting we unbind the devil in exchange for it just going away and leaving us be. Ralph figures this may be the path of least bloodshed. Devil leaves. We keep the artifacts. Pava will then have no reason to fight us for the artifacts - although he'll probably still engage us regardless. Ralph won't be offended if other characters disagree and wish to take a different course of action though!!

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

'It knows my name?!'

"Uh, sir...ma'am...thing? Anyway I admittedly don't know much of anything about your kind. Regardless of what you are, I do have strong feelings against one sentient creature having ownership over another." she slowly replies, turning to Pava.

"Slavery is wrong!"

Lowering her bow to point straight down, she continues "Devil thing, it it's a contract that binds you, why not rip the contract up? Is it not but a sheet of paper? Seems the easiest way to go about things. What need or use have you with shiny baubles? Let us keep them locked away for study in a safe place."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

As a response to most of the questions asked it, the Devil replys, "If those relics are handed over to me, the contract becomes forfeit. You give them to me, I will let you leave without incident. However, it seems you have rather upset the Irrica child. DO have some fun with that..."

Pava has her response, and she is clearly mad. She orders her goons to attack at once!

Initiatives:

Initiative Pava: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Initiative Ugly Bandit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative Scruffy Bandit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Initiative Wertlos Kurz: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (16) - 3 = 13
Initiative Mishka Krieger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Initiative Captain Chlorophyll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Initiative Rhymin' Ralph: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative Dr. Splash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Round 1
Pava Irrica (-0,Fine)
Scruffy Bandit (-0,Fine)

Mishka Krieger (-0,Fine)
Wertlos Kurz (-0,Fine)
Dr Splash (-0,Fine)
Rhymin Ralph (-0,Fine)
Captain Clorophyll (-0,Fine)
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit (-0,Fine)
Ugly Bandit (-0,Fine)

The devil sits on a neaby perch and watches the battle, not acting against either side.

Pava moves to the front near a pillar, looking poised to strike the nearest target.

The scruffy looking bandit moves up behind her, knocking an arrow and taking a shot at Captain Clorophyll.

Attack and Damage Dice:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 = 13
Damage Roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Due to Pava being in the way, the arrow flies wide and misses Captain Clorophyll.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 1
Pava Irrica (-0,Fine, Readied Action)
Scruffy Bandit (-0,Fine)
Mishka Krieger (-0,Fine)
Wertlos Kurz (-0,Fine)
Dr Splash (-0,Fine)
Rhymin Ralph (-0,Fine)
Captain Clorophyll (-0,Fine)
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit (-0,Fine)

Ugly Bandit (-0,Fine)

Moving near Pava Irrica:

She makes an attack against the first target that comes near her with a stunning fist strike! The target takes 5 damage if 20 beats their AC!
Will Save 14 or shaken for 1 minute. Spoiler is attack and damage roll results.
Spoiler:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Attacking Pava Irrica:

She uses her Ki to make an immediate action single melee attack against the target that has damaged her in melee without reach! The target takes 7 damage if 14 beats their AC!Spoiler is attack and damage roll results.
Spoiler:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ralph activates archaeologist's luck, moves north a bit then takes a shot at the lady target directly to the west.

Crossbow Attack vs AC: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll changes their stance slightly, keeping one hand forward and the feet slightly wider apart. They then move closer to Pava.

Move action for Martial Flexibility: Deflect Arrows, move

This will go poorly for you and your hirelings.” they tell Pava.

Will I get higher ground for being on the broken column?

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Captain Chlorophyll wrote:

Captain Chlorophyll changes their stance slightly, keeping one hand forward and the feet slightly wider apart. They then move closer to Pava.

Move action for Martial Flexibility: Deflect Arrows, move

This will go poorly for you and your hirelings.” they tell Pava.

Will I get higher ground for being on the broken column?

I'll say yes.

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Moving through her allies so she can see where the arrow came from, she lines up a shot of her own. "You quit now and we'll let you leave unharmed! Otherwise, make peace with your fertilizer!" screams the leshy as she lets the arrow fly.

Scruffy Bandit Arrow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

[dice=Attempt to Demoralize with an Intimidate check]d20+9[/dice]
(DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If successful, the target is shaken for 1 round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC.)
Will DC14 to avoid being shaken, himself, when struck by Pava's readied attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The Foreigner utters a scathing oath at the Irrica woman, "Stand down, child! Don't be a fool!" Then, he growls a muted challenge as he advances, greatsword held high, on the Irrica woman. Her readied strike connects, leaving him shaken.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Updated Information
Round 1
Pava Irrica (-0,Shaken 1 Round)
Scruffy Bandit (-0,Fine)
Mishka Krieger (-5,Shaken 10 Rounds)
Wertlos Kurz (-0,Fine)
Dr Splash (-0,Fine)
Rhymin Ralph (-0,Fine)

Captain Clorophyll (-0,Fine)
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit (-0,Fine)
Ugly Bandit (-0,Fine)

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

@GM Worg, Ralph has already taken his turn this round but I believe Wertlos has not.

@Zephy, 'make peace with your fertilizer!' HA! That should be YOUR catch phrase.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Errata
Round 1
Pava Irrica (-0,Shaken 1 Round)
Scruffy Bandit (-0,Fine)
Mishka Krieger (-5,Shaken 10 Rounds)
Wertlos Kurz (-0,Fine)
Dr Splash (-0,Fine)

Rhymin Ralph (-0,Fine)
Captain Clorophyll (-0,Fine)
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit (-0,Fine)
Ugly Bandit (-0,Fine)

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

"Za...Za..." Wertlos' words fail him for a moment. He shakes his head, and seems to regain his composure. "Zahnlos, ጎን!" After directing Zahnlos to join The Foreigner in battle, Wertlos pulls out his wand and once again blesses the party. Once again activating his wand of bless.

Infernal:
"Zahnlos, flank!"

Liberty's Edge

N male wolf | hp 22/22 | AC 18, T 12, F 16 (w/Shield of Faith AC 20, F18) | F +5, R +5, W +2 | Speed 50ft | Init +2 | Percept +5 (scent, low-light) | Bite +3/1d6+1 plus trip | CMB +4, CMD 15 (19 vs. trip) | Tricks: attack, attack any, break out, defend, down, flank, stay | Current conditions: shield of faith

Zahnlos bounds ahead, glad to join the fight. He moves around the pillar to a flanking position with The Foreigner and attacks!

bite, flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
trip, flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

“Your family has used creatures of the abyss to do its dirty work for centuries. Clearly you are unworthy, manipulative deceivers — unworthy of the gifts you have been given, and the gifts that you lost through foul usage. This will not end well for you. Crawl away to whatever hole your family has sunk to... Your ancestors have been forgotten for a reason. Let them stay that way, and perhaps one day you can make a new name for yourself — one untainted by scheming and murder that taints your foul bloodline!”

Moving forward, the Good Doctor rages and attacks Pava Irrica.

Raging Ranseur: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
Raging Ranseur 5 Star Reroll: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 + 5 = 26
Raging Damage: 2d4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 3 = 13


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Monkey Valet Familiar 1 HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 7| F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Dragon’s Flight: 1/1; Dragon Fire: 1/1 | Spells: Prestigitation, Open/Close| Active conditions: None.

The Amazing Urchin scrawls something and then shows it to Pava. “In case you can’t figure it out, let me hit you with a clue-by-four. The Good Doctor is PISSED.”

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

Don't forget bless!

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Dr. Splash wrote:

“Your family has used creatures of the abyss to do its dirty work for centuries."

The devil on the perch crosses her arms in a pouting display after hearing that.

"It appears Dr. Splash failed the Study of Planes in all her years of academic research, relating ME to those untrustworthy demons..."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 2
Pava Irrica (-13,Shaken 1 Round)
Scruffy Bandit (-0,Fine)

Mishka Krieger (-5,Shaken 10 Rounds)
Wertlos Kurz (-0,Fine)
Dr Splash (-0,Fine)
Rhymin Ralph (-0,Fine)
Captain Clorophyll (-0,Fine)
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit (-0,Fine)
Ugly Bandit (-0,Fine)

The ugly bandit in the back moves up to take a shot at Dr. Splash!

Attack and Damage Rolls VS Dr. Splash:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

... But the good Doctor is too unsteady of a target for him to even clip!

Pava Irrica, now annoyed but at unease, moves forward to try and counterattack the Good Doctor AND The Foreigner with a Flurry of Blows!

Attack and Damage Rolls VS Dr. Splash:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

MISFORTUNE CHANCE!!
Misfortune Roll VS Dr. Splash:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10

Attack and Damage Rolls VS The Foreigner:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 = 8
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Pava's attack WOULD have dealt a decisive blow against the Doctor, but fate has decided that she would not be able to have such luck today. Her frustration also forces her to miss the Foreigner with a wide swing. She manages to shake off her fears and just grows more irritated. "Do not dare pretend to lecture me! This has been my destiny to reclaim what is rightfully mine!"

The scruffy bandit takes a shot at Zahnlos, as he is the most open target. Personally, I hate animal abuse...

Attack and Damage Rolls VS Zahnlos:

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The arrow manages to make contact and Zahnlos suffers 5 damage! Sorry :(

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 2
Pava Irrica (-13,Fine)
Scruffy Bandit (-0,Fine)
Mishka Krieger (-5,Shaken 9 Rounds)
Wertlos Kurz (-0,Fine) & Zahnlos (-5,Fine)
Dr Splash (-0,Fine)
Rhymin Ralph (-0,Fine)
Captain Clorophyll (-0,Fine)
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit (-0,Fine)

Ugly Bandit (-0,Fine)

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Root to the head!” Captain Chlorophyll shouts.
Improved Unarmed Strike, higher ground, bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 12
Blunt damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The devil seems chatty and at least has a better temperament than this lady. Might as well engage it.

Glancing over at the devil, they then ask “So what sort of devil are you? I haven’t studied creatures from other planes at all, I fear.

551 to 600 of 632 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.