PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H (Inactive)

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

9.16 Fallen Family, Broken Name


1 to 50 of 632 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Society Subscriber | Venture Agent

A 3 star GM by the name of Worg tries new waters and territories in the Play by Post world.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

As is his early morning habit, Krieger stands in Skyreach’s Great Hall, cup of steaming jasmine tea in one hand and absently grasping his mother's zoic fetish in the other. He leans over the Atlas Tableaux, poring over its illusory map of the Inner Sea region as new Pathfinder reports come in.

Hmmm. This report from the Almas Lodge sounds interesting. The Goblinblood Wars that ravaged Isger more than a decade ago didn't just set fire to villages; it destroyed families. Among these was the wealthy Irrica family, all but one who perished during this tumultuous time. Now that Isger's government has begun declassifying reports, the Pathfinder Society has learned that the Irricas commanded some supernatural force that convinced even the mighty House Thrune to give them space. With these leads now public knowledge, the Society seeks to piece together the broken family's history and recover this secret weapon before it falls into the wrong hands.

If I want to get myself assigned to this team, I'd better get moving. He flips through the scant document and focuses in on the administrative data on the report. The reports officer is listed as Kyle "Worg" H.

Krieger glances down at the object in his left hand. His Minkaian mother, Hwang Fei, had crafted the small charm out of twined braids of her own hair and a lump of black granite, an abstract representation of a dire bear, symbol of the Bearpelt following, the people of his Kellid father, the Mighty Kuldor. His Tian mother had told him the fetish was enchanted with powerful druidic magic.

Krieger is an impressive figure, 6'4" tall and weighing some 14 stone. His mixed heritage makes it difficult for most to place his origins. His formal bearing hints at military service. In fact, he had served in the army of Po La the Bureaucrat, the Tian leader of Icestair, the largest settlement in the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, wedged against the wall of ice that marks the edge of the Crown of the World.

Letting go of the fetish, Krieger scratches his chest through his noble's attire, a gift from Taldor's Princess Eutropia for services rendered. The signet ring on his forefinger, another gift from the princess, bears the sigil of his new, noble house, the clawed paw of a dire bear. The wicked scars on his body, a constant reminder of his initiation into the Bearpelt following, are concealed by the fine silk shirt and satin waistcoat.

"Woe unto the foe who sees these scars," he whispers, a grim determination furrowing his brow.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

As you make your way through thunderous rainstorm that plagues the districts of Absalom, you find yourself drawn to the Wounded Wisp tavern to look for potential work or reward. The venture captains have been occupied as they tend to their own issues and squabbles, not paying heed to the needs of the fresh adventurer.
Whether you have found yourself returning to Absalom from another excursion, or are fresh faced and seek to stake your claim in the world, you know the comforts of the Wounded Wisp draws the ire of many grand tales and stories yet to be told. It is a fine place to start, and to be out of the storm that pounds heavy rain against the city you have known for so long.
The usual comforts are here; gentle music playing a comforting tune, the smell of ale wafting through the air, the pine tables and floors that creak under your boot steps. The bell rings as you push through the door, alerting the barrmaid to your entry. She bids you welcome, and readies a pint just for you, with a serving of the special of today. She lets you know this is a courtesy of a prospective hire looking for some adventurers in one week's time to help with an important job.
The barmaid points over to a table in the far corner, near the fireplace that crackles with a fresh log.
Near it, you will meet your party for the upcoming trials and tribulations that will take place in one week's time.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

A small green creature enters and goes up to the bar. It sort of looks like it is made out of green ropes tied with colorful flowers for decoration. It is doubtful it is even three foot tall. It is wearing darkleaf armor and carries a wooden shield.

They ask the barmaid "Would it be possible to get some dandelion wine?"

Waiting patiently for their drink, they look around to see who else is here.

Taking the cup of wine, it goes to the table in the far corner. It stretches its arm out and grabs the back of the chair to hoist itself up, then stands on the seat of the chair so that it is at the right height for the table.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

A cheerful halfling in adventurer's garb and a fedora looks at the party and says,

"Hello everybody,
Rhymin' Ralph is what they call me!
As a child I grew up on the streets of Absalom.
But sadly, I never knew my mom.
Then one day I fell through a hole and knocked my head.
Everybody thought, 'Oh no, that poor kid, he's dead!'
I woke up though, not deceased.
Just my rhyming propensity increased.
Turned out I fell into a tomb,
And it was just the most fascinating room.
In an instant, I took a liking to archaeology.
Rescued by a learned man, he taught me for free.
Since then, I've always had a halfling archaeologist's luck.
Now, please pass the wine skin, I'd like a... suck??"

He looks around for a drink...

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

The sapling at the table claps enthusiastically at Ralph's entrance. They then wave Ralph over to their table. "Please come join me, Ralph!"

Looking towards the barmaid, they tap their cup and ask "Can I get a carafe and a second cup?"

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

"Greetings, Rhymin' Ralph. Captain Chlorophyll. My name is Mishka Krieger." The nobleman shakes their hands. "What do you know about our mission? I've never been to Isger myself, and I look forward to my first visit."

The man's armor and weapon are of fine quality, the greatsword of masterwork craftsmanship and the lamellar armor made of rare, darkleaf cloth. His appearance is Kellid, but his almond-shaped green eyes and manner suggest Tian influence.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

"I haven't had an opportunity to visit there yet, all I know is what I've heard from others or read about."

They pause to take a sip from their wine cup as they consider the question.

"As I understand it, Isger is supposed to be a good place for Gnome to raise families. I'm hoping that means there is a lot of sylvan areas there."

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

As the others begin discussing the possibilities, a dark green mass of vines slides under the door. Bright lavender flowers stand out all over the creatures body. Calmly taking in the room, half a dozen flowers suddenly burst into plump berries.

The creature nods to Captain Chlorophyll and begins making her way towards the group. She plucks a single berry and tosses it in her mouth. "YUM! Hey there! It's nice to see one of our own out in the world."

"Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit, but you can call me Zephy if you'd like." Pointing to the berries hanging from her body, she smiles. "Anyone hungry? Feel free."

#:

Goodberry: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

"Thank you, Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit. I haven't had a goodberry since I was a child. My mother, Hwang Fei, was a druid from Minkai." Krieger munches on one of the magical pickled berries.

"A single berry is like a full meal. Fond memories. My name is Mishka Krieger." He shakes the vine leshy's hand.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Smiling, Chlor turns to the newcomer. This one looks tough!

Hello Zephy! I am Captain Chlorophyll, the Green Knight of Taldor, defender of the gourd!

You are the first other leshy I’ve met who has joined the Society. Where did you sprout?

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Another pitcher of ale please while you're up and about!" says Ralph to the barmaid.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The maid brings another round and refills everyone's glasses, including the dandelion wine. She also brings a Dire Boar Roast platter with grilled eggplant.

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Krieger catches the eye of the barmaid, "Please, young lady, let me offer a tip now, before we enjoy this fine meal and drink." (5gp)

He whispers in her ear and smiles an invitation. The choice is hers.

Vigilante Social Talent:
Companion to the Lonely (Ex) (Inner Sea Intrigue pg. 33): Whether religiously motivated, as are followers of Arshea, Calistria, or Shelyn, or for purely carnal reasons, physical intimacy helps the vigilante cope with the loneliness of his double life. Once per day, the vigilante can spend at least 1 hour engaged in acts of physical pleasure with a willing partner to gain a pool of morale points equal to his Charisma bonus or his partner’s Charisma bonus, whichever is higher. For the next 24 hours, the vigilante can spend a morale point as an immediate action to roll a Charisma-based skill check or a Will saving throw again after rolling the die but before learning the consequences; he must take the second result even if it is lower.

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The maid offers a sly little wink to Krieger, and then disappears behind a door, clearly an invitation to the cellar of the Wounded Wisp, when suddenly the reel rips and the man in the projector room is just heard cussing, as he tries to repair the film.
Eventually he fixes the film reel, and the session continues, Krieger having returned to the table and the rest of the party eating the meal.
Per Movie Theater Management: We apologize for any inconvenience this has made. Krieger receives his bonus from his Talent.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Friends, maybe it's just in my mind or perhaps I'm losing my wits...
But I feel as though something meta happened and we missed out on some juicy bits...?"

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Looking to the others, Chlorophyll says “I hope that she isn’t sending them to one of the old siege castles near here. I was sent to explore one that turned out to be occupied by some very violent lizard things!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Monkey Valet Familiar 1 HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 7| F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Dragon’s Flight: 1/1; Dragon Fire: 1/1 | Spells: Prestigitation, Open/Close| Active conditions: None.

On Dr. Splash’s shoulder, the Amazing Urchin takes out his pen as he surveys the Wounded Wisp and scribbles.

It was three o’clock on a Friday, and Dr. Splash and I decided to keep our appointment at the Wounded Wisp. It was a classier joint than the Pig’s Paunch, but that’s not hard. The crowd was a fairly typical mix of adventurers, low-lifes and scum. Not a dragon in sight. However, I noticed right away that the place took some pride in its decorative plants, which were chatting merrily with some of the clientele.

It’s a good thing that I’m here with Dr. Splash. The good doctor’s still wet behind the ears when it comes to life in the rough tumble world that lies beyond Hermea, but I’m here to watch and report. Who knows? Maybe we’ll even find some worthy recruits to bring back to Hermea. Stranger things have happened.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

“What are you writing Urchin? We haven’t even started!” Dr. Splash smiles down at the golden monkey, and then looks around. Splash’s elven eyes widen as they take in the room full of adventurers, but then smiles graciously to the somewhat rumpled-looking bar maid. “Hello, I’m Dr. Splash. Can you show me to the Pathfinder table?”

Making their way to the table, Splash smiles, extending their hand to Rhymin Ralph, Mishka and the two leshies. “How do you do?” they say coolly and formally. “I’m Dr. Splash, and this is my sea monkey, the Amazing Urchin. Are you to be my teammates today?’ The elf’s skin is gold-colored, and their hair is light blue, waving back and forth like the sea itself. “Tell me, where are you from, and what do you do? I’m a scholar of sorts.”


Male Monkey Valet Familiar 1 HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 7| F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Dragon’s Flight: 1/1; Dragon Fire: 1/1 | Spells: Prestigitation, Open/Close| Active conditions: None.

Urchin doesn’t look up, but keeps writing. The good doctor just shook hands with a rhododendron.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll” they say as they gesture towards an open seat. “Would you like some dandelion wine?” pointing to the carafe.

If your mission is to Isger, it is likely the same one as I am being sent on.

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

"I sprouted in the Mwangi Expanse." replies Zephirine cheerily. "Though I miss the heat, it's been fun wandering about the world."

Tentatively, she tries the ale. "Oh, that's not half bad."

As the maid and the man disappear, she turns to the Captain, "Wha..what just happened? I feel...dirty for some reason..."

Greatfully taking the good doctors hand, she nods. "Yes, I do believe I am assigned to you this day. Might I inquire as to your skills? Personally, I like to prick foes with my thorns when the need requires it."

"Oh, I'm Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit. You may call me Zephy if you'd like and feel free to help youirself to a berry."

Naturally I'll be using Arrows with the bow, but thorns sounds like fun flavor

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

A small, scarred halfling regards your party at a distance, accompanied by a smallish wolf. He seems to be watching your conversation for a moment, his eyes focused on the face of whoever's speaking. "አከናዋኝ", he says to the wolf as he slowly walks over.

"You must be the Pathfinders headed to Isger" he says, as he approaches the table. "My name's Wertlos, and this is Zahnlos. Greetings."

Liberty's Edge

N male wolf | hp 22/22 | AC 18, T 12, F 16 (w/Shield of Faith AC 20, F18) | F +5, R +5, W +2 | Speed 50ft | Init +2 | Percept +5 (scent, low-light) | Bite +3/1d6+1 plus trip | CMB +4, CMD 15 (19 vs. trip) | Tricks: attack, attack any, break out, defend, down, flank, stay | Current conditions: shield of faith

The wolf wags his tail and stares at the halfling as they approach. Once he's satisfied that things at the table are friendly, he begins to snuffle around the floor, looking for something to eat.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Me too! I sprouted near the forests outside Nantambu.

In response to Zephy mentioning feeling dirty, Chlorophyll quietly says “I think it is a mammal thing. When I asked one about it once, they just turned cherry red and mumbled.

——

When the halfling and wolf come over, Chlorophyll smiles and introduces himself as well.

Looking to the wolf and then back to Wertlos, he gestures at the meat and asks “Do you mind if I feed them?

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

Wertlos looks around at the other Pathfinders, and around the rest of the tavern. It's not until Captain Chlorophyll gestures toward Zahnlos that Wertlos realizes he's being spoken to. "Pardon me, my attention had wandered and I cannot hear. What were you saying?" This time, Wertlos stares at Captain Chlorophyll's face to read the leshy's lips. "Ah, I see. Feel free to give him something. Be warned though," he says with a chuckle, "once you feed him you may not have any peace from him. That dog loves to eat."

What pronouns do you prefer for Captain Chlorophyll? You've used both they and him thus far.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

The use of himself/him was a mistake. They is preferred.

Taking a couple of slices of the meat, Chlorophyll holds them below the table where Zahnlos can easily get to them.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

Dr. Splash sits gracefully at the table, folding their long legs under them. “Zephirine Tanglefruit, you wish to know my skills? My skills are simple. I am a scholar, an envoy and a bit of a generalist. I have a good sense of balance, and am an excellent swimmer. I may not be as formidable in a fight as you might be with those thorns of yours, but I hold my own.”

Then they look around at the halflings, the leshies, and the wolf. “I must say, I have never felt so tall as I do around all of you.”

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit wrote:
"You may call me Zephy if you'd like and feel free to help youirself to a berry."

"Thank you kindly... Oh nice! I taste a hint of cherry!"

Captain Chlorophyll wrote:
Do you mind if I feed them?

"Beautiful wolf isn't he? A real gem!"

Wertlos Kurz wrote:
"once you feed him you may not have any peace from him. That dog loves to eat."

"Had a dog once, she kept lickin' my feet!"

Dr. Splash wrote:
“I must say, I have never felt so tall as I do around all of you.”

"Aye! Bein' small, I'm usually ignored and left to stew!"

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:
Rhymin' Ralph wrote:
"Aye! Bein' small, I'm usually ignored and left to stew!"

Chlorophyll gives a slight shudder.

I’ve heard of that! Must have been horrible.

They give you a puzzled look before asking “How did you ever escape the cauldron?

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Good thing you're not a person incorrigible.

Y'see 'stew' has multiple definitions, unlike the word 'pauldron.'

Stew is a food but can also means a state of agitation,

Like how you'd feel if your forest was on fire without a nearby fire station!"

With a big, big smile, Ralph raises his glass.

"Now, exclaim cheers with me Cap Chloro!

For we've learned a thing today and will learn even more on the 'morrow!"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The trip to Isger is long, but uneventful. First by boat to the trade routes through Augustana and then north by caravans, passing the eastern side of the Aspodell Mountains and the Arthfell Forest.
After 10 days of travel you and your colleagues arrive to Isger's capital; Elidir.
Upon arriving, you are met by a mysterious figure who invites you into a nearby tavern...

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

During the second part of the trip, Captain Chlorophyll enjoys sunning themself on the deck each day. "Plenty of sunlight and fresh water. This is wonderful!"

They are somewhat disappointed by the person meeting them though. Not even a hello, or exchange of names? I don't recall anything about this being a secret mission, did I miss something?

They try to remedy that on the short trip to the tavern.

"Thank you for meeting us! I'm Captain Chlorophyll, the Green Knight of Taldor, Defender of the gourd. What is your name?"

They alternate between walking and taking short jogs so that they can keep up with the mysterious figure.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

From underneath the hood he wears you are able to put a name to the face. Venture Captain Brackett of the Almas Lodge in Andoran. Your studies of Venture Captains in Absalom help you discern that quickly and know to not make a show of who he is under these circumstances.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

They wilt a little bit under the glare of the hooded person, and quiet down for the moment.

Guess it is one of those secret missions. They really should tell us that before sending us off on the boat!

They take one last look at the sun before following into the tavern. ...and why can’t these clandestine meetings ever happen in an open glade or something! Someplace you can see what is around you!

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

As you and your colleagues move through the Short Sorcerer Tavern, it is relatively empty and quiet save for a few employees who are turning over chairs from the tables that hold them. The private environment almost feels oppressive as they share only minute glances your direction before returning to their work.
Venture Captain Brackett takes you through the kitchen into a far back meeting room, where he pulls out a chair at the table provided.
“I need you to investigate the Irrica family of central Isger,” Brackett begins while taking a seat. “The Eagle Knights have finally released their documents from the early days of the Goblinblood Wars, when they fought alongside Hellknights and Druman mercenaries to contain the goblin invasion up north.”
He nods curtly at a young man across the room, who wears the golden epaulets of an Eagle Knight. “Captain Bascomb?”
The officer steps forward smartly. “The Irricas were supporters of House Thrune during the Chelish Civil War. After the Thrune family came to power, the Irricas stood up to a Thrune official’s extortion attempts. The Thrune agent apparently disappeared, and rumor was that the Irricas killed him using some sort of supernatural aid. The Irricas were not punished for their transgression; on the contrary, the family received several lucrative contracts from House Thrune and became quite influential regionally. ”
Brackett’s eyes narrow. “Anything that could scare House Thrune into inaction is not something we want left lying around. Go to the Irricas’ summer estate and find out what sort of supernatural aid the Irricas had. It is 14 days ride from horseback to the Estate, and you will have lodging provided here for the duration of your stay. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

To see what you may possibly know about the Irrica Family, you may attempt the following skill checks.
Knowledge Local
Diplomacy (Gather Information)
Reply to this post.


Male Monkey Valet Familiar 1 HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 7| F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Dragon’s Flight: 1/1; Dragon Fire: 1/1 | Spells: Prestigitation, Open/Close| Active conditions: None.

It was Wednesday after lunch, and Venture Brackett approached us with his hood up like that was supposed to hide his identity. Really? Where do humans learn their spy techniques... Must have been from one of those budget correpondence courses.

So we’re supposed to poke around the estate of a haunted house? Yeah, that will end well.

Knowledge Local, Irrica Family: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

When Urchin is done scribbling, he shows his note to Rhymin' Ralph. The halfling was a fellow wordsmith, and so might appreciate the finer points of Urchin's memoir style.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

"The Short Sorceror?" Hermea glances at Venture Captain Brackett suspiciously. Did he know we were coming? Then she notices all the halflings wandering about in Almas, and sighs as she tries to fit herself uncomfortably on a short bar stool. Her legs stretch out awkwardly in front of her. "Blast. This is like sitting on doll furniture!" Then her eyebrows raise. "Oh. That's the point, isn't it? Is this how all of you feel in taverns built for taller humanoids?"

Knowledge Local, Take Ten: 10 + 6 = 16

She listens to Brackett's explanations, with mounting confusion and amazement. Human politics. "House Thrune... Wasn't that the Royal Family that made pacts with devils? I too wonder what Irrica would have found to protect themselves. A dragon? An angel? Or some other fiend?"

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Meeting the cloaked Venture-Captain, Krieger nods in approval at the man's cautious nature. Once in the privacy of the Short Sorcerer Tavern's back room, he clasps Brackett's forearm. "Well met, sir. Mishka Krieger is my name. It will be an honor to serve you and your lodge."

His eyebrows rise at the sight of an Eagle Knight. He gives the Andoren officer a respectful bow. "Captain Bascomb, thank you for sharing what you know about the Irrica family and their history."

He repeats the venture-captain's mission statement. "'Go to the Irricas’ summer estate and find out what sort of supernatural aid the Irricas had.' Do we need to arrange for our own transportation? Do you have a map, or will we need a guide? Will you receive our progress reports here or elsewhere?"

Knowledge (local) re the Irrica family: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Diplomacy (gather information) re the Irrica family: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Krieger believes he's heard the Irrica name before, and he tries to learn more about them in discreet conversations with some of the locals.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Diplomacy, Gather information: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Not knowing much about the family, Ralph is full of questions...

"What is the current state of the Irrica family?
Do any still live?
Or are they all dead and spoken of clammily,
Just ash and dust through a sieve?"

"And what of the estate's condition?
People residing there with smiles?
Or is this a dangerous mission,
With the home haunted and abandoned for miles?"

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

Wertlos positions himself so that he can clearly see the faces of both Venture-Captain Brackett and Captain Bascomb. He grins at the mention of the Thrune agent's disappearance. "Anything that scares house Thrune is a friend of mine, though it doesn't mean it's not dangerous."

Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Kn: Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Although amused by Dr. Splash's commentary on the furniture, Chlorophyll tries to hide it. Experience has shown most Venture Captains do not welcome distractions during a briefing.

As others start to talk about the Irrica family, Chlorophyll listens, hoping to learn more. They seem to know more about this than I. Still, it seems something is missing.

Finally they ask Brackett and Boscomb "Why do we need to keep this a secret? Are you building some sort of case against the Irraca family? How big is the family?"

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

A slight giggle escapes her lips at Dr Splash's question, though she stifles it quickly.

'Wow' considers the leshy as her companions dive in with their questions, she looks to each with admiration. 'They are true, experienced pathfinders! I hope I don't embarass them...'

Though she tries to be helpful and gain some knowledge from the staff nearby, they seem to ignore her attempts.

As the last question is posed by the captain, she raises a viny tendril. "Uh, sir...these are all good questions, but they seem to have missed one. Is it sunny there? How is the plant life? Is it flourishing?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Mishka Krieger wrote:


He repeats the venture-captain's mission statement. "'Go to the Irricas’ summer estate and find out what sort of supernatural aid the Irricas had.' Do we need to arrange for our own transportation? Do you have a map, or will we need a guide? Will you receive our progress reports here or elsewhere?"

"I will be stationed here, away from my Andoran post for some time, you can report directly back to this tavern. To answer your second question, the good news is there are horses prepared for your trip."

With that, Brackett pulls out a map on the table, and pinpoints the routes needed to travel to the estate.

Dr. Splash wrote:


She listens to Brackett's explanations, with mounting confusion and amazement. Human politics. "House Thrune... Wasn't that the Royal Family that made pacts with devils? I too wonder what Irrica would have found to protect themselves. A dragon? An angel? Or some other fiend?"

The Eagle Knight Captain, Bascomb, steps forward.

"The throne of Cheliax, led by Queen Abrogail III, aligned itself with the forces of hell when Aroden fell."

Rhymin' Ralph wrote:


"And what of the estate's condition?
People residing there with smiles?
Or is this a dangerous mission,
With the home haunted and abandoned for miles?"

The Venture Captain nods to the singing Halfling.

"Uncertain, but you should prepare for whatever dangers you could expect from such a place, be it living or undead."

Captain Clorophyl wrote:


Finally they ask Brackett and Boscomb "Why do we need to keep this a secret? Are you building some sort of case against the Irraca family? How big is the family?"

Captain Brackett gives a grim frown. "House Thrune has many eyes and ears, and if their spooked by something then it will be a matter of time that they silence anyone trying to seek it out, or someone else might. You can understand that we should not take chances with something of that caliber."

Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit wrote:


As the last question is posed by the captain, she raises a viny tendril. "Uh, sir...these are all good questions, but they seem to have missed one. Is it sunny there? How is the plant life? Is it flourishing?"

The Eagle Knight lets out a slight chuckle. "An abandoned manor? Perhaps you can fix that up, cause whatever flourished out there has probably not seen tending in years."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The Amazing Urchin
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit
Wertlos Kurz
You learn of only rumors that amount to little interest.

Captain Chlorophyll
Rhymin' Ralph
You manage to learn some information.
The Irricas were an influential Isgeri family allied with House Thrune of Cheliax. They were based out of Elidir but often traveled the countryside in their dealings as merchants.

Dr. Splash
You learn some helpful information.
The Irrica family had a summer home on the south shore of the Conerica River, where they conducted business and entertained guests from across Isger and Cheliax. The last of them died defending this estate, which was more exposed to goblin attacks than their other holdings.

Mishka Krieger
You learn some valuable information.
Rutillo Irrica’s will was filed in Elidir in 4680 ar, but few of the people named in it survived the Goblinblood Wars, and no more recent will has been found. Other than a few personal items, none of the Irrica estate has been distributed.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Chlorophyll cocks their head to the side, considering. Then they straighten up and nod. "Thanks for explaining. Now it makes sense why we need to be careful!" Maybe I need to always assume the mission is secret until told otherwise? That might work.

The small leshy stands on a chair so that they can see where on the map the captain is pointing to. Looking up, they ask "May we borrow a copy of the map?"

"I know that the Irrica family were merchants. Does anyone happen to know what they traded in?"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

If you wish to make any last minute purchases in Elidir, this would be the opportunity.
The Venture Captain then hands you a note.
"Take this to the Irontail Stables just south down the road. They will provide you the horses to the Estate and back."
He then turns to Captain Clorophyll, "By all means, go ahead and copy the map."
He then turns to the rest of the room. "Once you are ready, you may head out."

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Society Subscriber | Venture Agent
GM Worg wrote:


It is 14 days ride from horseback to the Estate, and you will have lodging provided here for the duration of your stay."

Errata: It is not 14 days from Elidir to the estate. It is only 2. My apologies.

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Keeping quiet as the man answers each question, Zephirine climbs onto the table. Making her way to the edge of the map, she looks down.

"Oh, ok. That seems fair. As long as the plants are doing ok, its not a problem for them to be running wilde."

'Memorize...memorize...memorize' squinting hard at the map, she struggles to commit the strange lines and markings to memory.

"Oh! Good idea Captain! Yeah, can we take this with?"

'That would be soooo much easier.'

1 to 50 of 632 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.