PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H (Inactive)

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

9.16 Fallen Family, Broken Name


51 to 100 of 632 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

Wertlos quietly takes out a journal and his scrivner's kit and begins to reproduce the map as best he can.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

"Some say the Irrica family were voracious vegetarians." Krieger delivers deadpan.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

After riding through the planes and flatlands for two days, you finally arrive to Irrica Estate. A building of gothic architecture that stretches two stories high. The front doors show many scorch marks and signs of rot. The plant life and vegetation is growing haphazardly, sprouting out of stonework in the ground and patched between soft spots of soil and rot.
The trees surrounding the manor's front entry way are a mix of scorched and blackened shambles that once sprouted life, and tall insect-worn trees that have given way to moss and mushrooms that sprout as a fungus across the surfaces, forcing some to have fallen over and become soft to the touch with rot and age.
We may proceed to the first map.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Looking at the estate, Chlorophyll says “They need a better gardener!

Looking to Mishka, they say “Probably ate the last one given what you said.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Turning slowly towards Mishka, a few petals fall off their vines. "That...MURDER! Perhaps they got what they deserved then..."

Eyeing the exterior, "Well, it does seem abandoned. Should we try the door? Or is it better to find alternative entrances?"

Assuming her experienced companions are ok with the more direct approach, she makes her way up the stairs and quietly tries the first door she comes to.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"It appears our suspicions are true.
People no longer reside here.
But no matter the dangers we step through,
we shall know little fear!"

Ralph pulls out his crossbow and ensures it's loaded then signals his readiness to proceed in.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The small archways open onto the balcony. The area up here is coated with dried leaves and twigs. There is some summer patio furniture here, which has rotted cloth that has been torn several times over by rodents and insects.
The door appears rotted, but sturdy.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

To the north appears to be where a tall window was once, with the only evidence left of its existence is shards of broken glass.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Seeing Zephy move so quietly, Chlorophyll decides to see if they can do that too.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 I assume this area doesn’t count as forest.

When they get to the porch, they look up. They whisper to Zephy “There is a lot of rotted wood. What do you think of climbing to the upper story. I have rope.

Liberty's Edge

NG Kellid-Tian Male Pathfinder-5 | HP 39/43 | AC 19 / 12 T / 17 FF | CMD 20 (22 vs Awesome Blow)| Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Uncomfortable moving directly up to the main entrance without having first carried out a reconnaissance of the estate's perimeter, Krieger lets the others move forward.

Taking advantage of the brief privacy, he turns around, facing away from his companions. He loosens the bindings of his hair and armor...

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

The Foreigner turns around, coal black hair cascading halfway down his back, terrible scars visible on his chest, indelible pain left by the claws of a dire bear. He casts his killer's gaze over the manor's dilapidated exterior, scanning for threats.

Drawing his greatsword, he stalks up to join his companions on the veranda.
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"It would be prudent to look for other ingress and egress points, before we choose our point of entry. Danger likely lurks within these walls." The Foreigner's whisper rasps like the grave.

He looks over the veranda for signs of traps, recent occupation, doors and windows suitable for entering the manor.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

Wertlos is startled by the sudden appearance of The Foreigner, spinning around and momentarily dropping his longspear. His alarm sets Zahnlos to growling, his ears flattening as his eyes lock on the newcomer. "ወደ ታች", Wertlos commands, and the wolf stops growling, though his eyes remain on The Foreigner. "I'm sorry, I did not notice you arrive." Wertlos picks up his spear and continues scanning the area for dangers.

Perception (sight only): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 -4 on opposed perception.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Chlorophyll jumps slightly when he hears the whisper.

Looking back, they are perplexed by what they see. "The advice sounds good, but who are you?" he quietly asks.

I'm fine with walking the perimeter if that is what people want.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

Doctor Splash is startled by the Foreigner as well. “Wait a minute. Wasn’t Mishka here just a minute ago?”

They step cautiously in, also looking around for traps and other hazards.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

“Who are you, and what are you doing here?”


Male Monkey Valet Familiar 1 HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 7| F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Dragon’s Flight: 1/1; Dragon Fire: 1/1 | Spells: Prestigitation, Open/Close| Active conditions: None.

So there we were, in the crumbling old ruin. You’d never see a dump like this back in Hermea. Mengkare likes to keep things safe and tidy. Still, we were far from home, and we had a job to do.

Given the smell of mulch and mildew, I thought that free-roaming foliage would be right at home, but they were nervous too. Between the dank furnishings, and rotted floors, the place smelled of...

★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

Urchin pauses in his compulsive note taking, and scribbles to Rhymin’ Ralph. What’s a good smell word for ‘despair’? I want to hit the right tone here.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Then he gestures to the Foreigner, and writes, And who’s this guy? Look, if there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s someone trespassing on the turf where we’re trespassing. It makes us look like a two bit amateur outfit.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Perception Check Results
Dr. Splash
Wertlos Kurz
The Foreigner

There are faint signs of some recent activity, but as to when is hard to discern. Survival Check to Learn More.
The inside is too dark to see through the windows.
The canopy in front of the large rotted door appears safe to traverse.

Stealth Check Results
Zephirine Drouhin Tanglefruit
Captain Chlorophyll

You sneak close to the perimeter of the canopy, making certain that no trail to follow you will be spotted easily. The window to the north appears to be a point of entry, should you wish to avoid the large door. You take note of the shattered glass on the ground and realize they may be loud, perhaps hazardous, if not treaded with caution.

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Foreigner, you appear to be a very skilled chap.
And I feel as though your appearance isn't a lark.
Quick someone give me a slap,
For this Foreigner reminds me of a man named Clark!"

Ralph will join in walking the perimeter as well.


Male Monkey Valet Familiar 1 HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 7| F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Dragon’s Flight: 1/1; Dragon Fire: 1/1 | Spells: Prestigitation, Open/Close| Active conditions: None.

Survival, Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Urchin pauses to point out things to Dr. Splash. After all, the Good Doctor’s helpless without me.

Then Urchin whacks Rhymin’ Ralph on the shoulder and then scribbles again, sticking the notes under the halfling’s nose.. What? I’m not good enough to talk to? Sheesh.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 + an extra 2 to get along in the wild, endure severe weather, avoid getting lost, spot natural hazards, and predict weather

“Hold on a moment,” Dr. Splash says, looking over the area with their keen elven eyes. “Something went through here, and I don’t think it was this person,” Splash points at the Foreigner. “His boot prints don’t match what we have here.”

I also have Darkvision through my Aquatic heritage, if that matters.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Aid, Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Captain Chlorophyll comes over to try and figure out what Dr. Splash is looking for. They point out a few broken leaves and an imprint on some moss, asking “Is this important?

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

Survival, Aid Dr. Splash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
The Foreigner looks over the subtle signs that something has disturbed the area around the manor's main entrance.

While his companions are startled at his appearance, upon reflection, they recognize their companion, Krieger, beneath The Foreigner's lethal persona. The change in the man is as much attitude and demeanor as it is physical.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

As Dr. Splash looks again at the boots, they recognize that the boots are identical to Krieglers’. They touch the Foreigner’s cheek lightly. “Remarkable. How do you hide the scars in your other persona so well? I don’t think I’ve seen so abrupt a transformation outside of the Kitsune race before. Is this something you do often?”

The tone is calm and curious, but also excited and oddly hopeful. What an interesting talent. I wonder if it will interest Mengkare. This isn’t the sort of thing needed back home, but how useful it would be to have in an envoy!

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Talking to the Urchin, Ralph says,

"Oh my forgive me, I'm blind as I bat.
But perhaps 'ruin' is the word for you?
If I miss another note please thump me stat!
Or even hit me with a shoe!"

Ralph will also examine the area...

Survival, Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Monkey Valet Familiar 1 HP 6/6 | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 7| F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft, Climb 30ft | Dragon’s Flight: 1/1; Dragon Fire: 1/1 | Spells: Prestigitation, Open/Close| Active conditions: None.

The monkey uses the Pathfinder Call Sign for thank you, extending hand from lips like he were blowing a kiss. Then he scribbles again, Between the dank furnishings, and rotted floors, the place smelled of ruin. Ruined hopes. Ruined dreams, Ruined present, past and future for those who once called this place home.

He writes happily, and then shows his pages to Rhymin’ Ralph, hoping that the wordsmith would like his prose.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Something is on the ground... Survival DC 20

Spoiler:

There is a distinct boot print that follows a vaguely visible path. If it weren't for a possible rain storm some days ago, this print might not even be here.

The position and trailing of the print leads you to believe it goes towards the back of the estate.

The window is clearly the best route! Acrobatics DC 10

Spoiler:

The window is full of jagged glass, but with your skills and capabilities you manage to climb through without getting snagged, and without causing too much noise.

The door is clearly the best option! We just need to picklock it! Disable Device DC 25

Spoiler:

The door, while now unlocked, is still stuck. It seems someone went through the trouble of barricading it from the inside.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

Dr. Splash raises an eyebrow as they study the marks on the ground with the aid of the others. “This Bootprint goes to the back of the estate!”

Do we pick only one of the three, or are we supposed to attempt all three?

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

If needed, Dr. Splash can easily make their way through the window. However, they’d be more likely to smash the glass with their ranseur and then have the Amazing Urchin prestidigitate the shards neatly away so that the rest of the party can follow.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

You can pick which of the three you fancy.

In the map the top area shows where there are broken glass shards and the window to attempt.

The door is the big 10ft door in the little gazebo area.

I also tried to draw footprints that show someone was moving around the manor.

As your collective Survival check beat the DC20, you have access to that spoiler, and are aware that there are boot prints leading around the house.

Feel free to discuss which option you all would like to take.

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

"I'm afraid I'm no good at this sort of thing. I'll have to follow one of you in."

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

“Let’s follow the footprint, then. It looks pretty fresh, and maybe we can question the person who made it,” Dr. Splash decides. “Besides, Mishka suggested that we secure the perimeter. Let’s do that, and then I’ll either break the glass on the window — we can’t wreck it more, really — or perhaps we’ll figure out how to get past the locks in this place. Sound like a good plan?”

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

"Yes, the back door can often be a safer entry. Fewer unwelcome consequences." The Foreigner delivers in a raspy, inscrutable whisper.

"If necessary, I'll try to bypass the lock." He pats the masterwork tools strapped to his thigh in a compact leather bundle.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The footprints lead through the untended shrubs and brushes that litter their foliage all across the ground. There is a path that would have not otherwise been obvious that it leads through, towards the back of the Estate.

Here you find a stairwell that leads up to another door. It is currently open slightly, with what appears to be a chair positioned in the way of it closing.

The backyard of the estate appears to have evidence of being a lush garden at one point, but that no longer is the case. Concrete slabs meant to separate and segregate the plant life have shattered from weather and erosion from age, and now all that remains is wilted shrubs that have died long ago.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Captain Chlorophyll looks on sadly at all the dead plants. They really need a proper gardener here! I wonder what killed them?

When they see the open door, they suggest "Zephy, you seem the most skilled at moving quietly. Would you mind checking for danger?" as they point in the direction of the back door.

They allow Zephy and any others to move forward first. As she nears the door, they move as far as the base of the stairs -- near enough so that they can quickly come help but hopefully far enough back to not attract any attention.
Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

The Foreigner surveys the approach and, if it looks safe, climbs the staircase and peers through the propped open door into the manor.
Perception at the bottom of the stairs: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Perception at the open door: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

This once-grand hall now lies in ruins. Marble pillars support a painted ceiling above an ornately tiled but bloodstained floor. Broken glass and debris cover the floor. Stern portraits of Irrica family members look down from gilded frames hung above the reach of goblin vandals. A wrought-iron spiral staircase, its railings evoking the fires of Hell, leads to the collapsed upper floor, and a pair of sweeping staircases are choked with debris. The exterior doors are ornately carved and barred from within, save the one in the northwestern corner, which lies in splinters.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The lighting condition in this grand hall are dark. Immediately near you, however, you notice that there is smearing of what you hope is paint on some of the floors and walls.

Without light, you feel uncertain about entry.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Hope this isn't awkward of me to do, but you rolled well enough and I noticed your profile says you have Light at will.
As The Foreigner peers through the doorway and sees nothing but pitch black, he decides a light spell may come in handy. He pulls out his wayfinder and activates it and then he gazes around the room.

The Foreigner is taken aback when he notices that the portraits on the walls are turned his direction, watching him.

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

The Foreigner quickly switches off the light from his wayfinder, after he's seen enough.

He climbs back down the stairs to rejoin his companions.

"Some kind of grand hall, now in ruins. Marble pillars, painted ceiling, tiled floor covered in bloodstains, broken glass and debris. Signs of goblin vandals. Wrought-iron spiral staircase leads to the collapsed upper floor. Pair of staircases choked with debris. Exterior doors barred from within. Portraits on the hall's walls."

He pauses, discomfited. "Their eyes turned and were watching me... "

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"We expected supernatural and looks like we're right.
When we head in, I can cast light!"

Ralph is ready to follow people in, assuming we go in as a group.

Sovereign Court

820-15 | Gender Fluid Aquatic Elf Bloodrager 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +2, W: +0, +2 vs enchantments | Init: +2 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Bloodrage: 5/5 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: Darkvision, Amphibious

“That sounds like a plan!” Dr. Splash says, eyebrow raised. “I’d like to see for myself those portraits. By the way... I can see in the dark, but I recognize that’s an unusual ability, so I don’t mind the light.”

Put me near the front if you wish.

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Seemingly more distracted by the sudden appearance of the Foreigner than one should be, Zepherine plods along behind the others.

Her viny appendages point at different parts of the man as they discuss their options. Finally snapping out of it, her green hue reddening.

"Oh, uh...yeah. That sounds fine. I too see quite well in the dark." she stammers, drawing her bow. "I prefer to fight from a distance, if that be the case. So, these portraits...they seem magical to you? Or something more...dark in nature?"

"With the markings you spotted and the barred doors, likely something is waiting for us inside."

Silently following her companions, she prepares to face whatever they find within.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Liberty's Edge

CG Kellid-Tian Male Vigilante Avenger-5 | hp 39/43 | AC 19 (21) / 12 T / 17 (19) FF Shield of Blades | CMD 20 (22) [22 (24) vs Awesome Blow] | Fort +6, Reflex +7, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Companion of the Lonely Morale Pool 1/1 | Conditions: Bless, Life Link, Bull's Strength

"Perhaps, it would be best if I take point." The Foreigner waits to see if anyone has other ideas. If not, he sets off, back up the stairs and into the manor.
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Entering the grand hall, he takes a position between the spiral staircase and one of the pillars, looking and listening, trying not to be unnerved by the creepy portraits with their disapproving stares.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

You creep forward, ever so gently, listening to the faintest of creeks of the aged wood under your feet. The graffiti staining the walls looks like it may be familiar...

Knowledge Local DC 10:

The image of a burnt bird, as well as other little charms and knick-knacks, signify that this was the work of the
Scorchfeather Goblin Tribe.
Their tribe is a typical band of goblins, but nasty none-the-less. They favor fire over all other methods of destruction and mayhem.

The eyes of the portraits continue their gaze upon you, turning their bodies to face your direction.

Knowledge Religion DC 12:

There is a faint glow coming from nearby the large front doors, centered within the 4 pillars by the grand entrance. You've either encountered this before, or have heard of it, but you know that this is a
HAUNT.
The portraits seem to be tied to it; perhaps if you could unleash some positive energy at them the spirit may calm down, at least for a while.

To the north lies two sets of doors, which seem of better quality than the large entry door, if only for the sake of not facing the weather regularly.

To the south lies a single door next to a tarnished and dented knight's armor display.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Chlorophyll goes to each set of stairs, looking up them to see if anything might be hiding there. They feel slightly more at easy moving around without making too much noise.

Stealth: 10 + 6 = 16 Continue to take 10 for any following rolls.

Perception, searching stairs to the south: 10 + 2 = 12
Perception, S: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Perception, S: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Perception, Spiral stairs: 10 + 2 = 12
Again: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Third time is the charm!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Perception, Northern stairs: 10 + 2 = 12
Again: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Third time is the charm!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The Concordance

LN Vine Leshy Zen Archer 3 | Mods: Deflect Arrows | HP: 24/24 | AC 17, Tch 17, Fl 11 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Speed 30ft | Goodberry: 1/1; Perfect Strike: 3/3 | Perc: +10; SM: +4 | Init +2 |

Slowly following the captain, she whispers "You really shouldn't wander off on your own. Do you recognize any of these portraits? I assume it's the plant murderers..."

Keeping her eyes open, Zephirine hopes to spot anything malicious before it spots her.

Mechanics:

K Local (Common Max 10): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

The Concordance

Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"I recognize the graffiti on the wall,
Its the markings of the Scorchfeather Goblin Tribe.
They favor using fire to cause their targets' fall.
And they give off a real nasty vibe."

"Also, everyone stay clear of the four pillars and front door ahead.
The glow of a haunt is centered there!
It's tied to the portraits, I'd bet all my bread!
Some positive energy should alleviate the portraits' stare..."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |
Captain Chlorophyll wrote:

Chlorophyll goes to each set of stairs, looking up them to see if anything might be hiding there.

As you look over the spiral staircase in the center, you quickly realize that the stairs are missing in large portions, making it rather difficult for someone to utilize this. You assume, with that information, that no one can safely come down from them.

The second set of stairs suffers a similar condition of degradation, as collective rubble has collected onto them. The chunks of roof and pillar spikes that made the gothic architecture up above has worn down, collapsing into blockades on both sets of stairs.

Satisfied with your analysis, you see the only options are what doors and paths are on this floor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------
In your time observing the stairs you also hear a faint noise. Your brindles and branches bristle as you concentrate and focus on where it may have come from, when you hear it again. Laughter.

Someone else is here.

You suspect the noise came from past where Rhymin' Ralph said the haunt would be, and down the hallway that leads to the right.
South on the map there is a bunch of circles that indicates where you suspect it came from.

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Looking to Zephy, Chlorophyll asks "Did you just hear laughter?"

Then they say in a voice loud enough to be heard by the whole group "We have been detected! Someone over there" pointing in the direction of the laughter "is laughing at us!"

"Ralph, is there a safe way to get there?"

A haunt doesn't sounds like a good thing. Be bad to just walk into it!

The Concordance

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Small Halfling Archaeologist Bard 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 16, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 11| F +0 R +5 W +2; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 2/2 | Archaeologist's Luck 5/7 | Adaptable Luck 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

"Yes there is, my friendly animated vine!
Stay close to the wall and you should be fine!"

Liberty's Edge

CG male oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 2 | hp 19/19 | AC 18, T 12, F 17 | F +3, R +2, W +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Speed 20ft (15ft) | Init -3 | Percept +2 | longspear +1 (1d6-1/x3) | aid another +4 | spells: 1st - 0/5 | active conditions: | misfortune used: Suna

"Zahnlos, ተከላካይ." With his companion nearby, ready to defend him should the need arise Wertlos brings up the rear of the party. "I've heard that sometimes haunts can tell a story, at least to those brave enough to stand them. Maybe we should wait to apply positive energy it until we've explored everywhere."

The Concordance

Poly Vine Leshy Brawler 1 / Alchemist 1 | HP 22 | AC 18 tch 13 ff 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2; +2 vs Fear | 10/10 Sling Stones | 49/50 CLW stick | GM reroll used | Init +2 | Perception +2 | Conditions:

Chlorophyll looks to The Foreigner. They wait and follow them towards where the sound was.

Please move me to follow when that player moves. Will take 10 on Stealth if they try to stealth, otherwise just move through the arena Ralph said was clear.

51 to 100 of 632 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PBP Beginner GM Kyle "Worg" H All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.