Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Dungeon map / Island map / Open ocean map
Murderin' Murder upper decks /Murderin' Murder lower decks
GM's crew list / Crew icons


401 to 450 of 1,545 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 1

Cargas picks up his garbage, testing it for balance and heft, before letting go at 1d2 ⇒ 2 at Brood. His is mindful of his aching back, and his lack of desire to get strapped again fro his efforts today.

"Sorry! This is going to hurt you more than it's going to hurt me!" Cargas apologizes, letting loose with a handful of spoiled hog fat and skin.

1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 7 to hit; (-improvised, -range) Toss @ Brood


retired

As Brood and Nim row out to position, Sicarius steals a moment to call up a spell. As the magics settle over him and Nim eases them into position at the proper distance, the elf scowls up at the boat and begins whirling the grappling hook over head for several breaths before releasing it with a grunt. However, when the rope tangles and the grappling hook careens off the side of the Wormwood ineffectually, the dour elf curses once and immediately begins reeling the rope and grappling hook back in for another attempt.

Grapple: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 6 = -3

Status:

HP: 9/9
AC: 14 (14 T / 10 FF)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +2/+3/+2 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 0/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]

Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X]

Ongoing Effects
monkeyfish: 3/10 rounds


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza sets his shoulders as the first volley fails to connect. He doesn't relish a go at the whipping post, so he throws again and again!

Round 2 vs Nim: Ranged Muck: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 4 = 2
Round 3 vs Nim: Ranged Muck: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 4 = 5
Round 4 vs Nim: Ranged Muck: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13
Round 5 vs Brood: Ranged Muck: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 4 = 18
Round 6 vs Brood: Ranged Muck: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13
Round 7 vs Brood: Ranged Muck: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 = 16

To speed things up!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Are you f++#ing kidding me, Longears?" Riaris screams, spitting dotting the elf's face. "Let's see if greenie can make it across, then you can try again!"

Budos and Fipps toss debris toward Nim, the latter with evident glee, but don't connect.

Climb is 1/4 speed (or half if you want to take -5), so that's 15 ft. in a round. Means you'll need to take 3 rounds to go 40 ft. unless you move faster than usual. The raining debris means no taking 10.

So, a couple more Climb checks, please, plus a couple more throws from Cargas.

Mechanics:

Budos throw: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 10
Budos throw: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 5
Budos throw: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 - 1 = 12

Fipps throw: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 4 - 2 = 5
Fipps throw: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 4 - 2 = 5
Fipps throw: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 4 - 1 = -1


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Climb Check v DC 15: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 = 16
Climb Check v DC 15: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22

Nim tightens his grip, and holds on for 'dear life'. And by 'dear life', he thinks on the lashes he hopes to avoid in punishment, and the tongue-lashing Riaris is throwing out there. He doesn't try to speed up.

If Gezza be chucking all at Nim, Nim is aboard before that fourth toss is launched ;)


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas reaches for good slop to toss, recognizing each bottle and excremented bit as if it was he own. He takes turns throwing at one and then other.

1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 4 to hit; (-improv,-range) (Nimrod,+2 fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 8 to hit; (-improv,-range) (Brood)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 12 to hit; (-improv,-range) (Nimrod,+2 fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 5 to hit; (-improv,-range) (Brood)

And again as they get closer.

1d20 + 3 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 + 2 = 16 to hit; (-improv,-range) (Nimrod,+2 fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2 to hit; (-improv,-range) (Brood)

"Oi! That one is going to leave a mark! HAWHAW!!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Looks like we need one Reflex save from Nim; if he makes it, he makes it successfully onto the ship!

Then Brood can try again and everyone can throw trash at him!


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Reflex Save v DC 10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Nim hits the deck, shaking off the muck. The voice in back of his head growls, and bids him pay attention to the one who hit him.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Wow, just made it. OK, Brood, you can try again to make it across, and everyone (except for Nim) can throw stuff at him. If you fail, Brood, try for a third time.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Can I just use the next rolls in my sequence? To save time?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sure. Brood, that first one will hit, so throw in a Reflex save right off the bat.


retired

Perhaps unexpectedly, Brood frowns at the grappling hook in his hand and the elf, after glancing at it and those gathered on deck with sloop, then tosses the hook to the floor of the rowboat with disdain. A moment later, he leaps from the boat and vanishes beneath the water.

Use my swim speed (10ft) to swim to the boat with a run action (40ft) this round, then use my 10ft climb speed to scale the boat the following round. Does that work? Might get some lashes for 'breaking the rules', but I'm a pirate now. Breakin' rules is what we do!

Status:

HP: 9/9
AC: 14 (14 T / 10 FF)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +2/+3/+2 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 0/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X]

Ongoing Effects
monkeyfish: 6/10 rounds

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Riaris seems stunned a moment by Brood's actions, her mouth dropping open.

Finally, she seems to find her voice again.

"What the f&!$ was that, you g%!-d%!ned, c*&##%!#** elf? You want to get crushed between two f#+@ing ships?! Get across with no one else there?! Fine, that's on your stupid f*@&ing c&~%!*@$!* a##%!&% head!"

She rows back to the Wormwood and points to Budos and Gezza as Fipps scowls at the dripping Sicarius.

"All right. You two. Let's see if you can figure out how to do this properly."

2d3 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

You two can make your attempts to cross, while everyone else throws their trash at them.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Throwing a grappling hook requires a ranged attack roll, treating the hook as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 10 feet. The Wormwood’s rail is AC 5 but you'll have a –6 on your attack rolls due to range. If you hit, you must tie off the rope as a move action, then shimmy along the rope, requiring DC 15 Climb checks.

Gezza sighs and tosses the rope! Ranged: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 6 = -2, then tries again! Ranged: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 6 = 10 He hits on the second try, ties it off and tries to shimmy across.

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 FAIL!
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 SUCCESS! 15 feet ahead!
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 FAIL!
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 SUCCESS! 30 feet ahead!
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 FAIL!
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 FAIL!
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 SUCCESS! He makes it!


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas gets warmed, determined to do better this time.

"Ain't nothing personal now! It's just fun and games!" Cargas roars, beginning to enjoy things. He hefts a particularly foul heap of rotting privy rags. "Let's get going."

vs. Budos
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 12 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 18 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 6 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)

vs. Gezza
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 19 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 12 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 13 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 3 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)

Confirm mouth-open crit vs. Gezza:
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 9 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)

Edit: 3 more:
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 1 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 4 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)
1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 - 2 + 2 = 7 to hit; (-improv,-range,fave enemy)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Looks like we need seven tosses of trash at good Master Gezza.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

3 hits from Cargas!
Reflex vs DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Reflex vs DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Reflex vs DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Gezza weathers the first one, but the second one causes him to drop into the wash!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Budos also fails on his first throw, but like Gezza lands his second. He moves quickly at first, though he does slow down a bit toward the end as Fipps nearly hits him with a rotten fish head.

Mechanics:

Budos: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 6 = 0
Budos: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 6 = 10

Budos Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 15 ft.
Budos Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Budos Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 30 ft.
Budos Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Budos Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Budos Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Budos Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Budos Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Ship!

1d2 ⇒ 2
Fipps trash: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 6 = -2

1d2 ⇒ 2
Fipps trash: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 6 = 13

Fipps trash: 1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 6 = 3

Looks like we need three rounds of attacks vs. Budos; they're actually going at the same time, so Cargas, you're out for this one, having thrown at Gezza. Nim?


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim watches Gezza and Budos ready themselves for the same gauntlet. "When you hear the incoming trash, hold your breath, and hold the rope!!" The halfer-orc takes the same tact, and alternates rounds of garbage launching, beginning with poor Gezza.

Assault on Precept Gezza
Cracked half-bucket: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 6 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 4 - 6 = 12 Improvised Weapon, Range of 30' out
Other Cracked half-bucket: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12 Improvised Weapon, Range of 10' out
Useless pulley: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2 Improvised Weapon, Range of 10' out
Broken cannon packer: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 = 4 Improvised Weapon, Range within 10'

Air Budos
Rotted Watermelon: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 - 6 = 9 Improvised Weapon, Range of 30' out
Unusually large dead bilge rat: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15 Improvised Weapon, Range of 10' out
Reefclaw head: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0 Improvised Weapon, Range within 10'

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Budos Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Despite the trash hitting him, Budos holds on to the rope.

Brood? Don't forget, they're going at the same time: Gezza fell in the second round, so I'd say just take two shots at Budos.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

"Remember me as a peacemaker!" Gezza cries as he falls to the water and comes up spluttering.


retired

Brood's aim worsens the nearer Bud gets as he clambers up the rope, though the scowl on the elf's face suggests he doesn't particularly care for the exercise as a whole.

Leftover Ham Water: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 6 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 4 - 6 = 5
Rotted Melon: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 4 - 4 = 5
3 Empty Bottles: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 4 - 2 = -2

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Budos makes it safely back to the Wormwood -- or at least as safe as the ship can be -- and Riaris rows over to pick up Gezza and then Cargas before returning 40 feet out and indicating both should try to make it to the ship.

Remember, those of you who are throwing trash, only throw at one of them each round.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Before he begins, Cargas gives a mouthful to the trash tossers.

"Don't hold back on me, you lack-muscled slackjaws! Pretend like you're tossing on Scourge's mum and give it your best. Don't gimme no elfy lard toss! HawHaw!"

Cargas takes the grapplin' hook and swirls it around his head, trying to grapple the ship.

1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 6 = 3 Ranged vs. AC 5

"I MISSED!" Cargas laughs, reeling the grapple back in to try again. "I'm used to grapplin' Scourge's mom's teets and they are a bit bigger target! Lemme try again!"

1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 6 = 1 Ranged vs. AC 5 Lolz!

Cargas laughs again, again reeling the grapple back in to try again. "Usually his mom is a bit easier to hit! HAWHAW!"

1d20 + 3 - 6 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 6 = 11 Ranged vs. AC 5

Cargas checks the line with a sharp tug, then ties off the rope. He grabs the rope, tossing his feet over the lowline and begins to climb up, hand over hand.

Base move is 20'. Double move is 40'. Climb speed = 10'. 4 successful checks to make it up.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Climb vs. DC 15
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Climb vs. DC 15
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Climb vs. DC 15
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Climb vs. DC 15
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Climb vs. DC 15
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Climb vs. DC 15
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Climb vs. DC 15

Cargas pauses briefly to make some obscene gestures back at the tossers.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim doesn't have the heart to throw at Gezza anymore. He concentrates fully on de-roping Offal. He settles on a cloth bag filled with fungus-touched rock onions. "Close your mouth, Offal!! Unless you want a mouth full of mushy onion!!"

Rock Onion: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 - 4 = 1 Improvised Weapon, Range at 30' out
Rock Onion: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 - 4 = 0 Improvised Weapon, Range at 30' out
Rock Onion: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 - 4 = 2 Improvised Weapon, Range at 30' out
Rock Onion: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 11 Improvised Weapon, Range at 20' out
Rock Onion: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15 Improvised Weapon, Range at 10' out

"Ho!! Not a total wash!! Dwarf on a rope's clinging like a long piece of grass hanging out the backside of a mutt!!"

Rock Onion: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7 Improvised Weapon, Range at 10' out


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Have all y'all been dex-less when tabulating AC because climbing? Suppose it's too late now, but want to be consistent.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Reflex

Cargas shakes off Nim's first onion.

"That all you got? C'mon, put your arm into it!"

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Reflex

The second onion takes Cargas on the ear, but improves his overall smell.

"Better throw, but you've got to do better than that!"


retired

Sicarius shoots Fipps a scowl and considers continuing the role play of taking the ship by tossing him overboard, but instead he simply deepens his frown and begins tossing garbage and ham water at 1d2 ⇒ 2 Offal.

1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 6 = 12
1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 4 = 5
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Reflex

"That all you got, elf?! HAW HAW!" Cargas replies as the second and third tosses miss. "No wonder orcs don't fear you elves at all. You can't hit water if you fell out of a boat."


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza sighs and tosses again! ranged touch: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 6 = 8 His first toss hits and Gezza attempts to clamber up!

Climb vs DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 FAIL
Climb vs DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 25' away!
Climb vs DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 10' away!
Climb vs DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 FAIL
Climb vs DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 ONBOARD!

Gezza sighs and clambers onboard, holding an imaginary sword and going "Arghhh!" in a piratical manner at the Gunner.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Budos throws harmlessly toward Gezza, his heart clearly not in it as he grins widely when the carpenter scrambles aboard.

Fipps seems much less happy about his lack of aim, several broken bottles splashing into the ocean as Cargas moves up toward the ship. Finally, he holds his throw, waiting until the dwarf is just about to scramble aboard, and then throws an entire wooden bucket toward his head, hitting him hard. 1 hp; plus need a Reflex save, and then we can move on.

Mechanics:

Budos throw: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 1
Budos throw: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 - 2 = 4
Budos throw: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 - 1 = 3

Fipps throw: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 4 - 2 = -2
Fipps throw: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 4 - 2 = -1
Fipps throw: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 4 - 1 = 16


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Reflex - Like a champ.

Cargas deflects object with his head, keeping his hands and legs free for climbing. "Hawhaw! Good shot with that one Fipps! Too bad you only do things right when it doesn't matter!"

Cargas lowers himself onto the deck, checking out his hands for rope burns.

"We should do that again! I bet I can tag you better than you tagged me, Fipps! Hawhaw!"


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Bud congratulates Geeza as he climbs aboard. "Quality piratin' there, even yer 'arrgghh' sounded authentic."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Fipps scowls at Cargas, but skulks off, clearly not interested in spending any more time with you now that he's not allowed to be throwing trash toward you.

Ris rows in, ordering you to secure the jolly boat.

"Well, you f+@$ing lot of a@@@*@*s were f!%$ing horrible. Probably get your m+&!$$@$#%%! asses killed the second we have a real ship to board, but the Captain knows I can only do so much with s&*!. If they're f~$&ing shooting at you, that means they won't be shooting at me."

Despite her harsh words, she doesn't actually seem that displeased at your performance.

The rest of the day passes without incident, and at night, you're handed your rum rations.

As the Bloody Hour is called, though, Sicarius hears his name, a couple pirates coming to take him to the whipping posts. Two vicious lashes quickly render him unconscious, blood dripping from his back.

"There's be one more for the sleeping elf tomorrow," Scourge gloats as he's hauled below.

He wakes a short time later to find Sandara at his side, apparently having healed him. suffered 10 hp non-lethal, then healed 5

"What did you do to piss Riaris off?" she asks.

The rest of the pirates take up their usual evening activities.

Mechanics:

2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1 lash owed to Brood

You can all post nighttime actions.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

The day's fun left Cargas feeling giddy and excited. He really wanted to talk about it with someone and sought out one of the few who might understand the glory of a good dwarven battle recount: Tam “Narwhal” Tate.

Influence Tate.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11 Diplomacy

"...so then I said to Ris, you can take that oar and shove it right...and twice they hit me in the g'nads...two handfuls of s#%%stained..."


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim claps the dwarf on the back, wordlessly commending the dwarf on taking the full brunt of the attacks, and failing to fall to any one of them. As Riaris rants, Nim nods politely, not looking to provoke further vitriol.

Any remaining moldy foodstuffs get kicked over the side.

...

When Brood 'takes ill' from licking the whipping post, Nim follows him down, obtaining the scrimshaw tool from the ailing elf, and hunts down Jack Scrimshaw, hoping to win him over with the token he's now painfully in debt to Grok over.

"Hey, I understand you'd benefit from something a little more quality, to work your carvings. Consider this a kindness from us new lunks recently drug aboard. Smoothing the waters, makes easier sailing for us all, eh?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza smiles at Budos on the boarding exercise. "Thanks! I always fancied trying the theater. Think my epic pirate could carry a show?"

Onboard he cringes as Brood gets beaten, and helps to carry him down below. Seeing Sandara, he steps back and makes a small bow. "He was a little too good at the task. Seems being terrible and being wonderful are both punishable offenses on the good ship we find ourselves bound to. I think the Chelish Navy is missing a good officer."

That evening Gezza once more retreats to his bunk, studying his spellbook and making notes on new arcane theories he's been considering while spending his sleepless nights on board.


retired

Brood shrugs at Sandara's question and Redfingers' explanation then gingerly rubs his shoulder as he casts a glance toward his still tender back. "Was told to practice boarding a ship. I just did it without the damn rope. Learned that with Erastil's faithful while hunting. Best way to not get tagged with an arrow is to not present a target in the first place." He frowns and shakes his head, "Shoulda gone under the boat and come up on the opposite side though. For all her shouting, Riaris had a good point about getting pinched between boats. Hadn't considered that possibility. Shoulda earned my lashes more by tossing Fipps overboard too. Not a real show of boarding if you don't have to take the deck too, right?"
The his scowl is still fixed firmly upon his face, Brood's tone suggests that his last comment about Fipps might have been a joke. While it may be difficult to read wether the the taciturn elf made a stab at humor or not, he does seem plainly content to spend the evening talking with Sandara.

With only 9 max hp, the lashes would've dealt 9 nonlethal and 1 lethal. Sandara's healing would heal the 1 lethal and 5 nonlethal, leaving me with 4 nonlethal left over.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21
Gezza wrote:
"Thanks! I always fancied trying the theater. Think my epic pirate could carry a show?"

"Might be tough to do in the Shackles, but get you anywhere near Absolom and you'll be talk of the town."

night action: influence

Budos approaches the last pirate on his list of hopefully allies. " Hey there Giffer, how about a game of hog lob tomorrow evening, we need a little sport to beat the drudgery."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Tate growls at Cargas as he attempts to share the story, clearly having no interest in spending time close in proximity: "Shove off. No time for your crap. Shoulda let Fipps knock you in the water; might not smell so bad then."

Budos gets almost as poor a reaction from Giffer: "Look, it's like I told your brother. I'm not interested in getting on the wrong side of Scourge and Plugg and them. Don't want to cross you either. Just want to survive this sail."

Jack seems wary of Nim but accepts the tool with a shrug. "Maybe Budos is right, and you lot aren't that bad. Thanks."

Belowdecks, Gezza takes to his hammock, where his studies are interrupted by Brood and Sandara's discussions. She appears more than happy to spend the evening in conversation with the taciturn elf: "Be careful with them. They don't like you and will find any excuse to take it out on you and your friends. A girl likes a few scars now and then, but I can only do so much to keep your skin whole."

She rubs warm fingers along his newly healed back, fingers lingering on his strange birthmark.

Feel free to continue any nighttime scenes you want, but in the morning...

You're awoken and assemble on deck as normal, only to find you're back to your usual routine.

Budos is assigned to rigging repair DC 10 Climb checks to reach the rigging 30 feet up, followed by a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

Gezza and Sicarius are assigned to swab the decks DC 10 Strength or Constitution check. Failing either check results in being fatigued at the end of the shift while Nim is given to hauling rope and knot work DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check, plus a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Kroop orders Cargas to help out with the meal, but given that he appears to be sober today, he's content to do most of the week, giving the dwarf the occasional simple task such as peeling carrots or potatoes no rolls required.

Mechanics:

Budos: Rigger: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Gezza: Swab: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Nimrod: Swab: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Sicarius: Swab: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Cargas: Cook's mate: 1d6 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 2

You can all take a daytime ship action.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Str check: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 4 = 11 Working diligently, Gezza does indulge in a small song.

"Day is never over! Plugg got me workin'! Someday Pluggy set me free!" To call the rendition off-key would be an insult to the teriminally off-key, but he does manager to howl out some truly awful lines.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas beams as Kroop gives him the day off. He repays the favor by retelling the story of yesterday's mock battle, this time even better as it is his second time telling the story.

"...'Well, you f%$*ing lot of a&&~$$#s were f*~$ing horrible. Probably get your m*@!&%%&!&%! asses killed the second we have a real ship to board, but the Captain knows I can only do so much with s%*&. If they're f$#$ing shooting at you, that means they won't be shooting at me.'...that's what she says, she does, right to Brood's elfy face!! HAWHAW!!" Cargas beats his knee with laughter.

In addition, he goes to explore the Foredeck, finally having some free time to check out more of the ship.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Perception


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim watches Jack pocket the carving tool, and doubts himself. Fifty in the hole, and we get a measly thanks. Shoulda let Bud work on him. One less shank in the back...? Yeah, maybe...

...

Nim takes to his work in a familiar manner, but the voice in the back of his mind sounds louder this day. Iiiiieeee know my place. There's a time and a place for everything, so quiet yourself down, and let's keep our watch...

He sets to working harder, hoping to keep his mind off of other things.

Strength Check v DC 10, Work Diligently: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 4 = 13
Constitution Check v DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Nim seems almost happy to be tuckered out. The fatigue is thorough, hitting him both physically and mentally. He eyes Jack at odd times, a part of him losing wonder in what man marrow tastes like.


retired

Brood's eyes narrow at Sandara's lingering touch, but the elf makes no effort to break the contact. He shrugs and shakes his head at the talk of scars, "Least they don't hurt. The scars I mean. Scourge and his lackeys are another matter though. They can slip in what petty barbs they want now, but as soon as we find berth I mean to settle our grievances. Still, sure would be a relief if I could figure out how to get some damned coin on this heap so I can buy my own stuff back. Feel naked without a blade." The elf turns his gaze to hold Sandara's at that and adds, his tone slightly softer, "Thanks again for recovering my book. It wasn't- I mean I know- you didn't have-" Brood sighs and settles on a simple but earnestly offered, "Thanks." in the end.

Morning
Fully recovered after an evening's rest, Brood works hard during the day - his way of showing Scourge and the other well positioned crew that he was valuable. The hard work also helped the elf work through a great deal of his simmering anger and frustration, both of which had returned in force.

His mind caught up in his work and his plans for murderous vengeance when the ship finally docked once more, Brood spares little time for any of his fellow crew.

work diligently
Strength: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 4 = 22


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Bud climbs through the rigging with ease and tries to make quick work with the ropes to buy him some extra time.

climb +10, daytime action: influence

Profession, Sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

When he gets a chance to speak without eyes on them, Budos again tries to sway Giffer towards the party. "I respect yer space and I understand not wanting to get on the bad side of Plugg, but those b@$turds don't give a spit about you. Let's make a gentleman's agreement to have each other's back when the time comes and until then we can walk different paths on this tub."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You manage to get through your day's chores without event, though Budos continues to have no luck swaying Giffer, who seems to begin going out of his way to avoid the half-orc. Dicebot does not want you guys to hang out with the giffer.

Cargas takes a quick chance to check out the foredeck, but finds little of interest. (This raised deck stands some 10 feet above the main deck , immediately behind the bowsprit, which is shaped like a rearing dragon. The foremast rises 30 feet above the deck.)

That evening, after the rum rations and bloody hour have been finished -- Brood getting his final lash 3 hp nonlethal -- Scourge gives a nasty smile as the pirates begin to break up.

"It's been a long trip with little to show for it, so far, so I thought we could have some fun. BRING UP THE BEAST!" he says, finishing with a yell.

At his words, Fipps and Jape emerge with the large gorilla from the hold, large catch poles keeping him at a safe distance.

"Maybe a little wrestling, eh? Who wants to challenge the beast? How 'bout you, Shivikah? That seems like a good match. Try not to kill it, eh? Captain might be able to get something for it."

The big Mwangi woman doesn't look happy, but quickly realizes the question's more an order and steps forward, a ring forming around the pair.

She lunges forward, swinging a truncheon wildly at it, but the heavy stick bounces off the beast's tough hide.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The ape takes a bit of encouragement to get moving, not because of his inherent stubbornness, but because his legs are largely asleep from sitting on them funny. Taking to the steps, his legs start to come back to him, with the help of weight-bearing on his knuckles and forearms. The NotNice are dragging him out, but they are usually placated by simply moving with them. The catch poles reinforce their dominance, and he's not up for a fight.

Not until he gets slapped by the truncheon. His eyes roam the crowd, his decent color vision settling on the green ones. Among the green ones, he finds the NiceOne. The NiceOne's eyes are wide open, so not him. When the strikes come, Magilla looks at Nim for a sign. Then it comes. Palm open, fist slams into it. The universal sign of 'give 'em the whatfor'.

Magilla snorts, and turns back to the truncheon, the hand holding it, the arm waving it, and the woman owning it. The ape doesn't wait long. All three of his answers arrive almost at the same time.

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage
Claw Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage

By instinct, Magilla tries to pull away from the Mwangi woman, trying to avoid the strikes that always come after he lashes out.

Status:

AC = 12
HP = 14 (Animal Focus- Bear, +2 Con bonus)
Weapons Equipped = Claw(x2), Bite
Condition(s) = Animal Focus- Bear


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim can't believe his eyes, when they march his ape up the stairs. When Shivikah steps up to fight, Nim holds his ground, and waits for Magilla to find him. A hand gesture later, and Nim breathes a little easier. This isn't the bloody hour. They are going to want to see something of a brawl here, and they're about to get it.

His hands wring a little, and Nim is glad he hasn't had to heal anyone today. His healing is ready for the ape, when the creature is inevitably outnumbered. At least he's getting some sea air.


retired

As the ape is brought up, Brood nudges Offal and remarks, "Huh. I didn't expect Scourge's mom to be so... hairy." As the fight begins, The elf's eyes narrow as he notices Nim's gestures preceding the ape's responses by a few breaths. His gaze bounces between the halforc and the ape twice before his expression returns to his typical, deep frown.

Turning to Redfingers, he whispers, "Did you know about this? Next thing'll be someone's tamed that spider from down in the bilge."


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas watches the fight, his eyes darting nervously to Nimrod. He isn't sure about the connection between half-man and full ape, but he sees there is one.

He doesn't cheer much. For either side.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza grins wildly. "Stranger things have happened, I supposed. I wonder if anyone can learn that hand sign language?" He stares at Nim, wondering how he came to have such a relationship with the great ape.

401 to 450 of 1,545 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.