Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Dungeon map / Island map / Open ocean map
Murderin' Murder upper decks /Murderin' Murder lower decks
GM's crew list / Crew icons


501 to 550 of 1,545 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Hmm. I'm willing to say they're effectively stationary.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

At round 4, are the ships only 10 feet apart when we start boarding? We can just jump across if we wanna risk it?

Bud hides from the missiles and waits for the call to board the ship.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim strains to see the ship's outline, and figures on deck. He pictures the grappling hook piercing the shoulder blade of a unfortunate swab. He shudders with disgust and anticipation.

Heads down, until the last moment. Try to spread out, so we don't group up for them and their bleeding bolts."

At the last moment, Nim calls for Gozreh's help. Gozreh seems to answer him, in the form of an eagle that appears roughly thirty feet across the waters, to plague those waiting for grapples to land. Summon Nature's Ally- Eagle

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

At the closest point, they're 5 ft. apart, which means you'd need to clear 10 feet to land on the other boat, Budos. If you fall between, though, you'll probably be at risk of getting crushed.

As the ships close, you see through the fog Kroop throwing bloody buckets overboard, clearly intended to attract dangerous sea life to the battle, to prove deadly should any try to escape the pirates' wrath.

Crossbow bolts fly over your head as you all keep low as the ships near, though Brood begins casting spells, joined at the last moment by Nimrod. A large eagle appears on the far side of the enemy ship as the two collide with a thunderous grinding noise.

OK, Round 5, pirates. Go be piratical! You're up first, though technically everyone's been fighting at this point, so no one's flat-footed. Brood, if you want to start in the water -- because you dove in at Round 4, that's fine, though you had time to change the plans as you saw the blood and offal (dead animal parts, not Cargas) being thrown overboard.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza straightens up and lends his voice to a piratical whoop of joy as the ships crash together! He runs forward his club raised, but stops as soon as he can see any enemies. Then he concentrates and stomps the deck hard, causing a sliver of wood the size of a shortspear to detach and float next to him. He sends it at the nearest enemy with a cry of "Get 'em!"

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage and inflicts 1 bleed!


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

"Cross the boarding planks, ye swabs, I'll hold the stairs!" Budos leaps to action, literally, as he takes a running start and jumps the gap between the ships.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

if can get close enough to attack pirate on the stairs:

"Throw down yer weapons, swabs, and you can join our crew instead of feeding the sharks!" Without waiting for an answer he slashes the closest pirate.

slash attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
sneak attack if flat footed: 1d6 ⇒ 1

if need to reach main deck before jump:

His feet planted on the rough planks of the enemy ship, Budos takes a defensive stance and waits for his companions to arrive. +4 dodge to AC


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 5

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 14/14
Weapon Equipped = Whip, Cutlass
Condition(s) = Aspect of the Bull (+2 to Str)

"Budooo.... oh. Damn it, man, no risks!!" Nim shakes his head, only glad that he didn't lose one over the side. The sound of the ships colliding reaffirms what shape of death waits below, should they fail to make it safely across.

Still cowed a little by Riaris, Nim raises himself up, and throws his grapple, keeping in line with their earlier practice.

Ranged Grapple Hook Toss v AC 5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

He tests the knotting on the railing, thankful for Ratline's instructions, before taking to the rope, and climbing directly at the lower set of stairs. He points at the closest swab on their decks, and hopes the eagle keeps it well occupied.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"Now's the time, mates!! Take it, and let's make 'em think twice by bringing our numbers up fast!!"

Getting to the opposite deck, he waves the others over excitedly.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 1

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Acrobatics

Hooting with anger (mostly at Riaris), Cargas leaps from one side to the next, his cutlass in his right hand, knuckles in his left.

He awaits at the bottom of the stairs for his party to join him in capturing the upper deck.

Motte, I'm assuming they are all human or half human unless otherwise noted.


retired

I'll stick with my watery approach and trust only being in the water for 1 round is quick enough to avoid getting bunyipped.

Drawing his cutlass and gripping the blade between his teeth, Brood emerges from the water by the stern and begins to climb up toward the stern castle.

Double move, climb speed of 10

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 18 (14 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 0/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Monkeyfish: 3/20 rounds
Shield: 2/20 rounds

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Don't forget the fog -- 20 percent miss chance everyone

Round 1
Gezza's splintery blast catches the lead Rahadoumi sailor by surprise, and he lets out a cry of pain as he flinches back, unaware of Budos landing next to him. Fortunately for him, the movement takes him out of the range of the half-orc's flashing blade.

Cargas follows Budos in leaping across, leaving a safe space for Nim to scramble across the rope, followed by Aretta. Cog makes to join them as screams and clashing metal ring out through the fog, but slips on the rope and is barely able to grab back hold before he falls into the water.

Just dodging the sharp teeth of a sleek gray shark as he swims, Sicarious scrambles out of the water up the far side of the Man's Promise, peeking over the railing to see his approach apparently went unnoticed in the thick fog.

The nearest sailors hack wildly at you, but you're able to fend off their blades as their companions bring crossbows to bear, bolts flying toward Cargas, Cog and Gezza. The dwarf just barely misses being impaled -- the bolt flying right past at eye level -- but Cog is less lucky, as he takes a bolt in the arm, letting out a cry of pain.

Mechanics:

Cog Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Aretta Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

1d3 ⇒ 1
Shark bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

SM1 (Budos): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
SM2 (Cargas): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
SM3 (Budos): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22
Miss chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Miss chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 65
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 31d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Crit?: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 3

RS1: 5, 1 bleed
Cog: 5


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza rushes across the gangplank and over to the northern stairs on the Man's Promise, spying Brood climbing stealthily up the side as he goes. Gezza tries to keep his head down as he moves.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 2

Cargas is pleased to find himself to find surrounded by outlets for his anger. He swings his cutlass at one of the humanish humanoids around him.

"If you surrender, I won't kill you," Cargas opines aloud.

Cutlass attack:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23 to hit; (+favenemy)
1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7 damage.
1d100 ⇒ 1 81 to 100 = miss

AC 12; HP 23/23


retired

Brood slips over the railing at the back of the stern castle, imbuing his blade with a touch of arcane power as his feet meet the deck. With an dark scowl, he lashes out at the nearest unaware sailor.

Cutlass: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Swift action: activate arcane pool
Move action: climb up onto stern castle
Standard action: attack

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 18 (14 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 1/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Monkeyfish: 4/20 rounds
Shield: 3/20 rounds
Arcane Pool: +1/+1; 1/10 rounds


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Bud slashes at the sailor in front of him...

Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

...but continues to struggle in his first shipboard combat.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 2

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 14/14
Weapon Equipped = Whip, Cutlass
Condition(s) = Aspect of the Bull (+2 to Str)

Nim hears Cog cry out in pain, helping the halfer-orc pin down his mates' positions. "No bolts over here, Cog, only blades. Hurry up, and see your work done!!"

Nim swings at the only swab in his reach.

Cutlass, Animal Focus: Bull: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 23

After missing handily, Nim retreats 5', to allow more space.

The eagle takes its attacks on the swab in front of Bud. Presuming both Round 1 and Round 2 attacks here...Then Eagle disappears.

Bird Attacks:

Round 1

Talon Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for 1d4 ⇒ 1 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 76

Talon Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for 1d4 ⇒ 2 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 86

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 for 1d4 ⇒ 4 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 62

Round 2

Talon Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 for 1d4 ⇒ 1 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 58

Talon Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for 1d4 ⇒ 4 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 53

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 91

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 2

Gezza rushes to join his companions, though he's takes a slash along one arm from blades emerging from the fog as he does, nearly suffering a second blow to his chest as well 3 hp total; remember, there's lots of other combat going on on the ship, even if it's not indicated on the map -- that's part of why you were instructed to cross via the rope!.

Cargas cuts deeply into his foe, who ignores his warning to surrender and executes a vicious looking riposte, though the fog foils his aim. 5 hp

Brood churns forward from the froth, but even with the element of surprise, his blade catches only his foe's armor, and the man turns with a cry of alarm -- "Ware! They're behind us too!" -- hacks wildly at the elf.

Budos and Nim add their screams to the sounds of melee coming through the fog as they battle and -- thanks to the eagle -- claim their first victim, Budos' bleeding opponent falling to the deck in a heap.

Cog continues to struggle to get across the rope, while Aretta pulls her blade and waits for an opening to get up onto the aft deck and secure the wheel as ordered.

Above, you can barely make out the remaining four sailors furiously reloading their heavy crossbows.

Mechanics:

AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d100 ⇒ 50
AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d100 ⇒ 7

RS2 (Cargas: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d100 ⇒ 11

RS4 (Brood: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d100 ⇒ 88

Cog Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

RS3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

RS1: 11, 1 bleed
RS2 (Cargas): 7
RS3 (Bud):
RS4 (Brood):
Cog: 5

Party's up; remember I'm gone until Tuesday; also don't forget you were ordered to get up to the stern and aft decks -- if you're seen on the main deck, it may not go well for you. There's also lots of activity across both ships, even if it's not represented on the map, in part because it's lost in the fog.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 3

Cargas continues to hack his way up the stairs.

Cutlass attack:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 to hit; (+favenemy)
1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 damage.
1d100 ⇒ 48 81 to 100 = miss

AC 12; HP 23/23


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

HP 9/12

Gezza lets out a curse as a blade's swipe catches him. He keeps his head, however, and moves along toward the stern. Moving carefully to avoid any more attacks, he steps to the square just south of the northernmost stairs, just below the stern. Murmuring a few words of arcana, he casts color spray upward toward the Rahadoumi sailors on the stern!

Will DC 15! By my reckoning, I think I can hit 4 of the five sailors there!


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 3

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 14/14
Weapon Equipped = Whip, Cutlass
Condition(s)= Aspect of the Bull (+2 to Str)

Nim steps back up, scowling at Aretta for not taking the opening he created. She's more worried about her own hide here... gotta watch that one...

He swings the cutlass as hard as he can, hoping to injure or down the next sailor in line. The strange weapon slides off-course too soon, and the halfer-orc grunts in frustration.

Cutlass, Animal Focus(Bull): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9 damage

"Forward to the aft!!" Nim watches the color erupt towards the back group, and he grows hopeful that magic is a lot harder to dodge than a cutlass.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos steps over the dropped sailor and hacks at the foe in front of him as he tries to clear a path up the stairs.

Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"We won't wait for yer surrender, quit now before my blade strikes!"


retired

Brood, his deep frown still firmly in place, brings his cutlass around in a quick, tight arc, looking to gut his opponent in quick order and move on.
Cutlass: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 18 (14 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 1/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Monkeyfish: 5/20 rounds
Shield: 2/20 rounds
Arcane Pool: +1/+1; 2/10 rounds

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 3
Cargas cuts down his foe and pushes forward as Budos and Nim push forward, their grunts and the clash of their weapons resounding along with other cries from elsewhere on the ships. The sailor puts up a furious fight, batting away their blades as he cuts unsuccessfully at Nim.

Aretta rushes forward, pushing up with Brood, whose swing goes wide as his foe collapses under the weight of Gezza's spell, along with one of the sailors on the stern deck.

Cog finally makes his way across the rope, as the three remaining sailors on the stern desk launch their bolts. One skips off the railing right next to Budos' hand, sending splinters flying into the fog, but Gezza and Aretta are less lucky, both taking direct hits. 9 hp each The big redhead staggers, face going pale, but maintains her footing.

Mechanics:

1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 21
1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18
1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

Sailor: 1d3 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d100 ⇒ 67

Cog: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

1d7 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d100 ⇒ 22
1d10 ⇒ 9

1d7 ⇒ 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
1d100 ⇒ 27

1d7 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d100 ⇒ 37
1d10 ⇒ 9

1d10 ⇒ 1
1d10 ⇒ 10

RS3 (Bud):
RS4 (Brood):
Cog: 5
Aretta: 9

DC 10 Perception:

The fog suddenly splits for the moment, and you see Captain Harrigan, Master Plugg and Owlbear Hartshorn on the far side of the ship rushing madly for the doors to the captain’s cabin below the aft deck, slashing and hacking as they move. As they battle in your direction, you see a Rahadoumi sailor sneaking up behind Capt. Harrigan. Map update coming; stupid Photoshop won't start so I apparently need to restart my computer...


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

HP 0/12

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Gezza stares as his body sheds its precious blood, his left hand covering the wound, trying to put pressure on it. Then he looks up and sees the Captain about to be skewered by an enemy soldier.

'If the Cap dies, everyone moves up a rank. But that means Plugg and Scourge get more power. Damn that for nothing!'

"Captain! Behind you!" Gezza calls and stomps his foot. A three foot long splinter erupts from the deck and flies at the creeping soldier!

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 4 = 9 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage!

Feeling the world waver, he falls to the ground, unconscious and bleeding.

HP -1/12
Stabilize: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 4

Cargas continues to hack his way up the stairs.

Cutlass attack:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 to hit; (+favenemy)
1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9 damage.
1d100 ⇒ 84 81 to 100 = miss

Miss crit!

If Budos moves up on the stairs, like for flank, add +2 to this attack. Also, if the foe falls, Cargas will move up the stairs.

AC 12; HP 23/23


retired

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Brood catches movement behind Harrigan, but he chooses to ignore it and focus on the task he'd been given. Knowing the Wormwood, leaving to help Harrigan would likely earn him some stripes. Shakin his head at his lot, the elf intones a simple spell and sends a bolt of green acid darting toward one of the sailors before him.
Acid Splash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8for: 1d3 ⇒ 3

As soon as the bolt leaves his hand, Sicarius steps in behind, his cutlass whistling through the air as he whips it around in a heavy slash.
Cutlass: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 = 21for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Full round action: Spell Combat
target top most not-sleeping sailor, throw acid, 5-ft step, swing cutlass

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 18 (14 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 1/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Monkeyfish: 6/20 rounds
Shield: 5/20 rounds
Arcane Pool: +1/+1; 3/10 rounds


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 4

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 14/14
Weapon Equipped = Whip, Cutlass
Condition(s)= Aspect of the Bull (+2 to Str)

Nim watches through the fog as Gezza takes to the deck, and he's torn. Heading back onto the main deck, so close to Harrigan, and he's bound to suffer for it. Watching his mate bleed out, he presses his attack, hoping to end the confrontation and return to set the man on his feet again. He moves up the stairs, past the sailor, and sets a flank with Cargas. Swinging at the man's back, Nim feels two pulls- the desire to look away and the desire to smell blood.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Cutlass, Animal Aspect(Bull): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16 for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 damage


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Bud just grins at the sight of the sailor sneaking up on Harrigan, that's sure to go badly for that poor chap, and continues with his assignment.

Budos slashes at the last sailor blocking the stairs...

Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Foggy, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 47

...then he springs up the stairs beside Nim, drops his shoulder and drives his bulk under the guard of the sailor. move 3 right and 1 up to create flanking for Nim and threaten the crossbowers

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

edit, crit confirm, Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Eep...

Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 67

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Round 4
Gezza calls out a warning, sending a shard flying toward the sailor. As his vision goes dark, he sees the wood fly far wide, but it was apparently enough to cause the Rahadoumi to flinch, and the warning gave time for the captain to spin around and separate the man's head from his neck before looking back to notice who called out the alarm.

Ignoring Gezza's fall to the deck, the rest of you push on up to the aft deck and sterncastle.

Cargas' slash goes wide but Budos is able to land a blow as the Rahadoumi tries to defend against both, and lays the man out, split from aft to stern himself.

Brood's bolt of acid makes his foe flinch, leaving the sailor open for the elf's follow-up swing, which draws blood and a cry of pain. Aretta, bleeding badly, pushes up behind him and strikes with her own cutlass, chopping the man down.

The two sailors remaining on their feet keep up a furious offense, slashing at Brood and Budos, but the fog provides an effective defense and neither's able to land a blow.

Suddenly a massive boom thunders across the ocean and you feel the whole ship seem to buck as something belowdeck explode, knocking the two nearest Rahadoumi and Cog from their feet. Everyone (but Gezza) must make a DC 12 Reflex save or fall prone

Mechanics:

Sicarius miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 23

Aretta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Aretta miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 88
confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

RS: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 2

RS: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 13

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Aretta save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Cog save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

RS (Budos), prone:
RS (Brood), prone:

Cog: 5, prone
Aretta: 9


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Unconscious but stable on the deck, Gezza dreams of sandy beaches and gently swaying palm trees and oh so many island women, bearing coconuts full of sweet liquor.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Reflex save DC 12 or fall prone: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

His sea legs already developing, Budos easily sways with the rocking ship as others tumble. Taking advantage of the prone sailors around him, Budos leaps over downed foes and aims a wicked slash at the sailor fighting Brood. "Oye, mate, fancy seeing you 'ere," the grinning Bud calls to Sicarius.

Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Foggy miss, high is always good: 1d100 ⇒ 97


retired

Reflex Save (DC 12): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Brood nearly keeps his balance as the ship bucks suddenly, but Aretta's flailing is enough to upset his tenuous balance and send him sprawling to the deck like the others. With a grunt, he kips back up to his feet. He angrily growls, "What was that?" as he slashes at the nearest sailor.

Cutlass: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 18 (14 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 1/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Monkeyfish: 7/20 rounds
Shield: 6/20 rounds
Arcane Pool: +1/+1, 4/10 rounds


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 5

Reflex Save v DC 12: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 14/14
Weapon Equipped = Whip, Cutlass
Condition(s)= Aspect of the Bull (+2 to Str)

Nim tries to keep up with the others, hoping to gain the top deck. He tries to move up on one of the remaining sailors, and throws his cutlass out at someone, hopefully not one of his.

Cutlass: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 85

"Cannon fire? Kegs of powder going off??"


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 4

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Reflex vs. DC 12

"Who is f*%$ing rocking the piddlespotting boat!?"Cargas falls down with a stream of oaths.

Cargas hacks clumsily and defensively before trying to stand.

Cutlass attack:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12 to hit; (+favenemy,-4 prone,-4 fight defensive)
1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 damage.
1d100 ⇒ 68 81 to 100 = miss

Provoking AoO likely.

AC 12+2; HP 23/23

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Gezza, don't forget stabilization checks.

Round 5
Still off-balance, you all strike ineffectively at the remaining sailors as they too climb to their feet, hacking just as wildly at you. Aretta lands a glancing blow as she moves forward onto the sterncastle.

As you battle, you notice three sailors through the fog, making for the starboard boat, which they begin trying to untie.

Mechanics:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

RS (Budos):
RS (Brood): 4

Cog: 5
Aretta: 9


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 6

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 14/14
Weapon Equipped = Whip, Cutlass
Condition(s)= Aspect of the Bull (+2 to Str)

"To the starboard boat!! They're trying to escape!!"

Nim moves back down the stairs, past Gezza's fallen form, and stabs at one of the three.

Cutlass, Animal Aspect(Bull): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23 for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 41


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

I already stabilized, on my first check.


retired

Brood's eyes narrow dangerously at the sailor immediately before him as the elf finds his balance. He ignores Nim's call and instead continues to work toward securing the aft of the vessel.

With some deliberateness, Sicarius focuses on casting another simple spell, though it's complicated by his efforts to not give his opponent an opening to strike. A moment later, he finishes his spell and a bright flash of light bursts in the man's face as the elf's cutlass follows swiftly behind.

Concentration (defensive): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Flare, Fort Save DC 13 or dazzled for 1 minute
Cutlass: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 = 19for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Fog (1-20 miss): 1d100 ⇒ 69

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 18 (14 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 1/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Monkeyfish: 8/20 rounds
Shield: 7/20 rounds
Arcane Pool: +1/+1, 5/10 rounds
Concentration: -3 to hit, +3 to concentration check

Dang fog- I've been forgetting that miss chance this whole flipping time! Apologies!


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 5

Cargas, the singleminded prig that he is, keeps on hacking and doing what we was told. He steps up to the closest foe and hacks again.

Cutlass attack:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13 to hit; (+favenemy)
1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7 damage.
1d100 ⇒ 52 81 to 100 = miss

AC 12; HP 23/23


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos takes advantage of the flanking position to strike at the sailor in front of him.

Cutlass: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Foggy, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 15

Betrayed by the fog, the big man shifts his bulk to create an advantage for the sour dwarf.

shift up and right one square

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

So you did, Gezza. Never mind, then. In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.

Round 6
Nim rushes off the aft deck and slams his blade into the nearest sailor, blood spraying across his green skin as the man cries out in pain. Cog joins him, but the fog gives the sailor just enough concealment to duck the blow and he lashes back at Nim, a wild blow that the half-orc easily ducks.

The other two concentrate on getting the boat free, unlashing two of the three ties as the third sailor battles Nim and Cog.

Behind them, his companions continue to lay siege to the sailors, Brood cutting into one, as he blocks Aretta's attack, while Cargas and Budos can't connect with the other. The fog apparently diffused Brood's spell, and the man swipes back but he can't make contact, nor can his companion.

Mechanics:

Aretta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Cog: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 14

1d3 ⇒ 1
RS11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

RS Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

1d2 ⇒ 1
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

RS (Budos):
RS (Brood): 9

RS9:
RS10:
RS11: 8

Cog: 5
Aretta: 9


retired

Brood continues to move in a tight, focused dance as he slashes at the pirate before him yet again before sending another bit of acid arcing toward his foe.

Concentration (defensive): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Cutlass: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 = 15for: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Fog (1-20 miss): 1d100 ⇒ 75

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 2 = 14for: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Fog (1-20 miss): 1d100 ⇒ 10

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 18 (14 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 1/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Monkeyfish: 9/20 rounds
Shield: 8/20 rounds
Arcane Pool: +1/+1, 6/10 rounds


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 7

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 14/14
Weapon Equipped = Whip, Cutlass
Condition(s)= Aspect of the Bull (+2 to Str)

Nim watches the ropes come undone, and he growls out to those behind him. "They're succeeding here against our orders!!" He turns to Cog, and nods his thanks. "This'll only piss off Riaris, if we lose the boat overboard..." He looks back, but loses track of his target at the last moment.

Cutlass: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16 for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 19


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 7

Cargas keeps up the attack.

Cutlass attack:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 to hit; (+favenemy)
1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 damage.
1d100 ⇒ 86 81 to 100 = miss

Wow. My second crit miss of the combat. Damn you fog!

AC 12; HP 23/23


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos takes advantage of the tactical positioning to strike at the pirate in front of him.

Cutlass, flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Foggy, good high: 1d100 ⇒ 1

His perfect strike is thwarted by a foggy apparition, again, and the would-be pirate curses his luck. "Damned Besmara induced fog!"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

All these missed crits. The die roller giveth and the die roller taketh.

Round 7
Brood cuts down his foe with a vicious swing, but the swirling fog shows him Budos and Cargas having more trouble, their blows hampered by the obscuring mist. Budos ducks the sailor's blow, and the man -- seeming to realize the battle is lost -- cries out "Mercy!"

On the main deck, Nim's blow is also foiled by the thick fog, but Cog takes advantage of the opening his thrust provided, cutting down the closest sailor just in time to see the other two loose the final binding on the boat, leaping in as it falls into the ocean.

You hear amidst the sounds of battle other cries of celebration and several other calls for mercy as the Rahadoumi seem to realize the battle is all but lost.

Mechanics:

Cog: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d100 ⇒ 93

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

1d2 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d100 ⇒ 74

RS (Budos):

Cog: 5
Aretta: 9

Perception DC 10:

You see three more Rahadoumi sailors, one looking like a ship's officer, heading for the port side boat.


retired

Brood spits a curse as he hears one of the dinghies fall to the water behind him. Spinning from his efforts on the stern castle, he points toward the aft section of the boat and the trio making for the other dinghy. "Officer. Stop him." With that, the elf dashes to the side of the boat the other pair just escaped over and, without a hint of hesitation or fear, leaps down onto them from above.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Presuming that's a double move. If not and the acro check is poor enough to not stick the landing, I'll spend the remaining move rising from prone. Kinda hoping this knocks at least one of these guys into the water though.

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 18 (14 T / 14 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 1/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X], shield [X]

Ongoing Effects
Monkeyfish: 10/20 rounds
Shield: 9/20 rounds
Arcane Pool: +1/+1, 7/10 rounds


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Perception DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Although Bud hears the warning from Brood, the fog hides them from his vision so the half orc stays focused on his task.

"Drop yer weapons, swabs, and put yer hands in the air!" Budos yells at the remaining pirates guarding the wheel.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

When hands reach for the air and weapons clatter to the deck, Bud leaps over the near railing and claims the wheel. "This be our ship now, join our crew and live to see another sunset."


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Round 7

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Perception

Cargas holds his blows against those that surrender, not hitting a man who's down. Cargas stomps around, looking for foes and checking on 'friends'. He doesn't go after the fleeing sailors unless someone directs him to.

He will eventually end up near Gezza, thinking how to get the man back on his feet.

Cutlass attack if there are more foes:
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20 to hit; (+favenemy)
1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 damage.
1d100 ⇒ 79 81 to 100 = miss

AC 12; HP 23/23


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 8

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 14/14
Weapon Equipped = Whip, Cutlass
Condition(s)= Aspect of the Bull (+2 to Str)

Perception v DC 10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Unhappy that he couldn't stop the one boat from dropping, he takes note of the officer Brood points out. "I got him..."

The halfer-orc races across the deck, yelling. "Don't you even THINK about taking that boat!!"

Cutlass: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24 for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 50

edit:
Cutlass: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 for 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9 damage

He yells at the dwarf, too. "Come on, Cargas, and help take out the wretches trying to take off!!"

501 to 550 of 1,545 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.