Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Dungeon map / Island map / Open ocean map
Murderin' Murder upper decks /Murderin' Murder lower decks
GM's crew list / Crew icons


451 to 500 of 1,545 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Shivikah grunts in pain, then swings at the big ape again, again the truncheon bouncing off its hide to no effect.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Magilla tries to skirt around Shivikah, forgetting that he's cuffed about the neck with catch poles. For a moment, it looks like the ape would rather take a swing at a poler, since the Mwangi woman hasn't annoyed him nearly as much. When she renews her attack, Magilla squares off, roaring angrily. A quick glance, and Magilla has his command. This will be a trading of blows, not a mauling.

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage

If Shivikah is a slow learner...:

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 for 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage

If Shivikah is part Half-Orc...:

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage

The gorilla bludgeons until either he or she backs off, or collapses...

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

He's off the poles for the fight...

Shivikah remains standing for Magilla's second claw, but his follow-up attacks drop the big Mwangi woman into a bloody heap, to the cheers of many of the surrounding pirates.

She's unconscious and bleeding... Let me know if you guys want to do anything.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim whistles shrilly, moving into the circle. He steps into a thin puddle of Mwangi blood, his eyes moving from the ape to the woman. He claps twice towards Magilla, then brings his hands down on Shivikah, hoping to stabilize her for her troubles.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The ape stirs restlessly, but only looks on as Nim does his job. After emptying his healing stores, Nim steps out of the circle, choosing not to approach the ape at the moment. The ape looks perfectly fine for now.

The ape seems to be more interested in the mast and ropes than he does on the injured woman on the deck.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza steps forward as well, but it becomes clear that Nim's healing is more potent than his own medicinal know-how. Still, he cleans any wounds that remain and ensures none will fester.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Shivikah groans as she comes to under Nim's ministrations, crawling out of the circle and away from the ape.

Scourge gives a theatrical yawn.

"She's barely hurt, and that was boring. Let's see if we can't have some more fun. You and you. See if you can bring the beast down!" he says, pointing at Cargas and Maheem.

The big Rahadoumi gives his customary scowl as he moves forward.

Initiative:

1d21 ⇒ 20
1d21 ⇒ 2

Cargas: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Magilla: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Maheem: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Cargas is up, then Magilla.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

"What does it benefit a ship if its crew are all injured by mock fighting for the amusement of the officers when a real prize comes along?" Gezza asks in a loud voice, hypothetically.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim's body slouches in defeat, as he hears yet another round promised in which blood will be shed. He looks over at Shivikah, and regrets using both surges to heal her. Watching Gezza work, however, brings a small amount of comfort. He leans over to talk with Gezza as he works on the Mwangi woman. "Are you able to do that on animals, too?"


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza nods. "So long as the animal is calm and willing, yes. Although I guess I can calm them with my colorful spell. But it's better if they're calm. I take it by your hand language that the ape is with you?"


retired

Brood shifts as Offal and Maheem are ushered forward, settling his weight more on his back foot and angling his body slightly to be able to more easily slip into a bladed stance should things get out of hand. He notes the concern on Nim's face and his hushed exchange with Gezza, but it does little to dislodge his perpetual scowl as he keeps his peace and watches the so called 'entertainment' unfold.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision
Gezza wrote:
" I take it by your hand language that the ape is with you?"

Nim furrows his brow a little as Gezza inquires. "I've always felt like I'm with him, to tell truth. He won't see it my way, but we wouldn't be on this ship if he wasn't such a malcontent in the circus we ran with. Had to set off, and look where we end up..."


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos feels his orc blood boiling and an anger rises up in him that threatens to take control. Turning his attention from the fight before it gets the best of his emotions, Bud looks for other stragglers from the crew that aren't joining the spectacle.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas looks at Maheem, trying to figure out the hostile human. He turns to reject Scourge's invitation.

"If you're bored, Scourge, you can always come down here and fight instead. If I wanted to fight an ape, I'd go to your mother's bed. And I'll happily fight this big Rahadoumi. I'll make him believe in a god, I'll pummel him so hard. But I ain't fighting no ape," Cargas says, slipping out his knuckles and getting between the ape and Maheem.

Cargas spits at the feet of Maheem.

"If you can get through me, you can fight the ape."


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza nods. "I've heard of folks with such bonds. It's powerful, to be bound so close to the natural world. But don't feel too bad. I just came home to see my father and learned he died about six months back. Went into a bar to drink my sorrows and... here I am. The fates laugh at our plans, my friend."


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim nods, never letting his eyes off of Magilla. "I'm not sure how far he'll end up dragging me, but I'm thinking the first backside of a silverback is going to give him the go-ahead to take off into the forest. And that'll be alright by me. Sorry about your father. Hello, what's this?" Nim takes in Offal stepping up on... Maheem.

"Looks like we're all dancing monkeys to Scourge and his. Just good to see some kind of way we can stand up to their beatsticks."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"I was not told to fight you, dwarf," Maheem says. "I was told to fight the ape with you. Turn around and fight or we will both feel the lash."

At his words, you hear a crack in the air behind you as a whip snaps against Magilla. The sting does no real injury, but does startle the gorilla. He's got natural armor, so takes no damage.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

"Sucks to be you then," Cargas replies, his fists clenched. "I don't like the lash any more than the next one, but this ape doesn't deserve this. Nor do I, nor do you."

Cargas looks the Rahadoumi man up and down.

"If you were more man, you'd have enough backbone in your convictions to stand against what isn't right. And beating up on animals ain't it."


retired

A lowl growl of frustration rumbles in Brood's chest as he watches Offal, firm in his obstinance, flirt with Scourge's ire like this. Shaking his head, Sicarius considers stepping in and slugging the dwarf, but instead decides that interfering would likely only make things worse. With a deep frown, he holds his place and continues to watch the scene unfold.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Clearly I am a man, you fool. Do I look like a woman to you?"

He begins to move around the dwarf, toward the gorilla.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza shakes his head at the scene about to unfold. He whispers to Nim, "Can you signal for the ape to sleep or at least feign sleep?"

He stands up so that he can hit all three in a 15' cone and casts color spray! Will Save DC 15 or nighty night!


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas intercedes.

"You look like you're too afraid to swing at me, that's for sure. If you were a woman, you'd probably have a backbone and some guts. You're just a weak ass human."


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision
Gezza wrote:
"Can you signal for the ape to sleep or at least feign sleep?"

Nim takes a moment to register, then nods slowly. "Yeah, part of his act was playing dead to a fake dagger throw. I might be able to..."

Nim can't get the ape's attention, as the whip cracks...


The combined snap of the whip, and the hostile posturing of the Rahadoumi man is all it takes for the ape to make his decision. Pushing past the boulder of a man, Magilla targets Maheem. He pounds his chest in alpha posturing himself, then swings a meaty arm.

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 for 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage

Will Save v DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

I'll leave the adjudication of timing to our honorable GM :)


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

assuming Budos' 21 Perception didn't notice anyone missing from the crowd?

Budos start maneuvering into to position to intercept Plugg's minions should they be directed at the dwarf or ape. we'll be tangling soon enough and they need us to sail this boat, best show a little strength to make sure our newest friends believe in us

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Cargas Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Magilla Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Maheem Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Gezza's spell washes over the trio, knocking out both Maheem and Magilla, though Cagas remains on his feet as the pirates cry out in surprise and alarm.

Just as things seem set to devolve into a greater melee, a voice from above calls out: Ship ahoy!"

Various pirates begin to scramble as Capt. Harrigan issues orders to pursue, and the sails quickly billow as they fill with wind.

As the evening wears on, the Wormwood gradually gains on the other ship, and by dawn, less than half a mile separates the two.

And with that, I think we'll finish up until I return from my trip down to ... ironically, the Caribbean, though I don't plan on any piracy while I'm there (some wenching, sure, but no piracy). As a going-away present, however, you can all discover a new level (finally).


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

For next time, Cargas gets the dwarfy +2 vs. weak ass spells, poisons, & spell-likes in the future. Not that it matters here.

Cargas rubs his eyes, looking cross eyed at Gezza, a quizzical look on his face. It then turns to anger.

"What the piddlespot did you just do to me, human?" Cargas looks irate that Gezza interrupted his fun. Some serious good ol' fun. "When I'm done with you, you're going to have rainbows shooting out your arse! We'll be hanging you up by your butt when there is fog. We'll use you to signal for safe passage..."

Cargas rolls up his sleeves, moving to punch the lights out of Gezza.

lookout wrote:
"Ship Ahoy!"

Cargas looks up, then looks around, confused for a moment and uncertain what is happening. His fun was yet again ruined. Groaning inwardly, Cargas slips his knuckles back into their hidey spot and runs off to do whatever he's supposed to do.

Enjoy your trip, Motte. I'm a bit jealous.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

"Well, he's out. His right leg would be bending at the knee for his kick-up. How long is he out?" Nim looks at Gezza somewhat unsure, but not overly worried.

When the call goes out regarding pursuit of another ship, and the buzz arises among his fellow crew, the halfer-orc feels a small sense of relief as he oversees the ape's return to consciousness. For a moment, the gorilla tries and fails to throw out an arm. Fortunate for Nim, the primate recognizes him before he can lash out, as his body remains paralyzed for several seconds longer than his sight finally restoring.

"That's a helluva blast, Gezza. Friends, right?" Nim looks half-serious about the question.

For the number of times they've had to drag a mate down below after a lashing, Nim carts Magilla, still somewhat dazed and confused, down below, where Nim communicates to him to stay put in the cargo hold. He looks on the cage, and shakes his head. For everyone's attentions on the second ship, Magilla plants himself between a couple of barrels, and stretches out-of-sight.

Nim bolts back up, and throws his hand in for the pursuit. He's not green enough to be confused on their purpose. A fight is coming, let's just hope we still have a ship after the cannons... ah hells...


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza smiles at Plugg. "I win, right?" He grins at Nim and nods. "Definitely friends, mate. He'll be out for about a minute and cranky for another minute. No lasting harm done, I assure you."

Gezza freezes when the ship's call comes. "Wait. We finally see action?!?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

As the ships close Riaris Krine summons you to the Wormwood’s poop deck.

“The ship’s wheel is on the aft deck, just below the sterncastle," she says. "You’re going to grapple the f*&@ over, kill the cocksucking guards on the f@&@ing sterncastle, take the wheel, and guard the ship’s boats. Kill any monsterf!*!er who tries to get away on one of the boats. Don’t move from the wheel until the fighting’s done, or you’ll have to answer the f!&@ to me, you pieces of brine-crusted s+!#. Oh yeah, as we get close, it’s going to get foggy. Just stick to what I told you to do.

"You, Numbskull, you're in charge!" she adds, pointing to Nimrod. "Any of you green s+$~stains still need a weapon? If so, speak up now and we'll get you one from the armory."


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza smiles broadly at the Weaponsmaster. "I could use a club or a staff. Also, your words are like poetry to my soul. Have you ever performed at the Kintargo Opera house?"


retired

Sicarius rolls his broad shoulders and answers Krine as he stares off at the nearing vessel, "A cutlass." The broad chested elf then stretches his neck by slowing tipping his head from side to side.

Status:

HP: 15/15
AC: 14 (14 T / 10 FF)
CMD: 17
F/R/W: +3/+3/+3 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 0/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [ ]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare, read magic
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [ ], shield [ ]

Ongoing Effects

Just prior to boarding, Brood will first cast monkey fish upon himself, then shield!


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7
motteditor wrote:
"You, Numbskull, you're in charge!" she adds, pointing to Nimrod. "Any of you green s!*&stains still need a weapon? If so, speak up now and we'll get you one from the armory."

Cargas jumps on this point immediately.

"Yes, you piddlespotting axe hoarder! Gimme my piddlespotting axe and armor back and I'll go solo over there and take the damn ship over by myself. You all can sit here and see who's going to be the Prancing Elf King of the Sparkly Forest!"

They still have Cargas' war axe and leather armor.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

"Ooo! Dibs on the crown of the Sparkly Forest!" Gezza says, raising his hand.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision
Riaris wrote:
"You, Numbskull, you're in charge!" she adds, pointing to Nimrod. "Any of you green s!&#stains still need a weapon? If so, speak up now and we'll get you one from the armory."

Nim freezes as Riaris calls him out. "My scorpion whip. If there's fog coming, I'll need something a little more face-to-face. You could also give me back my bow, and we can try and shoot through the fog as we close the distance. How foggy are we expecting?" Nim closes distance with Riaris, his voice taking on a deadly serious tone.

"You know, the more bodies we launch along the grapple lines, the better chance we get a good group on their deck. I'm not ordering you, of course, as I'm taking orders from you, but you saw Magilla take down Shivikah like a paper doll. You let him scale those ropes, I can guarantee his bite will be on our side."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Nim turns to the others. "Alright, boys. Looks like we're cannon fodder, so unless you have something you can attack with while we close, keep your head down, and wait for the call to lob your grappling hooks. You heard Riaris. We're taking the wheel, and we're defending the boats. If it means killing, I hope you're square with it. I've come to understand that we'll not be shown any kindness, likely, and I've come to appreciate your company, so I'd like to see you all survive this." Nim shoots a look at Gezza, then Brood.

He claps Bud on the shoulder, then punches Cargas in the arm. "Attack those who look important first, and we might shake down the swabs when they see their superiors fall."

He pulls Gezza aside. "That blast of yours... it can help us to avoid killing, right? I think we should try to avoid killing if we can. Yeah. Just..." Nim tries to look comfortable with the man and his power. "...just get over there safe. That blast'll really help, as long as we don't lose you over the side..."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Stay here," Riaris orders and returns a short time later with a club and cutlass, handing the former to Gezza and the latter to Cargas.

"Take those and be happy. You're f*#&ing lucky we're about to plunder the f&$% out of that s$~+ty ship, or you'd be on the f$&&ing whipping pole because of your a*!***@ mouths," she snarls to the pair.

She seems to consider Nim's words carefully but frowns.

"I'm not f%+~ing risking this s~~+ on a g%~*%!ned ape. It won't just be you and me f%&+ing tasting the f~$*ing lash if he f~*~s this up. You want two other sailors, just name 'em, but the f~*+ing ape stays in his s%!+-covered cage."

Cutlass: One-Handed Melee Weapon, 1d6, 18–20/×2, 4 lbs., Slashing


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas stares at the offered weapon, annoyed.

"What the f$#$ is this?! I think I used this exact piece of s@$+ to chop onions yesterday! I need a real f&&~ing weapon, not the same thing you use to shave your private parts!!"


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim studies Riaris for genuine malice, and finds none. His thoughts turn over in frustration nonetheless. His eyes slowly darken as he makes his decision. "Alright then, I want Owlbear and... Plugg."

Nim looks Riaris over for a weapon or two himself. "About my whip or bow? You think the fog'll cut down our chances for ranged attacks?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

"Ha!" Riaris barks at Nim. "Those two have duties elsewhere. You've got f*~~ing balls the size of a c~+$~#!@+* dwarf's head, but you're not an officer, Numbskull. Try again, and f!&%ing trim your g*+%+#n sails! As for weapons, you're not going to be able to see s@*~ or hit s%%~ with the fog, but that means the a%+%*~*s over there can't either."

Do you not have a weapon, Nim? If not, she'll have brought you one too, also a cutlass.

She scowls at Cargas, and lets her hand falls to the hilt of her own blade.

"One more chance, dwarf. Talk to me like that again and you'll spend a couple days in the sweatbox if you make it through this battle." The cold malice in her voice is obvious.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision
Riaris wrote:
"Ha! Those two have duties elsewhere. You've got f%*!ing balls the size of a c&&$!%+#!@ dwarf's head, but you're not an officer, Numbskull. Try again, and f~#@ing trim your g$&*%#n sails!"

Nim recognizes quickly that he's overstepped his position, and nods in resignation. Plugg, your time'll come. Just not today... "Alright then, let's see what Cog and Aretta can do."

The halfer-orc secures his whip, and takes the cutlass besides. Hearing Riaris reprimand the dwarf, Nim nods, and pulls Cargas away from the woman, hoping the dwarf barks at him for putting paws on him instead of taking the bait.

"Cargas, steady. Those thoughts of yours? Well and good if they rattle around your head, but letting them slide off your tongue, well... that's only good for getting you worse and worse punishments. We need your strength, and their lashes strip you of it." Nim looks steadily at the dwarf, trying to get Offal's eyes off of Riaris.


retired

Brood stares hard at Riaris and holds up empty hands, "Did you forget mine?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Whoops, sorry, missed that you needed one, Brood. She'd have brought you a cutlass as well.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos also claims a cutlass, the first actual weapon he has held since arriving on the ship, and leaps to follow Nim's orders. "To the wheel, and our first spoils of piratin'"


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza nods at Nim. "I'm with you, sir. Lead on!"


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim waits as the ships continue on their intercepting courses. Until now, death was something for the highwire walkers, and even then, they had magics to prevent ugly falls. Ugly falls made for bad business, bad reputations.

Even on the Wormwood, death was discouraged by the crew's own hands, forgetting, of course, the unforgiving nature of, well, nature. Now, death was inevitable, for someone. A drop from the grapple ropes, that's the first lion's hoop. Men with their own cutlasses waiting for you to slip aboard, that's the second. So many things ready to go wrong.

The halfer-orc turns to his smaller band. "This is going to be tricky, since you have to weigh your ability to scuttle across the rope quickly, but safely. I'd err on the side of caution, since we have... fog... promised us..." Nim pauses, as he becomes more certain that the fog will come when bidden, as his magics allow him to call upon his own. "Right. You'll do us no good falling into the brine, so one thing at a time."

He leans in, speaking in hushed tones, out of earshot of both Cog and Aretta. "We have two more joining us. Like Riaris said, the more bodies to spread the chance, the better. We go first. They should follow, so we don't worry that somehow the grapple will come loose after they set foot on deck. We defend each other first, them second. It's nothing too personal, but you know what your decision will be if you have to help Gezza or Aretta, should the problem arise. Got it?"

Nim kneels, and tightens the rope on his grapple, and waits for the sign.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7
Riaris wrote:
"...you'll spend a couple of days in the sweatbox..."

Sweatbox? Is that what your call your bed, do you? Like I'd lower...

Cargas bites back his reply after Nimrod's warning. He says nothing else to Riaris, but it's clear this isn't over in Cargas' mind. Proper weaponry is important. He turns his attention to Nimrod for the task at hand.

He tests out his cutlass, swishing it from side to side like some fencing waif. He grimaces.

He's ready to go.


retired

Brood tests the heft and balance of his own cutlass once Riaris produces it from behind her back with a crude comment and a sideways grin. "Right. Funny joke." He turns toward the bow of the boat, his eyes fixed on the nearing vessel and a great deal of the tension in the elf's shoulders and neck seems to evaporate as his hand closes comfortably around the hilt of the sword. "This will do," he says darkly to no one in particular before sliding the blade back into a loose, heavy loop on his belt.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Cog and Aretta join you, the former pulling out a shortbow while the latter hefts a throwing axe, along with other weapons at their hip.

The two ships move inexorably closer, screams of rage emanating from both sides as the crew of the Man’s Promise begins to bombard the Wormwood with missiles, mainly crossbow bolts, but also with two ballistas on the sterncastle, which target the Wormwood's rigging in a futile attempt to slow the pirate ship.

Suddenly, as promised, banks of heavy mist suddenly envelop the enemy ship, and you can hear cries of alarm emanate from the other side, though the missiles barely slow.

You've got four rounds before the ships close. I don't think any of you have managed to get any range weapons, though at least some of you have some magic if you want to employ it. Let me know what you want to do in those four rounds, keeping in mind that the enemy is firing toward your ship. Before the fog rolled in, you spotted five sailors on the sterncastle of the Man's Promise, and three more on the aft deck. Combat map is updated, though it's actually for when the ships are together so isn't quite accurate. Brood, these four rounds can be when you cast your two spells you mentioned earlier.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

No ranged weapons nor spells here.

Once he is satisfied with his handling of the cutlass, Cargas takes cover behind a railing/mast/elf/whatever as he waits out the four rounds for the ships to close. He does take the time to don his brass knuckles on his left hand.

"C'mon you saggin' manboobs! Let's get 'em!"


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza crouches near some cover, trying not to present a target for the archers on the enemy ship. He does grab a nearby coil of rope, readies himself with a deep breath and a calming slow series of breaths, and gets ready for the attack!


retired

Mott, how are we handling the movement of the ships? When the two ships come side-to-side in round 4, if someone goes in the water, do the moving ships leave them in the proverbial dust or are we treating them as stationary platforms for simplicity's sake?

It's espeically relevant for Brood as his plan is currently:
Round 2- cast monkey fish
Round 3- cast shield
Round 4- dive into the water and swim to far side of boat
Round 5/6- climb far side of boat in stunning pincer maneuver!

451 to 500 of 1,545 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.