Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Dungeon map / Island map / Open ocean map
Murderin' Murder upper decks /Murderin' Murder lower decks
GM's crew list / Crew icons


251 to 300 of 1,545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza reels back, his eyes rolling up in his head as he topples backward, unconscious.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

"Gezza? You there?" Cargas lifts up his aching head when he hears Gezza's thump.

Oops.

"Lil help here? Hello?" Cargas looks around the bunkhouse for some help.

Looks like non-lethal heals at 1hp per hour, Gezza, so you should be right as rain come the morning. Cargas will be 9/14 hp.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision
Budos wrote:
"Oye, friend. Join me for a trip to see Grok later, a meeting of the halfsies. We new swabs need to stick together."

Nim flinches initially as Budos grabs him, trying to instantaneously assess how he might have angered the other half-orc. His spine straightens as he hears both the words of Budos, and the growl in the back of his mind reprimanding him for his first instinct. His face relaxes as Budos invites him to meet Grok.

"You got it. Although I think we're outta luck tonight, what, with her shop being closed." Nim points at the purse. "You better sleep with one eye open. Wouldn't put it past them to steal back their loss." Nim smiles toothily. "No worries. I'll take watch, like usual."

As Nim readies to take the steps, he hears Cargas up and punch. His side gaze becomes his full gaze, taking in the slumping Gezza, and slowly realizing he's got no more healing essence to bring forward for the actual healer.

Cargas wrote:
"Lil help here? Hello?"

Nim shakes his head as he moves to the steps and starts up. "Well done, dwarf. No way he'll remember your blow, the next time he thinks about healing you..." The halfer-orc snorts, unable to envy Gezza's head throb when he gains consciousness.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Bud growls and helps the KOed carpenter into a cot beside the dwarf. "Brilliant, now we're doing Plugg's job for him." His skills lacking, Budos does his best to emulate the healing actions he's observed in the past. Gently slapping Gezza in the face repeatedly, Bud urges him to recover. "Come on, lad, shake it off."

Heal, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 11


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7
Budos Kaloz wrote:
"Brilliant, now we're doing Plugg's job for him."

Cargas groans, both for his own pain and for Gezza's.

"I didn't mean to...he startled me, that's all," Cargas explains. "Them whips hurt, they did...and I ain't used to being touched like that."

Despite the pain, Cargas gets out of bed to kneel beside Gezza.

"I'm sorry, Gezza. I'll make it up to you, I promise. I didn't mean to do that...you'll know when I mean to do that," Cargas says to Gezza's comatose body. "I'll make it up to you. I...I don't mean to harm nobody who don't harm me."

Cargas grabs a rag, spits on it, then dabs it on Gezza's head, seeking to soothe the man in his coma perfectly enhanced and forced normal sleep cycle.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

"Lemme sleep, Da... School's not for hours, Da..." the unconscious Gezza mumbles as he slips from unconsciousness into a deep sleep.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Upstairs, Nim finds much of the crew in a fine mood, singing and joking under the stars as the ship bobs in the gentle ocean waves. Sticking out in the crowd is Rosie Cusswell, who looks more angry than happy.

"Damn Grok won't give me my fiddle," Nim can hear her complaining several times. "I don't care what it takes. Hell, I'd even give Conchobhar another look if he could get it for me. Even Plugg and Scourge, damn them."

--

Gezza, ignored by the massive Owlbear -- who seems to be either sulking or possibly crying, eventually retreats back downstairs, where his attempt to tend to Cargas ends poorly. He wakes to find Sandara sitting on her haunches over him, his and Cargas' wounds both all but gone plus 9 hp.

"You lot look like a mess," she says as the carpenter's eyes open. "I don't know what happened to you, but the hammocks make a more comfortable bed than the deck."

2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Going to try to do a couple days here...

Day 6
Day six dawns to gray clouds, though most of your sores seem to have been dealt with after a night's sleep. As you make your way up to the deck, Owlbear flinches away from Cargas, which brings some impressed comments from some of the nearby crewmembers. Cargas gets +2 to all future attempts to influence NPCs After assembling, you quickly get your marching orders for the day.

Budos: You're on upper rigging work, 50 feet up. DC 10 Climb check(s) as needed to get up there, followed by a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

Gezza: You're tying and untying knots in the ship’s ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. Also need a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Nim: You're swabbing the decks, backbreaking work mopping the decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called holystones DC 10 Strength or Constitution check. Failing either check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Sicarius: You're catching rats and other vermin belowdecks DC 10 Stealth check, Survival check, or Dexterity check

Cargas: Kroop wants you to help prepare dinner, but seems sober enough to handle it almost all himself, meaning you're mostly sitting around watching.

You can all take a daytime action, plus one or two nighttime actions. I'm going to gloss over the rum rations, I think, as I'm not enjoying that part of the adventure.

Day 7
As your first week on the Wormwood comes to an end, you wake to gray, sullen skies. The ship's work goes on as usual, however.

Budos and Gezza, you're assigned to the same tasks as the previous day. Nim, much to your dismay, you find yourself back in the bilges DC 12 Strength check, plus a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued. Sicarius, you're once again running messages. DC 10 Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check. Failing the Constitution check results in being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Cargas, Fishguts sends you out to hunt leatherback sea turtles, handing you a trio of harpoons, as well as treble hooks and nets. DC 10 Profession (fisherman) or Survival check provides enough food.

You can all again take a daytime action, plus one or two nighttime actions.

Mechanics:

Budos: Rigger 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
Gezza: Swab 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
Nimrod: Swab 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Sicarius: Swab 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
Cargas: Cook's mate 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
2d2 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4


retired

Day 5 (forgot to roll my nighttime action!)

Settled after a time of thoughtful introspection, Brood doesn’t feel as much of the electric frustration as he did before, the ship, and by extension the world at large, now starting to make a bit more sense. As he goes to return to his hammock for the night, he stops short at the sight of Owlbear, chained up once more. ”Sorry. For how they made you fight like that tonight. Next time those dogs force you into the ring, would you want to fight me instead? We could make sure neither of us gets hurt too badly.” Regardless of the man’s answer, Brood leaves him with an orange and uses a simple cantrip to clean the blanket he’d left for the miserable man last time. He rises and retires then, offering a stern, respectful nod to Owlbear as he goes.
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Day 6 (Day: Influence, Night: Influence)
Sicarius’ scowl darkens his face for the majority of the day as he stalks and hunts vermin below decks, his tall elven frame hunched in the tight quarters. Still, despite his discomfort, the elf does the day's work well enough. He spends the time shifting from one hold to another and up and down from the deck trying to learn what he might about some of his other shipmates.

Dexterity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Gather Info (Jack Scrimshaw): 1d20 ⇒ 17

[dice=Gather Info ("Caulky" Tarroon)]1d20[/dice]

Day 7 (Day: Influence, Night: Influence)
After a week of time aboard the Wormwood Sicarius still didn't know too many of those serving alongside him. Though his message running proved taxing, he still tried to learn what he might of another pair of shipmates.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Constitution: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Gather Info (Maheem): 1d20 ⇒ 19

[dice=Gather Info (Crimson "Cog" Cogward)]1d20[/dice]


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas startles, then smiles as Sandara comes for healing. A big grin escapes Cargas' face as Gezza stirs.

"Gezza? I'm really, sorry," Cargas offers a hand to lift Gezza up. "You startled me. I'm real sorry..." Cargas brushes off Gezza as if that will fix everything, still apologetic.

* * *
Day 6:

Cargas still helps Fishguts, but does so while telling the cook all about his fight with Owlbear.

"Oh, you shoulda been there! I round on him..and he had a mean look in his one eye," Cargas continues. "You note that? Just one eye! Not both! Just one...one mean eye." Cargas puts his dukes up, a potato in one hand, a yam in the other. "That was the key, his one eye, Fishguts!"

"After he got me good one, that's when I realized that he couldn't see so good from his left eye, he couldn't. And that's when I went to work, you see," Cargas bobs and weaves, demonstrating the fight. "I struck, then moved to his left. I struck then feinted to his left...ayep...that's what I did. POW! POW! POW!!"

Cargas then talks more about Plugg and the club, the brass knuckles (which he has yet to get back from Budos) and the whipping. Cargas winces at the last, knowing that he was due back for another round of whips that night.

During the day, Cargas will work.

* * *Evening, Day 6* * *

Cargas takes his whippin' less kindly than he did yesterday, cussing and spitting until he breaks down to tears as the whip hits him again and again.
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 whip #4
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 whip #5
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 whip #6
But he walks away from it, somewhat proudly, if stiltedly. HP 4/14

At night and with a nod to Brood, will try to use his new found fame to make a friend, trying to make it up to Owlbear, talking about the fight and making friends.

1d20 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 17 Diplomacy to Influence

Day 7:

Cargas looks at the harpoons and smiles. "Fishin' and harpoonin', huh?" Cargas hefts and tests the 'poons appreciatively. "Ah yeah, I can do this. Heck, you give me a net too and I'll capture a nice mermaid wife for you, Fishguts! HAWHAW!!"

Cargas laughs at his joke. Then makes similar jokes as he passes by random crew on his way to fishing.

"Ayep, looking to get you a whale. I hear you like women of that size."
"Oh yeah, going fishing for your mom! I hear she got 8 tentacles and one eye!"
"Careful now, wouldn't want you to get caught up in his hook net! Wouldn't want to ruin your face...come to think of it, maybe it would be an improvement! HAWHAW!!"
"Oh, I was told to bring in a fat one...you fit the bill, but I'll let you go for now. HAWHAW!!"

Cargas fishes happily.

1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 4 = 29 Survival - work diligently

Cargas will try to use his new found fame again, again with Owlbear.

1d20 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 14 Diplomacy to Influence


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza gives a start when he looks up and sees Sandara standing over him. "Well, you're definitely not my father, though if I knew you were waking me for classes, I definitely would not have protested!" He stands up, gingerly touching his face to make certain it's not bruised. "Offal! It's fine, it really is. Not the first time I've had a patient react a little violently when they wake. Still, at least you're armed with claws or teeth like knives... That made for a strange scar."

Day 6
Strength: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 4 = 7 and Con: 1d20 ⇒ 4 Gezza decides that keeping his head down is his best defense and he works diligently the day after the brawl. That night he seeks out Sandara and asks her about her life. Charisma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Day 7
Strength: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 4 = 24 and Con: 1d20 ⇒ 18 After his dismal performance the day before, Gezza stays diligent, hoping to make up for his miserable day...

I have animate ropes memorized. Would that help me at all with my terrible rolls if I cast it?

That evening he sips his rum and decides to strike up a conversation with Maheem, perhaps over their shared time in Rahadoum. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Cargas got his knuckles back:

Day 6

Budos takes his time climbing the ropes take 10 for 20 on the climb checks, but works in the upper rigging quickly to save a little time for shopping at Grok's store later.

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

As he makes his way to the store Bud nabs any of his new companions that are eager for a shopping trip. "Oye, lads, let's get a little of our gear back."

How does shopping work, Mott, standard price for any items we want back? Would Bud know that Rosie wants her fiddle?"

That evening he tries to get the newest castaways together and discuss plans for keeping them armed and protected from Plugg's minions. "He'll keep testing us, but make no mistake of it, we're meant to be the first row of casualties when push comes to shove. We've been on the water near a week now with no sight of another boat. Something feels off about this voyage, stay alert and save yer energy for the right moment. These coins should get us the basics." Budos jangles what's left of the winnings. "What's the lot of you need from yer stolen gear?"

if Bud retrieved the fiddle earlier he'll give that to Rosie, otherwise he'll try to influence her "And how do you make these long days at sea more enjoyable, when the monotony sets in and the air sits still?"

Influence Rosie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Day 7

Budos again works in the upper rigging, careful to climb, but quick to finish his tasks.

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

When time allows he makes another shopping trip to Grok's to secure the items the party requested the prior evening. At the end of the day he relaxes with his rum and presses Conchobar for entertainment. "Come on, buddy, a little entertainment this evening, you've the look of a performer about you."

Influence Concho: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7
Budos Kaloz wrote:
When the dwarf finally wakes, Budos welcomes him back to consciousness. "I thought you were Cargas the Carcass for sure after that beating, lucky he saved a few lashes for tomorrow instead of peeling yer hide today." With a grin the big green man returns the brass knuckles. "They didn't seem none interested in taking these, or nobody noticed. Plugg gave over his pouch of coins and didn't lash me once for insolence. I'll be damned if I can figure out what game they're playing at, they whup me for not drinking rum and you for fighting a fair fight, but they pay up on bets and let us talk at them like dockside bums?"

Oops, just missed this, sorry. :(

Cargas smiles as his brass beauties are returned to him. He takes his time to hide them again on his person.

"Yeah, I'm not sure what the rules are either, but they are always stacked against us, that's for sure. No worries, though...I'm a survivor. I'll get by and deal at least as much damage to them as they do me," Cargas flexes his back, judging the hurt still. "They may make another run at me or they may decide they've had enough. Not too sure yet," Cargas says, "but you should watch your back. They might move on to easier prey."


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Day 6

Nim takes his orders well enough, glad that his sweat will be the only thing smelling him up. He gives a sheepish grin to Brood as he heads below to pursue vermin.

Strength Check v DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Taking Budos up on his suggestion to visit Grok, Nim follows the mostly-orc to the shop, informing him of Rosie's proclivities for the fiddle. "She's pissed, and Grok's the ticket."

Meeting Grok, Nim doesn't bother with shopping. He talks up the her-orc, and her place on the ship. "I find myself aboard this ship, and in all my time with the circus, not one other half-orc, and here and now, I've met not one, but three of my kind. So, you feel more human, or more orc?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Avoiding fatigue, Nim is able to summon up the energy to continue figuring out ways of avoiding making enemies. He targets the Mwangi Shivikah, hoping to befriend the warrior-like woman. "Shoulda bet on you last time you fought Badger. You've got some strength in you, you do. You come aboard willingly, or unconsciously?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Day 7

Next day, Nim tries to keep his disappointment in check as he's assigned to the Bilges again. Another day of smelly water and aching muscles. He keeps his head down, and keeps pumping. Work Diligently

Strength Check v DC 12: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 4 = 14
Constitution Check v DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 14

That night, he keeps up his friendly disposition with Shivikah. "Alright, do you happen to know more than we new runts, about where we're headed, or what we are likely to encounter into the next week?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Gah. Doing 2 days is twice as much work as doing 1 day!

Gezza, I'd say you can get a +2 bonus on rope work using animate ropes. Budos, shopping at the store works like normal, though you could also barter for your items if you have anything to barter.

Day 6
Sicarius learns Jack really takes his carving work seriously -- there's a reason everyone calls him Jack Scrimshaw, which certainly wasn't the name he was born with. He's likely be well disposed toward anyone who can get him some better tools a set of masterwork artisan's tools would do the trick. He has less luck learning about Caulky, who Sandara suggests he should just leave alone -- "She spends her time with the captain, and that farther you can stay away from him, the better," she whispers as she hears the elf ask about the cabin girl.

Cargas' attempts to get to know Owlbear don't go well, as the big man sullenly glares at the dwarf, hands clenched into fists. It's clear he hasn't forgotten the beating laid on him, and it will take more than a day or two for things to be made right between the two of them.

Sandara is only too happy to talk to Gezza. Her eyes fill with tears as she explains she was the daughter of a poor fisherman and a seamstress in Hell Harbor.

"My parents worked hard, and they didn't have much time for me, so I spent most of it on the streets, where I learned to look after herself. I worked on the docks when I could get a job and I think I got a good eye for trouble and a reputation for standing up for myself. I had more fingers on my hand than years when I started spending time in the bars and taverns of Hell Harbor and I was sailing by the age of 12. ...

"Anyway, I found my faith one night when a fleet of fishermen, including my da, was lost in a powerful storm. Besmara answered my prayers and sent Da home to me, so I set up a small chapel on the docks for her. But my Da died three weeks ago --" she chokes up as she says this "-- and I decided to go to sea, live my life to the hilt."

She gives a wry grin.

"I got as far as Port Peril before I got caught up like you and ended up here," she concludes, slapping the rail of the Wormwood.

Bud and Nim head to the store, where Grok acknowledges having the fiddle, but wants the full purse of 100 gp for it let me know what you decide with that, as it'll affect what happens with Rosie. As he's thinking it over, Nim and Grok chat, trying to stay out of Fishguts (and Cargas') way.

She grins toothily at his question and winks. "Depends on my mood and who I'm with. Sometimes I'm all human, sometimes I'm all orc," she says with a wink.

Later that night, Nim's approach with Shivikah seems to work well.

"Neither," she says, laughing harshly as she reminisces. "I was on a Chelaxian slaver coming out of Eleder when we were boarded by the Wormwood. Given the choice after the fight, I decided I'd rather serve under this captain than end up like the cargo. It's not the best haul I've been on, though it definitely smells better than my last ship. Anyway, I been here since then."

Day 7
Sicarius' work running keeps him busier than it ever has and he has little time to learn more about his crewmates, being interrupted with more work every time he stops to ask a question. Gezza has little more luck, his attempt to talk to Maheem failing when the big man turns his back and heads below with Aretta.

Budos' discussion with Conchobhar goes better than Gezza's and Owlbear's: "I saw you trying to talk to Rosie last night," the gnome says with a scowl. "Did she say anything about me? She is spectacular, but I fear she doesn't like men. How else could she resist my undeniable charms?"

Nim chats again with Shivikah, who seems to warm up to the genial half-orc. "Circus? That's ... no, I can't say I've ever done that. I've seen that big Sargavan race, but never no circus."

Give you a chance to respond to this, and decide what you want to do in terms of gear and then we'll head on to Day 8.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas nods at Owlbear, certainly understanding the hard feelings. He doesn't rub things in (as much as he wants to), but leaves the 'bear alone.

No need to poke a slumbering bear.

Having talked himself out for the day, Cargas doesn't attempt anything else. He tried to make amends.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos tries to negotiate for a few daggers along with the fiddle. "Come on, Grok, I've got a 100 gold coins, surely we can add two daggers to that purchase? What's two extra coins for a few items from our own gear?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

either way Budos will purchase the fiddle and give it to Rosie

"My friend here", Bud gestures to Nim, "said you wanted your fiddle back. Figured it would benefit us all to have a little music in the evenings." Budos hands the fiddle over with care to the short woman.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Grok shakes her head.

"Sorry, Budos, I like you well enough, but I'm not risking a f%~@ing keelhauling for you," she says. "100 gold or try getting a fiddle somewhere else."

With a sigh, the half-orc hands over Plugg's purse, and Grok opens a locker and pulls out a small well-made fiddle, handing it over. You get the impression she could give you a break at some point, but it'd be doing you a favor and you'd need to make a better Diplomacy roll.

That evening, Rosie is thrilled as Budos presents her with the instrument!

"My fiddle!" she exclaims with a wide grin, snatching it from the half-orc. "How did you get this?!"

She hugs Budos tightly -- enough that it's painful despite her diminutive stature -- and then quickly sets to tightening knobs and testing the strings before playing out a quick reel that starts the night of chanteys going.

Day 8
After the raw previous day, you're woken to the sound of rain on the deck and quickly discover strong winds and high waves buffeting the Wormwood as you assemble on the deck.

"There's a storm comin'," Plugg shouts, "and it's gonna be a bad one. Yer all in the riggings today!"

As you set to the task, the hard, driving rain lashes the ship, which seems to come crashing down with murderous force from the peak of each swell. DCs are 2 harder than usual, which is reflected in the listings below

Budos and Gezza are assigned to rigging repair DC 12 Climb check(s) to reach the rigging 30 feet up (remember you may need more than one), followed by a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check..

Cargas, you've got upper rigging work 50 feet up, requiring DC 12 Climb checks, followed by a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

Nim, Plugg sets you tough work raising and lowering the mainsail DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Strength check plus a DC 12 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

And Sicarius, you're on ropes, keeping them properly coiled, stores and secured. DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check

Mechanics:

Budos: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Cargas: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Gezza: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Nimrod: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Sicarius: 1d6 ⇒ 4
1d4 ⇒ 1


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas was already walking down the galley when he realizes that he's been reassigned. He frowns. He gives a look to see if others misheard anything, then stumps on over to the rigging.

"Ah, good. I haven't been up on these ropes much so far. Good air and good exercise," Cargas says to no one in particular as he begins to climb.

Take 10 Climb = 17.

Moving steadily up the rigging, Cargas looks over the boat and crew like he hasn't seem them before. It was the first time he's had deck duty, and would use it to check out the different jobs as well as admire the flat blue scenery.

When on the upper rigging, Cargas will rig. And rig like he's rigged before. As if his skill were rigged.

Take 10 Prof (Sailor) = 17.

Ah yeah, now this is sailing!


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim frowns as he's assigned to sail raising. Can't be that much different from raising and lowering the main tents, I guess... He silently gestures at Ratline, making sure he's not getting ready to do something he'll regret, as he goes.

The storm winds blowing in gives an extra lift to the halfer-orc's pull. The smashing waves, though they thoroughly soak through Nim's clothing, only remind him to use all his strength to make sure the job is done well.

Strength Check v DC 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Constitution Check v DC 12: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Fatigue setting in quickly, Nim grows silent for both his lack of energy, as well as the futility of trying to yell above the crashing waves...


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos works diligently through the storm, the fear of falling overboard a greater motivation than the lash.

if we can take 10 on these daily checks then Budos will usually do that, but just in case...

Climb check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Climb check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Climb check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Profession Sailor check, diligent: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10

oofff, guess that possible taking 10 will make a difference

Bud watches the dwarf mutter at the storm and climb around above him without concern in the high winds. Glad that one is on my side, or me his, either way the short man seems to be the toughest among us


retired

Work diligently

Besmara's favor is not with Sicarius as the storm approaches, as the elf struggles to keep the ropes clear in the scramble upon the decks. Prof (sailor): 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10

Status:

HP: 9/9
AC: 14 (14 T / 10 FF)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +2/+3/+2 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 0/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [ ]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [ ]

Ongoing Effects


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Would love to take 10 on the climb checks, for a total of 12!

If not, Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 and Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Retry climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11, Climb again: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Dex check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

After struggling, Gezza makes it up the ropes and proceeds to put his agile fingers to use, applying a little magic where necessary, using mage hand and one spell of animate rope to help out! He keeps one eye on the sky, feeling the breathing of the ship through the ropes and mast, his feelings reaching out to the great beast they ride.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

With the storm, I'm going to say no taking 10. That seems like the definition of being in immediate danger/distracted to me. :)

That said, Cargas can't fail his Climb checks enough to fall, so worst comes to worst, it takes him a while to get up top. Assuming he works diligently, he also can't fail his Profession check.

Cargas arrives at the top of the rigging only to realize there's no flat, blue scenery to be seen. What he's barely able to make out through the driving downpour is a slate-gray, roiling mass, waves topped with furious whitecaps that look as if they're eager to toss the Wormwood across their surface and dash it into a million pieces.

Below him, he can see his crew mates hard at work, his fellow press gangees having mixed success as they attend their own tasks. They -- and the rest of the ship's sailors -- are seeming to fall into a rhythm when you suddenly hear a dreaded cry: "MAN OVERBOARD!"

Below, you see see caught in the ferocious swell about 10 feet from the Wormwood and being quickly swept farther away, Rosie Cusswell struggling with all her might to swim.

We'll go in rounds for the moment. You can all act as you want, though remember some of you are a ways up in the rigging. This is still early so you're not considered fatigued yet regardless of any Con checks.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Budos scrambles down from the rigging and rushes to help Rosie. Grabbing the ropes he was just using on his task, he looks for a secure spot on the railing to throw the woman a lifeline. "Grab the rope, Rosie, we'll haul you in."

Climb check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Climb check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

?Profession, Sailor for Rope chuck?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza lets out a cry of shock as he sees the halfling fiddler sweeping away from the rolling ship. He looks around, clearly at a loss as what to do! Seeing Budos cast his lifeline, he murmurs a cantrip and attempts to help guide it using mage hand. (Maybe an aid attempt?)

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Make a ranged touch attack to get the rope to Rosie (range increment
10 feet). Looks like Budos is taking a full round to get to the deck before throwing in Round 2 so want to see what happens in earlier rounds first. I'm willing to allow the mage hand give a +2.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas addresses the ropes to get up into the rigging.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Climb
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Climb
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Climb
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Climb

"@#$%@$^!Piddlespotting#%@@%!!!" Cargas gets blown and pushed around for a bit before he is able to make headway up the ropes. Thankfully, all of his failures where not higher up on the riggings.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Climb
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Climb

Cargas finally finds his sea legs and begins to scramble up the ropes.

1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 4 = 28 Prof (Sailor) - Rigging

At hearing the cry, Cargas debates coming down to help and trying to help identify her from above if she gets lost in the cresting waves. He chooses to remain high up and keep an eye on Rosie, calling our her position for those who can't see her.

"SHE'S THERE! RIGHT THERE!" Cargas yells, pointing her out.

* * *End of Shift* * *

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Climb (down)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Climb (down)


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Round 1

If Nim can manage it from his position, he'll make the attempt to loft rope to the halfling in hopes of rescuing her from a very unwanted Brigand's Bath. The thought of it keeps his fatigue at bay for the moment.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

"Help here!! I can barely see her...!!" When Cargas calls out, Nim feels better about the general direction he launched the first throw.


retired

Sicarius drops his ropes and intones a spell as soon as the first cry splits the air. In the next breath, the burly elf leaps from the deck and pierces the water like a spear, moving with ease through the turgid waters, following Offal's directions to the flailing halfling.

monkeyfish gives me both a swim and climb speed; any checks needed to haul Rosie back to safety?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I can't believe there's a monkey fish spell...

Nim's rope finds its target as Sicarius leaps into the water, his magics letting him cut nimbly through the pounding waves.

He quickly makes it to the halfling, grabbing her and hauling her back up the side of the Wormwood with the rope's help.

A few of the crew rush to the side to make sure elf and halfling are OK -- Rosie, pale, gasps out her thanks as she coughs up seawater -- before Plugg's hollered "BACK TO WORK!" cuts through the din.

Unlike his usual motives, the order seems as much about making sure the ship stays afloat than his particular brand of cruelty.

Meanwhile, the rain continues to pound down as you bob at the mercy of the furious storm, lightning cracking from the roiling dark clouds.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas works. He does so earnestly and carefully, trying not to die.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza lets out an audible sigh as Sicarius suddenly displays shockingly animalistic tendencies and rescues the poor halfling. Starting when Plugg barks his order, Gezza gets back to work so that he might be able to get off this rigging before the worst of the storm strikes.


retired

Sicarius, perpetual scowl still on his face, wipes the salty water from his cheeks and lips with one broad hand before looking down at Rosie. "You good?" There's no chastisement or judgement in his voice, no desire for recognition, just a simple question to determine if they could get back to work now. He offers her a simple nod and looks up to give Cargas and the other rope-tossers nods as well before he returns to his struggles with the ropes.

Prof (sailor, reroll): 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 4 = 25

Besmara, however, seems to be pleased with his efforts at preserving the crew of the Wormwood, and the ropes seem to nearly coil themselves as he returns to the labor.

Use my campaign trait to reroll the profession sailor check

Status:

HP: 9/9
AC: 14 (14 T / 10 FF)
CMD: 15
F/R/W: +2/+3/+2 (+2 vs enchantment, immune sleep)
Arcane Pool used: 0/4
Besmara's Blessing (1/week): [X]
Spells Prepared:
Cantrips (2) - acid splash, flare
Level 1 (0+1) - monkeyfish [X]

Ongoing Effects
Besmara's Blessing - used Day 8


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

Fearful of both falling off the boat and the boat sinking beneath him, Budos returns to work as quickly as he left the rigging.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nim retreats, nodding back to Brood as the elf gains himself on deck. He takes small comfort in the ropes of the mainsail and the boom, keeping a hand secured somewhere, as the roar of the next wave crashes over the deck. He starts taking a mental headcount of all crew currently on deck. I would have never remembered missing a crew mate, what, with all the scurrying back and forth.

The halfer-orc starts actively calling out names. He barks the name repeatedly, until he gets a response, before moving on to the next name. He doesn't mind if his barks are annoying, because it reinforces his tally, as well as reminds folk on board that he's still there. He does take pains to avoid sounding like he's barking orders.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Rosie rescued, you quickly return to your tasks, the halfling helping the distracted Budos accomplish his job, while Sandara gives Sicarius a hand, winking saucily at the surly elf as she sees almost gleeful in the pelting rain.

Unfortunately, the storm shows no sign of relenting as the sun goes down, its fury not even close to expended. A hastily delivered portion of ship's biscuit is forced to serve as dinner, after which the crew continues battling the elements, even though fatigue threatens to overtake Nim and a few other members of the crew don't forget to account for fatigue as you work through the night. Plugg moves people around, assigning new tasks as they take momentary breaks to get their meager meal.

Budos, you're on line work. Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check. You must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Cargas, you're on mainsail duties. Mainsail Duties: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail, requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. You must also make a DC 12 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Gezza, you're given rope work. Handling the ship’s ropes, including coiling them, stowing them, and securing them to cleats and single and double bollards, requiring a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

Nim, you're on rigging repair. The ship’s rigging frequently gets damaged and must be repaired, requiring DC 12 Climb checks to reach the rigging 30 feet up, followed by a DC 12 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

And Sicarius, you're assigned to be lookout -- "In case those elf eyes can see anything in this blasted mess," Plugg growls. Lookout: A climb to the crow’s nest 60 feet up, requiring DC 12 Climb checks followed by a DC 12 Perception check.

Also, everyone must make DC 14 Constitution checks to avoid becoming fatigued at the end of their second shift (meaning some of you might need to take two); If you're previously fatigued (Nim, or someone who fails a check after the night's work), you become exhausted if you fail and drop to sleep at work.

Mechanics:

Budos: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Cargas: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Gezza: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Nimrod: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Sicarius: 1d6 ⇒ 5


retired

Brood shoots Sandara an almost imperceptible smirk before the pelting rains and ripping winds demand his full attention once more. When the orders come to ascend to the crow's nest, he simply offers Plugg a stern nod before dashing to the ropes.

And it seems Besmara remains pleased with the elf. While he finds himself lashed by rain and tangled in a shorn line near the halfway point, Brood manages to otherwise ascend the rigging without struggle, pulling himself over the lip of the crows nest with graceful ease.

At 1/4 speed, double-moving will see Sicarius climbing 10ft per check, so a minimum of 6 checks to climb the full height

Rolls:
Climb 1 (DC 12): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Climb 2 (DC 12): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Climb 3 (DC 12): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 (Failed, but by less than 5)
Climb 3, second attempt (DC 12): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Climb 4 (DC 12): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Climb 5 (DC 12): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Climb 6 (DC 12): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Perception (DC 12): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Constitution (DC 14): 1d20 ⇒ 18


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Prof (Sailor) - Mainsail vs. DC12
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Fort vs. Fatigue vs. DC12

"@#$%@$^!Piddlespotting#%@@%!!!" Cargas lets loose on the storm as he gets blown about, trying to do his work.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Fort vs. Fatigue vs. DC14

At the end of his second shift, Cargas is still feelin' good. He is used to hard work, used to taking a beating, and toughs out his shifts.


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Nimrod leans his head sluggishly at Plugg, as he's pointed up the rigging. His eyes must be tired to think I'm looking able enough to take to the heights... no sense in arguing though... piss on this...

Nim looks at Brood, then back up the ropes, and decides now's as good a time to take advantage of his aNimal mimicry- his Nimicry. His features turn slightly bestial, and his hands ready for the climb upwards. Animal Focus- Monkey, +4 to Climb Checks

Climb Check v DC 12, Fatigued: 1d20 + 4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 - 1 = 18
Climb Check v DC 12, Fatigued: 1d20 + 4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 4 - 1 = 17
Climb Check v DC 12, Fatigued: 1d20 + 4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 - 1 = 9 Whew...
Climb Check v DC 12, Fatigued: 1d20 + 4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 - 1 = 13
Climb Check v DC 12, Fatigued: 1d20 + 4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 4 - 1 = 19

Managing to gain the height required to actually begin his nightly task, Nim struggles onwards, unhappy and cold. Wind, rain, and darkness wash over him.

Dexterity Check v DC 12, Fatigued: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 1 = 6


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

His life on the docks failed to provide adequate training for the challenge of sailing in a storm. Budos strains to keep the sails rising and dropping with the bark of orders and quickly his muscles burn from the exertion.

DC 12 Profession, Sailor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

DC 10 Constitution check: 1d20 ⇒ 18

DC 14 Constitution check: 1d20 ⇒ 19

At the end of the night a sense of satisfaction graces the half orc. His muscles feel weak, spent, but not painfully so, and for the first time he feels like a valuable member of the sailing crew.


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Gezza works on the ropes, trying his best to work diligently. Dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 +4 if I can work diligently.

Con check: 1d20 ⇒ 4 Gezza is fatigued by the end of the night.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Other than Nim, you all manage to complete your tasks despite the wretched storm, which finally seems to ebb with the dawn, the sea suddenly seeming preternaturally calm as you collect yourselves. Plugg growls at the half-orc as he makes his way down with the dawn.

"What the hell was that, greenskin? You could have gotten us all killed," he snarls, slamming Nim with a heavy rope knot. 1 pt. non-lethal; I added in the work diligently for you, so you didn't fail by that much.

Seeing several of the pirates dragging, he calls out across the deck. "Look alive! There's still work to be done. Storm's over, so back to your normal stations!"

Budos, he sends you back to dealing with the mainsail. DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check, plus a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Cargas, Fishguts orders you to slaughter another pig, a way to celebrate everyone's surviving the storm. DC 10 Profession (cook) or Survival check to slaughter the animal.

Gezza, you're sent below to catch any rats that may have been flushed out by water getting into the ship. DC 10 Stealth check, Survival check, or Dexterity check.

Nim, you're swabbing the decks, cleaning them of detritus from the storm. DC 10 Strength or Constitution check. Failing either check results in the being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Sic, you are once again running messages. DC 10 Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued.

Plus everyone needs to make a DC 18 Constitution check to avoid becoming fatigued or exhausted, as above. This is in addition to any other Con checks from your daily tasks.

Mechanics:

Budos: Rigger 1d6 ⇒ 6
Cargas: Cook's mate 1d6 ⇒ 6
Gezza: Swab 1d6 ⇒ 2
Nimrod: Swab 1d6 ⇒ 3
Sicarius: Swab 1d6 ⇒ 5
1d2 ⇒ 2


Male Human Carpentry Enthusiast 5 - HP 27/27; AC 12, T 12, FF 10, CMB +4, CMD 16; F+1, R+3, W+5; Perc +1, Init +2;
Spells:
0-know direction, stabilize, ray of frost, read magic; 1-mage armor, color spray x2,hydraulic push*, alter winds; 2-levitate, scor ray, gust of wind, prot from arrows*; 3-fireball x2, wind wall*

Still fatigued by the long day and night of work, Gezza sighs and takes off after any rats that have been flushed out!
Rat catching, working diligently, Fatigued: 1d20 + 2 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 4 - 1 = 25
Con check: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Although he is preternaturally attuned to the rats' ways, he is exhausted by the time the end of the shift comes around and he nearly passes out before taking his rum ration and slumping off to bed as soon as he can.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

His confidence building after the success in the storm, Budos attacks the day's work with vigor.

Diligent, DC 10 Profession, Sailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

DC 10 Constitution check: 1d20 ⇒ 16

At the end of the shift he's feeling better than ever. "This fishing voyage is getting easier."


Half-Orc AWOL Circus Performer 3
Stat Bar:
HP: 25, AC: 17(t 13, f14), F 3, R 6, W 4, Init +3, Perception 9, Darkvision

Somewhat like cattle prodded with pain, the halfer-orc's eyes flash open as the lash takes its toll, however small. As his lids descend a second time, Nim can see himself throttling Plugg 'round his neck, sees Plugg's smug mug turn a deep shade of purple, sees his eyes start to bulge from their sea-soaked sockets. A light snort and smile washes over his face, but the lids flicker, and Nim steadies himself, nodding in resignation at Plugg for the shoddy work.

He gets to cleaning, snapping small pieces of wood and tossing them overboard, picturing Plugg's neck in place of the detritus. Something in the back of his mind growls, and marks Plugg for the pain. Plugg is not the hand that feeds, so it's fair enough to bite it when the time comes...

Work Diligently

Strength Check v DC 10, Fatigued: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 4 = 20

Constitution Check v DC 18: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Fatigue bleeds into exhaustion. His ears thump with blood, and the sound of the growl is lost to the roar of the ocean.


M Dwarf - Porter 2/Cook 2
Stats:
HP: AC 14;F7/R6/W4;Climb9;Perc9;Prof(cook/porter)7;Sailor10;Sleight10;Survival9,St ealth9;Swim7

Cargas nods wearily to Fishguts as he strolls into the kitchen. He is fatigued and it shows on his face.

"Aye, 'Guts," Cargas grunts, "Got me stuck on them ropes for most of the storm. Wasn't a pretty sight, at all."

Cargas looks at the pig for slaughter, drawing he cleaver from the rack.

"Okay, piggie, I'm gunna call you Pluggie, I am...now c'mere and let's get to work," Cargas coochie-coos at the pig before drawng the blade across its throat over the blood bowl to catch the blood.

Take 10 Survival 7+4-1 = 20 Work dilligently (fatigued)

1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 1 = 21 Con check vs. DC 18 vs. double fatigued

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Budos, don't forget your DC 18 Constitution check.


Half Orc Treasure Hunter 4 | init +5, per +6 | AC 17/14/13 | HP 27 | Fort +1, Reflex +7, Will +1 | CMB +7, CMD 21

When no one is looking, Budos attempts to kneed the knots from the muscles in his neck. "Friggin' riggin'", he growls under his breath.

DC 18 Constitution check: 1d20 ⇒ 5

His efforts do little to relieve the pain and fatigue sets into his tired muscles.


retired

The battle with the storm and the hustle and hurry of running all across the ship finally exact a toll from the dour elf and, though he does his work well, Sicarius is obviously spent as soon as his shift ends. He seems to also deflate as the weariness and exhaustion set in before dinner even has a chance to be called.

Acrobatics (DC 10): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Con Check (DC 10): 1d20 ⇒ 2
Con Check (DC 18): 1d20 ⇒ 12

251 to 300 of 1,545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Skull and Shackles PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.