Kingmaker. Footsteps to the empty throne.

Game Master DBH

Strangers, friends and even lovers. You have gathered together for your own reasons to explore and make safe the perilous region to the south known to all only as the Stolen lands.

Charter

The Greenbelt

Charter of rulership

Silverhold map

Kingdom shreadsheet

Stolen lands Map RRR

Notices 2

Ambushers

Initiative:

Farus, Joanna & Genrimul

Freya, Lisl & Li Zhi <===== May act.

Orange, Yellow & Purple


3,001 to 3,050 of 3,083 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

Alright let's play this out a bit then.

Johanna calls a town meeting upon return. SHe allows Isabel to address the populace on what has happened. The remaining council is to rule but will be looking and interviewing new members. Any interested can come meet at the tavern/inn for a sit down.

Later that night at the tavern/inn.

"Greetings adventurers. I am Johanna Atsuko kingdom spymaster. Please introduce yourselves."

Following Genrimul's intro.

"THat is well and good but do you not have a name. It is not polite to not introduce yourself properly. And what of you two? Go on speak what interest do you have in joining our council."


Male CG Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 47/47 | AC 14, T 9, FF 14 | CMD 14| F +4 R +5 W +6; +1 vs charm compulsion, +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +6 | Perc +9, SM +17 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/6, L2-3/5 | Bardic Performance 23/26 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 5 images

At the town hall Farus attempts to win over the council and the towns people.

Greetings. I’m Farus Alazar from Oppara. I’m a maestro of some reknown there, but in Taldor claims of nobility are quite clear from birth, and thus I left seeking wilder frontiers where I could become my own man.

I believe I have much to offer you, as I had a full training of diplomatic functions of state both from my earliest schooling as a child and from my later formal tutelage at the prestigious Kithorian academy. If you’d like to discuss the intricacies of trade negotiations, disputes of title claims, or how to best adjudicate 10 team of oxen across 100 furrows, I’d be happy to oblige, but I suspect you have more pressing concerns.

This is the wild frontier and I should be of sufficient help should we encounter hostiles, with a mystical performance, spellcasting, or with the knife at my side. Most often I’ll commemorate the deeds of the council in song, which should serve the dual purpose of inspiring the citizens of Silverhold, and spreading our renown to attract new recruits to my frontier. Obviously you’ve had some success, as you can see by the size of the good folks here, and the gathered adventurers you see before you. As an example, allow me to sing a rousing song, based on what I’ve heard from the town folk of your recent adventures.

O’ the flying drake
made a mistake
When she thought to eat our brave adventurers
But Freya conjured some magic dust, and that quenched her.
She tried to flee, but in her haste
Became a shish-kabob-foretaste.

Take 10 on knowledge nobility and geography for a 23/21 respectively backing up the above checks

Take 10 on perform for 27 sing


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 39/54; AC 22 | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Freya smirks at the bard's song. "Alright, I suppose you have heard of some of our group's exploits...tell us more about yourself. You say why you left home, but what brings you to Silverhold in particular?"

Turning her attention toward the Kellid warrior, she says, "Our little coterie is lacking in warriors since our unfortunate encounter. Tell me more about yourself, wild one."


Human (Kellid) barbarian (invulnerable rager) 5/fighter (unbreakable) 1 Raging Stats: AC 18|HP39/76|F+11/R+3/W+3(+4 vs Magic)|Perc +10|Init +2|Rage: 12/14 Not Raging: AC 20|HP58/58|F+8/R+3/W+1|Perc +10|Init+2

"I am sorry, of course. I am called Genrimul. I spend most of my time in the wild or with those who know me well so I am not always used to using names. I was born west of here within the lands of the Shentu clan of the Tiger Lords. When I was young, I left my tribe as they had abandoned the Stag Lord and the Old Ways which I was raised to follow. Since then I have been living in the forests to the near west, trading in furs, pelts, and service. That service has mostly been that of protection and providing for those who need the a strong sword hand." He gestures at the large blade sheathed across his back.

"I have heard of the work you are doing, trying to settle these lands. I think that is a good cause and came to lend the aid I can."


NG Human Arcanist 6 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +5, CMD 15 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +5, R +5, W +8 (+2 v Charm, Compulsion)| Perc +7, SM +2
HP 44/44 | Reservoir 11/12 | Spells 1st 4/6 | Spells 2nd 5/5 | Spells 3rd 2/3 | Vest 1/1

Zhi is not sure when to speak, so he waits until the others have introduced themselves. Then he clears his throat as a call for attention.

"I am Li Zhi Godjensen, and I come from the faraway lands of Minata. Zhi is my first name, in case you want to call me that" he explains, in the hopes that he's not called "Li" as in every other place he's arrived before. "I'm a student of the arcane, with some nice tricks at your service, and also a scholar and librarian. When I heard of the founding of this settlement and its success, I realised being the chronicler of the heroes of Silverhold's deeds and feats would be a task worth its while. I therefore directed my steps here and find most pleasure in offering my abilities to you" he finishes, pedant as he usually is and saluting with an exaggerated reverence.


Male CG Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 47/47 | AC 14, T 9, FF 14 | CMD 14| F +4 R +5 W +6; +1 vs charm compulsion, +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +6 | Perc +9, SM +17 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/6, L2-3/5 | Bardic Performance 23/26 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 5 images

The bard replies,” Well, not much to tell about why I left home, except to say I didn’t want to be a pawn in the empire’s schemes. There is much to do in Taldor, much political intrigue, and all sorts of opportunities to play a role, but out here in the unsettled regions of the River Kingdoms, there is real opportunity to advance one's station. I'm here because thats what I want in life, a chance to advance myself."


HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

"Thank you for your interest. If there are no others to come forward...Perhaps an audition of sorts. There are bounties posted. We could go and take care of one or two of those and see how we all work together. We will soon have business to complete for the month hereafter. There is no payment. Like an adventuring group you will receive equal shares and your duty will be to each other and the populace. Does this all sound agreeable?"


Human (Kellid) barbarian (invulnerable rager) 5/fighter (unbreakable) 1 Raging Stats: AC 18|HP39/76|F+11/R+3/W+3(+4 vs Magic)|Perc +10|Init +2|Rage: 12/14 Not Raging: AC 20|HP58/58|F+8/R+3/W+1|Perc +10|Init+2

The large barbarian nods, "That would work well for me. I've been a long time on my own and it would be good to have allies to travel with. My blade will shelter us as the Stag Lord wills."


Male CG Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 47/47 | AC 14, T 9, FF 14 | CMD 14| F +4 R +5 W +6; +1 vs charm compulsion, +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +6 | Perc +9, SM +17 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/6, L2-3/5 | Bardic Performance 23/26 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 5 images

Most agreeable indeed! Farus happily agrees.


Human (Kellid) barbarian (invulnerable rager) 5/fighter (unbreakable) 1 Raging Stats: AC 18|HP39/76|F+11/R+3/W+3(+4 vs Magic)|Perc +10|Init +2|Rage: 12/14 Not Raging: AC 20|HP58/58|F+8/R+3/W+1|Perc +10|Init+2

"So, bounties you say? Whom or what are we hunting?" the Kellid asks with a dark grin.


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 6 | 39/39 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +10 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Channel Energy 5/5 | Inspiring Word 6/6 | Shield Bearer 1/1

Lisl arrives at the ad hoc meeting late - she has been performing services and ministries, an especial duty after the funeral ceremony for Darian over which she presided. She takes a seat near Johanna and looks over the new would-be recruits with something of a standoffish air, arranging her dress carefully as she sits and with her red hair and priestly vestments all very tastefully and particularly arranged in an orderly fashion.

She doesn't speak up - yet - instead letting Johanna guide the conversation. Her demeanor fits the rumors of her Issian heritage: icy.


NG Human Arcanist 6 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +5, CMD 15 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +5, R +5, W +8 (+2 v Charm, Compulsion)| Perc +7, SM +2
HP 44/44 | Reservoir 11/12 | Spells 1st 4/6 | Spells 2nd 5/5 | Spells 3rd 2/3 | Vest 1/1

Zhi shows himself enthusiastic. "Oh, you're going out there to hunt some bounties? That's an incredible opportunity to write some good stories about you all! I shall be there, paper and pen ready to be put under your service" he states, smiling.

"Is there a place where to sleep around here?"


Male CG Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 47/47 | AC 14, T 9, FF 14 | CMD 14| F +4 R +5 W +6; +1 vs charm compulsion, +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +6 | Perc +9, SM +17 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/6, L2-3/5 | Bardic Performance 23/26 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 5 images

Sure a place to sleep would be good, any suggestions?

As far as bounties go, I just met everyone but Lily seems nice, maybe we should go looking for this ruin she mentioned “ Farus gives Lily a wink at the town hall.


Human (Kellid) barbarian (invulnerable rager) 5/fighter (unbreakable) 1 Raging Stats: AC 18|HP39/76|F+11/R+3/W+3(+4 vs Magic)|Perc +10|Init +2|Rage: 12/14 Not Raging: AC 20|HP58/58|F+8/R+3/W+1|Perc +10|Init+2

"Sounds like as good of plan as any..." The Kellid has all the gear he needs with him to set out immediately, but realizes the rest of the group likely needs to prepare.


HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

"Sleeping arrangements will be made. Welcome, all. We need to explore the southern lands anyways so searching for the elven ruins sounds fine."

I don't remember as I joined late was there rumor or mention of the ruins being on the island to the south? Just didn't want to meta game and make a beeline on tile exploration if there were no rumors about it.


Human (Kellid) barbarian (invulnerable rager) 5/fighter (unbreakable) 1 Raging Stats: AC 18|HP39/76|F+11/R+3/W+3(+4 vs Magic)|Perc +10|Init +2|Rage: 12/14 Not Raging: AC 20|HP58/58|F+8/R+3/W+1|Perc +10|Init+2

The Kellid follows towards the inn.

"Sleeping under a roof will be a refreshing change! What are the bounties you spoke of? What is our mission?"


Are you sure you want to do that?

The lumberjack marks the area he encountered the Hodag in Hex15.

You can also trade one of the elven items you found in the lost hold for Lily Teskertins reward. How much you wish to claim of her offered reward is up to you?

What are you doing now?


NG Human Arcanist 6 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +5, CMD 15 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +5, R +5, W +8 (+2 v Charm, Compulsion)| Perc +7, SM +2
HP 44/44 | Reservoir 11/12 | Spells 1st 4/6 | Spells 2nd 5/5 | Spells 3rd 2/3 | Vest 1/1

Zhi carefully thinks about it. "Well, it would depend on how dangerous are the ruins where to find those statuettes. Do we have any intel on that?"

Also, checking if Zhi knows what the Hell is a Hodag Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


Male CG Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 47/47 | AC 14, T 9, FF 14 | CMD 14| F +4 R +5 W +6; +1 vs charm compulsion, +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +6 | Perc +9, SM +17 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/6, L2-3/5 | Bardic Performance 23/26 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 5 images

was this late in the day? Are we leaving now or in the morning?

Farus tries to recall what he knows of the hex.

10 loremaster plus 11 Engineering, Geography, History), 16 anything else but local, and 17 for local


Are you sure you want to do that?

You already have the elven statues. Don't need to go back to the abandoned hold. :)

Nothing comes up about Hex15. It's a forest hex with the usual nasty creatures.


NG Human Arcanist 6 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +5, CMD 15 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +5, R +5, W +8 (+2 v Charm, Compulsion)| Perc +7, SM +2
HP 44/44 | Reservoir 11/12 | Spells 1st 4/6 | Spells 2nd 5/5 | Spells 3rd 2/3 | Vest 1/1

When told that some statuettes are already in their possession, Zhi's face changes to a much cheerful one. "Oh, excellent! So, this notice can be fulfilled and we still have time and resources for another one, right?" Still not knowing what a Hodag is, though, he doesn't want to suggest that one in case they bite more than they can chew.


HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

"Yes it seems so. Let us find Lilly and give the statue. We can then go find the Hodag or whatever the lumberjack saw and get rid of it."


Human (Kellid) barbarian (invulnerable rager) 5/fighter (unbreakable) 1 Raging Stats: AC 18|HP39/76|F+11/R+3/W+3(+4 vs Magic)|Perc +10|Init +2|Rage: 12/14 Not Raging: AC 20|HP58/58|F+8/R+3/W+1|Perc +10|Init+2

[b]"Killing a beast that endangers common folk is a worthy cause. Let's gear up for the trip and head out. I will see if I can land any game as we travel, but best not to depend on it as this Hodag may have scared off what the land might provide."[b]

The Kellid tops off his ration supplies and is quickly ready for the journey.


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 39/54; AC 22 | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Freya nods in agreement with the plan and gathers her belonging along with her small menagerie of pets.

It would seem Fenrir continues to get larger by the day, as he now not much smaller than Freya's horse, Vili.

Muninn lands on the druid's shoulder, as Freya looks to the others and says, "Ready when you are."


Are you sure you want to do that?

Not for you:

random: 1d100 ⇒ 63
random: 1d100 ⇒ 95
random: 1d100 ⇒ 16
random: 1d100 ⇒ 77
random: 1d100 ⇒ 94

After several days travel through familiar forest you have yet to encounter any signs of trouble.

The third day however you come across what looks to have been a nasty ambush, several people lie dead, stripped of all possessions and left where they fell.

You can see they were killed by blades and arrows.

What are you doing now?


NG Human Arcanist 6 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +5, CMD 15 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +5, R +5, W +8 (+2 v Charm, Compulsion)| Perc +7, SM +2
HP 44/44 | Reservoir 11/12 | Spells 1st 4/6 | Spells 2nd 5/5 | Spells 3rd 2/3 | Vest 1/1

Spells prepared adjusted to our mission.

Zhi has a quick look at the scene. "This doesn't seem to be perpetrated by a magical beast."


HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

"Yes this is bandits or a raiding party of sorts. Bows and blades were used. Maybe they were sloppy and left a trail."

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


Human (Kellid) barbarian (invulnerable rager) 5/fighter (unbreakable) 1 Raging Stats: AC 18|HP39/76|F+11/R+3/W+3(+4 vs Magic)|Perc +10|Init +2|Rage: 12/14 Not Raging: AC 20|HP58/58|F+8/R+3/W+1|Perc +10|Init+2

Gerinmul circles the area examining for tracks to see whether the killers went off in a specific direction and whether they were mounted or not.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Male CG Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 47/47 | AC 14, T 9, FF 14 | CMD 14| F +4 R +5 W +6; +1 vs charm compulsion, +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +6 | Perc +9, SM +17 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/6, L2-3/5 | Bardic Performance 23/26 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 5 images

I'm afraid of my many skills, tracking is not one... Does anyone else possess such skill?


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 39/54; AC 22 | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Freya nods and says, "I've done a bit of that." before she and Fenrir begin looking around for tracks.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

Fenrir Survival (aid other): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Freya Survival: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + (1) + 2 = 23 (free use of inspiration, aid other from Fenrir[/dice]


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 6 | 39/39 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +10 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Channel Energy 5/5 | Inspiring Word 6/6 | Shield Bearer 1/1

Lisl watches Freya work for a bit before she returns to scanning the wilderness. Occasionally she squints up at an errant bird in the sky, but otherwise she remains still.


Are you sure you want to do that?

The tracks lead to the northwest, heading for the deeper parts of the forest. Gerinmul & Fenris soon find the trail. It is odd though.

At first the tracks look to be those of reptilian humanoids, like those of the Lizard folk. But on closer inspection, with Fenris's nose being important the tracks seem unnatural, a few feet further you find a boot print in the mix.

You believe that someone has used fake foot covers to frame the lizard folk and direct attention away from their crimes.

The trail is able to be followed. What are you doing now?


NG Human Arcanist 6 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +5, CMD 15 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +5, R +5, W +8 (+2 v Charm, Compulsion)| Perc +7, SM +2
HP 44/44 | Reservoir 11/12 | Spells 1st 4/6 | Spells 2nd 5/5 | Spells 3rd 2/3 | Vest 1/1

When confronted with the situation, many questions board Zhi's brain. "Do you know this lizard folk? Are we in good relations with them? Who might want to turn the population on them?" Those are only some of them, which he formulates high loud so as to form an idea of the bigger picture.


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 39/54; AC 22 | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Pointing to the boot print, Freya says, "It would seem that someone wants us to believe that it was a lizardfolk attack. The question is who and why. I say we continue following the trail. Whoever is responsible for that attack can't be left unchecked."

Fenrir Survival (aid other): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Freya Survival: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + (4) + 2 = 33 (free use of inspiration, aid other from Fenrir)


HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

"Yes let us follow. As spymaster, I do not appreciate such things going on. Yes Li Zhi, we are in trade and peace with them. We killed their warmongering chief and they chose a new one. We now trade food and metals with them for wood, stone, and herbs. Someone is trying to make waves."


Male CG Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 47/47 | AC 14, T 9, FF 14 | CMD 14| F +4 R +5 W +6; +1 vs charm compulsion, +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +6 | Perc +9, SM +17 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/6, L2-3/5 | Bardic Performance 23/26 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 5 images

Farus agrees " I suspect any of the tribes once enemies may try such a thing. Or even just your enemies. We'll track them down and get some answers..."


Human (Kellid) barbarian (invulnerable rager) 5/fighter (unbreakable) 1 Raging Stats: AC 18|HP39/76|F+11/R+3/W+3(+4 vs Magic)|Perc +10|Init +2|Rage: 12/14 Not Raging: AC 20|HP58/58|F+8/R+3/W+1|Perc +10|Init+2

The big Kellid nods. "I agree, the Hodag can wait. This is a threat that needs to be dealt with, especially since they are making efforts to see that someone else doing the killing."

He then speaks to Freya, "Your woodcraft is at least as good as mine and it looks like your wolf has the scent. Let's work together to follow the trail and see if we can track down these killers."

With that, Genrimul begins leading the way along the trail of the killers.


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 6 | 39/39 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +10 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Channel Energy 5/5 | Inspiring Word 6/6 | Shield Bearer 1/1

"Even lizardfolk can be reasoned with," says Lisl. "We should be dealing with them like civilized people, doing our best to provide a mutually beneficial solution." The cleric adjusts her shawl (when did she get a shawl?) and remains aloof, as she isn't a tracker and thus isn't searching around in the muddy road.


NG Human Arcanist 6 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +5, CMD 15 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +5, R +5, W +8 (+2 v Charm, Compulsion)| Perc +7, SM +2
HP 44/44 | Reservoir 11/12 | Spells 1st 4/6 | Spells 2nd 5/5 | Spells 3rd 2/3 | Vest 1/1

"I agree that undermining our alliances is a dangerous move and should be countered immediately. I'm ready to follow." Zhi takes a sip from his canteen to dissipate the dust from his throat and pays full attention to how the experts follow the trails.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Thanks to Fenris's nose the trail is easy to follow, soon you can make out old ruins through the trees ahead, and smell something roasting over a campfire.

What are you doing?

@Genrimul. You need to pick an avatar, can't put you on the map with no picture. :)


HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

As they catch the smell Johanna buffs with a charge from her wand.

"How do we want to play this? Charge in tell them to lay down their weapons and surrender? How can we be sure they are the ones we are looking for. For all we know it could be a group of adventurers camping."


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 39/54; AC 22 | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

"I think that telling them to surrender is the way to go. If they are not the ones we are seeking, they will have a chance to explain that." Freya says, protecting herself via a charge of her wand.

Mage Armor


Male CG Medium Human Bard 6 | HP 47/47 | AC 14, T 9, FF 14 | CMD 14| F +4 R +5 W +6; +1 vs charm compulsion, +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic | Init +6 | Perc +9, SM +17 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/6, L2-3/5 | Bardic Performance 23/26 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Mirror Image 5 images

Well, we did track this group from that staged massacre. I’ll follow your lead, if we mean to look threatening, when we’re ready, I’ll make myself look more heroic, and call in ‘reinforcements’” Farus agrees to attempt the talking route .

heroism and mirror image


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 6 | 39/39 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +10 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Channel Energy 5/5 | Inspiring Word 6/6 | Shield Bearer 1/1
GM_DBH wrote:
@Genrimul. You need to pick an avatar, can't put you on the map with no picture. :)

Avatar selection is currently broken on the Paizo site, has been broken for some time, and web tech expects it to be broken for a long time, possibly forever, because it is not a priority.

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42xed?I-Cant-Change-My-Avatar-Image


NG Human Arcanist 6 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +5, CMD 15 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +5, R +5, W +8 (+2 v Charm, Compulsion)| Perc +7, SM +2
HP 44/44 | Reservoir 11/12 | Spells 1st 4/6 | Spells 2nd 5/5 | Spells 3rd 2/3 | Vest 1/1

Zhi nods, advising he's ready. He will cast Mirror Image when the group advances.


Human (Kellid) barbarian (invulnerable rager) 5/fighter (unbreakable) 1 Raging Stats: AC 18|HP39/76|F+11/R+3/W+3(+4 vs Magic)|Perc +10|Init +2|Rage: 12/14 Not Raging: AC 20|HP58/58|F+8/R+3/W+1|Perc +10|Init+2

The big Kellid, nods, draws his black blade and approaches.


Are you sure you want to do that?

The moment you emerge from the trees the response is hostile. "S**@! It's them. Kill the bastards!"

It seems they have recognized some of you and believe you are hunting them?

You also can now see slippers made of lizard folk feet scattered around their campfire.

What are you doing now? They are scrambling for their weapons and getting into formation.

Map up top. Ambushers.


NG Human Arcanist 6 | Status: +4 AC
Stats:
AC 12 (T 12, FF 10) | CMB +5, CMD 15 | Init +2 | Speed 30ft | F +5, R +5, W +8 (+2 v Charm, Compulsion)| Perc +7, SM +2
HP 44/44 | Reservoir 11/12 | Spells 1st 4/6 | Spells 2nd 5/5 | Spells 3rd 2/3 | Vest 1/1

"Stop right there!"

Zhi invokes magical energies that surround some of the bandits, making them act clumsy and ineffectively.

Spending a reservoir point. All enemies make a Will save DC 20 or be slowed. I'll update the alias on spent spells/points when I get home.

"I gotta now right now!"


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 39/54; AC 22 | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Freya moves into line of site and casts a spell, causing a rain of dirt, gravel, and small pebbles.

Stone Call: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 Area inside of the circle on the map is difficult terrain for the next 3 rounds.


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 6 | 39/39 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +10 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Channel Energy 5/5 | Inspiring Word 6/6 | Shield Bearer 1/1

As she so often does, Lisl opens with a blessing from Abadar to bolster the team and carry them through the battle.

Casting bless for the usual +1 to attack rolls and saving throws vs. fear.

3,001 to 3,050 of 3,083 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker. Footsteps to the empty throne. Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.