Iron Gods: Forged into Legends

Game Master NeoEvaX

Roll20 Map
Loot Sheet


1,851 to 1,900 of 1,944 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Website with game info

Thawm might know Dolga, she is one of the councilers of the city. You at least know of her

"Ah, if you are looking for Khonnir, I think the whole council is over at the Town Hall. They gathered for a meeting when the Torch went all... Torch-y

As the group makes their way to the Town hall, you see outside the hall is a large group of people gawking at the light. It seems like most of the city is entranced with the torch right now. Talking and wondering what is happening.

Near the door of the Town hall are a group of people you recognize. Dolga, Joram, Khonnir, Bazlundi, and Sarantha. All 5 of the Coincilers are trying to talk to the group. You can easily move your way to the front. Dolga sees you apprach and says to the crowed "Excuse me everyone! We need to have a bit of further discussion with this group. We will get you your answers. You 3. Please come with us.

The group enter the town hall. The crowed seems worried, but not overly aggressive. You are ushered inside.

Khonnir is the first to speak up, "Well it looks like you got the Torch lit again. Though, it does seem to be a bit over powered. What happened?"


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Keldor answers animatedly.

"We successfully defeated the deranged woman who was siphoning the power to the torch. We have removed the obstacle draining the energy, with' Basil's expertise, and redirected the energy back to the torch. I can't say we were horribly successful...we lost a few people along the way."

He voice slows to a stop when he remembers a certain young gnome barbarian.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

"In short, pyrrhic victory?" Thawm suggests.


Website with game info

Looking among the party Dolga says, "Yes, it seems like a lot was lost in this journey. We appreciate the work you have done. We are curious if this is the new norm for the torch. You all look tired and hurt. Why don't we set you up to rest. We can talk tomorrow. I need to gather up your reward too."


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

"I got the impression this is merely the build-up energy based on the tampering from by the fanatic. Eventually the torch should subside to normal paramters. Does that sound correct Basil?"

Feeling a bit overwelmed again Keldor anounces without thinking.

"We should try to contact Dirissa's family so they cn get her part of the reward."

Sorry. As a full Paladin now, rewards are going to kinda iffy now for Keldor...at least until he gets a handle on the whole thing and understands it better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ongoing Effects:
+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex
HP: 32/36 | Grit 2/3 | Determination 1/2 | Judgement 1/2| RN: 0/1 | AC: 18 / T: 12 / FF: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +6 | CM6B: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +5, Perception: +10 (Darkvision 60ft +Lowlight-Vision) |

"As I mentioned previously, I will need to take another look at the reactor. For now, we needed to divert the excess energy into the torch to avoid a build-up that could cause...critical damage to the system. However, I do suspect that my fanatic sister roused this generator from aeons of slumber, where it was merely running and maintaining function, the little excess energy being the torch we knew. Now, there's a complete underground complex powered by it, and the little excess that remains is the torch we see now."
Holding still a moment while thinking, she quickly continues:"Another theory is that those mechanical adversaries and mechanical elements that blocked the fanatics, and our own path into the complex, also ultimately depended on the energy the reactor provided. By destroying robots, machinery and lamps, that energy was freed up and is now ejected. In either scenario, the extra torchy torch, you you designated it, would not be temporary, but rather a permanent feature unless meddled with. I am not certain how much excess the ancient system can permanently handle - hence why I would like to take another look to check if the current setting is safe. If so, I would avoid meddling, if not, I would attempt to throttle the generator's output."


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

Yay, "and lamps" hahahaha

Thawm idly touches the holy symbol hanging around her neck as she explains Basil's lengthy conjecture.
"In short, we probably want to go back down and see if it really is the new normal for the torch."

Thawm sighs. What am I, a translator?

Shaking her head to regain her focus, Thawm adds "yes it's been a long day, resting sounds good. I have a bit of scribing I'd like to do too..."


Website with game info

Khonnir speaks up, "Yes, you are welcome to the standard room in my inn. I plan on staying here and discussing for a bit, but I will meet you back at the inn in a bit. Please, enjoy any of the food there. Val can help you out, she is still there"

You have your own free time right now. You can level, enjoy a bit of group chat, or something else if you wish to. Say you have 3 hours then Khonnir will step in and talk. What do you wish to do with the 3 hours?


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

If he can manage it, Keldor feels the the need to pray. He looks for a shrine or small wooded area where he can try and commune with his god now that things have changed so dramatically in his life.

"Old Dead-Eye? You and I need to talk..."


Website with game info

A slight detour from the path to the Foundry Tavern is a local farm. You see fertile fields of crops and a small orchard in a small farm.

You take a moment with a wilder area of this small farm. It is a bit organized and reeks of civilization more than you would like. But you take a moment, feeling the wind on your face. The water system being used to to water these plants seems to be spraying lightly into the greenery. While not as wild, this is the best you are going to get in this type of land.

The wind cools and the water lands on your face. You feel the connection with the wind and the water. No clear words come though, but you feel the sense of welcoming, and opening for questions.

You can flavor this how you want. Part of the level process


Ongoing Effects:
+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex
HP: 32/36 | Grit 2/3 | Determination 1/2 | Judgement 1/2| RN: 0/1 | AC: 18 / T: 12 / FF: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +6 | CM6B: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +5, Perception: +10 (Darkvision 60ft +Lowlight-Vision) |

Basil heads up the hill to more closely look at the new torch, and take note of the local geographic and structural situation.

If she is satisfied that the ground surrounding the torch will remain stable, rather than, say, melt and obstruct the release, she will return to the prison, and observe the other Android.
It was not that she wanted to talk, right now, she was happy to wait until the others joined her for that task. But while she was staring at the other Woman, she was focused inward - she had little or no memory of her past. If she had one at all...maybe she was unable to remember because she was only a few months old? But there was...more.

Some things were familiar, sounded familiar, seemed familiar. The language used in the complex, her weapon, the droids. She would need to find more puzzle pieces in hopes the fragments would form a whole picture and help her recover her memory.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Website with game info

Basil's trek up the mountain has her moving around some of the others. As she approaches the heat of the torch is quite strong, but mostly monodirectional. Going straight up. A bit of radiant heat from light and heating of the air seems to go sideways, but the majority is directly upward.

The ground around it seems fine. It is as if the torch was just turned up higher. You don't belive there will be any issues, at least for awhile with this level of energy

Watching the other android with purple hair. Basil tries to use visual stimulus to bring up fragmented memories. Or maybe they are locked behind some wall. Hopefully not a pay wall

Nothing jumps out at her, but there is something about looking at another android. The true origins of her species, if you could call it that, seems just veiled enough to be frustrating.

We can do Thawm's then move to the next section


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

My turn! Yay xD
Does that mean I can spend 2 of those 3 hours to copy-paste a 1st level spell from that scroll? :3

Thawm, finally away from the dangers of the ruins, goes to her room to study and pray.

Finally finishing work on more spells she had been researching, she can feel the god of magic pour out more of his blessings onto her.


Website with game info

Totally, spend the time!

As Thawm sits and works with her spell research, she feels the duality inside of her. The two sides of magic burn inside of her. Something that feels almost dangerous, but though power from your god, you hold it together.

After a few hours, you all gather up in the Foundry Tavern. Val helps you with food and supplies as you all have done your own thing. As you wait the door opens, and Khonnir and Dolga enter.

Khonnir nods to all of you. The older dwarf woman steps in front, seemingly wanting to take charge.

Dolga speaks up, "Hello everyone. I want to thank you again for your work. I am a bit concerned with the height of the Torch right now, but we will have to see if it diminishes. But you did you end of the deal, here is mine" She hands over a bag of gold coins.

4,000 gp

"A few matters yet to deal with. Your prisoner is still out cold. I would like you, in the morning, to talk to her, figure out what is going on. Well, while I get Torch back to full, I have a few correspondence to respond to. Depending on what you learn from her, I may have more requests for you. For now, please enjoy your time in town. Let me know what you learn. I will likely approach you in a few days. Thank you again". She seems like she is always busy and goes to leave.


Male 1/2 Elf/Construct/Outsider (Synthesist) Summoner/Paladin Gestalt 4| HP 29/29 (Temp: +18/18)
Stats:
AC 21, T 12, FF 20| CMB +7, CMD 18 | F 10, R 7, W 10 | Init +1, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision/Darkvision|Current: Evasion

Nodding, Keldor seems more at peace than ever before, and he is now apparently wearing the amulet of natural armor that Thaum suggest he wear before. Taking the bag, he weighs it in his hands. His back a little straighter than before it seems, he places it back down.

"More than enough for all three of us and for our lost friend's family's share. What say you all?"

He then gestures to Khonnir.

"You say little now my friend. Are you still injured?"


Ongoing Effects:
+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex
HP: 32/36 | Grit 2/3 | Determination 1/2 | Judgement 1/2| RN: 0/1 | AC: 18 / T: 12 / FF: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +6 | CM6B: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +5, Perception: +10 (Darkvision 60ft +Lowlight-Vision) |

"Did Dirissa leave details regarding her relatives? If not, I would propose to use her share to create a Memorial for all those lost in the expeditions before us, as well as those lost during our own forays. Hali Gearalts Brothers who we found, as well as Kell, Ember, Harg, Silvester, Rasellia, Tathaniise, Tiras, and Varilien who perished or disappeared during our own exploration."
No s#@!, losing that many players and still going strong! Kudos to us!
Considering the reward money cautiously, Basil continues: "We shall speak with my sister in the morning. Until then, I will start performing the modifications I wanted to do to my firearm, and craft additional ammunition. I expect there will be more trouble ahead. I trust I am still welcome to use your workshop to do so, Khonnir? I already closed up the one owned by my mentor to hand-over to his niece."


Website with game info

Khonnir stands tall as Dolga walks out, "Sorry about that, I am lost in thought about the torch. Please, tell me what did you see down there? I never made it that far in, sounds like you found some technological wonders"

Turning to Basil "Sorry, I forget myself. I knew very little about Dirissa. I knew she was from out of town. She used the forge a few times. I saw her up there once or twice. As for her family. I do not know! She seems like the kind of person who wanted to keep moving. I am sorry to hear of her death." He bows his head a moment.

"This work has had a lot of people come and go. It was too much for some, and death for others. Makes me wonder what else could be behind it. "

Looking around the room, "As for lodging, you are welcome here! I imagine the tavern will want to reopen now that I am doing well, and the city can get back on its feet. All of you are welcome to the forge if you need it. Please let me know what i can do to help. " He speaks to you as he starts to clean up the tavern with the help of Val, as quiet as usual.

You are free for the rest of the evening. Rest up, make whatever you need to make, etc

-------
Morning rolls around in this dry town. You awake easy and well rested. Feeling stronger than before. As you gather your supplies, and head out, you see people seem in better moods. Looking at the hill, the Torch is still going strong, but it has diminished by nearly 75% of its burn. It is nearly at its normal height. So maybe things will turn back to normal.

I assume you are heading over to speak to the android?


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Keldor agrees that donating the funds to pay for a memorial to all those who fought and died to re-ignite the torch is appropriate.

Afterward...curious, Keldor helps Basil craft new bullets from the remains of the tough robots they fought if she will allow it. He will then do some shopping if he can.

Adamantine Bullets? Or similar? Anything remaining of the robots can be offered to Khonnir for study and experimentation if he wants them.


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

Spellcraft vs DC 16 to Study the spell: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Yay, Thawm has the Technomancy spell in her book now ^^
lol, Keldor beat me by 7 minutes, oh well. WE can just ignore Thawm's greed if ya'll want xD

Well, it's now or never...
"About Dirissa's share, wouldn't those monies be better spent ensuring our own survival? It would be a pity if we were to spend much on a memorial only to be under-prepared later."
Thawm looks down and plays with the holy symbol around her neck idly as she continues.
"I know I for one would hate to suddenly find out that the monument is missing two or three names out of some misplaced sense of sentimentality."

Brightening, she adds.
"Other than that, the plan sounds good; I can prepare more contingencies of the magic scroll variety when we're not having that 'chat'."

OOooooh, so I can craft a scroll too? :D


Website with game info

Adamantine sounds good. Gunsmithing allows 10% cost, but with the materials lets say only 5% of the costs. I will say that you can only really get max 25 bullets out of useful metal bits. They are hard to work with. The Torch itself would help with that a bit. Still 5% cost Adamantine bullets is a pretty sweet deal

You can totally make a scroll too with your time. But keep track of your time. Gotta sleep too! There will be downtime too though, so don't worry too much

Khonnir hears you speak about a memorial, "That money would be best send to the temple. They can set up something to remember the people who where lost. I can give the money to them if you would like."


Ongoing Effects:
+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex
HP: 32/36 | Grit 2/3 | Determination 1/2 | Judgement 1/2| RN: 0/1 | AC: 18 / T: 12 / FF: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +6 | CM6B: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +5, Perception: +10 (Darkvision 60ft +Lowlight-Vision) |

Honestly, I would do the details of crafting and altering stuff and writing scrolls and all that in the proper downtime we'll have shortly, and possibly off-screen.

"I think that would be adequate.", Basil nods. "Possibly some informative element on the path up to the torch."

Basil turns to Thawm:"If you think the money would be better spent in another way, we can simply use the equipment she claimed to pay for it, instead."
(Which includes a +1 magic weapon and is definitely worth more than the 1000-)

After they finished talking, Basil starts replenishing her ammunition, sometimes taking note of the Torch diminishing, somewhat content about that.

As Morning comes, she wakes up Keldor, who helped her work until he fell asleep, and picks up Thawm while he gets ready, expecting both of them to want to be present for talking with the Android they had taken prisoner.


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Keldor thanks Basil for her wake-up call and joins her with interrogating the fanatic. He comments lightly during the walk to the cell.

"The prisoner won't make much sense if she really is a fanatic. She'll speak in half-truths and lies. Getting her to talk truthfully and give us useful information will be hard. If she's as sturdy as you Basil, then she will be very difficult to convince...unless we make it in her interest to talk? What does she want? A platform to spew her god-talk? TO blow up Torch? Neither seems her goal. She wants to tell us her god's plan...her plan...she yearns for it I think. I think we need to bring this interrogation to a religious level. Get her talking about her god...then she MIGHT let something slip in her fervor. What do you think?"


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

yeah, that hammer should sell for over 1150 xD
Also, except possibly maybe rolls, I agree that crafting stuff off-screen is good. Also crafting montages that may or may not get much description :D

Thawm frowns at Basil's suggestion. "Just give them the cash, then."

---

Later, Thawm eagerly follows Basil to the Android prisoner.
"I like that plan, Keldor. I can be the 'bad cop'."


Website with game info

When you all arrive in front of the prisoner, she has healed up from her wounds and is bound and gagged. Arms behind back, fingers immobilized, and feet bent. She is on her knees. Her items have been removed. They sit on a table around the corner, out of her sight. Of interest is a clawed hand that seems to be her holy symbol.

She seems to be in prayer, when you arrive.

Khonnir whispers to you all, "My guess is she wasn't trying to blow up torch. She was syphoning power somewhere. Didn't you said it was in the direction of Scrapwall.. Maybe we should find out what is there. Anyone have any abilities to help her talk, sway her to our side?"


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Keldor wants there to be no questions on his opinion, and his responsibilities.

"I will not condone torture and will prevent such attempts. She is evil, but still deserves her basic rights as our prisoner. However, there is a possible greater good to consider. What are our options? Magic? I have no powers over truth and lies or ability of charming friendship."


Website with game info

Khonnir raises his hands, "I have to agree with Keldor. We should really try to be above board with this. Though, I am not sure how much redemption there is in her. As for methods, sadly I tend to have a hard time with Enchantment type magics. Thawm, I don't know your rwepitware very well, but maybe you have something to charm her, or force truth?"

Looking over to the android tied up, "Otherwise we might just need to approach this open and clean. Might not end up with as much, but something is better than nothing"


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Keldor shrugs.

"Redemption is for followers of Seranrae. Erastil believes in just punishments that fit for proven crimes, regardless of whom it may be. Basic civilization requires it. Besides, proof of her evil is NOT in question here. Could the priests in town offer magics of forced truth telling? It would help make sure she cannot lie to us easily as I understand such things."


Ongoing Effects:
+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex
HP: 32/36 | Grit 2/3 | Determination 1/2 | Judgement 1/2| RN: 0/1 | AC: 18 / T: 12 / FF: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +6 | CM6B: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +5, Perception: +10 (Darkvision 60ft +Lowlight-Vision) |

"You are correct, Khonnir. We found clear proof that the device was attempting to syphon power towards Scrapwall, where some entity named Hellion pretends to be a God. The only crime that we can clearly blame her for is breaking and entering a house to retrieve an object we took possession of, but that may have been her property."
Without a break, Basil continues:"She and supposedly her minions resisted us, but the Torch giving this down it's name is bound to the underground complex and the generator there, neither of which had been explored or taken possession of previously. Her expedition was successful in reaching the generator, and she used her tool to siphon power elsewhere, neither is, as far as I am aware, against the law of this town, simply because there is no precedence."

Placing her weapon on a nearby table, she approaches the guard:"Instead of assuming she will lie and attempt to trick us, let us try and start to talk with her. She may be factual about her situation and actually willing to share certain information with us. Not information that betrays her masters goals, but information that ensures our continued goodwill towards her. I may be mistaken, but there is little need for speculation when she is right beyond those doors. We can always take a time-out and re-align our strategy."


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

Thanks to being gestalt instead of MT, Thawm has access to Zone of Truth already at character level 3 :D

Thawm grins mischievously.
"I do know that the almighty Nethys can give me a gift to prevent lying."

She relaxes her face.
"By itself it isn't foolproof, but we can have 3 minutes of time where she won't lie if she can't resist the magic. I can also enlarge one of you to make your presence more... intimidating. Other than that, I think I should just pray for Nethys to aid whoever wants to do the interrogating."
"Think telling her things about herself might shake her up?"
Thawm adds with a smile, all but ignoring Basil's desire for an interaction that is reasonable, friendly, and probably even productive.

Holy crap, after thinking about it I just realized I have like 4 options for helping out and I can combine them all! Muwahhhaha
(Zone of Truth, Enlarge Person (for size bonus to intimidate), Blessing of the Faithful, and maybe Lore Keeper could give some sort of circumstance bonus by creeping her out too xD
If we want to go the friendly route, Thawm can play bad cop and just use Lore Keeper and give the +2 from BotF ^_^


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Shrugging again, Keldor waves at the caged woman.

"I don't know about you Basil, nut I believe she is guilty of attempted murder at minimum...of US. Even if you consider all the other deaths 'accidental'...she also nearly ruined Torch by diverting the energy of the machine and that device we found was causing major anguish to some people around town. There is more than enough guilt on her part, but I agree we should simply talk to her first. It can't hurt to try."


Website with game info

Khonnir shrugs "Well I trust your judgement. I will just listen and chime in if needed. I am less worried about the legality of the whole situation, and more worried about what could come from this. Seems like there are bigger issues at hand. Again, I am here as backup. You have my knowledge."

Next time you glance over at the android her eyes are open, and she is looking toward you. Eyes narrow toward Keldor. Still unable to speak with the gag in her mouth.

The guard waves you forward. "I can remove her gag if you need."


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Nodding Keldor moves closer to the prisoner.

"Speak. I'm sure you have something to say about all of this? What do you and your god want from all of this Chaos you have created?"


Ongoing Effects:
+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex
HP: 32/36 | Grit 2/3 | Determination 1/2 | Judgement 1/2| RN: 0/1 | AC: 18 / T: 12 / FF: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +6 | CM6B: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +5, Perception: +10 (Darkvision 60ft +Lowlight-Vision) |

Basil nods to the guard, then steps forward herself and removes the gag. Waiting for Keldor to speak his part, she adds hers: "Sister, what you attempted to achieve has been undone. For the safety and wellbeing of the local residents. But I am certain you acted for a reason, not on a whim. Do help us to understand what you wanted to do, and why. Tell us more about Scrapwall, and Hellion, and enlighten us regarding your goals and reasons. Maybe we can find a mutually beneficial solution."

I heavily doubt that last one, but if, say, there is a crisis in Scrapwall, with great need, and the energy was needed to save lifes...


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

Thawm nods in agreement before heading in.

Once the questioning begins, Thawm tries too luck as annoyed as possible while turning her back towards the prisoner.


Website with game info

She opens and closes her mouth a few times. Then looks up at Keldor, "Human... Hellion will strike you down. He brings down death to those who go against him. As he grants me powers to do his will, he will strike down all beings who go against his wishes. My Lords of Rust will rise up, and bring you down for you insolence"

Looking to Basil, "Sister.. strange. You side with these humans? When you are more machine than organic? Have they not treated you as detritus under their boots? Hellion, enemy of the humans... He would grant you great powers. "

"Scrapwall... is the home of the great Hellion. He holds power over it, and its people. He gave me a place after the humans wished me ill.. My goals? Always to help Hellion. He needed his best servant, on the ground. He is looking for power. Power outside his own. He has plans. Plans to strike down his enemies"


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Irritated already with the woman's gibberish-induced rant, Keldor points at the android.

"Speak clearly! Who are Hellion's enemies. The people of Scrapwall? The whole country?"


Website with game info

With a blank stare to Keldor, "The people of Scrapwall work for Hellion, their god. Hellion's enemy is beyond comprehension. Hellion's plan is handed down as he deems fit. I trust in his will. My job was to direct power back to him. Something you stopped, but it won't stop Hellions grand plan."

Sense Motive DC 15:

She seems to be interchanging the singular Enemy with Enemies..

She also seems to not really know the whole deal. Just a cog in a bigger machine. She doesn't seem to be 100% blind faith either. She might be turnable.


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Thawm peeks over her shoulder as she fails to suppress a chuckle at the android's false god, but says nothing.

Some spells etc that I forgot until just now...:

Items:
. (Divine) scroll of True Appraisal
. (Divine) scroll of Magic Weapon
. (Divine) scroll of Endure Elements
. (Divine) scroll of Cure Light Wounds (x7)
. potion of CLW x7

Supernatural Abilities

. at will Blessing of the Faithful
. 5/5 Channel Energy (DC 14; 1d6)
. 1/1 Bonded Holy Symbol
. 1/1 Deflection Aura (4 rounds)

Spell-like Abilities

. at will Lore Keeper (equals a succesful 22 on the appropriate knowledge check)
. 6/6 Acid Dart
. 1/1 Arcane Bond (Ring)

Cleric Spells:

. 2nd 3+1/day {D} Barkskin, Protection from Technology, Restoration, Lesser, Eroding Ray
. 1st 4+1/day {D} Shield, Abundant Ammunition, Bless [x2], Fastidiousness
. Orisons Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Spark

Wizard Spells:

. 2nd 3+2/day {S} Glitterdust (DC 15) [x2], Aram Zey's Focus, Eroding Ray, Summon Monster 2
. 1st 4+2/day {S} Grease (DC 14) [x2], Detect Radiation, Mount, Technomancy, True Strike
. Cantrips Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Open/Close, Read Magic


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Sense Motive (Unskilled): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Keldor tries to reason it out loud. Talking to himself more than anything else.

"The Torch is a source of mind-numbing power. Dragons could not withstand it. Why would a god...any god...want that kind of power? They should already HAVE that kind of power. Right? Gods are immortal representatives of divine will. They have have all the powers of the planes at their disposal. Why on Golarion would a true god need Torch's power! The answer is simple: They would NOT. Therefore Hellion is NOT a god. He..it...is terrestrial in origin."

He then turns to the captive.

"Explain that if you can."


Ongoing Effects:
+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex
HP: 32/36 | Grit 2/3 | Determination 1/2 | Judgement 1/2| RN: 0/1 | AC: 18 / T: 12 / FF: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +6 | CM6B: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +5, Perception: +10 (Darkvision 60ft +Lowlight-Vision) |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

"You saw her work magic. Explain that if no being grants her spells.", Basil turns from Keldor to their prisoner, but talks to herself. "Someone, or something sponsors her mission. Be it Hellion, or another god posing as it. As for the need for such power, that depends on what they mean to do with it. It could sponsor a weapon that grants supremacy to their followers. Or tear asunder a cosmic prison. Or cause a new Earthfall."
After a moment, she focuses her attention at the woman:
"Sister, I side with those who sided with me. When I awoke, I was injured, and was taken in by a local techsmith - and the community of Torch. I was treated with respect and as an equal. And the power I wield is my own, to be directed as I decide. Hellion does not give you all the information you should have, only telling you what you need to know. There are only two logical reasons for that. The first one is that he expected you to fail and get interrogated - in which case you are only a disposable pawn to him - which begs the question if your continued loyalty to someone that sees no value in you is misguided.
The second scenario seems more likely to me: He fears that you may decide to act differently if you knew more. You are a powerful tool, that he directs as he wills because you do not doubt what he tells you."

Basil looks closer at the other Android, checking her wounds and taking care of them(as per long-time care):"You struck me down when you took the transmitter from Khonnirs house. But I hold no grudge against you, because you did not do it in hatred, but to fulfill what you considered your mission. Tell me more about how humans wished you ill. Could it have been because they mistook you for one of Hellions servants in the first place, and are afraid of those? You had humanoids with you that often cause trouble in civilized places, lacking order and structure themselves. What made you doubt others so much that you would blindly follow a single God that does not seem to respect you?"


Website with game info

She lets out a strange chuckle at the mention of power that could kill dragons, "I think your idea of power is misplaced. Power can be used for different tasks. The fire of the torch is just wasted energy. Energy and power can be directed. Put somewhere to energize devices beyond comprehension. I wouldn't think a human could understand the details of ancient technology. "

Listening to Basil's speech.. "Hellion respects me, and my devotion to his mission. The orcs and ratfolk with me, they also worship Hellion, but to a lesser extent. I have no issue with humanoids as classification. I have an issue with humans directly. I was found in the east. I was in one of the pods. But when I awoke the world was on fire. Some scavengers found me, and my sisters. The process of waking us, caused an explosion that killed all but me. I had to learn to survive in the wilds. I had to fight off humans who tried to tear me apart. All I had with me is that weapon you took from me. I found myself to Scrapwall. I found the Lords of Rust, a home... a purpose. Hellion started to speak to me, outside words, but within my circuits directly. I became his most powerful priest. I ruled over the religious aspect of the Lords. Only the current leader Kulgara was above me. I was set to supplant him. His power was brutish, and Hellion gave me grace and power.... and.. a purpose."

A brief pause.. He looks up "What other purpose can there be, but to follow the will of your god?". Her eyes as genuine as they are capable. Her purple hair resting down and partially covering her face. The violet circuits pulsing slowly over her body. In this state, stripped of her gear, she seems younger. Unsure of the world she was birthed by fire into.


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Keldor nods gently, getting the gist of where this is going.

"My comprehension of technology is based on my nature: I see things from my perspective, and I have only known Golarion and its common tools for most of my life. Technology is new to me and fascinating. I have no claim of great knowledge of it, but that does not mean I am completely unknowing of it either: I am learning, which all things do...over time."

Pacing a bit he replies again.

"Now...not all humans are as you fear. To condemn them all for a few people's actions, is not only illogical but ignorant. You don't seem stupid to me. Why then? Because Hellion says so? Doesn't that make you as bad as the humans you fear? If you and Hellion are so superior to humans, why then torture and kill them? Why bother? Why not try to help them understand? A god is supported by its worshipers. Why not add humans to his ranks by coming out of hiding? Humans are adaptable, and for the most part based on their level of education and understanding of the world around them, accepting in MOST cases I think. You landed in a bad place and had bad things happen to you. Boo Hoo. Welcome to existence. Now get on with your life and stop worrying how you can take it out on everybody else, and try improving, even EDUCATING those around you to make them better people! Destruction is easy. Growth? Compassion? Honesty? These are all hard work and not for those who want the easy way out. Anyone who says otherwise, justs wants to sell you something."


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

Thawm turns 90 degrees and bites her lip.
Maybe following a greater god? she thinks to herself as Keldor and Basil continue their not-interrogation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ongoing Effects:
+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex
HP: 32/36 | Grit 2/3 | Determination 1/2 | Judgement 1/2| RN: 0/1 | AC: 18 / T: 12 / FF: 16 | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +6 | CM6B: +3, CMD: 16 | Init: +5, Perception: +10 (Darkvision 60ft +Lowlight-Vision) |

"There are scavengers and bandits among all races. It was unfortunate your run-in was with human ones. I am glad you survived, and mourn for your other sisters. I was not aware of your bond with the weapon. I will make sure it is disarmed and unpowered, then return it to you, if that will provide you comfort."
Basil thinks of her own gun. Even now, when it was just in the next room, she felt - naked - without it. In fact, she would probably have felt less naked if she had the gun instead of her clothing with her.
"The fact you were an aspiring leader suggests option 2 to be true. That he only told you little so that you would not be tempted to make an informed decision for yourself. If you know too little, your only option is to blindly follow the path provided. Hence I am not certain if you mistake purpose for use. Or made your use into a purpose, because you desire such. I lack purpose, and desire it as well. But I want to find my own vision, not being given one. Hellion gave you what you desired. Power, Grace, Purpose. In return for obedience. It is not a bad deal, but is it one that you wanted, or one you felt you could not refuse? Did you voluntarily give up your free will in exchange for purpose? That seems a steep price. Not one I am willing to pay, yet-"


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

Thawm shakes her head as her companions keep talking at the android.


Male 1/2 Elf/Construct/Outsider (Synthesist) Summoner/Paladin Gestalt 4| HP 29/29 (Temp: +18/18)
Stats:
AC 21, T 12, FF 20| CMB +7, CMD 18 | F 10, R 7, W 10 | Init +1, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision/Darkvision|Current: Evasion

I think we're wearing her down! =)


Website with game info

She seems to get a bit defensive for a second, "I still have free will. I just... just.. am also following the desires of my god. Without him I would have no power. These spells I can channel through me, I do not believe he would grand them to me if I did not follow his wishes." She pauses for a second. "Then again he does not stop granting me power on any whim, so who knows. Still I believe my will is my own.... I just choose to do what he asks of me"

"Hellion, does not seem to want to support his followers. He seems to want a specific goal. He has not listened to my words. I just know he has enemies.. Or just enemy... I do not know who/what he speaks of. Could they be other androids?"

She does seem to be breaking..


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Nodding with a grim look, Keldor likes the hesitation the android is giving in her formerly solid beliefs, but dislikes helping someone doubt their faith.

"If that is all you know we must accept it. If we learn more of this puzzle, I think we would be willing to share this information with you as long as you are willing to share with us your honest opinions of the information. Agreed?"

He hesitates only for a second, but then continues before she answers.

"I'm not one to say what anyone else should or should not believe in, but I do know there are many gods who might listen to your call and answer it. Choice is utmost the important thing. It must be YOUR choice: To do good...or evil...or neither. Your god, any god, cannot not MAKE you do anything in the end. Whatever you do...its your choice and burden to bear. Your sin or salvation. Finally, I understand the Goddess Brigh is often a popular choice for many who understand and like machines? Maybe you could consider talking to a priest of one? If nothing else it would be a fascinating philosophical and religious discussion, would it not?"


Female N Human Wizard / Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 10 (10 TAC, 10 FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3 | SM: +7 | Spells etc | Active conditions: Fastidiousness (+2 vs inhaled and ingested diseases)

Thawm turns to face the prisoner as Keldor attempts to hammer the concept of personal responsibility and the freedom that comes with it into the android.

"Brigh might be okay if you really just care about constructs, but she isn't as good as the god of knowledge if you have questions that need answering." Thawm adds with a mischievous smirk.


Male 1/2 Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin Gestalt 4
Stats:
| HP 29/29| AC 17 (20 w/Smite), T 12 FF 15| CMB +5, CMD 17 (20w/Smite)| F 8, R 6, W 8 | Init +2, Perc +7 / Low-Light Vision| Temp:

Keldor looks askance at Thawm.

"Isn't he also the god of secrets too?'

Waving off a reply he turns back to the prisoner.

"Plenty of gods out there to talk about and look at. Even this strange land is civilized enough to have access to them."

1,851 to 1,900 of 1,944 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron Gods: Forged into Legends Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.