Galahad's Carrion Crown AP (Team Brawn) (Inactive)

Game Master Galahad0430

Carrion Crown AP (Team Brawn)


401 to 450 of 721 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

The Sorcerer retrieves his dagger, clearly showing the signs of being weakened by the stirge. He chuckles at Morbury's minor struggle "No problem my friend. Come, by me a drink at the tavern and we'll call it even. Then you can sit back and watch me entertain the townsfolk."


Morbury smiles. "Fair enough, good sir. Fair enough. But I am curious... what kind of entertainment do you offer? Do you spin fantastic tales of events that you have experienced firsthand or have heard throughout your travels? I have heard of those who have a such a gift, but I personally have never actually seen or known one to possess such."


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela pauses for a moment as combat ends as she walks over to the stirges felled by akidyka's sorcerery and steps on each one till she hears a satisfyign pop.

While doing so she casts detect magic on the area looking for any strange lingering aura's.

She then turns to the rest of the group, "Well than how bout ah drink!" as she happily saunters towards the laughing demon.'

ooc chatter:
Ale is particularly cheap. Under standard srd/prd prices if we each chipped in 2 gp we can buy 350 mugs of ale. It might be a fun idea to buy drinks for most the tavern goers in excess as if we proclaim the drinks are on us for the night.

It might bump of trust score up on the cheap, which could be useful and at least be jovial.

Anyone else like that idea?


male Half-elf Bard 2
Kayela Rest Bringer wrote:


She then turns to the rest of the group, "Well than how bout ah drink!" as she happily saunters towards the laughing demon.'

"Usually a good idea - especially now, when some of us have lost a bit of liquid ourselves" Hasmir quips, quickly back in a good mood. "Where could those vermin have come from, though? Maybe there is? He shrugs and shoulders his bow again, but eyes the surroundings suspiciously all the same.

The satisfying sound may be a wet splortch though, they have a lot of squishy bits and might have fed recently.


"Now that's what I'm talking about". "I do feel the need for a drink or seven".


male Half-elf Bard 2

"Too much blood in your alcohol stream, eh?" Hasmir grins, then checks the eaves of the gazebo. "Can anyone give me a hand, by the way? Maybe there's a nest of those darned things up there."

Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Woah... where did the darned gazebo go?


Morbury moves over to assist Hasmir. "That is a good idea, Hasmir. I will assist you. Better to be safe than sorry."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Or just take 20 if allowed.

Sovereign Court

You find no nest in the gazebo. Why they were there and where they came from is a mystery.

In the tavern, you hear more gossip as the people are less suspicious of you. You happen to hear two rumors. The first is that Jominda Fallenbridge does more than brew potions—she brews drugs and poisons as well and sells them through agents in other towns. Why else would the sheriff be so interested in her business?
The second is that they say that Harrowstone’s executioner still guards the execution balcony on the western side of the prison, and that on some nights, his scythe can be seen patrolling the balcony on its own, as if carried by an invisible spirit.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Over a mug of ale, Hasmir shares the details of some of what he's found out, almost without exaggeration. Well, considering how things get left out of official documents, he is fairly sure what he is saying may be just as close to the truth. "... and this is why they call him Father Charlatan. By the looks of it, he was quite the arse. Makes you wonder why the gods didn't do anything about it, really - apparently, not even send someone who could."

Sovereign Court

I will go ahead and get the next days reearch rolls done.

Dryden 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Hasmir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Morbury 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Kayela 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Arigoder 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Akydidya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Darcy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Sovereign Court

Going by Kayela's original plan, Darcy is at the Temple w/Hasmir, so the +4 for the Temple and the +2 for Hasmir's assist give her a 26. Kayela's 24 +2 for the location they are at is also sufficient. Congrats! You find two more (the last ones).

With help from the others, Darcy uncovers this morsel of information while digging through the records at the Temple:

The Lopper (Vance Saetressle): When the Lopper stalked prey, he would hide in the most unlikely of places, sometimes for days upon end with only a few supplies to keep him going while he waited for the exact right moment to strike. Once his target was alone, the Lopper would emerge to savagely behead his victim with a handaxe.

Meanwhile, at the Unfurled Scroll, Kayela finds this disturbing bit of history:

The Splatter Man (Hean Feramin): Professor Feramin was a celebrated scholar of Anthroponomastics (the study of personal names and their origins) at the Quartrefaux Archives in Caliphas. Yet an accidental association with a succubus twisted and warped his study, turning it into an obsession. Feramin became obsessed with the power of a name and how he could use it to terrify and control. Soon enough, his reputation was ruined, he’d lost his tenure, and he’d developed an uncontrollable obsession with an imaginary link between a person’s name and what happens to that name when the person dies. Every few days, he would secretly arrange for his victim to find a letter from her name written in blood, perhaps smeared on a wall or spelled out with carefully arranged entrails. Once he had spelled his victim’s name, he would at last come for her, killing her in a gory mess using a complex trap or series of rigged events meant to look like an accident.

Also, congrats everyone. You are now level two.


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Whoohoo on the level! Though I would hope we can get some more time the night before at the tavern. Akydi has a nice performance planned, but I haven't had time to post it up.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

I'm fine with pre-rolling our research checks. Like Akydid there were a few things I was hoping to do at the tavern. I was mostly just waiting for a scene change and a description of the tavern as well as letting the holidays distracting me.

Kayela is primarily interested in gathering information about anyone that is infirm, ill, or injured in town. As a traveling healer she's interested in helping those she can free of charge if she can.

Dice Checks:
Gather information (For info on anyone that's ill, injured, or infirm**);
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Diplomacy Check (To raise the disposition of those at the bar);*
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Performace Check (To aid any of our performers in any performance they make);
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

As Kayela enters the bar she sits down and eyes up the crowd and bar man. After a moment she stands up swiftly and speaks loudly to those loudly to all those present at the tavern. "As yah might all know we ah strangers tah your humble little hamlet. We where drawn here to tragedy tah oversee tah passing of dah beloved professor Lorrimor. We have been in mourning, but where ah come from ah part of tah grieving process is ah celebration of tah the deceased life." She then slams 3 gold pieces onto the counter to punctuate the statement. "I'm partial to celebrating with drink, so everyone dah first few couple of rounds ah on me! If yah dant know dah professor or perhaps dant care for him above all drink tah life!" (See diplomacy check to raise the disposition of those at the bar, 3 gold pieces buys 75 mugs of ale by standard srd prices)

Upon hearing of how Arigoder got his scars Kayela listens intently as she stirs her drink with her dagger. She occasionally makes the off-hand comment about orcs being dishonorable filthy green bags of bile and and filth. After hearing his tale she becomes a bit stoic and sad before she raises a drink expecting Arigoder to do the same "Tah yah mother!" she shares a toast taking a swig with him "Tah yah sister!" she takes another swig "Tah yah father" repeating the action a third time "An tah all dah orcs we slay" and she chugs the last of the ale before patting Arigoder on the back playfully and saying "I'll remember what day did tah yah an keep the thoughts of yah family close tah mah heart the next time my steel draws orc blood"

Kayela then returns to drinking and sharing the info with the rest of the group while occasionally asking stranger if they know anyone that's been injured or been taken by illness lately.


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

After Kayela buys the first round, Akydi pulls out his pan pipes and begins to play a jovial tune. He accompanies this with colorful lights, sounds of a few other instruments, and a few entertaining parlor tricks. Using Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound and Prestidigitation to enhance his performance. I'd like to take 10 or 20, but in case I need a roll 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

OOC @Akydid and general stuff about taking 10/20.:

Below is my understanding of the rules and like everything is subject to DM fiat:

Taking a 10 is allowed under situations where you're not in any immediate danger or distracted (most often combat). Some DMs house rule some skills out of this commonly (Diplomacy, Stealth, Intimidate, Bluff, Slight of hand, and untrained skills). You cannot normally take a 10 on UMD.

Taking a 20 is allowed when there is no penalty for failure, you have plenty of time, and you're not distracted or in immediate danger.

Common areas where taking a 20 is possible:
-Perception when searching.
-Escape Artist when trying to escape from bindings.
-Disable Device when picking a lock.
-Appraise.

Everything else is usually has some sort of consequence for failure. Taking a 20 results in retrying the check 20 times and thus takes 20 times the time. Taking a 10 takes the same amount of time as one check.

It's sketchy if you can take a 10 on knowledge checks and the RAW of the matter is debated last time I checked, but RAI is clearly in favor of not being able to take a 10.

TL;DR: In short you should be able to take a 10 and Kayela's performance roll was to aid anyone making a performance check. So if you're not taking your roll your performance should be a 20 with your modifiers and my aid.

Sovereign Court

Kayela's generosity and Akydidya's performance (I will assume that Hasmir joins in with this, not sure if he is back yet) go a long way in loosening up the crowd. Gossip flys fast and thick as the villagers treat all of you more warmly than before, especialy after your group's heroics in the town square. A few more interesting rumors go by you as people drift in and out of your party.

Rumors:
The food at the Laughing Demon isn’t all fun and games—and it’s no coincidence that Zokar serves more corpse chowder after unpopular merchants “leave town,” never to be seen again. If Zokar invites you into the Demon’s back room for a complimentary taste of that evening’s chowder, watch out! (of course, since you are in the only competing establishment to the Laughing Demon, this rumor may be a bit biased).

Now and then, if you visit Harrowstone near sundown, you can hear the ghost of the warden’s wife wailing and sobbing from somewhere within the ruins. She haunts the prison now, forever mourning her husband and attempting to frighten anyone who intrudes on the prison.

Your trust score has gone over 26. Mechanics-wise, this translates into a 5% discount on purchased goods in town. You also are greeted openly on the street and people no longer cast suspicious glances your way. You also gain a +2 modifier on any diplomacy checks here.

Sovereign Court

For the moment, ignore the next days research info until we get to that point. We will continue the tavern scene until you all want me to start the next morning. Oh, and in response to Kayela's inquiries about ill or wounded villagers, the general response is that Father Grimburrow and his acolytes are quite good at taking care of those matters and no one is currently in any need that anyone knows of.


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder nods in approval of Kayela's toasts, and rubs the fresher scar across his throat and says, with fire in his eye, "It's certainly what I think on when I kill them." He raises his tankard and smiles into his cup. To think, here I am enjoying myself, despite the strange circumstances and even stranger company... Or perhaps because of the strange company...

He listens to the performance and rumours for a time, then motions to the barmaid. With a smile, he places a full tankard before Kayela and smiles, saying, "I showed you mine..."


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela looks grimly at the ale before stating "Fair enough", "If ah was tah tell you how I got all the tatoos we'd be in this tavern all week so I'll just show yah dah ones I got dat were unintended" she jokes.

She plops her leg up onto the bar and draws up the hem clothing revealing a scar across her leg up to her knee, "Ah got dis fah being careless while climbing ah steep cliff when I was no more than 13 winters" She then unlatches the wolf skull that adorns her left shoulder and her clothing drops revealing her left shoulder blade and she points proudly to 4 scars that run from the tip of her shoulder diagonally down her back. "I got dis one when undergoing mah rites as a member of mah clan, I did battle wit ah fearsome Cinderwolf in dah Yawning Cave deep in dah Mindspin Mountains".

She then reattaches the skull as she downs the ale Arigoder provided and begins to lower her voice.

For Arigoder (or anyone else who makes a DC 13 perception check to eavesdrop):

"Dah next two ah hard tah speak of." she says under her breath. "Ah got dis one when ah killed mah brother." pointing to the scar across her eye. "If I hadn't stumbled back at dah last moment his spear would'a taken mah skull." she fiddles with her clothing and reveals a scar along her lower abdomen "An ah I got dis in dah same fight when mah uncle thrust my brothers dagger into me." she says pointing at one of her daggers. (The scar looks deep enough for the wound to have rendered her barren.)

She sighs motioning to a barmaid for another drink, "Ah was careless, I was tracking ah corpse thief and in mah brashness attempted tah confront dem mahself. Little did ah know dey wah mah family nor dat they wah under dah control of dah lesser spawn of ah vampire. she thinks to herself staring at her ale."An since ah am afflicted with dah curse dat muddles mah speech and obfuscates others words when ah hear em I couldn't understand dem in battle nor hear their last words as ah cradled em in mah arms as dah light left their eyes" she downs the next ale "Bot ah got mah vengeance dat night on dah wicked abomination." she grins.

"Mah quahs elders where not so understanding for daybreak turned any proof ah had tah ashes and ah lost mah place in mah home and branded ah tshamek (outsider) tah day after tah night I lost mah family" she mutters seething with a hint of anger.


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder winces slightly at Kayela's tale, and rubs his neck once more. He leans in and whispers...

For Kayela (or Eavedroppers):

Arigoder's voice creaks slightly as he speaks in a whisper, "You've probably noticed this one. This is the one that hurt the most, really. When the Orcs were done with me, they left me for dead, and I was found by a band of mercenaries who took me in and tended to my wounds. I spent the next 12 years of my life with them, working as a runner, messenger, watchman and finally a member of the band itself. The Band had been down on its luck for a few years, but we finally got a contract to defend a small village from raiders.... We thought it would be easy, but the raiders came, better organized and in larger numbers than we expected, and they knew exactly how and when to hit us when we were at our least effective. The raiders offered to have the Band join them. They said yes... I said no. And this..." He pauses to rub his throat again as his voice cracks, whispering clearly requiring some effort, "...this is where the very man who looked after me and trained me for years hit me with his battle axe. It was a hard blow, and I was killed immediately, though he must have hit a piece of armour as the scar doesn't seem to go all around, so I know I wasn't decapitated... I lay there dead for more than a day before the Judge of Gods came before me and praised my dedication to protecting the people of the world and resurrected me. Sadly, I was left to heal on my own, and this raspy voice and sore throat is the result."

He looks her in the eye and says, quietly, "So I understand the way that some scars burn forever, the way they smoulder in your skin and soul and leave you feeling seared by injustices... but when I agreed to serve the Lord of the Vault, he promised that I would, one day, deliver justice to the Band.. or the raiders.. or whatever it is that they've become.... and, honestly, before I came here and met you people, that thought was one of the few that kept me going."


Morbury is quite fascinated by the show Akydidyka and Hasmir put on. "That was quite the show!" He says in an almost childlike manner. "You both are quite fantastic! I must sadly admit, I have never seen such in all my days. Quite impressive..." he trails off a moment thinking back to his childhood, or lack thereof. "Quite." He repeats, as he takes another sip of tea, and then draws himself back within his cloak out of habit.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela listens closely to Arigoders tale.

For Arigoder (or Eavedroppers):

Kayela seems quite interested at the start with the promise of a glorious battle against raiders.

Her demeanor turns from interested to disgusted upon the mention of the betrayal. It further shifts to horrified at the mention of Arigoders death and resurrection.

Still speaking under her breath to Arigoder, "If yah ever find dah band of cowards yah have my hand in dah task of spillin der blood." she says with a smile. "Bot dis talk ah being brought back from dah is most shock'en! For yah be dah cutest lookin dead man I've evar seen walkin." she jokes.

She then becomes quite serious. "Bot mah honor demands I at least fight you fah skirtin tah boney hand of death, might ya step outside and we'll settle this small matter with fists." she says with a coy smile "I'll patch up us both up after ets ovar dah loser buys dah next round." she adds in a friendly manner.

She's challenging you to a duel outside. No weapons or shields, strictly unarmed attacks, no spell casting or misfortune. She will burn up spells for healing after wards. If you accept (which would make you totally awesome) the easiest way to speed it along would simply be to roll multiple say (6-10) unarmed attacks after initiative and roll damage on each that hits. We should both know our AC so we can resolve the fight ourselves the first doing enough non-lethal to stagger or knock unconscious wins the player who would have been knocked unconscious yielding before the attack. Unarmed attacks dealing non-lethal damage can't kill and heal at the rate of 1HP per hour so if this happens it should be mostly just fun.

For the record Kayela's accent largely resembles creole and is more of a Calypso from the Pirates of the Carribian movies over Durkon the Dwarf from the order of the stick comics. Just thought I should make that clear. <_<


Darcy is really here only to have a good time. She watches with interest as her two new friends put on their show, and tell their story, but is more interested in trying out the new Wasted Wyvern shot on special, than really discussing anything important. That can wait for tomorrow. All the studying and research today, as well as that stupid flying tick's attack have left her drained, and ready for relaxation.

Will make changes, and level up this weekend


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder laughs, "Surely you should be fighting The Lord of the Vault -- he's the one who brought me back?" He then winks and says more seriously, "I am his servant now, so I guess it's me either way."

He stands, drains his cup, and pulls out Kayela's chair for her. "After you, lady. I am always one to settle matters of honour."


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

@Everyone:

I presume for our fight we'll be using lvl 1 stats? We've got basic rules set down, hopefully Galahad won't mind us pulling our punches and having the losing character yield before knocked unconscious simply to not complicate the matter.

@Arigoder: Since Kayela won't be using spells/misfortune during the fight would you mind evening the playing field by refraining from using TWF/Power-Attack [retty please :)]? To speed the thing up simply post up you're AC/HP and multiple attack/damage rolls. The one that would've knocked the other out in the shortest amount of time wins with the other yielding beforehand.

I'll give character a chance to object/react/place bets/join to watch for RP purposes and post up my rolls sometime tomorrow.

She smiles "Next time ah see dat lord of dah Vault I'll give em ah good shining, but you'll do fah now"

Kayela finishes off her ale before pulling out Arigoder's chair for him "Dis shall be most fun!" she exclaims in glee. She turns to the rest of the party and states "Me an Ari are gonna" *timely-drunk hicup* "Have a friendly fight fah honor!" before she grabs Arigoder by the arm and heads outside where she removes her gauntlets and tosses them to the ground.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir, now much more relaxed, has tried reciting the Lay of Vanyo the Magnificent to the tune of Akidiki's performance. "Hark now, ye good folk and true, to the story of a great soul with so much to do. Vanyo was his name, great it was and good, a lover of virtue, and love, and good food. Yet one day he was challenged by not a small foe: Kancho the Terrible, foul bringer of woe. Man - nay, fiend - of great power, and stature as well, a head shorter than grown oak, and as proud as an elk... and he trails off for a grand story of epic quests, betrayal, and watered-down wine, to which the sentence is grim and ironic indeed...

Perform: Oratory 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Perception to overhear 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Some time and a few drinks later, he goes back to the two would-be warriors, and declaims in an official voice. "I say, a fight for honor, eh? Most good, most good. Shall we do this the Margrave of Pichkovtsi style, or as a regular brawl?"


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder follows Kayela out of the bar and gently places down his shield. "It wouldn't be fair to use it, and beside, it's bladed."

He takes up a ready stance and waits, saying, "Let me know when you are ready to begin..."

Fight Stuff:

Right, at level 1, Ari had 11 hp and a BAB of 1. Setting aside his shield gives him AC 16.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
First attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 for 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Second attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 for 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Third attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 for 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Fourth attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 for 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela replies to Hasmir "....pichkov...bwha?....." before stating with a measure of seriousness "A brawl it is". *timely drunk-hic-up*

Kayela smiles when Arigoder says .....when you are ready to begin... and replies "Well.... ladies first!" before throwing herself at Arigoder and initiating the fight.

Fight Stuff:

O.o damn Ari not a single roll below 10? (Kayela's Staggered by the end of 2nd attack)

At Lvl 1, Kayla's got AC of 17 without shield and HP of 13.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 (No need for War-Sight here)
First attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 for 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Second attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 for 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Ari wins doing just enough damage to stagger Kayela. I assume we'll fluff it to pretend it didn't simply last less than 12 seconds ;).

Cure Light Wounds rolls:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Kayela
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Kayela
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Arigoder

Final Tally of HP: 1 Non-lethal for Ari, 1 non-lethal for Kayela. Non-Lethal heals at a rate of 1 per hour so in an hour of drinking we're both tip tops.

Kayela opens up strong with a swift punch to the gut. It isn't long however before valiant Arigoder wins out his last attack sending her reeling dazed and confused in a drunken blur. She kneels to catch her breath and spits a little blood onto the dirt road before exclaiming, "Mah yah warrior spirit is strong" she grins "It's no wondar Tshmecks drove us tah storval wit tah strength ah Abadar at der backs" with a hint of bitterness in her joke.

She rights herself and dusts herself off before muttering a prayer in shoanti healing herself before she does the same to Arigoder. She slap him on the back "Ah good fight ah be lookin fah a rematch sometime oh bastion of Abadar, but for now I believe ah owe ya ah drink."

Sovereign Court

fight prediction..... 1d8 ⇒ 2 :)


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Once done giving his rousing performance, Aykdi overhears the comments about a fight for honor. He follows the his two companions, grabbing a small group of patrons as he goes. When he gets outside, he begins taking bets from the dozen or so mostly drunk folk that tagged along.

Sadly its not much of a fight, but he does collect a few silver, which he uses to buy more drinks for the now decently rowdy tavern.


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder reaches out a hand to help Kayela up, first with a smile, but then with a puzzled look from her bitterness, and says soberly and in a low voice, "Not everything done in Abadar's name is truly blessed by him... and as his servant, that is perhaps the most upsetting thing of all."

He then helps to pull her up and then starts rubbing at his face to assess the damage when the healing magic washes over him, "Thank you... I was worried that eye might swell shut otherwise."

He laughs good-naturedly at her joke, despite the slightly troubled look remaining on his face. He jests, saying, "Aye, well, I'll rarely say no to a free drink.. especially from a lovely lady."

Kayela:
He puts a friendly arm around her shoulders to proceed back into the bar, and offers in a low voice, "My axe is yours... to avenge any of the injustices that have befallen you."


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir observes the fight with interest and quite a lot of enthusiasm, though he winces slightly at some of the blows. I hope to the gods they don't take it too far... they've both had a bit to drunk, and there might be a bit of bitterness at Kayela's end... not at him, personally, hopefully. He tries to keep the thoughts off his face and show only good-natured merriment.

"All's well that ends well, oh brave warriors," he says, beckoning them inside with a smile. "Now, I imagine a few more drinks are in order to stave off the night's cold?"

He will, when possible, mouth a quiet. "Hope you didn't go too far," to Arigoder, but apart from that seems to regard the whole event as a slightly drunken jest.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

OOC over bitterness:

Kayela's joke at the end was a Galorion specific in cannon joke about the Shoanti being driven from their fertile homeland by Chelexian settlers, about 300 years ago long before the death of Aroden, and into the harsh environment of the Storval Plateau / Cinderlands.

She's not really bitter about anything (as it's not in any way personal), it's just a idle joke about civilization and by extension (Abadar see portfolio:'cities') overcoming the wilds of nature and culture of a primitive non-sedentary people.

@ Arigoder:

Kayala smiles as she continues walking back with Arigoder to the bar, "Should yah axe hold dah power to burn the cities of Varisia tah dah ground ah might take yah up on the offer..." she jokes "..bot fah now lets turn it's blade tah vengeance fah good Lorrimor an wiping dis world of dah dead dat cling tah dah material rhelm."

Kayela returns to the bar and buys Arigoder another drink before drinking a few more herself to... stave off the cold (of course). She'll regale random folk with strange tales, challenge a few people to arm wrestling, and loose a few coppers playing cards before the night is through.

(I'm ready for scene change, but will RP with anyone as it occurs)


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir seems to be listening to some of Kayela's tales, then pushes a drink he got from the bar in her direction. "Seems like you've seen an' heard quite a lot, Kayela. So what do you make of this here thing?"

hey, did people tell Hasmir of the skipping rhyme?


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

At the start of our adventure I posted up that Kayela shares the info they discovered today with the rest of the group. So I'll assume she's told you or you overheard it.

Kayela levitates the mug of ale with Mage Hand inspecting it closely for any particularities before she snatches it out of the air and drinks it down. As she sets it down she turns to Hasmir quite replies quite seriously "Ahhhhh believe it ...was an ale." *timely-drunk-hicup* "Bot nah it's simply a mug" she jokes with a giggle.


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Kayela, was your comment about burning Varisia's cities to the ground aloud? or were they more of a whispered comment?


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

@Akydid I figured it for a whisper, but honestly if it sparks good RP I don't mind Akydid overhearing it. If you feel strange about the matter throw ups a DC 10 perception check to overhear it. I can't imagine she did a very particularly good job of keeping her voice down or anything even if she tried so feel free for whatever.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir is slowly sipping from a mug of his own, taking his time to enjoy the brew (presuming, of course, that it is at least remotely enjoyable). "A mug with ale without the ale is a mug, yes." A few more sips. I meant to ask you about the things we've been digging up lately. Remember that catchy, morbid rhyme you told me about, the one with the skipping girls? He hums the words in a sing-along, with a slight smile on his face. "Cheery girls."


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

"Oh yah mean dat one wit tah verses dat most strangely fit perfectly wit dah criminals we been learnin of?" she says most casually. "Ah thought I'd finally got dat tune out oh mah mind!" she cries as she punches Hasmir in the arm lightly before joining in the morbid sing-along with a whistle.

As she motions to the bar-keep "Ah think ya owe me another fah casting it back inta mah mind like dat, oh elvish travellar"

Sovereign Court

Akydidya, you make 8sp from your bets.

The next morning everyone wakes up (some in worse shape than others) to a repeat of the other morning. A crowd is gathering by the memorial where a second bloody letter has appeared. Now the blood spattered monument has a "VE" on it. The revelry of the night before is quickly suppressed by the new disquiet of the villagers.


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

A wee bit of last night:
Arigoder cocks his head to the side slightly at Kayela's comment, and then says quietly, "Not all the cities, no. But the wicked ones, certainly."

Arigoder looks at the monument and shakes his head, I hope this does not cost us the goodwill we may have gained in our dealings thus far..

He steps back toward his friends and holds his throat to help him whisper, "I do not like the feel of this. I worry what happens when whoever finishes spelling out whatever they are dealing with."


Morbury studies the monument, trying to determine who, or what, the letters might stand for. "I agree Arigoder. Whoever is responsible for this, obviously has a message to deliver. I suggest we speak to Father Grimburrow and see if he may know someone, or something, that might begin with these letters. It may be imperative we find out before this is finished."


"I'll bet it's going to spell 'Vengence', Darcy quips.


Morbury turns to Darcy, back to the monument, then back to Darcy. "That is a clever assumption, Miss Darcy. It is difficult to disagree with that. If that is the case, then my next question is who's?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

I assume this is still the day where later we're going to finish up the last batch of research checks? Correct? so we wouldn't have viable information on the splatter man until later tonight.

Kayela looks up and down at the new defacement casts detect magic and focus's on the memorial for the full 3 rounds needed to determine the strength of the Aura.

She'll also experiment a little and pour some water on the letters and try to scrub them away.

She will then look over the monument and read any writing that's on it (Obviously not the blood soaked letters). Taking a 20 on a search/perception check 20 + 5 = 25

She'll continue to search the area for any tracks she might pick up on or anything else she might find.

Perception Check; (Take a 20 for a 25) to locate anything of interest.

If she picks up on any strange tracks of whoever might have done this.

Survival check to inspect the tracks;
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

All the while she responds, "Hmmmmm.... dis es strange" while scratching her hair nervously. Upon hearing Charon's comment "I'll take dat bet child, das ah gold crown (1 gold coin) sound right fah ya".

Looking a little shaken, "Wat plagues mah mind is.....where did das blood come from?"

Sovereign Court

No matter how hard or what substance you try, the letters will not wash off. As far as writing on the monuemnt, there is a list of names of all the non-prisoners who died in the fire at Harrowstone. There are three names tha begin with "VE". One guard with the first name of Vestro, one guard with the last name of Vesolak, and the Warden's wife, Vesorianna. You also find no tracks (big surprise there with that 0 SURV roll :) )


Hey Kayela, when you write: 'Upon hearing Charon's'...; I'm guessing you mean Darcy? Or is that just part of the talk?

Looking at the names, Morbury is now even further at a loss. "Well, either one of these three is the future name on this monument, or Miss Darcy is right. Or possibly both."


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Oh my, a rogue who has the exact same avatar in the other PbP I'm in threw me off. Damn paizo's 1 hour edit rule! That's what I get for posting in the wee hours of the morn. *is embarrassed*


lol! No biggie. I was just curious is all.


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Akydi peers closely at the letters, lost in thought. "VE, VE..hmm, Vengeance does make sense, but so does one of those names. It could possibly be both. Didn't some of the townsfolk mention rumors about the warden's wife haunting the ruins? and her name is Vesorianna. Vesorianna's Vengeance?"

401 to 450 of 721 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Galahad's Carrion Crown (Team Brawn) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.