Galahad's Carrion Crown AP (Team Brawn) (Inactive)

Game Master Galahad0430

Carrion Crown AP (Team Brawn)


551 to 600 of 721 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

"You mean Akydidyka, Hasmir. And it is highly probable that their bite can cause an excruciating amount of pain" Morbury states as a matter of fact.


male Half-elf Bard 2

"Yees... Gentlemen, I must make nicknames for you, this is getting embarassing. Ladies, too," Hasmir mutters loud enough for everyone to hear. "And Morbury, I trust you enough not to want to test," he continues, readying an arrow from his quiver.

Sovereign Court

still having map trouble, and we probably need one for this fight, will have it up this evening.


male Human Cleric 2

Just so everyone knows, Galahad is having some difficulties (nothing serious or bad, just hectic) IRL. He will probably be back on tomorrow. Talked to him on the phone earlier.

Sovereign Court

Ok, I'm back. Can't use Maptools at work, so I will get it up when I get home (finally learned how to use it correctly):)

Sovereign Court

spider 1

Ok, thought I understood maptools, but I was wrong. On the plus side I was able to make a map with paint.

Arigoder 1d6 ⇒ 3
Morbury 1d6 ⇒ 5
Dryden 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
spiders 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Round 1

Hasmir
Morbury
Arigoder
Kayela
spiders
Akydidya
Darcy
Dryden


"It looks like we have several to contend with. Careful." Morbury prepares to swing at the first spider that gets near him.

Ready action to act first one that draws near

Scimitar: w/PA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Well crap.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

As if on cue without any understanding of what Morbury just said Kayela steps forwards in a defensive stance Morningstar raised and says "Aranearum? Aranearum? Ego venit hic ad pugnam impia abominationes non aranearum! Sordida pestes!" as her weapon comes down with a hard splat and echoing thump of steel connecting with the stone floor.

Celestial translation:

Spiders? Spiders? I came here to fight unholy abominations not spiders! Filthy pests!

Mechanics:

Actions: (5-foot step to E3, Fight Defensively -4 to hit +2 to AC, Attack S2)

(Attack S2)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
(Damage S2)
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

@Galah: Misfortune the first spider that rolls high as always. If someone moves to E3 put her at E4 instead. If something kills S2 apply attack to S3 instead.

Status:

AC:20/T:13/FF:19 HP:20/20
Spells/Buffs Active: Guidance, Light, Virtue, Resistance (Duration: approx 5 rnds)


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Been waiting on Hasmir - however, unless something really odd happens before Ari's turn, this would be the action...

Arigoder snarls and takes a step forward, bringing up his shield and battle axe to face the spiders rushing the group. With a low growl, he brings down his axe and punches foward with his shield, trying to strike down the vermin before they harm any of his companions.

Mechanics:

Ari takes a 5' step into C5 and power attacks S5 with his battle axe and shield.

Battle Axe (PA): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Spiked Shield (PA): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


male Half-elf Bard 2

Sorry, was away most of yesterday.

Hasmir reacts quickly, lining a shot at the nearest spider and letting loose before things become too chaotic.

Spoiler:
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Darcy calmly draws and releases a friendly wake up arrow at that nasty looking S5.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Shortbow PBS
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Arrow PBS

"Fiddlesticks"

Sovereign Court

lol, she said "fiddlesticks" :)

Before anyone else reacts, Hasmir lets an arrow fly and it solidly strikes one of the spiders (S3). Morbury's strike misses, But Arigoder steps up and flattens one spider (S4) and wounds another with his shield (S5). Kayela then moves up in a defensive stance and kills another spider (S2). Mindless of their casualties, the remaining spiders move forward to attack.

when you move, please give me the coordinates of where you are moving to. As of now, I have Kayela in E3, Arigoder in C5, and Hasmir and Morbury in the same spot they started in.

Sovereign Court

S1 moves up (F3) and so does S6 (F4) and both attack Kayela. S3 just attacks Morbury and S5 attacks Arigoder.

S1 vs Kay 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
S6 vs Kay 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
S3 vs Morbury 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
S5 vs Arigoder 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Dryden and Akydidya are up, already have Darcy's action, then top of round. Darn, all the lower AC people were in the back.


male Half-elf Bard 2

So they are in melee and there are a lot of us in the way.. not good odds for a shot, I guess. Hey, does anyone remember where the post is that states who took what from the stash?

Unfortunately, in the chaotic melee Hasmir feels that his archery skills would not benefit his friends much, and he wouldn't want to risk shooting one of them in the back (or buttocks, the thought flashes through his mind as his eyes catch an otherwise appealing sight). It seems at present he is limited to moral support. "Take heart, friends! This is a chapel sacred to the divine, they will not allow us to suffer defeat to such a lowly foe in a place like this. Strike for honor, and for faith!"

Inspire courage +1, 2nd round out of 9 for today.


male Human Cleric 2

Dryden moves into the room and attacks the first spider he sees.

actions:
move to D-5, attack S5.

Attack vs S5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dryden's ill-timed swing completely misses the spider and narrowly misses Arigoder. Dryden's usual frown deepens.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Not sure I like that roll Dryden. Round 1 Misfortune reroll: Dryden ;)

Attack vs S5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage if needed vs S5 (Unless Dryden want's to roll it)
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The momentum of his ill fated swing throws Dryden off balance as his frown deepens the momentum and a strange wind guides his mace directly into his target.


male Human Cleric 2

Why thank you Kayela :)


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Akydi takes aim and tosses one of his daggers 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 dagger attack vs S5 for 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder, seeing the spiders around him crushed, takes a step forward to strike at the remaining vermin still threatening the group.

Mechanics:
Ari takes a 5' step to D5 to shield-bash S3 and strike at S6 (which moved in, I believe?) with his axe..

Battle Axe (PA): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11 {inspired} for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Spiked Shield (PA) : 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14 {inspired} for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Round 2:

Kayela's shield still raised she bangs her morningstar against it trying to garner the attention of the mindless spiders, her posture still defensive as she cries out..."Ego sum ​​non virgo misit hic ad has aranearum" just before her Morningstar comes crashing down on the nearest spider.

Celestial Translation:

I am not a maid servant here to squish spiders.

Mechanics:

She'll stay where she is (E,3) and attack either S1 or S6 which ever has taken any damage/wounds by her turn. If neither has taken any damage and S3 has, if it's possible she'll 5-foot step to E4 and apply her attack to S3. Otherwise, just flip a coin on either S1/S6.

She'll opt to continue fighting defensively hoping to attract their attention to her rather than her allies. (-4 to hit, +2 to AC).

Attack on either S1, S6, or S3
1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 20
Damage on either S1, S6, or S3
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Ready, Misfortune on the first spider to roll high as always.

Current Status:

AC:20/T:13/FF:19 HP:20/20 Location: (E,3) possibly (E,4).
Spells/Buffs Active: Guidance, Light, Virtue, Resistance (Duration: approx 4 rnds)

Sovereign Court

Don't worry too much about duplicating positions, I can adjust where necessary and if something happens that drastically changes the situation, I will just ask for a new action.

Kayela's misfortune prevents Dryden from accidently braining Arigoder with his mace and instead redirects it into the spider (S5), killing it. Hasmir's inspiring song does not help Arigoder as he moves forward and misses both of his targets. Kayela, however, is able to finish off another spider (S3).

This just leaves Morbury before the remaining two spiders (S1 & S6) attack.


Seeing the spiders drop all around them, "Well done," he compliments the others as he moves toward the two remaining.

Move toward S1. Space F3 or G4, doesn't matter.

Scimitar: w/PA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Crit threat
Damage: w/PA 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Crit confirm:
Scimitar: w/PA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: w/PA 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

If confirmed, then 21 total damage. 19 damage normal plus 2 fire damage due to trait.


Darcy sends another feathered shaft towards any remaining moving spiders. Sorry I'm confused about where everybody is.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Shortbow attack, Inspired, PBS

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Arrow, Inspired, PBS

Sovereign Court

Don't worry darcy its pretty much over now.

Morbury moves up to one of the remaing spiders and hits it so hard that it explodes in a viscous green mist that coats everyone within 10'.

The remaining spider singlemindedly remains fixated on food and attempts to bite Kayela.

spider vs Kayela 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

It, of course, misses and then everyone pounds it to mush. After a moment it appears that these were all off the spiders nesting here and Ad'ifaah continues to burn away the cobwebs, revealing the rest of the room.


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)
Galahad0430 wrote:
After a moment it appears that these were all off the spiders nesting here and Ad'ifaah continues to burn away the cobwebs, revealing the rest of the room.

Who in the Nine Hells is Ad'ifaah??? That's not even close to one of our names...

Sovereign Court

Oops....the two groups are finally in the same room and I got confused.

Err....I mean Morbury and Kayela.....yeah, that's it....


As the spider explodes, Morbury is taken aback as pieces of it fly everywhere. As the group finishes off the last spider, he turns to them all, "I believe a proper cleaning is in order once I return," he says as he wipes the spider guts from his face. "Alright, let us make sure there is nothing of importance within this room and then move on."

Will check out the room, (along with anyone else who wants to) Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 then if nothing, move on to the next room. The one that kinda looks like a diamond.

Sovereign Court

As you search the room, you come across a cabinet covered with webs in the northwest wall that still contains a few religious supplies, including five vials of holy water, a scroll of lesser restoration, and a wand of cure light wounds (15 charges).


"This should all prove quite useful. Let us gather it up and continue on."

After the group collects the items, "Very well. Now let us see what the next room has in store for us." Morbury will then lead the way into the next room.

Sovereign Court

The room across from the chapel is also open. This chamber is in a shambles, old wooden benches lie in ruins along the walls, while rusty chains and bits of rotten rope lie scattered on the floor.

everyone make perception checks.


Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Yay! :P


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Perception

Akydi looks around the room, wary of any dangers that might be lurking.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Anyone feel free to take hold of the rest of the gear. The wand and scroll only really useable for dryden/kay/morbury.

Kayela picks up 2 flasks of holy water before tossing the scroll and wand in Drydens direction. "Remnants left here bah your faithful na' doubt, it only fitting fah you tah hold." she mentions off offhandedly after she wipes the spiders bloody goo off her morningstar with the edges of her skirt.

She'll continue her chanting and praying calling upon spirits and lesser magics to ward her before before leaving the chapel and cautiously approaching the next room shield and morningstar raised.

Perception:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


male Half-elf Bard 2

[Ok, I still think we need to get a total inventory list of the party. I can compile on if you can you please post a link to the posts where loot was awarded.

Hasmir spends a while getting the chapel back to shape and leaving a silver coin for luck before respectfully leaving. "Presuming we get all this cleared up, maybe someone could restore that place."

As the party approaches the next room, he hangs around the middle of the group, and his bow is at the ready as he looks around warily.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder says, "Might be wise to spread the Holy Water around, in case of further undead activity."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Perception

Darcy busies herself trying to retrieve her spent arrows.

High good / Low bad

1d100 ⇒ 82

1d100 ⇒ 49


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela nods to Arigoder "I'll make use of tah flasks I have taken, I had hoped tah fill mah aspergillum with tah holy water, feel free tah take wat you please and if anyone needs ah flask I shall part wit one gladly."

Sovereign Court

Hasmir:
You hear a faint sobbing and the clanking rattle of chains, while at the same time being filled with a momentary sensation of hopelessness and the strange feeling of heavy manacles clamping over
her wrists. These sensations pass quickly, however.

Hasmir sent me a pretty comprehensive list of the stuff acquired so far, I am going back through the book to double check, then I will post it on the campaign info tab. I know I told Darcy a while ago that I would do this, sorry for not following up sooner.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir seems edgy and blinks a few times, then closes his eyes and strains to hear. "What... was that? It's like there's a dungeon or something nearby." Could anything have survived here, he wonders - it seems impossible. Unless this place has had much newer prisoners... or the rumours of haunts are much more real than what they have seen so far.

"Her" wrists? Who is "she?"


Morbury turns to Hasmir, "What is it you speak of, Hasmir?"


male Half-elf Bard 2

The bard appears confused for a second. "It's... like... there is a sobbing, or the sound of chains, coming from far away. Maybe this place is getting to me... Actually, no, I didn't hear them until awhile ago."

He stands quietly for a few seconds, straining to hear. "Did they use to keep prisoners at this level? Maybe that cult that's been around here recently decided to make use of this place."


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela looks at Morbury strangely "Perhaps dah spirits ah play'n ah trick on ya mind" she then grins slyly "Or perhaps this place is getting to ya an' ya mind is play'n tricks on you."


Morbury thinks on what Hasmir has told them. "Kayela is right. I believe this place attempts to attack us mentally. Regardless, I feel it best we follow through with what you have heard. It's highly probable it is nothing, but I would hate to be incorrect. Where you able to pinpoint a direction from whence it came?"

Sovereign Court

No sooner does Hasmir finish telling of his experience, when several sets of manacles rise from the dusty floor and attack you.

manacles init. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

1d7 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d5 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 3

mancles vs Morbury 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
mancles vs Hasmir 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
mancles vs Arigoder 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
mancles vs Dryden 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

grab vs Hasmir 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

3 sets of manacles bounce harmlessly off of people's armor, but the fourth set hit Hasmir from behind and successfully lock themselves to his wrists. Everyone sees blood ooze out from where they grab Hasmir as they constrict him.

Hasmir, you take 2 pts. of damage and are grappled. Everyone can roll initiative.


Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Arigoder winces slightly as the manacles strike him without effect. In a somewhat anxious voice he asks, "Does anyone know what's happening? Is this like the door earlier, where we just need to use a bit of Holy Water to break the curse?" At least, with the spiders, I knew what to do, and my axe was useful.


male Human Cleric 2

init. 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

knowledge religion ? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Is it another haunt?


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Initiative

"Yikes"! "What are those things", Darcy squeals, trying to find something to jump up on top of.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Initiative/Knoweledge Rolls:

Initiative (Take highest: War Sight)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Initiative: 19

Knoweledge Check
(Religion)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Kayela looks astonished by events and thinks to herself as the mancles clamp around poor Hasmir,

Or maybe something was trying to warn him....


male Half-elf Bard 2

"Oh, hells," Hasmir swore, and shook his hand, fruitlessly trying to get the thing off. "Get off me, you damnable thing!"

Said thing did not deem it necessarily to immediately obey his command, so he tried to use force.

Do I need to roll CMB now, or the manacle? Also, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for initiative.

551 to 600 of 721 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Galahad's Carrion Crown (Team Brawn) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.