Galahad's Carrion Crown AP (Team Brawn) (Inactive)

Game Master Galahad0430

Carrion Crown AP (Team Brawn)


601 to 650 of 721 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Init

As none of the manacles tried to grab Akydi, the young mage tries to help free Hasmir Let me know what, if any, kind of roll I need to make to assist Hasmir

Sovereign Court

Hasmir, you can either try to escape the grapple w/ escape artist or by rolling your CMB, Aky you can assist him by doing the same vs DC 10 to give Hasmir a +2 to his roll.

Round 1
( there are 4 sets of manacles flying around, none are adjacent to any other pair. All are within reach of a party member.)

Hasmir
Darcy
Kayela
Arigoder
manacles
Akydidya
Morbury
Dryden

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Everyone who rolled knowledge reilgion is pretty sure these are not undead or a haunt, although the spirits may have something to do with them.

Akydidya:
You are certain these are 'animated objects'. They are destroyed like breaking items. They have a hardness of 10 and usually have a weakness associated with their type. With these you are fairly certain their weakness is cold.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Combat Maneuver check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Not sure what to do, or how to fight these unknown things, Darcy defaults to "Shoot it".

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Shortbow attack

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Arrow Damage PBS


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder grimaces at the lack of response to his question... By the Vault! Well, like they said in training, if it's trying to get you, when it doubt, hit it with an axe until it stops...

He tries to strike the flying chains with his axe, and then bash them with his shield, trying to keep the shield between the chains and himself in order to prevent them from binding him.

Battle Axe (PA): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Spiked Shield (PA):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela will begins chanting in celestial and a pale light of divine magic washes over her. "Maiorum dare me virtus ad...." after calling upon the divine magics she rushes to get a better position on one of her new found enemies.

Mechanics:

-Cast Divine Favor (Standard Action)
-Move to flank enemy. (Move action)

Misfortune first manacle to roll high as always.

Status:

AC:18/T:11/FF:17 HP:20/20 Location: ???
Spells/Buffs Active: (Guidance, Light, Virtue, Resistance; Dur: 5ronds) (Divine Favor; Dur: 10 rnds)

@Hasmir: Couldn't do it this round due to being FF till I acted, but if you'd like a reroll during round 2 to escape the grapple feel free to take it if you roll low. Unless I use it before initiative gets back up to you.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Yes, a reroll if the roll is bad would be nice.

Sovereign Court

I have updated the campaign info page and added the tab for loot.


male Half-elf Bard 2

CMB check to break free: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Sovereign Court

Darcy's arrow appears to bounce harmlessly off of a pair of manacles, but Arigoder's axe does manage to damage the ones attacking him.

Round 1 manacles

manacle vs Hasmir 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 (maintain grapple)
manacles vs. Arigoder 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
manacles vs. Morbury 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
manacles vs. Dryden 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Wow! What's up with the diceroller :)

The manacles holding Hasmir barely maintain their grasp as they squeeze him for 2 more pts. of damage. The others flail wildly....

Hasmir, your roll is for your round two action and is successful.


male Human Cleric 2

I don't think I can even damage these, but at least I can increase my AC and CMD :)

Dryden defends himself against the manacles attacking him.

fight defensively for +2AC and CMD

attack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder notes the small notch made in the manacles despite the power behind his axe strike and winces. It is not easy to break steel with steel -- and I cannot use both hands on my axe because of my shield.

He raises his weapons to strike again, and calling out to his companions, "Does anyone have a weapon made of something harder than these manacles? Or a way to stop the magic -- or at least soften the steel?"

He again tries to strike the flying chains with his axe, while putting his shield between himself at the set trying to strike at him.

Battle Axe (PA): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Spiked Shield (PA): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Round 2:

In the midst of the strange fight pale holy magic radiating a dim pale light along Kayela's tattoos. Noticing the the strength Arigoder's blow and remembering how hard he can punch evidenced by the dull ace that still lingers from his blows the previous night she tosses her shield to the side and it flies off whisked away slamming into a nearby wall.

Kayela stiffly speaks in celestial, "Haec catena te spiritus hic fractus manu mea et scire pacem solvebantur a tormentum hic." as she spins her morningstar in both hands and slams it into the mancles Arigoder just hit. She rests into a defensive posture eyeing the entangling steel with caution.

Celestial Translation:

"These chains that bind you spirits here shall be broken by my hand and you shall know peace unshackled from your unfortunate torment within these walls."

Mechanics:

-Move Action: Drop shield [-1AC] (Flies 10ft away due to haunted curse)
-Free Action: to shift morningstar to two handed.
-Standard Action: Attack (Fight Defensively: +2 AC -4 attack).

-Attack: (Target: manacles Ari damaged [flanked?]); 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
-Damage; 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

As always after her turn she regains swift/immediate actions so misfortune the first manacle to roll high. Thanks :)

Status:

AC: 19/T:12/FF:18 HP:20/20 TempHP: 1/1 CMD: 16 (18)* Location: Flanking for Ari
Spells/Buffs Active: (Guidance, Light, Virtue, Resistance; Dur: 4rnds) (Divine Favor; Dur: 9 rnds)

*If Fighting Defensively adds +2 bonus to CMD as well.


Round 1

Scimitar: w/PA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: w/PA 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Misfortune reroll

Scimitar: w/PA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: w/PA 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Round 2

"I'm afraid I do not; and know not, Arigoder." Morbury responds, as he swings again, hoping to do a far better than last time.

Scimitar: w/PA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: w/PA 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Will go ahead and post my action even though I'm way down in intiative order.

This is what I get for destroying that spider. The dice roller ALWAYS has the last laugh. :(

AC 19; CMD 17; Hp's 19


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Akydi responds to Arigoder's question "Cold apparently harms these things the best." He moves to assist freeing Hasmir, grabbing the manacles. 1d20 ⇒ 8

Sovereign Court

Kayela wrote:
*If Fighting Defensively adds +2 bonus to CMD as well.

Yes, dodge bonuses add to CMD, as well as insight, deflection, sacred/profane, morale, luck and circumstance bonuses.

Sovereign Court

Morbury's blows seem to have little effect (they came close), Dryden does his best to defend himself. Hasmir succesful escapes the grasp of the manacles that had him bound. Kayela swings with all her might and finishes off the manacles that Arigoder had damaged, but unfortunately, Arigoder's attempts to damage another pair fail.

Darcy, you are up and you can move to flank any one of the manacles you want. I checked and these have construct traits, they are NOT immune to crits or sneak attack and they can be flanked. Where is that Ray of Frost when you need it :)

manacles vs Hasmir 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
manacles vs Morbury 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
manacles vs Dryden 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Oh well...nothing ventured nothing gained.

Darcy takes a deep breath and with a teenage girl cry of fury, leaps from the thing she was standing on, and lands behind one of the sets of manacles, flipping through the air, and drawing her shortsword as she does so.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Acrobatics

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Shortsword attack (+1 if there was a higher surface to jump from.

2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5) + 1 = 10 Shortsword / precision damage.


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

No longer the focus of an attacking set of chains, Arigoder breathes a quick sigh of relief. Noting how his blows glances harmlessly from the last set of manacles, he shrugs off his shield and places both hands on his axe, I suppose the old adage is true: Sometimes, the best defense is a strong offense..

He takes a small steps forward to strike down the nearest set of writhing chains.

Battle Axe (PA): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Round 3

Kayela moves to the manacles nearest her and Arigoder and raises her morningstar above her head and smashes it into the cold hard iron of the manacles the ringing of steel against iron echoing throughout the stone chamber.

Mechanics:

-Move action: Move & set up Flanking for Ari
-Standard Action: Attack Manacle [defensively];
Morningstar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Misfortune ..yata yata... as always.

Status:

AC: 19/T:12/FF:18 HP:20/20 TempHP: 1/1 CMD: 18 Location: Flanking for Ari
Spells/Buffs Active: (Guidance, Light, Virtue, Resistance; Dur: 3 rnds) (Divine Favor; Dur: 8 rnds)


male Human Cleric 2

Dryden continues to fight defensively.

attack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


Round 3

Morbury continues his attempt to aid the others in destroying the manacles.

Scimitar: w/PA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: w/PA 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Are constructs immune to crits?

Crit confirm, possibly.
Scimitar: w/PA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: w/PA 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

If crit is possible and comfirmed, then 2 points fire damage as well. Of course, they might be resistant to that as well.


male Half-elf Bard 2

"Agh! Better now, thank you," Hasmir notes as he exchanges his bow for a melee weapon. He tries to discern a pattern in the objects' attacks so he can help his allies defeat them.

Aid another to someone with a big and heavy weapon around - attack is 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 vs AC 10


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Akydi pauses, noting that his companions seem to have everything in hand. He will attack one of the manacles if it seems he is needed however.

Sovereign Court

no, constructs are not immune to crits

Sovereign Court

Darcy, you get your round three, then manacles.

misfortune on Morbury's crit confirmation 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Morbury barely misses a weak spot on one of the manacles and his sword skips harmlessly off. Hasmir successfully aids someone else in his attacks. Kayela is able to damage another pair and Arigoder finishes it off.

manacles vs Hasmir 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
manacles vs Morbury 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Dancing nimbly Darcy attempts to flank and attack the manacles again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Shortsword attack

2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 1 = 9 Shortsword / precision damage.


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder smiles slightly and says, "I think we've got the hang of this now.", and steps forward, raising his axe to strike down the chains attacking Morbury.

Battle Axe (PA): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 ... threat, rolling to confirm... 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 for either (single) 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 or (crit) 3d8 + 27 ⇒ (1, 5, 8) + 27 = 41


male Human Cleric 2

Dryden will aid another (defensively?).

attack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Round 4:

Kayela takes pause letting Arigoder take the first blow on their new opponent. Hoping to take the finishing blow herself....

If his axe drops the manacle.. (Otherwise just standard attack).

She rushes off to the next manacle morningstar raised wildly above her head closing in on finishing the fight and abandoning any pretense of defense or caution she once had and attempts to smash it into pieces hoping to end the fight quickly.

Mechanics:

Is it fair to assume flanking and pick up one of the other characters aid another to add to my attack? If there's 10ft and room to charge I'll also pick that up, but leave it out of my roll. If there's room to do it she will do it, though for better or worse.

-Delay turn till after Ari.
-Move Action: (Either charge or pick up flanking or both)
-Standard action: Attack Manacle [not defensively] w/ guidance.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Status:

AC: 17 (15)/T:11(9)/FF:16(14) HP:20/20 TempHP: 1/1 CMD: 16(14) [b]Location: Attacking a Manacle
Spells/Buffs Active: (Light, Virtue, Resistance; Dur: 2 rnds) (Divine Favor; Dur: 7 rnds)

*(If she charges)

Sovereign Court

It depends on Morbury's attack on whether the final set will survive.


Round 4

Seeing how his weapon seems to be doing nothing against these things, he drops his scimitar and retrieves his club.

Drop weapon(free), draw club(move), attack(standard)

Club: w/PA 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: w/PA 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

AC 19


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir continues to help his comrades fight off these animated horrors, but in the back of his mind he tries to remember hearing something about them... perhaps something that may show a weakness, or at least what their presence here means.

Aid another to attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 vs AC 10. Edit - seriously, a natural 20? Does it do anything special here x.x?
BTW, what knowledge would it be to identify the manacles?

Sovereign Court

Hasmir Talari wrote:

Hasmir continues to help his comrades fight off these animated horrors, but in the back of his mind he tries to remember hearing something about them... perhaps something that may show a weakness, or at least what their presence here means.

Aid another to attack: 1d20+2 vs AC 10. Edit - seriously, a natural 20? Does it do anything special here x.x?
BTW, what knowledge would it be to identify the manacles?

knowledge arcana

Sovereign Court

Arigoder chops down another pair and Kayela damages the last one. Hasmir's aid exposes a weak spot(my adlib house rule for rolling a 20 on aid another to hit) and Morbury is able to finish it off. As the last pair falls, silence once again reigns and a quick search of the room reveals nothing special.

You have the blank areas just West of you. which door first?

Sovereign Court

Here is a repost of the map so far.

harrow 2.6


male Half-elf Bard 2

Knowledge: Arcana - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, BK bonus included


male Human Cleric 2

"Hasmir, friend, how are you? Do you require healing?" Dryden looks at Hasmir's wounds with concern.

If yes, here is a CLW from my domain spell slot
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Morbury sheaths his club and retrieves his scimitar. As Dryden heals up Hasmir, "Are any of the rest of you wounded? If so, between Dryden, Kayela, and me, we can assist you. If not, then let us proceed." Barring anyone else requiring healing, Morbury heads toward the southernmost door.

I say the door on the bottom of the west wall. And work our way up from there.

Sovereign Court

You leave the room and head to the southernmost door on the west side.

This stark room contains a low stone bench against the north wall and a ruined desk to the west that sits under three narrow, barred windows. An old brass brazier lies on its side to the south, surrounded by several rusty branding irons.

Perception checks from everyone please


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder turns away from the group as he straps his shield to his arm, By the Vault, I do not like this place where even the chains themselves attack us. He takes a deep breath before turning to face the others and answering Morbury's question with a shake of his head, "I was lucky enough to keep my shield between it and me."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Earlier...
Kayela looks around the room for anything she may have missed (Take 20 on perception for searching.), Eying Hasmir, "If you ever get ah strange feeling like dat again don hesitate ta mention it." as she straps her shield to her arm.

She takes a casual glance at the broken manacles before picking up a few and stowing a few of them away in her backpack.

Currently...

Kayela frowns upon entering the room shield readied and turns to Ari "Ah bet ya 2 silver shields dose branding irons spring ta life an attack us just like dah wretched manacles." she says half joking half deadly serious.

Perception Check:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


"OK, now that's just not right",Darcy quips, as she hits at the manacles one more time for good measure. "Some things you should just be able to trust aren't going to rise up and attack you".

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Perception

At Kayela's statement, she makes sure to get ready to jump behind somebody big.


Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Morbury eyeing the items to the south, "I find myself reluctant to say this, due to how foolish it sounds, but, be wary of the brass brazier and the branding irons. If manacles have the ability to attack...," he let's that statement die off, knowing the others are probably thinking the same thing.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Hasmir massages his hands where the manacles were, trying to get the blood running again. He winces slightly. Eh, this may cause a bruise. This place is starting to get to me.

He smirks like he's on to the joke when the branding irons are mentioned, but will keep his distance from them regardless.


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Akydi lts out a chuckle that he hopes doenst betray his true nervousness "Grammy Akydi used to perform better parlor tricks than this to scare us kids. She could teach this prison a thing or two about proper fear"

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Perception


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

At Morbury's comment, and the thought of being attacked by hot irons, Arigoder shudders slightly and raises his shield into a ready position. He smiles at Akydi's move to defuse the tension, and adds, "I can agree with that -- at least the manacles weren't glaring at us with a mix of anger and disappointment." Not like the Old Lady in the Band when we didn't wash up... I've met inquisitors who were less stern and more cheery..

Sovereign Court

Everyone except for Hasmir and Dryden suddenly notice the stench of burning flesh.

Everyone who notices the stench may perform one round of actions. Let me know what those are


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

The young sorcerer's nose wrinkles at the foul smell "Anybody else smell that?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela winces "Smells like we're correct, be ready fa anything" as she readies her shield towards the branding irons and brazier.

Actions: Total Defense for +4 Dodge Bonus to AC. Current AC: (22/T:15/FF:17)

601 to 650 of 721 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Galahad's Carrion Crown (Team Brawn) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.