Galahad's Carrion Crown AP (Team Brawn) (Inactive)

Game Master Galahad0430

Carrion Crown AP (Team Brawn)


501 to 550 of 721 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Akydidya, you find several papers that identify this room as the Warden's office.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir spends a few moments to study the rosters for anything he finds interesting, such as cross-checking dates and names with what they already know. He remembers the mystery about the monument, and makes sure to check if Vesorianna's name is on there for some reason.

In the other room, he nods, and studies the place carefully. "Yes, somehow this place feels a lot less creepy. Perhaps there is a reason for this, or it's just that there's more light coming in. Either way - there may be something interesting here," he says as he starts eyeing the rafters and tables.

Hey, remember those haunt syphons we have? I wonder if they leave a similar effect if they "exorcise" a place.\

Also: perception to look this place over for something else interesting (i.e. letters, documents, exotic and powerful items ;) : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


"Now this is more like it", Darcy says making a bee-line for the safe. She first observes it closely, then if she finds nothing out of the ordinary, lowers her ear to the lock, and begins fiddling with the mechanism to open the door.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Perception

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Disable Device

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Disable Device (And again if a trap needed to be disabled).

Sovereign Court

I'm sorry Darcy, I forgot to add the loot list to the campaign info page. I will do that soon. In the meantime, you did get some masterwork thieve's tools from the crypt site. Add them to your disable device.

Darcy's first attempt proves fruitless in opening the safe. However, she takes her time (take 20) while others search the room and finally opens the safe which proved to be right at the limit of her skill (DC30). Within the safe are kept numerous (now out-of-date) legal documents, along with 500 gp (the prison’s payroll and petty cash fund) and a wooden rack on which sit emergency supplies (four potions of cure moderate wounds, three potions of lesser restoration, and two potions of remove disease).


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela looks around the room and seems to become more tense, "I dont trust dis feeling dah warden died painfully 'ere just as dah prisoners.....dah spirits 'ere may be attempting ta lure us into ah false sense of security."

After seeing Darcy struggle to unlock the safe Kayela will put her hand on her shoulder and pray in shoanti. Casting guidance over and over again.

@Galahad even without masterwork TT guidance should bump her skill up to a DC30, but it's nice that she can hit the DC on her own.

Kayela will take a 20 on her perception check to search the room for anything of import.


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Nothing of magical note? I have Detect Magic up.

Sovereign Court

Aside from the potions in the safe, there is no magic in the room.


"I concur Akydidyka. It feels as if this room is at a greater peace."

As he takes a look around, he notices Darcy moving over to the safe. As she manages to break into it, Morbury feels a sense of guilt about it. Reminding himself this is an unusual circumstance, he moves to see what she has uncovered. "It appears, Miss Darcy, that you have managed upon their treasury and supplies. We will let the local authorities know of what we found. Let us collect it and continue our exploration." As soon as everything is collected and there is nothing else of interest to be found, Morbury will exit the room with the others and head toward the northern door, opening it with like caution.

Sovereign Court

The feeling is now quite noticable when you leave again. Perhaps, as this office is the most obvious focus of the warden, the spirits of the prisoners are fearful of it.


As they leave, Morbury stops and turns and looks back at the room. "Hm. Interesting." He says before returning back to the task at hand.

Sovereign Court

harrow 2.5

This looks like a ready room for guards. The smaller room beyond the second door is a privy.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

The only question is if they're fearful because he's good man and the warden or because he's mercilessly cruel and sadistic. I can't imagine his spirit would've been too happy about being burned to death nor pleased at what the prisoners likely did to him during the hours he was trapped in the dungeon before the fire.

Kayela turns to Morbury, "I dare tah think of such things as our payment of cleansing this monument of horror of it's toxic evils. If dis community has nothing tah give us for our work dhen I intend to take wat I find here as it can be put tah use in aiding me in mah future struggles against the wicked and unholy." Kayela intends to keep any loot she comes across, but rationalizes it by remembering that she'll use it to do good in the world.

Kayela nods in acknowledgment of the contrast between the warden's office and outside it, "Yes it is...interesting...dah spirits seem tah fear dis warden even after death, bot I'm not entirely sure why, nor certain dat is a good sign."

Upon discovering the privy. She exclaims "Ah just wat I was looking for!" she turns to the rest of the party and gives them a very stern look "Wait here I'll just be a moment" She will then go use the bathroom in the creepy haunted prison. because that's in no way a bad idea.

After completing her business she'll return to the party intent on returning to the entrance.


"Forgive me, Miss Kayela, but this prison is a part of this town. I would have no objection if this edifice was a stand-alone building. But since it is not, the local authorities have a right to know of what has been found here, and they can decide what to do with it. It is possible they may reward us with such. If that is the case, then so be it. If not, then not."


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela smiles at Morbury's noble talk "Ah am sure some of our very gear was borrowed without permission from dah ah hidden cache belonging tah dah church o' Pharasma perhaps fadhar Grimburrow should 'ave been told of our acquisitions, no?"

Her demeanor becomes slightly forceful "If dah people of Ravengro wished tah pick from dah bones oh dis carcass deh should've done so demselves. I will not stop ya from turning yah own share in, nor deny dat I have it if they come tah question it bot seeing as it was little miss darcy's nimble fingers dat made it possible tah recover dis bounty and mah own life put at risk by walking these halls I'll be takin mah share for my own." she sighs as if exhausted by the topic "....bot for now we have more pressing matters to attend tah we let dah little one with dah sly fingers hold on tah the coin fah now and each take a potion incase we need it while we explore dis place...we'll discuss such matters later provided we're still among the living."

When they get back to the enterance she elects to go north rather than east wanting to avoid the crumbled unstable area of the prison and work in a clockwise manner through the prison. She'll be fine with opening the doors to see where they might lead, but will prefer to avoid the less stable area of the prison that's already partially collapsed and elect to go north opening the two double doors on the right in the northern hallway to see where they lead before heading through the door on the first door on the left in the northern hallway.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir doesn't seem much disturbed by the discussion between the woman and the tall dark stranger, but seems to find her view more appropriate. If bad comes to worse, I'd rather we used the potions rather than left our own bones here. By the way, we may need to check if they are still good, it's been a while.

Heeding his own advice (will wonders ever cease?) he takes up a potion and holds it to the light, rotating it slowly.

Do potions go bad, and a Spellcraft check to see if the potions correspond to their labels: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Morbury turns to Hasmir, "If it is necessary, I have no qualms about using the potions in this endeavor. We will use what we must to remain alive. But the coin is not critical to our health. I feel it is to be returned to the proper authorities." He looks to Kayela, not the least bit concerned with her "forceful" behavior. "Yes. The possessions that were acquired from the church will be returned. Those that aren't used in our task, will be."

@Waltz: Do we know exactly how these items were acquired? Or are you just going by whay YOU know of this AP? Because I don't think we are going to show up and the first thing we ask is: "Hey, how did you acquire all of these items?" It wouldn't make sense for them to tell us, seeing how it is of no importance.


male Half-elf Bard 2

We'll check in town about some of the details about who owns what remains of the prison, but I think it's much more likely that we'll need what we find first. Anyway, that's a discussion for later, he says, with a tone that considers the matter unimportant, and takes up another potion for inspection.


"Finders Keepers", Darcy says pocketing the loot. "I'll split the treasure with everyone, and what they want to do with it is their own business". "Mine is going to stay in my pouch till I decide what I want".


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Akydi chuckles at the bickering between Kayela and Morbury "The two of you fight like this old married couple back in my village. Rumor has it they fought just like you two are doing now before they even started to like each. Perhaps that's where this is heading? He says with a sly grin, then darts out of the way of any objects that might be thrown his way. "I agree we should use the potions for ourselves. The coin can be dealt with once we make it out of hear alive. Which we will, since I have no plans of dying in here."


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Arigoder looks at his companions and says, "I agree with Morbury -- It may be that someone has fair claim on these goods, and if they do, we should ensure they get them -- it is only right.... Having said that, however, I also agree with Hasmir -- I place more far value on life than I do goods -- and that includes our lives. If we die before we are able to return these goods, then nobody gains... and so I will use these rather than allow us to die."

He rubs his throat a moment and contiues, his voice a shade more gravelly, "Of course, we will need to ensure that any claims made on these goods are valid, and not the work of those who would gain profit by deceit. Futher, if we cannot find valid claimants, then I would say they fall to us by right of discovery.... But, I think Akydi has the right of it -- this is a discussion we can continue later when we are not assaulted by the evil presences that so disturbed the Professor."


Arigoder Senari wrote:

Arigoder looks at his companions and says, "I agree with Morbury -- It may be that someone has fair claim on these goods, and if they do, we should ensure they get them -- it is only right.... Having said that, however, I also agree with Hasmir -- I place more far value on life than I do goods -- and that includes our lives. If we die before we are able to return these goods, then nobody gains... and so I will use these rather than allow us to die."

He rubs his throat a moment and contiues, his voice a shade more gravelly, "Of course, we will need to ensure that any claims made on these goods are valid, and not the work of those who would gain profit by deceit. Futher, if we cannot find valid claimants, then I would say they fall to us by right of discovery.... But, I think Akydi has the right of it -- this is a discussion we can continue later when we are not assaulted by the evil presences that so disturbed the Professor."

"Fair enough," he responds simply, nodding in agreement.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Kayela's ridged demeanor utterly shattered shattered for a moment upon Akydids jokes as she lets slip a dismissive giggle at the notion. "Ah he's pretty enough fo ah idle romp, but I dare not say I'll be taking deep ah liking! Especially if he parts me wit mah gold! Besides a pretty eyed Varisian, a bastion of dah lord of the vault, a limber elvish performer, or dah stoic hand of Pharasma to is more dahn enough lure my wandering eye."

She turns to Darcy as they walk, "I'm sure yah will hold on to dah gold for us, bot for some reason ah suspect each of our shares will be absent a few coin once it's time in your care is over young one. " she comments with a wink as they walk.

She pats Arigoder on the back "Lead the way oh bringer of civilization. In mah eyes ya earned dat privilege last night an my feet shall follow yours tah hell itself if necessary."


male Human Cleric 2

" I am sure that those in power would prefer we use these items as necessary to destroy the growing evil here and survive than have us die and fail in the task. Arguing over the matter just helps the Whispering Way succeed in their endeavor." Dryden tells his companions sternly.

Sovereign Court

You all aware that Harrowstone was "owned" by the Ustalavan government. The town grew up to support it. Anything here is long unclaimed and anything that has survived previous looters is "up for grabs". However, any doubts could best be answered by Father Grimburrow or the sherrif. Hasmir, potions do not expire.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir smirks at Hayela's jab. "I aim to please, Madam," he says with a smile. "Now, let's go and put that talk for later, shall we?"

He puts the potions away and makes sure their case is properly insulated from any shocks. "The labels seem right enough. They may be quite useful if there's more than a few tapping boards and stray noises."

Sovereign Court

I will assume you continue exploring the west side

You make your way back to the corridor (already missing the feeling of peace and normality of the warden's office) and open the first door to the left. You find yourselves in a large hallway that wraps around two rooms and provides access to others on the outer side of the hallway.

harrow 2.6


male Half-elf Bard 2

Start from the inside rooms, the check the outside ones? Hasmir suggests, and examines the doors or the walls for any indication what the rooms were used for.

Perception:Take 10 for 19 total


"Good idea, Hasmir. Let us see what awaits us in this room." Morbury moves to the door, opening it.

Checking out the room that looks just like a rectangle.


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Can we simply boil down perception checks for mundane search stuff down to everyone takes a 20 unless time is a factor (i.e. spell duration/combat)?

Since Morbury's Detect evil can pass through doors will he be doing so before opening most doors or would that be OOC for him? Knowing there's multiple strong auras of evil behind a door would be helpful for Kayela at least as she'll toss up a protection from evil, likewise for Akydidi and mage armor.

Kayela nods at Hasmirs suggestion and readies herself as she follows Morbury into the room.

I'm partial to checking the two inner rooms first, Rectangle then triangle. Then simply checking the outer rooms in a clockwise fashion south to north, then simply continuing to the eastern wing and come full circle if it's possible map wise.

Sovereign Court

The rectangular inside room

The door to this room has fallen from its hinges. The rectangular chamber beyond seems to have once been a chapel, but now thick sheets of what appear to be cobwebs drape everything within in gossamer threads.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Dryden, you instantly recognize it as a small chapel to Pharasma.


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Does the offensive pressure relax inside the chapel like it did in the Warden's office?

Sovereign Court

Arigoder Senari wrote:
Does the offensive pressure relax inside the chapel like it did in the Warden's office?

No, you feel no difference here.

Btw, everyone make perception checks


Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

With all the cobwebs about, Morbury looks about and above for any sign of arachnids.


1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 perception


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

The tattooed sorcerer keeps an eye out for danger, and also sweeps the room for any magical auras 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Perception, also casting Detect Magic


male Human Cleric 2

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"A chapel for Pharasma it appears..."


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Kayela looks around half-hazardly upon entering the room her skin flinches at the sight of the cobwebbs. Between her idle shoanti chanting she says to Dryden "Does it not fill your heart wit sorrow tah see such ah holy place o worship forgotten an in such ill desecrated wit dese filthy webs?"


male Human Cleric 2

"A thorough cleaning would suffice, I think. However, it would be worth some time to make sure the place has not been vandalized and to check for any abandoned property of the church. Hmmm... I wonder if the place needs to be reconsecrated? If not, then this spot is probably safe from any of the restless spirits that are plagueing this prison."


male Half-elf Bard 2

"You probably know best," says Hasmir, as he looks around. "Yet I'm sure the Lady of Graves would not mind if it did get a bit more respect."

He thinks for a moment, then shrugs. "Well, I know it would make me feel a lot better. Didn't bring a broom though, so here's the next best thing". Having said that, he intones a quickening tune and feels a familiar shivering around his fingers.

I think that if it's not hallowed, a shrine has no "intrinsic" powers by crunch, although it might have some by DM fiat - the deity being slightly more likely to react to something happening there.

Knowledge: religion check to know more about how this place could be restored and if we can use it to rest. : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15. One last thing - Hasmir will use prestidigitation to clean this place up, iirc it should be done in a few minutes. I don't think Pharasma has anything against that - does she, as far as she know?

Sovereign Court

No, that would be fine except for the interruption :)

As you look into the room, you are interruptted by the chittering sound of large spiders moving towards you (surprise that).


male Half-elf Bard 2

"Oh, damn it!" Hasmir curses as he hastily dismisses the spell and reaches for his bow. "I really didn't need that."

Initiative roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


"Of course," he deadpans as he prepares for the oversized bugs.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Female Human (Shoanti) Dual-Cursed Oracle (Battle) 2

Initiative:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Pick highest (War-Sight): 21

Adding to Dryden's astute assessment of the place as combat begins "Dis place seems safe enough tah me..... Except fah ya know dah horrible monstrous bugs" (Unless she's forced to speak celestial in which case it's just gibberish)

"...at least dere not ghost....bugs" Kayela thinks to herself for a brief moment.

Knowledge Religion (Identify creature)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 (In case they are ghost bugs)

Sovereign Court

Knowledge nature will work :)


Morbury acknowledges Kayela. "At least they are not spirit creatures." ;) He says as he awaits the creatures to descend upon him.


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Initiative.

"Ewe"! "Have I mentioned that I hate spiders". Darcy draws her bow, and nocks an arrow.


Male Varisian Tattooed Sorcerer(Arcane) 6/Oracle 6(Lore)

Akydi jumps back, surprised by the spiders sudden apperance, then chuckles whe he sees what they are. "Oh, just some spiders, nothing to worry about." 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Init

Upon hearing Darcy cry out he says reassuringly "Relax Darcy, their just spiders. Promise they won't harm ya."


Male Aasimar (Musetouchef) Bloodrager (Urban) 1/Paladin (Virtuoso Bravo) 10 [Champion: 4]

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Arigoder turns toward the sound of the noise and grimaces.


male Half-elf Bard 2

Hasmir finds the time for a wry smile. "Arigoder, you may promise, but the spiders do not care. Simple creatures, they are."

501 to 550 of 721 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Galahad's Carrion Crown (Team Brawn) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.