GM Wolfspirit's Rose Street Revenge (Inactive)

Game Master Wolfspirit


51 to 100 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

M playtest monk 1

Quick stats:

HP 20/20
AC 14, touch 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5
Spell points: 2/3
Effects: courageously inspired (+1/+1)

Anivash grunts as the stone hits him. Smiling, he tries to leap over the Barbers, to get behind them, but can't seem to find the lift. Landing instead in front of them, he throws a quick series of fists. As he strikes, he lets out a yell that almost seems to ripple in the air.

1st action: Attempt to Tumble Throughto Stride to other side of foes (I assume that failed, so placed my token where I'd be instead and trigger (such as Attacks of Opportunity) as if you had moved out of
the square you started in, though I think in this case that's probably not anything as I wasn't next to them.

2nd (?) action: Cast a Spell action (ki strike)
3rd (?) action: Flurry of blows (I'm not 100 percent sure which is 2nd and 3rd; the trigger for casting the spell is starting an unarmed attack.)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Unarmed (agile, finesse): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Unarmed 2nd strike: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

Nalshene steps past her allies and casts a color spray spell, trying to quickly stun them out so that one can be held for questioning as needed and the rest dispatched.
Will save DC 15 on all of them to be affected as follows:

color spray:

COLOR SPRAY SPELL 1
Casting Somatic Casting, Verbal Casting
Area 15-foot cone
Duration 1 or more rounds (see below)
Swirling colors affect viewers based on their Will saves.
Success Dazzled for 1 round.
Critical Success The target is unaffected.
Failure Blinded for 1 round, dazzled for 4 rounds.
Critical Failure Stunned for 1 round, blinded for 4 rounds.


M Goblin Alchemist 1

I have forgotten all the rules between when I created the character and now due to the down server issue. I think my Initiative is +1 as my perception seems to be recorded as +1.

Ord takes it quite personally that his group has been attacked by the ruffians. He pulls and throws a bomb at green, hoping to splash the rest. Note I cannot tell which have acted. He would target one who has not acted yet if possible.

Fire Bomb: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 vs TOC for Fire: 1d81 ⇒ 25 1 P and 1 Splash as well


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

Not feeling well after that last attack down to 2 hp BJ moves in to strike with both hands on his sword. Map not showing up.

3H Baster Sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for Slashing: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


M Dwarf Cleric (Torag) 1

Grimkell is surprised by the sudden attack of the group of Barber's and winces as the stones bounce of BJ's face, leaving a bloody mess. Knowing the fighter will likely just ignore the pain, he reaches out to him with a divine touch, trying to heal some of his hurts as he moves to the front line.

"By the bountiful beard of Father Torag, I heal thee, and ask thy vengeance on these enemies of Good!"

After casting, the cleric raises his steel shield in defense, in case more stones start flying.

Use Somatic Casting action to cast Heal on BJ, which includes touching him. This is from the Channel Energy pool. If he has moved out of range, will use Stride Action to stay within touch range. In either event, will also use Raise Shield action.

Heal: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Ick...


Absalom Initiation

Grimkell manages to heal some of Robert's wounds, though not significantly.

Nalshene's spell flares between the Sorscerer and into the bandits, dazzling and blinding!

Red Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Blue Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Green Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Yellow Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Anivash attempts to tumble, but stumbles, only allowing him to make a single succesful attack.
The closest bandits have slings drawn. No AOOs

Ord's fire takes one of the dazzled bandits, who flails in the fire remains up.
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Not the case for Robert's opponent, who falls to the ground lifeless in one hit! The one hit by the goblin's fire desperately attempts to put out the fire, but succumbs before he can quench it! This leaves only the blinded bandits to stumble and attack.

Blue @Anivash: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Yellow @ Robert: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Both swing blindly, missing widely!

Robert: 7 HP
Green: Dead, Red: Dead, Yellow / Blue Dazzled
Next up: Everyone!


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Jean continues to encourage his allies, then slips over to the yellow thug and lashes out at him with an ax.
1) Inspire courage
2) Move
3) Hatchet: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


M playtest monk 1

Quick stats:

HP 20/20
AC 14, touch 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5
Spell points: 2/3
Effects: courageously inspired (+1/+1)

Anivash throws more punches at the foe, though this time he aims to merely knock him out, not kill him.

Action 1: Flurry of blows
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Strike (I don't think there's any way to critically fail on a melee attack, so no reason not to do this; unless I'm misremembering the rules?)
Doing nonlethal damage.

Unarmed (agile, finesse): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Unarmed 2nd strike: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Unarmed 3rd strike: 1d20 + 3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 8 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Unarmed 4th strike: 1d20 + 3 - 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 12 + 1 = -3
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
If one of these knocks him unconscious, I stop hitting him.


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

Knowing that her friends can pretty much mop up from here, Nalshene just grabs a rock with her mind and hurls it at (blue).
Casting Telekinetic Projectile cantrip.
rock, targeting AC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
bludgeoning: 1d10 ⇒ 10


M Goblin Alchemist 1

Seeing that the fight is under control, Ord moves up and melees with his dog slicer. He is not very effective.

Dog Slicer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d6 ⇒ 2


Absalom Initiation

Between rocks, hatchets, and punches, you bring down the remaining barbers! Anivash manages to pummel one of them into unconsciousness to avoid adding to the body count. Snips, from the door, looks positively white as a sheet.

Combat Over!

Note to self / GMs for the future. They've changed the "Scaling the adventure" boxes in format... that are identical to the "this is where you find the rules" text. Technically, there should have been two more of the thugs, which would have made combat a little more dicey at the start, but at this point would largely be a speed bump to throw in.

When you inevitably move to questioning the Barber, it turns out that the Barbers themselves have been afraid for their lives and scrambling to figure out who is behind the murders. Remna, a former scullery slave with a mean streak was among one of the slaves freed during the Fiendflesh siege a little over a year ago. She joined the Bloody Barbers and shaved part of her head after being freed, then disappeared mysteriously about a week ago. The Barbers have questioned several witnesses to track down the killer and get revenge, but the only helpful information they found was that the probable killer wore metal armor and seemed to have difficulty controlling the right side of their body... which might be useful knowledge when you finally track down the killer.

Diplomacy DC 14:
When pressed, he adds that there were rumors that the killing of one of the Barbers was revenge for the hired muder of "that half-elf cleric" but he doesn't have much more information as the the half-elf's identity... it wasn't something he was involved in.

Finally, he admits that he thought -you- might have been part of the crew when you barged out, weapons drawn. "See, all just a misunderstanding... if you let me go, I'll convince the rest of the Barbers that it was all just a misunderstanding. Much less messy for everyone."

I'll give you guys a bit of time to decide how to handle the Barber, then give the introduction to the next part tonight. Feel free to add additional comments or roleplay, though to skip the "interrogation" back and forth, beyond the Spoiler, there isn't much more to uncover.


M Dwarf Cleric (Torag) 1

Grimkell tries to convince the newly captured Barber to give up any more information, but he comes off as preachy and pedantic, and the rest of the group can't help by stare at the absolute ass he is making of himself.

Diplomacy DC 14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sigh. Dwarven diplomacy, what an oxymoron...


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Jean knows that dangerous "misunderstandings" are just one exciting part of the bustling city of Absalom. He reassures the Barber that there are no hard feelings on his part.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Revenge for a hired killing, hey? Might be useful to keep our eyes peeled for information about a half-elf cleric that met an untimely end.


Absalom Initiation

Unless someone objects, we'll assume that you let the Barber go and return to Ambrus

Ambrus Valsin greets you somberly when you return and describe what you have found. "I am relieved to hear that resolving this situation won’t involve going toe to toe with such a formidable opponent, but I remain troubled that the killer is still at large." He reaches into a satchel and retrieves two items: a healing potion as a reward and a letter with your next assignment before dismissing you to discuss your assignment among yourselves.

With the ongoing rash of disappearances in the streets of Absalom, it seems prudent to strengthen ties with our allies. I’m sending you into the sewers to meet with one of the Society’s most dependable, albeit more unconventional, allies in Absalom: the Sewer Dragons Kobold tribe.

You’ll be meeting with their speaker, Dragonspeaker Engashez, and offering whatever assistance you can. When people disappear on the surface, bodies usually end up in the sewers, and having the eyes of the Sewer Dragons helping us could prove invaluable.


M Goblin Alchemist 1

Ord nods, accepting the mission, Great, Kobolds. There will be traps. he thinks to himself.


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

Lost in the common that was quickly exchanged, BJ just smiles a nods.


M playtest monk 1

Anivash's smile fades a bit at the new assignment, along with concern and frustration that they didn't really succeed at their previous one.

Into the sewers? Is this the time Pharasma will keep me to her bosom? That is where she found me before, in that cave, but she chose not to take me home then...

Still, out loud, he only asks, "Is there a way to let them know we are Pathfinders, so there are no misunderstandings with the kobolds?"

Anyone want to claim/hold on to the healing potion? Also, is this all the same day?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Absalom Initiation
Anivash wrote:
Is this all the same day?[/ooc]

For story purposes, the way I was running it, it starts the same day. However for game turns, you regain all HP / resources between Quests.


M Goblin Alchemist 1

Well, that is a good thing to know for an alchemist. :)


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

"Ah, the sewers. Don't we have any allies that frequent fine alehouses?"

Jean heaves a dramatic, but good-natured, sigh.


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

"Ah' I've heard of the Sewer Dragons in the past. They are nothing to be laughed at, but are good allies when they wish to be allies, from what I understand."


Absalom Initiation

After a brief breather, you travels to the cramped operating base for the the Sewer Dragons to meet with your contact.

Dragonspeaker Engashez gesticulates wildly while pacing within the tight confines of a foul-smelling side chamber in the sewers. The energetic and elaborately attired kobold strides around a deep circular pit in the center of this chamber, waving her hands to accent her ongoing speech.
“Bandits! Intruders! Not-true dragons! These new kobolds, these so-called ‘Dragon Sharks,’ are a blight upon the Sewer Dragons’ dominion of Absalom’s most grand sewer ways. They cannot be allowed to continue their intrusion into our territory and must be stopped. You will help us, yes? The Pathfinders have always proven to be firm allies in the past, and it’s time our allies made their presence known in these sewers.”

Engashez looks down into the out-of-place pit, a hint of disappointment in her eyes. “Especially after one of our other allies decided to wander off!” She then looks up and nods her head vigorously. “Yes, you can go with Fazgyn. Trap the Dragon Sharks between two sides and crush them for the glory of the Sewer Dragons and Chief Yiddlepode!”

You can also make a Society (Recall Knowledge) or Underworld Lore (Recall Knowledge and read any that apply

DC 10+:
Kobolds are small reptilian humanoids that often inhabit deep forests or underground areas with little sun, largely because kobolds’ eyes are sensitive to bright light.

DC 14+:
Kobolds love to engineer traps. As most other humanoid creatures are far more physically powerful than a kobold, most kobold tribes line their camps with countless traps to even the odds against intruders.

DC 18+:
Kobolds tend to follow the most powerful member of their tribe or scouting party. Defeating the leader often causes the remaining kobolds to panic and lose combat cohesiveness. Spellcasters often take leadership roles among kobolds by citing a lineage going back to a true dragon.


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

Society: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Being a bartender in his old life, Robert knows a lot of the society where he comes from. Not so much of the bigger world.

“Kobolds, these is little green men. They don't like the sun much, too much sun for them is bad for their eyes. They be in deep woods or under the ground.“


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
"I've dealt with kobolds before... in fact, Engashez and I met a few years back! She means well.... for the most part. Kobolds also really love to build traps, so don't go traipsing around without paying good attention to your surroundings!"


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Underworld Lore: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

"Ah, kobolds. Frightfully dangerous when surrounded by those traps you mention, Nalshene, but take out their leader and they head for the hills. We should also watch out for "draconic" magic. Not unusual for one of their leaders to claim to be 1/64th dragon or some such nonsense."


M Goblin Alchemist 1

Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Knowing something of the diminutive dragon folk Ord nots in agreement.


M Dwarf Cleric (Torag) 1

Grimkell's lip curls in distaste as the others talk about these alledged "sewer dragons". "Why does the city allow these vermin to live below the streets? Kobolds are a blight and allowing them to live in Absalom will only result in someone getting hurt. Mark my words! We may need their help today but we should really be pushing them back into the wild where they belong."


M playtest monk 1

"What friend wandered off?" Anivash asks.

He glances askance at Grimkell, edging away from him, as he calls the kobolds vermin while in their midst.

Perhaps he truly wishes to meet Pharasma now?


Absalom Initiation
Anivash wrote:

"What friend wandered off?" Anivash asks.

“A loud oaf who was supposed to be guarding this section of sewer! I wonder where he and the other man want off to? It doesn’t really matter though; we have you to help us now!”

When you are finished asking questions, the kobold trapper Fazgyn greets you, eager to lead you and his squad of kobolds against the Dragon Sharks. However, he seems to think that you are unprepared for the trap lined corridors of the underworld, and proceeds to give a tutorial on trapfinding as you progress.

While ideally this information would be relayed organically... that could take a week. So let's move ahead past the tutorial ;)

“To find traps, you have to be trap-smart, and you get trapsmart by dealing with traps or being really good at spotting traps. If you’re not good at looking, you might miss the trap that kills you!”
Some hazards can be spotted only by creatures with a minimum proficiency rank in Perception.

“It’s easy to get distracted by enemies and arrows and forget to watch for tripwires. Want to stay alive? Take a moment to look around.”
In combat situations (encounter mode), a PC needs to actively look for hazards with the Seek action.

“When I’m walking like this, I’m always looking. It takes effort unless you get really good at it. Some dragonbloods can sense magic and magic traps, but that also takes effort. You want to focus on sneaking? Hiding behind shields? Life’s full of choices, and my choice is to look for traps and stay alive.”
In less strenuous situations (exploration mode), a PC needs to use the searching tactic or detecting magic tactic to uncover hazards.

“Once you find a trap, you can jam it, trip it, reconfigure it—you name it. Or you can hit it until it’s gone, but that probably sets it off.”
Disabling a typical hazard requires the Disable Device use of the Thievery skill, or the liberal application of brute force.

"Or just use magic to kill magic traps. I don’t know the details, but it takes strong magic to do.”
Magical hazards can typically be dispelled.

“Maybe it’s not a trap but it’s brambles or falling rocks or sky thunder or snakes. Use your outside smarts to avoid those.”
Environmental hazards are typically overcome with Nature or Survival checks.

“Sometimes there are ghosts instead of traps—bad news. The more you know about spooky things, the more you can trick those ghosts into going away.”
Haunt hazards are typically overcome with Occultism or Religion checks.

Furthermore, he suggests that you be on the lookout for traps yourself!

DC 16 Perception:
You notice a pit trap in the junction ahead!


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"Why, thank you for all the information, Fazgyn! You're truly a testament to dragon-kind."


M playtest monk 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 1 = 14

Anivash agrees with Nalshene for the most part.

"Of course, if we are lucky enough that Pharasma really has chosen to call us home, it won't matter how carefully we look," he says cheerfully.

He does try to get any more information he can about the loud oaf and the other man, though.

Diplomacy, if needed?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Good info dump, GM. I know I struggle sometimes with wanting to be more organic, but not the way to do things in PBP. Anivash is trained in Religion and Survival so should be able to help if we encounter any of those traps.


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Just your typical stroll through a sewer.


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

BJ just walks on, into several walls and almost off the edge of the sewer's walkway a few times. Not really paying attention to anywhere he is walking. “Where be that smell come from?“ he asks as he finally smells the sewers stench.


M Dwarf Cleric (Torag) 1

Noticing the stonework in the sewer tunnels, Grimkell spies a place where their is an unusual seam. Looking closer, he sees a pit at the junction of the walkways.

"Eyes front, Pathfinders! There is a pit ahead there at the junction. Be wary!"

Grim points out the hazard to all, making sure no one gets close before they spy the trap.

Perception DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

"Well seen, Grim. I missed it myself. Your eyes will come in handy in this endeavor, I think."


Absalom Initiation

Your kobold guide claps his tiny hands in a gesture of respect. "Well done!"

Then Fazgyn uses the discovery as a teaching moment. The kobold reviews how you can overcome the trap and encourages you to attempt disarm the trap (a Thievery check) by jamming the concealed trapdoor or batter the door down with brute force.

This might also be a good time for the group to set up a Standard Operating Procedure for dealing with traps.


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Jean is trained in Theivery with a +2 bonus. If anyone is better, he will defer. Otherwise, he's game to try disarming.


Absalom Initiation

My that was a lot of bad rolls:

Anivash Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Grimkel Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Jean Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Nalshene Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ord perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Robert Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Thievery by Jean: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

As you proceed, cautiously, until Anivash calls out that they spotted what appears to be a slicing blade trap. This clearly was some of the party's first real times exploring a trap infested lair as several realize that you need to actually 'look at the floor'. (I mean. Geeze. Those rolls.) For lack of a better option, Jean moves forward to attempt to disable it and there is a <snick> as the trigger is deftly jammed.

You proceed deeper into the sewers and fetid unspeakable things float in the trough down the center of the tunnel. You feel like you're approaching the lair of your foes and you are presented with an option: To approach stealthily and potentially ambush your foes (Sneaking Tactic mode) or to continue thoroughly searching for traps (Searching Mode)


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

Nalshene will stay in Searching Mode.


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

I'll continue in Searching Mode as well.


M playtest monk 1

Anivash starts moving stealthily, hanging back a little from the rest of the group.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

Robert will just trust that the other people can see where we are going.


Absalom Initiation

Sneaky Rolls:

Anivash Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Grimkel Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Jean Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Nalshene Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Ord perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Robert Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

As you venture in, mostly searching, it is clear that you have further lessons to go as Robert runs face into another slicing trap! It bites deep into the unfortunate Fighter!

Initiative Rolls:

Anivash Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Grimkel Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Jean Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Nalshene Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Ord perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Robert Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Kobolds: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Kobold: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

From deeper in the tunnels, your presence is clearly noted as several beings start clamoring in Draconic!

Next up: Nalshene, Grimkel!

Combat Chart:

<= ! -- means you're up!
Goodies: Robert -5 HP
Baddies: n/a

Active Global Conditions: None.

Round 1


  • Nalshene <= !
  • Grimkel <= !
  • --Enemy: Kobold
  • Ord
  • Robert
  • --Enemy: Red, White, Blue
  • Anivash
  • Jean


M playtest monk 1

Shouldn't it be my Stealth check for initiative? (not that it really matters in this case...)


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

Nalshene casts mage armor on herself and prepares for a fight.


M Dwarf Cleric (Torag) 1

Grimkell will delay.


Absalom Initiation

Not that it's relevant at all, but is there a way to identify a spell that's being cast in Pathfinder 2?

From around the corner, you hear a sudden, strangled cry of a woman's voice. "Help! Anyone!? These things have me trapped!"

Next up: Ord, Robert, Grimkel!

Combat Chart:

<= ! -- means you're up!
Goodies: Robert -5 HP, Mage Armor
Baddies: n/a

Active Global Conditions: None.

Round 1


  • Nalshene : Mage Armor
  • --Enemy: Kobold
  • Grimkel <= !
  • Ord <= !
  • Robert <= !
  • --Enemy: Red, White, Blue
  • Anivash
  • Jean


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

They added in rules about identifying spells as they are being cast in one of the updates:

Identifying Spells: “Sometimes you need to identify a spell, especially if its effects are not obvious right away. If you notice a spell being cast or see the manifestations from its casting and you have prepared that spell or have it in your repertoire, you automatically know what the spell is, including the level to which it is heightened. Otherwise, you must spend an action on your turn to attempt to identify the spell using Recall Knowledge, or can use the Recognize Spell feat (see page 170) to attempt to identify the spell using a reaction.”

Recognize Spell (1):
Reaction.
Trigger: A creature casts a spell within line of sight of you that you don’t have prepared or in your spell repertoire, or a trap or similar inanimate object triggers and casts such a spell. You must be aware the creature is casting the spell or the trap is triggering.
Description: If the spell is a common spell of level 2 or lower and you are trained in the appropriate skill for the spell’s tradition, you automatically identify it. The spell level you automatically identify increases to 4 if you’re an expert, 6 if you’re a master, or 10 if you’re legendary. Otherwise, the GM rolls a secret Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion check, whichever corresponds to the tradition of the spell being cast. If you’re untrained in the skill, you can’t get a better result than failure. The DC of the check is 10 plus triple the level of the spell. The DC for an uncommon spell is usually 2 higher than for a common spell, and the DC for a rare spell is usually 5 higher.


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

Feeling the sting from the trap, Robert hears the woman cries for help.

“We Move!“ he hisses before racing into combat.


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

"We have to help her!" Nalshene follows the others (but definitely doesn't take the lead) to go help.

51 to 100 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Wolfspirit's Rose Street Revenge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.