GM Wolfspirit's Rose Street Revenge (Inactive)

Game Master Wolfspirit


151 to 200 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Absalom Initiation

The ooze seems to recoil from the flurry of blows the monk does, but remains intact. In response it unleashes a wave of filth and slime,
hitting everyone!
Acid Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Everyone takes 2 acid damage and are hampered 10 feet for 1 minute unless they succeed at a DC 17 Reflex save (no damage or hampered on a success, and a character additionally falls prone on a critical failure). An affected creature can clean off the muck as an Interact action, reducing the hampered condition by 5 with each action.

To add injury to insult, it slams into Anivash twice, though the pseudopod only connects with one of the hits.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Next up: Everyone!


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Jean hisses through his teeth as the acid damages him. (-2)

He continues to perform (inspire courage: +1 attack, damage, and saves vs fear!).

He steps forward and attacks the ooze.

Hatchet (agile, sweep): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 for slashing: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9.


M Goblin Alchemist 1

Never got a response to my question about how healing potions work. Will a minor elixirs of life or a minor healing potion fix persistent damage?

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 [ooc]17 is a pretty high DC.

Ord shuffles back, pulls, and drinks a potion.

minor healing potion: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

Nalshene pulls out an alchemist's fire and throws it at the ooze.
ranged touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
IMPORTANT: This will cause 1 point of Fire damage to my three allies who are adjacent, so I'll need your express permission to do this action! Please confirm that this is okay!

If any of my allies say no:

alternate action:

Nalshene casts telekinetic projectile and tosses a rock at the creature instead.
rock throw: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 bludeoning damage: 1d10 ⇒ 10


M playtest monk 1

That's fine (sorry, about to rush out, but will make my save above ASAP.


M playtest monk 1

Quick stats:

HP 9/20
AC 14, touch 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5
Spell points: 3/3
Effects: 1 persistent damage (DC 15)

Anivash, starting to look the worse for the wear as his wounds begin to accumulate, kicks again at the ooze, but the slime hampering him seems to throw off his aim badly.

Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Unarmed (agile, finesse): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Unarmed 2nd strike: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Unarmed 3rd strike: 1d20 + 3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 8 + 1 = -1
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Unarmed 4th strike: 1d20 + 3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 8 + 1 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Flat check vs. persistent damage: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Included 1 hp of fire damage from the grenade. And, yeah, DC 17 is high!


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
That is also okay for me... What does Hampered to?

Robert swings his sword at this ooze.

3H Baster Sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for Slashing: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 and that was a miss.


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Yeah, fine to singe me!


M playtest monk 1

Hampered reduces your speed by the indicated amount. Don't forget you get three actions; you can attack more than once, Robert, or do something else.


Absalom Initiation

Rolling an extra attack for Robert
Robert Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

You rain down blows on the ooze... kind of like the way debris is raining down on the floor! You do note that several blows which you almost could have sworn would have missed hit instead! AC 5...

Grimkel attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

What it lacks in mobility the ooze makes up in resiliency as it takes an inhuman amount of damage, though you've seemed to have taken out an extreme amount of it's body mass.

Acid Floor Target: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Targeting Ord
Ord Relex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Luckily the goblin scrambles out of the way! Unfortunately it is the ooze's turn, who slams into Robert repeatedly!

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Next up: everyone!


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Jean continues to Inspire Courage, then strikes out at the ooze.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 for Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Attack 2, agile: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 for Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Critical Hit!: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


M playtest monk 1

Again kicking at it as quickly as he can, Anivash continues his assault on the ooze, pounding away at it repeatedly.

Unarmed (agile, finesse): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Unarmed 2nd strike: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Unarmed 3rd strike: 1d20 + 3 - 8 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 8 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Unarmed 4th strike: 1d20 + 3 - 8 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 8 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Crit?: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

Robert is feeling the pain from the oozes attacks. He swings once withnis sword, hoping to get in some good damage.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

He swing hit, but then falls to the ground, gravely wounded.

currentlu at 0hp.


M playtest monk 1

Forgot to check on persistent damage
Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 18 No more bleeding!

Quick stats:

HP 9/20
AC 14, touch 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5
Spell points: 3/3
Effects:


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

Nalshene tosses a rock telekinetically at the ooze this time.
rock: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9


M Goblin Alchemist 1

[still no answer about how healing potions work. Will a minor elixirs of life or a minor healing potion fix persistent damage? This is third time I have asked. [/ooc]

Ord throws fire at the ooze before moving farther away.

Fire Bomb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 vs TOC for Fire: 1d8 ⇒ 1


M playtest monk 1

We've all got access to the same rules. I know I asked a persistent damage question earlier, but let's try to make things easy for our GM, who's kind enough to run this for us. :)

From what I can tell, the answer is no.

The rules say: Persistent damage can have the bleed type, meaning it affects only living creatures that need blood to survive. Bleeding automatically ends if you’re healed to your maximum Hit Points. Which I interpret to mean that typical persistent damage does NOT automatically end if you're healed to full AND that being healed less than to full does not end persistent damage. (Note also that we don't know if this is bleed damage or not, I don't think.)

The rules continue: You or an ally can spend actions to help you recover from persistent damage, such as casting healing spells or using Medicine to Administer First Aid against bleeding, dousing a flame, or washing off acid; successfully doing so reduces the DC of that condition’s flat check to 15 and usually lets you immediately attempt an extra flat check to end that persistent damage. This again looks to me that healing spells do NOT automatically stop persistent damage but rather reduces the flat check DC and presumably gives you two shots at the flat check.


M Dwarf Cleric (Torag) 1

Grimkell moves to the side of the fallen fighter and calls on the healing power of his patron deity to restore the man to health, at least a little.

Move Away from Ooze. Somatic Casting of heal on Robert. Then Medicine check on self vs persistent dmg.

Heal: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Medicine check on self DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Absalom Initiation

Sorry, Ord, I thought I'd responded to the question on healing potions before. The Persistent damage is a bleed affect, so the healing potion would work as Anivash suggests. My interpretation at least. On the other hand, I'll assume that out of combat you're able to get stabilized.

The ooze goes down in a splash glory! With the immediate threat gone, you can retreat to get out of the acid shower until the ceiling settles a bit.

Returning back to the main floor, you find areas where it doesn't look like the ooze has completely destroyed. The floor bears several bloodstains and a dribbled trail of blood leads up the staircase. You also find a small trunk.

Trunk Contents:
The trunk contains two sets of simple clothing, 50 feet of hemp rope, a waterskin, 10 days of rations, a set of cookware, a minor elixir of life, a vial of nectar of purification, and 12 sp. There is also a letter from Wennel, imploring Justerian to find a safer
place to live

Climbing the stairs, it is evident that there was a tremendous fight:

You find a club with strands of human hair on it.

DC 14 Medicine or Religion check:
While studying the hair recognizes that the hair comes from an
undead creature—it is stuck directly to a bloodless piece of exposed bone.

You find a Holy Symbol discarded on the floor.
DC 14 Religion check to Recall Knowledge:
You recognize that the symbol represents Milani, goddess of devotion, hope, and uprisings.

There are also small clouds of insects that hover in the air.
DC 10 Nature check:
You identify the corpse flies, knowing that they are drawn to meat and rotting corpses, and also that the other insects are death’s-head moths.
[spoiler=DC 12 Religion]You knows that the moths are sacred to Urgathoa, goddess of gluttony, disease, and undeath. The moths are indigenous on the Isle of Kortos, but their presence here seems like more than a coincidence

Finally, ascending the stairs you find what several of you expected given the gristly scene. Justerian’s body lies on the floor of the attic among abandoned furnishings, surrounded in a puddle of congealed blood.

DC 12 Medicine:
You determine the wounds that cover his body and caused his death came from claws.

Phew, that was a wall of exposition


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Hmm...what's going on here.

Medicine: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (20) - 3 = 17
Bardic Lore (Religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Nature: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3
Medicine: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14

Looks like a critical failure in my bardic lore about religions!

"Looks like our unlucky friend was struck down by some clawed undead creatures."


M playtest monk 1

Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Anivash nods, agreeing with Jean's observation.

I could use some healing (at 9 of 20 hp); I could take the elixir, but don't know others' status.

"Pharasma has claimed him," Anivash says, his voice far more cheerful than might be expected at the sight of the murder.

"But we don't know who sent him to her. Why would an undead creature be interested in a former slave?"


Absalom Initiation

Jean:
You think that clearly this must be a worshiper of Asmodeus... though likely someone else will steer you correctly. ;)

Everyone heals to full before the next section, so save the resources.


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

"Ah, the blood rose..I'm afraid we're dealing with a cult of Asmodean necromancers!

Poor fool, he must have signed away his soul to them in some infernal bargain. I've seen it a hundred times."

Jean shakes his head, sadly.


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

Robert looks at Grim Many thanks. We beat them.

listening to Jean, Necromancers are no good. always late on tab payment.


Absalom Initiation

When you return to Dahlia, she is devastated to learn of her friend’s death but grateful to you for investigating. She asks you if they found any clues about the killer.

If you share with her the clues you found:
Dahlia says that to her knowledge, Justerian never owned such a symbol, though he occasionally spoke of a priest of Milani who had recommended that he take a job at the Frog’s Tongue.

When you return, Ambrus Valsin listens intently to your report about your findings, and then he thanks you for your investigation. This information leaves him even more concerns about the fate of Nelfurhin Zor and he asks you to continue searching for more answers.

One more section to go!


M playtest monk 1

I'm going to roll for our missing PCs for those spoilers, as I imagine they might be useful to know:

Ord Medicine: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Ord Religion: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Ord Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Ord Religion: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Ord Medicine: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Ord points out the moths as corpse flies, which are drawn to meat and rotting corpses, and also that the other insects are death’s-head moths. The moths, he says, are sacred to Urgathoa, goddess of gluttony, disease, and undeath. They're indigenous on the Isle of Kortos, but their presence here seems like more than a coincidence.

He also says the wounds that cover the body and caused his death came from claws.

Grimkell Religion? (Grim doesn't seem to have a full sheet, but I'm going to assume he's trained in Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

The dwarf points out that the symbol is in fact Milani's, not Asmodeus'.

"That's about as different as you can be, lad," he says.

-- NOW --

Anivash agrees that they will continue to try to find those sending people to Pharasma's loving embrace.

"Do you have any other ideas where we should head next? Are there any hints of Urgathoan cults in the city?"


Absalom Initiation

No one has head of outbreaks of Urgathoan cults; although technically legal to worship it is certainly frowned upon.

Unless someone has anything else they want to do here, I'll move things on. If anyone does, I'll retcon.

When you return to Dahlia, she is devastated to learn of her friend’s death but grateful to you for investigating. She asks you if you found any clues about the killer.

If you share with her the clues you found:
Dahlia says that to her knowledge, Justerian never owned such a symbol, though he occasionally spoke of a priest of Milani who had recommended that he take a job at the Frog’s Tongue.

When you return, Ambrus Valsin listens intently to your report about your findings, and then he thanks you for your investigation. This information leaves him even more concerns about the fate of Nelfurhin Zor and he asks you to continue searching for more answers.

---

The following day, you receive letters from Ambrus Valsin instructing your group to find the Sanguine Thorn and search it for clues. You should be able to quickly travel to the Precipice Quarter and arrive at the address provided by Ambrus.

Letter:
Pathfinders,
Your information has led me to conclude that the Rose Street victims were all former slaves, somehow connected to the church of Milani. I’ve determined that when the victims were freed, each was hidden in the same safe house, a tavern called the Sanguine Thorn. But that seems unlikely, as multiple accounts report that the earthquake destroyed it decades ago. Go to the tavern’s address in the Precipice Quarter. If it’s somehow standing, search for information that can help us stop this murderer or find our missing Pathfinder, Nelfurhin Zor, before it’s too late

On the way, members of Absalom’s Post Guard warn the party that the entrance gates to the Precipice Quarter remain closed between dusk and dawn, no matter who asks to be let past. Then you proceed to the adress provided.

Through a shroud of heavy fog, the twisted silhouettes of ruined structures loom over the broken cobblestone path. What was once the corner of an intersection is now an imposing chasm. The mouth of the crater is large enough to have swallowed a colossal beast, but mist, detritus, and darkness obscure the bottom. Numerous shards of stone and debris jut out from the inner walls as if the cavernous hole is baring its teeth all the way down.

DC 15 Perception check to Seek:
You can search the rubble topside to find a warped and worn oaken sign with the name of the Sanguine Thorn painted above an ornate carving of a crimson rose, blood dripping from its thorns.

DC 10 Religion check to Recall Knowledge:
You know that the carving bears a resemblance to the holy symbol of Milani, goddess of devotion, hope, and uprisings.

If you decide to climb down, the rocks and debris protruding from the inner walls provide several footholds and handholds.
Please state if you are using an unassisted Climb check or using a rope.

Unassisted Climb:
Make a climb check. Any PC who critically fails a DC 14 Athletics check to Climb falls 20 feet and takes 10 bludgeoning damage. A falling PC can use the Acrobatics skill to try to Grab an Edge (DC 14) as a reaction to reduce this damage by half.

Rope and Piton:
You affix a rope with a piton and hammer: using a rope to descend this slope decreases the DCs of the checks to Climb and the Grab an Edge (if necessary) to 10 each.


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

"I'm not much of a climber, my friends. Perhaps some help?"

Would someone be willing to assist Nalshene? Maybe she can just grab onto someone's back and ride piggy-back style? LOL


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

I'm afraid that I didn't pick up any of my usual starting equipment on this guy. Anyone have some rope?

Perception (Seek): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Bardic Lore (Religion0: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Jean, distracted by the fear of an imminent tumble, quietly contemplates his own mortality.


M playtest monk 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 1 = 10
Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"I have a climbing kit," Anivash says, pulling it out, but I don't think there's enough for everyone. It says each climber needs their own kit, which I understand in terms of resources, but I would think if I set it up, we could each descend individually. Your call, obviously, GM.

Once the others are ready, he shudders and then begins to descend into the cave-like area. maybe someone will make those checks? If someone makes the Perception, we can apply my Religion check above

This will not collapse on us. We are in a city, and the darkness will not claim us here.

Still, his climb is fraught with tension and he nearly falls twice before descending. Failed twice, but neither was critical, so I assume I just didn't progress downward.

Athletics: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Athletics: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Athletics: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19

Climbing kit:

This satchel includes 50 feet of hemp rope, some pulleys, a dozen pitons, a hammer, a grappling hook, and one set of crampons. Climbing kits allow you to attach yourself to the wall you’re climbing, moving half as quickly as usual (minimum 5 feet) but letting you attempt a DC 5 flat check whenever you critically fail to prevent a fall. You gain a +1 item bonus to Athletics checks to Climb while utilizing an expert climbing kit. A single kit has only enough materials for one climber; each climber needs their own kit.


M Dwarf Cleric (Torag) 1

Grim points out the symbol carved in the sign of the Sanguine Thorn. It depicts a bleeding rose. "This is the symbol of the goddess Milani. She is the patron of uprisings, hope, and devotion."

Grimkell's climbing skills are not up to par, and while he doesn't fall, he doesn't exactly make great progress either. He quickly turns to climbing rope to make the descent, tying knots in it a intervals to make hand and foot holds.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Absalom Initiation

To move things along, I'll say that people can use Anivash's Climber's kit. Also, if you fail but don't critically fail, you don't take damage and need to re-roll.


Absalom Initiation

To move things along, I'll say that people can use Anivash's Climber's kit. Also, if you fail but don't critically fail, you don't take damage and need to re-roll.


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

Crazy busy work week. Sorry%

Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


M Goblin Alchemist 1

Ord tries to scamper down the rope. After a few false starts he finally pulls it off.

Athletics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Athletics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Athletics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Absalom Initiation

Grimkell: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Grimkell: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Jean: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Nalshene: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

It isn't the most graceful display, but slowly and with the help of Anivash's climbing kit you slowly descend into the pit.

Through the fog that settles in the pit, you see broken bedrock, hunks of wattle, and splintered lumber—all lightly dusted with sea salt—sink into the mud. The lurching profile of a bowed and broken structure stands here, its walls little more than rows of warped timbers, covered in withered vines, that converge at strange angles. The door on this side of the wall is missing from its frame.

Everyone needs to choose an Exploration Tactic, as well as how you want to approach the building. Also, light sources are likely appropriate


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

Jean will cast light and will be searching for signs of trouble as we go.


M playtest monk 1

Anivash moves cautiously, looking around for any signs of collapse or other trouble ... but mostly collapse.


M Dwarf Cleric (Torag) 1

Grimkell will look for any signs of foot traffic down here. If the missing Pathfinder was taken this way, those who have me must have left a sign.


Absalom Initiation

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Scouting the exterior of the building, you note several things. The obvious entrance is the visible door (Brown arrow), but a cursory look reveals that it is stuck. You can force it open but your keen eyes detect that could likely bring the overhang down on anyone standing there would be showered by some debris.

You also notice that there appears to be another entrance on the west side of the building hidden by vines and muck.(Green arrows(

Survival (Trained) DC 14:
You note that in front of the door hidden by vines The three squares vertically adjacentis a patch of "Sucking Mud" a variation of Quicksand that is known for causing suffocation of those that can't escape.

How do you proceed?


Female Gnome Animal Whisperer Fey Sorcerer 1 | hp 15/15 | AC 11 12, TAC 11 12 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Spell points 2/2 | Perception +2

"Looks like we're not going that way... through the entrance over here, to the West?" Not trained in Survival.


M playtest monk 1

Anivash nods and moves toward the other entrance; he continues to look up and over his shoulder, concerned the whole area may trap them all.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Someone able to aid another?


M Dwarf Cleric (Torag) 1

Can someone untrained provide aid to a trained PC?


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

"Yes, let's try the side entrance."


Male Human Fighter 1 | hp 16/16 | AC 17, TAC 14 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3 | Perception +3 Human
Attacks:
[dice=Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d8+4[/dice] [dice=3H Baster Sword]1d20+6[/dice] for [dice=Slashing]1d12+4[/dice]

Robert tries to sneak a peak through a window,
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Upon looking through the window, he notices that the curtain is drawn. He slowly returns to the group.


M Goblin Alchemist 1

Also not trained in Survival.

Ord nods, agreeing to go either way. He readies an alchemical.


Absalom Initiation

I don't think you can aid another with a trained only skill if you aren't trained in it. On the other hand, there looks like there's some confusion in the scenario; it says to roll perception for people to notice something, then it has a survival check... hmm.

As you get closer to the side entrance, a few of the keen eyed members of the group note that the area in front of the side entrance isn't solid ground; deep mud covers several feet to each side.

Rule of two, do you still want to try the side door?


M Goblin Alchemist 1

That looks like dangerous ground there. I vote for a frontal assault.


M playtest monk 1

Anivash nods, looking back over his shoulder once again.

"Maybe we can use a rope to pull the door open, so no one is under it if it falls?" he suggests. "Of course, my only rope is our way out of here, so if anyone else has some?"

If not, he will volunteer to open the door, as he feels confident in his ability to get out of the way of the fall.


Male CN Human (Absalom) Bard 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 15 TAC 13 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed 25 ft | Spell Points: 5/5 | Resonance: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: inspire courage, shield.

"Are there boards around, or other debris? We could place it over the mud and use the side door."

I'd rather not have this place come down around my ears.

151 to 200 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Wolfspirit's Rose Street Revenge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.