GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brandor]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+8[/dice] But blind beyond 30'
[dice=Uhe]1d20+11[/dice]

Initiatives:

Initiatives
[dice=Brandor]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Uhe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Maffei]1d20+6[/dice]

DRAGON'S DEMAND MAPS

MAP OF BELHAIM
The Tale of Tula and Aeteperax and the History of Belhaim


3,301 to 3,338 of 3,338 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

A flurry of spells and prayers heals and buffs the party. Unseen, Maffei snatches both her weapons.

STATUS
Heroes: Arcane Strike, Bless (+1 to hit)
Reveka
Goladryth - 59 damage
Uhe - 16/35 hp, prone, weapons dropped
Maffei - 2/42 hp, prone, invisible (vanish spell)
Edo - 30/44 hp, Protection from Evil, Enlarged, prone, weapon dropped
Liam -
Brandor -

Anyone, give me orders for Edo. Then, Reveka, take your Turn 7 actions.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 18, Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 6/6 | Hero Pts: 1/2 |

Round 6 - Botting Edo

Using a hero pt to stand from prone without incurring an AoO, Edo drew his greatsword (leaving the Flame of Sarkoris on the ground for now) and attacked the grioth with renewed ferocity.

Attack, Bless, Power Attack/Furious Focus: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Dmg with Arcane Strike, if hits: 2d6 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 + 2 + (3) + 1 = 16

The strike went wide, missing the foe, Edo cursing, much to his annoyance.

====

Round 7- Reveka

Taking a 5ft step side-ways/back, Reveka began casting (CLW) and touched Edo's side, infusing the fighter with magical healing.

CLW on Edo: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

(Edo's HP are now 42/44 HP.)


Oh boy... Well, some campaigns end in glory. Others don't.

Goladryth falchion v. Edo: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 272d4 + 13 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 = 17
Goladryth falchion v. Uhe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 152d4 + 13 ⇒ (3, 2) + 13 = 18
Goladryth Bite v. Reveka: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 plus poison

Batting aside Edo's attack, Goladryth lashes out with a snarling roar, slicing a bloody cut across the warrior's left thigh. The giant grioth rolls out slicing at Uhe and biting at Reveka, but they manage to dodge his attacks.

STATUS
Heroes: Arcane Strike, Bless (+1 to hit)
Reveka
Goladryth - 59 damage
Uhe - 16/35 hp, prone, weapons dropped
Maffei - 2/42 hp, prone, invisible (vanish spell)
Edo - 25/44 hp, Protection from Evil, Enlarged, weapon dropped
Liam -
Brandor -

Uhe, go!


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 18, Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 6/6 | Hero Pts: 1/2 |

GM, Edo's HP are 42/44 after Reveka's CLW healing. He's dropped the Flame of Sarkoris sword, however he has his great sword in hand, which he drew this round.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Miss me by that much!

Uhe watches the strike of the Goladryth whistle over his beard! The dwarf recalls that his previous barber visit did indeed call for a closer shave!
The dwarven scholar continues to explain how magic weapons are most definitely better than nonmagical weapons.
Free Action War Chant Arcane Strike for everyone!

The dwarf then reaches unobtrusively for his war hammer and stands up with tight eyes.....


Reveka Casovei wrote:
GM, Edo's HP are 42/44 after Reveka's CLW healing. He's dropped the Flame of Sarkoris sword, however he has his great sword in hand, which he drew this round.

They -were- 42. But then Goladryth hit him for 17, dropping him to 25.

Uhe... Ya sure about that? Maybe you want to let someone else draw the AoO? Please confirm your move.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe will await the most opportune moment.
Don't see nobody drawing it....but I will wait...


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam moves over to Uhe, doing his best to stay out of reach and goes through the same motions as before, casting vanish on Uhe.

"Uhe - There ya go... you're invisible for about 20 seconds unless you attack. Do what you feel is best."


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

The newly invisible dwarf smiles warmly at Liam.
Thanks. I felt the presence of The Presence urging me to just wait...

The dwarf then reaches unobtrusively for his war hammer and stands up with tight eyes.....


If Goladryth is aware of Uhe seizing his war hammer, he doesn't attack.

Quiet as a whisper, Maffei rises and slips behind Goladryth.

STATUS
Heroes: Arcane Strike, Bless (+1 to hit)
Reveka
Goladryth - 59 damage
Uhe - 16/35 hp, invisible (vanish spell)
Maffei - 2/42 hp, invisible (vanish spell)
Edo - 25/44 hp, Protection from Evil, Enlarged, weapon dropped
Liam -
Brandor -

Edo, Liam, Brandor, go!


GM takes up needlepoint.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 18, Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 6/6 | Hero Pts: 1/2 |

If the guys don't post by tomorrow, I'll start botting to keep the combat moving. I hope they'll be okay with that.


The GM's head hits the desk. Snores ensue.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 18, Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 6/6 | Hero Pts: 1/2 |

Botting Brandor

Positioning himself accordingly so as to not effect the grioth with his positive healing energy (and where he last saw/noted his two now invisible companions), Brandor once again lifted his holy symbol and began channeling healing energy toward his wounded companions.

Channel Energy - 30’ radius

Heals: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Uhe is 21/35 HP, Maffei 7/42 HP and Edo 30/44 HP


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 18, Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 6/6 | Hero Pts: 1/2 |

Botting Liam

The savvy halfling sorcerer took a 5 ft step back out of the way of the enemy and quickly began casting (Scorching Ray spell). From his palm, he shot a searing beam/ray of fire at the grioth.

Ranged Touch Attack Grioth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (35 ft range, add +1 for Bless if the touch ray attack gets the bonus for a total of 14.)
Fire Dmg, with Arcane Strike, if hits: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 6) + 1 = 15

====

Botting Edo

With great sword in hand, Edo furiously attacked the grioth who kept injuring him.

Attack, Bless, Power Attack/Furious Focus on Grioth: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21 (Add +2 if flanking with invisible Maffei vs large foe is allowable for a total of 23)
Dmg, if hits, with arcane strike bonus: 2d6 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 + 2 + (3) + 1 = 17


As the battle begins to turn badly against Our Heroes, Liam and Edo suddenly find the strength for one last attempt. The plucky halfling blasts the mighty grioth with flame, scorching its hide and causing it to flinch. This happens exactly in time to let Edo step past the monster's guard and deliver a death blow from his trusty blade The Flame of Sarkoris. Edo drives his flaming blade deep into the monster's heart and its roaring simply...stops.

It collapses to the floor, dead!

Wow! That was clutch! Both Liam and Edo hit exactly the AC they needed!

STATUS
Heroes: Arcane Strike, Bless (+1 to hit)
Reveka
Uhe - 21/35 hp, invisible (vanish spell)
Maffei - 7/42 hp, invisible (vanish spell)
Edo - 30/44 hp, Protection from Evil, Enlarged, weapon dropped
Liam -
Brandor -

COMBAT OVER


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 18, Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 6/6 | Hero Pts: 1/2 |

Relieved to see the grioth finally fall dead under the continued fighting, Reveka breathed a huge sigh of relief. Certain companions had sustained numerous wounds and she had been scared that one would surely die before the battle would come to a close. She was glad that wasn't the case and whispered a quiet prayer of thanks.

Looking over her shoulder at the cleric, she called out, "Brandor, please pull out your wand of healing and help the wounded."

To her invisible friends, Uhe and Maffei, she asked, "If you could reappear, it would make it easier to heal you, please."

Botting Brandor
To save his remaining healing spells in case of further battle, the cleric nodded and drew out his wand of cure moderate wounds. When the ones who had vanished reappeared, he assessed their injury and healed each person with the wand.

CMW on Uhe: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 6) + 1 = 14 (Back to full health)

CMW on Maffei: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 7) + 1 = 9
CMW on Maffei: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 1) + 1 = 9
CMW on Maffei: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 = 8
CMW on Maffei: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 8) + 1 = 10 (Back to full health)

CMW on Edo: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) + 1 = 13 (This brings Edo to 43/44 HP.)

(Brandor used 6 charges. He has 33 charges remaining on his Wand of CMW.)

Back to Reveka

Reveka seeing Edo had one small wound which had not knitted over, said to Brandor, "I'll use my own wand to finish the healing, as he only needs a little more."

CLW on Edo: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 (Edo is back to full HP now.)

(Reveka used 1 charge of her Wand of CLW. She has 28 charges remaining on her Wand of CLW.)


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe prepares for the worst! The dwarf readies to deliver a crushing blow to the Grioth! Centuries of dwarven blood runs fiery through his veins, boiling and burning with determination! The call of his dwarven ancestors resound loudly, proudly in his ears to bolster his resolve! Peering at the Grioth, his blue eyes steel and strength, Uhe raises high his hammer....

....and the dwarf watches the Grioth fall from the scorching ray and the great sword connect at the same time!
Nice!

Uhe becomes visible to smile at his friends.
I knew you had it!

The bard then stays still to gratefully receive the healing from Brandor.
Thank you.

The dwarf then smiles over at Reveka.
Busy, busy, busy!


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

The grioth vanquished, Liam nudges the bloodied lump of outsider flesh with his foot while looking it over critically.

If while looking it over he sees anything that piques interest, he will make an effort to search the grioth, if not, he looses interest and wonders aloud...

"What do you all say? Is this belfry worth searching? Maybe find something useful?"


"Thank you," Maffei says to Reveka. "Well done. Well done all of you."

Liam, Goladryth is wearing an ordinary breastplate, but he/it does have that fancy falchion. a [i]+1 cruel medium voidglass falchion.

STATUS
Reveka
Uhe -
Maffei -
Edo -
Liam -
Brandor -

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Chest heaving with exhaustion, Edo allows himself to lean against the wall for a moment of respite. "That...was close." His gaze strafes Brandor and Reveka. "Let us never part ways so that I may live to be a thousand," he says in a way uncharacteristically absent of curses or slang. He pauses. "Ah read that inna book once. 'Means thanks for saving meh skin!""

He wipes his blades clean on the bottom of his boot and re-fits them where they belong: great sword on his back and the Flame of Sarkoris in his hands. Edo begins a slow search of the belfry, looking for anything that will aid their quest.

Search/Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


There is a spiral staircase going down from here back to the Assembly Hall and up to some unknown location. The long storeroom to the north contains old supplies used for bookbinding and writing.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe looks both up and down the spiral staircase.
Looks like we are going up. Ready?

The dwarf will search as they proceed.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Edo glances around the room one last time, then inserts himself at the front of the ascent. He slowly makes his way up the stairs, searching for trouble as he goes with the recent fight still weighing on his mind.

Search: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam scrunches his face into a sneer at the voidglass weapon, whispering slowly, If I had the means to utterly destroy you I would not hesitate.

Spinning away from the creature, he joins his fellows heading upwards.


You ascend the narrow spiral staircase, aware of how excellent a defensive point it would be if an enemy awaited you there, but none does. The staircase leads up into a joint lecture hall and library. There are no visible exits.

Tall bookcases fill this impressive chamber. The elaborate fresco on the ceiling depicts devotees of Irori in meditation. Wisps of incense wind through the scene like a fanciful ribbon of smoke. The library had clearly been ransacked and its most valuable volumes removed, likely at Aeteperax's direction.

Reveka:
You receive a strong internal urge to look. Ironic, given your visual limitation. You're not sure where this urge is coming from, but it is undeniable.

Tokens moved on map.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 18, Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 6/6 | Hero Pts: 1/2 |

GM: How tall is the ceiling in this chamber? Higher than 30 ft?

Speaking to her companions in lowered voice, Reveka informed them,

"I'm feeling a strong urge to look. Not certain where it's coming from."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 (Is the feeling/sense of urging feel good or bad?)

Reveka cast Detect Magic in the space, trying to determine if there were any magical auras/magic in play.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe seems to be tearing up at the tearing up of all those precious volumes of knowledge!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Reveka Casovei wrote:
GM: How tall is the ceiling in this chamber? Higher than 30 ft?

About 11-12' tall.

Reveka Casovei wrote:
[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+9 (Is the feeling/sense of urging feel good or bad?)

It's just an urge. Maybe something to do with being an oracle.

There is nothing magical here.


Uhe Stonethorn wrote:
Uhe seems to be tearing up at the tearing up of all those precious volumes of knowledge!

I see what you did there.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Wandering about the room, Liam makes it a point to step over any heaps and piles of vandalized knowledge.

"So much waste." HE looks back at Uhe sadly, "Would have been nice to have gotten this all moved to a place where it could be appreciated, but this is also not what we are here for."


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 18, Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 6/6 | Hero Pts: 1/2 |

"There's no magic, here. Perhaps it's just because I'm an oracle..." Reveka said quietly to her companions.

She decided to give into her urge because it felt important, somehow.

Reveka looked about keenly.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 (30 ft lowlight & dark vision)


Limited by her dim vision, Reveka must peer short-sightedly at everything in this huge library. But when she reaches the southwest corner she discovers a decoration askew on one of the bookshelves. She turns it and the bookshelf slides back to reveal a hidden passageway!


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe strides saddle to Reveka's side, as the oracle discovers the secret passage.
Well done, my dear! Perhaps, one of our esteemed colleges would like to proceed ahead of us more delicate explorers?

The dwarven bard winks.

He does give the opening a look-see.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


It's a very old and apparently disused dusty corridor filled with cobwebs...and dust.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Casting dancing lights, Liam enters the passageway, discerning whatever the lights reveal.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Edo inserts himself in front of Liam before he gets too far. "Easy there, brave one. I'm more full of stuffing than yeh." He slowly moves down the secret passageway, on the lookout for danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 18, Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 6/6 | Hero Pts: 1/2 |

Glad to have sighted the hidden passage, and passing along the knowledge to the others, Reveka took her place in line and waited until Edo was ready to lead them into the passage to see what they would discover. She cast her (limited) sight about the tunnel.

Perception inside the secret passageway: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

3,301 to 3,338 of 3,338 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.