GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brandor]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+8[/dice] But blind beyond 30'
[dice=Uhe]1d20+11[/dice]

Initiatives:

Initiatives
[dice=Brandor]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Uhe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Maffei]1d20+6[/dice]

DRAGON'S DEMAND MAPS

MAP OF BELHAIM
The Tale of Tula and Aeteperax and the History of Belhaim


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,231 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Reveka was relieved to see Uhe appear and be visible to the eye once more. She moved to stand behind him as he and Edo stood before the door. As Uhe cast a keen eye on the slightly ajar door, she stopped and carefully listened for any sounds coming from within the building.

Perception to hear: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


It's as quiet as a tomb.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

"It's very quiet inside there," Reveka said in lowered voice to her companions. "Edo, do you wish to go in first? We'll follow."


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe nods in agreement with Reveka to Edo.
Quiet as a tomb? Sounds quite spot on.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Botting Edo. He already rolled Perception to check the door for threats but he rolled a natural 1 and the GM didn't give him any narrative, so...

Seeing nothing threatening, Edo fully opened the door before him and entered through, determined to clear the building. With weapon ready in hand, he cast his eyes about the place since Reveka had heard nothing within just moments earlier.

Edo's Perception inside the building: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


The door swings noisily open on its rusted hinges. This grand hall is nearly one hundred and fifty feet long, with a vaulted ceiling twenty-five feet overhead. Niches in the walls frame marble statues of monks in poses of meditation, and thick pillars run down the center of this impressive chamber.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe sends his Unseen Servant into the huge chamber to fetch a blanket, curtain, or something similar.


It returns, bearing nothing. There must be nothing of the sort in the hall.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

"If there isn't an issue. let's go in. If we wait longer than we have to out here, I'm sure those kobold gatekeepers will come out," Reveka said to Uhe and Edo.

Sorry it's been so long that I can't remember: Is there a purpose for entering this hall apart from examining it/ensuring it's clear? If so, we should go in, yes? (The latter question is for the party.)


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe frowns at his Unseen Servant (who sticks its tongue out at the dwarf).
Agreed, my dear.

Uhe enters the chamber hall. The dwarf's eyes darting everywhere as they proceed.

Not certain, but, Edo wanted to go here?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

In a deep, low voice Edo responds, "I dinnae want to enter the place from the courtyard. It was the kinda deathtrap I would have used to set up an attack." He quietly plods down the chamber toward the other end keeping an eye out for hidden threats or items of note.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Reveka moved inside, too, following closely behind Uhe and keeping watch of Edo who was further ahead in case things suddenly went wrong. Her eyes also gazed upon the marble monk statues.

Perception for threat or something unusual inside the hall: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Grioth Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

You notice...just in time... that silent shapes are swooping down upon you from the rafters. They're the same four-eyed bat-creatures that attacked the auction in town!

Brandor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Edo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Liam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Reveka: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Uhe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Maffei: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Grioths: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22

The bat-creatures fly low overhead, each shrieking in turn. In the sound of their cries you hear the deaths of stars, the agony of emptiness.

[b]Status
RED
ORANGE
GREEN
BLUE
Liam
Brandor
Uhe
Reveka
Maffei - 1 damage
Edo - 41/44

Liam, Uhe, Reveka and Edo, give me DC12 Will saves or be Confused! Then, everyone can take their turn.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Will Save (DC 12): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Reveka, hearing the shrieking rather than being able to see the creatures due to her limited sight and pushing back with the strength of her will the other darker cries and agonies, the young oracle began calling upon the Spirits of her Ancestors (standard action) to protect her against impending/incoming attack. An invisible spirit shield formed around her body. (She can use Spirit Shield in one hour increments - maximum 4 hrs a day. Her AC gets a bonus of +4 and she is now at AC 22.)

Her fine cold iron light mace was still in hand, yet if the creatures were flying (for they appeared to be, gauging from their screeches overhead), she'd probably require her light crossbow.

Reveka moved forward 20 feet, still unable to see the nature of the threat. She used the thick pillar before her as some cover until she could learn more. Calling out to Uhe, she asked "What are they? I still cannot see them!"


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe glances upwards at the familiar sounding screeching from above!
They're the same four-eyed bat-creatures that attacked the auction in town!

Will DC1 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
Really!

Hero Point! Will DC1 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.

The dwarven scholar momentarily feels the fear and power of the screeching, but his dwarven stubbornness kicks in!

Uhe then begin granting his allies his knowledge of how to combat these creatures.
War Chant (Su): Arcane Strike for everyone!

The dwarf then takes out his composite shortbow, as he also takes cover behind a pillar.
They should be coming within range of your sight soon, my dear!


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

With the wand being so useful previously, Liam shrugs and attempts to web the clustered targets, then moves to a covered spot between Reveka and Brandor.

The row of columns are within the range as the anchor points. Reflex DC13 save for the Grioths. If any fail, they gain the grappled condition and likely fall.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe stands in appreciation of Liam's progressive actions.
Should slow them long enough for us to get through this hall. Make for the father door.

Being Concealed from each other and all now. Well played!


Anyone, give me actions for Edo and Brandor.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Edo grits his teeth through the wretched noises the bat creatures make. He sheathes his great sword and draws out his bow for the first time since the auction. "I hate these guys!"

Brandor also switches out his mace for his crossbow.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Botting Brandor

Brandor's Will Save DC 12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

He redirects his spiritual hammer (move action) to attack the green-lined grioth. (This is the second round out of 4 for the spiritual hammer Brandor had readied outside in the previous round. It has 140 ft range.)

Spiritual Hammer Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 3 = 15 (+3 bab+3 wis mod)
Force dmg, if hits: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Brandor drew his light crossbow from his back. Move action.


Reveka raises her defenses. Uhe begins chanting a war son of his people! Liam summons magical webs into being and they trap one of the weird flying creatures (it doesn't fall - it is trapped like a fly in a spider's web, unable to move.)

Edo switches weapons while Brandor smashes one of the monsters with the mighty hammer of faith!

Unable to come to grips with the flyers, Maffei whispers a few words and hurls a shadowy bolt at one.

RED Reflex v. Web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Success.
ORANGE Reflex v. Web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Failure.
GREEN Reflex v. Web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Success.
BLUE Reflex v. Web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Success.

BLUE Will save v. Shadow Magic Missile(DC 17): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Failure.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Status
All PC's - Arcane Strike (+1 damage and weapons treated as magic)
RED
ORANGE - Grappled
GREEN - 9 damage
BLUE - 2 damage
Liam
Brandor
Uhe
Reveka
Maffei - Blur (constant) - 1 damage
Edo - 41/44


ORANGE Combat Maneuver Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Success.

The Orange creature tears itself bodily from Liam's webs and flies free. The others fly to attack Maffei, Brandor and Reveka! One slices Maffei across the cheek and she learns the strange knives have psychic properties that make her reel momentarily.

Maffei rolls right and strikes the head off her attacker with a vicious backhanded blow of her scimitar! Her war cry sounds like a whisper.

Voidglass Kukri v. Maffei: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 plus 1d4 ⇒ 2 nonlethal (mindshock). Crit Threat.
Blur Miss Chance (20%): 1d100 ⇒ 94 Success.
Crit Confirmation?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Failure.

Voidglass Kukri v. Reveka: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 plus 1d4 ⇒ 1 nonlethal (mindshock). Miss.

Voidglass Kukri v. Brandor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 plus 1d4 ⇒ 1 nonlethal (mindshock). Miss.

Maffei Scimitar v. Blue and Arcane Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8 plus 1d6 ⇒ 4 cold. Crit Threat.
Crit Confirmation?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17. Crit.
Maffei Short Sword v. Blue and Arcane Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 cold. Miss.

STATUS
All PC's - Arcane Strike (+1 damage and weapons treated as magic)
RED
ORANGE - Grappled
GREEN - 9 damage
Liam
Brandor
Uhe
Reveka
Maffei - Blur (constant) - 39/42 hp (+2 nonlethal)
Edo - 41/44 hp

Everyone, go!


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam's arms and hands go through mystic symbols as two purplish bolts, magic missiles, shoot out and strike the green-lined Grioth.

Pew, Pew.: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Calling upon her spirit ancestor's counsel (Move action)and then taking a 5ft step back away from the nearest grioth now within her sight, Reveka began to cast. Suddenly a dagger made of force appeared. Cast Spiritual Weapon. Duration 4 rounds. Range 140 ft, No saving throw. Reveka directed it at the nearest grioth (red-lined) and it moved toward the creature and struck.

Spiritual dagger attack plus sacred council on red grioth: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
Force dmg, if hits: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

(3 rounds remaining of Spiritual Weapon. AC 22 (Spiritual Shield 1 hr). Sacred Council - lasts for 1 round. Used 1 time out of 3 this day.)


Liam's missiles slice into the already-injured monster and kill it!

Reveka's spiritual weapon slams into another monster's ribcage with a resounding thwack!

STATUS
All PC's - Arcane Strike (+1 damage and weapons treated as magic)
RED - 9
ORANGE -
Liam
Brandor
Uhe
Reveka
Maffei - Blur (constant) - 39/42 hp (+2 nonlethal)
Edo - 41/44 hp

Brandor, Uhe, Edo, go!


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

The bard continues his discourse.
Warchant: Arcane Strike for everybody!

Uhe takes aim at Red!
Ranged Composite (Str+2) Shortbow(mw), arcane strike, heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 271d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
arrows 20/19


Uhe's arrow catches one of the monsters in the throat. It whines and scrabbles at the arrow, then falls over dead.

STATUS
All PC's - Arcane Strike (+1 damage and weapons treated as magic)
ORANGE -
Liam
Brandor
Uhe
Reveka
Maffei - Blur (constant) - 39/42 hp (+2 nonlethal)
Edo - 41/44 hp

Anyone, give me order for Brandor and Edo.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Botting Brandor

Redirecting the Spiritual Weapon (move action) toward the remaining (orange-lined) grioth, the spirit hammer attacked the creature.

Spiritual Hammer Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Force dmg, if hits: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Then he loaded a bolt into his crossbow and waited.

Two move actions this round. 1 round of Spiritual Weapon remaining for Brandor.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Botting Edo

Nocking an arrow into his composite shortbow, Edo fired at the orange-lined grioth.

Comp Shortbow attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12 (70 ft range)
Piercing dmg with arcane strike, if hits: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

He then nocked a new arrow.


Brandor's spiritual hammer slams into the last grioth while Edo's arrow whistles past. The creature turns and flees, flying very fast out the open doorway. It is gone before you can react again.

COMBAT OVER

STATUS
All PC's - Arcane Strike (+1 damage and weapons treated as magic)
Liam
Brandor
Uhe
Reveka
Maffei - Blur (constant) - 39/42 hp (+2 nonlethal)
Edo - 41/44 hp


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Brandor's spiritual hammer spell stayed in existence for one more round and then disappeared. Reveka's spiritual weapon gave chase to the retreating grioth it had hit earlier before returning to the young oracle's side and hovering, awaiting direction. (3 rounds remaining - including this one.)

"If anyone is hurt, please come forward for healing", Reveka instructed her companions. She drew her healing wand from her pack and set to the task.

CLW on Edo: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW on Maffei: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Both are back to full HP. Reveka has 38 charges left on the wand.

"Let's hope there'll be no more of those bat creatures for some time." Looking to Edo, she asked the warrior, "Do you wish to continue searching this hall?"


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe replaces his shortbow onto his back, as the last remaining Grioth falls.
These things are so annoying. Everyone looks to be alright. Let us continue down to that farthest door.

The dwarf smiles at Reveka as she taps the injured.
Isn't magic grand, my dear.

The Bard then continues toward the far door, looking out for any more surprises.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 +2 stone cunnning


Maffei whispers [i]"Thank you,"[/b] to Reveka. [i]"Much obliged."[/b]

STATUS
All PC's - Arcane Strike (+1 damage and weapons treated as magic)
Liam
Brandor
Uhe
Reveka
Maffei - Blur (constant)
Edo -

[ooc]To keep things moving...[/oo]

Uhe approaches the far doors and examines them. Finding nothing untoward, he indicates as much and Edo opens them, revealing another chamber beyond. A blue mosaic dominates the floor of this chamber. The ceiling rises to several domes twenty-five feet above. A large marble statue of a robed man with hair braided in a loop and worn like a necklace looks down on the chamber serenely from the east.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 15:
This is a temple to Irori, god of enlightenment, self-perfection, knowledge, healing, and inner strength. The mosaic on the floor is one of Irori's symbols, known as the Master's Knot.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Uhe relates what he finds to the group.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

"Knot... hmm." Liam moves to Uhe's northwest and puts the wand away, retrieves and tucks a scroll of grease into his belt on one side, and a glitterdust scroll in the other.

pulling out a scroll to use is like pulling a weapon, unless you have a feat or trait that says otherwise, it counts as a MV action.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

"You're welcome, Maffei," Reveka responded quietly in turn.

Know. Religion (DC 15): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"The Master's Knot," she reaffirmed. "Let us be as respectful as we can in Irori's temple," Reveka said as she stared up at the large marble statue of the god.

Reveka cast her eyes about the new chamber, well as much as she could see with her limited vision.

Perception within 30 ft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 (Anything else of note she may see or hear, GM?)


You don't spot anything, Reveka.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Any other exits from this room?

Brandor checks the walls around the chamber before approaching the statue. "Where did that escaping bat thing fly too?"

Keeping his crossbow loaded, he looks around. He seems rather distracted, however.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Brandor doesn't see any exits but the one he came in by, and that's the one the grioth fled through.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Thank you, whomever, for moving us all into the room. GM - the yellow box I created to indicate the subject of my question: What is it that is blocking that off from view? If we can see the statue... cannot tell what is in front of it to its west preventing viewing.


It's a carpet.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Brandor comes up to the statue from the side, and examines it more closely.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Brandor doesn't see anything that draws his attention.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe nods at the statue of Irori. The dwarf then approaches the carpet, looking for anything untoward...
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

The dwarf then decides to honor the god of perfection by doing some push-ups on the fancy carpet.

Getting up, brushing himself off, the bard bows again to the statue before continuing.

Uhe walks further eastward....

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Upon the relief delivered by Reveka from his aches and groans, Edo turns to the spellcaster. "Thank yeh, m'lady." He enters the next room with his comrades and scans the room for danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Edo half-listens to the description of the marble statue and nearly unhinges his jaw to let forth a belch but stifles it into a distant rumble at Reveka's call for decorum.

At the sight of Oo-whee dropping to the floor and pumping his small arms in front of the statue, Edo pauses with a quizzical look on his face. Once he realizes that the dwarf did not trip and was engaging in push-ups, Edo throws himself to the floor next to him. "I dunnae what we're doin' but I'll never not beat m'face when givin' the chance!" He flexes his arms so sharply that at each drop of his chest, he turns his face so as not to drive his nose into the floor.


Uhe notices the threadbare carpet before the statue has holes in places and through one such hole he spots a suspicious seam in the flagstone floor. Could something be there? Edo comes along and whips back the carpet and reveals a stone square inset into the floor with a hinged iron pull ring inset into the square. It's a trap door!


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe winks.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

"So.. are we going down this thing? Are we chasing that bat winged creature? No way it went down there, there was not enough time to open and close that, plus, how would it have moved the carpet back? I know that bat thing is not the wizard pretending to be a dragon, so... maybe it's useless to chase it down? But it also could be warning its master or alerting others... so what are we doing? My vote is chasing down that bat thing - otherwise reinforcements might set up to ambush us. But I am not set on that, if anyone has a better idea I've overlooked."


"It moved far faster than we can, and it flew out the front door. I do not think we can catch it," says Maffei.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

"It looks like forward means down, then. Well, let's have at it."

Brandor pulls open the trap door.

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,231 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.