GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brandor]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+8[/dice] But blind beyond 30'
[dice=Uhe]1d20+11[/dice]

Initiatives:

Initiatives
[dice=Brandor]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Uhe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Maffei]1d20+6[/dice]

DRAGON'S DEMAND MAPS

MAP OF BELHAIM
The Tale of Tula and Aeteperax and the History of Belhaim


2,801 to 2,850 of 3,230 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Oh, yes, Liam has a problem with taking the cup to sell or the book to sell. In his eyes, we are not here to plunder a tomb, but to locate the things we need to slay the threat to Belhaim. This place is holy and not to be plundered for profit.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Brandor, on the other hand, is religious and yet has no problem taking items from a lost temple to a defunct god. Whether or not there is profit, he is less concerned with.

"If that book interests you, lass, take it home to study in detail. Too much of history gets lost to the ages as it is."


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe pats Reveka's hand absently while looking at the door.
Please be certain to allow me a peek at that wondrous book! The history!

The dwarf then opens the door.


The door opens, revealing a larger chamber.

The floor of this great, domed chamber has a coppery metallic sheen, save for three mosaics of blue dragons made of polished blue glass. Chiseled into the north wall is an inscription, and the air smells slightly of ozone. There is a door on the western end.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Reveka nodded her head and gave Brandor a smile and then looked to Uhe, "Of course, my dear friend. This tome is for any who wish to gain more knowledge." She patted the dwarf's arm and then waited as he opened the door.

Peering over Uhe into the chamber, her nose wrinkled at the smell of ozone.

Quietly speaking to Uhe and the rest of her companions, "Should we be concerned about the three blue mosaic dragons on the floor? Alas, my knowledge of dragons isn't what it should be, dear Uhe."


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

"Sadly, me either. But I believe the blue breath lightning, and the hairs on the back of might neck make me feel there is something of that nature about."


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe absently takes his spectacles off his nose, breathes heavily on them, wipes them with a handkerchief and replaces them on his nose.
Dragons. Let's take a gander at this here fancy painting on the floor.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Edo frowns as they emerge into the antechamber and the place appears to become more blue dragon-y. "I don't like this one," he states flatly.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Following Uhe's lead once more, Reveka cast her eyes downward to look at the blue glass dragon patterns within her thirty feet of vision.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


The inscription on the north wall reads “Baesterogh, Alamitatus, and Vernegash—each dragon slain by Lady Tula of Belhaim and the Slayers of Nazilli, Battle of Blue Note Hill, 3668 AR.”

Edo and Reveka:
You both notice sparks periodically moving across the coppery floor. But not the blue dragon patterns.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Edo points at the floor in alarm, trying to draw the group's attention to ephemeral sparks. "Oi... the floor is lightning!" He looks around for loose rubble or metal refuse to throw deep into the room to test his theory. Squinting, "I think it's just the copper"

If something is available, he throws the first object to where he saw sparks. If a second thing is available, he throws it onto the blue dragon images.


Edo digs out a pair of tent stakes. Nothing happens to either at first.

Then, thirty second later, the stake on the coppery floor shoots out fat sparks for a second, then stops. Nothing happens to the stake on the blue dragon. Fifteen seconds later, the first stake creates loud sparks again. It looks very dangerous!


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

"Well, we all see the pattern here. Chambers with dragon decor where there seems to be a trap related to the nature of the dragon type. The red dragon... well, energy was building and then just dissipated. Most likely, saying its name was the way to disarm it. Wonder if that is the case here."

GM - based on the size of the room and the blue dragon decor, does it appear possible to only step on the blue dragons to access the door to the west? To the east (looks like) a doorway? Am I seeing that wrong? is it just the rest of the wall, obscured by the white block?


You see a door to the west, but none to the east. You do think it would be possible to head to the door without stepping off the dragon design.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

let's keep this moving forward!

Liam moves over to the door taking care to stay on the blue glass, looks the door over carefully for anything odd resembling a trap...

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Believing he has made a good faith effort, Liam attempts to open the door.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Busy perusing the book, the dwarven scholar looks up just in time to watch Liam open a door after seemingly looking at it for a split second.
Well, that happened.

Uhe takes the book, gives it back to Reveka and waits for Liam's timely demise....

If, by chance, the small sorcerer survives this break of protocols, Uhe will then examine the door area himself before shrugging to Liam and entering through the twice-checked door.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Liam opens the door. Inside is a round chamber. Painted statues of four human archers, bows drawn, occupy the western curve of this circular chamber. The two archers to the north aim toward the northeast, and the two archers to the south aim southeast. An inscription decorates each
statue’s base.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

"Can any of you read those inscriptions from here?"


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe takes out a clean handkerchief to clean his spectacles, as the dwarf steps into the doorway to get a better look.
Perception 31 above?

The scholar then replaces his spectacles to see if he can make out the inscriptions and stautues more.
knowledge ?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Knowledge (arcana) (Int)9(3), Knowledge (dungeon) (Int)+9(3), knowledge (Engineering)+7(1bg), knowledge (Geography)+7(1bg), knowledge (history)+7(1bg), Knowledge(local) (Int)+9(3), Knowledge (nature) (Int)+9(3), knowledge (Nobility)+7(1bg), Knowledge (planes) (Int)+9(3), knowledge (Religion)+9(3)

Linguistics (Int): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Languages dwarven, common, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon

Let's take a look, shall we?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Edo hops over to a safe area of the floor and stands overwatch as his comrades move their examinations into the next room, greatsword at the ready and prepared to respond to trouble. His gaze passes over the room he is currently in, ensuring there are no additional surprises or missed clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


The inscriptions on all four statues’ bases are identical:
“May your arrows strike center and true.”

Edo and Uhe both notice scrapes on the floor around the bases of the four statues.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe begins to mumble to himself about puzzles leading to riddles leading to Mordor as the dwarven scholar begins to examine the flooring around the bases of the statues to determine how this puzzle works...

knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam enters the room.

I am assuming Uhe is also since he is examining the flooring around the base of the statues.

"What is it, Uhe? Secret door? Can the statues be pushed aside? Did something already scratch its way in or out? Can those statues move? Center and true... They are not pointing to the center of this chamber, maybe...moving them to point to the center?"


Uhe, you think Liam is on to something. Those scrape marks could indicate that someone has previously moved the statues and their pedestals.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe winks at Liam.
Edo, my good fellow. If you could place them as indicated by our sorcerer.

Uhe does examine them for further traps first.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


Uhe doesn't spot any traps.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam sees Uhe's positive reactions to each of the detailed examinations, and rotates the statues, one at a time unless interrupted? to point towards the center of the room (left to right order)

I guess Liam would TRY to rotate them, if check needed:

STR: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9


You'd need a DC 12 STR check. But Edo and Brandor step up and rotate the statues.

When the last statue points to the center, a section of the floor in the center of the room begins to slide down in wedges, creating a spiral
stairway that descends into the depths.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam's eyes go wide for a bit then he relaxes, telling himself well, you knew something was going to happen. He looks about at teh others to gauge their reaction, "Quite the complicated place, this tomb... not just the interred and magic traps."


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe smiles at the sorcerer. The dwarf then begins to ready to descend....


I'm going to take "begins to ready to descend" to mean that he descends, eh?

Maffei follows you down, shadowy blades at the ready.

The stone spiral stairs open onto a circular alcove looking out into a great domed chamber. Seven statues stand to the north, and seven more to the south — burly dwarven figures wielding large hammers. A single stone sarcophagus sits in the center of this room, at the bottom of a series of four tiers descending in five-foot increments.

I assume everyone is where their tokens show them to be.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam stays on Uhe & Maffei's tail down the spiral stairs. "Dwarves. Wow, a lot of them too. Maybe like the archers - some significance, maybe? One... two... Fourteen. Do you think the organization Tula headed or belonged to really had that many dwarven members?"

"Oh! Maybe they represent different dwarven towns or communities she and her group had helped in the past. But then, why only dwarves? I am sure there are others they've helped, right?"

Liam examines the first descent of five feet.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

If he did not find anything unsafe, he drops down to that level.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Caster taking point is not optimal, but wanting to move the story so willing to take the risk.


As soon as Liam steps into the room, one of the dwarven statues changes, becoming a dwarf of living fire, its axe glittering, sharp and afire.

"Halt, and stray not into this chamber lest ye suffer the wrath of my kin. Show thou the signs of the Lady's favor or depart at once, on pain of destruction. We who have here guarded age-long will permit no desecration of this noble tomb."


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Reveka carefully moved after Uhe, Liam and Maffei, watching where she stepped on the floor with the sparking blue mosaics and then through the open door and into the chamber with the spiral staircase. Once her lead companions descended, she followed suit as quietly as she could; hearing snippets of the conversation just below her. (I moved Reveka's token, but I can't see Uhe's or Liam's tokens - she'll be a little behind them at this stage on the map.)


Zoom out. You're looking at the upper right and you want the lower left.

EDIT: I moved everyone.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam sees the fiery dwarf approach, listens and whispers back to his partners, "I think the only thing we have to present that could indicate we are here by Tula's blessing is that brass key... but that might be a stretch?"


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe scratches his dwarven beard, while wondering if they found this the signs of the Lady's favor , as he absently walks down to Liam.
Knowledge?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Knowledge (arcana) (Int)9(3), Knowledge (dungeon) (Int)+9(3), knowledge (Engineering)+7(1bg), knowledge (Geography)+7(1bg), knowledge (history)+7(1bg), Knowledge(local) (Int)+9(3), Knowledge (nature) (Int)+9(3), knowledge (Nobility)+7(1bg), Knowledge (planes) (Int)+9(3), knowledge (Religion)+9(3)

dwarven:
Now just wait a durn minute. I knew this once. What do I have in my pocket?


The dwarf glowers at Liam's being joined by Uhe. "Leave now and trouble us no more. This be thy last warning."

Uhe:
These appear to be Azers, lawful dwarves from the Plane of Fire. Evidently they are serving as guardians of some important person.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Struggling to get back up to the higher level step in observance of the fiery Azer's warning, Liam addresses Uhe with a sense of revelation, "See if my logic makes sense, Uhe; these are guardians that are EXPECTING someone to have Tula's blessing, be it us or whomever reaches them. To show proof of Tula's blessing before being able to continue. But we have not encountered Tula or anything close to what could be considered a blessing from her."

"I think we've missed something somewhere."

"Don't know where, but we must have bypassed a tunnel or passage or secret something that would result in... oh, my! Satisfying this requirement, or the guardian would not have asked first."

Liam looks excitedly at everyone in turn, "Do you know what that means? Tula's spirit or something still is active and has the ability to well, at the very least to give or withhold a blessing. This is exciting!

We are going to meet with Tula, famous dragonslayer and the namesake of Belhaim!"

He gets suddenly apologetic, "I may have been... too respectful(?) of the tomb. Something to trigger Tula's appearance and blessing might be in any one of the rooms we've already checked, or a secret offshoot of one of those rooms... no idea what might trigger this audience with her."


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Quietly, from her place on the bottom of the staircase, Reveka inwardly contemplated the meaning of Tula's blessing and what forms it could take, hoping to assist her companions in determining their next course of action in light of the dwarven guardians.

Knowledge, Religion re Tula's blessing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Know. History re Tula's blessing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Knowledge, Local re legends, customs, traditions regarding Tula's blessing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Sorry. You have no idea.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe looks at the flaming Azer. He nods. The dwarf backs out of the chamber to rejoin the group.
Well, we have been officially c@#&ed blocked by the flaming Azer.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

"I have no wish to harm these guardians, so perhaps we missed something... or perhaps there was nothing to miss."

Then to the guardians, he simply asks, "What can we show you to prove Tula's blessing?"


"When you have it, you will know."


GM takes up handball...


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam heads to the previous room, backtracking and searches for clues...

He searches the walls of the room with the statues pointing to the collapsed stairs...

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

He then moves into the next room, searching the walls for clues while attempting to stay on the blue dragons...

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

At this point I should wait for others, don't want to split the party too much; plus I suck at Perception...


Liam notices some odd stone work on the eastern wall of the Blue Dragon room. A secret door!


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe walks up to Liam. The dwarf slaps him on the back!
Seems my dwarven stone cunning is a bit dull. Good work!

The dwarf then winks at no one in particular, before further examination of said secret door.
Perception, stone cunning: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 = 28


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam gives Uhe all the room he needs, happily handing over duty to those more capable.

2,801 to 2,850 of 3,230 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.