GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brandor]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+8[/dice] But blind beyond 30'
[dice=Uhe]1d20+11[/dice]

Initiatives:

Initiatives
[dice=Brandor]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Uhe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Maffei]1d20+6[/dice]

DRAGON'S DEMAND MAPS

MAP OF BELHAIM
The Tale of Tula and Aeteperax and the History of Belhaim


3,151 to 3,200 of 3,232 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Uhe Stonethorn wrote:
Nat 20 doesn't hit? Deflect Arrows? Monks do cheat...lol.

Oops. I missed the Nat 20. Yes, that hits.

Liam's bolt of fire catches Kanjougas full in the chest and the papery mummy bursts into flame. In moments there is nothing at all of the ancient monk but ash.

COMBAT OVER!


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam rushes over to Edo, trying with his limited strength and abilities to help him up, "That was quite the fight, Edo, you alright?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

"Nice shot! So, did we prove ourselves?"

Brandor gathers everyone together and channels some healing.
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


STATUS
Uhe -
Brandor -
Edo - 40/44 hp, Mummy Rot
Maffei - -14/42 hp - Blur (Constant)
Liam -
Reveka -


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

After assisting Edo (as much as his small frame can) Liam moves to the chair/throne and examines it.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam is struck by a thought, casts detect magic on the chair/throne, and then moves back to the fallen Mummy to cast it again on its now resting corpse.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe bows to the defeated guardian, before further examining the chamber.
Perception : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


The throne is immobile and inert. There are no ways out but the way you came in.

On the body of Kanjougas, Liam and Uhe find: an amulet of mighty fists +1, a belt of giant strength +2 and a black key.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Edo seems the logical choice for the belt, although Uhe or I could use it to try and be a little more effective in combat. Not sure any of us can make much out of the amulet though.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

I kind of want to see The Belt of Giant's Strength increase our bandwidth for attack and go to Brandor. However, I will defer to customary best practice.

Edo's gasps for air fade as he kneels to pick up his dropped items. At Liam's inquiry, he nods and gently rubs his throat while speaking, "Aye, I am alright. I don't think I've ever been struck like that before. Don't care to do it again."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Edo puts his palm against the side of his head where the undead monk struck him with his foot. Frowning, he looks toward Liam and points at an increasingly blackened wound that he, himself, cannot see. "Does this look infected?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

"I am afraid I have not yet learned how to rid one of these diseases, although I can certainly use the little magic I have left to heal Maffei here."

Converting consecrate to a CMW to heal Maffei.
CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 14


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe does indeed seem interested in the Amulet.
Allows for a big better flavoring whilst I transform via Alterself.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Second Brandor a better choice for the belt, Edo will already be hit with enlarge person whenever it makes sense, increasing his strength anyways.

"That is a very nasty wound, Edo. Not to alarm, but it does appear to be festering, like it will require some very specific treatment. You are a tough one, Edo, I don't expect you'll be quitting over this to find treatment? You are an irreplaceable member of the team.

There's something else there on that mummy's body... a key. Uhe, I think you or Brandor would be better suited carrying that, both of you tend to locate things when searching for them quicker than I."


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Unless he hears a complaint, Brandor puts on the belt and grabs the black key. Assuming Uhe takes the amulet as well.

"It appears as if we have reached an end to this path. This does seem to be a fairly defend-able position. Should we take a rest here?"


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

am unsure at this point if we are under a time constraint that would not allow for that. If allowable, Liam is for resting.


It's up to you. Let me know!


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe looks about. The dwarf proudly wearing the Amulet.
I have never actually slept in a proper tomb...errr...recently. I call dibs on the sarcophagus.

The bard hums as he begins casting Prestidigitation....


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

In that case, Brandor closes both trap doors, and then sets to securing the inner one so they won't be disturbed.

Once everyone is settled, he uses a couple of channels to heal everyone up to full.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

He is willing to take first watch.


Your rest passes uneventfully. The secret chamber is cold, but not overly so. Nothing disturbs your rest.

Now what?


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

"We should be cautious exiting, word likely has gotten around that we are here and have not been seen leaving. Stay on your toes, everyone."


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Reveka listened to Liam's caution and simply nodded, ready to move along with the others. It was good they had gotten a chance to rest up, but they now had to return to the task at hand and more prudently.

Reveka, even with her limited sight to thirty feet, was determined to keep her eyes and ears open for any sign of threat or danger. She moved near Uhe as was her way.

Perception once they move on: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Where are you going from here?


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Back through the doors and then to the door in the south (moved Liam and Reveka's icons close to said door). Does anyone want to investigate the alcove in the south - near the door, first?


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe begins the new day with a bit of oratory about the time the dwarf camped inside a giant's cave, while he was home. The story does get interrupted by his casting of Heroism, as they begin to explore.
....then I had to eat an entire cauldron of sheep stew for a place to hide and sleep. Most fortunate that this particular giant had an ulcer, so nothing spicy at night.

Uhe leads the way back through the doors and then to the south. The smiling dwarf decides that he wants to investigate the alcove in the south - near the door, first.
Perception (Wis): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Revisiting prepared spells, but otherwise good to do. Aslo added giant strength belth to inventory and stats.

"So ye hid in the cauldron?"

As the others lead the way out, Brandon checks his gear, ready to face a new day. He seems rather chipper for a change.


The alcove is old, dusty and empty. The door creaks open with a loud protest. Inside the corridor you head south, but can see the scene outside through the window.

A single sycamore tree grows in this idyllic courtyard, and a wooden veranda along the courtyard’s edges provides shade and shelter from the elements. Sitting on a large rock in the northwest corner of this courtyard is a tired-looking man wearing a red hat with a blue feather.

Perception check, DC 15:
You recall that this hat was worn by Clausyre at the auction, although this man looks nothing like Clausyre.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe frowns at all the dust lying about.
This place could really use a proper cleaning.

The dwarf proceeds to follow Edo into the new chamber. Uhe smiles at the man, wearing someone else's hat.
Well hello there. Didn't expect to find someone relaxing in here. Nice hat. Where did you get it?

Sense Motive (Wis): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Clarification. The man is outside, in the garden. You are inside with an immovable glass window between you. You could leave the building, walk around it and talk to him or (I guess), you could shout through the glass. Or break the glass, you vandals.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe will wave through the thick dusty glass, before shrugging and making his way out to the garden.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

"Is that a door on the south side of the garden? Maybe if we look to the end of this corridor, we will find the door."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Windows are gray. Doors are white. The only way to reach the courtyard is to go back outside by the front doors, then go around the building.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

"This hall opens up to our south into a room, let's make the choice now, do we circle back to question this guy, or... well, more or less ignore him and keep going south and maybe we'll find a passage to him sometime later?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

"I say we keep moving forward."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Edo sees the man sitting on the rock and ducks behind an object to hide himself. To his mild horror, Uhe waves vigorously at the man.

Does the man on the rock give any sign he saw them?

Edo continues down the corridor, his head wound seeping black grossness and his stomach turning over some sick feeling in his guts.


The man outside isn't facing you and doesn't seem to notice you. Heading south, you find yourself at a T intersection. To the left, a short hallway leads to a closed door.

To the right, a longer hallway reveals a door on the far wall, double doors at the end of the hall and a passageway that curves around out of sight.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

"To the right?"

I am thinking turn right and then that first left door.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe shrugs at the outside man. The dwarf follows along with the group to make their way outside to the garden.
Uhe follows the hall south to the bend to check out the door to the east.
Perception (Wis): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam moves to get around to where Uhe is, he knows h should not be number 1 or 2 through the door.

"Is it locked? Maybe that key....?"


At Brandor's suggestion, Edo goes right and opens the door. Beyond is a large hall. Eight pillars painted with faded quotations and prayers from
Irori’s teachings support the ceiling of this large chamber. A statue of a man with a long braid stands to the south. A spiral staircase in the corner leads up.

Uhe checks out the eastern door in the hallway. and find only an ordinary (and somewhat dilapidated) interior door with no lock.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam scrunches up his face disapprovingly after looking through the doorway at the large room.

"Hmm, nothing much to see, is there? I mean, unless you worship Irori.
I guess this would all be fascinating..."
Liam looks to the east and sees Uhe still at the door. "Uhe, you gonna open that door? Wait, I'll join you." He hustles over to join the amusing dwarf.

token moved on map


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Determined to talk to the garden gnome...err...gentleman, Uhe proceeds to take those choices that will lead them there.
After looking over the eastern door, the bard will indeed open it.
He smiles at Liam.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Brandor stands close by while Uhe opens the door.


The door creaks open, revealing another hallway. You can see windows that let onto another courtyard, as well as more passages and doors.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

I may have misunderstood the direction of the garden fellow. I assume he is above where the others have been searching? I placed Uhe's token there.

Having examined the creaking off its hinge's door, the dwarf has a momentary lapse of reason and decides to retrace his steps. He wonders over to the door north of the Irori chamber and opens it onto the garden where the mysterious fellow is sitting.
Hello there. Nice day for a stroll.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Uhe, those are windows - You (or we) would have to retrace all the way back around (see the map, I drew a line) to access the guy.


I know the map is not the best, but as I said before WHITE are doors. GRAY are windows.

To speed things along, I've moved the whole party back through the front door to the OUTSIDE and into the enclosed garden.

The man looks up and regards you. “I had a feeling you’d be the ones coming here. Did the baroness manage it? Have you brought the ransom? Gozreh’s bones, where is it? I pray the beast will be satisfied — my wife’s life depends on it!”


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam thinks for a moment, "beast... he said beast. So it IS a real dragon and not some illusionist."

"I am Liam. We greet you warmly, but I must say, we are not here to buy off, ransom the town, bargain or barter with the beast. All here come with one mind - to see it slain. You said, 'my wife.' A hostage does complicate matters, but we've brought some complications of our own to the dragon's plans. We have found favor with the spirit of Tula, having been gifted by her with weapons her own dragon-slaying company once used. We will need assistance ensuring the safety of your wife while also seeing to it's demise. We would be happy to fold you in joining us, if only to free your wife..?

We saw the skeletal remains of Aeteperax near Tula's tomb, so we know THIS dragon is not THAT ancient one... I am sorry if this starts to sound like an inquisition, but... What can you tell us of this pretender? What is it like? Size, age, vulnerabilities? Is there anything that seems "off" or habits it has, things it focuses an inordinate amount of attention? Anything that may provide an edge?"


The man blanches. "“Are you mad? The beast is enormous! You have neither the skill nor the numbers to face a dragon of his size—all you’ll
accomplish is an agonizing death, and then Aeteperax will raze Belhaim to the ground!”


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Let's home this isn't an undead dragon in disguise, right?

3,151 to 3,200 of 3,232 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.