GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brandor]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+8[/dice] But blind beyond 30'
[dice=Uhe]1d20+11[/dice]

Initiatives:

Initiatives
[dice=Brandor]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Uhe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Maffei]1d20+6[/dice]

DRAGON'S DEMAND MAPS

MAP OF BELHAIM
The Tale of Tula and Aeteperax and the History of Belhaim


3,001 to 3,050 of 3,230 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

"That is very becoming on you, Reveka, but you have the right idea... Special occasions. I would think despite the early hour, some recovery would be welcome. I do not expect any of us are taking this lightly; it makes sense to be at our most top notch capabilities for the monumental task before us."

Liam had silently been hoping for more, or for the spirits of the slayers to join them, or for someone to tell him the dragon had moved on, something to take the fight coming up away, but as each of those hopes dry up, he filled the hole each hope left with uncharacteristic grim determination. Affirming to himself, "I made the promise."


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

"Thank you, Liam. It is a pretty trinket," Reveka responded to Little Liam's compliment with a bright smile as she was stowing her articles.

The young oracle looked around at her companions, whose wounds were healed whole from the last battle, and she wondered why they wished to trudge back to town to take rest and start anew in the morning. She quietly breathed out, before speaking again, "If you all believe you will feel more prepared come morning, then I shall abide by your wishes to return to Sandpoint now."


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Apologize but I may have forgotten if we actually know the location and distance to our dragon? If we are closer at our current position then makes sense to just rough it for the night...lol. Was that a hint Reveka?


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

I thought it'd been closer to rough it the night where we are and then strike out in the morning from Tula's crypt, if people wish to be more prepared. GM Tarondor, can you please clarify the distance?


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

With the big fight coming up soon enough, no driving need to actually go to town, but wanted to be topped-off, so resting here is OK by me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You may recall that Aeteperax...or whomever it really was... demanded the reparations be sent to the Monastery of St. Kyrexius.

You also know that the monastery is an abandoned ruin in the swamp.

Leaving the Tomb, you return to your guide, the ranger Eudomas Biton.

"Ayep. There's a trail of sorts leads to the monastery. There's a series of low hills over yonder," here he points to the southeast. "They rise up out of the swamp. Monastery's up there. But you can't go that way. Worst and deepest parts of the fens that way. Ya gotta go back downriver to the trail, then strike due east. Take you three, maybe four hours."

You may see all of this by looking at the "Map of Belhaim" link above and going to the second slide.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe looks up at Eudomas Biton as they reemerges from the tomb.
I may have forgotten that you were here.

The dwarf absently cleans his glasses.
Camp here? We can take of for the Monastery in the morning.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Oops. I forgot about the guide, as well.

"If we head out now, the journey to the monastery ruins will mean we arrive by nightfall. I'd rather head out first thing in the morning to get there and search it properly. Less dangers lurking in shadows and darkness..." Reveka added to Uhe's words.


The team camps by the entrance to Tula's tomb, listening to the frogs croaking in the swamp and watching the stars wheel slowly past in a cloudless night sky.

In the morning, the team rises and heads back down the river to the landing where the old footpath is, then squelches its way through the fens towards the low line of hills on the horizon. By early afternoon, they have arrived at the crumbling remains of a wall monastery. From outside the walls, the roofless shells of several buildings can be seen. A colonnade of statues leads up to the only gate.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe disgustingly swats the 127th bug from his neatly brushed beard.
Anyone happen to have a comb?

Once the group marches to the beginning of colonnade of statues leads up to the only gate, the bard begins casting.
Heroism and Featherstep 10 mins/level.

The dwarf nods in satisfaction. He begins checking for dragon trap shenanigans along the path to the gate. He gently takes Reveka's hand for guidance.
Watch your step, my dear. This place is ripe for shenanigans.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 +2 stonecunning


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

In the morning, Reveka rose and stretched out her sore muscles. Sleeping outside had lovely moments such as watching the stars in a cloudless sky, yet the swamp bugs were rather annoying. After her morning ablution, she handed Uhe her pretty comb and little hand mirror to fix his beard. Retrieving them once the dwarf was presentable, repacking her things and taking a moment to break her fast, Reveka was ready to trek to the monastery ruins.

Her eyes moved up to the statues framing the path to the gate. When she felt Uhe's hand on her hand to help her along, Reveka turned and smiled, grateful for his presence. "You may be right, my friend. Thank you," she answered cautiously.

She glanced at the statues, hoping they weren't some menacing things waiting to strike. Then she cast her eyes toward the only gate.

Perception within 30 ft to aid Uhe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 (a +2 to his check above)

She then cast Detect Magic toward the statues.


Eight weather-worn statues in various martial poses flank a tiled patio leading up to the monastery’s gate. The weathered, iron gate is ajar. A guardhouse lies to the north, and three narrow arrow slits face ominously southward from its facade.

A 12-foot-high fence of black iron surrounds the entire monastery. (Climb DC 12).

A high-pitched voice rings out from one of the gatehouse arrow slits.

“You there! You here with the money? Where is it? Show us! Lord Aeteperax is impatient!”


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

At the voice coming from the gatehouse, Reveka looked to Uhe and Liam, pointing her face downward and speaking in a low, discreet manner lest she is overheard, "How shall we answer? I think they're mistaking us for someone else. I've little to no skill at lying."


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe looks at the arrow slit voice direction. The dwarf then looks to the group.
Were we supposed to get an appointment? Lord Aeteperax may not actually want to see us, since we are here to end his reign!

The at times absent-minded Scholar glances around.
You think they heard me?

His voice volume hasn't lowered....

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

"There goes the element of surprise," a bemused Edo says at the same volume as Uhe. He turns to the gate in his shiny new armor, his chest puffed out just a little bit more than earlier that day. Lower now, "Guessin' it's time to bruise an ego."

"Oi! Pull up yer s+!&-stained britches and march yer silly arses out here for a proper throttling." Edo points to the arrow slits and the ground in front with his two-handed slab of steel. "Lessin' yer 'appy to have me plow through this 'ere gatehouse to pull yer guts outta yer a+@&+*##"

Finished, he turns to Reveka in afterthought. "Sorry, muh'ladee."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


"Y...you don't scare us, meatbag! You're messing with... with us now!" The voice sounds frightened.

Another, slightly deeper voice calls out. "Here, you! Beat it! You speak with servants of the mighty Aeteperax and if you don't have the ransom, you can just piss off, right? Right! Go on, I've been itching for an excuse to use these here bows. You gonna give it to me, ya mile-wide target?"


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

The dwarven scholar turns to the others and winks.
This should be fun!

Uhe bends over, picks up a rock and smashes it on the nearest stone statue!
The dwarf winks and Vanishes!

He then--invisibly--rushes through the rows of stone statues and into the open gate.

Uhe looks at their hiding hosts....
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 +2 stonecunning just in case these are stoned kobolds!

knowledge to identify: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Active spells are Heroism, Featherstep, Vanish

Apologies Reveka! See what happens when I sit around all day...hehe!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

On Uhe's disappearance, Edo cranks up the heat. "I got yer ransom right here, yeh knob-bobbin' swine cuddlers!" Edo makes a very, very rude gesture below his waist. "More like Attapissin' me off! I bed yer arrows curve nice and right if they launch at all.. can't hit the broad side of a Ogre." Edo beats his chest.

Intimidate to help Uhe with ::jazz hands:: distraction!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Well then...

Uhe, all you know is what you hear, and it's not enough to identify your foes, who are hidden in shadows.

Oh... I forgot to mention that Jayla is no longer with us. She, uh, had to get her hair done. And today was the only possible day.

Creatures behind the arrowslits have Improved Cover, meaning that they gain +8 AC, +4 Reflex saves, +10 Stealth and also gain the Evasion feat.

1d5 ⇒ 1

Arrow v. Edo: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 271d4 ⇒ 3
Arrow v. Edo: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 151d4 ⇒ 1
Arrow v. Brandor: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 181d4 ⇒ 2

A trio of small arrows fly from the arrows slits far above you and plunge down from above. One strikes Edo in the shoulder, drawing blood.

Status
Enemies
Brandor
Edo - 41/44
Liam
Maffei
Reveka
Uhe

Everyone, go!


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe was going through the gate that is a jar before looking for the cowards.


Check the map. The gate to the monastery grounds is ajar. The gate to the blockhouse is not.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam takes out the wand of webs and attempts to web up as many arrowslits as he can with a single shot.

130ft range, 20ft radius translates into a potential 40x40 webbing of the wall with the arrowslits.


Liam, I don't think Web will prevent either sight or missile fire. Do you want to do something else?


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Apologize but post from phone 90% of time due to my lack of mobility. Difficult to view maps.

Actually a great move Liam! If you have at least 5 feet of web between you and an opponent, it provides cover. If you have at least 20 feet of web between you, it provides total cover.

I have my orthopedic appointment today so may post slow.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

I moved your token on the map, Uhe. Hopefully that's where u want to be. If not, one of us will relocate your token. :) Oh, I also deleted Jayla's token from the map as it was on there.

"Oh!" exclaimed Reveka when Uhe vanished from sight. "Be careful," she called out to him wherever he was.

She looked down on the magical shield ring on her finger and activated it at will. Free action. Her AC is now 18.

Seeing Edo get pierced by the arrow from a hidden foe, Reveka mindful of the possible incoming arrows, began casting and laid her hand on Edo's arm, infusing the fighter with healing energy. Then she stepped back five feet, trying to keep away from any flying arrows.

Concentration Check - Casting Defensively (DC 17): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

CLW's on Edo: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Edo's back to full HP.

(She has 6 remaining 1st level spell slots this day)


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

I shall be quieter than a mouse, my dear., comes the disembodied voice of her friend.

The dwarf then is heard rustling in his pouch as he strides forward a bit.
The clear sounds of casting can be heard!

Move Action 20' plus take out wand of unseen servant. Standard cast unseen servant.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Since GM has not modified stance since considering Uhe's post, Liam will revise the action.

Liam steps back to get within reach of Edo, explaining to him, "Gonna make you invisible for a short while, make haste to use it."

And like Uhe, Liam casts vanish, but on the burly fighter instead of himself... Edo fades from view...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Edo grunts in thanks as Reveka promptly heals his wound. "You're going to regret that!" He shouts as he fades from view. Quietly, "Take cover my friends, I am getting into that building and taking them from behind." His footsteps trail off as he runs toward the guardhouse, seeking an ingress.


I hate to slow things down, but Uhe is right and Liam's web spell would indeed provide total cover. So I'm going to assume that (1) Liam does use the web spell and (2) that Edo seeks entry to the gatehouse anyway.

Liam's web spell completely blocks any view from (or to) the arrow slits that overlook the approach to the monastery.

"Hey!" you hear the curses from within the blockhouse.

Maffei has both scimitars out and is moving at Edo's side towards the door.

Anyone, give me orders for Brandor.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Botting Brandor

Calling upon his god via the spell of Aid, Brandor begins casting, laying a hand on Edo as he ran by him toward the building. Then he started to move down the path.

(Cast Aid on Edo: lasts 5 mins, grants the target a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11.)


You don't hear or see from the defenders for a few seconds - whatever they're up to, you can't detect it.

Everyone, go again!


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe (and his Unseen Servant) proceeds forward another 40' toward the blockhouse.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam double moves up (icon moved on the map)

I take it we progressing under the assumption Liam's vanish was never cast on Edo, since that round was taken with the web.


Reveka, Brandor, Edo?


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Casting Shield of Faith on her person in order to give herself greater protection, especially against any archer, Reveka moved forward to try to catch up to those companions she could still see moving ahead of her.

(Shield of Faith: +2 deflection bonus to AC for 4 mins. Reveka's AC is now 20.)


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Brandor then casts Spiritual Weapon to try and hit some of the remote foes while ducking for cover.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 3 = 17
Force damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

Edo checks the door handle to see if it's locked.

If it is locked:
An invisible Edo looks over at Maffei. "Ahhh, do yeh think yeh can break this door down... in yer state?" He pauses awkwardly, "Iffn I do it I might lose *my* state."

If it is unlocked:
Edo opens the door and looks around the interior.

Can you gauge the kind of door this is for breaking-down purposes?

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/damaging-objects/


It's a strong wooden door, barred from within.

The windows on one side of the guard house are webbed over, but on the eastern side above the door, they are not. As you approach, kobolds lean out to fire shortbows at you as Brandor hurls a magical hammer at them. The hammer caroms harmlessly off the shutters as arrows rain down. Edo is slightly scratched by one.

Maffei stands ready to rush in when Edo breaks down the door. "You know, we could just ignore them and move into the monastery proper," she observes.

Shortbow v. Edo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d4 ⇒ 1
Shortbow v. Maffei: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d4 ⇒ 2
Shortbow v. Liam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d4 ⇒ 4

Status
Enemies
Brandor
Edo - 40/44
Liam
Maffei
Reveka
Uhe

Everyone, go!


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam moves around the other side of the blockhouse, speaking lowly, "I think Maffei might have the right idea, I can web up their arrow slits so they can't take pot shots at us while we move on; these fleas are sort of a distraction and we can mop them up later... if we survive."


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

The disembodied voice of Uhe flutters on the air.
That is a fantastically great idea! Let's do that and continue onward! Maybe web the any doors also.

The still invisible dwarf continues with Liam.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Just as Liam and Uhe had agreed just moments earlier, Reveka added "I, too, think Maffei is right. Let's leave these guards and try for the monastery proper. Liam can continue to cast his webbing, if he's amiable." She then picked up pace and moved to follow Liam and the invisible Uhe.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 4 NG [ HP: 44 | AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 17 (+7 Amr, +1 Dex, +1 dodge) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +4 | CMB +7, CMD: 19 | Init: +3 | Perception +8]
Skills:
Acro -3 (-7 jump), Hndl Anml +4, Intmdte +4, Ride -1, Surv +5, Swim +1

GM, both Uhe and Edo are invisible but I do not see any penalties to the Kobolds' attack against Edo.

Edo thinks for a moment at the suggestion. "I like it. Let's do it." He passes his comrades to the north, avoiding the deathtrap that is the courtyard. "Ah'm not going over there until this building is clear," oblivious to the fact that no one can see him, he points the direction of courtyard surrounded by windows on three sides.

Once he gets to the door, he examines it for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


You're right. They wouldn't have targeted Edo. That arrow hit Maffei instead!

Status
Enemies
Brandor
Edo - 41/44
Liam
Maffei - 1 damage
Reveka
Uhe

Liam, will you expend a web spell again? If so, I think we can call this fight for now.


F Human (Varisian) Oracle (Ancestor Mystery, Clouded Vision Curse) 4 | HP 27/27; AC 22 (Spirit Shield 1 hr), Touch 14, FF 16; | F:+3 , R:+5, W+8 | Init +6; Perception +8| Lowlight 30ft, Darkvision 30ft | Phantom Touch 5/6 | Hero Pts: 2/2 |Spider Climb 20 mins

Edo isn't invisible as Liam's webbing spell worked (after discussion with GM) and so his retcon casting invisible on Edo did not happen Edo is visible and hit, unfortunately.


Male Dwarf Cleric 4| HP: 35/35 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +5/+7 if can act in surprise | Perc: +4 / +6 Eagle, SM: +7 | Active conditions: none

Brandor waits for a kobold to stick his head out, and if so, has the spiritual hammer swing at its head.

Readied action:

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 3 = 13
Force damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam nods his head and turns about to web a 40ft diameter area of effect of arrow slits/windows/door on that building face, then hustles to join the others for the rest of his meager movement rate (lol.)

It appears that is possible by the way the building is on the map. subtracting another charge from the wand.


COMBAT OVER

You hear the curses of the kobolds from behind the thick webbing, but there is a certain air of hope there, too.

Where do you go?


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam moves to accompany Edo, leaving room for his less squishy partners to get in there.


Male Dwarf Hero Points: 2/1 Bard (Dwarven Scholar) 4 AC 20 (T12FF18) CMD 18 | hp 35/35 | Saves F3R7W9 | Percep +11 | Init: +5 | Status: heroism, featherstep, message

Uhe (now visible) joins Edo at the door to the 3 window building. The dwarf looks over the door.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

On phone so no map atm.


The door is old and weather-beaten. It even stands slightly ajar. Through the narrow opening you can see a dusty, cool, dark space.

You notice that although the kobolds -could- shoot you where you stand, they don't. Perhaps they've learned a certain amount of respect, or at least self-preservation.

3,001 to 3,050 of 3,230 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.