GM Parrot's The Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk

Game Master parrot familiar

Google Drive for maps, loot, etc.

Adelie 50/50
Anzath 48/48
Aurora 50/50
Bedlam 57/57 (1 negative level)
Lolly 60/60
Moneduloides
Talathel 40/40
Tragershen 30/30

Date: Augusta 29


4,151 to 4,200 of 4,898 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>

Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:72/72 AC:21 CMB:+11 CMD: 22 Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +6 Rage:17/17

Lolygert peers at the desk over Anzath's shoulder, muttering "But it's just a desk..."

A little perplexed, he nonetheless follows Talathel closely as he crosses the room...just in case the desk....wasn't a desk? Lolygert shakes his head as he walks...


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

After a moment of suspicious scrutiny, Anzath retrieves her 10ft folding pole and begins prodding the desk from a distance, opening a drawer if she can finagle it (if it is a real drawer).
Dex?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

As the rooms opens up and Tragershen can see the contents and their conditions, he goes into lecture mode.

"The pitting brings to mind an aberration, such as the gelatinous cube or the ooze we encountered previously. The caution with the desk is warranted; there are creatures known to mimic objects, floors or ceilings to ambush the unwary. That the desk is unaffected by whatever lurks here is rather suspicious."


The desk does not respond to any proddings. Anzath pops open the drawer and sees four potion-sized vials inside of it.

The "secret" door is actually more of a "discreet" door. Once you spot it, it's no longer that hidden. Bedlam's pick knocks it slightly ajar, and the subsequent wave of sewage-scent reveal it to be the source of the awful stench.


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

"Anzath, could you open the door with your pole, so that we may see within?"


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Trag will cast detect magic and detect poison on the vials.


Anzath nudges the door open. It's dark inside, but those with darkvision see a latrine. A series of holes appear along the far wall. One of them still has a bright porcelain seat of sorts attached to the privy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:Heightened Awareness, Barkskin, Antiplague, Antitoxin, Vermin Repellent, and Mutagen: 60 minutes each.

If only we had sum toliet paper!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

“Stupid real desk.”


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Wrinkling his nose, Talathel approaches to just before the door, to stare at the holes.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:Heightened Awareness, Barkskin, Antiplague, Antitoxin, Vermin Repellent, and Mutagen: 60 minutes each.

Bedlam shrugs his shoulders. He picks up his pick.


Is that the party turning around, then?

Oh, by the way, two of the vials are indeed poison.


Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:72/72 AC:21 CMB:+11 CMD: 22 Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +6 Rage:17/17

Lolygert keeps close to Talathel, just in case a poo-monster tries to get him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath tosses an Alchemists Fire down the latrine.


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

That is one way of cleaning it..., Talathel muses, getting ready to leap back in case of explosion.


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless

When the bottle of alchemist's fire comes out, Aurora ensures she is standing a very safe distance away.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:Heightened Awareness, Barkskin, Antiplague, Antitoxin, Vermin Repellent, and Mutagen: 60 minutes each.

Bedlam claps in appreciation.


Human Druid (6) | HP:43/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Wildshaped

Adelie flies away from the disgusting room and tries to get behind something, and Mone continues to stay as close as possible to her druid.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Then, Anzath runs like hell.


Talathel: you see just the toilet.

Everyone else: the alchemist's fire arcs gracefully towards the fanciest of the toilets. When it suddenly lunges and snaps at the vial, it gets a mouthful of flames, but the fire doesn't seem to hurt it much.

That's when Lolly's joke about the poo monster gets way too real, way too fast. The toilet morphs into an enormous, seething turd.

It starts heading your way.

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I'll assume everyone beats that score. All may act!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:Heightened Awareness, Barkskin, Antiplague, Antitoxin, Vermin Repellent, and Mutagen: 60 minutes each.

Funny thing: When in the 3rd grade, I wrote a story about the Toilet Monster; kt shot toilet paper out of it's hands...lol.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath stops and turns at the busted doorway to get a look at the turd-thing.
Kn. Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen recoils at the sight of the new threat. I must survive this; that would just be too undignified a way to perish!

Knowledge (dungeoneering) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Anzath and Tragershen rack their brains for some mention of this beast--but they come up empty. It's beyond their experience.

It's also still pretty far away, and it doesn't seem very fast...


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Talathel draws his bow, eyeing up the filth made mobile.

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

He then launches a pair of arrows at the toilet!

Longbow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Longbow: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 5 = 20

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless

"What if we just close the door? Does it look like it can break through?" Aurora fidgets with the shaft of her mace.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

With spite, Anzath utters the Undercommon word for all things unidentifiable.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:Heightened Awareness, Barkskin, Antiplague, Antitoxin, Vermin Repellent, and Mutagen: 60 minutes each.

Bedlam falls over laughing...


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath nods to Aurora and tells her to “Shut it!”

She then moves to the desk in the corner and begins pushing it towards the door.
Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Talathel proceeds to shoot the s!&+. The impacts jiggle the horrid mass, which shudders a bit, pushes the arrows out of itself, and then carries them along on its outside. Then, Aurora slams the door shut.

Talathel's experience in dungeoneering leads him to know that anything that could take arrows like that is probably very tough--it looked like some kinds of fast healing he's seen. Further, its ability to absorb the fire earlier points to some kind of heat resistance. Lastly, its ability to shapeshift seems a bit like a mimic, although he's never heard of a poo monster mimic before.

Normally, Aurora might not take kindly to being told to "shut it" but in this case, no harm no foul. Now what would you like to do? There's the hallway to the south...


p.s. the desk is now propped against the door


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:Heightened Awareness, Barkskin, Antiplague, Antitoxin, Vermin Repellent, and Mutagen: 60 minutes each.

Bedlam takes out some chalk and draws a stinky pile of poo, circles it and draws a diagonal line through it; on the door.


Wolf (6) | HP:- | AC:19 | FF:16 | T:13 | F+7; R+8; W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Mone inches hopefully away from the door - and the smell.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

"Vell... dat vaz stupid. Now vhat?"


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless

"Back down the way, then?" Aurora tilts her head to the south.


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 40/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

"That creature vaguely resembles a mimic, though much more resistant to heat and more capable of healing itself rapidly. It will be an interesting tactical challenge to work out how to slay it efficiently.", Talathel states.

"Withdrawal it is for now I imagine."


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

"Yes, south. The way we came is a dead end to us, as far as we know."


Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:72/72 AC:21 CMB:+11 CMD: 22 Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +6 Rage:17/17

At first Lolygert is amazed, thinking that perhaps his thinking about a poo-monster brought the thing to life.

Then it moved forward, and his eyes widened. With a loud guffaw, he joined Bedlam in finding the hilarity of the creature 'threatening' them, "Ah, glad I made my movement this morning!" he bellows, leaning over Bedlam, trying to help the dwarf to his feet, giggles erupting from him.

Hearing the others talking about next steps, he clears his throat, nods, and says seriously, "Yes, South."


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:Heightened Awareness, Barkskin, Antiplague, Antitoxin, Vermin Repellent, and Mutagen: 60 minutes each.

Bedlam prepares to follow the group.


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath carefully leads the way.
Stealth Underground: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Perception Underground: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23+3 for trapz


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Does it seem to be following us after we close the door?


STR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

As you leave the latrine, you find yourselves walking down a dark hallway.

WHUMP!

From behind you, you can hear the beast beating on the door.

Party Perception:

The eyes

Anzath underground: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

The aids

Adelie: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Aurora: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Bedlam (auto-assist) d20+10 [/dice: 1d6d20 + 10 ⇒ (6, 7, 19, 9, 18, 11) + 10 = 80
Talathel: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Tragershen: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

You spot a secret door to the west. The tunnel continues ahead.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

"Good find." Trag says to the one who spotted the secret door. "Let's check it out, in case we need a place to wait out that... thing."


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Czek-ing sekret door for trapz.
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29


No traps!


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:Heightened Awareness, Barkskin, Antiplague, Antitoxin, Vermin Repellent, and Mutagen: 60 minutes each.

Bedlam looks at the door.
Be no traps!

The dwarf smiles.


Human Druid (6) | HP:43/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 | Wildshaped

The dwarf's assurance is enough for Adelie. He moves forward and shoves (or tugs) on the door.


Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:72/72 AC:21 CMB:+11 CMD: 22 Fort +10 Ref +4 Will +6 Rage:17/17

Lolygert turns at the loud thump from behind, "Hmmm, seems our pile of poop packs quick a whallop....glad we're leaving it behind!"

He then turns, quite interested to see what lays beyond the door...


The secret door handle turns under Adelie's airy grasp. A dark corridor lies ahead. Those with darkvision see that the passage ends in a small room. There's a humanoid figure slouched against the far wall.

It lifts its eyes to look at the door.


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 6/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless

Aurora meanders along with the group. Not possessing darkvision, she is, so far, oblivious to the humanoid figure.

4,151 to 4,200 of 4,898 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Parrot's the Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.