GM Parrot's The Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk

Game Master parrot familiar

Google Drive for maps, loot, etc.

Adelie 50/50
Anzath 48/48
Aurora 50/50
Bedlam 57/57 (1 negative level)
Lolly 60/60
Moneduloides
Talathel 40/40
Tragershen 30/30

Date: Augusta 30


5,001 to 5,038 of 5,038 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>

Wolf (6) | HP:32/32 | AC:19 | FF:16 | T:13 | F+7; R+8; W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Mone does her best to maintain her grip on the enchanted druid.
Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Also rolling Perception just in case she’s close enough to the clearing to hear/smell anything
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

The music is the most beautiful sound Adelie has ever heard. He needs to get closer and never leave it. Nothing else matters. He wriggles and twists desperately.

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 5/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless, Divine Favor, Divine Vessel

The cleric considers the harpy's words carefully...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

... there are chicks present...


Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Aurora believes the harpies.

Other players: click here if you roll Sense Motive higher than 22:
The harpies are born liars, but they are telling mostly the truth here. Their main concern is keeping their chicks safe. They do have treasure. But their intention to reward you for your services is questionable.

Wind direction, Mone smells harpies on a 4: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Mone smells harpy because they live here and they smell awful. The scent matches most of the guano piles from earlier. The lions are upwind. Mone keeps a strong hold on Adelie out by the trail.


Edit: Mone smells lions on a 4


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 17/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Hmm. The harpies indeed just want themselves and their chicks safe. But what would befall my companions afterwards?

Talathel calls out:

"Harpies! Will you let my companions gp once your chicks are safe?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


"Of course, elf! Save us and you may leave."

The harpy flashes a befanged grin down from its high perch.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Reflex: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

The dwarf eyes the Web. He grabs some stuff and applies liberally.

A smiling (invisible) and alchemical greased (but invisible) dwarf makes his way into the Web toward a Harpy tree.


The lions continue their lazy circling. The other harpy keeps up its soft and soothing tune.

Bedlam, I'm converting that Ref save into a CMB check (pass) because the Web already exists. Anzath, Aurora, Lolly, and Tragershen may act!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

Anzath joins in, singing deeply repressed lullabies in undercommon as she sways gently in her nest of sticky webs.


A lion stretches its powerful body through the strands of sticky Webbing towards Anzath, opens its mighty jaws, yawns a blast of hot breath in her face, and licks her cheek with a huge, rough tongue.

Aurora, Lolly, and Tragershen may act.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Lolygert 'Lolly' Endeferr Human Barbarian 5/Cleric 1 HP:60/60 AC:21 CMB:+9 CMD: 22 Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +4 Rage:17/17

Lolygert pauses in his shuffling dance, noticing the fun Anzath and the lions were having in the webbing.

With a shout he launches himself back-first into the soft embrace of the magical webs, hoisting his flagon high so no drops are lost.
Once ensconced, he attempts to bring the drink to his lip, but just laughs as his whole arm is trapped, only allowing him to bring the drink mere inches from his lips.


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

He says to the harpies "Then when we say, release your song's hold."

Trag will cast (using his bonded object casting) slow on the six lions. DC 17 will save will negate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

If I may, the lions should be easy pickins while they're still entranceled.


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 5/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless, Divine Favor, Divine Vessel

Grasping her holy symbol in one hand, Aurora lofts it up and utters a blessing over the group.

Bless — Each ally within 50ft. gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for the next 6 minutes.

She then makes her way towards the edge of the webbing, mace still in her other hand, and ensures she is between the pride of dire lions and the squishy wizard.


Dire Lion (slow)
Dire Lion
Talathel
Dire Lion
Anzath
Aurora
Lolly
Bedlam
Tragershen
Dire Lion
Dire Lion
Harpy
Dire Lion (slow)
Adelie and Mone
Harpy

The dopey dire lions now have to contend with Tragershen slowing them down...

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Most of the lions are already so... relaxed... that the spell can't stick to them.

Adelie and Mone may act!


Wolf (6) | HP:32/32 | AC:19 | FF:16 | T:13 | F+7; R+8; W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
As Mone strains to hear the rest of the party, her grip on Adelie weakens.


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Adelie twists and wriggles free of his companion’s jaws and gleefully charges towards the source of the music.


The singing harpy sings. Her voice sounds like it will never get tired.

One lion sways to the music in perfect time. The other sways precisely half as fast, and somehow it is also perfect time, just Slower.

Talathel may act!


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 17/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Talathel suddenly sprints, branched spear forward and grim expression on his face. He aims for the lion nearest Anzath, spear tips aimed for deadly purpose!

CHARGE! with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 23

Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

AC at 19 for this turn with charge

AOO:

Stab! with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Stab! with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Stab! with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Stab! with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Stab! with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Stab! with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Stab! with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11


Which Lion does he get? Counting down initiative to see if it is slow or not.: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Talathel plunges his spear into the flank of a dire lion. It glares at him, roaring in pain.

Its fellow dire lion continues its dance at the bottom of the tree.


Dire Lion (slow)
Dire Lion vs Tal d8
Talathel
Dire Lion
Anzath
Aurora
Lolly
Bedlam
Tragershen
Dire Lion
Dire Lion
Harpy
Dire Lion (slow)
Adelie and Mone
Harpy

Anzath, Aurora, Bedlam, Lolly, and Tragershen may act!


Male Elven Wizard (Diviner, Foresight) 6 | HP 38 | AC:18 | FF:14 | T:13 | CMB:+3 | CMD:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+ | Will:+6 | Init:+10 | Perc +0 | St:+3 |

Tragershen begins to cast a spell, summoning some muscle to help deal with the lions.

Casting summon monster III to bring in 1d3 ⇒ 2 giant worker ants.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Bedlam begins to coat the Harpy Tree with Blasting Jelly.


I guess it's really mostly Aurora's move, now!


Female Human Cleric of Nethys 6 | 56/56 HP | AC 22, T 12 , FF 20, CMD 19 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +10 | Init +1 | Perception +3 | 6/6 Channel Energy; 5/6 Divine Vessel; 1/1 Magical Epiphany | Active Effects: Bless, Divine Favor, Divine Vessel

Holy symbol still in hand, Aurora casts a spell upon herself, uttering a quiet prayer. A spark of pale energy flares out to her nearby allies.

Divine Favor — +2 Luck bonus on Aurora's attack and weapon damage rolls for the next 6 minutes.
Divine Vessel — This boon grants allies within 15ft. a +2 bonus on the next attack roll, skill check, or ability check made before the end of their next turn.

"I think we are ready for you to dismiss the webbing, Tragershen!"


Anz and Lol continue to danz and loll, the dire lions purr and growl, the harpy cheers on Talathel, "Yes! Kill it! Kill!"

Adelie and Mone may act!


Human Druid (6) | HP:50/50 | AC:17 | FF:15 | T:12 | F+7; R+3; W+9 | Init +1 | Perc +10 |

Adelie continues his dash towards the source of the music, running straight into the webbing at the base of the harpy tree.
CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

He struggles feebly against the webs, but is unable to reach the tree.


Wolf (6) | HP:32/32 | AC:19 | FF:16 | T:13 | F+7; R+8; W+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Active Effects: -

Mone is close behind Adelie, but she doesn’t enter the webs. The entire situation has only become more confusing after reaching the others. She glares suspiciously at the lions.


The massive Dire Lion turns to Talathel and roars in the elf's face. It bursts through Tragershen's magic as effortlessly as a kitten moving through a cobweb, moving five feet closer to the warrior.

It tries to pick up the elf with his mouth:

Bite+Grab: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Despite his headlong rush, Talathel manages to escape the Bite by a whisker.

Two enormous paws next:

Claw Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 251d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Talathel takes 23 damage as the short-sword-sized claws of the big cat rip through his armor.


Dire Lion (slow)
Dire Lion vs Tal d8
Talathel
Dire Lion
Anzath
Aurora
Lolly
Bedlam
Tragershen
Dire Lion
Dire Lion
Harpy
Dire Lion (slow)
Adelie and Mone
Harpy

Talathel may act!


F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

But they can only act defensively?


Rule said: "Captivated creatures can take no actions other than to defend themselves." I think that whomping someone who stabs you counts as self-defense!


Male LN Elf Fighter 6 (Lore Warden, Martial Master) | HP: 17/40| AC: 21 (16 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +10/+13, CMD: 25 | F +5, R +7, W +6 | Init: +7 | Per +8, SM +2, Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: None | Active conditions: Not plagued! (to the best of his knowledge)

Talathel calls over to Aurora as he steps back, away from the dire lion:

"Aurora, I am injured. I would appreciate healing once you have an opportunity."

Talathel then resumes his assault!

5ft step away from dire lion, full attack as it is still within spear range. AC back to 21.

Stab with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

Stab with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 - 5 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

AOO:

Stab with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12

Stab with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12

Stab with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Stab with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Stab with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

Stab with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 = 33
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

Stab with bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11


Talathel's flashing spear gashes the beast. But he is losing ground.

Self-defense may not include pursuit...

The next dire lion is absolutely oblivious to its packmate's fate. It shimmies.

Aurora, Tragershen, and Bedlam may act! Anzath and Lolly are still dancin'.


Male Dwarf Alchemist [Grenadier] 6 Initiative+6 Hp 57/57 AC 22/18 Fort+9, Ref+9, Will+5 (+3 spells, sp, poison)Perception+10/+12(+2 stone) Active:

Bedlam applies another Blasting Jelly to the Harpy Tree.

The dwarf then walks over to the Wizard.
Be you hav'n un fire spell ta be aiming at dat Harpy Tree?


CMB to move through Web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Bedlam manages to escape Tragershen's magic and ask his question as planned.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F half-elf Slayer 5/TWW 1 | AC19 T13 FF17 (+2 vs Traps) | HP 48/48 | F +7 R +6 (+8 vs Traps) W +2 | Init +4 (+6 UG) | Perc +12 (+14 UG)(+3 for traps) (DV 60ft, LB) Active Effects:

A spark of recognition flashes in Anzath's eye as Talathel's spear whistles passed her. However, she compulsively continues to sing and snuggle herself in the nest of webs.

5,001 to 5,038 of 5,038 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Parrot's the Ferry and the Depths: Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.