GM Jammin's Serpent's Skull (Inactive)

Game Master YanJieming

Map


251 to 300 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Oh, that sounds like it's going to be interesting. I'm interested to see where this goes.

Yanistah:
Seeing that there is no land directly north of this beach, and that you are in a natural cove, it seems pretty apparant that you are on the northern shore of the knife like arm of the island.

Compare to the map on roll20 and it should be fairly apparent. If not I can mark the map later today.

Vazio wrote:
I believe we found your belongings on the ship. They are over there in that footlocker. Is it true that you are one of the faithful of Nethys? I myself am a devotee of the All Seeing Eye. How is it you came to work for the Sargavan government?

Thank you very much. Jask moves over and begins pulling his things out and arranging them on his person. I am indeed a devotee of Nethys. How some come to be choosing other paths of pursuit is sometimes beyond me. He smiles at the halfling, As for the Sargavan government--to be truthful--it is one of those things that simply happened. I had the necessary clerical skills and an opportunity to take the position. I became a devotee of Nethys while on the run. And you? How do you come here?

Xabala:
I jsut realized I forgot to identify those potions for you.

The pouch contained four potions Cure Light Wounds, one potion Cure Moderate Wounds, four potions Lesser Restoration, one potion Remove Disease, one potion Water Breathing and one potion Water Walking.


"I like were this is going." Lalaru is wearing an equally sky grin as she happily hands the manacles over.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"If you insist. Just don't push yourself too hard, for the sake of us all. I'd prefer not to be the only healer in the group if I can help it; it's not wise to work without backup."

With that issue addressed, they can get to work. Removing several helpful tools from his satchel, such as a motar, pestel, and miniature scale, Eizzach begins crafting the bodybalm with assistance from Xabala and Bindi.

A bad roll here could botch the item, and with my skill bonus (+10), my alchemist class level bonus (+1), and the +6 from you and Bindi means that, assuming the DC remains 25 for the bodybalm, I can craft it successfully if I take 10 on the Craft (alchemy) check.

Taking 10 on Craft (alchemy): 10 + 11 + 6 = 27


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

@GM Jammin' Gotcha. Looking at the d20 map it was already pretty clear we were at its northern border, that was just me trying to keep in-game and out-of-game knowledge separated ;) Other than that

Yanistah looks with no little curiosity at Malthu borrowing Jask's manacles from Lalaru, wondering what he's plotting.


Crafting Details:
Bodybalm cost in sp=250
Crafting DC=25
Check ResultxCrafting DC=25x27=675 for a week's progress.
675/7=96.4...
250-96=154 left

I will assume you take the rest of the day to do this. There may be interuptions, but I will post the narative about your crafting when we get to day end.

Just to let everyone know about where we are, you got back from the ship around 9 am. Took about four hours for funerals and camp, then a few other miscelanious things. It's now about 2 in the afternoon.


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

I forgot about the potions too. Consider Xabala to have mentioned them to the party when they were discovered, before we got back. Others can take a peek at the spoiler up there.

re: Crafting:
Something I forgot to mention as I didn't realize it was relevant. Bindi's participation, thanks to the Cooperative Crafting feat means that we 'double the value of items that can be crafted in a single day'. If my interpretation is correct, I think that means that things go faster so we could be about 57 sp out now.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

To Jask: My story is similar. I, too, was on the run when the All-Seeing Eye turned his gaze upon me. He managed to help me get out of a sticky situation.

At this, Vazio holds up his wrists, showing the man the scars that he bears from being clasped in chains most of his life.

Since that night, when he appeared to me, I've been on the run from the Chelish officials. I found passage on this boat to Sargava. I figured that would be far enough away that I would be safe. I never figured on the captain running us into a reef, though.

After helping set up camp, Vazio collapses into a shady spot, hoping the heat will abate at some point.


I'm back, but I'll wait to see if Malthu posts what's happening with the manacles before moving on. Worst case scenario, I move us on later today and we sort of Retcon what happens with the manacles when Malthu can post.


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

Having obtained the manacles, he heads over to Sasha. He keeps the locks hidden for the moment.

"Sasha, a word. You have previously exhibited no inclination to help with our survival. That is unacceptable. You have a choice, help or be made prisonor in place of Jask. There will be no more of this whiney attitude, and you will help."

He takes a solitary step closer to emphasize his meaning.

"Am I clear?"


"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold the f~&~ up! I do not condone this in the slightest, if she doesn't want to help us I'm not gonna be a part of forcing her to do otherwise. Give me back my manacles you tight assed bastard!" Her face and voice flaring she angrily slithers over to Malthu to pry the manacles from him.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

"Admittedly, I don't know much about Sarenrae - but would you really think she would condone one of her followers playing judge, jury and executioner? Our situation is pretty dire, I'll concede that, but I fail to see how forcing people to co-operate against their will would improve it. Don't let your past catch up with you, Malthu"

Since you told me at the very beginning of the campaign that Malthu had told Yanistah a bit of his past while they were rigging together, I took the liberty to read your background. If you don't feel this is something Malthu would have shared, please disregard the last sentence

Her voice is calm and reasonable, but from the tension building up in her muscles it's pretty evident how such an act would pretty much clash against everything she believes in.


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

"Fine." he says as he flings the manacles back at Lalaru.

Malthu looks over at Yani.

"We are in a situation that warrants us working together. This isn't personal, it's survival. When someone works against the rest of us it is more than hard, it's untenable. When our continued living is at stake I will do what is needed. If that means keeping this little girl in line who should have been helping, I will do it."

"She doesn't have to stay if she doesn't want to, but she will help if she does. I am not working to feed someone who doesn't earn their keep. It's only right."


Catching the manacles without breaking eye contact she'll hold out her other arm and sternly begin raising her fingers. "One. She is not working against us, she simply isn't working with us because she doesn't trust us, which YOU have just made worse. Two. If your idea of survival is to put others into slavery then you can just go to your own part of the island and not deal with people period. Three. You might not like it and you can withhold any supplies you gather but I refuse to endanger or starve any of us just because we don't all get along yet. Four. If you ever, ever try anything this asinine again there will be repercussions, do you understand me?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Yani lowers her eyes and smiles at the peaceful resolution of the conflict.

"You know I fully agree with your ends, Malthu, even though I can't say the same about your means. If she doesn't want to stay, she'll leave. In the meantime, I'll take it upon myself to work a little harder so that everyone is fed"


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Vazio watches the interplay between Sasha, Malthu, and Lalaru with some interest. He tenses up when the tiefling mentions imprisonment, but relaxes a bit when the mermaid objects vociferously.

Well, she can't be all bad, if she objects to clapping anyone in chains.

After things have cooled down a bit, Vazio mentions to Malthu: While I don't condone your approach, I do somewhat share your sentiments. If that human does not wish to help us survive, so be it. We should not force her. But that also means she chooses not to receive any benefits of our efforts. If the tall one... Vazio points to Yani ... wishes to pull the load for the dead weight, that's her choice as well. A foolish choice, but hers to make.

Personally, I think the manacles should be tossed into the sea. Although, with a mermaid around, I suppose even that won't get rid of them.


Sasha looks at Malthu, fire burning in her eyes. As far as helping you . . . we'll see about that. But I will not do it under your command. She waits until Malthu leaves, then looks at Yanistah and Lalaru, Look, I may . . . have been hasty. I'll help, but try to keep him out of my way for now. She fingers her rapier, looking around. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have someone else to . . . talk to.

Sasha approaches Nichelle. I think I need to . . . What I mean to say . . . Sasha shuffles her feet, looking at everything but Nichelle. After a few moments she looks up smiling, You are such a brat.

GM Rolls:
Lalaru Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 4 = 26
Yanistah Assist: 1d20 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 4 = 5

A little later Jask approaches the group, We have built the camp, but if we want to survive, we may want to assign some jobs for those who can help. Vazio has spoken of exploring, but I am not so much for that. I can however spend my days searching out food and water or healing people.

One by one each of the others offers their help as well.

Mechanics for Campsite Roles:
There are five roles that can be taken (by NPC or PC):

Defender: A defender works to set traps, shore up a shelter’s walls, and see to the safety of the campsite. They allow damage to be done to any creatures attacking the camp before the battle.

Entertainer: Keeps the groups morale up, providing bonuses to Will saves for Morale (specifically effects NPC's).

Guard: Watches for creatures approaching and discourages them from attacking the camp. (Reduces chance of random encounters).

Hunter: Finds food and water for the party.

Medic: Increases health points healed overnight, and decreases chance for disease.

Jask can serve as Hunter or Medic
Gelik can serve as Medic or Entertainer
Ishirou can serve as Guard or Defender
Sasha can serve as Hunter or Defender
Aerys can serve as Guard or Entertainer


GM Jammin' wrote:
Sasha approaches Nichelle. I think I need to . . . What I mean to say . . . Sasha shuffles her feet, looking at everything but Nichelle. After a few moments she looks up smiling, You are such a brat.

Nichelle laughing happily was a natural response to the smiling Sasha, and before she could think to manage some sort of decorum, she was up on her feet and hugging Sasha tightly. Seconds later, she remembered her manners and froze, letting go of her and looking a bit sheepish. "Um, sorry.." making a show of composing herself, the smile that danced in her eyes and curved the corners of her mouth was irrepressible. "Ahem-- Non-spoken apology accepted." She tried to keep a sober mein, but that was a foregone conclusion, happy that she had the start of a friendship.

"I'm not going to be mad at you for feeling how you do about the Red Mantis, as I'm guessing there's a lot there, I can tell." She looked away and chewed her lip as she fidgeted slightly. "Just don't lump me in with them just because my stopover was at a-- umm.. 'less than civil' location, pretty please?" tentatively, she looked back up at Sasha, not quite comfortable with the treading on of uncomfortable subjects.*

"Pirate, I'm mostly okay with, though." The grin on her face was full of imagination as she mimed drawing a sword, and waving it around, surreptitiously making sure that Aerys could hear what she was saying. "I could be 'The Dread Pirate--' hm." In what was becoming her usual way, she got distracted with her declaration. "Um.. 'The Dread Pirate Nichelle' doesn't exactly work, but.. Oooh! 'Black Braid Crassior' could work!"

Realizing that she was getting carried away, she stopped, and calmed down. "Right. Tending alchemy." She sat back down and turned back to the simmering goo in one bottle. "You're welcome to keep me company if you like."
_________________
*Oh dear dice lords, don't let me fail this Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24check... Whew!

Nichelle will easily volunteer for the role of Entertainer, maybe Guard.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Does taking a particular role prevent a character from doing anything else (i.e exploring, which I think is what the AP is requiring from us) for the whole day? Anyway, Yanistah would apply for defender. Also, I only now realize we've been sweating all day without having anything to drink - I would now make a survival roll (separate from campsite mechanics) to see if she could find some source of fresh water nearby

Her throat parched from all the sweating she did setting up camp, Yanistah states her intention to go looking for some source of fresh water.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Other than that, I'll just make a quick summary of Yani's actions for the rest of the day

********************************************************************

Later, to Lalaru:
Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"That was... a side of yours I wasn't quite expecting to see, Lalaru. Though back in Magnimar they used to say there's a sting behind every Calistrian's honeyed tongue, and you surely proved that adage right today."

********************************************************************

Once evening approaches and the scorching heat has subsided a bit, Yanistah can be found performing calisthenics and striking against a tree trunk while muttering some mantras in Celestial - part of her daily obedience to her celestial Patroness. As she sees Aerys Mavato standing nearby, she briefly stops to greet her.

"Miss Mavato, right? We haven't been seeing much of you on the Jenivere after your scuffle with that sailor. Nicely done, by the way. You should teach me a couple of your fighting tricks one of these days"


Sorry, yes. Those benefits come after 8 hours work. You need not work at a role every day (or even ever if you decide not to) and multiple people working the same role can have additional benefits--to a point.


GM Rolls:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
1d100 ⇒ 692d20 ⇒ (20, 8) = 28
1d100 ⇒ 39
1d100 ⇒ 89

Aerys stares and Nichelle, forehead creased. Finally she shakes her head moving away. Sasha laughs and rejoins her friend. She sits down nearby, a manic smile on her face as she jokes with Nichelle.

Yanistah is able to find a small fresh water pool nearby.

Aerys looks at Yanistah appraisingly. You seem to be doing fine yourself as it is. She moves a little closer, You wouldn't happen to have anything to drink, would you?

As the heat starts to abate, a heavy rain starts to fall. It lasts a little over two hours, but for the most part things are quiet. Eizzach and Xabala make excellent progress on their bodybalm. Most people rest and recover from the huge ordeal that was last night. Night eventually begins to fall. A fire is lit in the center of camp, and people begin preparing to sleep.

Feel free to roleplay whatever during that time. Also discuss whether any watch will be set up and how it would work.


To Yani:

"I just really didn't like being involved in that scheme, especially unknowingly. You should only bind actual criminals... or people who ask you to."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
GM Jammin' wrote:

Yanistah is able to find a small fresh water pool nearby.

Aerys looks at Yanistah appraisingly. You seem to be doing fine yourself as it is. She moves a little closer, You wouldn't happen to have anything to drink, would you?

"I've found a small pool of water nearby - I don't think it's enough for all of us to draw from in the long term, but for now it should suffice. Here, follow me"

Yanistah would share her discovery with everyone else eventually. In the long run, would we be able to rely on Yask casting purify food and water on seawater now that he's regained his holy symbol, GM Jammin'?

She would also volunteer to take first watch. Other than that, shouldn't characters with darkvision or low-light vision be the obvious choices here? *Stares at Malthu and Eizzach <.< >.>


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

I only now get the feeling that she might have been meaning she wanted some booze. D'oh. I can't edit anymore, so,

Seeing the half-elf woman making no actual move to follow her, Yani suddenly realizes the true meaning of her request.

"Unless it's another kind of thirst you'd like to quench. In that case, you're in luck. We found a bottle of brandy in the captain's office, back on the Jenivere. I think Lalaru might have claimed some sort of dibs on it though - not that asking ever hurt anybody"

Yani would then proceed to ask Lalaru about the brandy


"Ooh I almost forgot about that, we could do body shots!"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Aaaand our little holiday resort is now complete ;) Eizzach, Xabala, how are those margaritas bodybalms coming?


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Vazio volunteers for the middle watch shift.

I'll be up at that time anyways.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7
Yanistah "Yani" Stands-Tall wrote:
Aaaand our little holiday resort is now complete ;) Eizzach, Xabala, how are those margaritas bodybalms coming?

We're still waiting to see, but even if you pour one in a glass and salt the rim, I'm betting that it's going to taste odd.


Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
Yanistah "Yani" Stands-Tall wrote:
Aaaand our little holiday resort is now complete ;) Eizzach, Xabala, how are those margaritas bodybalms coming?
We're still waiting to see, but even if you pour one in a glass and salt the rim, I'm betting that it's going to taste odd.

Not if you do it Wakamezake style!


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

But... but... from the waist down you're... *confused*


Yanistah "Yani" Stands-Tall wrote:
But... but... from the waist down you're... *confused*

Well obviously I can't be the one to do it, I'll just have to settle for being one of the drinkers.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

You martyr ;)


It is a burden I must bear and make due with Nyotaimori... Until one of casters gets Fins to Feet :3


Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
We're still waiting to see, but even if you pour one in a glass and salt the rim, I'm betting that it's going to taste odd.
GM Jammin' wrote:
stuff . . . Eizzach and Xabala make excellent progress on their bodybalm. . . . stuff

It is not complete, but nearly so. You will need another day's (or partial thereof) work to complete it.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

For a moment, the word Nyotaimori in relation to a merfolk conjured the most horrible image in my mind... Ok, I will now stop cluttering the gameplay thread.

GM Jammin', if it's okay with you (and with everyone else, of course), can we say it's evening, Yani, Lalaru and Aerys are enjoying some brandy, Eizzach, Xabala and Nichelle are working on their alchemical concoctions while the other NPCs are carrying out the roles Eizzach suggested?


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

For the record, that image being what you would get by googling "mermaid sushi"

"So" Yani concludes, passing the flask to Aerys Mavato, "this is the story of how I managed to flee from Magnimar with just my life and the clothes I was wearing. Now, how come a lone, half-elven woman - and a self-admitted piratess to boot - boarded a merchant ship en route to Sargava?"


What?!?! Nope nope nope, body sushi, not mermaid sushi. Differance!*shudders*
"I knew they rigged those fights! I knew it!"


GM Jammin' wrote:

tuff . . . Night eventually begins to fall. A fire is lit in the center of camp, and people begin preparing to sleep.

Feel free to roleplay whatever during that time. Also discuss whether any watch will be set up and how it would work.

It has been evening. So far for the night, the only thing that has been discussed is Yani will take first watch and Vazio middle. Did anyone else want a watch? Is anyone doing anything else or should I just fast-forward to morning?

Aerys nods, taking a long drink from the bottle. I am going--was going--to meet my mentor in Eleder. I hope to one day own my own ship . . . She sighs, looking out into the darkening sky.


Lalaru might be convinced to take a shift, if someone can convince her, the thought of her taking a watch hadn't even crossed her mind. At this point she's just wanting her beauty sleep :3


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:

What?!?! Nope nope nope, body sushi, not mermaid sushi. Differance!*shudders*

"I knew they rigged those fights! I knew it!"

I know! Just... mental associations. Figured that would still technically count as Nyotaimori.

"Eh... To be frank, I knew that too. What I didn't know was how to swallow my pride, I figure."

GM Jammin' wrote:
GM Jammin' wrote:

tuff . . . Night eventually begins to fall. A fire is lit in the center of camp, and people begin preparing to sleep.

Feel free to roleplay whatever during that time. Also discuss whether any watch will be set up and how it would work.

It has been evening. So far for the night, the only thing that has been discussed is Yani will take first watch and Vazio middle. Did anyone else want a watch? Is anyone doing anything else or should I just fast-forward to morning?

Aerys nods, taking a long drink from the bottle. I am going--was going--to meet my mentor in Eleder. I hope to one day own my own ship . . . She sighs, looking out into the darkening sky.

Sorry GM Jammin'! You're obviously right. I must have gotten lost into my personal timeline - such are the woes of having 7 stories advancing in parallel. We still have one watch to cover, don't we? We might want to wait for Malthu or Eizzach to volunteer, in that case.

"You're still going to meet him - or her, Miss Mavato. We're going to escape from this wretched island - somehow"


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"And sooner rather than later, hopefully."

Eizzach stops fiddling with his satchel and leans in to warm his hands by the fire.

"I'll take last watch if it's alright with everyone. I could use the time in the early morning to prepare my extracts anyway."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"And sooner rather than later, hopefully."

Yanistah nods vehemently at Eizzach's words. "Tomorrow we should start exploring, see if there's some way out of Smuggler's Shiv. Perhaps from the interior we'll get a better view of the surroundings. Whoever killed Ramabar Terillo and poisoned us is also likely to be afoot somewhere on the island, seeing how both the Jenivere and its lifeboat are hardly seaworthy, to say the least. We're sitting ducks if we just stay here, waiting for some help that might never come" she says, pointing their current location on Lalaru's map with her finger.

"And what about you, Master Eizzach? You look like someone who must have quite a few stories to tell about his adventures."

*********************************************************************

Later, during her watch, Yanistah finds herself pondering about her condition, lulled by her fellow castaway's soft snoring as she watches the silvery patterns the moon's drawing upon the waves.

Until a couple of months ago, I though Falayna's calling simply wanted me to become a fighter in the arena. How empty feel those glories now. Perhaps the true test of my worth is going to be here, on this island, with these people.

Going to drop a perception check just in case

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

"I think I will need to rest. This day's activities have taken their toll. If it is needed, however, I may be able to join Eizzach during the last watch. After my rest, it becomes time for Bindi and I to commune with the Elements."


GM Rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d100 ⇒ 34
1d100 ⇒ 26
1d100 ⇒ 77
1d100 ⇒ 85
1d100 ⇒ 18
1d7 ⇒ 3

Aerys smiles, I appreciate the sentiment. And indeed I hope we do. She looks at the bottle in her hand and shakes her head, Now might be a good . . . Nevermind. Aerys sits silently for a small time longer. Finally she hands the bottle over to Lalaru or Yanistah, Look. It's been pretty bad for me this day. And it's not gonna get better. She looks at the confused faces around her, sets her jaw points to the bottle and continues, I needed a drink for more than just nerves. I gotta stop, but it's . . . it's tough. I need some help. I've heard tales of some berries. Their from something called viper nettle. Supposedly they help with things like that. They grow in places like this. . . . Do you think you might be able to--to keep an eye out for some? She looks up hopefully at those around her.

**************

She doesn't notice it at first, but as Yanistah watches the silvery patterns in the waves they slowly change to a glowing green. As she looks closer, watching the glowing waves, she can see a irridescent humanoid shape in the waves floating calmly on the waves.

[spoiler=Yanistah]After you finally go to sleep, you have troubling dreams. You are back on the Jenivere, hanging your head over the side rail, your stomach doing flips. The water is up to your ankles on the deck. You turn around and Captain Kovack is there, holding a spoon. He hands it to you and orders you to begin scooping the water out. You scoop and scoop, but the water keeps coming until you're burried. You wake in the soft glow of morning light.[spoiler]

The rest of the night passes peacefully, the waves continue to glow throughout, and from time to time other bodies can be seen, sometimes thrashing, sometimes floating calmly. Morning comes and you all begin to wake.


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Xabala ponders Aerys' predicament thinking on the viper nettle she mentioned or other plants that could be helpful. "I may be able to help identify and prepare such a plant, should it be found on this isle. Perhaps our first exploratory foray can be towards a likely location where they may grow."

Viper nettle or other such things that can help with what presumably is alcohol addiction.
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 +1 if this thing is considered 'jungle'


"Yeah, we'll find it no problem!"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
GM Jammin' wrote:
Aerys smiles, I appreciate the sentiment. And indeed I hope we do. She looks at the bottle in her hand and shakes her head, Now might be a good . . . Nevermind. Aerys sits silently for a small time longer. Finally she hands the bottle over to Lalaru or Yanistah, Look. It's been pretty bad for me this day. And it's not gonna get better. She looks at the confused faces around her, sets her jaw points to the bottle and continues, I needed a drink for more than just nerves. I gotta stop, but it's . . . it's tough. I need some help. I've heard tales of some berries. Their from something called viper nettle. Supposedly they help with things like that. They grow in places like this. . . . Do you think you might be able to--to keep an eye out for some? She looks up hopefully at those around her.

Yani lets Lalaru grab the bottle, instead opting to put a hand on Aerys' shoulder. "You're a tough woman, Aerys... But even the strongest among us can use some help from time to time. You've heard Xabala and Lalaru, should we happen to find some of those berries, we'll make sure to fetch them back."

**************

GM Jammin' wrote:
She doesn't notice it at first, but as Yanistah watches the silvery patterns in the waves they slowly change to a glowing green. As she looks closer, watching the glowing waves, she can see a iridescent humanoid shape in the waves floating calmly on the waves.

Torn between the instinct to give the alarm and the curiosity to investigate the strange phenomenon further, Yani eventually realizes the ghostly apparition does not appear to be harmful - though the realization doesn't prevent a cold shiver from running down her spine.

Xabala saying this place is haunted was no exaggeration after all. The sooner we get away from it, the better.

GM Jammin' wrote:
Yanistah:
After you finally go to sleep, you have troubling dreams. You are back on the Jenivere, hanging your head over the side rail, your stomach doing flips. The water is up to your ankles on the deck. You turn around and Captain Kovack is there, holding a spoon. He hands it to you and orders you to begin scooping the water out. You scoop and scoop, but the water keeps coming until you're buried. You wake in the soft glow of morning light.

"It's... it's too much... too much water... Captain Kovack... we're going to drown!" Yani suddenly wakes up panting. Just then, the broad daylight and the sight of her companions waking up around her make her realize it was just a bad dream - causing her to blush in embarrassment.

GM Jammin', after 24 hours, Yanistah should have naturally healed her 1 point of Constitution damage, +1 hp for the night's rest, putting her at 9/10 hp right?


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Vazio takes his turn at watch. He spends most of the time staring off in to space. If anyone were to wake briefly, they would hear him muttering in a low voice. Something about the emptiness between the stars...

*****

Once everyone awakes and takes care of their morning necessaries, he states to the group:

Our next order of business should be to find some higher ground. It would be good to get the lay of the land, and, hopefully, from a taller vantage point we can spot something that might be useful to our situation.

Vazio has 2 hp non-lethal damage and 1 hp regular. I believe that all should heal overnight.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7
Yanistah "Yani" Stands-Tall wrote:
"And what about you, Master Eizzach? You look like someone who must have quite a few stories to tell about his adventures."

"Oh, I've been abound here and there, through I do my best to keep me nose clean--pass that flask over here, will you darlin'--"

He pauses to take a swig and wipe his mouth clean on his coat sleeve.

"That's the stuff--anyways, I'm more of a background character in my own adventures. That is, I stand in the background and patch up the more exciting folk when they get themselves all tore up through being excitable. About a year back, for instance, I did a stint with Mad Malagar's Reavers as they decided to skirt the Eye of Abendego in order to track down Quilis'qo, a kraken that lost two tentacles when it it tried to take on the Master of Gales head-on at Tempest Cay. We were under contract and..."

The gnome continues his tale on into the night as his listeners start to drift off one by one.

******************************

Vazio Tanzer wrote:

Once everyone awakes and takes care of their morning necessaries, he states to the group:

Our next order of business should be to find some higher ground. It would be good to get the lay of the land, and, hopefully, from a taller vantage point we can spot something that might be useful to our situation.

"Agreed. I'd like to know the boundaries of this island. Maybe with luck we can find someplace worth constructing a sign to show that we landed here."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
Vazio Tanzer wrote:

Once everyone awakes and takes care of their morning necessaries, he states to the group:

Our next order of business should be to find some higher ground. It would be good to get the lay of the land, and, hopefully, from a taller vantage point we can spot something that might be useful to our situation.

"Agreed. I'd like to know the boundaries of this island. Maybe with luck we can find someplace worth constructing a sign to show that we landed here."

"It seems we're all of one mind then. So - I take it we're going to follow this peninsula southward until we reach the island's main body? Or would you prefer to just scout around for the moment, make sure there are no immediate threats lurking nearby?"

We're currently at the bottom of the northernmost bay (facing north) of Smuggler's Shiv northern "arm"


Groggily raising her head to notice the others up and milling about the Merfolk disdainfully grunts before plopping back down.

251 to 300 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.