GM Jammin's Serpent's Skull (Inactive)

Game Master YanJieming

Map


51 to 100 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Yani’s pondering is cut short by a sudden ruckus that has sparked among the castaways.

They just woke up on a deserted island, and the infighting’s already begun. That doesn’t bide well.

Seeing Malthu vigorously striding to put himself between the two quarrelers, she is quick to determine his intentions and follow him.

”Malthu has the right of it, I’m afraid” she says once he is done defusing the situation, standing right behind her jet-black colleague, her arms folded. Unlike the imposing tiefling’s deep, resounding voice, she’s now speaking calmly, matter-of-factly even. ”This place has already tried to feast upon us. We start pointing fingers now, we’re just inviting it to finish the job. Chances of surviving alone are slim, I reckon… even for someone as powerful as you, Master Halfling” she concludes, casting a nervous glance on one of the sea-creatures, frozen solid by Vazio’s arcane power.

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Yani is genuinely convinced of Nichelle's innocence.

***************************************

After that, she joins Eizzach in ascertaining the other passengers' conditions, ignoring the occasional jolt of pain coming from her scratched leg. As she overhears the gnome’s analysis of the whole situation, she can’t help but chime in.

”I have to agree with you on this one, Master… Eizzach, right?” she hesitates a little, only now realizing that even though she has spent almost half a year in the company of these people, but for Malthu she would be hard-pressed to call even one of them a true acquaintance. ”I’m afraid we didn’t have much chance to interact aboard the ship. Yanistah, by the way. Rigger. Or former rigger, I should say” she added, briefly turning her gaze upon the Jenivere’s wreck.

”The tracks Malthu found are only going from the sea to the strand, and back. Not inland. At first I thought whoever was responsible for carrying us ashore was still among us, merely faking his unconsciousness. But the more I think about it, the less sense this theory makes. I think he may still be on board, as well as other survivors, perhaps. We should at least check, I guess. As soon as we make sure everyone’s alright, I’m planning on returning on board the Jenivere. I’ll ask Malthu, too, but if those scorched and frozen carcasses right there are any indication of your prowess, I must admit I’d feel a lot safer having both you and Master Vazio guarding our backs.”


As the others argue back and forth Lalaru begins to ponder aloud. "We did have a bunch of people from Mediogalti board. Perhaps one of them set this scenario up like this so that we could take part in some sort of Most Dangerous Game or some other bloodsport. It's only viable explanation I can think of for why our gear was left the way it was."


Nichelle levelled a flat look at Lalaru. "Soooooo not helping my paranoia there, lady.." The gnomes were not quite ignored after Malthu's intervention, but she refrained from agitating them for now. That knowledgeable gnome seemed like he would be a fun person to argue with.

Conforming with the introductions, she put on her best "nice to meet you" face and raised a hand in greeting. "Name's Nichelle, budding Alchemist and 'irrepressible scamp', I've been called, and it's nice to be stranded on this notorious island with all of you!" she even managed a grin, aiming for "annoyingly cheery". "I've made a mess of my clothing thanks to the things we just killed, so I'm going to go wash off in the sea!" Illustrating her words, she held up her scarf and indicated her shirt and pants. "Hope to get your names when I get ba~ack!"

With that, she began walking towards the shoreline, stripping off her armor and clothing, calling over her shoulder, "Modesty is overrated!", likely to forestall any of the protestations that might have been proffered. She took the dirtied clothing with her and spent the next few minutes washing and scrubbing at them in the seawater. Then again, she did seem to be of Varisian descent, so either her statement was a belief, or she had a method for defending herself from unwanted advances, or both. Given her actions on the ship, she was quite comfortable with herself, and if anything happened beyond the flirting that had been seen, there were no rumors. The wisdom of her choice of actions was something else, however.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Vazio's glare snaps between Nichelle and Malthu, as he ponders her explanation.

Fine. But no more "enhancements" to my food without my knowledge. Understood?

He wanders over to the gear pile to collect his belongings.

Eizzach wrote:
"And why would she poison herself along with us, especially since she came to after the rest of us? Any one of us could have ended her life, or at least tied her up before she had awoken; it would be too big a risk."

I suppose you are right. Poisoning herself does not make a lot of sense. But then again, I'm not sure how much sense that one has. ... as he watches her traipse into the water.

Eizzach wrote:
"The real questions are, if she didn't do it, who did, and why, and where are they now?"

Those are exactly the questions I was asking myself. I do not appreciate being drugged and marooned. The perpetrator will have to answer for their actions.

Getting off this bit of sand ranks high on my list right now. I suppose the wreck is as good a place as any to see if we can salvage anything.

Vazio starts to head up the beach, limping slightly due to his wounds.


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Xabala stands with Bindi sitting on her shoulder, the leaves the monkey had brought having been stuffed at her belt. She listens to the others speak of poison in the food and nods to herself. Stands to reason we were poisoned considering our position...

At the mention of Smuggler's Shiv, she raises her head, looking at the horned man, as some of her memories come to the fore. "Smuggler's Shiv? I have heard a story of this place while I was in the town known as Bloodcove, before getting into the large boat. Some say the place is haunted, and none who attemted to sail here have returned. They say, long ago, sailors from Cheliax wanted to build a house of light but they abandoned it. An old man talked about survivors of a wreck here became man-eaters, and their offspring still seek out the flesh of those who come to their shores."

"On the whole, it does not sound like an inviting place to visit."

She turns to Vazio on his mention of salvage. "Wreck? The boat is wrecked here too? So perhaps someone on the boat poisoned us and left us here yet still ended up being foiled by the waters? I am Xabala and this is Bindi," she said indicating her monkey. "Who are these others that lie here? I saw them on the ship as well. It seems they are in the same predicament as us...," she finishes as she moves up to them (the unconscious/awakening other 5) to see if they were well.


Nichelle Crassior wrote:

Nichelle, relieved that the creatures were killed seconds after she awoke, stumbled over to the other passengers to see how they fared. She recognized Aerys and Sasha, and the others she had seen around the ship, except for one of them.. Still, she went to check up on them, to see if they were still breathing.

"Wake up? C'mon, don't be dead..", Nichelle was going down the line, slapping the unconscious ones and shaking them to see if that would rouse them.

As Malthu, Nichelle, Eizzach and Yanistah attend to the other passengers, they begin to wake. Jask's chains rattle as he sits up, raising hands to his head, Wha-? What happened?

Similar questions echo up and down the line. Aerys, Ishirou, Sasha and Gelik, each wondering where they are and how they got there.

Gelik's voice speaks up after a moment, Well, it seems that where we are is a matter of opinion at the moment. So I opine that we all got really drunk, found a beach full of Calistra's faithful, and set down here to sleep off the hangover. He claps his hands together smiling impishly, It's settled, the Jenivere will be back to pick us up momentarily. He looks up at the distant ship on the rocks, and his face falls, That, or we've all gone to hell.

Lalaru wrote:
As the others argue back and forth Lalaru begins to ponder aloud. "We did have a bunch of people from Mediogalti board. Perhaps one of them set this scenario up like this so that we could take part in some sort of Most Dangerous Game or some other bloodsport. It's only viable explanation I can think of for why our gear was left the way it was."
Nichelle wrote:
Nichelle levelled a flat look at Lalaru. "Soooooo not helping my paranoia there, lady.."

Nor mine, Sasha speaks up from the ground. She looks suspiciously at both Nichelle and Lalaru, finally settling on Nichelle. Did she send you? I'm sure she did, that would be just like- she cuts off. Nevermind. Sasha settles down into a sulky silence.


"Oh, how rude of me. I am Lalaru Thalassa, simple Calistrian entertainer and most certainly not the Master Villain behind our current predicament." As she speaks she lifts a gold necklace off from her chest, three daggers circled against each other with little dolphin charms hanging off the edges.


Xabala Kybwa'ka wrote:
"Who are these others that lie here? I saw them on the ship as well. It seems they are in the same predicament as us...," she finishes as she moves up to them (the unconscious/awakening other 5) to see if they were well.

One by one they all introduce themselves. I am Gelik Aberwhinge, says the blonde gnome he begins muttering some strange words and brushes himself off. More of the dirt comes off than would seem possible. In moments he is completely clean excepting the ink stains still on his fingers. Storyteller, adventurer, Pathfinder and Gnome extraordinaire. He bows with a flourish of his hand.

The Tian man stands, not bothering to brush the sand from his legs, Ishirou. He nods towards Xabala, I too was in Bloodcove.

The tall half-elven woman in black leather pushes to her feet, I am Aerys Mavato. Grew up in the Shackles, and I have plied my hand at the country's favored trade for years.

The red-haired woman continues to sit, she smiles--though it seems more dangerous than friendly. I'm Sasha, she says simply, And I can handle myself pretty well in any situation.

Finally the dark man in shackles looks up. Jask Derindi. I was on my way to be tried and imprisoned for a crime I didn't commit. I won't hesitate to admit that I am alright with this detour.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

”The latter, I’m afraid”

Yani then proceeds to briefly summarize the events that took place while they were still unconscious, namely the creatures’ attack, as well as the small pieces of information they were able to piece together, such as the footsteps on the strand leading to and from the nearby seashore. Finally, she voices her intention to go check on the shipwreck.

From now on, I’m just going to assume every interaction is taking place in a random order as we’re all standing on the shore at earshot from each other, tending to the other passengers and trying to puzzle out what’s happened to us.

@GM Jammin’: speaking of earshot, are Sasha’s words only audible to Nichelle or is everyone nearby able to hear them?


All can hear. She doesn't speak quietly.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
As the others argue back and forth Lalaru begins to ponder aloud. "We did have a bunch of people from Mediogalti board. Perhaps one of them set this scenario up like this so that we could take part in some sort of Most Dangerous Game or some other bloodsport. It's only viable explanation I can think of for why our gear was left the way it was."
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"Oh, how rude of me. I am Lalaru Thalassa, simple Calistrian entertainer and most certainly not the Master Villain behind our current predicament." As she speaks she lifts a gold necklace off from her chest, three daggers circled against each other with little dolphin charms hanging off the edges.

"Our merfolk performer. Even though I don't recall having seen much of you during our voyage, yours is surely a difficult sight to forget. I must confess, I had never seen one of your kind before you boarded the Jenivere." Yani says, closely examining the exotic woman, an opportunity she has lacked as long as they were on the ship.

She's fit and graceful, that's for sure. Even for a dancer.

"Glad to see you've made it, Lady Lalaru. I suspect we might soon be in sore need of someone capable of lifting our spirits. Yanistah, or just Yani for short. Former apprentice gladiatrix, former rigger, current castaway."

She then takes a few steps away from the group, beckoning for Lalaru to do the same.

Lalaru of perception DC 17:
"For what is worth, I don't think we have a Master Villain within our ranks." she whispers. "What was that you said before about people from Mediogalti having set us up as preys to be hunted, though? It surely struck a chord in our Sasha there."

Sasha wrote:
Did she send you? I'm sure she did, that would be just like- she cuts off. Nevermind. Sasha settles down into a sulky silence.


Happily following along after the Shoanti Lalaru will give her thoughts.

To Yani:
"Pleasure to meet you miss Yani. And I've only heard stories coming from the brave, the drunk, and the crazed so take it with a grain of salt... Not beach salt mind you. They say, and they say this a lot so it starts to add some prominence if these stories keep strong for this long, that bloodthirsty pirates from the Shackles would kidnap people and then release them into the jungles to hunt them. For fun. Sometimes the Red Mantis would do the same, but to train their recruits in finding and eliminating multiple elusive targets within a time limit. Sasha might be a failed recruit. It would explain her jumpyness."


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

"I am Malthu." the large tiefling says simply.

Malthu keeps one eye on Sasha as she seems quite likely to cause problems. That and the prisonor.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:

Happily following along after the Shoanti Lalaru will give her thoughts.

** spoiler omitted **

Lalaru:
"Well, if that's what's happening here, they'll soon discover I'd rather be the hunter rather than the hunted" the tall Shoanti warrioress says, a fierce light glowing in her eyes, if only for a moment.

Quickly regaining her composure, now with the slightest hint of a smile on her lips she adds "Regardless, my thanks, Lady Lalaru. We should keep an eye on Sasha. I'm curious however about the question she asked Nichelle. Did she sent you? I don't think our bubbly alchemist is involved in all of this, though she might still harbor some secrets. At the very least, stripping naked while alone among a bunch of strangers makes her either very foolish or very confident. And from what you told me about Mediogalti, foolish people are not likely to survive long there"

She then privately tells Malthu of her suspicions about Sasha and what Lalaru told her regarding Shackles pirates and Red Mantis assassins sometimes setting up similar situations as a way to test their recruits.

"I personally don't believe that, but it might be worth checking. Most importantly, you did a commendable job in defusing our previous situation, but I'm afraid we might soon all be at each other's throats if we don't shed some light on our fate. I'm planning on returning on board the Jenivere and looking for clues, or even survivors. We might still have an unaccounted benefactor to thank for saving our lives out there"


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"My name's Eizzach Bitterbalm," the gnome says as the introductions continue. "Originally from Whistledown in Varisia, although I've been all over the map this past century. I boarded the Jenivere from the Shackles when it stopped in Port Peril, on my way to Sargava. I'm a healer by trade, so if anyone needs treatment, don't hesitate to speak up."

He readjusts the satchel at his side.

"Now I think that it's natural for us to be suspicious of pretty much everything at this time, but for right now I think it would be for the best if we all concentrated on ensuring our immediate survival. I'm sure that we can sort out the blame later, if need be."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"My name's Eizzach Bitterbalm," the gnome says as the introductions continue. "Originally from Whistledown in Varisia, although I've been all over the map this past century. I boarded the Jenivere from the Shackles when it stopped in Port Peril, on my way to Sargava. I'm a healer by trade, so if anyone needs treatment, don't hesitate to speak up."

"One of those creature pinched me twice, once as I was unconscious and then as I attempted to strike it down" Yani replies, pointing at a small gash in her left thigh "I've endured much worse, though. No need to waste your arts with a flesh wound, Master Bitterbalm"

Good to know we count a connoisseur of the healing arts among our number, and a fellow Varisian to boot. Perhaps our chances are not as dire as I previously thought

Yani skipped the introductions as she has already acquainted herself with Eizzach (top post of 2nd page). Not meaning to sound rude :)


Nichelle returned to the group once her clothes were suitably rinsed out, though now they were wet.. again. At least they were cleaner. The scarf, rather than be wrapped around her neck in this heat, was draped over her shoulders, and her hair was unwrapped from around her neck as well, the tail hanging to the back of her knees. She walked with a bounce in her step, and her boots in her hands, content to go barefoot on the sands for now. At least the wet clothes would dry quickly, that was a plus.

The girl smiled at seeing Sasha(and the others) up. "I'm glad everyone is alive, and awake!" Her smile briefly became a bright grin, letting her boots fall to the sand to begin wringing the excess water out of her scarf. If her attitude was honest, this was clearly beyond a "glass half-full" type, she was more like a "I've got liquid enough in this cup to start a water fight" type. She gave a curious look to Malthu and the others, looking to the wrecked ship relatively nearby. "What's the plan?", she asked, recognizing that she was mostly helpless if she had to fend for herself.

Mischeviously, she flicked a bit of water from her scarf at Sasha anyway, then tried to look innocent when she got glared at, checking to see if Sasha bought it.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"Since it appears that everyone is now awake and safe, my suggested course of action would be to go back to the Jenivere, look for clues on what happened, search for survivors, scavenge what we can and see if we can use it to establish some sort of camp. In that order." Yanistah states dryly, her eyes fixed on Nichelle.

This girl's penchant for light-hearted jesting is truly amazing. She still flirts and jokes as if nothing happened she reasons, making a mental note to carefully observe Sasha's reaction.


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

"Very well. The ship it is. Anything we find will be of use in keeping us alive here. I agree, finding other survivors is also important."

Malthu grabs what he can find of his gear and heads over to the ship with whoever else is going.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Vazio turns back when he hears the others introduce themselves.

Some of these people are rather free with their information. They must never have needed the security of remaining anonymous. Well, I guess I’m stuck with them for the time being.

My name is Vazio Tanzer. My past is just that, my own, and not to be dwelt upon. Like most of you, I have business in Sargava I am eager to attend to. I agree with the tall one, we should search the wreck for any usable salvage, and for clues to our current predicament.


Well then, on to the ship. Shall I assume all the PC's are going?

You make your way along the coast. The tide is low, and going is easy. Eventually you come within sight of the ship.

Even a cursory glance is enough to confirm that the Jenivere will never sail again. Only the fortuitous presence of a sharp ridge of rock near the side of the sheer cliff wall has prevented the wreck from sinking entirely into the sea, for only the ship’s stern seems to have survived the wreck. This portion is wedged at an angle between the cliff and the rocks, and each wave shakes and tosses the wreck alarmingly. It won’t be long before the constant pounding of the waves dislodges the wreck and allows the hungry sea to claim the last of this once-fine ship.

There is a way up the rocks to a ledge that overlooks the deck of the Jenivere. Though at first it seems that the ships only lifeboat is missing, as you draw closer, you can see it has been washed up between the ship and the cliff. It has been crushed by the action of the waves smashing the Jenivere against the cliff side. Part of the lifeboat’s bow still lolls about in the surf, attached to a protruding timber by a thick rope.

As you approach, you can hear a terrible racket, banging and scrabbling noises, is coming from below deck.


"Oh aren't you just an adorably little grumpy thing." she clasps her hands together in delight as she fawns aloud at Vazio as he speaks.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
She is half glad at seeing the Jenivere in its current state since that would mean not having to endure sailing on it again, until the sounds coming from it draw her attention back to the present.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Perception*: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 *(-2 to sight-based perception checks for Obsessive.)

"What all that noise?" the gnome asks. "Did something get trapped down there?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"I have no idea. Perhaps more of those creatures, trying to feast on some other crew member?"

"We should approach with caution: me and Malthu in the front, Eizzach, Vazio, if you still have some tricks up your sleeve, have them ready"

Unfortunately, she still has no idea that Lalaru is an even better front-line fighter than she is, or about Nichelle and Xabala's skills, so she would rather have them at the back where she thinks they're better protected. She means well, but, you know, CHA is her dump stat so... :)


lol don't worry, Lala has enough ego for the both of them :3


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
lol don't worry, Lala has enough ego for the both of them :3

Our PR looks to be in good hands then! Oh, and feel free to prove her wrong about your fighting skills anytime:3


Yanistah "Yani" Stands-Tall wrote:
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
lol don't worry, Lala has enough ego for the both of them :3
Our PR looks to be in good hands then! Oh, and fell free to prove her wrong about your fighting skills anytime:3

That is one thing I'm hoping to sccomplish, there is some skill behind all the pomp and pagentry... Somewhere.


I've updated the map, you are on the ledge over the boat. It's about a 5' drop from the ledge to the deck. Feel free to arrange yourselves as desired.


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Before moving to the ship.

Quote:
One by one they all introduce themselves. I am Gelik Aberwhinge, says the blonde gnome he begins muttering some strange words and brushes himself off. More of the dirt comes off than would seem possible. In moments he is completely clean excepting the ink stains still on his fingers. Storyteller, adventurer, Pathfinder and Gnome extraordinaire. He bows with a flourish of his hand.

"Pleased to meet you Gelik, I look forward to hearing your tales. I expect we may need such things during our stay here."

Quote:
The Tian man stands, not bothering to brush the sand from his legs, Ishirou. He nods towards Xabala, I too was in Bloodcove.

"I believe I saw you board there as well," she says with a nod. "Well met."

Quote:
The tall half-elven woman in black leather pushes to her feet, I am Aerys Mavato. Grew up in the Shackles, and I have plied my hand at the country's favored trade for years.

"The Shackles favored trade... Is that running such large boats? I must say they are impressive, to float over such a large expanse of water. It seems larger than the jungle when looking from a treetop."

Quote:
The red-haired woman continues to sit, she smiles--though it seems more dangerous than friendly. I'm Sasha, she says simply, And I can handle myself pretty well in any situation.

"Well met. I expect, considering our situation, that we will need such skills."

Quote:
Finally the dark man in shackles looks up. Jask Derindi. I was on my way to be tried and imprisoned for a crime I didn't commit. I won't hesitate to admit that I am alright with this detour.

Xabala nods gravely at the Mwangi prisoner, a bit of sympathy runs in her voice, the familiarity of his race, something of an anchor to her. "I expect we are all prisoners here after a fashion. Perhaps we can see to removing your shackles so you can better help with the survival of the group."

"Please let me know if you have any injuries. I was trained as the medicine woman of my tribe and have some small ability to heal." The half-Ekujae notices the others preparing to move to search the ship, she turns back to the ones she had been talking to. "Perhaps you can remain together and rest or even scout our position in some fashion, while we search the ship for supplies. But please be careful."

-------
At the ship

Xabala looks upon the wreckage of the ship in awe. Such a giant beast, taken down by the dangers of the sea... although a portion of betrayal may have been involved... "Perhaps those that attempted to leave us behind ended up gaining their just rewards by being trapped here as well. It seems something, at least survives within, although it may be more hungry eurypterids searching for sustenance."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Going to be posting from mobile from now until Monday, so I won't have access to the roll20 platform... Even with Malthu's upgrade my cellphone still attempts to visualize the desktop version, which refuses to render properly. Going to be necessarily a bit vague in my descriptions, I hope you'll somewhat be able to translate them in proper map movements :)

Yani jumps down on the deck, taking 10 on an Acrobatics roll if necessary. She then makes a Perception check to see if she can discern something more about what's going on below deck.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Eizzach follows after her, taking care to be quiet. Unfortunately, he is not as adept at acrobatics as the Yanistah is, so it takes him somewhat longer to get to the deck.

Taking 10 on Acrobatics as well.


Seeing her companions jump down Lalaru considers doing the same before looking down at her tail. "Nope."


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

Seeing those jump down into the bowels of the ship, Malthu joins them by jumping down and moving next to the stairs to down below.

He peers in to see what can be seen.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
Seeing her companions jump down Lalaru considers doing the same before looking down at her tail. "Nope."

I take 5' is 5 feet, or 1.5 meters. Assuming that

"Need a hand, lady Lalaru?" she says, offering to catch her in her arms.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Vazio glares at Lalaru's assessment of his mood, but keeps his mouth shut, as it's not worth the effort of arguing.

Vazio joins the others on the deck of the ship (Take 10 on Acrobatics), and moves next to Malthu near the stairwell.

Once everyone is in position, I can shed some light on the situation.

Once everyone has positioned themselves, Vazio will cast Dancing Lights into the stairwell.


"Um... Okay..." Hesitantly the Merfolk will flop down to the awaiting Shoanti woman.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Yani's maximum carrying weight is 230 lbs., which should be more than enough to support Lalaru's figure

With a graceful hop, the merfolk woman jumps into Yani's arms, who then immediately proceeds to gently deposit her on the wooden planks below.


As the group begins to hop down onto deck the scrabbling below deck stops. The noises pick up again a moment later and begin to move towards the stairs. Vazio gets to the stairs just in time to see a larger version of the Euripterids come up the stairs.

Initiative:
Yani: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Lalaru: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Vazio: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Malthu: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Eizzach: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Xabala: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Nichelle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Eurypterid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Initiative:
Xabala
Yani
Malthu
Eizzach
Vazio
Eurypterid
Nichelle
Lalaru

Xabala, Yani, Malthu, Eizzach and Vazio are up first.


Yanistah "Yani" Stands-Tall wrote:

Yani's maximum carrying weight is 230 lbs., which should be more than enough to support Lalaru's figure

With a graceful hop, the merfolk woman jumps into Yani's arms, who then immediately proceeds to gently deposit her on the wooden planks below.

Phew, glad I didn't squish her.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

With her move action, she covers the distance separating her from the eurypterid, ending her movement in the square to its immediate south-west. She then proceeds to make her attack, using the Stunning Fist (DC 13) special ability.

"This scorpion-thing looks bigger than the ones we fought on the beach" she says, as she runs towards the eurypterid smoothly concluding her motion with a powerful kick to its carapace.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"Indeed!" the gnome shouts back to the Shoanti woman, withdrawing a crossbow from his gear. "One must wonder what it's been eating to get that way!"

I can't launch any bombs at the eurypterid without catching the others with the splash damage, so it looks like I'll just have to snipe from the back.

Move action to draw a light crossbow.
Another move action to load it with a bolt (1 of 10).


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Yanistah's kick lands right in the creatures side. It freezes for a moment, but manages to shake the effects off.

Xabala Malthu and Vazio


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Vazio extends his arm and mutters a few words under his breath. When he finishes, several dark flashes speed from his fingers into the side of the creature.

Magic Missle: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


The missile strikes the creature and it lets out a series of clicks, swaying slightly. After a moment it stands tall again, ready to move.

Xabala and Malthu


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

Moving around to the creature, Malthu attacks with his spear.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Malthu's spear flashes down, aiming straight for the creatures center, but it glances off the hard carapace of the creature, scoring the ship's deck.


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

"Perhaps they nest nearby," Xabala says as she moves a little closer to the creature and gives it the evil eye.

5' step or move action to get within 30'
Standard: Evil Eye hex (DC 14 Will save): -2 on attack rolls (7 rounds {1 round on save})


Gm Rolls:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

The eurypteried shakes slightly at Xabala's evil stare. It lashes out at the two closest to it. One claw grabs at Yanistah while the stinger strikes down. Both hit hard. The other claw slices deeply into Malthu's leg. The creature seems eager at the sight of so much blood.

Claw 1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Claw 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Stinger: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Crit confirm: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Extra Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Malthu takes 6 damage. Yanistah takes 4 plus you need a fortitude saving throw.

Nichelle and Lalaru are up, then round 2 for everyone else.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

May I borrow your dice GM Jammin'?

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Ok maybe some other time

Yani experiences a stab of pain, as the creature's claw re-opens the gash in her light leg, this time making it bleed profusely. Distracted by the searing sensation she lowers her guard for a moment, only to feel a jab in her right flank, followed by painful warmth.

Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"One must wonder what it's been eating to get that way!"

"I think I'm getting an idea!" she quips, even as she feels a fever growing inside her already debilitated body.


No kidding. I swear, I can't ever roll that well when it's mine.

1d2 ⇒ 1

1 Con damage.

51 to 100 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.