GM Jammin's Serpent's Skull (Inactive)

Game Master YanJieming

Map


101 to 150 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lalaru will draw her rapier and slither towards the crustacean.

Is there an undo option in Roll20? I seem to have deleted Malthu...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:

Lalaru will draw her rapier and slither towards the crustacean.

Is there an undo option in Roll20? I seem to have deleted Malthu...

Oh no, Malthu! We hardly knew ye!


The number of people that were engaged with fighting the stinger-lobster thing was a lot, especially when Lalaru joined in. If the thing survived, it was a lot tougher than it was supposed to be, and that was the scary part. Since she did not know any of these people, she did not want to get underfoot, since doing something that that could be disastrous in a situation like this. So she moved closer, but just in case someone needed to move, away, she did not get close enough to be in the way of a wandering weapon or spell.

She was nervous, since this whole situation was a new thing, but she hoped that it was not something that would affect her later. In her hand was one of the daggers from her hip, and she was holding it readily, but was not going to move until she had a clear opening. Lalaru moving in to engage the lobster-thing made her hesitate again, but there was a clear space on the other side, and that was what she was looking at, once she saw the way things were moving.
___________________
Move Action: Draw Weapon
Move Action: Move to Current position.


K. Malthu, Vazio, Yanistah, Xabala and Eizzach Round 2.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

The point of Eizzach's crossbow weaves about as he tries to sight through the press of bodies surrounding the creature, but after a short while he gives up. He's going to have to circle around if he's to have any hope of getting a shot in.

Move action 20', four squares east.
Another move action 20', four squares south.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Her leg throbbing and her head pounding, Yani tries to finish the crustacean threat off.

Flurry of Blows: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Flurry of Blows: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Yanistah kicks at the creature, her first kick goes over the creatures head, but the second strikes true. The eurypterid stumbles, then collapses.

Combat over.


I need another 3 fort saves from Yanistah.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The bonus I've applied are just estimations and are obviously dependent on the actual CON damage I take. Though with these rolls I have a feeling it doesn't really matter

After defeating the eurypterid, Yanistah allows herself to slide to the ground, one hand plugging the wound on her right leg and the other holding her feverish head.

"If your offer is still valid, master Eizzach, I'd surely be in need of some healing right now"


Slightly pouting Lalaru will give the crusty fiend a few ineffectual stabs with her blade.


Those are bad rolls! :(

3d2 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) = 4 Con damage

Over the next half minute or so, Yanistah's state deteriorates. Her face turns pale, and her legs shake under her. It is fairly apparant that she is not feeling well.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

That they indeed are. She's also at negative hit points, if she doesn't receive healing before the full effects of the poison start kicking in


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

The gnome doesn't bother with quips. He rushes to the side of the Shoanti woman and drops his weapon to the ground, not bothering to holster it. His hands fly to his bag, and the scent of herbs and medicine grows stronger.

Move action to move adjacent to Yanistah.
Free action to drop my crossbow to the ground (not enough actions to put it away otherwise).
Standard action to use Heal to treat the poison. If the check exceeds the DC of the poison, Yanistah receives a +4 competence bonus on her saving throw against the poison.

Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 vs. DC of the poison.


Before Yanistah's health deteriorates too far, Eizzach manages to help her remove the poison from her system. All that remains is the hole where the poison entered.

He helped you succeed on the first of those three, so only 1 Con damage total.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
and drops his weapon to the ground...

At which point the shock of the impact cause the bolt to fire, and we hear a Wilhelm Scream in the background.

"Is she gonna be okay Doc?"


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Regarding that imagery: lol. :)

"She'll be feeling somewhat weakened for a little while, but she should make a full recovery," he answers the merfolk. "Preferably I would advise plenty of bed rest and fluids, but you action-types almost never listen to me about that."

Just in case this is necessary:
Move action to pick up the crossbow.
Another move action to sheath it and put the bolt back in the quiver.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"Is she gonna be okay Doc?"

"I... I think I will" the Shoanti warrioress says, tentatively testing her legs' steadiness by slowly standing up. "Thank you for your concern, Lady Lalaru. And most of all, my gratitude goes to you, Master Eizzach. Your skills are truly a blessing on this monster-infested island".

The feverish pain gone, leaving behind only a slight sense of general weakness, Yani's now feeling much better.

Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"She'll be feeling somewhat weakened for a little while, but she should make a full recovery," he answers the merfolk. "Preferably I would advise plenty of bed rest and fluids, but you action-types almost never listen to me about that."

"Heh. You remind me of an old surgeon who used to patch us up in the Serpent's Run, back in Magnimar", she adds, slightly grimacing with the pain coming from her wounded leg.

EDIT: didn't realize Malthu was more than capable to heal on his own :)

Thanks guys! On a side note, does anybody have some cure wounds spell in storage? In addition to the poison, both me and Malthu took quite a pounding


No, but I could roll a Profession: Courtesan check for a sensual massage to relieve stress and fatigue.


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

Malthu seems badly injured from that last hit he took. He steps a few feet away and casts a spell.

"Sarenrae, grant healing to your lowly servant."

Cure light wounds.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Feeling much better, he rejoins the group.

"Shall we descend into the ship?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
No, but I could roll a Profession: Courtesan check for a sensual massage to relieve stress and fatigue.

With a healer, a flamboyant rogue with a penchant for public nudity and a professional courtesan/masseuse this is looking less and less like a shipwreck and more and more like a dream vacation. I now regret not having put any rank in Profession (bartender)

Malthu wrote:
"Shall we descend into the ship?"

"Let's"

Uhm... Could you throw a little bit of that healing in my direction? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?


And the GM was worried about me leaving you guys, pftshaw.

"Stairs, my one weakness. Well, that and fences. And kitties. And fireflies. And pretty jewelry. And swords. And..."


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7
Yanistah "Yani" Stands-Tall wrote:
Uhm... Could you throw a little bit of that healing in my direction? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Sorry Yanistah, but I don't have the ability to give my cure extracts to others until level 2, nor did I have enough starting gold to buy or brew a CLW potion. I can't do anything further until we level up.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"Stairs, my one weakness. Well, that and fences. And kitties. And fireflies. And pretty jewelry. And swords. And..."

"As a former longshoreman and apprentice jeweler, there are at least two things on that list I can help with. The others, alas, are beyond my field of expertise."

"Not that I was comparing you to a crate or anything like that. I mean... it was just... a way of saying, you know" she then mumbles, suddenly recognizing her potential faux pas.

Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
Sorry Yanistah, but I don't have the ability to give my cure extracts to others until level 2, nor did I have enough starting gold to buy or brew a CLW potion. I can't do anything further until we level up.

I know :) I was actually referring to our two other healers in the group :)


Lalaru Thalassa wrote:

And the GM was worried about me leaving you guys, pftshaw.

"Stairs, my one weakness. Well, that and fences. And kitties. And fireflies. And pretty jewelry. And swords. And..."

I would say that you could do stairs. With your strong tail, I imagine it more snake like and they can climb up and down stairs with no problem (as long as they are large enough).


Yanistah "Yani" Stands-Tall wrote:
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
No, but I could roll a Profession: Courtesan check for a sensual massage to relieve stress and fatigue.
With a healer, a flamboyant rogue with a penchant for public nudity and a professional courtesan/masseuse this is looking less and less like a shipwreck and more and more like a dream vacation. I now regret not having put any rank in Profession (bartender)

That's our alchemist. With your survival skill, you can be the one who sets up a sweet campsite. Then later take ranks in Profession (inkeeper). ;)


"While my valuable shapeliness is probably reminiscent of your usual carry I assure you I am much easier to get through customs." Lalaru wears a faint smile as she continues to speak. "A jeweler you say? Remind me to bring that back up later. While I have no coin on me now I do have plenty of others ways of compensating you if you manage to produce something that catches my attention."


GM Jammin' wrote:
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:

And the GM was worried about me leaving you guys, pftshaw.

"Stairs, my one weakness. Well, that and fences. And kitties. And fireflies. And pretty jewelry. And swords. And..."

I would say that you could do stairs. With your strong tail, I imagine it more snake like and they can climb up and down stairs with no problem (as long as they are large enough).

I would hope so, she was mainly saying that as a joke, then her mind wandered off into a tangent :3


You begin to make your way down the stairs. At the bottom, you can see the open air, where the ship ends in jagged teeth. In the other direction, the captain's quarters take up the front end of the ship, and between here and there are two doors. One was the larder, the other the supply room. Once you shine some light in their direction you can see blood seeping under the door fo the supply room. There are large scratches all over the door as if something had been trying to get in.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"A jeweler you say? Remind me to bring that back up later. While I have no coin on me now I do have plenty of others ways of compensating you if you manage to produce something that catches my attention."

"A privilege. Falayna, my Lady and Patron, takes delight in martial valor, feminine beauty, and masterfully crafted jewels, and never more so as when these three things are simultaneously possessed by the same person."

GM Jammin' wrote:
You begin to make your way down the stairs. At the bottom, you can see the open air, where the ship ends in jagged teeth. In the other direction, the captain's quarters take up the front end of the ship, and between here and there are two doors. One was the larder, the other the supply room. Once you shine some light in their direction you can see blood seeping under the door to the supply room. There are large scratches all over the door as if something had been trying to get in.

Yanistah carefully threads toward the supply room. Once there, she tries to open the door.

"Hello? Is there anyone in there? The lobster-like beast is dead, it's safe now."


"Ooh, I like the sound of her."

In the ship's hold Lalaru tries to keep an eye out for anything useful or valuable, and also for any obnoxious crustaceans.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Thoughtful, Nichelle looked at the large dead scorpion-thing, chewing on her lip for a bit.. Then, with a shrug, she took her knife to the base of the tail of the scorpion-thing, and then set it aside, still mulling over something in her head. She could not tell the first thing about eating the creature, but it was possible that she could make an antitoxin out of it.. It probably could not hurt to try.

Nodding to herself decisively, she looked up to see some of the others looking at her, probably curious at what she could be so distracted by. Grinning brightly, she looked a bit sheepish and put her knife away, giving a slight shrug. "I know we're not going to be on the beach at all too much, maybe, but I figured starting on some antitoxin pro~bably wouldn't hurt, right?"

===Down the stairs===

For all that her clothes were scratchy from the salt water (at least they smelled better), Nichelle had passed by the equipment pile to reclaim her items.. The larder was something that could help them later, provided there was anything in there worth salvaging. No point in letting it go to waste, right?

Tentatively, she knocked on the door, smiling at a joke she just thought of. "Hello~o? Any edible edibles in residence? Your liberators have arrived!" Giggling at her own silliness, she opened the door to poke her head in.


Down in the hold there are no creatures or objects. There may be something usefull behind one of the doors . . .

Yanistah pushes against the door. It gives a little, but it seems as if something is on the other side, preventing it from opening.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Ugh! Nasty critter. I hope that's the last of those we have to deal with.

Vazio makes his way down into the hold with the others.

We will definitely need to empty the larder. Who knows how long we're going to be stuck here.


"Here, let me help you with that Yani. On 3..." sliding over and getting a good grip of the door handle alongside the Shoanti she will begin pulling on the door in unison with her.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Nichelle wrote:
"I know we're not going to be on the beach at all too much, maybe, but I figured starting on some antitoxin pro~bably wouldn't hurt, right?"

"Nice thinking, actually" Yani says, massaging her hip where the eurypterid's sting wounded her.

Lalaru wrote:
"Here, let me help you with that Yani. On 3..." sliding over and getting a good grip of the door handle alongside the Shoanti she will begin pulling on the door in unison with her.

"Given the blood, it looks like someone has tried barricading himself in here" she muses, tensing her muscles in preparation for Lalaru's count of three.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Nichelle Crassior wrote:
Stuff

Sorry, did not see this post till this morning.

Nichelle:
Inside the Larder Nichelle searches, she finds about 24 lbs of food stuffed onto shelves throughout the room. As she opens the small cupboard to the side, a body falls out, thudding onto the floor. Rambar Terillo's dead eyes look up at you from the floor.

Yanistah and Lalaru push against the door . . . but they are unable to make it budge.


Wait, is it a push door or pull door?


Push, something is on the other side keeping it closed.


Is it open enough that I could insert my rapier through the crack? Incase it's been tied shut.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

I suppose I could just try and take 20, but there's probably a quicker way to bust that door open

Limnen_euron wrote:
GM Jammin' wrote:
Yes. You are missing disable device. I admit, I did not choose for a totally balanced party, but I did keep in mind the dangers you will face. And while some of them will be challenging for you, I have full confidence in the ability of this group to survive with the skills they have. That's not to say that you may not want it, and if someone wishes to change for it, feel free to make minor changes like that. It is up to you as a group.
No problem. It just means that we're going to beat them and kick them until they stop ticking!

Seeing the door would probably take more than one try to pry it open against whatever was holding it shut, Yanistah takes one step backward and sighs.

"Well, so much for doing it the gentle way."

Yanistah tries to kick the door open. I'm going to drop a couple of damage rolls and see how many hits it takes.

kicks:

1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Xabala nods as she looks over the work Eizzach had performed to leech out the poison from Yanistah. "You are very proficient in these methods of healing. I only hope to acheive such skills with more training. Still, perhaps I can help with the wounds themselves," she says touching the monk.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

She frowns. "I hope that is sufficient. I can only perform such a thing once on a specific person in a single day. If you require more, I have some other healing magic to use. On the other hand, perhaps, if we are to get into more trouble, I can offer a modicum of protective magics for you, seeing as you wear no armor, yet jump into battle whole hearted."

----

She joins the others below decks, but keeps an eye open for further danger.


Yanistah kicks at the door. Bang! Bang! Bang! Crack! The hinges break on the third kick, the door falling over the top of something propped against the bottom. The door and the object tangle together until they come to rest, the body--for it was a body pressed against the door--laying in the hallway, and the door covering the bottom half of the body. Alton Devars lifeless face stares up at the cieling from the floor.


"You killed the first mate!" although she is high pitched and pointing an accusatory finger at Yani while she speaks it is quite obvious from her tone that she is joking.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Xabala Kybwa'ka wrote:
"I hope that is sufficient. I can only perform such a thing once on a specific person in a single day. If you require more, I have some other healing magic to use. On the other hand, perhaps, if we are to get into more trouble, I can offer a modicum of protective magics for you, seeing as you wear no armor, yet jump into battle whole hearted."

As the exotic witch-woman lays her hands on her thigh and lets her healing power flow into Yanistah's body, the Shoanti woman feels the gash in her leg partially closing and the pain considerably subsiding.

"My agility and reflexes are supposed to be my armor. At least, in theory" she says, bowing her head in deference slightly. "My thanks, wise one. I shall remember your words next time battle is upon us."

GM Jammin' wrote:
Yanistah kicks at the door. Bang! Bang! Bang! Crack! The hinges break on the third kick, the door falling over the top of something propped against the bottom. The door and the object tangle together until they come to rest, the body--for it was a body pressed against the door--laying in the hallway, and the door covering the bottom half of the body. Alton Devars lifeless face stares up at the ceiling from the floor.

"Oh no. Alton."

Of all the crew onboard the Jenivere, the jovial first mate was the one she had felt the strongest connection to. Always ready to defend his subordinates against the captain's occasional berating, Yani has always suspected it was only because of him she was never asked to disembark after her lack of talent as a sailor had become evident. Moreover, it was him who had allowed her to continue her martial training in the ship's lower deck, something the captain would have surely prohibited if he had found out about.

Lalaru wrote:
"You killed the first mate!"

"No, I... I didn't..." is the only answer she manages to utter in her shock, a single tear running down her cheek.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Eizzach bends down to examine the body, trying to determine if Yanistah really was the cause of Alton's death.

It's a stab in the dark, but I just want to see if I can confirm through a skill check if Alton was dead before or after we arrived.

Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

or

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 -2 to sight-based checks due to Oblivious.


Eizzach:
Alton has two sets of wounds covering his body. One set seems to be small neat holes, indicating that he was pierced with a weapon of some kind, probably a rapier or something similar. The second--and newer--set seems to be ragged punctures much like the stinger wound that Yanistah bears. It seems that Alton has been dead for around 4 hours, and it was the poison that he finally succumbed to.


As the scene plays out and her mind takes a moment to actually process it she realizes that her sudden impulse of a joke in an attempt to lighten the mood possibly backfired. Giving situations serious thought always were a hurdle for her so she wears a sour face as she thinks on a way to remedy her faux pas.

As she mulls everything over she begins to scan the interior of the newly opened room.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


The food was a welcome sight, and she smiled even brighter, clapping her hands happily when the sounds of kicking drew her attention. When she noticed it was just Yani kicking the door in, she went back to examining the pantry. When she got to the cupboard, she squeaked and skipped back into the hallway at the body falling out of the cupboard, reaching for her dagger. When the body was not animate, she calmed her racing heart and looked at the rest of the group who might be looking askance at her for holding a dagger and looking rather skittishly into the pantry. 'I've been listening to too many pirate stories about dead seamen.. underwater zombies.. hah!'

Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"You killed the first mate!"

"I swear I didn't kill the cook!", she shouted, still a little bit panicked 'of course, that I just "found" him on my own doesn't help my image any-- or that I'm holding a knife' Sighing to herself, she went back in and tried to drag the cook's body out of the pantry.

"You are not edi-- well, maybe you are, but I'm not going to eat you, nope nope!" Once she got him into the hallway, she stopped to look at his wounds.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Sticking his head in the pantry door, Vazio takes a quick glance between Nichelle and the cook.

He probably succumbed to his own cooking. I know the rest of us nearly did. We should probably collect what food we can, and unload it to shore. Keep an eye out for any sign of what might have been added at our last meal, though. I don't want to become a meal for a sea creature just because I can't fight back.


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

Putting his spear away, Malthu joins the others below.

"Search for anything of value. We can bury the dead later."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

101 to 150 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.