GM Jammin's Serpent's Skull (Inactive)

Game Master YanJieming

Map


151 to 200 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Blah. This would have been up sooner, but I hadn't expected to be away from the 'net for this long today.

One moment, Malthu," Eizzach says, pointing to a set of small, neat holes on Alton's body. "I want you all, especially Yanistah, to look here."

"See these holes here? That's from a puncturing weapon, I'd bet my spectacles on it. Probably a rapier or something similar, based on the depth and the size of the wounds. And look here--"

The gnome points to second set of holes further along, these ones much more ragged.

"These look much like the wound Yanistah had gotten from that creature. Taking this and the current state of the body into account, it's my expert opinion that Yanistah's kick couldn't have killed Alton. This man has been dead for at least four hours before we arrived, and the final cause of death was due to poisoning. He may have attempted to crawl to the door before he expired, or, less likely, was placed there. Either way, he's been a corpse for a while now."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"...it's my expert opinion that Yanistah's kick couldn't have killed Alton. This man has been dead for at least four hours before we arrived, and the final cause of death was due to poisoning. He may have attempted to crawl to the door before he expired, or, less likely, was placed there. Either way, he's been a corpse for a while now."

Eizzach's words are slowly coming through in waves in Yanistah's still catatonic mind. Only when he gets to the point where he frees her from the blame of the first mate's death, however, something actually triggers in her brain, making her snap out the shock.

"Unlike me, he wasn't lucky enough to have someone of your expertise at his side, Master Eizzach" she reflects bitterly.

"I know the needs of the living should outweigh those of the dead, but I can't bear to see him like that while we just scavenge around" she says, her voice still broken even as she's slowly regaining her composure. "I'm carrying his body above deck for the time being. I'll try to arrange it the best I can."

On the way up, she stumbles into Nichelle and Vazio looking at Rambar Terillo's corpse.

So much for looking for survivors, she ponders dejectedly.


A search of the supply room reveals several useful items; some lumber, a block and tackle, three large canvas sheets, two fishing nets, a grappling hook, two bulls eye lanterns, 12 flasks of lantern oil, 150 feet of hemp rope, and five shovels.


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Xabala looks at the items in the storeroom and the food in the larder. "It seems we should be able to survive the island for some small period, unless the tales of the place are true. It seems even enough here to build one of your fancy shelters... buildings."

"Perhaps we can examine the rest of this boat and then bring our findings back to the others."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Yani gently lays down Alton's body onto the planks of the Jenivere's upper deck, whispering a silent prayer to Falayna to assist his soul's voyage into the Great Beyond. She then comes back below to check on Nichelle and Vazio.

"Do you need some help in carrying away Rambar's body? Before we do that, though, Master Eizzach might want to check on his wounds too... Alton seems to have perished to that scorpion-thing's poison, but I highly doubt those beasts are resourceful enough to stuff their preys into cupboards once they've killed them"

Xabala Kybwa'ka wrote:

Xabala looks at the items in the storeroom and the food in the larder. "It seems we should be able to survive the island for some small period, unless the tales of the place are true. It seems even enough here to build one of your fancy shelters... buildings."

"Perhaps we can examine the rest of this boat and then bring our findings back to the others."

"Since it looks we're stuck here for good, that should be the next sensible step. Am I right in assuming you're used to calling similar jungles home? If it is so, I foresee your wisdom concerning the natural world will be most precious to our survival."

Vazio wrote:
"He probably succumbed to his own cooking. I know the rest of us nearly did. We should probably collect what food we can, and unload it to shore. Keep an eye out for any sign of what might have been added at our last meal, though. I don't want to become a meal for a sea creature just because I can't fight back."

"Considering we've already been poisoned once, your caution looks justified, Master Vazio. Lady Xabala, does your knowledge of the mystic arts allow you some insight on this matter?"

From now on, I'm going to assume we've all got each other's names, either from our time together on the ship, or from having heard them on the beach, or from doing some chatting on the way to the shipwreck.

On a completely unrelated note, does anybody know how to quote more than one person in the same post other than manually copy-pasting (and losing all formatting)?


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

We should also see if there is anything interesting in the captain's cabin. Maybe he has some notes that might help us figure out what happened.

Vazio moves past the store room and larder, and makes his way to the door of the captain's cabin. He presses his ear to the door, listening for any nasty surprises.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Vazio or Anyone who helps search the Captain's Cabin:
It appears most of the Captain's belongings washed through a small hole in the side of the ship. Though there is a desk stuck up against the hole, too large to fall through. The top drawer contains several keys. A large drawer on the side contains several sea charts and maps, along with the captain’s log. The lowest desk drawer is locked. There is a large footlocker leaning against the desk. Inside you find a slip of paper with two words, Jask Derindi, as well as a masterwork dagger, a suit of leather armor, two potions, a holy symbol, and a spell component pouch.


Seeing the halfling disappear into the Captain's quarters Larau will slink in after him, partly out of curiousity, and partly to give Yani some space at the moment. Upon seeing the spoils her mood immediately changes. "Maps? I love maps! Might I hold onto them, pretty, pretty please?" She has her hands clapped together in front of her chest and sways from side to side in a childlike manner.

Knowledge (Religion) to identify Holy Symbol: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
I believe you can identify Holy Symbols of the Core 20 untrained, if not, oh well.


Yes you can.

You recognize the symbol as the symbol of Nethys.


"The Symbol for the God of Magic? The Captain didn't strike me as the type to worship him. You think this stuff belongs to the prisoner?"


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Is there anything on the slip of paper other than Jask's name?

Xabala picks up and turns over the slip of paper. "This paper has his name on it. Perhaps it was a label, to state who originally owned the items? I suppose we'll find out when we bring this back to him."

The half-elf then mutters some words and passes her hands over her eyes, looking around afterwards.

Detect Magic


Magical auras begin to present themselves, soon it is clear that there are about 14 magical auras. Two are coming from the potions in the foot locker, the other twelve are all coming from the locked drawer. All of the auras are faint.

Nope, just his name.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Yanistah: Not that I know of, sorry.

"Nethys, huh," Eizzach says. "Then if they do belong to the prisoner, we can probably assume that he's some sort of spellcaster."


Not waiting for a reply from Vazio she'll begin scooping up the charts, maps, and any and all other paperwork in the room before getting stopped by the locked drawer. Taking the keys from the top drawer she'll begin her luck with them.

How many keys are there?


Nichelle had begun moving the items from the larder up to the deck, to make it easier to move when they decided to leave the ship. Five of them in that cabin was enough, and she did not want to crowd them. As she walked, she idly wondered about Lalaru.. Could she swim? Could there have been anything that could be claimed that had sunk to the bottom? Was it worth it? Either way, it was hot, and the sun was not making it any better.


There are five keys on this ring, and add you begin trying them, you find that one of them fits. Opening the drawer you find a bottle of fine brand, a fine model of the ]enivere in a glass bottle, a small coffer containing 350 gp, and a long leather satchel that holds a dozen potions.


"Jackpot! Booze to kill the pain, bunch of small fancy bottles of which I highly doubt are booze, and 4 keys that go to stuff I have yet to find. And best of all there is this tiny adorable model of the ship they somehow managed to stuff into a bottle. What else is there above water to still check out? I can probably scout out below once we get all this dropped off."

Is the foot locker attached to the floor or can we take it? Might make transporting this stuff easier.


It's portable.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Yanistah helps Nichelle doing some heavy lifting, but when she hears the clicking and tingling of Lalaru's tinkering with the keys, out of curiosity she steps into the captain's room to check on whatever they might have found there.

Eizzach:
"Master Eizzach, before I carry away the cook's corpse, would you consider giving it a quick look? By the looks of it, it was stuffed in a cupboard - a rather deliberate act, and one quite difficult to ascribe to one of those sea creatures"

Thank you for trying to answer my plea - Malthu has already pointed out a neat workaround to that issue in the Discussion thread

Lalaru:
Seeing Lalaru gleefully browsing through charts and maps she asks "Any luck finding something? Though I must say - I wouldn't have taken you for a geographer. You surely are a woman of many interests"

I've just put spoiler marks so that the thread doesn't get too cumbersome to read - she's speaking normally, everyone please feel free to read them

Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"Jackpot! Booze to kill the pain, bunch of small fancy bottles of which I highly doubt are booze, and 4 keys that go to stuff I have yet to find. And best of all there is this tiny adorable model of the ship they somehow managed to stuff into a bottle. What else is there above water to still check out? I can probably scout out below once we get all this dropped off."

"I think we're done here. Be careful if you plan to dive down - there might be others of those creatures nearby!"


"Well it's only natural for one to have so many interests when so many are interested in her." she wears a rather lascivious smile towards Yani before putting everything except for the keys into the footlocker then moving to one end of it. "Wouldst the fair maiden help another here?"


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

"I'll help." Malthu steps over and grabs the other end and lifts the locker with ease.

"Back to the beach? Once we get there we need to start setting up camp. That will take a while and needs to be done before the sun begins to set. Fussing with that in the dark is no fun."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"Well it's only natural for one to have so many interests when so many are interested in her." she wears a rather lascivious smile towards Yani before putting everything except for the keys into the footlocker then moving to one end of it. "Wouldst the fair maiden help another here?"

"I know we were talking about putting up a camp or a shelter, but I see you're one step ahead and you're already thinking of the furniture - though when you put it like that, how could I say no?" Yani jokes, intrigued by the merfolk's aura of self-confidence.

A most whimsical creature, and one whose whims must have been seldom denied by men or women alike - and I'm starting to understand why.

"Let me and Malthu do the heavy lifting - while you check for anything useful that might have been submerged by the sea after the shipwreck"

Malthu wrote:
"Back to the beach? Once we get there we need to start setting up camp. That will take a while and needs to be done before the sun begins to set. Fussing with that in the dark is no fun."

"First I would like for Master Eizzach to give at least a cursory glance at Rambar's body - there's still quite a few questions that need answering, and 'who bothered to hide it in a cupboard?' is among these"


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Yanistah:
No problem, just glad that you were able to find a solution.

"I'll be done in just one moment..." Eizzach replies, looking intently through a lense at Rambar's corpse.

Once again:

Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

or

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 -2 to sight-based checks due to Oblivious.


"Aight!" happily quipping at Yani with a light salute will find a nice spot on the ship to leave her floating and equipment with the exception of the keys before diving into the water to search around for anything else.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Might help if I take off the eyepatch. Removing the eyepatch she gives her perfectly fine and uncovered eye a few moments to adjust to the light before continuing her search.


Eizzach:
Rambar has bite marks on his neck, identifiable as serpentine in nature, albeit a very large serpent. What's more, it seems as if he's been dead for almost 24 hours.

Lalaru:
As you swim below the surface you are pulled in several directions. With some little effort though, you are able to control your own movements. Within the turbulent waters, there is little to find. It seems the other half of the boat was smashed to pieces, as small portions of the boat have sunk to the bottom, though it appears most have been pulled off by the force of the tide. You are able to find a small pouch with 6 gp, 4 sp and a bit of flint and steel. As well you find a masterwork shortsword that has dropped to the bottom.

I'll assume you take a 10 for 15.

GM Rolls:
2d20 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7


After some work you are able to move all of the bodies and gear to the deck of the Jenivere. It seems to be rocking more than ever in the surf as you slowly move things off the deck and onto the ledge, but it somehow manages to stay, stuck between the rocks. Little more than an hour has passed by the time everything is on the rocky ledge.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"Bite marks on the neck," Eizzach says finally, "serpentine, but from a very large serpent. He's been dead for nearly 24 hours."

************

After the group has finished moving everything from the deck to the ledge, Eizzach dusts off his hands and looks back at the boat.

"So, what's our next move?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"Bite marks on the neck," Eizzach says finally, "serpentine, but from a very large serpent. He's been dead for nearly 24 hours."

Once she's done lending Malthu a hand carrying the heavy footlocker, Yani's crouching beside Eizzach as he examines the corpse.

"Snakes? As if those scorpion-things weren't enough... Wait, almost a day ago? 24 hours ago I was busy scrubbing this very deck, with no trace of land in sight. Maybe whoever poisoned our dinner killed him to leave no witness - still, how could have someone brought such a large beast on board without anyone noticing?"

Casually looks at the player's guide cover - ooooh

She then proceeds to carry Rambar's body upstairs, laying it down right next to Alton's.

Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:

After the group has finished moving everything from the deck to the ledge, Eizzach dusts off his hands and looks back at the boat.

"So, what's our next move?"

"I think it's time to say our final farewells to the Jenivere - and to make sure we have a camp set up before nightfall. I'd also... I'd also like to give the dead a proper burial" she wearily says, taking first mate Alton Devers' body in her arms.


Does the sword have any ornamentation that might suggest who it belonged to? Or does it appear it has been there longer than the Jenivere?

Collecting her clothing and other equipment Lalaru will rejoin with the group. "Okay so I didn't find much, some coins, a fire starter that probably doesn't work, and a very nice sword."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

I suspect one of those keys will open the manacles for our friend back on the beach. I'm not inclined to spend my time as a warder. Besides, if he's a priest of Nethys, he may be more helpful as a free man.

Vazio assists, in what manner he can, in moving anything useful to the deck, and then on to the shore.

Do what you wish with the dead, but I do not care to participate.

Vazio starts to collect some of the supplies, and then haul them back to the other group.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"Nor would anyone force you"

How are we going to arrange ourselves regarding the transportation of the stuff we salvaged? We're on a rocky cliff and we walked on the surf to get there, so we can't bury the bodies here. Me and Malthu could carry one each, and Lalaru's maximum encumbrance of 175 lbs. would allow her to haul the footlocker - perhaps with some help from Nichelle. Vazio, Xabala and Eizzach could help by taking whatever doesn't fit inside it, like the shovels.

If anybody's against shouldering the extra weight due to the bodies on a matter of principle, Yanistah would quietly acquiesce, but would still be taking upon herself to carry the First Mate, and would later return to fetch back the cook too - possibly before the tide rises.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Actually, I prepared an extract of ant haul when we started that's only going to go to waste if I don't use it this day. It will triple my maximum carrying capacity from 75 lbs to 225 lbs for two hours, and I'm only carrying about 18 lbs of gear right now anyway (I don't have the infusion discovery yet, so it will only work for me). As long as I can put it in a bag, carry it in my arms, or drag it behind me, I should be able to haul a good chunk of the load back with us.

"Not a problem, I happen to have just the thing on hand for this--"

Eizzach reaches into his coat and removes a stoppered vial filled with a syrupy red liquid. He uncorks and swigs it in one motion.

Standard action to consume an extract of ant haul (CL1, 1 Casting time: standard action, Duration: 2 hours/level [2 hours], Saving throw: Fort negates [harmless], Spell resistance: yes [harmless]).

Carrying capacity is now 225 lbs for the next two hours.

"There we go," the gnome says, patting his biceps. "Strength of the ant. It only works for carrying things, but it means that if we can pile it up and strap some bags to me, I can shoulder some of the burden."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"Some nice tricks you have up your sleeve, Master Eizzach" Yani says, as she watches the middle-aged gnome lifting a burden even she might have struggled with.

If everyone agrees, I assume we are ready to go then - Yanistah and Malthu fetching the bodies, and Eizzach with the foot locker strapped to his back by means of the rope we've found (Lalaru should be able to carry any excess weight).

**************************************************

During the short trek back, Yanistah brings up the matter of Jask Derindi, the prisoner.

"I agree with Vazio that whatever issue he might have had with justice in Corentyn, it's made moot as long as we're marooned here - not to mention the fact that acquiring the gratitude of a priest of Nethys could be an unexpected blessing in our current predicament. Still, I think we should have a word with him before coming to a definitive decision"


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"I'd like to know why he was locked up in the first place," says the gnome gruffly. "Even the Chelaxian justice system can be right once an age, sad as it is to say. And it would go a long way towards knowing if we can trust him or not, especially given our current circumstances."


"True, 'Before we release you, and this part is entirely irrelevant to us doing so, we were curious as to whether you were imprisoned for, say, trying to free slaves, or setting people on fire for giggles?'"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"Something along those lines, yeah. And let's hope he's not too good of a liar"


Carrying what she could help with, Nichelle smiled brightly at Yanistah. "Don't worry about him being too good of a liar, I've got a bit of a nose when it comes to that!" When she got a few curious glances, she shrugged, and tried not to blush. "What? I kinda have to be", she mumbled defensively. "I got on the ship from Ilizmagorti.. pirates aren't exactly the most scrupulous of conversationalists, much less so when they're trying to hit on you.." Her face flushing more, Nichelle said nothing else and looked away.
______________________
Sense motive @>Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25, see spoiler

Spoiler:
...not entirely a lie...


You walk down the rocks, back to the beach. The water pulls at your feet as you reach the bottom. Despite the new hazard of a rising tide, you make it down with only a little difficulty. The rest of the walk back to the beach where you woke is no trouble as you follow the shore of the island, the sounds of the jungle off to your right.

As you approach the beach, you can hear some yelling. It's hard to make out the words until you get closer. Whoa, calm down.

Well, why should I. I don't trust them. They'll only get us killed.

Sasha, we have to work with someone if we're going to survive.

But not them!

The scene comes into sight and it looks much like it sounds. Sasha is up, pacing the beach, face flushed. Aerys stands in front of her arms up in a placating gesture. Gelik sits on the beach, a wry smile on his face, Then go see if those cannibals Xabala spoke of will help you. They seem they might be a nice type. If you don't, I might consider it. Probably more welcoming. Aerys looks at the gnome with a sour expression.

Ishirou sits off to the side, silently shaking his head. Sitting next to join is Jask manacles tight, looking sullenly at Ishirou.


Sorry, gotta ask again :3

Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
Does the sword have any ornamentation that might suggest who it belonged to? Or does it appear it has been there longer than the Jenivere?

"You guys better not have been throwing a party without us!"


Oops, sorry. Knew I forgot something. Yes, the gold inlay seems to mark it as Alton's.


GM Jammin' wrote:
Oops, sorry. Knew I forgot something. Yes, the gold inlay seems to mark it as Alton's.

Gracie :3


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Since we're not under pressure, Xabala will take 10 on her Spellcraft rolls to determine the properties of the magic items found.
Spellcraft: 10 + 8 = 18

"It seems we could use all hands, regardless of what Jask is purported to have done. If you think the crime is too heinous, would you kill him outright? Otherwise we would be forced to be his keeper. But I suppose it cannot hurt to ask for more information."

-----

"It seems there is some form disagreement," Xabala says to the others on the beach. "Perhaps they could be discussed later, once we have found a place for the supplies and have begun putting together a shelter? Or must it be resolved first?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"A spark is better extinguished before it becomes a full-fledged fire" Yani dryly replies to the half-Ekujae witch, gently laying Alton Devers' body down.

"Though I'd rather not do it myself - I've never fancied myself the tactful type, and I've discovered to my own detriment that bullying people around is often a double-edged sword. If we are to build us all into a group, Lalaru and Nichelle's tongues are far more honeyed than mine own, I reckon."

That said, she picks one of the shovels and starts digging two graves right past where sand and jungle meet, all the while keeping an eye on the whole situation - ready to intervene should it deteriorate further.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

When Aerys gives Eizzach the stink-eye, he gives her a slight nod in greeting but doesn't say anything to her.

***********

"That leaves me out, then," Eizzach adds with a harumph. "I've been told that I'm better at treating people than talking to to them. Something about my bedside manner. Better to the the social butterflies among us ask the questions."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:

When Aerys gives Eizzach the stink-eye, he gives her a slight nod in greeting but doesn't say anything to her.

***********

"That leaves me out, then," Eizzach adds with a harumph. "I've been told that I'm better at treating people than talking to to them. Something about my bedside manner. Better to the the social butterflies among us ask the questions."

I think she was referring to Gelik Aberwhinge, the gnome NPC ;)


Curious, Nichelle walked up to the group and glanced between the lot there, trying to piece together what was going on before hearing any sides. With the lady with the monkey talking calmly, she directed a knowing look towards Sasha that was aiming for "accusatory", knowing some of her personality from associating with her on the Jenivere, and "expectant", hoping she would start with an explanation. That look only lasted a moment, though.

"Alright, I'm sorry, I admit I missed the introductions-- well, some of them-- and I'm horrible with names." Smiling cheerfully, she had the grace (or the skill) to look a bit embarrassed for putting herself on the spot. "I'm Nichelle, sorta-fledgling alchemist, and I have no idea how to survive on my own in the jungle or on any uncivilized island, really." The smile disappeared as she made her point on the latter half of her introduction, but was back as soon as there was enough of a pause. Her expression brightened as she continued. "I am one of the very few people that can make an antitoxin from scratch though, so I've got that going for me, at least!"

She looked like she wanted to clap happily at that declaration, she really did.

"I know Sasha, and I've briefly met Aerys. I infer that this gentleman in chains is.. Um.. Jask!" There was a longer pause as she tried to pull the other names from memory. "Sir Gnome, Sir.. erm, Sir.. I don't really recall your names, no offense intended. Would you be kind enough to remind me and tell me whether or not you can survive on an island like this on your own?"
______________________________
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
I like that given the personality she's displayed-- whether or not she's being a smartass or an airhead-- there's a bit of uncertainty as to how serious she's being about what. That would also explain why she has no ranks in Diplomacy. ^^;


"Oh, how rude of me. I am Lalaru Thalassa, and I have many talents. The vast majority of which are negotiable in their value and effectiveness."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

The argument on the beach catches Vazio's attention as the party returns from the ship.

I wonder who is going to get whom killed?

He's about to say something when Nichelle goes into her introduction spiel.

What an odd duck. Don't want to turn your back on that one. Who knows what will end up in it.


As you all approach the, Sasha cuts off. Gelik laughs loudly, Finally, someone who's not afraid to laugh at herslef. Gelik stands and leans in towards Nichelle. Though his voice still carries, he gives the impression of trying to whisper, I sometimes get tired of doing it for the others. Stepping back he holds out a hand, I'm Gelik Aberwhinge. Pathfinder extraordinaire. He bows deeply, flourishing his cloak. I have srurvived many strange adventures in the wilderness, though I much prefer to have company when I do.

The situation seems difused for the moment, though Sasha has returned to sulking.

Eizzach: Yes, Aerys was eyeing Gelik. Soryry, will try to be more clear about that in the future.

151 to 200 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.