GM Jammin's Serpent's Skull (Inactive)

Game Master YanJieming

Map


401 to 450 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Yanistah profusely thanks Eizzach as the scholarly gnome handles her the requested items.

"I used to own a similar set, back in Magnimar. I remember staying up late in the dim candlelight, writing notes and deciphering old tomes chronicling the mysteries of the High Heavens. How far seem those times now" she sighs as if talking to herself, wielding the pen with some sort of nostalgic care. Seeing the expression of discomfort in the gnome's face, however, she's quick to focus once again on the present issues. "But I'm bothering you just as your ailment's spreading - even when the only one who can do something about it is none other than you. Please, don't delay taking care of yourself any further on my account" she deferentially says.

Indeed, I think Lalaru's the only one among us with ranks in Knowledge (geography). Speaking of which

After a little while spent in a futile attempt to sketch some sort of map, Yanistah quickly realizes how taking her innate sense of direction and transposing it on paper would prove a more difficult task than estimated - leading her to try to enlist Lalaru's aid in the matter.

"You see, if this thing I've drawn right here is that cliff, and this is the river we've been following... Wait, I think I'm getting this all wrong" she blurts out, frustration very plain in her voice.


Eizzach: Successfully halved to 12 hours.

You wait out the heat of the day, then begin the long trek back to camp. You follow along the river, making your way to the camp. Travelling along the river is easy, until you come to the head. You begin travelling across land and learn that travel is much slower this way. You estimate you are still 2 hours away from camp by the time the sky begins to darken.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Such a fool I am - or did I think that making our way through this jungle would have been as easy as strolling though the Varisian highlands? I still have so much to learn about this world - Falayna wills it that I live long enough to actually have the chance...

"The sun's setting and we're still a couple of hours away from the camp - shall we press on?"


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

I'd rather not sleep in the bush. I say we press on to camp.

Vazio will cast Dancing Lights for whoever takes the lead.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"Agreed. Hopefully we'll make it back before too long."

Beginning to feel a bit better, Eizzach had taken a brief interlude to see to Malthu's treatment.

Heal vs DC 15 to treat Malthu's sickened condition (-2 penalty for sickened): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Nuts.


Comparing the Sketches Yani made with maps they found in the wreck with what they've been traveling around she hems and haws for a bit. "No no, you got the landmarks and passes right, they just need a proper distance and location from each other, which is really annoying to do without tools."

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Later as they're traveling, "Doubly agreed, we don't know what comes out at night in this place."


Sorry about the wait. The last few days have been crazy at work.

Eizzach tries unsuccessfully to apply the same paste to Malthu's rash, but it doesn't seem to respond as well. You move forward in the darkness, opressing sounds all around you. Animal noises come close, but none seem to come too close, until as you finally come close to camp, you hear the sound of large wings overhead. As you look up into the night sky, whatever creature was there seems to be gone, but you can still hear it's wings retreating into the night.

You make it back to camp without any further incident. When you arrive, you find that there is a small pile of food, waiting in the trees. It seems Sasha was able to find 8 lbs of food.

Yani:
In addition throughout your day of gathering food you found another 3 lbs.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"Doubly agreed, we don't know what comes out at night in this place."
GM Jammin' wrote:
You move forward in the darkness, opressing sounds all around you. Animal noises come close, but none seem to come too close, until as you finally come close to camp, you hear the sound of large wings overhead. As you look up into the night sky, whatever creature was there seems to be gone, but you can still hear it's wings retreating into the night.

"This island has a way with sating one's curiosities - in all the wrong ways" Yani tries to joke, discomfort quite palpable in her voice.

GM Jammin' wrote:
You make it back to camp without any further incident. When you arrive, you find that there is a small pile of food, waiting in the trees. It seems Sasha was able to find 8 lbs of food.

"Nice work Sasha - I've tried to do some foraging of my own during our scouting but I'm clearly not quite the huntress you are. If you don't mind, we'll gladly have dinner now; I can't speak on behalf of the others, but I'm starving".

Later, as they're sitting by the fire eating, Yanistah takes out the map she and Lalaru have been drawing, describing their findings and recounting the events of the day.

"Master Vazio suggested - and both me and Eizzach agree - to move our camp further south. This location right here" she dryly says, pointing at the map, "would provide us with a continuous supply of fresh water as well as being better defensible, nested as it is between the river and a cliff. Moreover, it would give us scouts a more advanced starting point for our expeditions" Yani concludes and falls silent, allowing the others to give the proposal the proper thought.

I didn't mention the berries Xabala collected as I thought it would be appropriate for her to be the one handling them to Aerys, once Dark Netwerk returns


Nichelle was sprawled out near her alchemy apparatus, and raised her head as the others returned. "Oh hey guys! Any eventful happenings?" While she had not exactly lain around all day, she was tending to the apparatus more than anything else, and was feeling the fatigue of the heat that had faded and the cost of paying attention to something for so long. Her head flopped back down onto the leaf that she was using to keep the sand out of her hair. "Meet (and defeat) any locals?"

The tone in her voice was playful as always, even if there was a slight bit of fatigue there. Flicking the husk of one of the nuts that had been eaten previously, the triumphant smile of seeing it bounce off of Sasha's shoulder quickly tried to look innocent before she gave up entirely and looked up at the darkening sky. "I've been prodding for stories from us ne'er do wells-- but honestly, how well can you do on an island you're not familiar with? Jask, if I say 'clouds, glass, and rain', does that jog any thoughts of neat stories?"
____________________
Obligatory "Nichelle being Nichelle" Charisma check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Nichelle Crassior wrote:
Nichelle was sprawled out near her alchemy apparatus, and raised her head as the others returned. "Oh hey guys! Any eventful happenings?" While she had not exactly lain around all day, she was tending to the apparatus more than anything else, and was feeling the fatigue of the heat that had faded and the cost of paying attention to something for so long. Her head flopped back down onto the leaf that she was using to keep the sand out of her hair. "Meet (and defeat) any locals?"

"Not really, no. We spotted some sort of flying predator's nest on a cliff just east of here, and we heard a very ominous flapping of wings on our way back to the camp" she recounts, still shivering at the thought. "But as far as encountering any locals, be they people or beasts, we've had no real occasion of truly flexing our muscles".

"Still, we've found some traces left by Captain Kovack and that Varisian scholar. They're still alive - and apparently headed for the interior, whatever they might be looking for there" Yanistah adds, showing Nichelle Ieana's scarves.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Right. So we know there is something big and nasty that flies out there. Anyone on watch tonight needs to keep that in mind. I'll take the middle shift again.

After grabbing a quick bite, Vazio finds a spot to curl up and fall asleep.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"Last shift for me, then, same as last time," Eizzach says, settling down by the fire himself. "Hopefully this blasted rash will clear up by then."

"Speaking of which, sorry that I couldn't help you much, lad," he says to Malthu. "I'll give it another go tomorrow."


GM Screen:
2d100 ⇒ (35, 74) = 109
7d100 ⇒ (71, 45, 98, 5, 11, 95, 95) = 4205d100 ⇒ (31, 42, 66, 93, 54) = 2861d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d100 ⇒ 43

Jask thinks carefully about Nichelle's question. No. I have no stories about glass and rain, though I feel I ought to. There are many stories that use such images as this to start.

Gelik speaks up at this point, Oh, aye, there are. The gnome proceeds to launch into one. Though by the end, glass and rain are long forgotten, as the story mostly concerned two lovers torn apart by strange increasingly bizarre and ridiculous situations. Finally, they are brought together and realize they can't stand one another. The story ends as they match away, each catching the eye of another and falling in love again.

Then all listen as Yanistah presents the plan to move. Most of the others seem amenable to moving the camp. Sasha speaks up for a moment, saying she won't be able to gather as much food on the move, but does not seem to think it a major objection. Once it's decided, Sasha comes back and begins asking eagerly after the flying creature. Did anyone see it? Is it very dangerous? I wonder if we'll get to see some when we move the camp. She wanders off, still talking about the possibility of seeing the creature.

Eventually all are left to sleep. The night passes with little incident. The glowing water starts up again


"Some of us are trying to get some sleep!" Lalaru shouts towards the incandescent water with a raised fist before plopping back down and nodding off.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
GM Jammin' wrote:
Then all listen as Yanistah presents the plan to move. Most of the others seem amenable to moving the camp. Sasha speaks up for a moment, saying she won't be able to gather as much food on the move, but does not seem to think it a major objection.

Yanistah reassures Sasha on the matter of foraging, promising that both her and Malthu will lend a hand in that regard.

So, between Yani and Sasha we've managed to gather 11 lbs. of food for today; adding the 24 we scavenged from the Jenivere puts us at 35 lbs. in total. There being 9 Medium characters and 3 Small ones in the group, according to the Player's Handbook our daily consumption should add up to 9,75 lbs./day (let's say 10). So after 2 days have passed we should still have 15 lbs. worth of rations left. Hope I'm not missing anything! The good news here is that, with some help from Yanistah and Malthu, Sasha should have no problems in keeping everyone fed - barring unexpected developments, that is.

GM Jammin' wrote:
Once it's decided, Sasha comes back and begins asking eagerly after the flying creature. Did anyone see it? Is it very dangerous? I wonder if we'll get to see some when we move the camp.

"I'm sorry Sasha - we've just found its nest and some markings. Personally, after the skirmish with those sea-creatures yesterday, I counted myself lucky to avoid it".

She would then volunteer to take first watch duty again, using the time to perform her daily obediences to Falayna. The day has tired her more than she would admit, though, and after halfheartedly performing some gymnastics by the light of the iridescent waters, she's already half-asleep once it's time to wake up Vazio.

Quick question guys: would you rather follow the same path we took yesterday to get to the future camp location (potentially satisfying Sasha's wish to see the flying creature), or would you prefer going along the southern coast, so as to more thoroughly complete the scouting of the whereabouts?


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

If we're going to move the whole campsite, I vote that we go the way that we've already scouted, if only to avoid any unforeseen complications. If we were to travel the southern coast, we should do it when we're not weighed down with an entire camp's worth of gear plus NPCs in case of surprise dangers.

Eizzach wakes up for his share of the watch period before the dawn, where he can spare the time to prepare his extracts for the day while on lookout. The past night's sleep had him feeling much improved, and his rash from the viper needle plant had all but disappeared.

Extracts prepared:

1st, 2/2 - cure light wounds, identify


Curious, during her watch, Nichelle gets up from her position to halve the distance between her and the glowing tide, curious about what it might be. Not that she had any idea of any spiritual or arcane workings, but it was quite a mesmerizing sight. Pretty, perhaps.. It was something new that she probably ought to ask Jask or both of the Gnomes about. It seemed like something that she could watch for a while and see something new every time.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Vazio spends his watch time staring into the depths of space.

Well, we've made it through one day. There might be hope for this group yet. Let's see if we can all survive tomorrow.


Grrr stupid glowy water wont let people sleep...


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

EDIT: Upon returning to the camp, Xabala offers Aerys the berries that they had found by the river. "I hope that this can assist in your attempt to remove the yoke from your back."

---

Upon awakening, Xabala communes with the Elements through her monkey familiar, Bindi.


Aerys accepts the berries with a grateful look on her face. That night she retires a little away from the others.

The next morning comes, the sun rising off to the East. The night's chill flees away and the day's heat begins to replace it. People begin getting up and working about the camp. Eventually, Gelik approaches, Well, are we moving camp this morning?


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"I should think so," Eizzach replied. "If we want to ensure that we're set up by nightfall we'd best be setting off bright and early. Everyone else in agreement?"


"Nggghhh yeah..." Lalaru manages to mumble in agreement, still not used to waking up this early.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Well rested after a dreamless night of refreshing sleep, Yanistah is ready to spring on her feet as soon as dawn rises. She opts to take advantage of her early head-start to gather some fresh fruit and berries for breakfast, which she then proceeds to share with the group.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 I picture this action as merely cosmetic, and not counting towards fulfilling the daily consumption quota

Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"If we want to ensure that we're set up by nightfall we'd best be setting off bright and early. Everyone else in agreement?"

Having little if anything to add to Eizzach's statement, Yani only silently nods in heartfelt approval.

Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"Nggghhh yeah..." Lalaru manages to mumble in agreement, still not used to waking up this early.

Still feeling guilty for the way she woke up Lalaru the day before, this time Yani goes for a softer approach, crouching beside her half-awake form and offering her some of the fruits she picked up.

"Time to rise and shine, Lalaru. I've brought you a little bit of food to break your fast".

************************************************************************

Once everyone's ready to depart, she offers to lead the group along the same route they took the day before, keeping an eye out for edibles as they make their way along the cliff.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

At some point during the march, she makes sure to check on Aerys Mavato and her condition. "So... Did those berries we collected have some sort of effect? It took quite a bit of slashing and chopping to get to them - not to mention the scratches - but if it helped in easing your affliction, I'd call it an effort well worth the outcome".


"Breakfast in bed is always nice, now if I could just get the bed part." Yani's offer helps to melt some of Lalaru's wakening lag, her response genuine.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Compared to cold stone floor upon which I used to lay my pallet back in Magnimar, this island's soft sands feel almost comfortable. But to a creature like her, used to sleeping lulled by the waves, they most likely resemble a bed of thorns - and yet, she has no choice in the matter if she wants to stay within the safety of the camp.

"Indeed. A pity the Jenivere's lower decks have been all but washed away, or we could at least have scavenged some more conveniences. Though even then, if we're moving our camp today as we planned, we would have had a hard time carrying them with us" Yani muses in sympathetic yet contrived tone.


"And that is exactly why they made palanquins for."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Really? A palanquin? Who does the fish think she is?

Vazio decides not to say anything as the group makes its way back to the promising camp site location.


With the sun waking them up as soon as it got too bright to stand, Nichelle was a zombie. It was what she got for watching the waves for as long as she did, she supposed. Repacking the lab was a matter of habit for her, though her packing was broken up with intermittent yawns, shuffling through the sand back and forth. The puppy-dog eyes for the small magic from Gelik was not as effective as they were before, but her smile was genuine.

"What's the new ~yawn~ campsite like?", she could not help but ask Lalaru, her curiosity getting the better of her, even when she still tired. A piece of fruit was eaten with little ceremony, but eventually, she was ready to move with the others. It was almost easy to forget that they were stranded here, if it were not for wearing the same clothing and foraging for food, and the lack of beds-- Okay, so she never really forgot, but it was something that she tried to do.


"Oh it's nice, plenty of shade and a nice stream to lounge in. Yani could give you a more detailed look, or you you could just let your imagination run wild and build suspense." As opposed to her awakening she was now happily slithering back and forth as the group traveled to the new campsite.


It only takes an hour, and the camp is all packed up ready to go. You look up at the sun. The day is already starting to heat up. You've still got a few good hours of travel, but perhaps it is time to get going.

Which way did you decide you were taking?


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

If no one has any objections, why don't we just go back the way that we came.

Eizzach's shoulders bear a much more modest load this time around; he doesn't have an extract active this time, and the whole group is available now to distribute the weight of the gear.

"Shall we be off?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

@Eizzach: I was convinced I'd stated something about seconding that decision somewhere but only now I realize I never did. I'm fine with taking the path we followed yesterday (which I take being the faster one along the cliff rather than the slower route through the jungle - correct me if I'm wrong).

Yanistah loads on her shoulders all the weight she can comfortably carry. "Indeed. Let's go" she answers Eizzach.

************************************************************************

Nichelle Crassior wrote:
"What's the new ~yawn~ campsite like?", she could not help but ask Lalaru, her curiosity getting the better of her, even when she still tired.
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"Oh it's nice, plenty of shade and a nice stream to lounge in. Yani could give you a more detailed look, or you you could just let your imagination run wild and build suspense."

"Basically, what Lalaru said. It's nicely nested between a river and a cliff, so it should be easily defensible. There's a waterfall nearby, where the river reaches the cliff's edge. All in all, you might call it pretty... picturesque".


Lalaru can't help but roll her eyes as Yani finishes her sentence. "Of course now that you said it like that it's bound to have something unpleasent waiting for us when we get there."


Trudging along, Nichelle's face darkened as she clearly wanted more sleep. Her fault, and she had no one to blame, but the lack of it was something that she could take out on something. "Bet I'll be more unpleasant with it than it will be with us..", she grumbled, more to herself than anything else.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"Spares me some foraging..." Yani half-jokingly replies to Lalaru, cracking her knuckles.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"Life is full of surprises," Eizzach muses, "there's just no guarantee that we'll like any of them. Speaking of which, what do you think the odds are that we'll run into that creature that's been leaving tracks about the island? I'm hoping we can at least get the camp set up before the misfortune befalls of having it stumble upon us."


2d100 ⇒ (19, 57) = 76

Traveling along the cliffs, you move by the nest--which is empty again--and make your way to the new campsite. You finally arrive around noon. You can hear the nearby river as it moves swiftly over the edge of the cliff. The lush green jungle that surrounds you chatters with animal noises. The heat presses down through the canopy of trees overhead. There is a nice clearing here that will work for a campsite.


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Xabala smiles as she enters the shade of the jungle. "Ahh, this is closer to things I am familiar with, but may be more difficult to keep an eye out for trouble."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"Indeed - I hope the the cliff and the nearby river will make up for that. Any threat coming from the mainland would either have to brave a long climb or take a substantial detour to reach our position. At least - any non-winged threat" she adds, nervously eyeing the sky above.

************************************************************************

Even with the midday heat creeping upon the group, Yanistah figures there's not too much time to waste if they want to have a camp set up before nightfall; she accordingly takes it upon herself to start unpacking their things and arrange them back into an acceptable base camp.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 To try to avoid the consequences of working in the hot weather.

Ouch. Sorry for the mediocre rolls guys. I don't know how may Fortitude saves I need - feel free to roll them for me GM Jammin'

To anyone offering to help before the heat wave has somewhat subsided, Yanistah politely declines, claiming that "There's no need for more than one of us to go through this ordeal - let the tough girl handle that".

Any non-lethal damage should heal throughout the night - figured that Eizzach, Xabala and Nichelle would rather use this time to complete their potion-brewing...


Finding herself not of much use in setting up the camp Lalaru politely declines Yani's polite decline and coils herself around the monk and attempts to roll her into the river to keep her from overexerting herself.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Too busy sweating under the hot sun, Yani is caught completely flat-footed by Lalaru's coils wrapping around her and, before she even knows it, she finds herself grappled by the merfolk courtesan.

Grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 I think it should barely be enough, since the grappled condition imposes a -4 penalty to DEX which reduces both opponents' CMD by 2

Panicking a bit and pushing with all her might, she barely manages to slip out of Lalaru's muscular tail before she realizes they're both rolling into the river. The nearby waterfall and her utter lack of natatorial skills, instead of escaping, makes her cling to the merfolk Lady all the more. Technically, this should mean I've now reversed grappled Lalaru


I just remembered Yani doesn't know how to swim... I am at your mercy.

Splashing into water Lalaru can't help but smile. "Well that was fun. But more seriously though Yani, you got to learn to take it easy sometimes, I don't want you breaking down on us..." Carefully adjusting her grip to keep the monk from freaking out even more she adds "Care to learn how to swim now? Or do you just want to float for a bit?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Swim (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Even trying to cling to Lalaru to the best of her ability, Yani apparently makes a poor excuse for a swimmer; that, combined with the waterfall's proximity making her somewhat nervous, has her soon pleading her friend to carry her back to the bank.

"I'm afraid the old Varisian adage is right - Shoanti and water don't really mix. But thank you for trying to teach me nonetheless. One day I'll have you make good on your offer - though I hope you'll go for a... less enthusiastic approach" she says still coughing up water.

"As for breaking down... Don't worry. I can take it. Everyone has a purpose here: Eizzach's a scholar and a healer, Xabala's a wise woman... and I'm good at lifting loads and kicking things. Perhaps that's the plan Falayna had in store for me: end up here so I can help you guys escape this island. I'm just... trying to do my part in my own, limited way." She smiles shyly before resuming her work.

Yeah, that CHA malus plus the Doubt drawback come with a bit of low self-esteem ;)


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

On the way to the new campsite, Vazio scans the skies for any sign of what built the large nest. Not seeing anything does not ease his mind, however.

Once at the camp, he helps with getting things set up. He watches the mermaid and the tall human horse around for a bit, but does not seem amused by the frivolity.

When it appears that people have settled a little, he says to the group:

Perhaps Jarsk, Aerys, and the others can finish establishing camp here, and the scouting party can return to the abandoned campsite we found yesterday. If possible, I would like to track down our former captain, and have him answer some questions I have.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

"I suppose that's worth a try," Eizzach concedes to the halfling. "Assuming that the good captain is still breathing, that is. Still, morbid as it is to say, even the presence of a body can at least answer one question about what happened to him."


Relenting, the merfolk will gingerly carry the monk back to dry land. "And I will be happy to teach you that or anything else. I'll just wait for you to ask next time."

Listening to Yani talk with a passive smile on her face Lalaru can't help but ask, "But what then, is my purpose?"


Nichelle helped where she could with the setup and tried to make sense of the camp in relation to where they were, but she easily lost her way. She guessed that her sense of direction was not used to trees that looked all the same and lots of green. The second that everything was declared done, she went about setting up the Alchemy kit, and then promptly stretched out before it and went back to sleep. Just a short nap...


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"But what then, is my purpose?"

"Making it out of here. There are cities like Magnimar where people would gather in flocks to see your performances - we would be cruel to deprive them of such an opportunity. In the meantime, I'm sure Alton's rapier will have its fair share of chances to be put to good use" she concludes with a wink.

Vazio Tanzer wrote:
Perhaps Jarsk, Aerys, and the others can finish establishing camp here, and the scouting party can return to the abandoned campsite we found yesterday. If possible, I would like to track down our former captain, and have him answer some questions I have.
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"I suppose that's worth a try," Eizzach concedes to the halfling. "Assuming that the good captain is still breathing, that is. Still, morbid as it is to say, even the presence of a body can at least answer one question about what happened to him."

"It should be feasible. The trail they left starts not far from here. I can lead you all there if you so wish."

I concur with following this particular lead. Other than that, just waiting for the GM to determine how much time it took to set up camp again and how much - if any - non-lethal damage Yanistah took due to the weather conditions.


Content with Yani's response she pulls out Alton's sword for a few superfluous flourishes as her mouth starts to curl into a rakish smirk. "So my purpose is to be awesome? I can live with that."

401 to 450 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.