GM Jammin's Serpent's Skull (Inactive)

Game Master YanJieming

Map


201 to 250 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

As she's digging, Yani keeps a close eye on the ongoing events, trying to get a hunch on the other five castaways' intents and moods.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Before burying them, she respectfully checks for any possession the two might have had that would be more useful to the living than to the dead, whispering a thanksgiving prayer to the soul of whoever has been owning it in life.

I know. But loot sounds like such a rude word


GM Jammin' wrote:
Stepping back he holds out a hand, I'm Gelik Aberwhinge. Pathfinder extraordinaire. He bows deeply, flourishing his cloak. I have srurvived many strange adventures in the wilderness, though I much prefer to have company when I do.

Nichelle cannot help but laugh, as it seems a bit of her play was caught by the gnome, and she swept a tiny curtsy, taking Gelik's hand in a fair show of civility. "Very well met, Sir Aberwhinge. I would call you Gelik, if you please. I find humor to be a saving grace in many a situation, and it is wonderful to find a kindred spirit, let alone a Pathfinder." Releasing his hand, she straightened and looked at the others, nodding to Lalaru in recognition of her introduction (and eyeing her tail).

Sasha's expression return to being a wet blanket earned a bit of a frustrated glare from Nichelle. "I think I'm going to have to institute a personal rule: 'Sulky Sasha gets pranked..' I think it has a nice ring to it." Following that statement, Nichelle put on her best "innocent" look, that said anything but.
______________________

Yani beats Bluff:
She did miss some introductions, though not as many as she puts on, and ease of her expressions make her pretty skilled at acting.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Yanistah, GM Jammin'-- Don't sweat it, for my part I'll try to read more carefully from here on out.

While Lalaru and Nichelle talk, Eizzach listens in as he assists Yanistah and the others in burying the bodies.

"A Pathfinder?" Eizzach murmurs to those not also engaged in the conversation. "My, but they do have a track record of showing up in the strangest places."


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

Malthu observes Sasha being loud about something as the party approaches the beach-goers. Once the chest is brought over, he will go about gathering what supplies exist for shelter. Tents, rope, food, and the like for getting a camp ready.

"We should move in from the beach. The tide can be nasty when it comes in. Although not too far. Maybe a clearing exists that we can use."

Malthu says to the others. He waits for a response before doing anything else.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Yes, setting up camp would be a good idea. I think having another set of hands to help would also be a good idea.

Motioning toward Jask, Vazio states:

We found a set of keys on what's left of the Jeneviere. I suspect one of them will open those bracelets around your wrists. Assuming you aren't some homicidal maniac, we can take them off and you can help us set up camp.

Vazio extends his hand out to Lalaru, fully expecting her to hand him the key ring.


Lalaru will produce the keys and dangle them in air, allowing then clang and clatter gently back and forth, but makes no moves to hand them over.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"A Pathfinder?" Eizzach murmurs to those not also engaged in the conversation. "My, but they do have a track record of showing up in the strangest places."

Knowledge (local or nobility): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"I have to admit, I know them in name only" she chimes in, a bit ashamed of her own ignorance. "I've spent so much time studying the mysteries of the planes above, that I've only recently come to recognize how little I know of the world that surrounds us."

Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
Lalaru will produce the keys and dangle them in air, allowing then clang and clatter gently back and forth, but makes no moves to hand them over.

Well, this is going to be interesting. Our merfolk lady surely doesn't take orders from anyone.

Yani, assisted by Eizzach, is going to keep digging until the ditches are deep enough for the burial - GM Jammin', feel free to decide how much time that takes. If a discussion flares up, however, she would momentarily put down the shovel to assist Lalaru in upholding her position of not freeing the prisoner immediately before we know something more about him.


Yanistah:
Gelik, Aerys and Ishirou seem to all be somewhat helpful, or at least willing to follow the group. Sasha and Jask seem more reserved and less cooperative.

Also, you are aware that there is something wrong with Gelik's claim at being a Pathfinder.

Your digging takes 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 hours. About one for the first grave, and 2 for the second. On Alton's body you find his masterwork studded leather armor. Other than that, he has only his clothes.

Jask looks stunned, No, I am not a homicidal maniac. In fact I am completely innocent of the charges against me. I've been framed by others who are indeed culpable. He holds out his manacled hands to the halfling before him.

Gelik laughs out loud at the denial of guilt, Show me a truly innocent man and I'll show you a man with a terrible memory. But why not let him go. He waves his hand in dissmissal, It's not like he can go anywhere. Gelik gestures around at the empty skyline where nothing but water can be seen.

Ishirou stares at Gelik for a moment before turning to Vazio, eyebrows knit together, Are you sure this is wise. He is a prisoner. And it seems it truly is that simple for the man.

When you are ready to set up the camp, someone can make a survival check, and everyone else make an assist attempt. I will add in the attepts of the NPC's after it is clear who will be helping.


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

"Framed you say? That is horrible. What were you framed for and why?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

The first SM was for his plea of innocence, the second is for what he says next.


Lalaru:
He seems to be telling the truth. . . .

Jask looks up, It is indeed horrible. Even worse, I was framed by a high ranking official of the Sargavan government. He gives a bitter laugh, So forgive me if I seem a little happy to be on this island. Even if I die here, it's still an extension over what I'd have in Sargava.

He sits silently, eyes fixed on a distant point down the beach. It seems as if he won't say any more when he speaks again, eyes still fixed on the beach, I used to be a clerk for Tamwyn Rendrimere, he nearly spits the name out, a Sargavan official. While going through some paperwork, I found evidence that some other officials were involved in theft and collusion with a few free captains of the Shackles. I brought this to Tamwyn's attention. He told me he would take care of it, only I soon discovered he was involved as well. He took care of it by framing me for the very crime. So I ran. Cheliax seemed as good a place as any to avoid my fate.


"But then you ran and got caught... Probably cause you went from little devil country to big devil country."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Yanistah "Yani" Stands-Tall wrote:
Eizzach Bitterbalm wrote:
"A Pathfinder?" Eizzach murmurs to those not also engaged in the conversation. "My, but they do have a track record of showing up in the strangest places."
"I have to admit, I know them in name only" she chimes in, a bit ashamed of her own ignorance. "I've spent so much time studying the mysteries of the planes above, that I've only recently come to recognize how little I know of the world that surrounds us."

"Though I'd say there's something fishy in his claims" she adds shortly after. "They say the man who has to remember everyone he is king is no true king at all - something doesn't quite add up"

Sense Motive to evaluate Jask's sincerity

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Yanistah lays the shovel down and takes a few steps in Lalaru's direction

"For what is worth, I think he's telling the truth" she whispers.


Leaning in a little too close to Yani, even for a whisper "At this point I'm about to free him just on principle. Anyone who gets arrested for screwing with those devil humpers is okay in my book."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

"I like the way you think." If she's particularly bothered by the intrusion into her personal space, she's now allowing herself to show it. "Even in Magnimar I've heard stories about devil worshipping Cheliax, each one more unpleasant than the other"

"So, are we setting him free? We've still got a funeral to hold - for whoever cares to participate, that is - and a camp to set up"


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"Jask seems trustworthy to me. Let's hold this funeral, we have things to do."

Once the rites have been read, Malthu begins looking for a suitable clearing in which to make camp. If he is successful in finding a spot he will begin setting everything up.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

"Considering where we are, we need every hand available, just for survival. Release him so he may assist."


After the others chime in Lalaru will go to work on the manacles, trying key after key until they come off. When they do she'll scoop up the manacles. "Sweet, got a pair of bindings."


Spoiler of Many Rolls:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d100 ⇒ 39
1d100 ⇒ 78
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d4 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d4 ⇒ 1

Jask holds out his hands. Lalaru unlocks the manacles and they fall to the ground. They jingle as she scoops them up and into her pack. Jask stands and embraces Lalaru, moving on one by one to the nearest people. When he embraces Ishirou, the man puts his arms up, but gets caught anyway. When Jask lets go, Ishirou walks away, shaking himself.

Thank you, I will help. Jask's lips curve in a big smile.

It would've been kind of funny if after all that discussion none of the keys fit.

After a few hours work digging the graves and performing the funerals, you all begin setting up a camp place. You find a clearing on the edge of the jungle. Gelik, Aerys, Jask and Ishirou all pitch in, but Sasha claims sickness and sits out. Despite Gelik's fumblings and the growing heat, you are able to set up camp in only 1 hour, and it is quite the nice setup. The canvas sheets make two rudimentary sheltars. A firepit sits in the center and some places to sit and relax. Using the block and tackle, Malthu creates a small place to store excess food off the ground.

After it's all done, Gelik seems to be one of the few not exhausted. Aerys, Jask and Ishirou each sit down, sweat dripping from their foreheads.

I need Fort saves from everyone.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Then there would be a blood hunt for that damn key out of pure principle RAWR!

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
If it would make things easier, please feel free to roll anything reflexive (saves, init, etc.) if it would make things easier for you. I wouldn't have minded if you rolled this check at all! :)


I figured I'd also give you a chance to describe anything you did during that four hour period. In addition, feel free to let me know what you're doing next. This is just a save vs working in the heat for fatigue. Not going to effect much of what you do next.


Well, since this post got eaten by the 1-hr edit timer, I'll try this again and not forget to copy this time!

~{During the 4-hour span}~
Nichelle bounced about between helping set up, setting up her portable Alchemy kit a little ways away in the shade, and bugging Sasha. She had cut the tails of the scorpions and was doing the best she could with what she had to see if any of their poison could be used to make the antitoxin that she had mentioned in her introduction. If Sasha was still being a sulky, uncooperative lump, she was going to find that Nichelle set up her kit close enough to talk to her, but just far enough away to give her a (tiny) bit of space.

"Hey Sasha", she started, holding up one of her daggers by the hilt and offering it to miss sullen. "You mind doing me a favor and helping me crack this shell? I'm trying to get to the poison, and I kinda need more hands." To illustrate her point, she held up the tail, all curled up as it was from the creature's death, and straightened it with one hand, and let it go, watching it curl up again. "I could maybe use my feet, but that seems a bit unclean, maybe?"

Nichelle's boots were in the sand next to her setup, and her setup, despite her personality, seemed very neat and ordered, rather than the haphazard setup that some might expect. "How're you feeing? I know we haven't had any water, that's why I've got that going!" A gesture was given to a setup where she was boiling some seawater, that was being carried through a hose to drip into another smallish container. Aware that what it might yield was probably insufficient, she looked a bit contrite. "I'm aware it might not be much, though..."
________________________
Survival to harvest tail-goodies: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Working that Natural Charm @Sasha!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Ah, missed the "over four hours" bit. gotcha


Lalaru goes about trying to help in anyway she can, in very short minute intervals. It becomes painfully obvious that she does not enjoy manual labor of any sort, her amount of breaks far outweighing her amount of work contributed, but she does try.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Devil worship is the aspect of the Chelish government that you have a problem with?

Vazio states in a questioning voice as he cocks an eyebrow at the mermaid.

I’ve seen devils that look more human than her. And yet she has no problem with leaving a man in chains.

Vazio stands aside and watches as Lalaru unlocks Jask. He visibly frowns when she keeps the shackles, but decides not to say anything.
*********

Vazio assists in any way he can in setting up the camp. As he does so, he tends to gravitate towards Jask, trying to engage him in conversation.

I believe we found your belongings on the ship. They are over there in that footlocker. Is it true that you are one of the faithful of Nethys? I myself am a devotee of the All Seeing Eye. How is it you came to work for the Sargavan government?

Survival(untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 15

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


"The Devils? No, I just know they really hate that nickname. As for why I hate Cheliax, oh let me count the ways: The rampant slavery, the pathetic sense of superiority and entitlement all too common to humanity, the garish clothing and architecture, the cheap cigars, how most of them are prudes on the outside but a beast on the inside that never gets set free, their all around douchebaggery, the slavery, the Hellknights, the taxes, the horrible excuse for entertainment they try to pass off as opera, did I mention the slavery?" She stops for a beat when she sees Vazio's face sour. "Oh don't worry, I only tie up people who want to be tied up."


"The wine is quite nice though. Courtesy of guests from The Shackles."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

Once they’re done inhuming the dead, Yanistah shares a bit of what they’ve learned during their short expedition onboard the Jenivere with those who instead opted to stay on the beach (i.e. the NPCs).

”First Mate Devers seems to have perished only recently, apparently just a few hours before dawn. We slayed the creature that killed him – another one of those same scorpion-things that attacked us on the beach, albeit larger. Nasty beast that one” she says, patting on her not-yet-fully-healed thigh to highlight her point. ”Or at least, that’s Master Eizzach’s opinion, though after his medicine skills saved me from nearly sharing Alton’s fate, I know better than to second-guess him in his field of expertise” she adds, pointing to the sting mark in her side.

”This, coupled with the fact that the footprints we discovered on the beach were only leading to and from the shore, leads me to believe that it is him whom we own our lives to. It’s just a theory, mind you, but… well… I’d like to think it would suit his character, you know?”

”As for Rambar Terillo… he apparently has been dead for more than a day now, so he can’t be the one responsible for poisoning us.”

Ugh. I’m terrible at eulogies, she realizes.

**************************************************************

During the funeral, she chants a short prayer for the souls of the departed.

"Falayana, Domina et Dea,
horum hominum animas tuere et duc
sphaerarum inter pericula externarum
ut salvae perveniant ad Pharasmae iudicium
recte iudicandae meritis culpisque viventium."

Celestial:
"Falayna, my Lady and Goddess,
preserve and lead those men's souls
among the perils of the external spheres
so that they may safely reach Pharasma's judgement
to be justly tried according to their merits and faults in life."

**************************************************************

Shortly after the funeral, she approaches Lalaru.

Lalaru:
"Alton's was wearing this when he died - it seems very finely crafted, and I reckoned it would have been a waste to bury it with him. I... I think he would have agreed. Do you think you might have a use for it?" Yani says, presenting the merfolk woman with a masterwork studded leather armor.

**************************************************************

Seeing Nichelle trying to harvest some of the eurypterid's venom to craft some anti-toxin, she stops by to help, having experienced first-hand the nastiness of its effects.

Survival (aid another): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

After that, she works hard to help Malthu and the others set up a camp, apparently shrugging off the blistering heat with no adverse effect.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Lalaru almost goes bug eyed at being presented the dead man's armor but composes herself on account of her earlier joke backfiring. "T-thanks..." hesitantly she will take and don the armor.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"You're welcome - though I'd suggest washing it beforehand" Yani replies with a smile. "And it might not be the only thing in sore need of a good washing" she adds, suddenly aware of her own gore-splattered, blood-crusted persona.


"Good point." Slithering down to the waves she'll do her best to get the blood out of her gift, not to mention all the grime and sweat she had built up from the little work she did.


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Xabala examines the nearby plant-life for potentially useful herbs, much like the leaves Bindi had discovered earlier that could be made into teas or poultices for the sick or injured.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Craft (alchemy): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

The half-ekujae then moves over to Sasha to see how the woman fares. "Please tell me what ails you miss. Perhaps I can help."

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Malthu works dilligently at setting up the camp. He notices when Sasha refuses to participate while feigning sickness. He'll deal with her when the time comes.

When everything is done, he sits down to take a breather.

"Well done!" he says to everyone that helped out.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

Eizzach had spent the first hour of the four-hour period making himself useful while his extract of ant haul was still active. Lifting gear and bodies, digging, or doing whatever else required a strong back--anything that needs doing.

Once his extract had worn off, Eizzach went to assist Xabala in examining the nearby plants for useful herbs and healing the others.

Aid Another: Knoweldge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Aid Another: Craft (alchemy): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Aid Another: Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

A 10 or higher on the check gives Xabala a +2 bonus to her check.


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6
Lalaru Thalassa wrote:
"Good point." Slithering down to the waves she'll do her best to get the blood out of her gift, not to mention all the grime and sweat she had built up from the little work she did.

Lalaru:
"Wait for me!" Yani screams, as she strips out of her gown and breast band and steps into the surf. As a Falaynite, she has never placed too much value in the taboo against nudity (what was the point in concealing a perfectly fine body, anyway?) - plus, unlike most other warriors, she figures her fighting style makes her no less dangerous naked than clothed.

Once she reaches a point where the waters are deep enough, she starts washing her clothing, though her lack of swimming prowess prevents her from following Lalaru any further. After watching the merfolk lady elegantly splashing around for a while, as soon as she moves back towards the shore she asks her "You could leave this place anytime you want, you know that, don't you?"


Lalaru takes 1d4 ⇒ 3 points non-lethal damage.
Vazio 1d4 ⇒ 2 points non-lethal damage.
Xabala 1d4 ⇒ 2 points non-lethal damage.
All three of you are fatigued until you've healed the damage.

Yanistah wrote:
”As for Rambar Terillo… he apparently has been dead for more than a day now, so he can’t be the one responsible for poisoning us.”

Aerys stands up looking confued at this point, Wait, he was at dinner last night. He was the one who served us. As you think about it, you realize she was right, and you see that several people around her are nodding.

Later as Xabala and Eizzach search for herbs they are able to find several useful plants nearby. Nichelle works on her antitoxin and is successful in her endeavors as well.

Xabala and Eizzach are able to find what equates to the material cost for your next attempt at crafting bodybalm, bloodblock or soothesyrup. Nichelle same for you exept you can craft antitoxin or a eurypterid poison. I can get you the stats on the eurypterid poison if you choose to craft that.

Sash sighs heavily, but stands to help Nichelle. She gingerly reaches for the stinger, but once she has a hold of it, she seems fascinated by it. Finally after some time she turns to Nichelle, I don't trust you. I have too many experiences with the Red Mantis' to trust anyone from that place. Their work finished, Sasha sets down the stinger and moves off into camp.

When Eizzach and Xabala come her way, she tries to wave them off, but is unsuccessful. She complains and groans as the check her over to see what is wrong, but she finally settles down to wait and let them finish.

You notice nothing wrong with her.


At Yani's words Lalaru can't help but develop a rather goofish grin.
"I can? Rrrrrreeeeeaaaalllyyy?" she says with the most pleading childlike voice she can muster.


Sasha Nevah wrote:
Sasha sighs heavily, but stands to help Nichelle. She gingerly reaches for the stinger, but once she has a hold of it, she seems fascinated by it. Finally after some time she turns to Nichelle, I don't trust you. I have too many experiences with the Red Mantis' to trust anyone from that place. Their work finished, Sasha sets down the stinger and moves off into camp.

Knowing better than to press her luck, Nichelle watches Sasha go and pouts, before she realizes something. "Wait! You know what they're like?" The tone in her voice is full of curiosity and a bit of awe. "What are they like? Can you tell me? I love hearing stories!" She had started to get up, but one of the containers started to bubble over, and she squeaked, turning to save what they had salvaged. Minutes later, the rest of what she had said sunk in. "Hey!! I'm Varisian, not a Mediogaltian!", she shouted back. "Yeesh.. that's a mouthful", she said to herself. "I wonder if they shorten it to 'Galtian', or something.." Shaking her head, she turned back to tending what they had, starting the work on an antitoxin. It was likely not going to be done for a while, but just having some on hand would be good.

As she worked, a grin grew.. Sasha thought her declaration of "Sulky Sasha gets pranked" was just talk? Just wait until tonight.. She was laughing to herself rather mischievously, and she did make sure that the scorpion tails were not discarded, either..
_________________
Stranded on an unknown island, survial in doubt? Just the thing to liven up the situation: PRANK WARS!


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"I guess this is when you deflect my questions with sarcasm. Fair enough. You're surely entitled to your own motives, Lady Lalaru" Yani replies, more amused than annoyed.

"By the way, all those maps and papers we found in the captain's room - are they still in chest we carried? They might be worth a look."

GM Jammin', would you allow survival checks to help others endure the heat? What about survival checks to gather food and water - would they take a whole day, preventing a character to do anything else?


"As are we all. Maybe I just like your company. Maybe the fact that we're dealing with a murder mystery is keeping me here... It's the former, though the latter helps." Her goofish grin slowly switching to a coy smile smile as she speaks.

"Hmm, I don't think I put them in the locker, they're hopefully still in my backpack."


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

"At least it's nice to know that, should things go south, there will still be someone who's going to tell our tale" she muses, as if talking to herself.

"Regarding the murder mystery, all we know is that someone killed and then impersonated cook Terillo - that same someone who most likely poisoned us. There's at least a dozen sailors, plus the captain and that Varisian scholar, who are still unaccounted for. I'm grasping at straws here, but maybe there's something in the captain's papers that could help us."

"And... I too like the company I'm presently in" she adds, and then pauses. "I wish the same could be said for Sasha too. Come on, let's look at those papers" she sighs, putting her wet clothes back on.

She's a Calistrian courtesan with a heart of gold. She's a gruff vigilante who would rather have her knuckles do her talking. Together, they solve crimes.


Yes, the survival checks to help endure heat would be no problem. As for collecting food . . . you do have some NPC's who seem willing to help around camp, maybe try talking to them first. . . .

Lalaru and Yanistah:
The maps are very helpful. One shows the Jenivere's route down the west coast of Gerund, while the other shows desperation bay. Smuggler's Shiv is shown on this second map. You are able to get little more than the shape of the island from it, but there is also a note warning to stay away from the island because it's waters are dangerous.

The captain's log is more interesting. Earlier entries from previous voyages are precise in recording progress and events along the way, as are entries from the first two-thirds of this last trip. But as you read further, the entries become less common--sometimes missing several days entirely. The entries that do appear seem to center increasingly on Ieana. Some are nothing more than poorly written love poems. Near the end of the log, Captain Kovack begins complaining that other members of the crew are eyeing "his Ieana," and that something may need to be done about it. In particular he suspects Alton of being in love with her. Several entries pointedly say that he wishes Alton would just "have an accident." The final entry is perhaps the most disturbing, for in it the captain writes of how he’s changed course for Smuggler’s Shiv at Ieana’s request. He hopes that the two of them can make a home on the remote island, but also notes that the crew are growing increasingly agitated at the ship’s new course. The captain muses that “something may need to be done about the crew” if their suspicions get any worse.


More gold filigreed actually.

"Aw, I was really hoping it was some sort of Blood Hunt that led us here. Instead it's the same boring reason as always, some guy thinking with his dick instead of his head."

Linguistics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Does the later pages appear to have the same handwriting?


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Void-Touched) 1; HP 12/12; AC 13 (T 13, FF 11); Init +4; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; Per +2;
Spells/Abilities:
1st: 3/4, Motes: 7/7

Hey GM, I tried to start up a conversation with Jask. How is that going?

Vazio puts a big effort into helping set up the camp. Unfortunately, he is not used to the heat and humidity of the southern jungle, and has a rough go of it. Collapsing into the shade, he pants out:

I'm not up for it today, but maybe tomorrow, we should try to find a hill top or a mountain peak. That would give us a good view of the island. If this place is frequented by smugglers and bandits, maybe we can get passage off the island. With those types, any service is generally negotiable.


Male Middle-Aged Gnome Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 1 | HP 10/11 {effects: none} | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 14 | F +2, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | low-light vision, perc +7

While the others are busy, Eizzach lays out bundles of herbs on a sheet of sailcloth and begins preparing them for long-term storage. He looks over at the half-ekujae woman with concern.

"Well, seems to me we've got enough here to make either a dose of bodybalm, bloodblock, or soothesyrup, but only one, so we've got a choice on our hands. Soothesyrup's the easiest to make, not a whole lot of chance of screwing that up, but all it's really good for is to help prevent nausea for an hour after taking it. Bodybalm and bloodblock are harder to create, but are more useful in a pinch, as they can treat poison and disease or to assist in first aid or treating deadly wounds, respectively. What do you think, Xabala?"

He takes a long look at the state of Xabala's eyes.

"Miss Kybwa'ka, not that you asked for my opinion, but you're not looking too good there. You try and force yourself awake much longer and that monkey of yours is going to be a bigger asset to the group than you'll be. Are you sure that you don't want to sit this one out and get some shut-eye?"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

If Lalaru's okay with that, Yani would then proceed to share their discoveries with the others - both PCs and NPCs - asking for their wisdom on the whole situation.

Vazio Tanzer wrote:

Vazio puts a big effort into helping set up the camp. Unfortunately, he is not used to the heat and humidity of the southern jungle, and has a rough go of it. Collapsing into the shade, he pants out:

I'm not up for it today, but maybe tomorrow, we should try to find a hill top or a mountain peak. That would give us a good view of the island. If this place is frequented by smugglers and bandits, maybe we can get passage off the island. With those types, any service is generally negotiable.

"We were drugged, shipwrecked, almost eaten, and in spite of all this we managed to scavenge what we could and set up a nice camp - I'd say we call it a day. Most of us are either exhausted or bruised, anyway. Tomorrow, we should start exploring. Luckily Lalaru found some maps that could prove useful in that endeavor. As for smugglers, Xabala said this island is usually avoided by sailors and bandits alike - which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, considered we wouldn't have many chips to throw in at the bargaining table"


Female Human (Shoanti) Monk 1 (Martial Artist) | HP 10/10 {effects: none} | AC 14 (Tch 14 FF 12) | F +4, R +4, W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +6

By the way: Survival check to pinpoint our exact position on the map

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Wildborn Beast-Bonded Witch 1 | HP 8/8 {effects: none} | AC 12 Tch 12 FF 10 | F +1, R +2, W +4 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perc +2

Xabala nods. "Given our location and that the two of us can deal with wounds in another fashion, I would suggest we create the bodybalm. We have already encountered poison, and disease is something that could bring us down..."

The half-ekujae sighs. "Surprisingly, it is the heat. At least in the jungle we can live under the shade of the forest, but out here... hot beach, direct sunlight... Still I will assist. It is funny that you mention Bindi as he will be able to assist as well. If it becomes necessary, I can always use my ability to heal myself."

Bindi has cooperative crafting feat to add +2 circumstance bonus to Craft checks. Since you have the better craft skill, we'll aid you.

Aid another Craft (alchemy): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Aid another Craft (alchemy): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

So a total of +6 (+2 aid from Xabala, +2 aid from Bindi, +2 circumstance from Bindi)


Status:
HP 9/10 AC 13 | T 10 | FF 13 | CMD 15 | F +4 | R +0 | W +4 | Init +0 | Per +6

Malthu watches and listens to the others interact while he takes a breather. After about 10 minutes or so he gets up and moves over to Lalaru.

"Lalaru. I have a small favor to ask. May I borrow those manacles for a few minutes? I have a small task that needs taking care of before it becomes a problem." Malthu has a sly look on his face like he has something interesting planned.

201 to 250 of 509 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Serpent's Skull All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.