GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,901 to 6,950 of 8,079 << first < prev | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | next > last >>

HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well, so far so good," Florence remarks as the statues remain in their places. "I didn't sense any magic from any of the ones here in the room so I think they should be safe," she adds as she moves further into the room as well.

"I'll keep looking though, just in case. At least we know where the holes in the floor are..."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence walks into the room, following Stelle carefully.

She examines the room further, and sees nothing new.

Nidhi continues to wait for the statues to so much as blink. She's starting to relax a bit, as the room appears to be safe...

(Kosei, are you a medium lion or a large one? I'm updating your icon on the map.)


Zilchus walks into the room, airwalking closer to the floor than usual. He dips and dabs his falchion into the floor, trying to find where it exists and doesn't. He follows the lines of Stelle's salt, but mostly wants to find a part that doesn't exist,then carefully airwalk through it.

1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 = 34 Will save for no reason (also +1 more vs. divine magic)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus tries to disbelieve the hole in front of him, but the floor remains.

Everything is fine in fact, as the ladies move about the room… but as soon as one of the men enters, the statues do indeed come to life as if to protect the maidens, and attack the intruders!

Their spears crackle with electricity as they too come to life.

- Round 1 -
Florence - 22+
Stelle - 22-
Graven Guardians of Set - 14
Zilchus - 8
Kosei - 7
Nidhi - 5

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Zilchus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Graven Guardians of Set 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Though the statues clearly begin to move, Florence and Stelle move quicker, and are able to react first. The statue continues to ignore them, extending its spear toward Zilchus overing over the hole.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 22+

Florence is startled by the sudden movement of the statues, but thankfully not startled enough to be caught off-guard. She quickly falls back from the nearest one, putting her back to the northern wall as she tries to recall what she knows about this brand of construct.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

"Zilchus, before you start, I swear these weren't reading as magical two seconds ago!"

She begins to cast a spell and then stomps the ground with her foot, sending burst of seismic force zipping through the stones towards the statue next to the far wall.

Earth Tremor (Bludgeoning): 10d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1, 4, 4, 3, 4, 2, 2) = 29

Spells & Powers:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt + Pearl of Power
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Fairy Ring Retreat

Lesser Extend Rod Uses: 1/3


______________

Flo casts Earth Tremor in a 30 ft. line towards the nearest statue. DC 19 Reflex for half damage and that line of effect becomes cluttered with dense rubble~


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 1, Init 22

Stelle drops her glaive, and grants everyone the ability to move up to their speed as an immediate action once. She backs Anubis up into the hallway drawing her lance and shouts, "No! Stop that! Stop at once!"


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Gee, I kind of like these guys.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence sends a line of rubble against the nearest Guardian, while Stelle prepares a better weapon, and gives everyone the gift of movement.

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 vs DC 19 for half of 29 bludgeoning

He lifts his feet and avoids the worst of it, and DR (which I think applies, but I'm not sure) covers a little more. Still, Florence manages the first damage on the creature. It notices the injury, but does not threaten Florence in any way, nor does it take an AoO with its spear as Stelle moved, though perhaps it was out of range.

You may all, prior to my actions, take a single move if you wish to better position yourselves. I’ll give you the morning, at least, to sort yourselves out before proceeding with the Guardians’ actions.

- Round 1 -
Florence - 22+
Stelle - 22-
Graven Guardians of Set (red) - 14 (-9hp)
Graven Guardians of Set (green) - 14
Graven Guardians of Set (blue) - 14
Zilchus - 8
Kosei - 7
Nidhi - 5

(Next up - Everyone with a single move only.)

(I've noted the Earth Tremor area on the map. Remember it costs two move to enter those squares, but it is not difficult terrain, so I don't think it blocks charging, it just takes more movement to go through which will block 5' steps into or through that area.)


Zilchus is where Zilchus is on the map. Also, DR should not apply as its magic damage, not weapon damage, imho.

Zilchus grouses at getting caught by surprise by the guardians.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(Regarding DR, initially I thought so too, but it's listed as bludgeoning damage in the spell, which leads me to believe it's physical damage not spell damage. Also no SR, which seems to reinforce that idea. Happy to be wrong (it's not a lot of DR either way), but not quite convinced.)

(If I get some time, I'll poke around the boards later to double check.)


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

You made it just perfect, Kosei is a large and terrible lion! :D

Kosei adjusts his position and opens his jaws to cast geyser on the statue at the far end of the room "Fly! Fly!"
Whatever height the room has, up to 50' height. Ref DC 21
Fire damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) = 11
The ceiling impact and fall I leave it to our kind and industrious GM!

If the spell causes physical damage it would be weird for DR not to apply. Summoned creatures for example are affected by DR despite they are a spell, but spiritual weapon is not because it's force damage.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Made Nidhi's single move action for prior to Round 1. See map.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Thanks to Stelle's words Florence quickly skirts around the rubble on the floor and darts back into the hallway, figuring that the statues will have to form a bottleneck if they want to pursue.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

I poked around the boards, and found nothing about whether Earth Tremor applies DR. So I’ll stick to my original ruling for now.

Florence sends a line of rubble against the nearest Guardian, while Stelle prepares a better weapon, and gives everyone the gift of movement. A few take advantage, shifting themselves into better positions. (Kosei - the ceiling in the hall is 10’ and in the room 20’ so you’re floating but at ground level currently as the ceiling is right over your lion’s head.)

The Graven Guardians move together with a single will - all advancing in their own way on the intruder, Zilchus.

Due to the debris, red must move closer to Zilchus (instead of a 5’ step), and so only gets one attack.
red spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 11 + (1) = 14 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)

Blue also must close, and so it too only gets the one swing.
blue spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 11 + (3) = 25 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)

Finally green advances, and you notice it knows where the hole is and carefully avoids it. It cannot quite close as a result, so it throws the spear at Zilchus.
green spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 11 + (3) = 22 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)

The spear disappears as it clatters against the far wall... but reappears in green’s hand once again - ready for action as if by magic - which it most certainly was!

- Round 1 -
Zilchus - 8 (-25hp, bleed 2)
Kosei - 7
Nidhi - 5
- Round 2 -
Florence - 22+
Stelle - 22-
Graven Guardians of Set (red) - 14 (-9hp)
Graven Guardians of Set (green) - 14
Graven Guardians of Set (blue) - 14

(Next up - Zilchus, Kosei (although you’ve already listed his action, you may feel free to change it), and Nidhi to round out round one, then Florence and Stelle to begin round two.)


Round 1, Init 8

Zilchus takes a hard hit that leads to some bleeding, and in angry reaction lunges out at the red statue, then 5' stepping back. Casting SoF as a swift action.

1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 2 = 24 to hit; (+hero)
2d4 + 21 ⇒ (4, 4) + 21 = 29 magic adamantine slashing damage.

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30 to hit; (+hero)
2d4 + 21 ⇒ (2, 3) + 21 = 26 magic adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-25-2/106
AC: 34/30+5 SoF-2 lunge (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 0/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 1/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Sorry, I did not carefully enough read the initiative.

Kosei springs up his geyser on green as for his initial idea, but he puts its center of effect 5' to the north than where it is right now in the map


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Green Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 to avoid 11hp fire damage and two 20’ falls falling: 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) + (3, 2) = 17 and prone
I wonder at how large a creature this spell can affect, but I’ll leave that thought alone for now.

The falling damage is subject to DR but not the fire.

Nidhi, Florence, and Stelle still to go.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 2, Init 22

Stelle lets out a low growl when the statues fail to heed her.

"Excuse me, Florence," she says, having Anubis move 5 feet south (immediate action Order of the Dragon).

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25 -PA
for Damage: 3d6 + 24 + 6d6 + 9 + 15 ⇒ (3, 3, 5) + 24 + (5, 5, 2, 6, 1, 1) + 9 + 15 = 79 +PA, +Holy
Too big to trip

Anubis Improved Overrun
ImpOverRun: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 22+

"And of course I didn't think to prepare some of my better magics against constructs today," Florence sighs. For lack of any better ideas she conjures glitter to hopefully blind Red (or Blue if Red is dead).

Spells & Powers:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt + Pearl of Power
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Fairy Ring Retreat

Lesser Extend Rod Uses: 1/3


______________

Florence will cast Glitterdust at Red; DC 18 Will save or be blinded~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus further protects himself, steps back, and swings, landing one hit which overcomes DR. He also takes 2hp bleed damage. Kosei tries to launch his enemy 20’ into the air to the ceiling and steam blasts it clean scraping off some lichen. Nidhi DMPC begins to inspire courage and readies her bow. Florence tries to blind the still healthy red. Stelle connects, with Nidhi’s help, and Annubis just squeaks by on the overrun though he is not knocked prone. Though she passes through blue’s reach, it does not attack her.

Red Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 vs DC 18 to avoid blindness

Stelle will note they do not seem to be effected by her lance as they should be. I mean sure, there’s a little DR, but it’s more than that. Quickly, she figures it out. They are not evil, so no need to roll holy damage going forward.

Scarcely noticing they struggle to hit while the party hits easily, they press their attacks on the interloper Zilchus, continuing to ignore the others.

Red must again move, and so only gains one swing.
red spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 + (2) = 18 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2) low is bad for me: 1d100 ⇒ 68

Red Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 vs DC 18 to remove blindness at end of round

Blue only 5’ steps, and so brings the spear to bear in a most unseemly way.
blue spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 11 + (3) = 26 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)
blue spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 11 + (6) = 25 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)
blue spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 11 + (2) = 24 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)
blue spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 11 + (1) = 24 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)

Green must get back up (taking hot rain: 1d6 ⇒ 6 damage from the ongoing geyser at the top of his round. Not wanting to miss an opportunity to attack Zilchus, it merely 5’ steps to get out of the worst of the geyser, and throws its spear again.
green spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 18 - 4 = 19 (cover) damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 11 + (1) = 19 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)

The spear re-appears in its hand ready for use.

Sadly, Desna is on the side of the tomb-robbers as the poor defenders stumble and miss. Mostly.

- Round 2 -
Zilchus - 8 (-45hp, bleed 2)
Kosei - 7
Nidhi - 5
- Round 3 -
Florence - 22+
Stelle - 22-
Graven Guardians of Set (red) - 14 (-95hp)
Graven Guardians of Set (green) - 14 (-24hp)
Graven Guardians of Set (blue) - 14

Next up: Everyone!


Round 2, Init 8

Zilchus takes another hard hit that leads to some bleeding, and in angry reaction lashes at the red statue. Casting CMW as a swift action.

1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 2 = 23 to hit; (+hero)
2d4 + 21 ⇒ (1, 4) + 21 = 26 adamantine slashing damage.

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25 to hit; (+hero)
2d4 + 21 ⇒ (4, 4) + 21 = 29 adamantine slashing damage.

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 8) + 5 = 15 healing

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-25-2-20+15/106
AC: 34/30+5 SoF (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 0/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 2/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 3, Init 22-

"Zilchus, get out of here!"

Knowing he'd stay put even if he could withdraw, Stelle puts into practice her Greater Tactician skill.
Swift, Blades Above and Below

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 2 + 2 = 36 -PA, +Courage, +Flank
for Damage: 3d6 + 24 + 9 + 9 + 15 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) + 24 + 9 + 9 + 15 = 68 +PA, +Courage

Stelle tries to drive her lance through the Statue's head while Anubis tries to vault over its knee.

Anubis Improved Overrun
ImpOverRun: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (9) + 24 = 33 +Courage, +Banner, +Flank

+2 Flank (Melee, Zilchus, anyone else with a melee weapon on Red, Round 1/9
+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 3, Initiative 22+

"Zilchus, um...I don't think the statues like men?" Florence is forced to suggest as they repeatedly ignore everyone else. "You should fall back!"

Hoping to maybe help finish of Red she then brings her arm back and throws a snowball!

Spell Resistance (Spell Pen.): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 = 16

Snowball (Ranged Touch; IC): 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 3 = 17
Damage (Cold): 5d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4, 5, 3) = 20
______________

Flo will cast Snowball at Red~


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2:

Seeing that the red golem has already taken a lot of damage from her companions, Nidhi focuses her attention on the green one. Nidhi plucks four Adamantine arrows and nocks them against the string. She continues to sing, aiming her weapon.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Damage (Arrows): 2d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 6 + (4) = 21
To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Damage (Arrow): 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (3) = 11
To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Damage (Arrow): 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (5) = 13


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei waits a bit to see if the group can remove red out of the room. Then he casts fireball to damage both blue and green, although he targets red and blue if that one was not destroyed yet.
Fire damage: 10d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 1, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 4) = 30 Ref 20


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus swings and misses, though he also heals himself a little which stops the bleeding. Nidhi targets green, and manages to overcome DR in two hits. Florence attempts to throw a snowball in the desert, but alas, she is unlucky, and unable to overcome their innate resistance to such things (SR). Stelle wheels around on a dime and charges red again, this time dropping it into chunks and scattering the debris to some degree. Kosei DMPC delays to see the lay of the land before firing a fireball at the remaining green and blue.

green SR: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
blue SR: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Sadly he does not quite pierce their innate resistance, and so no fire gets through.

Green throws his spear once again before moving up behind Blue, who must also move thanks to the pit.
green spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 + (3) = 21 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)
blue spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 11 + (1) = 20 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)

They seem pleased at maneuvering Zilchus back as he seemingly heads out of the room, driven by the Guardians.

- Round 3 -
Zilchus - 8 (-50hp, bleed 2)
Nidhi - 5
- Round 4 -
Florence - 22+
Stelle - 22-
Kosei - 21
Graven Guardians of Set (red) - 14 (-154hp - destroyed)
Graven Guardians of Set (green) - 14 (-54hp)
Graven Guardians of Set (blue) - 14

Next up: Everyone!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 4, Initiative 22+

"That's a start at least," Florence remarks as Stelle shatters Red into pieces. Though she's not too worried about Zilchus she still decides that it might not be a bad idea to mend a few of his wounds. Just in case.

Healing Hex (CMW): 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3) + 10 = 19


Round 3, Init 8

"WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING AT ME!!?" Zilchus' dander gets riled up as people are telling *him* what to do on the piddlespotting battlefield. "*I* give the orders and do the yelling around here!"

Zilchus doesn't yet thank Flo for the kind healing, but he wasn't going to leave the room and let these things at Nidhi. That's *not* how it works.

He takes his anger out at blue, grunting with anger.

1d20 + 18 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 2 + 6 = 37 to hit; (+hero)
2d4 + 21 ⇒ (2, 2) + 21 = 25 adamantine slashing damage.

1d20 + 11 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 + 6 = 39 to hit; (+hero)
2d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 4) + 21 = 28 adamantine slashing damage.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 11 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 + 6 = 23 to hit; (+hero)
2d4 + 21 ⇒ (1, 1) + 21 = 23 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-25-2-20+15-20+15/106
AC: 34/30+5 SoF (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 1/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 2/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei has the Spell Penetration feat, in case that makes any difference to the fireball result!

Observing his magic is of little effect Kosei lion moves forward and casts barkskin on himself trying to prepare himself to help in the front.
HP 133/133 AC 28 TAC 13


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3:

Nidhi continues to sing and fires off four more expensive Adamantine arrows at green. I hope it doesn't come any closer... Nidhi wiggles in her seated perch on her carpet.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Damage (Arrows): 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12
To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Damage (Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage (Arrow): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Stelle's buffs are awesome! :D


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zilchus wrote:
"WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING AT ME!!?"

Stelle charges. "Because you're being a brilliantly stupid commander!"

Spirited Charge(Blue): 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 42 -PA, +Flank, +Courage, +Hero
for Damage: 3d6 + 24 + 18 + 9 + 15 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) + 24 + 18 + 9 + 15 = 79 +PA, +Holy, +Courage


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Reflex blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 vs DC 20 for half of 30 (from the prior round, SR breeched!)

Zilchus refuses to back out of the room, instead wearing down the fresh blue a little. Kosei protects himself and moves up blocking the hallway. Nidhi continues to aid others, but has some trouble with Lady Luck and cannot help herself, missing with all her shots. Though blue could have attacked her while she was shooting, it did not. Florence reaches out and heals Zilchus a little and stops the bleeding. Stelle charges blue again, and takes him out (thanks in part to the fireball).

Green closes in on Zilchus stepping over the pile of rubble that was his ally.
green spear on Zilchus: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41 damage: 2d6 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 11 + (4) = 26 (d6 is electricity, also bleed 2)

- Round 4 -
Zilchus - 8 (-63hp, bleed 2)
Nidhi - 5
- Round 5 -
Florence - 22+
Stelle - 22-
Kosei - 21
Graven Guardians of Set (red) - 14 (-154hp - destroyed)
Graven Guardians of Set (green) - 14 (-52hp)
Graven Guardians of Set (blue) - 14 (-140hp - destroyed)

Next up: Everyone!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Round 3, Init 8

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" Zilchus' dander gets riled up even more. "*DID YOU JUST SAY *I* AM THE COMMANDER!?"

Zilchus didn't even know when he was upgraded to commander, feeling there should have been a ceremony or medals or some sort of award, but moreso he's not sure why he was at fault for this particular fight. It's not he moved into the room or decided to sell the golembane scarab or anything. Except that maybe he did.

He takes his anger out at blue/green, grunting with anger.

1d20 + 18 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 2 + 6 = 30 to hit; (+hero)
2d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 1) + 21 = 25 adamantine slashing damage.

1d20 + 11 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 6 = 27 to hit; (+hero)
2d4 + 21 ⇒ (3, 2) + 21 = 26 adamantine slashing damage.

After attacking, he steps to allow those who think he's doing a bad job of commandering to feel the blades of the construct.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-25-2-20+15-26+15/106
AC: 34/30+5 SoF (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 2/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Feeling compelled by Zilchus stubbornness, and seeing things are under control, Kosei merely extends his paw to heal Zilchus.
Healing Hand Heal check: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27 +20 hp

After this is done, he steps back just in case anyone wants to step into the corridor.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 4, Init 22

Zilchus wrote:
"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"

"Stand aside, everyone. Except you Commander Zilch. You should totally stay right where you are, Sir," Stelle says glibly.

LancePoke: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (10) + 24 = 34 -PA, +Courage, +Flank?, +Hero
for Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 3 + 5 = 20 +PA, +Courage

LancePoke: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22 -PA, +Courage, +Flank?, +Hero
for Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 3 + 5 = 22 +PA, +Courage

LancePoke: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32 -PA, +Courage, +Flank?, +Hero
for Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 3 + 5 = 18 +PA, +Courage


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 4:

Nidhi continues to sing (louder in an attempt to drown out complaining) and reaches over to touch Zilchus, following Kosei's action. She isn't in the best position to move.

Cure Critical Wounds (Zilchus): 4d8 + 13 ⇒ (4, 3, 7, 8) + 13 = 35

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus backs up a touch as he whomps on the Guardian. Nidhi also reaches over to heal Zilchus, risking an AoO, which the Guardian does not take. Florence DMPC delays to see what happens. Stelle finishes the battle by smashing the Guardian with her lance a couple times in close quarters. Kosei leans in and heals Zilchus a bit before backing off himself.

Combat is over as the dust settles and the room quiets.

Zilchus - 8 (-8hp)
Nidhi - 5
Florence - 22+
Stelle - 22-
Kosei - 21
Graven Guardians of Set (red) - 14 (-154hp - destroyed)
Graven Guardians of Set (green) - 14 (-136hp - destroyed)
Graven Guardians of Set (blue) - 14 (-140hp - destroyed)


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Okay, okay, I think we can all calm down a little now," Florence exhales as the last of the statues finally crumbles. "I have no idea what that was about but at least they won't trouble Z-er us, any further."

Though she notes that Kosei seems to have managed to heal the majority of Zilch's remaining wounds, Florence does pull out one of the healing wands to take care of the few remaining scratches.

CLW Wand (Zilchus): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Current wand charges remaining: 29.

"There we go," she smiles. "Now...where were we? I think we'd figured out where the holes in the floor are, right? Let's carefully finish looking around and keep moving."

As she waits for everyone to be ready to move forward, Florence steps back inside the room and begins scanning the rest of it for any further magical auras that they might not have found.


Zilchus looks for more danger, his falchion held before easing up when he feels the danger is passed.

"Did you guys hear that? I'm the commander?! No one told me about that. You know, if we're going to work as a team, you should have told me that I was being promoted and in charge of commandering," Zilchus pauses for a moment to exult in that.

"Well okay then," Zilchus thanks Florence for the healing. "Another victory for Team Z."

When that is done, he will check the illusionally floor again, airwalking down to see what lies beneath.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Uh, right," Florence remarks, clearly not inclined to argue the point. Is there even a point to argue? She's not really sure.

"Go Team Z..."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

No magical auras other than the continual flame lights, the illusory floor panels, and what you brought with you.

You also check the alcoves to the rear I assume. Whatever they once held has long since rotted away, or been removed. There's nothing else in this chamber as far as you can determine.

Zilchus descends to the floor below. He finds a dimly lit chamber lit with a green ambiance (lichen seems to do the job well enough, though everything is 'dim' light so 20% miss chances if you don't have your own light sources). The area is very rough stone, and looks to have been here prior to the construction above. It is filled with stalagmites and a few supports for the floor above.

The room is slightly larger than the one above. If you look at the map, I've shown the space below (there is no map that shows this room). Zilchus also easily sees a narrow path leading into the dimness beyond as the rough section continues on, deeper and deeper into the stone. I should add that the 'floor' of this new chamber is 50' down from the 'floor' of the upper room.

This is stone an earth elemental can pass through in case it matters...

Eventually, the geyser and rough terrain also fade as those spells expire (removed from map for clarity).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Ah! Is that why they wanted to kill Zilchus? That makes sense" the talking lion approaches the illusory pits and looks how Zilchus descends. While he does search the area down, Kosei checks this room.
Perception (scent): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34

If nothing else is found, Kosei switches to wind walk cloud form to securely descend the 50' feet "Do we continue that way now?" he does indeed point with his head towards the tunnel at the far nort-east part.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Good question," Florence remarks as she kneels near one of the holes so she can better hear Zilchus and Kosei. "It goes further than just one room down there? Then it might lead us to other parts of the trenches, make for an easier way of getting around."


"So that's why they were all so mad at me?" Zilchus says as he goes deeper down the passage when others are ready. "Seems like they hated good leadership, which makes sense considering that they seem to be followers of Set. Figures that they'd have regrets about that and seeing a true leader, like a follower of the Great Croc, would upset them."

Zilchus moves forward carefully.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 23 + 2 = 44 Perception


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Old fogies get always restless with new leadership" Kosei lion grins at Zilchus while he moves after the man and into the tunnel.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence looks at Stelle and Nidhi and then shrugs.

"Guess we're going down the hole."

She uses her own innate powers to levitate herself down one of the holes to the room below, scanning for magical auras once she reaches the bottom.

"Woo...the complex up there is old enough but this must be practically ancient," she whistles as she looks around. "I wonder if they knew there were chambers and tunnels underground when they began building?"


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zilchus wrote:
"Did you guys hear that? I'm the commander?! No one told me about that. You know, if we're going to work as a team, you should have told me that I was being promoted and in charge of commandering,"

"Oh, It must have slipped our minds," Stelle states unconvincingly. She pokes some construct rubble with her lance as if it were a cue stick into the pit and listens to see how long it'll take to hit bottom.

"What do they do for such promotions? I'd 'knight' you or something with my lance, but that might make me 'Admiral of the Fleet' or something, and that just doesn't seem quite right."

She seems to think for a few seconds. "Muminofrah's got a barge though. I bet she could do it."

When the group is done searching the nearby area, she turns to mist and heads down the pit.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24

Team Z?

"... and if we're a team, we should call ourselves 'AnuBynFloKosNihSopZil'. That includes everyone on the team, as it should. A leader should know that."

And now for something completely different...
~~~
"Florence, when we entered that room with the statues -- they did not register as magical, but then they came to 'life'. How could that happen?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party, in various ways, descends into the depths. It’s tough going at first - the stalagmites are thick under the room and the result is difficult terrain. Once you get into the hall though, the floor smooths considerably, though the twisting passage makes it hard to see more than a few feet in front of you.

It’s also very narrow at points. The party, mostly, can manage it without too much distress, but your lion is really struggling. As far as rules go, Kosei is always squeezing, and there are several points where he must make escape artist checks to squeeze through even smaller spaces, causing delay through repeat attempts (DCs 20-30 for the large creature).

The air is cool and quiet as you reach a ’T’ intersection. To save a little time, you head left first passing along a curving wall before reaching another intersection. It’s clear that the right curves back in on itself, so there’s really only one way to go from here. However, you all notice a green tinge to the light coming from the lichen here - brighter even than the lights you’re bringing with you. It seems to writhe amid the glowing lichens.

We’re not in initiative, but full-round actions only please.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"I honestly don't know," Florence admits. "They were obviously some sort of constructs but usually they activate no matter who wanders up. Those must have had really specific activation instructions for some reason."

Kn. Arcana (Mystery of the Man-Hating Statues): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32

As she ponders on that, Florence almost doesn't pay any attention to the lichen until the green glow becomes bright enough to outshine the group's own lights.

"Hmm? That's strange, I've never seen lichen glow like this..."

Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence:
It's typical for golems to have masters, or other creatures they're meant not to harm. So there must have been something specific about you three - you, Nidhi, and Stelle. You are, obviously, all women. Also, you all wear masks of the Forgotten Pharaoh...
- - -

Ahhh, yes, I should have mentioned. Knowledge Religion checks please if you wish to know more.

So Florence, I'll apply your knowledge religion bonus of +12 to your second roll (9) because you will learn something about the lichen with a knowledge nature check.

Knowledge Nature DC 20:
The lichen on the walls is Greenfire Lichen, and very nasty stuff if eaten. It causes temporary madness, driving the person insane with visions. Fort DC 14 or 1d4 wisdom damage per hour for six hours.
- - -

Knowledge Religion DC 19:
You face some sort of haunt (link). Put simply, it's a regional undead manifestation - likely intent on causing the party some harm.
- - -

Knowledge Religion DC 24 (same roll):
You face Sightless Starvation.

The spirits of the slaves who perished here, driven mad by the effects of consuming greenfire lichen, the lichen you see on the walls, before dying of thirst, have formed into haunts in these tunnels.

To destroy the haunts forever, and allow the spirits to rest, the majority of the remaining slaves’ bones strewn about the tunnels must be gathered up and left to bask in the first rays of the next sunrise. You're not sure how long it will take as you haven't seen more than one or two bones so far - not enough to really notice.
- - -

6,901 to 6,950 of 8,079 << first < prev | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.