GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,951 to 7,000 of 7,650 << first < prev | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | next > last >>

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
Zilchus wrote:
"Did you guys hear that? I'm the commander?! No one told me about that. You know, if we're going to work as a team, you should have told me that I was being promoted and in charge of commandering,"
"Oh, It must have slipped our minds. What do they do for such promotions? I'd 'knight' you or something with my lance, but that might make me 'Admiral of the Fleet' or something, and that just doesn't seem quite right."

"I would think that would be something you would have thought of when you decided to make me commander. I didn't ask for the role, nor did you tell me about it beforehand so not sure why you didn't handle that well before the battle," Zilchus shakes his head, trying to command(er) a good resolution to this discussion. "Next time you tell someone they are being a s#%!ty commander, maybe you should tell them that they have been appointed commander first. At least then there aren't any surprises."

Zilchus dips his head, thinking.

"Yeah, but I'll accept a tip from your lance on my shoulder *and* a lick from Annie," Zilchus finally decides. "I think that would make it official."

Zilchus will kneel if it helps be-knight him.

* * *

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Hmm? That's strange, I've never seen lichen glow like this..."

Zilchus stops and looks around at the walls, now that Florence points it out.

1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 2 = 32 Know (Religion)

"Oh...I'm not 'lichen' this one bit!" Zilchus pauses, looking around for a laugh at his very funny joke. It was funny until he realizes what the lichen is.

"Oh man, this is that sightless starvation. It's from the spirits of the slaves who perished here, driven mad by the effects of consuming greenfire lichen."

Zilchus poses commanderingly.

"To destroy this bad lichen forever, and allow the spirits to rest, the majority of the remaining slaves’ bones strewn about the tunnels must be gathered up and left to bask in the first rays of the next sunrise. Not sure how long that will take. We haven't seen a lot of bones."

With his knowledge roll, does Z have any idea what the haunt might actually do/start and whether or not positive energy might temporarily end the haunt and how long it might take to reset?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

I think knowing it was a haunt would let you know positive energy could disable it. Zilchus, you beat the DC by 5, so you get one question. Do you want to know what it does, or do you want to know how long to reset it?

And yes, none of you have seen a lot of bones. There are some piles of sand and dust, so there may be bones you've missed. It'd be quicker with a rake if you had one, or some similar method. Anyone have profession-archaeology?


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

K. nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Kosei observes the lichens but cannot recognize them "I do not like them my friends" then he looks at the dust pointed by the others "Is this the dust of bones? Slaves who died in this place. So distasteful my friends. So distasteful. I can try to move around the dust"

Could shifting sand be used to move the bone dust out of the tomb? With the extend rod it will last >2 min


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Hey, good one Zilchus," Florence remarks as their Fearless Commander expertly identifies the lichen. "I'm pretty sure you're right on the money there. The lichen...don't uh, don't eat it. It's bad for your mental health, okay?" she explains to the rest of the group. "Not that I think anyone here is secretly a wall-licker, but people do some strange things sometimes."

"As for the haunt, I'm all for putting restless spirits to rest," Florence adds. "We'll need to use positive energy to keep the hauntings at bay though until we can gather all the bones."

She reaches for one of the healing wands, ready to act...


How long before reset, I think.

Zilchus takes a hand off his falchion and readies his holy symbol to give the lichen the lynching of its lifetime. The power of the Great Croc will soon be known even to the tiniest little cells in this dark little cave.

"This may or may not work, Flo...when you're ready..." Zilchus will act in concert with Flo to use their positive energies...uh...positively.

6d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5) = 27 channel positive, DC 19
6d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6, 1, 3, 4) = 25 channel positive, DC 19 (if needed)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei - that could be somewhat useful, but only in a fairly small space as I don't think it moves with you. I'll let you know how it'll help when you have a better sense of the task (after you've found all the tunnels where bones may be located).

Florence, you have a round now - use the wand if you're going to use it. I think you could also do your healing touch if you preferred. Only once per haunt encountered of course, but it would be more powerful than the wand.

Zilchus - it resets in 12 hours. Also, I assume you can only channel once per round, so the second channel is for next round, should it be needed. Let me know if that's not the case.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Stelle -- sunrod still mounted in its saddle slot -- waits to see what happens with the positive channel, wondering all the while.

I wonder if I can stick a sunrod on the end of my lance...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 14
Florence wrote:
"Not that I think anyone here is secretly a wall-licker..."

Anubis cracks a sheepish grin, wags his tail and blushes.

Not me, no. I would never."


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Oh wait, let me do this instead, it'll pack a little more punch," Florence quickly says, switching the wand to her other hand before she reaches out with her free one...

Healing Hex: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 = 13


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party, in various ways, brings positive energy to bear on the haunt, trying to root it out, at least temporarily.

Fortunately, it is sufficient, and the ever brightening light peaks… and fades until the green tinge is gone completely and your lights again prevail. The haunt is dispersed for now.

Ahead, the tunnels branch to the SE and SW. Which direction would you like to take?


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Alright! Go Team Z," Florence smiles broadly as the haunt is dispersed, at least for a while. "Let's hope we can find all of those bones pretty soon so we can get started hauling them back outside."

She peers around the corner, noting that they've got their choice of direction now. "How about left (SE)? I may have said it before but I've always heard that left is lucky."


Female Halfling Cavalier/14
Florence wrote:
""Alright! Go Team Z,"Florence smiles broadly as the haunt is dispersed, at least for a while.

"Or -- you know, -- just you and Zilchus."

If finding any bones proves to be difficult, Stelle flips coin into the sand, and has Anubis dig. She tries this repeatedly until a bone is found, then uses it to instruct Anubis to find more.

Scent,Tracking: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

She respectfully packs any found by Anubis or anyone else into the Haversack.


[ooc]Just one channel unless both are needed. Thank you.[ooc]

"How do you lichen them apples!" Zilchus grins broadly as the Great Croc displays his power to clean and disinfect even the moldiest of molds.
"I got its number."

He nods approvingly at Stelle for the training and work she has done with Annie, the wonderfully useful dog.

"Ready to move on?" Zilchus readies his blade and moves up a bit, keeping his eyes open. He moves up to the intersection, then will move to the SE if there is nothing more.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 23 + 2 = 28 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Just one channel was used Zilchus. Anubis does indeed find a bone before long, and once his nose is active, another here and there as you go along. Stelle carefully places them in her pack for now as the party heads left.

Left again leads to an ever narrowing crevasse, and an ending of the tunnel as far as you can tell. Turning right therefor leads to another few options - to the right another green glow in a larger cave area, and tunnels branching straight and to the left.

Where to?

(Map updated)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"That's a bad way to die - starvation."

Nidhi follows behind, ready to attempt to disarm any traps the party may spot.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

"Yes, especially down here," Florence agrees, her demeanor growing a bit calmer and more somber now that the immediate danger has passed. "Hopefully we can find all of the bones. I'm no Anubis but I'll keep my eyes open for them too."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

When they start to get hints of another green glow down one of the possible paths Florence readies herself. "More lichen? It might be another haunt if there's a lot of it there. We should be ready when we head that way."


Zilchus goes to the left, then looks left again.

1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 23 + 2 = 40 Perception


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei raises his hackles when the presence of the haunt manifest. He does relax when his companions put a temporal end to it.

"This place is against nature itself. We should put an end to it my friends" and after finding he has difficulties squeezing around, Kosei form shifts again, his hair starts to shorten, his lion body becomes smaller and more vertical, his skin becomes more transparent, until he becomes a small air elemental.
Wild shape: 3/5

In that new shape Kosei advances with Zilchus and checks the new areas forward, prioritizing right on tunnel changes.
Perception (no more scent :( ): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

No one perceives any traps or hidden passages, though Kosei does think he heard, something coming from the wall. But surely there can't be anything in the wall can there?

Kosei sees a bit further, and confirms there very definitely is another haunt in the middle chamber. It grows in size and color before his very eyes expanding as the last one did.

(I've moved you into the hallway where I figured you'd be more or less, when Kosei walks past and triggers the haunt, and something else...)

- Round 1 -
Kosei - 23
Good Folks - 21
Zilchus - 19
Stelle - 17
Nidhi - 13
Florence - 11
Haunt - 10

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Stelle 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Zilchus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Good Folk 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Haunt 10

First up - Kosei, then our mystery guest!

Oh, a general rule about the map. If a square has 50% or more passage, you're fine. If it has less than that showing, you're considered squeezing to fit into that space (unless your Stelle or Kosei in his current form, in which case it's 25%).

Squeezing Rule:
(link - search the page for 'Squeezing')

Squeezing: In some cases, you may have to squeeze into or through an area that isn't as wide as the space you take up. You can squeeze through or into a space that is at least half as wide as your normal space. Each move into or through a narrow space counts as if it were 2 squares, and while squeezed in a narrow space, you take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to AC.
- - -


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1, Initiative 13

Nidhi opens her mouth to sing a sweet melody. She also casts Good Hope on the party.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls

Nidhi Spell Tally:

34 Bardic Performances: 8/34
7 1st-level:
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope, Good Hope
4 4th-level: Cure Critical Wounds
2 5th-level:


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

"I do feel chills like before my friends!" without knowing what might be appearing just after him, Kosei just responds by following the example of what Zilchus and Florence did just a while before, he drops call lightning storm to spontanously channel positive energy to damage the haunt.
Cure critical wounds: 4d8 + 13 ⇒ (4, 4, 8, 6) + 13 = 35

Stats:

Level 13
Senses Darkvision 60'
HP 133/133
AC 30, touch 16, flat-footed 28 (+7 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection, +1 size, +7 natural)
Speed fly 60' (perfect)
Special whirlwind
Spells
greater magic fang
longstrider
barkskin


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei (DMPC moves) quickly into the cave with the haunt and touches it - burning it and hindering the light, but it yet continues to grow (not quite dispelled, but close).

Meanwhile, a disembodied phantom wearing black robes that swirl around a maw of sharp teeth, appears through the wall further down the hallway. ”I am Inkusehkset, and I shall be your DOOM!” He cackles madly, and his soul-wrenching shriek is so piercing, it might effect you all! Will DC 24 or be Panicked. Stelle, please make a separate roll for Anubis, Florence, Bynx is safely hidden in the basket.

Knowledge Religion DC 22:
You face an Advanced Geist, (CE Medium undead (incorporeal)). One question for each five you beat the DC.
- - -

- Round 1 -
Good Folks - 21
Zilchus - 19 (will save)
Stelle - 17 (will save)
Anubis - 17 (will save)
Nidhi - 13 (will save)
Florence - 11 (will save)
Haunt - 10
- Round 2 -
Kosei - 23 (will save)

Next up - Everyone except Kosei - with Nidhi having already posted her action (though you may change that if you wish Nidhi - and you still need to make the will save).

Panicked:
(link - Search on the page for ‘Fear’)

Panicked: Characters who are panicked are shaken, and they run away from the source of their fear as quickly as they can, dropping whatever they are holding. Other than running away from the source, their paths are random. They flee from all other dangers that confront them rather than facing those dangers. Once they are out of sight (or hearing) of any source of danger, they can act as they want. Panicked characters cower if they are prevented from fleeing.

Shaken: Characters who are shaken take a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.
- - -


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

StelleWillDC24: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
AnubisWillDC24: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"Oh, my!"

Stelle drops her lance and with Anubis bolts, taking the Banner with her.


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Will Save (DC 24): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Round 1, Initiative 11

"OH MY GOD IT'S A GHOST!"

Florence also bolts, running back up the tunnel...


1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22 Will

Zilchus also begins to panic, startled by the others and the voice.

He begins to airclimb into the air, looking for an escape. The weapon cord that he has carried for 13 levels now proves its use as his falchion dangles beneath him.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Those who are panicked and running, please remember to move yourselves on the map. Double move is fine, as there are no straight lines for running. Remember the ceiling in the tunnel is only 10', so Zilchus can only climb 5' up in his flight.

Stelle, you may remain mounted, as Anubis will certainly be faster than you on foot - and flight is your goal.


Zilchus bonks his head roughly trying to escape into the air, and then flees down the hallway away from the terror that would certainly destroy them all.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Is the geist susceptible to mind-affecting spells?

Instead of Good Hope, Nidhi will cast Remove Fear (link) on the closest tank (Zilchus?) Range of 50ft.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus flees. Stelle and Anubis flee. Florence flees. Nidhi hesitates until after Florence, moves slightly to see the party (DMPC), then casts Remove Fear. As it’s an area affect spell, she’s able to suppress the fear of Zilchus, Stelle, Anubis, and Florence!

Nidhi:
As an undead, they are immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
- - -

With no one else to stop it, the haunt explodes in a green burst of light. And though its light passes through the walls, crawling along the lichen in every direction, it only reaches Kosei and Nidhi with its burst.

Kosei and Nidhi, please make a Will DC 17, as if resisting a glitterdust spell. If you succeed, well and good. If you fail however, not only are you blinded (temporarily, fresh save each round), but you must make a further Will DC 17 or you are compelled to eat the lichen on the walls. Those who eat the lichen, also claw at their eyes due to the burning (1d8 damage and 1 in 20 chance of permanent blindness).

There is no sign that the green burst is abating. The blinding light causes everyone in the area of effect to be Dazzled. Inkusehkset does not seem to be affected by this haunt.

Dazzled:
Dazzled: The creature is unable to see well because of overstimulation of the eyes. A dazzled creature takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls and sight-based Perception checks.
- - -

- Round 1 -
Haunt - 10
- Round 2 -
Kosei - 23 (will save (panic), will save (blindness))
Good Folks - 21
Zilchus - 19
Stelle - 17
Anubis - 17
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11- (will save (blindness))

Next up - Kosei.


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Will (fear): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Kosei freezes on place as he hears up the terrifying voice of Inkusehkset.

Will: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
The air elemental resists the urge to eat the lichens, as Kosei is too worried by voice and starts flying through the tunnels to the exit. As he moves on he passes by all his companions in a whirlwind of panic!

As Kosei is still in the haunt cave my interpretation is there is no line of effect to save him with the remove fear spell

Stats:

Level 13
Senses Darkvision 60'
HP 133/133
AC 30, touch 16, flat-footed 28 (+7 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection, +1 size, +7 natural)
Speed fly 60' (perfect)
Special whirlwind
Spells
greater magic fang
longstrider
barkskin


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei also flees, zipping past the party with incredible speed. (Yes, no line of effect, sorry.)

Inkusehkset continues to laugh as the party escapes - running away down the halls. He flies through the walls and attacks Nidhi, before leaping back (spring attack) around the corner. Note you do not see where he ends up, though I'm leaving him on the map in case you head that way again.

Bite (touch attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 Negative Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 1d4 ⇒ 4

He chews, and chews slowly, savoring a piece of Nidhi's soul before departing into the cold stone once more.

If you enter the green light from the haunt, please make a Will DC 17, as if resisting a glitterdust spell. If you succeed, well and good. If you fail however, not only are you blinded, but you must make a further Will DC 17 or you are compelled to eat the lichen on the walls. Those who eat the lichen, also claw at their eyes due to the burning (1d8 damage and 1 in 20 chance of permanent blindness).

Zilchus:
No DR or SR.
- - -

- Round 2 -
Zilchus - 19
Stelle - 17
Anubis - 17
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11- (will save (haunt blindness), -1hp, -4con)
Haunt - 10
- Round 3 -
Kosei - 23 (panicked)
Inkusehkset - 21

Next up - Everyone except Kosei.


Round 2, Init 19

Zilchus stops short as Nidhi's spell removes the affliction from his brain. He responds by getting pissed, really pissed. "What the f%!#? You guys didn't see that, did you?" Zilchus rubs his head and recovers his falchion that dangles from his weapon cord. Move action.

He looks at the sublimely calm Nidhi.

"Did you see who was making all that noise?" Zilchus growls angrily, as yet unwilling to enter the dazing area. "Nidhi, get behind me. I'm about to go Team Z on whatever was making that noise."

He snarls and awaits the approach of the foe..and then looks at it.

1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 16 + 2 = 30 Know (Religion) - DRs? SRs?

He casts Divine Favor while he waits for Nidhi to move and allow it to come to him. Zilch is 5' above the ground if someone(s) want to charge.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106/106
AC: 34/30+5 SoF (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 2/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Female Halfling Cavalier/14
Zilchus wrote:
"Nidhi, get behind me. I'm about to go Team Z on whatever was making that noise."

"Aieee! What was that?!" Stelle cries out as Kosei the Air whips past her and Anubuis.

As the effects of Nidhi's spell reaches Stelle, she halts Anubis on dime and turns him about face.

"Geez, Zilch! Where is it ?! What happened to your head?" she asks, pulling out her cold iron glaive. "I need my lance and my shield... Can someone get rid of this green?"

She squints, peering into the corridor, granting everyone +2 AC. "Buck up, everyone!"

For everyone within 60' who can see the banner:
+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge

And everyone who can hear Stelle, +2 AC bonus


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2:

Will DC 17: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Nidhi manages to avoid being blinded, but flails in place when she feels the haunt leech at her soul. "Stop! That's mine!" She wasn't afraid of the undead, but she was afraid of being dead.

She continues to sing, inspiring her companions, and moves towards Zilchus. (See map.) Fearing the more of her very important soul may be snatched away, Nidhi casts Greater Invisibility on herself after moving.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Nidhi Spell Tally:
34 Bardic Performances: 9/34
7 1st-level: Remove Fear
7 2nd-level: Heroism
5 3rd-level: Good Hope
4 4th-level: Cure Critical Wounds, Greater Invisibility
2 5th-level:


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 2, Initiative 11+

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

"I...think it's a ghost or something, isn't it?" Florence responds, looking around anxiously. "Did it come out of the wall? If it's a ghost I'm pretty sure they can move through walls..."

She peers at the intense green glow, frowning. "I don't know if this will work now that we've riled up a haunting but I'll try..."

Healing Hex (Haunt?): 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5) + 10 = 18


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence, to 'heal' the haunt, you must reach the glowing center, not the effect radius. Healing hex is a touch effect (unless you've managed to extend the reach) so you'll need to move to make it happen.

Remember entering the glowing area requires a will save...


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 2, Initiative 11+ Redux

"...Oh wait, we're too far out for me to do anything about this right now," Florence says, realizing her plan won't work. "And I'm not going back in there until we see if that ghost or whatever it was is going to come after us or not."

Her statement made, she then casts a protective ward over herself.
______________

Casting Death Ward, then.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus learns a few things and further prepares for combat. Stelle helps the parties defenses. Nidhi backs up and turns invisible. Florence protects herself against the creature’s attack.

The haunt continues to pulse as the bright green light seems blinding, even to those outside the area causing you to shield your eyes a bit.

If you enter the green light from the haunt, please make a Will DC 17, as if resisting a glitterdust spell. If you succeed, well and good. If you fail however, not only are you blinded, but you must make a further Will DC 17 or you are compelled to eat the lichen on the walls. Those who eat the lichen, also claw at their eyes due to the burning (1d8 damage and 1 in 20 chance of permanent blindness).

Kosei, the panic ends as you come to yourself once again. Though feeling a bit jittery, you may return to the fray…

- Round 3 -
Kosei - 23
Inkusehkset - 21
- Round 4 -
Zilchus - 19
Stelle - 17
Anubis - 17
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11- (-1hp, -4con)
Haunt - 10

Next up - Kosei!


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

Kosei stops in the middle of the tunnel to recompose himself "Oh! But what I am doing my friends. We should save these spirits and bring balance to this tomb"

The air elemental rears back until he reaches the others and casts blessing of the salamander to help Zilchus.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei returns and buffs Zilchus even further.

Inkusehkset’s long laugh ends, though his chuckles echo through the narrow hallways. He flies through the walls, biting up at Zilchus before disappearing into the wall once again.
Bite (touch attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 Negative Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Con Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

If you enter the green light from the haunt, please make a Will DC 17, as if resisting a glitterdust spell. If you succeed, well and good. If you fail however, not only are you blinded, but you must make a further Will DC 17 or you are compelled to eat the lichen on the walls. Those who eat the lichen, also claw at their eyes due to the burning (1d8 damage and 1 in 20 chance of permanent blindness).

- Round 4 -
Zilchus - 19 (-6hp, -2con)
Stelle - 17
Anubis - 17
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11- (-1hp, -4con)
Haunt - 10
- Round 5 -
Kosei - 23
Inkusehkset - 21

Next up - Everyone except Kosei.


Round 2, Init 19

Feeling his life drain from him by the touch of the creature, Zilchus shifts to glare at Florence for protecting herself with the spell rather than him...as if he wasn’t trying to protect her with his life.

”Do you have so little faith in me that you think this creature will get by me?” Zilchus grouses and quickly prays to the Great Croc for some quick protections from the undead. Quickcast Death Ward.

He readies (to lunge, as necessary) to hack should the creature show himself again with his magic falchion.
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 18 + 2 + 3 = 33 to hit; (+hero, +bard)
2d4 + 21 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 21 + 3 = 28 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-6-14 (2 con damage)/106
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 1/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Oops, forgot that Death Ward isn't self-only.

Round 4, Initiative 11+

"No, but it's a little harder for anyone to hit a target that keeps ducking in and out of the walls," Florence retorts. "And I'm including myself in that!"

Still, she does feel a little guilty and so grants Zilchus a little extra Aid as he readies to try and defend them from the strange ghost thing.

Zilchus Temp HP: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Spells & Powers:

Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Fumbletongue, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap, Snowball + Pearl of Power
2nd - Aid, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hold Person, Lipstitch, See Invisibility + Pearl of Power
3rd - Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt + Pearl of Power
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Greater False Life
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
7th - Fairy Ring Retreat

Lesser Extend Rod Uses: 1/3


______________

Flo will cast Aid on Zilchus~


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

Round 4, Init 17

Aid Zilchus, +4 AC

"It's quite impossible without a magic weapon," laments Stelle.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus protects himself and readies an action. Stelle (DMPC moves up) and helps defend Zilchus from the next attack. Nidhi DMPC continues to sing, but having no opponent, waits until the evil shows itself. Florence further aids Zilchus with, well, aid.

The haunt continues to pulse…

If you enter the green light from the haunt, please make a Will DC 17, as if resisting a glitterdust spell. If you succeed, well and good. If you fail however, not only are you blinded, but you must make a further Will DC 17 or you are compelled to eat the lichen on the walls. Those who eat the lichen, also claw at their eyes due to the burning (1d8 damage and 1 in 20 chance of permanent blindness).

- Round 4 -
Zilchus - 19 (ready)
Stelle - 17
Anubis - 17
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11- (-1hp, -4con)
Haunt - 10
- Round 5 -
Kosei - 23
Inkusehkset - 21

Next up - Kosei!


Round 4

Zilchus continues his ready, happy to wait for the haunt to deactivate or the bad thing to show up again.

"No need to go into that. We can go rest up and come back and deal with it too."

Readied attack (w/lunge as needed):
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 18 + 2 + 3 = 31 to hit; (+hero, +bard)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 34 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 106-6-14 (2 con damage)/106
AC: 34/30+2 SoF (def) (10 armor + 2 def + 3 dex + 1 dodge + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 4 shield/buckler

DF 1/10
Weap: 0/13 rounds used (swift, +3 bonus/flame/ghost/frost/holy)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6 str)
Quick Prayer: 3/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/13 minutes used (swift,+3 more bonus)
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).
Falcon Crown: 0/3 used, immediate action sac spell

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP 143/143 | AC 24 TAC 14 FF 23 | CMD 24 | F +13 R +9 W +18 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 6/6 HH: 12/14 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 6/7+1/1 L3: 3/6 L4: 5/5 L5: 3/5 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 2/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+21
Skills:
Acro+17,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+15,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+12,K.planes+15,K.relig+2,Linguist+19,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+6,Stealth+14,Surviv+12,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 14 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, barkskin 280 min

The wind whirling around Kosei elemental nature blows producing understandable words thanks to magic "You sure Zilchus my friend? I can go in and finish it for now with more life magic. If we go to rest the haunts will come back until we really clean the bones if I properly understood" the Garundi waits for an answer while he readies to shot a ray of fire at the monster if it appears.
Ray of fire+IC (touch): 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 3 = 19
Fire damage+IC: 1d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 = 14
SR+Spell penetration: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 = 29

Stats:
Level 13
Senses Darkvision 60'
HP 133/133
AC 30, touch 16, flat-footed 28 (+7 armor, +4 Dex, +1 deflection, +1 size, +7 natural)
Speed fly 60' (perfect)
Special whirlwind
Spells
greater magic fang
longstrider
barkskin


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

(Zilchus, you weren’t up quite yet, you were still sitting on your first readied action which is now triggering. You can leave this plan in place, or change your action as you desire.)

Kosei tries to fire a ray at the geist, but his aim is off and he just misses. (No SR for future reference.)

Inkusehkset appears again, as expected, and strikes out at Zilchus once again, triggering the first ready as Zilchus’ blade digs deep into the geist. Of course, as it is incorporeal, it takes half damage from the physical source.
Bite (touch attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 Negative Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 1d4 ⇒ 3

Even though it’s a hit, the Death Ward spell protects him. Inkusehkset nods, and disappears again into the walls - you’re not sure where exactly.

If you enter the green light from the haunt, please make a Will DC 17, as if resisting a glitterdust spell. If you succeed, well and good. If you fail however, not only are you blinded, but you must make a further Will DC 17 or you are compelled to eat the lichen on the walls. Those who eat the lichen, also claw at their eyes due to the burning (1d8 damage and 1 in 20 chance of permanent blindness).


- Round 5 -
Stelle - 17
Anubis - 17
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11- (-1hp, -4con)
Haunt - 10
- Round 6 -
Kosei - 23
Zilchus - 22 (-2con)
Inkusehkset - 21 (-14)

Next up - Everyone… the haunt is just doing its thing, so no need to keep stopping on its initiative.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/89 + 29 Temp HP l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +12, R +10, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 2/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 4/4, L6: 4/4, L7: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +21, Diplomacy +13, Fly +14, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/Nature +22, Kn. History +23, Kn. Local +20, Kn. Planes +17, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +22, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Greater False Life, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 21, HP: 41/41

Round 5, Initiative 11+

Though the corridors are cramped, Florence draws out her Lesser Selective metamagic rod and readies herself to cast a spell once their wily foe shows himself again.

"Um...this is going to make a lot of noise but I should be able to keep all of you from getting hurt if it goes like I want it to," she offers as an advanced warning.

Ready Action Lightning Bolt (Selective Metamagic): 10d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 4, 3, 5, 1, 6, 1, 6) = 37

DC 19 Reflex for half damage~
______________

Florence will draw out said rod and ready to cast Lightning Bolt the next time Inky pops his head out, assuming she has LoS. She'll select out Zilchus, Kosei, Nidhi, and Stelle.


Female Halfling Cavalier/14

"Whoa, I didn't do that, did I?" Stelle says in horror as the Thing touches Zilchus. She tries aiding him again.

"Try this."
Aid Zilchus, +4 To Hit

6,951 to 7,000 of 7,650 << first < prev | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.