GM Endless Forms' Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Mike Tuholski

Spires of Xin-Shalast (Book 6)

Northeast Varisia | Xin-Shalast | Tactical Map

Sandpoint | Sandpoint Hinterlands | Varisia | LOOT!


3,701 to 3,750 of 4,673 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Lucian immediately reacts by empowering his companions with a blessing of fervor, chanting a prayer to Desna.

"Lady Luck, guide our souls to victory, so that we may one day rise among the stars and restore hope for the many who are lost wandering this world."


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"Amen!

Sealman opts for speed and crashes down the hall. The fleet footed dwarf circles around the firey wench and awaits his companions.


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno casts a spell causing his outline to shimmer and appear out of phase, as he flies up to flank with Seal.

displacement, taking extra movement for 90' move.

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Choosing speed

Swift action to use a ki to smite the evil!

Calling Iroran justice again, Miana rapidly moves forward, spinning right before she reaches the foe to deliver a heel kick aimed at the temple.

Stunning charge heel kick @ Azlanti evil!: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 2 + 4 = 31
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 11 ⇒ (8, 6) + 6 + 11 = 31
If a hit, Azlanti woman must make a DC 21 Fort save or be stunned for 1 round!


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 17

The party rushes down the hall and Miana even delivers a kick at the woman's head! "Fools!" she spits and then begins to laugh, blood running through her teeth after Miana's strong kick to the head. The sihedron rune in the floor begins to glow and-far too late-you realize that it too is a portal! Stepping through this portal is a great and terrible demon-the dreaded Glabrezu!

Acrobatics vs. Miana: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
Acrobatics vs. Kufi: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37
Acrobatics vs. Seal: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24

Highlady Athroxis tries to maneuver to the side and then unleashes a blast of cold on Miana, Kufieno, and Seal!

cold: 14d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 6, 4, 1, 2, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4) = 54
DC 22 Ref for half

The glabrezu lets out a terrible roar and attacks the suli couple!

pincer on Miana: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 5) + 10 = 16

pincer on Miana: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 1) + 10 = 15

claw on Kufieno: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

claw on Kufieno: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

bite on Kufieno: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Initiative:

1. Miana, Seal, Lucian, Kufieno, and Rissi
2. Highlady Athroxis (49 dmg)

You guys are up!


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

The ratfolk wizard advances and waves her hand - there is no flash or bang, but colors melt for the villains.

confusion, will save 22
spell pen, lady: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36
spell pen demon: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
planes: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (20) + 25 = 45


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"To slow!"

Sealman swings Isoult at the Highlady as she tries to duck out of his way.

Movement AoO vs Athroxi: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
Dmg: 6d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 6, 6, 5) + 11 = 38

Not seeing Casting on the Defensive... So if the Cone of Cold was a spell/SLA...

As witch begins to cast her spell, Sealman takes another hack a her to try and disrupt her spell.

Spell casting AoO vs Athroxi: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
Dmg: 6d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 6, 1, 3) + 11 = 30 +10 + CoC spell level as DC for Concentration Check. ;v)

Reflex Save if still needed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 +2 for Spells & Spell-like abilities.

Sealman then steps up, rages and prepares to make the Azlanti extinct again.

Raging Isoult vs Athroxi: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
Dmg: 6d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 3, 4, 4) + 14 = 32

BoF Raging Isoult vs Athroxi: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
Dmg: 6d6 + 14 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 5, 1, 2) + 14 = 32

Raging Isoult vs Athroxi: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Dmg: 6d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 6, 4, 5) + 14 = 40

Raging Isoult vs Athroxi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Dmg: 6d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 4, 1, 1) + 14 = 32

Crit Confirm Raging Isoult vs Athroxi: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Dmg: 12d6 + 28 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 3, 4, 2) + 28 = 80

"Hey Lobster boy, pick on somebody your own size!"


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Lucian steps into the room, still chanting an ode to Desna, and points a finger towards the green monstrosity.

"I curse you, foul spawn! May your claws wither for all eternity!"

SR: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36
Casting debilitating portent on the demon. With each attack that he makes he needs to roll a DC 22 Will save, or deal half damage. If he deals a crit, I'll cancel it as an immediate action to cancel his crit.

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

+2 to hit/AC/saves

Reflex: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Miana avoids the cold, leaping up in the enough to ignore its effects.

"You take the big one, I'll take the ugly one.", Miana jokes, knowing that her friends and allies can handle the new evil in the room.

Acrobatics vs Glabrezu: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31

The paladin then dashes forward and flips into a boot to the head stunning heal kick!

Swift action to enter Crane Style

Defensive Stunning Heel kick @ Azlanti lady: 1d20 + 18 + 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 2 - 2 + 4 = 34
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 + 11 = 25

DC 21 Fort save on hit or lady is stunned for 1 round


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Ref: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Gritting his teeth as he takes the full blast of cold, Kufieno swears loudly as the demon, that can see past his diplacing outline, strikes hims three times. "M%##~~ f&@*$@! Can someone send this a+##+!+ back to his homeplane!?"

Raising his eyebrows at Miana's remark, Kufi looks to see how close Lucian is as he takes a step forward and attacks the demon.

Power Attack (ms): 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 3 = 28
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 17

Power Attack (ss): 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 3 = 27
Arcane Strike: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 6 + 2 = 13

Iterative (ms): 1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 3 = 12
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 18

BoF (ms): 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 3 = 23
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 21

39 + 49 = 88 146 - 88 = 58 hp

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Stupid Nat 1; I thought you and your evasion would have handled the cone of cold better :P I'll come in with a heal shortly!


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'
Miana, Champion of Irori wrote:
Stupid Nat 1; I thought you and your evasion would have handled the cone of cold better :P I'll come in with a heal shortly!

Yay!


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 8

The demon pays no mind to Rissi's tricks but the Highlady Athroxis' eyes seem to glaze over a bit. This doesn't last long though because then quickly smashes her into the ground.

Lucian curses the demon as Miana steps in and delivers a kick to its abdomen. Kufieno manages to scratch it but now the demon is angry and has two suli before it as tempting targets....

The demon backs away from Miana and Kufieno and looks back at Seal, recognizing the martial champion that he is, and orders, "Halt!"

Power Word Stun! Stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

Initiative:

1. Miana, Seal, Lucian, Kufieno, and Rissi
2. Glabrezu (22 dmg, DC 22 Will save or deal half damage)

You guys are up!


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

So did the AoO's kill Athroxis as she was casting Cone of Cold? That will make a difference if the Power Word Stun will affect Seal or not.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi pauses, waiting to unleash magic missiles if the creature should wield magic again.

empowered magic missiles, ready to disrupt: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 2, 2) + 5 = 15*1.5
SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19 :P


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno delays, hoping his suli companion will heal him, then steps southwest, and attacks the demon again.

Power Attack 1, BoF: 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 3 + 2 = 18
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 6 = 19

Power Attack 2, BoF: 1d20 + 14 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 3 + 2 = 23
Arcane Strike: 1d6 + 4 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 6 = 14

Iterative , BoF: 1d20 + 9 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 3 + 2 = 27
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 6 = 19


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

@Seal: no, not the AoO. It took Seal's bashing last round to kill her.

Rissi readies a spell as Kufieno tries desperately to break through the demon's hard chitinous exterior.

Initiative:

1. Miana, Seal, Lucian, Kufieno, and Rissi
2. Glabrezu (22 dmg, DC 22 Will save or deal half damage)

Miana, Seal (?), and Lucian are up! Rissi has a readied.


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Sorry to berate this but Athroxis needs to roll a Concentration check to get the Cone of Cold off. The spell wasn't cast on the defensive and she was within my 15' range when she cast the spell. The DC is 30 (give or take a point depending on what level the CoC was cast at.)

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Miana turns around and taps Kufieno on the shoulder, a meditative warmth healing his wounds.

Lay on Hands: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 4, 6) = 21

A solid roll.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

How badly wounded is Kuf? I would have cast heal on him but with that Lay on Hands he appears to be good to go for now... right?

Lucian closes in on the glabrezu, boldly venturing within his massive claws' reach. ... aaaaand provoking.

He then touches the demon's chitin, uttering words as ancient as the world itself to send back the fiend to its Abyssal world!

"Go back to the Abyss, foul spawn! Your place is not here."

SR: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
Casting plane shift on the glabrezu. Will DC 23 negates.


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufi has 79/146 hp after LoH


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

@Seal: She used Acrobatics to move away, which was why I didn't roll a concentration check. I believe she was more than 15' away from you but now the map has changed and I don't remember her exact position; that was the intention with her Acrobatics move at least but maybe I didn't count the distance correctly. Either way it shouldn't have changed the fact that Seal would have had to use his last turn 5' stepping and smashing her to the ground, leaving the Glabrezu to stun Seal on its turn.

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Miana tries to heal some of Kufieno's wounds but Lucian then steps to the rest by sending the treachery demon back to the Abyss!

Out of combat!

Athroxis' gear:
wand of clairvoyance/clairaudience (32 charges), wand of lightning bolt (CL 10th, 25 charges); +4 mithral breastplate, +1 adamantine flaming ranseur, amulet of natural armor +2, belt of physical perfection +2, cloak of resistance +3, headband of vast intelligence +2, ring of protection +2, spell component pouch, spellbook

spellbook:

7th—mage’s sword, prismatic spray (DC 24, 2), project image
(DC 22)
6th—chain lightning (DC 23, 2), still cone of cold (DC 22, 2),
flesh to stone (DC 21)
5th—cone of cold (DC 22, 2), feeblemind (DC 20), maximized
scorching ray, empowered vampiric touch, wall of force
4th—confusion (DC 19), still fireball (DC 20, 2), still
empowered magic missile (2), empowered scorching ray,
shout (DC 21)
3rd—fly, greater magic weapon, haste, keen edge, lightning
bolt (DC 20, 2), empowered magic missile
2nd—blindness/deafness (DC 17), false life, still magic missile (2),
mirror image, scorching ray, see invisibility
1st—burning hands (DC 18), expeditious retreat, magic missile
(2), ray of enfeeblement (DC 16), shocking grasp, true
strike (2)
0 (at will)—detect magic, light, flare (DC 17), ray of frost,
read magic


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Awesome! Thanx for the clarification.

"Well done Lucian. Making your way back into the front lines. Always good to see the clergy test their steel!


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno picks up the spellbook and hands it Rissi. "Here you go, Miss Rissi. Maybe there's something in there you'll like."

Kufieno glances at the other gear, but waits for his companions to stake their claim before he looks too closesly. "Eh, Lucian, could get a little bit more healing. I'm got banged up pretty good."


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"Yah, any group love you have Lucian would be great. I don't know how we are doing with wands, but I might burn out one of them if I use it."

Seal eyeballs the belt of physical perfection and drools a little.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Powerful *squeak* magic indeed. I must warn you, I have little additional magical support to offer against the other dangers of this dungeon."

The wizard picks up and carefully examines the wands and other assorted sundries.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Lucian almost blushes from the praise given by his dwarf friend. "Of course, Kufieno. Here. By Desna's will be restored!"

Casting heal on Kufieno, restoring 130 hp, then CSW on Sealman. Please let me know if you need more. I have a few spell slots left, maybe enough for one more wing if necessary, or I could use a rest. Up to Rissi, I'd say.
CSW @Seal: 3d8 + 13 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) + 13 = 26
CLW mass @everyone: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

As he looks at the High Lady's gear, his attention is drawn to her breastplate. "This is magnificent work indeed! I would certainly like to wear it, if no one else would use it."

Using the +4 mithral Bp would improve my AC by 2, and I could give my +3 mithral chain shirt in return. Of course, if someone else wants it, I'll gladly pass.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

I believe that is it for this wing. Where to next?


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"That breastplate would look good on you Lucian. Of course, you may want to have it remolded to reduce the... uh, chest space."

My vote is with the casters.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

shrug. Next wing! That's what fighters are for! I'll use the fancy new wands


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Okay, great! Let's do another. My vote goes to the Pride sin.

"Uh... you're right, Seal. I will definitely have to remodel before Ameiko sees me in it. I wouldn't want to be the source of inspiration for her next song! At least not a jesting song." says Lucian as he dons the breastplate.

So there's a +3 mithral chain shirt up for the taking - I bet the ASF is much more bearable for Kuf than the breastplate, if he so wishes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Humanoids and their peculiar fascination with their *squeak* bodies. I sure your kind would be much *chhh* happier if you simple learned to groom each other occasionally. A good licking does wonders for the state of the mind; I always enjoy one before engaging in any serious research." the ratfolk offers earnestly. "Perhaps we could investigate the discipline of abjuration next?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"There is a girl in the Salty Dog Tavern that said she'd give me a 'good lickin' for a silver. If you say its god for my health ...

"So Rissi, are ratlings utters on their chest or on their tummies?"


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"The impudence of..." Rissi stops mid-scold; she reaches into her robes and draws forth Brihz from a hidden pocket. The ratfolk flips hime over and scratches her little cousin on the belly. "Observe, Seal. It is a bit like this, but of course larger protrusions for a female, as Brihz is a male. Satisfied? May we return to countering the greatest magical threat of our age now?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Sealman reaches out and tries to poke Rissi in the abdomen.

"So your utters are on your belly? Weird.

"So do you milk and pee when you sneeze? I sometimes wet myself if I laugh and sneeze at the same time."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Remind me to *squeak* avoid you when you are feeling jocular. I am sure I could devise a cantrip for incontinence, if you need assisstance Sealman. I must insist that the particulars of your questions are *chitter* private, dear."


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Would that fall under remove sickness or remove curse? Perhaps an age-altering spell....

At Lucian's suggestion you head past the statue of the strikingly handsome man adorned with a close-cropped beard and a charming expression; his form is dressed in extravagant clothes and he wields a lucerne hammer.

Although the Vaults of Greed are probably more decadent and the Iron Cages more deviant, the Shimmering Veils of Runeforge housed the wizards who took the greatest pride in their roles here.

The brightly lit corridor leading into this wind is lined with floor-to-ceiling mirrors. The reflections give the dizzying impression that the corridor opens up to each side, extending infinitely into the distance.

Rissi notes from afar that the mirrors are actually mirrors of opposition, which could prove dangerous to peer into. It would be best for everyone to keep their eyes down as you walk this passage.

Past this though, the corridor opens into an immense cathedral of polished ivory flagstones. Mirrored walls rise to a height of nearly a hundred foeet, where the vaulted ceiling arches majestically. Four immense chandeliers hang from golden chains and brightly illuminate the entire room. At the center of the cathedral, a three-step dais of polished wood supports a peacock the size of a wyvern, its feathers spread regally behind it. The creature's eyes seem to hold a great depth of wisdom and intelligence.

Also in the room are six men: all identical, wearing an elegant blue coat with a purple robe. In one sonorous voice, they speak to you in Thassilonian: "The master is in study-he is not to be disturbed. Please keey your screaming to a minimum while you are punished for daring to venture this close to his magnificence."

gm rolls:

v: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kufieno: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Lucian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Miana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Rissi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Sealman: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Initiative:

1. Kufieno, Rissi, Miana, Seal, and Lucian
2. Vraxerises

You guys are up!


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Riss looks at the fine looking cohort, and decides something evocative will suit the mood nicely. A burst of colors leaps from her hands.

Prismatic spray! Last 7th level spell slot! Taste the rainbow!
red: 1d8 ⇒ 7 sent to another plane, DC 26 will
SR?: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
orange: 1d8 ⇒ 5 flesh to stone, DC 26 fort
SR?: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
yellow: 1d8 ⇒ 5 flesh to stone, DC 26 fort
SR?: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
green: 1d8 ⇒ 8 roll twice
green: 1d8 ⇒ 8 ignore
green: 1d8 ⇒ 3 80 pts electricity, DC 26 reflex halves
green: 1d8 ⇒ 3 80 pts electricity, DC 26 reflex halves
SR?: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Uh, wow. An excellent set of rolls.


Edit: 60' cones are enormous. Here is some love for blue too.
blue: 1d8 ⇒ 3 80 pts electricity, DC 26 reflex halves
SR?: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Pride is linked to the illusion school, right?

Not sure if some of the copies are illusions or not, the Varisian evangelist applies a balm on his eyelids, casting a powerful spell to see the truth and only the truth.

"No more lies! Reveal yourself, mage!"

Casting true seeing.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Yep, illusion. The thought had occurred to me they might be illusions - six projected images! (shudder).

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

I want to see what's left after Rissi's spell first :P


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

saves: 6d20 ⇒ (18, 11, 19, 17, 10, 18) = 93

The first man resists being sent to another plane! The second one turns to stone but the third fights off the spell! The fourth is completely fried by the double-dose blast of electricity but the fifth jumps away from a fair amount of it. Meanwhile Lucian protects himself against future illusions and discovers that these are are not images or projections but rather real figures-although not made of flesh and blood: they are simulacra!

Initiative:

1. Kufieno, Rissi, Miana, Seal, and Lucian
2. Vraxerises

red:
org: stone!
yel:
blu: 40 dmg

Kufieno, Miana, and Seal are up!

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Miana turns her eyes to Rissi's spell and is in awe of the results. "Your mastery of the arcane arts is truly impressed, miss Rissi!", the suli woman smiling before she charges forward, leaping in the air to deliver a heavy axe kick.

Defensive Stunning kick @ Yellow: 1d20 + 18 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 2 - 2 = 32
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 = 16
If it hits, DC 21 Fort save or stunned 1 round

AC is 32


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"Actually, we all have appointments. You see Ms. Rissi is your master's school-time girlfriend. She's in heat, so we are here."

Seal then gives a thumb's up with an over exaggerated wink.

After realizing his ruse was suspect, Sealman and Thunderpuss charge forward with the dwarven dorn whirling overhead.

Charging, PA dorn vs Red Wizard (who is about to die): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
Dmg: 1d10 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno flies almost due east to just south of the stoned man, then casts a spell, sending a bolt of lightning through the three men to the south.

Lightning Bolt DC 17: 9d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 1, 5) + 9 = 35

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Miana, trying to be virtuous and not fall into the gutter talk between Seal and Rissi, cringes at the dwarf's latest comment. "Save your potty talk for later, there is evil to vanquish!"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Ref: 3d20 ⇒ (7, 8, 17) = 32

Miana stuns one of the simulacra as Seal charges in and hits another, his Rissi-in-heat ruse not seeming to work. Kufieno then shocks three of them!

concentration: 2d20 ⇒ (17, 1) = 18

The one near Seal casts a spell and turns invisible! The one near Kufi tries to cast a spell at the suli but is distracted when he notices that Kufieno sports claws.

DC 19 Spellcraft:
phantasmal killer

The yellow wizard stands stunned by Miana's powerful blow to his head. The two southern wizards decide to focus on Rissi:

Two DC 19 Will saves against feeblemind! If you happen to fail against the first one, the second guy will use phantasmal killer (DC 20) on Rissi instead (just to add insult death to injury if she's already brain-damaged)

Initiative:

1. Kufieno, Rissi, Miana, Seal, and Lucian
2. Vraxerises

red: 32 dmg
org: stone!
yel: 50 dmg
blu: 75 dmg
pur: 17 dmg

You guys are up!


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

will v feeble 1: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 2 = 20 I am going to assume its been less then 2 1/3 hours since the last wing and my heroism is still running, which turns it from a fail to a make on the feeblemind. I cast it right before fighting the Azlanti woman. But, it's maybe still a fail - I do get -4 to feeblemind saves on account of casting arcane spells, which would bring it back down to 16
will v 2nd effect.: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 = 25

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Oh no, hope Lucian still has a [i]

Miana repeatedly pounds on the Vraxeris in front of her which is no longer stunned.

Defensive Flurry: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 18 - 2 = 17
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11
Defensive Flurry: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 - 2 = 27
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 6 = 13
Defensive Flurry: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 18 - 2 = 36
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 8) + 6 = 15
Defensive Flurry: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 2 = 29
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 6) + 6 = 20
Defensive Flurry: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 = 22
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"Sniff him out Thunderpuss!"

Thunderpuss will use his scenes to try and pin point here the Red Mage is. Once discovered Thunderpuss has located his quarry, Sealman will call out to Lucian to confirm the correct spot and swing at him.

I'm not going to move my guys until Red is discovered, then either the DM or myself will adjust the map accordingly

Miss chance, high good: 1d100 ⇒ 12

3,701 to 3,750 of 4,673 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Endless Forms' Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.