GM Endless Forms' Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Mike Tuholski

Spires of Xin-Shalast (Book 6)

Northeast Varisia | Xin-Shalast | Tactical Map

Sandpoint | Sandpoint Hinterlands | Varisia | LOOT!


3,551 to 3,600 of 4,673 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

"Don't just stand there and let the creature stab you!" Kufieno chides Seal.

[ooc]What's the height of the hall and the room? Can Kufieno fly above Seal?"[/b]


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Move with speed and grace!". The ratfolk hastes her fellow heroes, prodding them on to greatness - she, however, prudently floats away from the fight after her spell.

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Sorry for the lack of updates; Paizo's site crashing this morning and work business/packing have kept me busy! On that note, I'll be on a trip from Wednesday to Tuesday, so posting will be sporadic, more so for GM'ing stuff. I'll do what I can and at least get one more good post later today.


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Co-Co-Co-Combat Reflexes!

Before Kufieno can offer his sage advice, Sealman's dorn whips out as the zombie closes in to crack him on the dome.

AoO, PA Dorn to the Dome!: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 191d10 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28

Seal takes the deep cut with a look of surprise. He then shortens up his dorn and wacks the zombie again.

PA Dorn to the Dome!: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 331d10 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

It's just a laboratory/library so probably not tall enough to fly above someone else.

The zombie ducks beneath Seal's quick swing but does not avoid the second blow.

Initiative:

1. Xyoddin Xerriock (25 dmg)
2. Kufieno, Rissi, Miana, Lucian, and Seal

Kufieno, Miana, and Lucian are up!

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Huh, I don't see our Zombie on the map! Still have enough speed to do something, though.

The paladin calls upon Irori's justice to the sneaky combatant before trying to acrobatically maneuver into the room over Sealman and his undead assailant.

Acrobatics to move through enemy square: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32

If she succeeds

Miana then delivers a swift kick at the creature's head!

Punch @ zombie: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 2 = 32
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 22 ⇒ (4, 7) + 6 + 22 = 39

If she misses

The paladin will try to get through again.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 43
AC is 32 against zombie


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Lucian glances at the strange undead, then prays Desna for his companions's salvation.

Casting prayer.


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Seeing Miana leaps past the ghoul, Kufi tries not to be outdone by the female suli as he leaps past the undead as well.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

If he makes it.

Turning, he swings at the creature.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 32
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 9 + 2 = 20

If he doesn't, would a 36?


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

The zombie stabs at Miana as she leaps past him.

+1 human bane dagger: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35
damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Miana then responds with a kick to the head! Lucian prays over the fight as Kufieno also joins the fight with his suli kin and smacks the undead!

The zombie hisses in anger as it is surrounded and forgoes the dagger to try to grab Seal!

grapple: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21

Initiative:

1. Xyoddin Xerriock (74 dmg)
2. Kufieno, Rissi, Miana, Lucian, and Seal

You guys are up!


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

*pop*
*pop*
*pop*
*pop*
*pop*

...magic missiles, leaping from a wand, splattering against dead flesh.

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 3, 1) + 5 = 16


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

haiku?

Kufieno begins spinning his morningstar in one hand, while jabbing with his shortsword in the other. Looking for an opening, he attacks.

Power Attack 1 (ms): 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 33
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 23

Offhand Power Attack (ss): 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 29
Arcane Strike: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 18

Iterative (ms): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 17
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 19

Hasted: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 24
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 20

Confirm? 1 (ms): 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 18
Extra Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 20


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Sealman hold off zombie with one hand on its head, like a big brother toying with a kid sister.

"No zombie. No!"

With his dorn in hand, Sealman begins to rapid smash the skull in of the poor grappler.

PA Dorn to the Dome!: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36
Dmg: 1d10 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33

Haste PA Dorn to the Dome!: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35
Dmg: 1d10 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29

PA Dorn to the Dome!: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Dmg: 1d10 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27

PA Dorn to the Dome!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Dmg: 1d10 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Lucian moves closer, and as he beholds the dagger-wielding undead, he points at him with his scorched hand and says: "Be cursed, foul spawn, and endure the same pain I bear with me!"

Casting oracle's burden, Will DC 20 negates.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Rissi plunks the undead with force missiles as Kufieno stabs the cannibal twice and Seal hits three times. It still stands though so Lucian brings down ill fortune upon it. The undead again tries to grab Seal.

grapple: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 20 - 4 = 36

But as soon as it grabs ahold of the dwarf, it is met with a flurry of attacks from Kufieno, Seal, and Miana that brings it down!

gear:
+3 chain shirt, +1 human bane dagger, masterwork dagger, amulet of natural armor +2, cloak of resistance +1, 146 gp

The various lenses and magnifying glasses built into the contraption around the examination table are worth 100 gp each—there are 10 lenses in all. The research books are worth a total of 10,000 gp. They detail various experiments, summoning rituals, chemical concoctions, and steps that Runelord Zutha’s minions followed to attain their various states of undeath. They provide a +5 circumstance bonus on all Knowledge (arcana) and Knowledge (religion) checks made regarding necromancy and undead creatures.

A character who spends at least a few hours looking through these books quickly comes across a fairly significant section detailing Runelord Zutha’s final task for the Ravenous Crypts—the development of a place and method for him to retreat from the world into stasis, should Thassilon come to a sudden end. Zutha asked his agents in Runeforge to develop a way to split his phylactery, a book entitled The Gluttonous Tome, into three pieces, which could then be hidden in the world far from Thassilon. Then, after the dust of the empire’s fall had settled, these three fragments could be brought back together to call him back from the beyond. That Azaven and the other (now destroyed) necromancers accomplished this goal is recorded, but no indication of where the three parts of the phylactery were sent can be found.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

"Stasis, huh? This could means that the Runelord of Necromancy is still a threat to this world. Maybe we should take care of him after ridding this world of Karzoug's nefarious plans." suggests the evangelist.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

To the south numerous five-foot-wide burial niches line the inner walls of this U-shaped catacomb. Each niche contains a stone burial urn, large enough to contain a crouching human body within the ancient stone container.

DC 30 Perception:
Behind one of the stone containers, the back wall is actually a secret door.


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Perception: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (14) + 26 = 40

Kufieno pads into the room and peers around. Pointing, he says. "Concealed door. Behind that container."


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Pending no traps discovered, Sealman will open the stone door and lead the party in.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Seal leads the way in! Lanterns hang from hooks over three large tables scattered throughout the chamber ahead. Two tables are covered with preserved human body parts stitched together with thick thread to partially form a pair of patchwork human corpses. Stools and small steel work trays covered in slender knives, clamps, hooks, saws, screws, needles, and other less identifiable tools surround each of the large tables.

Sitting on a stool at a worktable opposite from the entrance, stitching together the last pieces of one of the prospective patchwork undead minions, sits the master of these halls, Azaven. "Please, come in and speak with me. I would know of the outside world."

gm rolls:

azaven: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Kufieno: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Lucian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Miana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Rissi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Sealman: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

or if you just want to smack him, here's initiative:

Initiative:

1. Rissi, Kufieno, and Seal
2. Azaven
3. Lucian and Miana

Rissi, Kufieno, and Seal are up!


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Nebten is actually kinda interested in talking with this guy, maybe figure out what is going on story-wise. If he knows anything of worth, we'll talk otherwise, Clobbering Time.


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno tries to look nonchalant as he enters. "Well met. What would you like to know?"


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"Sure anything you would like to know. By the way, do you have anything to eat around here? This is the Gluttony Hall and I've yet to see a speck of food."


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

What does he look like? Alive?

Lucian nods, accepting the civilities for now.

"Greetings, well met! Much time has passed since Thassilon fell, so Golarion has changed quite a bit, you'll imagine. Empires rose and fell... one thing still remains true to this day and for all eternity, the greatness of my Lady Desna! Do you worship a divinity yourself? I'm not sure what faith most Thassilonians had. Oh, and what's your line of work?"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

No, he is very clearly... altered, no longer human. There is a picture on the map.

"Food? There is plenty of food here for those who inhabit these halls. Line of work? I study, research, create. No gods or goddesses interest me; I can outlive them, I am convinced. But I am not here to tell you of myself; tell me even of your goddess, her recent triumphs and failures. Tell me of these empires that have come and gone, the wars and the intrigue, the successions and secession's, the rise of the powerful and the revolt of the weak. Please, indulge me."


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi pauses to quickly fill in Lucian's gaps in knowledge before addressing the unliving one. "Lissala. They worshipped Lissala, Goddess of Runes and Fate."

"Much has transpired in the ten thousand years since Thassilon was an empire. I can tell you a certain amount although my companion here..." Rissi stops to gesture towards Lucian "...is more of a student of the past then I. There was an Age of Darkness when a stone fell from the stars, a darkness that lasted a thousand *chhh* years - not that my own folk noticed. There was another three-thousand plus years where the humans of Garund and Tian-Xia were the keepers of civilization on the surface world. For the past four thousand plus year many human gods and nations, *squeak* many of them newly made, have brought your race... ummm, that race into prominence on the surface world."


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"So are you a Runelord or something?"


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

The ratfolk cuts in, attempting to answer Sealman's question. "One of their servants... former servants... I would think, Master Alerteyes. Not unlike the succubus we encountered earlier. Perhaps this Master of Magic is in fact the Azaven of which the annals we found ealier speak" she guesses.


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno leans against the wall, thinking a recitation of thousands of years of history might take a while. "Maybe we should tell him the abbreviated version." Kufi says helpfully.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

"Not a runelord, no, but a servant. I am indeed Azaven. So you have read my tale? It was good to hear of the outside world from you but I am afraid that you know too much of my past for me to allow your exit from these chambers." Azaven puts down the tool he was using to sew up the body parts before him. "No, I am afraid you will be my next project."

Initiative:

1. Rissi, Kufieno, and Seal
2. Azaven
3. Lucian and Miana

Rissi, Kufieno, and Seal are up!


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno's elbow slips and he nearly falls over, but catches himself on the wall. "Wait, what?" A look of confusion, quickly replaced by one if indignation. "We're just sitting here having a civil conversation and now you're going to attack us?" He nearly screeches in anger.

Darting forward, he adds. "I'll tell you one thing that's changed since your time, manners. People's manners are markedly better today!"

Squeezing past the table, Kufieno tries to position himself behind the rude man, then attacks. Can a person squeeze back there?

Power Attack: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 16 - 3 = 24
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 9 = 21
Sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Kufieno channels his inner old-man, berating the manners of kids these days as he moves in and tries to hit the man, unfortunately finding that it is quite hard to harm the man.

DC 25 KN (religion):
He is most certainly a lich.

DR/bludgeoning and magic; immune to cold and electricity

Initiative:

1. Rissi, Kufieno, and Seal
2. Azaven (13 dmg)
3. Lucian and Miana

Rissi and Seal are up!


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

religion: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31

"A lich!". defenses, I suppose, then attacks

The wizard readies a counterspell.

if he casts:

Dispel magic greater, if he casts.
dispel check: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"I wouldn't say so, Kufieno. All the dwarflings nowadays play on their iRocks, unable to have a face to face conversation. The art of social interaction is being lost in modern society. It's a shame we are going to have to fight ... wait, did you say Lich?"

Seal takes a 5' step forward, instantly rages and begins to pound the hell out of their host.

PA, Raging Dorn vs Azaven: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
Dmg: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31

PA, Raging Dorn vs Azaven: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Dmg: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26

PA, Raging Dorn vs Azaven: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Dmg: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

This is the one you read about in the other room going through the lichdom procedure so Rissi would have informed everyone before I suppose. DR/bludgeoning and magic; immune to cold and electricity; and of course, their horcrux phylactery needs to be destroyed to really get rid of them.

Seal moves in and hits Azaven hard with his dorn! The lich steps away from Kufieno and tries to cast a quick spell to blur his form but Rissi blocks it! In anger he points a finger at her and shoots out a sickening ray.

disintegrate!
ranged touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
damage: 28d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 1, 4, 4, 1, 4, 6, 4, 1, 5, 1, 6, 4, 5, 3, 3, 3, 1, 5, 3, 6, 6, 1, 2, 5, 6, 4) = 102
If you make a DC 24 Fort save, take just 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 2, 3) = 12 damage

Initiative:

1. Rissi, Kufieno, and Seal
2. Azaven (44 dmg)
3. Lucian and Miana

You guys are up!


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufi's primary weapon is a +2 morningstar, so I think that first attack would have done full damage?

Kufieno's face turns red and he growls at the lich. "You leave Miss Rissi alone!"

Steeping up, he wait for Miana to flank with him (and any possible buffs from Lucian), then attacks with a fury.

Power Attack 1 (ms), Flank?: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 - 3 = 33
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 18
Sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Power Attack 2 (ss), Flank?: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 - 3 = 16
Arcane Strike: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 6 + 2 = 16
Sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Iterative Power Attack 1 (ms), Flank?: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 - 3 = 19
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 22
Sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 - 3 = 30
Extra Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 22


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

1d20 ⇒ 8

Lucian:
remind me if you were still shield othering me


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Yes Rissi, I still have a shield other spell on you, so let's share the burden. I only cancelled it for the reckless dwarf. But before we start counting, I still have a trump card to play.

Immediately reacting to the disintegrate spell, Lucian wishes the ray would not be that precise. Immediate action to use my Divine Interference feat. I'll sacrify a 6th-level spell to give him a -6 penalty on his RTA reroll.

Current group buffs include good hope only for now. As for my action, I'll wait until the RTA reroll is made to play accordingly.

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Agreed, I may do something different depending if Lucian was able to successfully save our favorite ratfolk wizard :)


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

ranged touch: 1d20 + 11 - 6 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 6 = 22
Looks like it still hits but with shield other nobody is dead.

Kufieno continues beating up on the lich!

Initiative:

1. Rissi, Kufieno, and Seal
2. Azaven (78 dmg)
3. Lucian and Miana

Lucian, Miana, Rissi, and Seal are up!


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi's fur turns ashen white where the green beam touches her, as her very molecules struggle with coherency. She waves her hand - where she does so violet flames spring up in a line across the ground. She then retreats around a corner, not wishing to present a further target.

wall of fire, double v. undead: 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (3, 1) + 14 = 18 so 36 dmg., no save


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Lucian cries out in pain as the mystical link between Rissi and him kicks in. "Cursed be liches and undead of all kinds! Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!"

He briefly touches his Sihedron medallion to activate it. free action: casting false life to gain 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 temporary Hp.

Blinded by the pain, he reacts violently and follows Rissi's cue, extending his charred hands towards the lich and superposing another wall of fire with the ratfolk's.
Wall of Fire, double damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 4) + 13 = 22 44 damage, then.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

forgot the damage for Kufi. 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 - oops, take a point kufi!

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Miana steps forward, calling upon Irori once more to empower her strikes against the lich. She then waits for any sign of casting before striking.

Smite, readying an attack against the lich's first spell.

Readied attack:

Smiting punch: 1d20 + 19 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 2 + 4 = 37
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 + 22 + 2 = 37


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Rissi and Lucian cut a walls of fire through Azaven and he screams in anger!

Initiative:

1. Rissi, Kufieno, and Seal
2. Azaven (170 dmg)
3. Lucian and Miana

Seal is up! Miana has a readied.


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Seal appears to have got a case of the sniffles and the fire wall (computer screen) is causing him to turn his eyes away a bit.

5' step back. Only the dorn is going through the wall o' flame

PA Raging Dorn vs Lich: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30
Dmg: 1d10 + 27 ⇒ (8) + 27 = 35

PA Raging Dorn vs Lich: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Dmg: 1d10 + 27 ⇒ (4) + 27 = 31

PA Raging Dorn vs Lich: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Dmg: 1d10 + 27 ⇒ (1) + 27 = 28

Confirm Crit PA Raging Dorn vs Lich: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Dmg: 1d10 + 27 ⇒ (3) + 27 = 30


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

With several hefty swings of his dorn, Seal sends Azaven flying backwards, landing on his back and ceasing to move....

Out of combat!

gear:
staff of hungry shadows (10 charges), bracers of armor +5, headband of vast intelligence +4 (KN: nobility and Spellcraft), ring of protection +2, contingency statuette worth 2000 gp

The surgical equipment here was created from silver jewelry and decorations and is worth 1200 gp.

DC 30 Perception:
You also note a hidden trap door in the northern corner of the room.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36
Lucian takes some time to search the dead body and the rest of the room.

"There, a hidden trap door - look!"


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"Hail to the King, baby," Sealman says after dorning the dead.

Seal congratulates Lucian on his find. "Good eyes there, priest. A secret trapdoor in a secret room behind two secret doors. Let's see what skeletons the lich keeps in his closet."

After the party is ready, Salman will activate his Adaption. He will then draw his Greatclub and tap his Lead Blades wand on it. With a wink, he will lead the party through the trap(ped?) door.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Perhaps his phylactery, although I doubt the *squeak* lich would keep such a precious item so close at hand."


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

This crypt contains three stone sarcophagi, each bearing detailed carvings of hundreds of capering skeletons and dancing corpses.

gm rolls:

Kufieno: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40 (+2 traps)
Lucian: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 (+4 against surprise)
Evanya: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Miana: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Sealman: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24 (+2 stoneworking)
Rissi: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Kufieno and Lucian instantly recognize that these three sarcophagi are trapped to release large amounts of negative energy into the whole room, although they don't seem able to recharge themselves now that the portal room has been disabled.

3,551 to 3,600 of 4,673 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Endless Forms' Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.