GM Endless Forms' Rise of the Runelords (Inactive)

Game Master Mike Tuholski

Spires of Xin-Shalast (Book 6)

Northeast Varisia | Xin-Shalast | Tactical Map

Sandpoint | Sandpoint Hinterlands | Varisia | LOOT!


3,651 to 3,700 of 4,673 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno's eyes widen slightly as he sees the dozen warriors, then casts a sidelong glance at Seal. "You take the right, I'll take the left...?" Darting into the room, he quickly casts a spell, creating a bolt of lightning that arcs down the eastern line of warriors.

Lightning Bolt DC 17: 9d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 1, 3, 3, 2, 5, 4) + 9 = 38
Sneak for the first three (30')?: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Sealman slaps the haft of Isoult on an open palm as he strolls into the room. He nods at Kufieno's recommendation

"Looks like we got a room full of Wannabes. If you want some ..."

The dwarf then taps his Ioun Stone and doubles in size. Whirling Isoult in the air, the weapon's reach can nearly cover one side of the room to the other.

"...come get some!"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

It's kinda hard to tell but if you zoom in you can see the difference between the sinspawn and the Azlanti. I included bigger pictures to make it easier, hopefully.

Ref: 6d20 ⇒ (9, 16, 15, 14, 11, 18) = 83

Kufieno's blast hurts all of the sinspawn to varying degrees. They rush down the room to prevent your entry, swinging their deadly axes along the way.

Three on Kufieno, the rest had to double-move (through Seal's threatened squares).

+1 greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

+1 greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

+1 greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

All of the Azlanti warriors hold their greatswords one-handed for just long enough for them all to cast an identical spell: mirror image! Now the room is simply filled with Azlanti warriors!

6d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 4, 1, 1) = 13

Initiative:

1. Kufieno and Seal
2. Warriors of Wrath
3. Miana, Rissi, and Lucian

tracker:

red ss: 47
org ss: 23
yel ss: 23
grn ss: 19
blu ss: 38
pur ss: 19

red az: 4 images
org az: 5 images
yel az: 4 images
grn az: 6 images
blu az: 3 images
pur az: 3 images

You guys are up!


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno steals a glance over his shoulder. "Can you tell us anything about what we're facing, Miss Rissi?"

Holding for possible buffs.

KN: dungeoneering? on sinspawn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Sinspawn of Wrath I *chhh* would guess - as before, do not bother with mental magic as the are an emotion embodied and that *squeak* overpowers all other thoughts. I imagine their strength of arms is their greatest ability."

She unleashes an empowered fireball.

arcana: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (20) + 30 = 50
Hitting 9?
fire: 10d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 6, 3, 5, 3, 5, 4, 4, 3) = 41 -> 61 pts, DC 22 halves.

up to 9 SRs:

SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

I'm just doing the AoO's right now. I'll do Seal full round actions after our cute couple goes.

Sealman waits the onslaught. The first two that try to advance, the dwarf tries to trip them up.

Trip vs Blue's CMD: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

Trip vs Green CMD: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

If they are tripped they should be 2 squares back from where they are since Seal has 15' reach.

"Miana, I'm clearin' space for ya'!


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Sorry Kuf, no buff this round - how the azlanti warriors are aligned is just too tempting! The good hope spell is active, though.

Lucian steps forward, slightly afraid to see so many warriors turning against them in the room.

"Maybe we could talk about this, y'know?"

However he quickly realizes that they won't surrender or even consider the diplomatic option. Lucian sighs.

"Very well, spawns of wrath. You've lived by fire, now die by fire!" he exclamates as he projects in front of him a wall of fire to incinerate sinspawns and azlantis alike.

See pattern on the map. The waves of heat will be effective on the western side.

Wall of Fire: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 = 16

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Gotta let the casters have their boom fun once in a while :P

Miana moves forward and attacks one of the surviving sinspawn.

Attacking Red first, then either of the adjacent ones if Red doesn't make it/

Swift action to get into Crane Style

Defensive kick @ Red: 1d20 + 18 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 18 + 2 - 2 = 20
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 + 2 = 13

AC is 32


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Yep, nothing really special about the sinspawn. SR 13 I forgot to mention but I'm not going to bother with it for the spell you have cast already but remember for future spells. Nothing special about Azlantis though.

Ref: 7d20 ⇒ (2, 2, 16, 1, 11, 6, 10) = 48
2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Seal trips up two of the sinspawn as they move in. Rissi brings the flames and takes out four sinspawn and leaves heavy wounds on three of the Azlanti warriors. Lucian's wall of fire is enough to send a few more Azlanti warriors falling to the ground! Unfortunately, all of the pyrotechnics distract Miana and she misses the sinspawn in front of her.

Initiative:

1. Kufieno and Seal
2. Warriors of Wrath
3. Miana, Rissi, and Lucian

tracker:
org ss: 23
yel ss: 23
grn az: 16 dmg, 6 images
blu az: 16 dmg, 3 images
pur az: 16 dmg, 3 images

Kufieno and Seal are up!


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Seal is shocked as the magic users lay to waste the sithspawn before him. He tries to take out the orange spawn, then the yellow one.

LB Isoult vs Orange SS: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37
Dmg: 6d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 6, 5, 6) + 13 = 40

LB Isoult vs Orange/Yellow SS: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Dmg: 6d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 5, 1, 2) + 13 = 30

LB Isoult vs Orange/Yellow SS: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Dmg: 6d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 2, 2, 1) + 13 = 32


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno smiles as the opponents are laid low. Hefting his morningstar in both hands, he empowers it with his arcane power and swings at the sinspawn in front of him.

Power Attack, GH: 1d20 + 16 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 2 - 3 = 17
Arcane Strike (2 handed): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 9 = 25

Power Attack, GH: 1d20 + 16 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 - 3 = 18
Arcane Strike (2 handed): 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 9 = 19


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Seal takes care of the sinspawn and Kufieno readies his morningstar against the approaching Azlanti.

The three remaining warriors step out of the fire wall and cast more protective spells on themselves, causing their many images to blur and distort

Initiative:

1. Kufieno and Seal
2. Warriors of Wrath
3. Miana, Rissi, and Lucian

grn az: 16 dmg, 6 images, 50% miss
blu az: 16 dmg, 3 images, 50% miss
pur az: 16 dmg, 3 images, 50% miss

You guys are up!


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Rissi casually waves a wand in a lazy pattern through the air, sending a quintet of magic missiles streaking towards an azlanti.

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 1, 3) + 5 = 13
SR in case?: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

With the green azlanti in front of him, Seal quickly assaults him in attempt to catch some flesh within the visual chaos.

Power Attack. Hit the bad guy on a 1 for mirror image & 51%+ for miss chance

PA, LB vs Green Azlanti: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Dmg: 6d6 + 25 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 3, 5, 4) + 25 = 49
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 83
Mirror Image: 1d6 ⇒ 5

PA, LB vs Green Azlanti: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Dmg: 6d6 + 25 ⇒ (5, 6, 2, 4, 6, 3) + 25 = 51
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 54
Mirror Image: 1d5 ⇒ 1

PA, LB vs Green Azlanti: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Dmg: 6d6 + 25 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 6, 6, 3) + 25 = 53
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 8 Shakes fist!
Mirror Image: 1d5 ⇒ 1


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno moves up, drawing his offhand blade along the way and attack the blue robed Azlanti.

Power Attack, GH: 1d20 + 16 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 2 - 3 = 31
Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 17
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 97
Image: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Lucian holds out his hand, and a shower of blinding light appears on two of the Azlanti warriors!

Casting burst of radiance at blue and purple. They both take 5d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 4, 1) = 9 damage if they're evil, and get a DC 20 Ref save to be dazzled instead of blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Miana calls to Kufieno and Sealman. "Close your eyes, do not be fooled by the blurry images! Use your ki force!"

The paladin then steps forward, closing her eyes as she attacks, and performs several spinning kicks in an acrobatic style capoiera mon!.

Defensive blind flurry @ Green: 1d20 + 18 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 2 - 2 = 30
Miss chance > 50 = hit: 1d100 ⇒ 72
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 6 + 2 = 15
Defensive blind flurry @ Green: 1d20 + 18 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 2 - 2 = 25
Miss chance > 50 = hit: 1d100 ⇒ 30
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 + 2 = 15
Defensive blind flurry @ Green: 1d20 + 18 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 2 - 2 = 19
Miss chance > 50 = hit: 1d100 ⇒ 53
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 + 2 = 16
Defensive blind flurry @ Green: 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 24
Miss chance > 50 = hit: 1d100 ⇒ 90
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 + 2 = 19
Defensive blind flurry @ Green: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 15
Miss chance > 50 = hit: 1d100 ⇒ 37
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 7) + 6 + 2 = 17

Maybe 2 hits?


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Ref: 2d20 ⇒ (18, 4) = 22
2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

Rissi easily hits on the warriors with some force missiles as Seal lands one successful hit against another. Kufieno also succeeds... at popping an image. Lucian's blast blinds the one in the back as Miana pops an image but also lands a solid blow which sends the green-clad warrior crumbling to the ground!

The blinded warrior simply casts another spell on himself; Rissi recognizes it as a strengthening spell. The other attacks Kufieno:

+1 greatsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12

Initiative:

1. Kufieno and Seal
2. Warriors of Wrath
3. Miana, Rissi, and Lucian

blu az: 25 dmg, 2 images, 50% miss
pur az: 34 dmg, 3 images, 50% miss, blinded 3 rnds, bs

You guys are up!

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

@EF: Closing eyes actually negates mirror images! Since mirror image only works if you are confused by seeing multiple images, it's many times better just closing your eyes and taking the 50% miss chance, more so since they displaced themselves anyway so there was already the 50% miss chance. Relevant line is in the 3rd paragraph of the spell. A moot point since a single hit did the trick anyway, but for future reference :)

Miana opens her eyes and darts next to the two warriors, going around Kufieno to aid his attacks. Once again, she closes her eyes and this time makes a single thrust towards the warrior's ki center to disrupt its flow.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40

Defensive blind Stunning fist: 1d20 + 18 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 18 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 28
Miss chance > 50 = hit: 1d100 ⇒ 84
Damage on hit: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 6 + 2 = 18
If hit, must make a DC 21 Fort save or be stunned for 1 round

With fighting defensively and Sacred Defense, AC is 35 against them, although Miana is currently blind while she tries to 'use' the Force ki to aim her attacks.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

Dismayed that the remaining warriors have avoided his blast of light, Lucian simply chooses to trust his companions's aim... or to aid them a little.

Casting dispel magic at the blue one, aiming at dispelling the mirror images.
Dispel check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

Kufieno nods and grins at Miana as he steps into flank and attack the blue robed man.

Power Attack 1 (ms): 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 19
Sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 62
Image: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Power Attack 2 (ss): 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 - 3 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 6 + 2 = 15
Sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 2

Iterative (ms): 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 16
Sneak: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 41


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

ooc:
Miana, Champion of Irori wrote:
@EF: Closing eyes actually negates mirror images! Since mirror image only works if you are confused by seeing multiple images, it's many times better just closing your eyes and taking the 50% miss chance, more so since they displaced themselves anyway so there was already the 50% miss chance.

Oh, I'm well aware of that reasoning but I'm choosing to ignore it. It's too much of a metagaming exploit of the rules to circumvent mirror image. I'm not denying that it's not technically sound according to the rules as they are written, but I find it far too cheesy and metagame-y so outside of PFS I put my foot down on that one and don't allow it. Sorry to spoil your fun!

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Lucian destroys the blue-clad woman's images as Miana runs behind the Azlanti and hits her from behind! Kufieno then hits her again, although he has trouble with his follow-ups because of her distorted figure.

Initiative:

1. Kufieno and Seal
2. Warriors of Wrath
3. Miana, Rissi, and Lucian

blu az: 68 dmg, 50% miss
pur az: 34 dmg, 3 images, 50% miss, blinded 3 rnds, bs

Rissi and Seal are up!


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Sealman jogs up behind Kufieno. A large axe swings over his head to try and strike the Blue Azlanit. He then continues the arc to cleave into the Purple warrior.

Miss Chance vs Blue: 1d100 ⇒ 1 And that saves me a bunch of typing ... carry on!

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Fair enough. I'd figure I could role play it as using ki sense, but it also then seems weird then to use both mirror image and displacement. May my dice strike true!

-Posted with Wayfinder


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Magic missile fly towards the closer Azlanti. 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 3, 1) + 5 = 14


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Rissi's missiles drop the blue fighter, leaving only the blinded purple fighter. See swingly wildly at Miana before the whole party closes in on her and takes her down.

Out of combat!

gear(x6):
+2 mithral shirt, +1 greatsword, spellbook (nothing Rissi doesn't already have), +2 breastplate, +1 greataxe


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Well that was stimulating I *squeak* suppose. It is a shame - it would have been fascinating to have had discourse with a living Azlanti. I suppose Karzoug will prove equally *chhh* disinclined to discourse, when we finally cross paths. Pity." The wizard squeaks thrice in disappointment.

She casts false life. 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"So do you want us to knock one of them out next time so that you can torture them?"

Sealman then looks to the left, then to the right. Seeing the two symbols, Seal yells out, "Who wants to split the party?"


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

"Splitting the party here would be quite inappropriate, Master Alerteyes. We'd better stay together, for this quarter appears to be heavily guarded."


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Only you would *chhh* refer to rational, measured discussion as torture." the ratfolk hisses in disapproval.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Let us choose the red circle to West next; the choice seems as *chhh* good as any"


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Sealman browses his weapon options and decides to continue with Isoult. He renews Lead Blades and journeys through the west wings red circle.

Should still be Enlarged. Lasts 13 minutes.

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

Grateful that Rissi was able to not Scooby Doo this keep Sealman thinking rationally, she follows the dwarf into the red circle.


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Rissi directs the party to the western portals, which whisk you away to different part of the complex.

This long chamber is filled with two rows of wide worktables. The far end of the chamber contains three wide alcoves. The ones to the north and south are each filled with all matter of alchemical supplies and large barrels, while the one in the middle contains a single huge vat of what appears to be twitching, foul-smelling flesh.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

alchemy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
dungeoneering? whatever seems appropriate for an ooze: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (3) + 30 = 33
detect magic + spellcraft for good measure: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (3) + 31 = 34

"I find this lab to be much more befitting of a wizard then the *squeak* pleasure and charnel houses we have thus far encountered. Careful, it might be *chhhh* trapped."

:P


Sorcerer(Seeker) 1 / Rogue 4 / DD 9 Suli AC22(26)/T16/FF17/CMD30||HP146[146]F:+11|R:13|W:+10(+2 vs poison)||Init.+9|Perc:+26(+28 trapspotter)blindsense 30'

"You think so, Miss Rissi?" Kufieno asks as he begins peering around the room, checking for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (3) + 28 = 31


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

"We are in the boom-boom-pow rooms of magic, right? Not the ichy, zombie raising, soul stealing death magic? Just double checking.

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

"It's the flesh that worries me... more necromancy?", Miana asks, on her guard.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Perhaps; or perhaps it is more like the oozes that spontaneously *squeak* arise from the raw ingredients of matter, like those made in the Nexian city of Oenopion."

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

"That's only mildly more reassuring.", Miana smiling in some jest. "Does it appear that we should take some of this equipment lest it stay within the hands of evil?"


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Sealman cocks his head in confusion afer Rissi's response.

"What does making Necklaces at Onomatopoeia have to do with anything?"

"Besides, this is not were oozes reside. According to the old stories, oozes hide in beautiful fountains that appear out of place in an underground dungeon. They font cool sparkling water, ever so tempting to drink. Then once you cup your hand full of water, BAM! You get slimed."

Sealman is about to raise his axe to destroy the wickeness within the room, then stops when the axehead reaches its apex.

"Oh... you wanted to save this stuff?"

Silver Crusade

Female Suli Paladin 3/ Monk-Un 4/ CoI 10 | HP 181/181 | AC 28 (39)* T 28 (30) FF 24 (35)* | F +22 R +20 W +21* (22) | CMD 48 | Init +4 | Perc +20 | Smite 3/3 Lay on Hands 12/12 Stunning Fist 14/14 Elemental Assault 17/17 Ki Points 13/14 Inevitable Fist 17/17

"As a paladin, evil must be rooted out. As a student of Irori, though, these articles should be disseminated first to learn about them. The knowledge may come in handy in the future."


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Rissi spends a few moments studying the cauldron and determines that this is one of the ingredients in creating and maintaining sinspawn. It certainly would not be a good idea to touch or handle the liquid in any way.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"Ah, of course, this is the raw material for sinspawn... the raw material of hatred and violence incarnate. Do not touch it, and it would be best to burn it."


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Lore) 8, Evangelist 10 | HP 165/165 | AC:36 T:20 FF:29 CMD: 30 | F+13 R+22 W+24 (+2 vs transmutation) | Init +5 | Per +25 (+4 to determine whether he's surprised), Darkvision 60ft

"You mean sinspawns are made of these materials? How disgusting. Yet surprising. I always assumed sinspawns were twisted forms of people devoured by their own sins."


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Since there seems to be nothing left in this room, you can use the portals to return to the training hall and from there through the opposite set of portals.

You then emerge in a large chamber with polished granite walls covered in spidery glyphs. The ceiling rises twenty-five feet high; where a mural depicts a redheaded woman holding a flaming ranseur standing atop a burning tower of stone. Swords and ranseurs rest inside shallow depressions int he walls, glowing faintly to illuminate the chamber. The east side of the room is a solid wall of billowing black smoke.

Further on you see a wide avenue flanked by crimson stone pillars-the ceiling there arches sixty feet above and seems to be made of fire. At the center of the room, a huge seven-pointed star made of silver is engraved into the floor and surrounded by a circle of low-burning flames.

An Azlanti woman with darkened skin and stark white hair stands in the grand chamber before the rune, her red armor gleaming in the flames of her burning ranseur. She shrieks a battle cry in Thassilonian when you appear: "For fury and hellfire!"

gm rolls:

hla: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Kufieno: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Lucian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Miana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Rissi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Sealman: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Initiative:

1. Miana, Seal, Lucian, Kufieno, and Rissi
2. Highlady Athroxis

You guys are up!


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

Lovely pic

Rissi flies off to the side, squeaking with worry.

"Oh my, oh my".

She pulls a small piece of oak from her spell pouch and waves it through the air; the sound of thunder echoes around the distant agent of violence.

Metamagic mastery (1 uses), persistent thunderstrike (costs 1 less due to custom spell)

sonic, cast at CL 15: 7d8 ⇒ (2, 5, 8, 8, 3, 5, 5) = 36 plus one round of stun; DC 24 fortitude save negates the stun and halves the damage. Persistent: take the worse of two rolls

Oh, SR? 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27


Giant Slayer 17| HP 241/241 (214/292) |20% MC AC:23 T:15 FF:21 CMD: 41(45) | F+21 R+15 W+12 | Init +2 | Per +27

Sealman yells out at Rissi, who is trying to remain inconspicuous.

"So Rissi, did you want to talk with this lady?"

Delaying a bit. Seal would have recast Lead Blades on Isoult before going through the rune.


Spell Effects:
heroism, false life, mage armor, mind blank, overland flight
Stats:
Wizard 17 | HP 121/121| AC:19 T:19 FF:15 CMD: 23 | F+13 R+13 W+15 | Init +11 | Per +24 (darkvision)

"NO!"


The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge

Fort: 2d20 ⇒ (8, 20) = 28

Rissi shocks the Highlady a bit but she seems quite a resilient one...

Initiative:

1. Miana, Seal, Lucian, Kufieno, and Rissi
2. Highlady Athroxis (18 dmg)

Miana, Seal, Lucian, and Kufieno are up!

3,651 to 3,700 of 4,673 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Endless Forms' Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.