GM Batpony PFS [9-04] Unseen Inclusion (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Maps & Handouts

Low Tier

GM:
Discoveries: 5


251 to 282 of 282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Oread M Oread Spiritualist [HP 38/38, AC 16 /ff 14 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +9, Init +2, Per +5, Spd 20'

Hey hey...we just might live yet.

Bielsi shakes his head and works his jaw open and closed several times t clear his mind and stop the ringing in his ears. The combat is already heavily underway with the ever diligent Kenza holding the line for the rest of them.

But that first volley hurt the Pathfinders bad and one of their number is already down. Even as Zarisha is moving forward to exact her revenge, the Oread draws his healing wand and touches it to Avasir to bring him back into the fight.

"On your feet, my good man. There's cultists to be vanquished!" he declares.

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Scarab Sages

Fort +4, Refl +3, Will +3 Darkvision 60' Perception +6 Despair Phantom Companion 5th HP: 31/34 Ecto AC 23 (19 w/out gear), touch 14, flat-footed 17. Inco 21, touch 21, flat-footed 16 DR 5/Slashing

Zarisha also shakes off the stunning report of the cultist's spell, though she does not have the strength of will to resist the minor curse as the others have. Still, she is ready to vent her ire on her opponents and marches forward to deliver a fist to someone's face.

She'll attack Blue if he's still up. Green if Blue was downed by Kenza. Oh, and because it is probably going to be an issue in a moment...Zarisha has DR5/Slashing.

Slam minus Bane: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 1 = 12
Slamage plus Miserable Strike*: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Miserable Strike*:
If the phantom hits a creature with a slam attack, that creature must succeed at a DC 13 Will saving throw or take a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting fear and emotionUM effect. Penalties from multiple hits don't stack with themselves.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Don't forget your bane peeps.

Ash's spell falls short as the cultist stands his ground unmoved by his attempt. "Hah! You think I will fall for such simplistic magic?!" He taunts the undine.

Cultist Will DC13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Kenza comes up quickly doing a quick feint with a good solid punch on one of the acolytes. Before the acolyte is able to return the favour, Frostwind drops a bomb in his face from around the door and the blast sends the enemy out with a concussion.

Bielsi immediately comes to Avasir's aid to cure the elf back into the light to fight another minute against the cultist horde. Meanwhile his companion phantom further engages the remaining acolyte but finds that the other one is a little bit more proficient in dodging blows.

Combat Round 2
conditions: Bane(-Kenza,-Belial)

Acolyte B(unconscious) G(Divine Favour), Cultist R
Frostwind -7, Avasir -4 (Prone), Kenza -7, (MA)
Bielsi -7, Zarisha -7, Ashwell -7, Lindwickett -7

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13, t 13, ff 10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0, R+3, W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +4; low-light | Speed 30ft | Hand of the apprentice: 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Avasir awakes to nearby chaos, his ears still ringing from the initial blast. He sees that three teammates are to the front and side of him, so he feels safe in slowly standing up in place to survey the scene and get his bearings.

Stand up from prone, move action, provokes but there are no enemies threatening.

He steps up next to Frostwind to give himself a bit more time to figure out what to do.

Movement, move action.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

The little man Lindwickett hurries into the fray, as fast as his little legs can take him, moving just enough to get into reach of the acolyte with the green eyes. He stabs him with his rapier and pierces his lungs! The acolyte cannot take the pain, gasps for air, and falls unconscious.

Rapier,flank: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27P: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Rapier,crit?,flank: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28P: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oh how the turntables.

The tides seem to have turned in the Pathfinder's favours, but soon, out of the corner, a creature turns out of the shadows, mumbling curses under it's breath. This disembodied and bestial head covered in lashing hair and curling horns hovers above the ground. It then creates a telepathic link with cultist tormenting him to do his bidding. The cultist seems to have a headache but grows a little stronger as well.

He had casted invisible prior so no one could have made the d20+37 perception check. His actions are special to this scenario so they're not SP,SU,EX to the character.

Temp life: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Kn planes DC12 to identify.

In some sort of frustration, the cultist takes step back and yells as he grasp his (un)holy symbol that he wearns around his neck. This is follow by a burst of negative energy that overcomes the Pathfinder's near him.

Channel Negative Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Frostwind, Kenza, Lindwickett, Zarisha are affected by the Negative Energy. DC13 Will to half.

???, will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Combat Round 2
conditions: Bane(-Kenza,-Belial)

Acolyte B(unconscious) G(unconcious), Cultist R (+3hp,-2AC)
Frostwind -7, Avasir -4 (Prone), Kenza -7, (MA)
Bielsi -7, Zarisha -7, Ashwell -7, Lindwickett -7

??? -7

Everyone is up!

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC 17 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7* R:+7 W:+7 (+2 vs. enchantments, hot weather, +1 vs. disease, poison) | Init +2 | Perc +9, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +8 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool: 5/5, Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Taking half damage.

Kenza stands firm against the pulse of unholy energy. She steps forward, following the cultist, then she punches him twice in rapid succession. Using Stunning Fist on her first attack.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 And Stunning fist! DC 13 Fortitude to resist.
Damage 1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage 2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13, t 13, ff 10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0, R+3, W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +4; low-light | Speed 30ft | Hand of the apprentice: 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Knowledge (planes) to identify: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Avasir runs up past Linwickett. "Cover me!"

25', move action

He stretches his right hand out towards the floating hand and releases a small cone of flame.

Cast burning hands, standard action.

Fire damage, DC16 reflex for half: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

female Sylph
Stats:
hp 24/24 AC 16|T 13 |FF 13 (+2 vs nonm. ranged attacks), F +4|R +5|W +0, Init +3, Per +6
Alchemist (Tinkerer) 3

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Avasir recognizes the creature as the one that has been taunting the city, a Doru. Dorus are the divs that whisper in the night, the foul inspiration that drifts upon fetid winds, the messengers of pretender gods. Avasir has one question.

Kenza continues to bring the fight to the cultist scum, and delivers a good right hook. But the human continues to defend himself adequately not to take a pummelling.

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Lindwickett, Zarisha are affected by the Negative Energy. DC13 Will to half.

Combat Round 2
conditions: Bane(-Kenza,-Belial)

Acolyte B(Dead) G(Dead), Cultist R -5(-2AC)
Frostwind -14, Avasir -4, Kenza -11 (MA)
Bielsi -7, Zarisha -7, Ashwell -7, Lindwickett -7
Doru -7

Dark Archive

female Sylph
Stats:
hp 24/24 AC 16|T 13 |FF 13 (+2 vs nonm. ranged attacks), F +4|R +5|W +0, Init +3, Per +6
Alchemist (Tinkerer) 3

Feeling the pain Frostwind quickly grabs her healing wand and moves a step aside. Then she quickly taps herself.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash reaches deep inside himself and tries to connect with the red enemy’s mind, crushing it with his own.

Damage 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

Cast Mind Thrust 1. DC 15 Will for half damage.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread M Oread Spiritualist [HP 38/38, AC 16 /ff 14 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +9, Init +2, Per +5, Spd 20'

Bielsi catches sight of their true opponent and she is truly hideous. A wave of dark energy pulses out of her and washes over Zarisha, a fact that he can feel through his link to her.

It's not so intense that he needs to feed his own life force into her to keep her active...yet.

He marches forward to engage their opponent and reaches out with his mental powers to shake her resolve.

Cast Doom. DC15 Will save or she is Shaken for 2 minutes.

Scarab Sages

Fort +4, Refl +3, Will +3 Darkvision 60' Perception +6 Despair Phantom Companion 5th HP: 31/34 Ecto AC 23 (19 w/out gear), touch 14, flat-footed 17. Inco 21, touch 21, flat-footed 16 DR 5/Slashing

As the opponents near her fall, Zarisha stalks forward. The area of combat is crowded and she has to go around Kenza and a column to get to the last cultist. Which is just what she does, moving on him implacably before trying to slam him with her ectoplasmic fist.

1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 1 = 7
Slamage plus Miserable Strike: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13, t 13, ff 10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0, R+3, W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +4; low-light | Speed 30ft | Hand of the apprentice: 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Question: any energy/damage resistances? Also, did my burning hands cast happen? I didn't see a reflect save in there (unless you're about to tell me energy resistance/fire).

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

:P Avasir may retcon, immunity to fire, poison, DR/cold Iron good, resist acid, electricity, spell resistance.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13, t 13, ff 10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0, R+3, W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +4; low-light | Speed 30ft | Hand of the apprentice: 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Yup, there it is :P Switching to Hand of the Apprentice at the cultist. Mwk dagger is not cold iron.

RET-CON

Avasir runs up past Linwickett. "Cover me!"

25', move action

He quickly throws his dagger at the cultist behind Kenza.

Masterwork dagger, hand of the apprentice at red, into melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14
Masterwork dagger damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

As soon as it reaches its target, it flies back into the elf's hand.

He yells out to his group. "The float head is immune to fire and poison! Resistant to acid, electricity, and spells. Physical harm requires cold iron up to a point."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Attempting not to let the appearance of the Doru distract them, the Pathfinders continue to focus their efforts to eliminate the cultist threat first. Ashwell throws a mind thrust attempting to penetrating his thoughts. The thought of loss and despair rings in his head but not enough that it causes him to doubt himself.

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

On a similar note, Bielsi too attempts to cast a desperation of doom on the human. But after Ashwell's little trick, he fortifies his mind against the attack.

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Bielsi comes in with a melee attack but the cultist dodges her strike but not in time to avoid Avasir's floating dagger. Lindwickett follows through with an attack of his own, prodding the human with his rapier.

Linwickett Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Mw Rapier,Bane: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 17P: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

The Doru forces the cultist to react once more tormenting him telepathically immediately retaliates against Kenza swinging his morningstar in hand. But Kenza does a little twist to avoid the knock.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 = 17B: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Agitated at the turn of events, the cultist countinues to step back to release a wave of negative energy.

Channel N. Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
Everyone except Frostwind and Ashwell are hit. DC Will for halve

Doru Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Combat Round 3
conditions: Bane(-Kenza,-Belial)

Acolyte B(Dead) G(Dead), Cultist R -15(-2AC)
Frostwind -14, Avasir -4, Kenza -11 (MA)
Bielsi -7, Zarisha -7, Ashwell -7, Lindwickett -14

Doru -12

Silver Crusade

Male Oread M Oread Spiritualist [HP 38/38, AC 16 /ff 14 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +9, Init +2, Per +5, Spd 20'

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

The wave of necromantic energy washes over Bielsi and overwhelms his ability to resist it, leaving him very close to unconsciousness.

It is an easy decision to use the wand he has in hand on himself. It is the only way he'll be able to stay in the battle.

CLW wan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

Fort +4, Refl +3, Will +3 Darkvision 60' Perception +6 Despair Phantom Companion 5th HP: 31/34 Ecto AC 23 (19 w/out gear), touch 14, flat-footed 17. Inco 21, touch 21, flat-footed 16 DR 5/Slashing

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Zarisha is just as unsuccessful in resisting the wave of dark energy. Unfortunately, she was not quite as healthy when the energy hit. With a disconcerting ripple followed by a palpable "pop" her ectoplasmic form is disrupted and she disappears.

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC 17 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7* R:+7 W:+7 (+2 vs. enchantments, hot weather, +1 vs. disease, poison) | Init +2 | Perc +9, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +8 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool: 5/5, Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Taking half damage.

Kenza feels the foul energy roll through her, and manages to shake most of it off. Still, she's hurt. Battered, bruised, and weakened from the foul magic, she doesn't look like she'll be standing much longer. She pulls out her healing potion and drinks it.

Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

In his desperation with nothing to lose, the negative energy seems to hold back the Pathfinders from their advancement as they take a step back to heal themselves. Unfortunately Zarisha has come to hear limits and is sent away momentarily.

Combat Round 3
conditions: Bane(-Kenza,-Belial)

Acolyte B(Dead) G(Dead), Cultist R -15(-2AC)
Frostwind -14, Avasir -4, Kenza -9 (MA)
Bielsi -8, Zarisha (poof), Ashwell -7, Lindwickett -14
Doru -12

Avasir needs to make his Will save against the negative energy

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 6 | AC (19)15/15/13| HP 38/38 | F+6,R+5,W+8 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+2, Perc +11 | CMD 15 | Phrenic Pool 6/6

Ash continues crushing the red enemy’s mind as best as he could.

Damage 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Cast Mind Thrust 1. DC 15 Will for half damage.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13, t 13, ff 10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0, R+3, W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +4; low-light | Speed 30ft | Hand of the apprentice: 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Will for half negative energy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 4 damage

Avasir resists the negative energy that washes over him as best he can, but even that is too much for him. He again falls unconscious.

-8 total, -2/6

Stabilize? DC10: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

This time is worse than the last and he continues to fade.

another -1 for this round, -9 total

Dark Archive

female Sylph
Stats:
hp 24/24 AC 16|T 13 |FF 13 (+2 vs nonm. ranged attacks), F +4|R +5|W +0, Init +3, Per +6
Alchemist (Tinkerer) 3

Mixing a new bomb, leaving her comrades out Frostwind throws it at the red enemy.
AttackvsTo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Like Avasir, Lindwickett succumbs to the negative energy and falls to unconsciousness.

Avasir and Frostwind persevere through against the cultist and unleash more mind attacks and bombs. The enemy takes on too much hurt and eventually collapses, rendering him unconscious.

lindwickett will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The doru looks on with further frustrations and decides the fight is over for him. He turns himself invisible and attempts to flee the scene.

stealth invisibility: 1d20 + 37 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 37 - 10 = 35

Unless anyone can make a perception 35 or has see invisibility we'll round up the scenario.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread M Oread Spiritualist [HP 38/38, AC 16 /ff 14 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +9, Init +2, Per +5, Spd 20'

[ooc}I can't do either.[/ooc]

Dark Archive

female Sylph
Stats:
hp 24/24 AC 16|T 13 |FF 13 (+2 vs nonm. ranged attacks), F +4|R +5|W +0, Init +3, Per +6
Alchemist (Tinkerer) 3

No chance!

Scarab Sages

Female Half-orc Monk 4 | HP: 30/30 | AC 17 (T16, FF 14) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7* R:+7 W:+7 (+2 vs. enchantments, hot weather, +1 vs. disease, poison) | Init +2 | Perc +9, SM +2, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +8 | Speed 40 ft. | Ki Pool: 5/5, Orc Ferocity: 1/1, Stunning Fist: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Kenza cannot!

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Avasir and Lindwickett need to be healed prior to conclusions. So do let me know who offers their resources.

Unfortunately, the doru is too cunning and escapes out of sight without the Pathfinders able to track it. However, with the cultists defeated, the ritual ends abruptly. A crescendo of frantic telepathic whispering spews from the gem: “I am awake! I see you—all of you! My strength grows. Do not forget…” before fading away. Upon a closer inspection of the jewel, it appears to be the onyx sage jewel, a minor artefact and one of the foundational relics of the Jeweled Sages organization. Like other such jewels, it likely contains the memories and knowledge of generations of scholars.

There is also a folded, faded, and threadbare banner that bears a charging leopard on a background of tan and black— the crest of one of the Tekritanin League city-states that occupied this region long before Thuvia’s unification.

With the immediate threat of the cultist annihilated, the Pathfinders are able to peruse the rest of the hidden ruins cautiously finding a trove of cultist belongings, from ritual daggers, cultist robes, alchemical components, and ledgers and fragmented notes to suggest something more sinister is at hand. Handout 3

As you prepare your reports in the Meab lodge, Amenopheus himself makes an appearance. Amenopheus and Diya takes great interest in your interaction with Zurnzal who he confirms openly serves Grandmaster Torch. Diya grumbles with some disappointment that Torch has gotten himself involved but Amenopheus is more restrained on the matter. "Nonetheless, no matter the cost, Pathfinders are people of their word, I am obliged to uphold the contract. It perhaps was necessary as part of the situation at hand. Let us hope this does not come back to haunt us."

However they take delight in and commend the crew for recovering the jewel, explaining this discovery is beyond what they had hoped. When Amenopheus attempts to communicate with his ancient colleague’s memories within the sage jewel, it flares angrily, and he casts it across the room instinctively.

Amenopheus catches his breath before walking over to wrap the thrown jewel in a thick cloth. “Unfortunately, this confirms my earlier theory: the sages’ memories are not alone within these gems. The records you recovered and observations you made suggest that the first Jeweled Sages might not have create the sage jewels on their own, but rather modeled them off someone else’s design. Now it seems that prototype was the soul receptacle for an utterly depraved servant of the Pharaoh of Forgotten Plagues who inflicted countless atrocities upon northern Garund. If she is awakening, the whole order is at risk unless we can use your findings to deduce some way to purge this evil.”

He massages his forehead for a moment before noting, “Whatever lies ahead will be difficult, and the future of the Jeweled Sages relies on what we can do about this threat. Once we have a plan, you shall be the first to know.”

Additionally he adds, "Worry not about the Doru, he is the least of our problems right now, and I have a strong feeling he will not be a problem in the near future." Implying that other Pathfinders are on the matter and have likely taken care of it.

End scenario! Chronicles will be up in 24 hours.

Silver Crusade

Male Oread M Oread Spiritualist [HP 38/38, AC 16 /ff 14 /t 12, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +9, Init +2, Per +5, Spd 20'

I'll use my wand to heal them up.

CLW Wand Avasir: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW Wand Lindwickett: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 13, t 13, ff 10 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0, R+3, W+3 | Init +3 | Perc +6, SM +4; low-light | Speed 30ft | Hand of the apprentice: 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Much thanks Bielsi!

Dark Archive

female Sylph
Stats:
hp 24/24 AC 16|T 13 |FF 13 (+2 vs nonm. ranged attacks), F +4|R +5|W +0, Init +3, Per +6
Alchemist (Tinkerer) 3

Many thanks GM Batpony.
And whenever you lead, call me! ;-)

251 to 282 of 282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony PFS [9-04] Unseen Inclusion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.