GM-BD’s ΘF DISTΔNT STΔRS & DEΔD SUNS - Δ STΔRFINDER ΔDVENTURE PΔTH

Game Master Black Dow

ΔDVENTURE, INCIDENT & INTRIGUE ΘN ΔBSΔLΘM STΔTIΘN! GΔNG-WΔRFΔRE, CΘRPΘRΔTE CΘNFLICT & ΔNCIENT THREΔTS CΘLLIDE IN THE DEPTHS ΘF PΔCT WΘRLD SPACE.. ΔND BEYΘND…

“The bounties of space, of infinite outwardness, were three: empty heroics, low comedy, and pointless death.” ― Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

CURRENT MΔP: PHΔNTΘMS ΘF THE DRIFT


1,651 to 1,682 of 1,682 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

M Shirren Mystic [Pilot] 2 ll Blindsense perc+8 ll EAC 14 l KAC 15 l CMAC 23 ll HP 18/18 l SP 7 l RP 4/4 I Spells: 0/3 l Ammo: 8

save vs space madness: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

confused: 1d100 ⇒ 44

Spaaaaace Maaaadnnnnesss neh-ne-neh! Ed just stands there making a high pitched keening noise.


Haha. Should have noted that if you fail suffer confusion for 2 rounds. Roll d100 to see the effect. - If you pass (as Fingernipper did you're immune for 24 hours :)


M Lashunta Korasha Solarian [Ace Pilot] 2; Init: +1, Perc: -1 Str: +3; Cha: +4; SP 2/14; HP 17/18; RP 3/5; EAC 13; KAC 15;

Save vs Madness: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


EAC:12 KAC:16 |HP:8/8 SP:8/8 RP:2/2|Fort:+2, Ref +7, Will+3|Init +4 Per+3|4 THP from shield|+5/1d10 20/20 Outlaw mechanic 2

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 73


Male Android Technomanbcer 2 , HP 14/14, SP 10/10. RP 5/5| Speed 30' | Init +3 | Perception +2 [Darkvision 60'] | EAC +17 KAC +17 CMAC +25 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3| Technomancer 2

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 :(

Confused: 1d100 ⇒ 31


... (checks boards to see if DriftDead TPK is a thing)... Ahem. Ok.

ROUND 2

At the undead's disorientation presence Ed succumbs making a strange keening noise...

Within seconds he is joined in his chorus by Noah.

Startoad seemingly avoids this fate, but his AI becomes garbled causing the goblin to smack his laser-rifle off his own misshapen head! Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

However the impact does little to the heavily plated (and thick-with-scar-tissue), noggin of Startoad...

Despite bearing the brunt of the fell apparitions clawing attack, Paeon remains resolute...

STATUS
ALL PARTY: +1 TO ATTACKS
DRIFTDEADER: 14 DAMAGE
PAEON: FATIGUED, 13 DAMAGE
STARTOAD: 1 DAMAGE, CONFUSED 1/2 ROUNDS
ED, NOAH: CONFUSED 1/2 ROUNDS

PARTY UP!: All confused please roll 1d100 again for final round effect of condition


EAC:12 KAC:16 |HP:8/8 SP:8/8 RP:2/2|Fort:+2, Ref +7, Will+3|Init +4 Per+3|4 THP from shield|+5/1d10 20/20 Outlaw mechanic 2

confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 25


Male Android Technomanbcer 2 , HP 14/14, SP 10/10. RP 5/5| Speed 30' | Init +3 | Perception +2 [Darkvision 60'] | EAC +17 KAC +17 CMAC +25 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3| Technomancer 2

Confused, round 2: 1d100 ⇒ 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Lashunta Korasha Solarian [Ace Pilot] 2; Init: +1, Perc: -1 Str: +3; Cha: +4; SP 2/14; HP 17/18; RP 3/5; EAC 13; KAC 15;

Paeon looks back nervously as his crew begins to stumble about seemingly unaware of the threat, Seeing Ed flail about he mutters under his breath,

"Space Madness...."

Paeon, despite the knowledge that his blade's effect is useless, swipes at the apparition.

Slash: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 13
Hopeful Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Solar Attuned 2/3 .. +1 attack, +1 from nibblers song.. Condition Fatigued

GMBD I was taking a look at Solarions the other day, it seems that summoning the solar weapon takes a move action.. so will apply this going forward. Sorry for the miss


Male Ysoki Envoy 2 , HP 14/14, SP 14/14. RP 4/4| Speed 30' | Init +6 | Perception +5 [Darkvision 60'] | EAC +14 KAC +15 CMAC +23 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +3|

"Um guys? You ok? You're supposed to be shooting the ghost thing!"

Just keeping Get 'em up. Don't really do damage as this guy, unfortunately, and can't get rid of status effects yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Shirren Mystic [Pilot] 2 ll Blindsense perc+8 ll EAC 14 l KAC 15 l CMAC 23 ll HP 18/18 l SP 7 l RP 4/4 I Spells: 0/3 l Ammo: 8

confused: 1d100 ⇒ 47

Ed responds to Fingernipper with a "Woob-woob-woob!" Then continues keening.


@All - FYI: An incorporeal creature doesn’t have a physical body. It is immune to all nonmagical kinetic attacks. All energy attacks and magical kinetic attacks deal half damage (50%) to it. An incorporeal creature takes full damage from other incorporeal creatures and effects, as well as from all force effects. Corporeal spells and effects that do not cause damage have only a 50% chance of affecting an incorporeal creature.

Means that you may do some damage with an energy weapon...


HausRuleAlert!: While the weapon deals kinetic damage, it it is explicitly described as being made of energy. Since incorporeal creatures are subject to energy damage, albeit taking half, I'm ruling to allow the Solarian's solar weapon to deal half damage to an incorporeal target instead of being negated.


ROUND OUT ROUND 2...

Ed continues to keen and chirp as Paeon's solar blade slashes at the Driftdead's very fabric, causing it to distort in rage and pain!

Noah and Startoad overcome their mental fugue state and suddenly refocus... (You two can act normally)

STATUS
ALL PARTY: +1 TO ATTACKS
DRIFTDEADER: 17 DAMAGE
PAEON: FATIGUED, 13 DAMAGE
STARTOAD: 1 DAMAGE, CONFUSED 2/2 ROUNDS
ED, NOAH: CONFUSED 2/2 ROUNDS

Startoad & Noah Up, then Driftdeadite before we move onto next round...


EAC:12 KAC:16 |HP:8/8 SP:8/8 RP:2/2|Fort:+2, Ref +7, Will+3|Init +4 Per+3|4 THP from shield|+5/1d10 20/20 Outlaw mechanic 2

As clarity comes to the cyborg he readjusts his aim to the undead creature and let’s loose a blast from his laser rifle.

Pew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d8 ⇒ 6


Male Android Technomanbcer 2 , HP 14/14, SP 10/10. RP 5/5| Speed 30' | Init +3 | Perception +2 [Darkvision 60'] | EAC +17 KAC +17 CMAC +25 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3| Technomancer 2

Thinking there is no better use for the spell than this, Noah casts again.

More Missiles!: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7


Startoad's shot goes narrowly wide but Noah's magical projectiles unerringly strike home causing it to fracture with an eerie scream!

As the creature dissipates you see it briefly assume the form of a sorrowful middle-aged human woman before it blinks from existence...

Combat over :)

A deathly calm falls over the caverns tunnels as you mull the encounter and your collective next move.


M Shirren Mystic [Pilot] 2 ll Blindsense perc+8 ll EAC 14 l KAC 15 l CMAC 23 ll HP 18/18 l SP 7 l RP 4/4 I Spells: 0/3 l Ammo: 8

Ed's antennae swivel around as he regains his bearings. Driftdead...so so dark. What was up there, Nipper? Ed moves forward to peer into the room from whence the unfriendly ghost came.


EAC:12 KAC:16 |HP:8/8 SP:8/8 RP:2/2|Fort:+2, Ref +7, Will+3|Init +4 Per+3|4 THP from shield|+5/1d10 20/20 Outlaw mechanic 2

Startoad’s eyes blink as the short circuiting stops. Looking to see if anything else comes at the group.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Android Technomanbcer 2 , HP 14/14, SP 10/10. RP 5/5| Speed 30' | Init +3 | Perception +2 [Darkvision 60'] | EAC +17 KAC +17 CMAC +25 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3| Technomancer 2

That was uncomortable. the android intones. Startoad, this CIC that sometimes speaks for you. I think I like her. Can you summon her at will? And this begins the strangest android romance in the history of Starfander. lol Noah moves up to where the woman had been and looks about. As part of looking about he will cast Detect Magic.


M Lashunta Korasha Solarian [Ace Pilot] 2; Init: +1, Perc: -1 Str: +3; Cha: +4; SP 2/14; HP 17/18; RP 3/5; EAC 13; KAC 15;

.Paeon stumbles forward, the cool sweat beading from his forehead continues to perpetually fog his space suit. Leaning against the wall, the effects of the infection continues to tax the lashunta.

He regains his composure and awaits Nipper's scouting, his stellar mote glows dimly in orbit around him.

"Ready to advance when you are Nipper."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
EAC:12 KAC:16 |HP:8/8 SP:8/8 RP:2/2|Fort:+2, Ref +7, Will+3|Init +4 Per+3|4 THP from shield|+5/1d10 20/20 Outlaw mechanic 2

“I don’t know, she like to stay in my head. It feels funny when she’s here.” I have never met another synthetic lifeform. I would enjoy talking to him once the threat of painful death is gone.

Startoad release his rifle, and bounces up to the front next to Paeon hoping to help in case more danger appears.


Male Ysoki Envoy 2 , HP 14/14, SP 14/14. RP 4/4| Speed 30' | Init +6 | Perception +5 [Darkvision 60'] | EAC +14 KAC +15 CMAC +23 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +3|

Fingernipper turns to Ed, "Empty room and more tunnels. I didn't really get a chance to poke around too much before the undead phased out of a wall."

Assuming that the worked tunnel to the north is likely another passage to the surface, our intrepid Ysoki will scout the passage to the south (of D4)

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

@all: Do we feel like there is merit to scouting? Is the benefit worth the amount that it slows down the pace of the game?


Regards Scouting: Am happy to hand waive the process a little until there is something of note.

D4

Fingernipper checks out the now apparition free chamber, reporting back that the northern passage ends after about 50 feet, where the ceiling has collapsed in a wall of fallen rock (exactly like the northern corridor in area D3).

There is nothing else of interest in the chamber, so the Ysoki presses on stealthily.

Scant minutes later he reports back detailing that the next chamber is much bigger with two passages exiting; one to the northeast which he entered and one to the northwest (which he surmises connects with Area D3.

An incongruous door, more akin to what one
would expect to find on a space station, stands in the southern wall. Furthering the oddity in this area Fingernipper also noted that standard artificial gravity was in effect.

The only hurdles to a fuller investigation are the presence of two more two more Void Zombies that prowl the chamber...

Map updated. Not in combat, but require stealth rolls on approach (regardless of entry point)


M Lashunta Korasha Solarian [Ace Pilot] 2; Init: +1, Perc: -1 Str: +3; Cha: +4; SP 2/14; HP 17/18; RP 3/5; EAC 13; KAC 15;

Going to assume Nipper relays information back to the crew before we head forward. Paeon would approach from the entrance at D3.

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Paeon attempts to stealth forward to catch the Zombos unaware. Unfortunately the fatigue he is experience causes his space armor to rattle against the narrowing passageway.

Fatigue:
A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted.


@All: Yup I'm assuming the infos been relayed - hence the lack of spoilerification :)


EAC:12 KAC:16 |HP:8/8 SP:8/8 RP:2/2|Fort:+2, Ref +7, Will+3|Init +4 Per+3|4 THP from shield|+5/1d10 20/20 Outlaw mechanic 2

stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The goblin scuttles around the other side hoping to catch the zombies unaware and have an open shot. Though misjudging the low gravity he bangs his off the walls several times as moves in position.


M Shirren Mystic [Pilot] 2 ll Blindsense perc+8 ll EAC 14 l KAC 15 l CMAC 23 ll HP 18/18 l SP 7 l RP 4/4 I Spells: 0/3 l Ammo: 8

um, I take it the zombies have noticed us. ATTACK!

Ed follows Startoad with zombie zapper blazing!


GMBD.roll.D.ice.:

VZ Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

VZ Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Ed 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Fingernipper 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Noah2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Paeon 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Startoad 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

At Paeon's scraping announcement both Void Zombie's shift their hungry attention toward the sound... before Startoad gives the game away in stereo!

ROUND 1

Initiative Order (Bold can act): Startoad; Fingernipper; Ed; Avoid Zombies; Noah & Paeon

EDIT: Noah2/Fingernipper you can position yourselves anywhere behind either Paeon or Startoad/Ed.


Male Android Technomanbcer 2 , HP 14/14, SP 10/10. RP 5/5| Speed 30' | Init +3 | Perception +2 [Darkvision 60'] | EAC +17 KAC +17 CMAC +25 | Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3| Technomancer 2

Done


EAC:12 KAC:16 |HP:8/8 SP:8/8 RP:2/2|Fort:+2, Ref +7, Will+3|Init +4 Per+3|4 THP from shield|+5/1d10 20/20 Outlaw mechanic 2

Startoad fires at the closest one burning a hole in it. laser: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d10 ⇒ 7


Male Ysoki Envoy 2 , HP 14/14, SP 14/14. RP 4/4| Speed 30' | Init +6 | Perception +5 [Darkvision 60'] | EAC +14 KAC +15 CMAC +23 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +3|

"Let's get 'em boys!"

Move into room. Use Get 'em on yellow bordered baddie. (+1 to hit)

1,651 to 1,682 of 1,682 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM-BD’s ΘF DISTΔNT STΔRS & DEΔD SUNS - GΔMEPLΔY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.