Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,941 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It doesn't seem to be too fast, and despite crawling up the cliffs and onto land eels are usually aquatic. Whether these ones are the same...


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Outrun things like this and they usually lose interest." Izami suggested mildly. "They're usually just like animals and as easy to distract."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer puts her 40' speed to good use.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

With everyone running or flying away the thing eventually fell behind. It took longer than was comfortable for anyone, but by the time darkness fell completely you couldn't see the mass of writhing forms anymore.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic hovered 20 feet above the ground, Izami drawn and glowing like a torch. He looked around, terribly disoriented in the Twilight at night.
"This is a bad place to be. We need to find someplace to make camp. Somewhere less open."


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan takes the chance to burrow again into Jennifer's backpack. "I'm comfortable here."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Who wants me to roll a Survival to Not Be Eaten In Your Sleep?


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai nodded to Kaelic, "That would be good..." as she slowed to a walk and looked around.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 <--Aid other, if applicable.

"Did we really forget to ask Valda for camping supplies? S$%&. Well, the sword doesn't need to sleep, but can we trust it to not summon a swarm of leeches if it keep watch?"


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"We've got tents." Kaelic responded. "Weren't you paying attention?"
Survival (don't get eaten): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"No."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Despite Jennifer's lack of attention you do have tents - and two possible places to sleep. One seems to be a simple position on top of a hill that's reasonably flat and has enough wood for firewood and cover. The second choice is a small cave that only goes back 20 meters or so with a small pool of water to the rear.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Cave's probably easier to defend." Izami suggested. "Also easier to hit things if I need to throw fire through them. Oh, make the campfire by the entrance of the cave and put me in it. Don't worry, normal flame won't hurt me any. If there's a big problem, I'll wake you all up with some pyrotechnics."

Perception (Spot Stuff During The Night): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic nodded in approval. "I wasn't worried." He added in response to putting the sword in the fire.
Cave definitely seems like a better idea, but I also think the GM will find a way to make us regret it. But what the hey!


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"She will set something on fire and call every monster in a mile's radius on us." grumbles Morgan. Yet, he doesn't volunteer for guard duty, instead sleeping soundly in a few minutes.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer turns on her flashlight and inspects the back of the cave, including the pool.

How small is this "small pool?"

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai considered the cave, glancing back to the sword, "Fire is not a resistance I share so be careful with it, please..." before going to join Jennifer to investigating the pool. She would rest better after making sure nothing was going to eat them from it. The shadows joined in, playing a bit at the water's edge as it stretched out in the darkness of the cave.

Perception + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Fire is best when it's controlled for festivals." the sword said, sounding like it was settling down to watch... inasmuch as that was possible with a body that didn't have any moving parts. A night or a year wasn't much of a difference to her, though, so keeping watch wasn't likely to be an issue.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nurai and Jennifer notice that the pool, about 6ft across, has the bones of several small animals around it. Jennifer also notices that it is worryingly...gelatinous.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"Do you think this thing would eat the cat?" Jennifer murmurs to Nurai.

After they (quietly) back away to the front of the cave, Jennifer announces, "I've found a use for any fire we have."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic produces a flamethrower and hands it off to Jennifer. "Don't break it."
That's why we brought the good stuff.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer holds the flamethrower reverently before looking at Kaelic.

"You're now my favorite leprechaun."

I'm going to pause here in case anybody has any less smoky ideas, but otherwise...

Jennifer stands 25 feet back from the pool and firesshoots.

Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5) = 9


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The stream of semi-liquid fire rolls over the liquid poor, covering its 3 feet or surface area with ease. It caused a certain number or ripples and movement...but no more than a burning liquid hitting and sitting on top of the surface of another liquid likely would.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan crawls back out of the backpack and meows. A translucent image of a paperclip with googly eyes appears at Jennifer's side. "It looks like you're trying to provoke an unknown entity." says robotically the apparition "Would you like help with that?"

Wild magic chance: 1d100 ⇒ 90


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai started to move back towards the entrance of the cave, quietly watching and listening for signs of reactions to the fire show.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer clicks "Don't show this tip again" in Clippy's word balloon, and then turns off the flamethrower to see if there was any effect.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic approaches the scene, uncertain of what exactly Jennifer actually means to do. "Why are you flaming a puddle?" He stoops to examine the area.
Survival (this is like mucus from a thing that lives here, isn't it?): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"Because you gave me a flamethrower."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Whatever the stuff was, fire did not seem to be how to deal with it. Nothing happened as the burning pool began to shrink, the fuel burning up without disturbing the puddle itself.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

The illusory paperclip bounces around, looking smug. "Did you know? Meowsoft Arcane includes a function to shoot off fireworks and make really loud noises. Click here to learn how to use it!"


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

Izami yawned slightly, then focused her power towards the pool. Her ability to Detect Thoughts was more amusing than useful most of the time, but it was very helpful for determine whether or not something actually had a mind. If it was just a feature of the cave, then eh, she wasn't too worried.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Izami:
There was something there. It would be wrong to call it a mind, even by animal standards, but there was at least a set of urges and needs. It was aware of you, at least to a degree, but waiting for something.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Did my survival roll turn up any thing?


Male. Mostly. Human. Mostly. Archaeologist

Just the already present information - it's something, and fire doesn't affect it. At all.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic brandishes Iron-Cutter and faint winds whip up around him. He stares at the puddle with glowing eyes.
I'll re-cast my long buffs (just in case) and then use my Covenant power to Detect Evil on the thing. If that doesn't turn something up, I'll also spend a spell point to Detect Life, which should tell me if it's alive & how healthy if so.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Kaelic:
It is not evil,but it is alive - and very healthy.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Okay yeah, that thing is alive. I don't really know what or how, but I don't think we should sleep with it tonight." Kaelic says, looking concerned. "Kind of wishing we'd stopped in that town."


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Pfft, like it's not some kind of fairy Innsmouth." Izami said. "This thing is probably dangerous, though - are you swinging me or what?"


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"Let's just keep a watch. The only other place was that hilltop, and there's no way something won't pester us if we sleep there."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic puts the sword away. "I thought you said you aren't the sword." "I am never going to get this straight."
"Devil you know vs the devil you don't huh? Fair enough. Maybe it's... friendly." He says with suspicion.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai remained by the cave entrance, watching quietly the goings on inside and out...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nothing seemed to stir outside. It seemed like the choice was rest in the cave and risk whatever the pool was attacking, leaving the safety (?) of the cave for the hill top, or poking the pool with someone it would react to and seeing what happened.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"Let's just sleep with an eye open." grumbles Morgan from his backpack-nest. "If something slithers this way we can set it on fire after it eats the pixie."

I have a Ring of Sustenance so I only actually need two hours of sleep. The remaining fourteen are just willful napping.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

That's Jennifer and Morgan for sleeping, Nurai waiting to see what happens, and Kaelic and Izami still hatching a plan to investigate the pool (with Kaelic maybe coming around to not doing that). Just FYI.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

For what it's worth, Izami's got permanent watch and can help anyone else doing it. o wo Yay for non-sleeping-ness.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

I'm still excited to see someone poke it with Izami. I've never seen a sword eaten before.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

I debated on and off for a long time about seeing what would happen if Jennifer sprayed it with mace to see how it reacted to chemicals. But I figured the flamethrower was already pushing our luck.

Izami the sword/not the sword is placed in the entrance of the cave where it could watch for intruders and keep an eye on the pool in the back. Everybody else slept and had nightmares about a tidal wave of leeches and the sword that set it free.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

^ basically
Kaelic helped set up camp, being apparently the most seasoned outdoorsman among them. But once it was all set he quickly consumed a ration and laid down to rest. Though the rest was uneasy, he wanted to be up early to get away from all that had befallen them that night.
He was a morning person anyway.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

A few hours after settling down, Izami is not entirely surprised to notice that the puddle starts to move up from the pool and ooze its way towards the little camp you'd set up.

You guys have 2 rounds before the stuff physically reaches you all.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Assuming Izami warns us.

"Yayy, it's evil goo. Coming to swallow us all. What fun." grumbles Morgan, crawling out of the backpack again. "Izami, do you mind if I wield you? I'm not sure that illusions will work against it."

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,941 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.