Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,938 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Honestly, this seems as good an entrance spot as any to me. Why waltz through doors someone might have trapped?" the sword noted. "And since we know I can cut through things, it's not like any interior walls are likely to be much of a problem."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic shrugs. "Fair point."
He cuts a doorway through the hull and casts a Glow on the sword before drawing his second blade.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"You just had to ask it, eh? You just had to. By the way, we can take a detour later, I noticed a fox's burrow that may hold clues."
Morgan shakes his head and lays on the ground, pointedly ignoring Jennifer's joke.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Cutting into the ship is a simple enough matter. The corridor beyond is as Izami described - about twenty feet with a bulkhead sealing the corridor at each end, heading towards the bow and the stern. There were no traces of rust or much dust.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Now the wall right in front of us - the bulkheads might take a bit to get through, and the more accesses we have to an escape route, the better." the sword suggested. She clearly had no care whatsoever for the long-term structural integrity of the boat.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"You realize that if we this ship ever returns to Earth it will immediately sink to the bottom of the ocean." Jennifer says with much amusement.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

"Like a giant awkward rock, might be the best depending on what's in there. Nurai said with a laugh and a shrug. Cut as you want Izami, I'm certainly not going to stop a sword wanting to cut us all a door, even if it seems more work than just checking the doors up there... Nurai said as she waited, watching with a smile.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Yeah, I like this strategy." Kaelic says, cutting another door. "So where's the magic?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

With a total lack of regard for the ship's layout and any potential encounters above the group sliced into the midship storage hold.

One magic item signature, that of Transmutation, came from above. The evocation magic was closer, either somewhere in the cargo bay or close to it.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"I don't want anyone locking doors behind us. ...Although to be fair, I'm pretty sure I can cut through the locks." the sword noted, her blade quite sufficient to slice through most metals like they weren't even hard. "Let's find that evocating one first."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai nodded, "Makes sense, we'll check out that one and work our way up to that aura of transmutation...", gesturing to where she saw each aura for others' benefit.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The cargo bay has been divided into two sections, the food items which are long gone and there empty crates piled neatly on one side, and the non-perishable cargo that didn't seem likely to be needed at that moment. The magical aura is coming from one of the boxes in the second pile, although it would take a few minutes to dig out the right crate.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Once pointed in the right direction, Jennifer starts digging through the crates.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

While Jennifer sorts the cargo, Kaelic takes a moment to meditate.
Can't remember if I've done my buffs yet today. Takes 10 mins.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It takes a few minutes to pull a bunch of crates, finding a heavy crate that was well sealed. Inside the crate was a mahogany wood box. It's clear that the box itself is the source of the magic - another magic is obscured by whatever is protecting this box.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai looked at the odd box of evocation magic, taking a step back, "Might be best not to open that in here or without protection in case it blows up or something..." she said with concern, though the shadows at her feet just snickered.

Perception + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Yeah I don't want to be a part of that. Can you like, summon something to open it? While we're back outside?" Kaelic asked, wondering who was usually in charge of these things. Like Jim maybe.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai considered, looking at Kaelic, "I could though I won't summon anyone just to blow them up and I could use an open spell from some distance, but there is a lot of magic in that box to the point I'm not sure how powerful it is and magic here is weird enough without something that could turn this ship into a crater. Probably best to just store it if we want to use one of Valda's gadgets that makes that safer to open...!

Nurai started to walk on, exploring more of the boat for anything interested that might give any information on this...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"I'll conjure an illusion that will open it. Just get out of Dodge."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

An illusion was probably wise. The soft whump! that came from the crate as the temporary construct of magic opened the mahogany box was...impressive in sensation if not in noise. Returning to the spot where the crates had been revealed very little but smouldering splinters, a lack of any illusion and the box, sitting with its lid open on the ground.

Inside was a section of some kind of tool or instrument. It was clearly part of a larger object. Made of bronze that flickered with warmth and what the more magically inclined among you could identify as Mithral, it was radiating a power aura of Conjuration.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

As the humanoid construct that Morgan had imbued with shadowstuff (construct that bore some of Kaelic's features, for some reason) faded into nonexistence, Morgan peeked around the corner. "Goodbye, Mister Damage Sponge. You were not long for this world, but I treasure what you did for me. Specifically, getting roasted in my place."

I'll skip the Perform check since Caster Level matters little, taking out one point of shadowstuff to mimic Conjuration. I'm also using Waking Dreamer to have a temporary spell point for the effect.
Wild Magic chance: 1d100 ⇒ 75
Fort save against narcolepsy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Huh. So, think we need to shove the parts of this together?" Izami inquired, sounding a little more interested now.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Not really why we're here, but it could be fun. Let's take what we can and keep moving." Kaelic said, looking back through the way they came with wary eyes.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

At the sound of the explosion, Nurai sighed though was happy it wasn't as bad as she feared. She waited for a few moments for any other concerning sounds before following where her shadow was pulling her. The pair continued to investigate their way through the ship...

Perception + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The only magic continued to be the item on the upper decks, and Nurai didn't spot anything too untoward.

Collecting the piece of whatever arcane instrument you have found, and head through the ship. The lower levels - the engine room, cargo bays that rise through the ship, store rooms and workshops - are mostly intract and don't seem to be damaged.

Getting up to the upper areas might take a little more work. The doors and hatches all seem to be sealed, including what seems to be the forward cargo bay. It would be entirely possible cut through, of course.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Well we can cut a door, but maybe they sealed this up for a reason. Thoughts?" Kaelic said as he idly practiced spinning and slashing with iron-cutter through the air.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

"Maybe...maybe keeping them sealed when not used might be normal to give them a bit longer to evacuate if taking on water or prevent sabotage or something. I'm not seeing any magical threats or any signs there was something dangerous down here or people down here hiding from something above." Nurai shrugged as she considered and looked around.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"Now that we are the proud owners of a Thing, we may want to find the rest. Maybe it will be helpful. Or maybe it will lead to the resurrection of an ancient monster."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Which could eat the cat. Both good options."
Kaelic shrugs, takes a deep breath, and cuts himself a new door to the forward cargo bay.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan meows very quietly, and the elf's ears start lightly ringing.
I'll use my Illusionary Sound trick and create a low-volume, unpleasant sound following Kaelic. Will DC 21 disbelieves.

Perform(sing): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Wild Magic, low activates: 1d100 ⇒ 78


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Despite the annoying sound in Kaelic's ears - and the promise of all sorts of issues that was likely to bring - it was a simple enough matter to cut a hole through into the cargo bay. Unlike the rest of the ship you've seen this section was lived in, the wooden crates turned into housing of a sort. Clearly, the place has not seen human habitation for a long time.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
"If that's the best you've got I'm not sure why we brought you."
Knowledge (something) to figure out what live(s/d) here?


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

”This is the sort of situation where I think we’re wasting our time, but I’m not saying anything so I don’t look bad if I’m wrong. But if you two are going to spat, that definitely pushes this into wasting-my-time territory.” Jennifer glares at the cat and satyr.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Kaelic was pretty sure that the place had been inhabited by humans. The artefacts that had been left behind were not only human for the most part, but used correctly for the items.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai followed through into the cargo bay, nodding in agreement with Jennifer as she did so. She continued looking for anything informative or otherwise useful as she tried to make progress towards the other magical aura.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Alright, let's find the magic and get out. This place is getting old." Kaelic said with an amused smirk at his own little joke.
Cutting the doors to get there.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"No spat, just some minor annoyance for some minor unpleasantness. I'm not going to waste any real talent on him." yawns Morgan, looking around for Twilight mice.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 11

There was no need to carve your way to the prize, unless you were really into carving your way through ships, as the way seemed to be open.

It was clear, however, that the people who'd lived here were long gone. There were several scenes where a fight had occured. Bullet holes and spent cartridges sat on the ground, and sometimes there was ancient brown stains. Sometimes not.

As you approached the upper decks, near where the magical aura was coming from, you found out why the ship was likely abandoned.

To Hit (Kaelic): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage (Bludgeoning): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11
To Hit (Kaelic): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Damage (Bludgeoning): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16

To Hit (Jennifer): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Damage (Bludgeoning): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13
To Hit (Jennifer): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Damage (Bludgeoning): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

The attacks came from nowhere - literally, nowhere - as blows rained down on Kaelic and Jennifer. Jennifer's remarkable toughness allowed her to absorb much of the damage, but Kaelic wasn't as lucky and got fairly well battered.

Initative:

Kaelic: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Izami: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Jennifer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Nurai: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Morgan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Attackers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Everyone but Jennifer is up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18
Overlord Jon wrote:
Everyone but Jennifer is up.

Rude.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

The sword glowed for a brief moment as Izami, recognizing that the blows didn't seem to have a normal origin, decided to try and do something about it.

Casting See Invisibility as a SLA.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The dice are very impolite.

Izami (and anyone else her magic affected) was able to see two faint outlines. Even with the spell they weren't overly easy to see, little more than figures of air and space. But the impact from the attacks was real enough.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

The shadows rolled up Nurai protectively and the pair took a defensive stance and looked around. "We're not here to fight, we're looking for the reasons these human boats have been drawn here and if these boats may have ways to deal with a dangerous one that was recently brought here..." While difficult under the circumstances, the Avatar watched for signs they were listening or cared to stop fighting.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Speak for yourself." Kaelic said as he withdrew a step and drew his second sword. With a quick gesture the area is filled with magical motes.
lay on hands (self): 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8
Using Faerie Fire SLA to light up where I just got hit from.
Then I'll start Berserking (-2 to AC)


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"And now I have to save their skin. See? Teamwork."
Morgan meows, the echo creating a metallic, unpleasant reverb. Sixteen illusionary clones of three humans and a cat crowd the area, drawing some of the fire.

Perform(sing): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 Effect manifests as CL 6
Fort save against narcolepsy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Wild magic chance: 1d100 ⇒ 40

Spending a spell point to create a Mass Decoy glamer on Kaelic, Nurai, Jennifer and myself, and create 4 mirror images for each. Anyone attempting to attack one of these must pass a DC 21 Will save or suffer a 50% miss chance. On a fail, they hit one of these images, which have an AC equal to the target's touch AC. If you point me at the targets' direction, I can move them to trigger opportunity attacks.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

One of the figures began to shine a light as the Farie Fire surrounded it. If either of the figures understood - or cared - about Nurai's attempt at diplomacy, the didn't acknowledge it. Nor did they seem to care about being revealed.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

To Hit (Kaelic): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 271d100 ⇒ 96
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13
To Hit (Kaelic): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 131d100 ⇒ 32
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 = 12

The first attack managed to bypass Kaelic's new defences, hitting the fae warrior, but the second went wide - not even touching a mirror image.

To Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 271d100 ⇒ 7
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9
To Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d100 ⇒ 52
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

The other demolished an illusion and struck Jennifer as well, although her demonic resitances meant that she was not harmed by the blow. Mildly irritated, maybe.

The party is up.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

So did I only outline one of them? It's a 5ft radius ranged burst.


Male. Mostly. Human. Mostly. Archaeologist

That would cover four squares, right? It's possible, since I'm way too tired to deal with maps, but I don't think so this time. They're coming from different sides (ambush life, yo).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

First there was Dr. Solomon and whatever his deal is, and now Fever has a new "king" with his stupid smile and even more stupid hat. Now there's a smug cat and a jerk faun and an uppity talking sword. There was a river of lEEcheS, a rabid puDdLE, and the flame thrower was a bUSt. Now they're on the wROng BoAT ANd something sHe CoULdn't SeE Was mILdlY IrRItatING!

Jennifer had a lot of tension to work out, and Syar'ammag was there to help with that. Her now-black eyes scanned for the first thing she could attack that wouldn't prevent her from getting paid. Her overlong tongue trailed out from her needle-like teeth as her head tracked the being covered in faerie fire. She ducked low as she sprinted at it so her horns wouldn't scrape the ship's low ceiling (which is preventing her from enlarging, I'm assuming). With a guttural growl emanating from low in her throat, she tries to sink her guantleted claws into her attacker.

Charge + Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 - 2 = 26
Damage 1: 1d8 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 6 = 18
Charge + Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 - 2 = 22
Damage 2: 1d8 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 6 = 22


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

The shadows and Nurai chuckled at Kaelic's remark. The shadows because they agreed, the summoner because they knew that and either way was a fair enough remark though as an Avatar, she usually felt she should make the offer at least once...

Seeing Jennifer charge one, Nurai went after the other and used her shadow's claws...

Claws: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Ah, so I was being hit from both sides? Could I have done Glitterdust then?

Kaelic disappeared and in a flash was behind the creature, though he really wasn't sure if it was safe to be that close to the-thing-that-used-to-be-Jennifer. But at any rate he had some fighting to do, one way or another.
Maintain Berserking for -2 AC
Move: teleport into flanking with Jennifer

Standard: dual attack
+1 Katana Main (blooded strike+brutal strike+heavy swing): 1d20 + 9 + 3 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 3 - 2 + 2 = 17, Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 1d3 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + (1) = 15
Mwk Wakizashi Off: 1d20 + 9 + 3 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 3 - 2 + 2 = 23, Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 1d3 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + (2) = 12
Blooded Strike: ongoing 2 bleed damage (or 1 to behemoths, constructs, elementals, undead) on successful hit
Brutal Strike: on hit, target battered (-2 CMD, no AoOs vs combat maneuvers) until end of my next turn
Heavy Swing: on hit, Fort save or Staggered 2 rounds

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,938 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.