Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,865 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The screens flickered for a moment before a barrage of images began to play. Every now and then one would stop, the image frozen on screen for a moment and shrank into a corner before the images continued.

After a couple of minutes, the screens flashed 'Complete' before stopping. The screens went black before starting to show several people and vehicles moving throughout Fever. One is the short gunman, and two more were the people you met at the garage. Several others that you don't recognize also appear several times, often moving to sites you have been or know to be important, such as those suggested to be the location of the Wards.

Several of them seemed to have special or unique gifts as well, although none of these are shown on the camera. One man with ginger hair is shown entering the building where the previous king died, only to appear a moment later on another camera, staggering away - clearly too far to have walked there, and using a much strong Teleportation that the Gunman was able to use.

'Conclusion - large-scale group with significant funding and support was responsible. Resources required would suggest a large economic private group or Government agency involved. Attempt to expose Fever could be part of a for-profit enterprise to capitalise on the supernatural, or an attempt to establish a stronger control over the area as a 'requirement to prevent exposure,' or as part of another goal currently unknown.'

'Secondary conclusion - operative engaged in this operation seem to at least partially be made up of supernatural mercenaries.'

'Tertiary Conclusion - The person who recruited your involvement was likely related to this event in some way, and wished to oppose it without exposure.' The camera flickered several times, showing what can only be described as a digital error moving on the camera. They also seemed to be avoiding other people. It is shown leaving the messages you received or calling up what seemed to be some kind of elemental to deliver others.

'Requirement for further analysis - 124gig additional ram, 3 100 terabyte hard drives, 6 Asus ROG Maximus XI or higher quality motherboards, several additional boardband and satellite internet connections and $57,440 in any international currency.'


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise squinted at the screens. "Huh. Never seen that before. Are there any alternatives for analysis with a lower dollar cost?" she inquired, wondering if the machine could hear her. Or if it cared.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

'No.'


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai considered what was said as she looked over the footage, considering the people's actions as well as looking for signs of groups she might know or heard of even if she could figure out what kinds of mercenaries were being used could be helpful.

As she did so, she looked over the list on her phone of potential wards and compared them to what she could see on the screens.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington does his best to parse out useful information from the stream of facts and analytical theories the heavy-duty TV is offering. Then he displays his forebearer's skill in trying to solve large-scale problems for a supernatural community.

"There's two ways I know of to fight a large organization. The first way is to have a large organization of your own. That would mean mobilizing the hidden side of Fever, which is time-consuming and is probably going to attract the same sort of attention we don't want. The second way is to find the head of the organization and cut it off, also cutting off any new heads before or after they sprout.

"We haven't had much luck getting information out of anybody we've captured. Probably because we keep capturing the grunts. Maybe we'll get a shot at those two people we met at the garage. Are we able to track them down based on their car information?"

I remember there was a discussion on Jim not getting the chance to mention that he even had the car's license plate. I'm hoping we can assume he's either given it at this point, or he does so now.

"If we can't get at the head right away, the next-best thing we can do is start fixing Fever's wards. It's just maintenance instead of solving the problem, but we may find more information. I suggest we head to a broken ward, next."

After a moment, he addresses the Thinking Engine.

"Big TV, who's uploading the problem videos online?"


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"I have just about as much as you could want on those people from the garage. Only way we might get more is to look up their customer file. The Jim could do a little breaking and entering, if it comes to that." Jim said, rubbing his hands together with a modicum of excitement.
Yeah, share all my info. License plate #, photos, what they smell like, whatever.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora scratched her head "I mean, we can try to set up a proper questioning. The kind where Reason pecks at their eyes as an introduction."

I just remembered that I have fear powers, ugh.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"You know where they live Amiga? I was going to break into the garage where they took their car." Jim looked dubious, but tried to keep an open mind.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"How many of them do you think we can get? I mean, if they're bad guys, I've heard of a few techniques to get them to talk quick..." Cerise noted.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nurai:
There are rumours, from your mothers, of a group of people interested in the supernatural. For some it's just a story. For others it's the reason every time a supernatural being vanishes or turns up dead inexplicably.

The screens flicker for a moment, then show a map - Fever. A light flickers on, showing where you are. The line shoots off down the street, to a box...and then lines spread out across the globe. London, Moscow, Toyko...all across the globe. Those points then spread out, and again, creating a web.

There is a click from the darkness, which is still far too dark to see into. One by one the lines are deleted, eliminating most of those outside the mainland US in rapid order, then reducing it back to town. A list of buildings flash up - bars, restaurants, the library. All public places with easy to access WiFi.

The image of the library flashes for a moment, then the internal cameras appear on the screen. They flicker back in time to the time when the videos were uploaded...and show the same blur that was seen when the letters were delivered.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai's glowing gaze flickered over the global map, particularly looking at west-central Asia, northwestern Africa and the northern Atlantic, before returning to look at North America before things reduced back to Fever.

"So...they're using the library and wi-fi around town, I'm guessing a blurring spell or ability rather than incorporeal. I'll see if any of the wards are close to the garage and library, maybe check them all out together..." Nurai said as she flicked through the list on her phone.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"I mean, the library sounds a bit like a trap, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but... iunno. Who's a believer in baiting our enemies until they expose themselves? Or until we capture one who's not geassed up to their eyeballs. Geased? Geassed?"


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"You think we should put on a little show and see if someone shows up to record?" Jim asked, mulling the possibility.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"I mean, they are looking for the Sword, so we can spread some voices in the right circles, have it seen around. Perhaps even releasing our captive friend with false information. Unless they see through it, so we- I don't know. I suck at chess."


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"It's not a bad plan, but it assumes that this organization isn't already a step ahead of us. If it backfires, then we are suddenly on a 'Vine-e-o' that makes the rounds.

"We still have the option of tracking down a wardstone that's been deactivated and seeing what we can learn from it."

'Vine-e-o' = Vine + Vimeo + Remington trying to sound like he has a hope of talking about modern technology


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Not gonna lie, I think repairing wardstones first would be good, in case something goes wrong." Cerise noted. "Follow the Boy Scouts' marching song and all that."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

A map showing the ward locations, which form a complex pattern around the border of the town, appears on the screen.

After a moment another location appears too - Demented Dave's Discounted Digital Delights, for all your electronic needs. This one includes detailed instructions on how to get there, special offers, and a shopping list.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Heh. Always avoid allitterations, although apparently appealing. Shall we pick some spare parts on the way to the wardstones, then?"


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"Let's go."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The nearest ward site was easy to reach, and with the notes from Valda it seemed like a simple enough process.

The site itself was one of the locations Nurai had located, a simple clearing in the forest with a chunk of granite standing in the centre. The remains of the ritual to destroy the wards is still in place here - quite literally. The remains of what might have been a deer is spread across the rock.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"So, at a guess... sacrifice of life to break a ward... how do we fix it? I, uh, might have to object if it involves more sacrifices. Especially of humans." Cerise observed. Just using blood was not an issue, though - not when she could just heal up.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington moves closer to inspect the chunk of rock. Does the actual rock look broken? Are there inscriptions or other sorts of markings on the rock beneath the deer guts? Is there anything unusual about the deer guts?

Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39

Feel free to roll any relevant Knowledge rolls that Remington has. If his whispering lore ability can be used here, he'll use it now. If you don't want to tell me if it's relevant here, he'll use it now.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The instructions are fairly clear. Returning the site to a clean state will undo the damage, although there are several rituals that would rebuild the wards faster depending on how much time you wish to spend performing them.

Remington's abilities reveals another ritual that Valda didn't mention. The ward was initially built by moving something from each to the next site, in a chain. A plant, a rock, something small. Doing so again will return the wards to full strength upon completion, but will take all day to complete.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Do we know how many wards there are?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

There are sixteen in total, arranged in two staggered rings of eight. The more difficult part would the correct pattern to assemble the circle, which sadly involves moving across to the opposite side each time. It's unlikely all have been disrupted, as the wards are still reasonably effectively.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai walked around what seemed to be the perimeter of the desecrated site. She cast detect magic to check the state of the ward and see if there anything else beyond the obvious that was happening here before she started to bring out the gloves and black bags...

Perception + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"I just hope we won't have to bring in a new life to undo this thing. Although we may find a pregnant woman who's hippie enough to give birth in a clearing. Anyway, I can summon up some rain. Mostly a drizzle, but it could help clean up some of all this blood. The downside is, it could attract some attention to have a localized downpour."


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise flexed her arms a bit as the bit about reassembling things was explained. "Just tell me where to move them." she said, clearly confident in both her strength and stamina for getting this job done.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nurai could sense that the magic that flowed naturally through the area was disrupted, flowing turbulently and erratically.

Thankfully the list didn't mention any need for pregnant women. There is a note that clothes are not recommended in one ritual, but suggests you either do that one very late at night or not at all.


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Not that Jim knows about it yet, but Remington's secret ritual knowledge sounds like the way to go


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Works for me. XD


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Sorry, I had just assumed that Remington had shared what he learned.

Shaking off the effects of his divination, Remington blinks as if he's waking up.

"Okay. That was enlightening. We can repair the wards. It won't stop them from being desecrated again, but it may buy us some time."

He then shares the information he's learned about how the wards are formed and how to repair them.

"Could we trap one of the wards?" he muses. "Maybe catch someone who will lead us to whomever is responsible?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It's certainly possible to use spells or tech to monitor the ward sites, and the King will automatically know if someone tries to interfere with them.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

Nurai nodded as she worked with her shadow to help clean the place with a careful eye on the flow of magic as they worked, "Shouldn't be too hard to keep an eye, one way or another. I think leaving it to naturally regrow would be fine, if you want to do one of those rituals, I'd bring in someone with more experience..."


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"Let's clean what we can quickly clean, and then start tracking down our friends in the black car."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Let's get to work, then."

Aurora lifts up the remains of the deer and carries it to the edge of the clearing, performing rudimentary last rites so that the body may serve as food for the animals and vermins around.

Casting gentle repose and then helping to clean everything.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise didn't have cleaning magic, but she did have a lot of physical strength, and was quite willing to lug around heavy items as needed to help them get cleaned or shove them back into place.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The cleansing rituals are simple enough - mostly they're just scrubbing up the remains of sacrificed animals, which were already beginning to...melt, for lack of a better word, now that the King was back.

With the faster version of the ritual you arrive in time to find someone from the library who can give you a rough description of the person who sent those letters - a plain-faced woman with thick glasses and tied back, dark hair wearing a surprisingly expensive suit.

Unfortunately, the other leads turn up duds, for now - whoever is on the other side spent some time cleaning up before they pulled out. Whoever you're dealing with seems to be experienced at covering their tracks, and the main leads are the gunman under a geas and the body of the invisible summoner.

For now, Fever is safe. The wards are back up to a strength where illusions and spells to alter memories are in effect again, and the odder denizens are no longer being manipulated to reveal themselves. But it's clear that this isn't likely to be the last time you see a problem like this, and there are a lot more questions than answers.

End of Part 3 - a Once and Future King


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"You know, this is one of those things where you really want to go all out. And that's why we're doing this here, in a rented cinema." Valda walked in front of the screen to one side as the image flickers to life, showing a sleek looking ship in matte grey leaving a port.

"This, is the HMS Blackwing, the most advanced in the UK Navy when she launched in 2013. Armed with an experimental complement of weapons, including the newest models of railgun out Kirkcudbrigh. To power this high tech arsenal is was decided that the vessel should include a nuclear power source. I'm also told there was plenty of other toys aboard, but they're classified, and given the ship vanished mysteriously it's safe to bet one of them screwed up."

The video of the ship ended and a painting appeared, in strange inks and pigments that didn't seem to be quite right, or possibly real. It shows what appears to be the same vessel, down to the black ID numbers that had been the only markings on the hull. It seems to sitting in a lake surrounded by tall buildings. Figures surround the shore, too small to easily make out.

"This is a painting one of the Fey made in the Twilight a few weeks ago. From what I've been told it's pretty accurate. They didn't want to approach it because of the iron content in the ship. So, what we need to do is go and find out what happened to the ship. More importantly, we need to find out what happened to the nuclear material and experimental weapons. Whatever allowed a British warship to end up trapped in another realm is probably gonna be a problem."

The screen flickered. "So...questions?"


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Yeah. What kind of idiot puts a bunch of experimental weapons together on one ship instead of testing them one at a time?" The voice came out of a sword currently propped up in one of the seats. How exactly it was 'seeing' things wasn't entirely clear. "What is this, one of those giant robot cartoons I heard about with a logistically absurd super prototype? Eh. Important question is: Do you have a plan for handling the nuclear stuff?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"The UK Government, apparently." Valda shrugs, apparently unconcerned by details like 'propped up' and 'sword'. "So far as I know most of the stuff isn't weapons, although I can't say for sure. The only weapons they were trying were some different railguns, because they're power hungry little monsters and this ship was one of the few that could feed them. Or coilguns. People get them confused a lot. Not that it matters much here, I guess."

Looking at some notes, she added, "I'm betting they threw a bunch of other devices with a high energy output on there, too. They're all classified, though. Which makes you wonder what is more classified than nuclear powered electromagnetic cannons."


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Eh. People've known those were going to go on ships for a long time. The exact plans might be secret, but part of having weapons is making enemies afraid of facing them." the sword said blithely.

A few moments passed. Then...

"OH, D*MMIT MIYU!" the voice from the blade suddenly said. "I get it, I get it. She sent Iron-Cutter to you so I can break things if needed. Yeesh, that is the least elegant solution I have ever heard..."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"I have a question! Did you know that this theater sells circus peanuts! Christ-on-a-stick, WHY?! These things have always been awful! Nobody likes these things."

Sitting further back and well apart from the others in the room, Jennifer is enjoying the novelty of sitting in a movie theater with nobody around her and allowed to be as loud as she wants. The seats on either side of her are filled with popcorn, giant pickles, hot dogs, and confectioneries of all sorts, most of which have been sampled and discarded.

"Anway, the ship: So it's entirely possible that the ship still has it's full complement of tech on board. Wherever we find the tech, how do we secure it? Who do we deliver it to? Will the natives be restless? How do we get there? And back?"


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 11/13 | Speed: 20ft

The man seated next to the sword had been passively listening whilst lounging with one leg over the arm of his chair. He was average height, slim but with a strong figure. He bore some Asian characteristics but was clearly not full-blooded. His swept-back hair and narrow beard were a deep red, like rust, and in that regard matched his eyes. With his silk robe and well-crafted geta, he could have easily just strolled out of a manga.

"Wait." He perked up slightly at the sword's remark. He turned his head towards it. "I thought you were iron-cutter."

He'd been asked by one Miyu to deliver "Iron-Cutter" this far, indeed all the way into the theater, and being in no particular rush he'd decided to stay for the movie. He figured out it could talk pretty quickly, and it didn't take long for him to kind of tune it out. It, or she actually, had jumped right into his head a few times however when she'd caught him ignoring her. That was creepy. Sure, some fey could do stuff like that, but you didn't usually carry them around with you either.

Jennifer Buscema wrote:
"These things have always been awful! Nobody likes these things."

The man slid his bag of circus peanuts further down his chest and subtly popped another into his mouth.

Jennifer Buscema wrote:
"How do we get there? And back?"

He scoffed quietly.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"No." the sword(?) said. "Iron-Cutter is the blade. My blade. I am Izami, the... what's the best English word... the Goddess of this blade. Miyu gave me an offering earlier, so I permit you to use Iron-Cutter for the duration of this mission, and I'll provide a few blessing throughout. Just be respectful when you handle it. And let me in if I need to use your body."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 42+6/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 11/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic did not like the sound of that at all. Firstly because living amongst the fey had really soured him on self-important people. And secondly, you can't just tell someone you might need to use their body and they should totally let you. "Ever heard of boundaries?" He thought with a roll of his eyes, but then suddenly wondered if she could hear that. He put up his hands to the sides of his head as if to ward her off. "Whatever you say, Izami."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 25/48 [+22/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 4/4

"With where it ended up, I'd guess part of these classified things were either meant to protect against inter-planar situations - or go invading again..." Nurai speculated, voice distinctly less cheerful on the last part. The corruption of such events past was a sore subject for the kayal.

Nura continued, trying not to give too much thought to the sword discussing taking over people's bodies..."Along with Jennifer's good questions, I'd also like to ask how we're getting there and what protections are being made to give us the best chance of getting back. Even twilight-touched are warned about messing around too much in the Twilight. Just seeing parts of it can burn into a person..."


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

At Jennifer's side, a tabby cat is nibbling on one of the discarded hot-dogs. He's wearing a small charm collar, a golden earring and a ring at the base of his tail, and speaks in a low purr, fittingly enough.
"I would say there are two possibilities as to how it crossed into the Twilight. Either they were testing some magical weapons and countermeasures, or something went wrong with their reactor. That is, if we're lucky, otherwise we'll just find out that an Archfey wanted a toy to play with in the bathtub. In any case, I guess the crew probably has gone crazy, died or maybe turned into a bunch of ghosts. Possibly all three."
"There will be a host of secrets in there. I'm in. So, where is this lake? I mean, where does it overlap with this world?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Allow me to answer a lot of those questions with 'I'm not sure'." Valda shrugged her shoulders slightly. "OK, first and foremost - where is it and how do you get there, then back. The exact location is awkward. Short version is that the Twilight has only a passing resemblance to our geography, except where it matches. The 'lake' seems to be its version of the Atlantic. Or one of them. It's a little complex." Valda took a sip of something. "The entrance you'll be using is a small island called Inaccessible Island. There I'll pull open the barrier between realities and you can pop through. It's the closest suitable site to where the ship was last definitively reported, so..."

Taking another ship, she continued, "Getting back is pretty easy. I'll give each of you a 'fire in one' scroll that'll get you back to this reality. In Izami's case it'll a strip of cloth around the handle. Once activated it'll pop you back in the real world somewhere safe, and a satellite phone call should arrange the pick up."

"Since we don't know what you'll find I'll provide the basic ship plans, plus enough explosives to scuttle her. Ideally, you can get the damned thing back in this reality, but if it's possessed or haunted or some such s*** then it can get blown up. If you can work out how try and pull the tech, since I'd rather not leave heavy weapons where things from other realms can get them even in a blown up state, but at a pinch slagging them will do. Will you need thermite? I'll pack you some thermite."

Pointing at Nurai, Valda continued, "For protection, you shouldn't need much. Hopefully. I'm going to give you some potions of protection from energy with a decent duration, in case you run into fire, ice or acid. In addition, I'm going to give you a charm that'll let you call in a favour with the Fey."

Smirking, Valda added, "The job comes from a contact in the UK government. For legal reasons they can't send their own spooks into the Twilight. You'd be amazed at the treaties that are in place. Instead, they have to send in neutral experts. There aren't many of them around, and most of the others are busy with other jobs, so they aren't going to object when I send them an expenses bill with things like 'private fighter plane and fuel'. If you think you need it, tell me, and I'll see what we can do. For regular stuff, anyway. Magic stuff is harder to get."

In other words don't go insane trying to get +10 Full Plate.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 56/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"Is cold iron magic? If not, some caltrops made out of the stuff.

"And I would like a chainsaw. Just because."

The ex-librarian looks over at the talking cat eating her hot dog. Her mouth opens to say something, but she stops herself and closes it.

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,865 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.