Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,939 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Who's the favor from? The fey, who'd you make a contract with?" Kaelic asks in idle curiosity.
He raises his eyebrows at Jennifer's remark about cold iron. He shivers a bit, then pops another peanut. "Glad I'm not going." He mumbles to himself.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Worst-case, stab Iron-Cutter into the side of the hull and just cut it apart." Izami suggested. "It has the name for a reason." It wouldn't even be all that hard. A little time-consuming, yes, but it wasn't like the blade was going to dull anytime soon... and if it did, she could patch it right back up.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"We'll assume you'll be pressed for time and horrifyingly powerful explosives will be the answer, as they always are," Valda said after a moment. "We'll consider cutting the ship into manageable pieces 'plan C'."

Nodding to Jennifer, she added, "Cold Iron caltrops shouldn't be too hard, they'll just take some time to pour."

Looking over to Kaelic, she added, "I helped a Duke of the Fey once. They were...pleased enough to offer a favour. I never intended to call it in, but I'd rather it be used and you all not dead."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

Kaelic nods. In the back of his head he still wonders... but he shrugs it off.
"Sounds like a job. Are you really just sending two girls, a sword," He twists around from his very relaxed position to look behind him, "And a cat?" He strokes his beard for a moment. "Kinda curious about that cat honestly."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"When the job gets weird, go awesome." Valda grinned and shrugged.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"How do you know the cat isn't a girl?!" Jennifer demands, kicking the chair in front of her, even though the fey isn't seated in it.

She glances at before returning her gaze to the others.

"It likes wieners, after all."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Given the current company, you should probably remember some girls like...tacos...too." Valda laughed. "The cat will tell you its gender when it feels like it. Same with the sword, actually."


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"I feel like gender is debatable at a certain point." the sword said thoughtfully. "But yes, fear not, I shall be helping."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer smacks some of the junk food the cat is resting on onto the floor in annoyance.

"I don't have any tacos, Valda. It's eating a hot dog. The joke doesn't work with f#@+ing tacos."

She leans back in her chair, her mood soured.

"Why was the elf briefed if he's not part of the mission, then? Seems like a bad idea considering where the ship is."


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

After a hiss at Jennifer, Morgan slowly and deliberately pushes one more pack of chips off the edge. "I am, indeed, just a cat. And a male one, if you are so curious. I'd prefer not to be called 'it'."
Turning belly-up on his chair, he starts licking his paws free of hot-dog grease. "Our kind has always treaded in the further dreamscapes, have you ever seen how much we sleep? I just chose to explore in a different way."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Hey, who you calling an elf?" Kaelic sits up straight to retort. "I've got wings. You seen any elves with wings?" I just noticed my template has fairy wings. Can I hide them with a robe?
"Wait. Have you seen any elves at all? You do know what an elf is, right?"
To the cat he responds, "What do you like to be called, kitty?"


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

"Gnome, then. Whatever. Why are you here?"


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"I go by the name of Morgan. Now, should we go or do you want to inquire further about my sexual preferences?"


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"I don't even want to think about you having sexual preferences." Kaelic says as much to himself as to the cat.
"I was supposed to deliver this sword. And I did. And I don't know, I figured I'd catch up with Valda and go grab some Thai." He shrugs. "Do you want to come? I know a great place." He looks around to see if anyone agrees.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Trust me on this, the joke works with tacos if you like ladies." Valda nodded to Kaelic. "Thai sounds good, once we're done here. And yes, exploring - or killing - things in other realms is part of why you're all here. Now...what do you all need? I mean, you can do this bare ass naked if you want, but you might find it awkward to carry stuff without pockets."


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"An appropriate offering would be good." the sword said in a suspiciously content voice. "There's a limit to what I can do without worship - the more faith you give, the more aid you shall receive. Such has ever been the bargain."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai watched the banter with amusement, nodding in agreement with Valda's remarks - both the awesome and the taco parts - before she stood up from the seat and stretched, thick shadows wrapped around her waist rippled down her as she did. The shadows pooled in a relaxed stretch at the summoner's feet.

The soft yellow glow of her eyes glanced around the room as Nurai replied to Valda, " I would prefer, before you open the way, a chance to have to look before leaping, so we can check our gear and prepare spells before entering the Twilight. I'd also like plenty of whatever survival gear the Brits and you recommend from their reports, and then more spares...and big pockets, maybe a couple hip bags." before pulling out her phone from her jacket pocket and began typing and walking towards the aisle.

"Thai's fine, but if we're going into that potential death zone, I'm making taco plans before we go." she said, a far less amused exasperated sigh coming from below her.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"I usually do quite well without pockets, actually. My dreams are enough to make what I need. I'll let you carry the explosives."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"If it were me, I'd make sure everyone has a magic weapon. Could run into ghosts down there. Since it's not, I'd also suggest cold iron," Kaelic frowns in disgust, "Because any fey you find down there aren't likely to be the friendly kind."
He ponders a bit, then continues, "And if you're even semi-mortal, radiation gear would be smart. And a geiger counter. They've got some like wrist watches now, so one for everybody. Trouble with a radiation suit is that it'll get cut easy. You won't want to get into any fights while wearing them. Unless someone has a mending spell and can work fast."

Kaelic swings his leg over the arm of the chair and munches a bit as he gives the others a chance to chime in. Then he adds, "A few good potions, and if you've got it a full compliment of rifles. Hell, knowing Valda, I'd say take a flamethrower. Maybe a rocket launcher. Won't be good for salvaging, but if you go in and find something too big to stab, you'll be glad you did."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Valda looked up for a moment, considering. "Maybe I could whip up a spell or potion that would help with the radiation, as well a suit. It might serve as a good back up. Geiger counters make sense. Rifles I can do, rocket launcher...maybe? Magic weapons are maybe, too. I'll see what can be done. Although half of you don't use weapons."

Nodding to Nurai, she said, "We'll make sure to do that. And lots of pockets are good." Looking at Izami, she asked, "What counts as a good offering?"


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Shinsen is good." the sword was quiet for a moment. Then, "That's, uh, ritual food offerings. Rice, alcohol, fish, sweets, that sort of thing. You can eat it after."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Yeah, I know the drill. I can handle that. Hungry anyway." Kaelic volunteered. He was probably the only one with a passing knowledge of Japanese religious ceremony, and he was really into swords anyway. And he'd carried her this far. It. They. Whatever.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai raised an eyebrow, considering the sword for a moment, "Will we need to bring such offering supplies along for this? The Twilight isn't really a place to be limited if it can be avoided and it's hard to say how long this will take. We may also need strong healing supplies. A wand or two." she said, planning away verbally as her fingers were planning other things through her phone.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Heh." Kaelic scoffed. "If I'm really coming with you, I can heal you. I don't know why I let myself get talked into these things. But I use fey magic. I don't think I could use your wands."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"I'm sure we could work something out on Wands," Valda said after a moment, "Although we might need a couple of different ones. We have a couple of days to gather and plan, so I'll see what's in stock."


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Before we go is fine." the blade said. "Most offerings are good for either one event or one year. There's a reason festivals tend to be held annually."


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

"Well let's get to it then. Good luck Valda. Or whatever you have in place of luck."
With that, Kaelic stood and picked up the sword once more. Though he'd never actually paid tribute to a goddess in a blade, he was familiar with a few Japanese cultural ceremonies. This just happened to be one he knew.

Not sure where we'll all meet back/how long it will take Valda to get all that stuff together.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Several days later, once the supplies had been gathered and flights made to Inaccessible Island. It did indeed take a private helicopter to get to the Island, as it lived up to its name, but the place wasn't uninhabited.

A short night's sleep and a trip out into the wilderness led to the site where Valda began to perform a ritual. After a few minutes she paused. "OK...anything before I sent you off?"


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"Please tell me you're one day from retirement and getting married after we return." Izami said, tone completely serious.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Pausing, Valda thought for a moment. "Well...I'm not sure I can get married again legally, and I hadn't intended to retire for a few years. But for you guys I could go on a date and take a holiday?"


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan spent most of the travel looking out of the window, enjoying the dight of the world below him. As the ritual started, he stretched, curled into a ball and closed his eyes, dreaming of the Twilight. "Let me take a look on the other side before we go."

Using Touched by the Twilight to see through and have an idea of our destination.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft

As Valda performed the ritual, Kaelic performed one of his own. He laid out an offering on a silken scarf, placing the sword ceremoniously before him. This was an offering of incense and was as much for his own benefit as for the sword-goddess. He muttered chants in Sylvan and a ghostly aura lit up the ground beneath him, seeming to carry a breeze upward across his seated form that tousled his robes and hair. As he concentrated deeply on his senses they stretched out to just a moment before the present. He couldn't see far into the future, but enough to react more readily.

Spending 10 minutes to cast a Divination buff on myself via the Meditative trait. Will also cast another with a spell point.

"You know I've seen things talk without mouths, but this cat still kind of..." Kaelic began, then realizing that the cat could still understand him. "Uh, I mean, Morgan right?" He coughed awkwardly. "I can't believe Valda found a suit for you. How niche must that be?" Turning to Valda he continued, "I'm coming to you for my obscure cosplay needs going forward."


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"I didn't say you needed to tell the truth about it." the sword opined. "I just want to see if anything actually happens when people say that stuff."


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18

Jennifer stood nearby, her body language conveying her impatience, and her close mouth conveying her desire to not make things take longer than they already were.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

As they walked through the wilderness, Nurai seemed to be enjoying the surroundings while she checked her gear repeatedly. The forest was a good place for her to calm her nerves before going into the universes-cursed Twilight.

She chuckled at Valda's response while looking around before nodding in agreement with Morgan. Resting against a tree with her shadow beside her, the yellow glow from her eyes shifted darker with parts shifting through the colour spectrum to a dim grey-purple...

Perception with Touched by the Twilight: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Knowledge: Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

...Nurai gave a frustrated sigh, this was not a good start and it was hard to tell how much of it was her and how much was just the nature of the Twilight.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"Very rare indeed. Maybe it was custom-tailored."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nurai and Morgan see clearing similar to the one you're standing it, with far more trees around the edges and a small pond to one side. It seems safe enough.

"Since I don't wanna die, I think I'll stick with the date. Mild but amusing injury seems like the most likely to come from that. And you'd be amazed at what rich people want made for there pet when the End finally comes. Can't have mittens stuck in doors after the bombs drop, I guess..."

With a few more booming commands, a small purple cut in space appears and turns sideways, forming a larger portal through. "OK...should be good. Remember, you each have a spell to get back too, but only as a last resort. I'm not sure I can blag them into supplying a second attempt."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18
Overlord Jon wrote:
"OK...should be good. Remember, you ea--"

Gauntlets on, Jennifer steps through the gate.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai blinked away the purple lights from her eyes as she watched Valda open the portal. It was a pretty if ominous sight as many things were.

Nodding in understanding to Valda instructions even though Nurai and her shadow should be able to pop back without it even if she could not bring the others. With no obvious dangers, she chose to withhold any stronger spells until later and followed Jennifer in.

Once through, Nurai instinctively sought out any concerns...
Perception + Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Jennifer takes 299034 damage, due to unexploaded bear.

Nurai doesn't see anything too untoward with her quick scan, although there a is thin layer of magic on just about everything in this place. Stronger magical items and spells should still stand out, but weak or old ones could easily get lost in this sort of background radiation. Thankfully, Jennifer doesn't trip over anything either.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

The sword snickered quietly as it was carried through the portal. Then, after a moment, it expanded its senses.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31

"By the way, let me know if you want me to poke my head through anything and look around. Walls aren't much of a barrier to me, but I don't like being out too much." Izami said cheerfully.


AC 17 (t 12, ff 17) -2 bloodrage, -1 enlarged | F+9, R+4, W+7/9 | Init +4, Per +10 HP: 44/56 (+8 when raging) | Bloodrage: 9/18
Overlord Jon wrote:
Jennifer takes 299034 damage, due to unexploaded bear.

Tough but fair.

Internally, Jennifer grumbles that they weren't given a direction to take once they reached the other side. Or maybe they were, and Jennifer wasn't listening. Or maybe they were, and I forgot.

Unless there's an obvious direction for the group to take that will lead them toward the HMS Blackwing, Jennifer waits for the inevitable discussion where they decide which way to go.


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

"Pets, tsk."

Morgan walks trough the portal and, as he's in the Twilight, he takes in the feeling of the place: the taste of the air, the breeze on his fur, the tingle of magic everywhere. Often he had seen through the veil, but this is his first time actually being there. He rolls through the grass like a kitten and remains belly-up.
"Does anyone want to take a look from above?"


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

After a quick look around, Nurai glanced to her shadow for a moment in consideration before nodding and replying, "Tempting, we'll save flying for later. I think the ship is meant to be in one of these ponds..." as she took cautious steps towards the small pond, her shadow rolling up her as a precaution.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

No clear directions were given, because none are available. North seems to be the better bet. The ship vanished in the North, at least.

The pond seems to be empty. The surface is calm and still, and nothing moves within it.


Male Fey Hedgewitch 6 | HP: 51/51 | AC: 20/23, T: 13/16, FF: 18/20 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5/7, Will: +10 | Melee: +8 [+3], Ranged: +6 [+3] | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 | Init: +4, Perception: +14 <low-light> | SP 10/13 | Speed: 20ft
Izami, Kami of the Blade wrote:
"By the way, let me know if you want me to poke my head through anything and look around. Walls aren't much of a barrier to me"

Kaelic, now bearing the sword as one of his handful of blades, looked questioningly down at it. "Are you saying I should stab you through a wall so you can see what's on the other side?" It struck him as a funny thought, but he kind of wanted to try it. But of course there were no walls around. Not yet anyway.

Morgan D. Cat wrote:
"Does anyone want to take a look from above?"

At this, Kaelic unburdened himself of his various bags and took off his robe. He messed with some buttons on it and shrugged his shoulders back and forward, unfurling gossamer wings from around his body. He donned the robe once more, now more accommodating of his fey anatomy, and looked up. "Yeah, good idea." With a rapid flutter, almost like an insect, his wings took him into the air high above and he looked around.

Perception (where dat ship at?): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
He also turned on his geiger counter to see if he picked up any trace radiation.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Kaelic finds that there is, in fact, a very faint trade of radiation. It's far less than even the background radiation on our plane, but there doesn't seem to be any radiation here other than that.

...which led to worrying questions about exactly was shining in the sky, but did give a potential direction.


Wraith 6 | HP: 56/56 (FH:5) | AC: 16 [22] / T: 16 / FF: 15 / Immune: Bleed, Fire, Mind-Affecting, Mind Blank, Petrify, Polymorph | Fort: +6, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | R. Touch: +4 | CMB: +3, CMD: 18 | Init: +7, Perception: +9/+19 to spot

"No, just hold me up to it and I can manifest my head, stick it through, and take a look." the sword said. "Doesn't work so well if it's thicker than I am - there are rules about that sort of thing." She seemed to think this was completely normal.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai kept well back from the edge of the water, no matter how smooth the pond appeared to me. Glancing up to the flying dude, she cautiously continued strolling north with a slightly twitchier shadow uncomfortably following behind...


Male Dreamland Cat Fey Adept 7 | HP 33/45 | AC: 18, T: 17, FF: 14 | Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +9 | BAB: +3, CMB: +1, CMD: 13, M.Attack +11/+11(1d2-3), R.Attack +11(4d6) | Init: +5 | Perception: +12, darkvision 90', scent | Spell Points 5/14, Shadow Points 6/10

Morgan rolled back on his feet, sneezed and climbed on Jennifer's backpack, hoping to hitch a ride to the ship.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,939 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.