Fevered Dreams

Game Master JonGarrett

Website of Fun


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,943 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Oh, I guess I should post again for this round.

Still adjusting to his new senses and a sense of urgency to control this situation before the sniper shoots again, Marten again strikes at the invisible attacker.

Attack1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 <--Nope
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 6 + 6 = 22

Attack2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 + 6 = 18


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai tossed the cuffs into the storm before helping Ymerson away from the car. She started to move them closer to Cottin and then made sure they were clearly to the side of the Fey warrior to be out of his way.

She watched for a few moments, casting a worried glance to Cottin as he got shot. "Thanks for making them easier to track...and making my storm a bit prettier...I'll check your wounds once this is done..." she commented to Cottin before pulling forward a ball of icy magic and sending it firing at the glittery stranger as Nurai began moving towards them...

Snowball: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 6, 5) = 17+Fortitude Save


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Several of the blows land on the invisible man, to a series of curses and yelps many of them suggesting where the new king could shove his crown. Remington's second blow and Nurai's snowball both miss, but the others hit. Something splashes on the ground but, due to the current oddities, it seems to be mostly silver sparkles.

Jim spots a figure under some kind of material on top of the iron factory and a second one in a small patch of overgrown grass. As he considers a third one snaps into existence - and then moves to hide.

Cottin glances at Nurai. "It is nothing." Looking over at the sparkly figure, he cast another spell.

Will Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

The invisible figure swore again.

Two shots snapped out this time - this time at Aurora and Jim

2d8 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

To Hit (Aroura): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

To Hit (Jim): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

A moment after she threw her punch, Cerise dropped down and spun around in a kick to try and knock her target down.

Leg Sweep vs CMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

If successful, that'll change my action a bit, so... XD Response?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Second gunshot will be against Nurai rather than Jim. Sorry for the mistake.

Cerise heard a thump, an explosion of breath, and a wheezing comment about her parentage.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Still better than your parents." she said cheerfully. A moment later, sparkles glimmered around Cerise's foot as she raised it high, then brought it down in a heavy axe kick right on top of her target. She didn't always have the chance to knock people down, but when she did, she could hit them even harder.

Guy should be prone, giving him a -4 penalty to AC against my attack. Axe Kick gives me a damage bonus against prone foes.
Unarmed Strike + Maul, Axe Kick: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21 for Damage: 1d4 + 18 + 1d4 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 + (4) + 18 = 44 +4 Bleed


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim grabbed the rifle he'd leaned against the car--obviously not "the sword"--and leveled it at the fellow in the grass.
?? Rifle: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 26, Damage: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 1 = 9, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) = 10
?? Rifle: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 17, Damage: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 = 4, Sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6) = 13
Assuming they can't see me & are flat-footed


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Something like an angry hornet buzzed by Aurora's ear, but as long as nothing was drawing her blood, she didn't mind. Instead, she focused on keeping the invisible guy still while Cerise was pummeling it, and pushing the spear's blade through.

Expending focus to make a Brutal Strike adding twice my BAB to damage. Ignores armor, natural armor and shield since he's impaled.
Attack, Brutal Strike: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 6 = 25


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai chuckled at Cottin's comment, "It's always nothing until it's something..." she remarked with a shrug as she continued to move towards the target, not yet engaging as she watched out for other threats and what the mysterious stranger might do next...

Wind Wall should last two more rounds


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aroura and Cerise's attacks, between them, seemed to finish the invisible attacker off. The swearing stopped, at least, and the summoned snipers vanished a moment later. His invisibility remained, however.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Huh. I wonder if it's natural." Cerise said, picking up the body, turning it upside-down, and shaking it a little to see if anything fell off. Maybe he had the One Ring on or something.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora shivered with an adrenalina rush as the battle ended, quicker than it had begun. She left Geidihr embedded in the figure to mark its location. "Maybe. If it's not, it's one hell of a makeup. Cottin, are you good with dispelling?"


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai cautiously cast Detect Magic to see if there were any causes she could see or anything else of concern nearby...

Perception+Detect Magic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim, still invisible, took the time to secure the perimeter.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"Figure out where his pockets are and see if you can find any car keys. We need to move, but this car is probably traceable, so we just want to make sure nobody else uses it. In fact, remove any electronic device from him you can find."

Did Jim ever tell the rest of us about the car he spotted at the beginning of this adventure? If so, is this the same care?

"Are the videos showing Fever's supernatural side still up? I think it might be worthwhile to watch some TV. I'm sure Valda has a nice big one we can borrow, and I need to drop something off, anyway."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Goodberry Demolitions at your service, Your Majesty." With a flourish, Aurora picks the spear clean of the body and sets to work on the car with the adamantine blade. Quite likely, nobody will be able to use a vehicle without a drive shaft. Or wheels. Or a gasoline reservoir.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Rustle rustle rustle.

Well, she was already holding the body, so she might as well listen to Remington...


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Well, sh!t! Who's car was it? The drop in posting rate for this campaign has thrown me for a loop. If it was the bad guys' car, good job Aurora. If it wasn't, then can just get in in and go.

They get in a car and go. To Valda's.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The destruction of Valda's borrowed car averted, it's simple enough to load the invisible man into the car, along with the stuff that fell due to Cerise' vigorous shaking - several wands, from the look of them. Nurai didn't see any potential witnesses, or other allies, of the invisible man.

Valda's building - what appears to be an old, battered looking warehouse from the outside located behind Sanctuary - stands as a backdrop to the setting sun once you arrive.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"You know, I'm not gonna lie, hiding an invisible corpse seems like it's easier than hiding a normal one." Cerise said, trying to cover her shock with a bit of humor. She did, however, keep a tight grip on the body. The only thing worse than a zombie plague was an invisible zombie plague.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Before leaving, Nurai sent a text to Valda to let her know they were all on their way - with a few extras.

On the road, Nurai nodded in agreement with Cerise as she drove and looked forward to Valda's reaction to all this mess.

As she parked, Nurai said, "Let's get them and their gear in, get Valda up to date, maybe get some food and everyone checked and patched up." she said with a glance over to Cottin and Ymerson before she got out of the car and stretched and looked around, ready to help move items or people as required...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

On the road to Valda's place, Aurora hums Avenged Sevenfold's Hail to the King while looking out of the windows.
"The thing I dislike is we don't know anything about these folks. Who they were, what they wanted. Only that this one is stubbornly invisible. And we're probably getting the seats dirty with invisible blood, whatever that means."


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

Jim stuck close to Cerise, unwilling to let any trickery deprive them of their catch.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Dragging the body - whether alive or dead, it was unclear how to check until it started swearing again - was not especially difficult. It didn't seem to shed any additional wands either.

Entering the warehouse through the main doors was reasonably easy, and interestingly the invisible body became covered in golden motes when you did. Perhaps not shockingly the crafty Valda had some precautions for invisible intruders. Probably best not to try teleporting in.

Rubbing her hand across her head, Valda herself came towards the door as you all entered. "You guys bring me the most interesting violence," she said, looking at the sparkly body.


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

I just remembered that removing the spear gives the target 1d8 ⇒ 2 bleed damage. Unless cured, that could be a steady trickle of HP in case it was just unconscious.

"I know, right? I thought killing the Invisible Man only happened in old comedy movies as a result of a wayward shot."


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"If it can be hit, it can be killed." Cerise said. "We found a couple of wands and other things if you wanna look over them and see if you can get some info out of it."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"I'll take a peek at them when I get a moment, sure." She gestured to a small room off to one side. "You can stash the invisible guy in there. Dead, undead or other, it should at least give us a warning if he gets up again. So, what's been happening?"


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"It's been a pretty busy day. We'll fill you in over a drink."

Remington leads the group inside to the kitchen, where he finds some frosted beer mugs or perhaps some old-timey beer steins or maybe just some plain old pint glasses. As the group relates today's events to Valda, the new King of Fever then leads the group to a nearby hallway where hangs a six foot portrait frame that Nurai and Aurora have seen before, only the painting inside now only has the chair and footstool. Remington draws his usual rapier; any who didn't notice before now sees that the hilt is shaped like a tankard, and he pours beer from said hilt into each glass or stein. When everybody has a drink, Remington kisses the blade almost reverently, reaches into the painting, and leans the sword against the chair. Out of nowhere, the Sword of Fever appears in Remington's hand and he sheathes it in his old sword's scabbard. Finally, he raises his glass to the others for a toast.

"To making history."

After drinking, he pats the picture frame and turns to Valda. "It might be best if this was put away somewhere safe. If anything happens to me, you should find me back here in a few days."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Valda looked at the sword of Fever for a few moments, then screwed up her eyes and waved her hand. "Argh, put that thing away. You're going to put my eye out just looking at it." She glanced over at the painting, and considered. "This does work though. As the King you'll be pretty difficult to get rid of. The wards might flicker while you show up again, but...yeah. We'll work on exactly where to hide your painting later." She glanced at the sword again from the side of her eye. "All hail the king, I guess. Long may he reign."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

Aurora raises her beer, toasting the new sovereign. "So you're basically immortal, regenerating in the painting? Sounds quite awesome. Soooo, what's our next step? Looking to repair the Wards?"


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84
Aurora Goodberry wrote:
"So you're basically immortal, regenerating in the painting?

"Sort of. I am the painting. The first Remington Pike--some would say the 'real' one, but that's bordering on offensive--died in Fever in 1904. During one of his many terms as Fever's mayor, he had this painting commissioned. The night of his death, I first became... alive? Animated? One shaman in the 60s referred to it as 'zoetic,' which I like. Anyway, I awoke in this frame in City Hall in the middle of the night. I had none of Pike's memories but all of his skills. (I may be one of the few people alive who reads Rongorongo, incidentally.)" Placing his hand on the guns at his hip, Remingtom continues, "There are much worse skill sets to inherit, to be honest.

"I wandered City Hall the first few nights until I figured a few things out. I'm sure I started a number of new ghost stories, what with appearing the same night that the old Mayor died. City Hall is haunted, by the way. That ghost has issues.

"Anyway, I've changed hands a number of times over the previous century, each new benefactor affording me varying levels of freedom. I don't even know who had me locked away before I moved to Valda's. So, thanks for that.

"Anyway, it seems Remington Pike has come full circle. A weird, Möbius circle, maybe. But Fever's all I've ever known, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let anyone tear it down."

Aurora Goodberry wrote:
"Soooo, what's our next step? Looking to repair the Wards?"

"We need to borrow one of your large TV screens," Remington says to Valda. Addressing everyone, he continues, "Someone suggested earlier that there could be a clue in some or all of the videos online that shouldn't be online. We watch the videos, finding connecting themes, common people in the background, even a connection to the people putting them online. The more eyes we have on the screen the more likely we'll notice something.

"Also, I feel confident that I could lead us to one of Fever's actual wards, now. We could see about repairing the Wards, but that's just buying time until they're attacked again. There may be a clue who the enemy is at one of the deactivated wards.

"And I'd still like to know who our Worried Friend is who tipped us off."


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

"The worried friend thing is odd, still no clue on that. I think going through the videos with 'Thinking Engine' seems interesting, I'm fine starting there or doing a manual search through the list of sites..." Nurai commented, gesturing by raising her phone that had the list while she continued reading with a smile for a few more moments before glancing up towards the two fey men.

"...doing okay? In for a penny, in for pound - or, when we go to check the wards, would either of you prefer to be dropped off back in town?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Valda waved a hand to the warehous sized workshop. "Feel free to run through the video, and use what you need. Just be careful of the Engine - the stubborn ass is being tempremental."

The two guests glanced at each other for a moment. "We have nothing better to do, and if Fever ever falls it will have...consequences." Cottin, who had returned to his usual form, made a face as he said that.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise thought for a moment, not entirely sure she bought Remington's explanation. On the other hand, it didn't seem like it really mattered, either, so why bother caring? "Mighta been Miyu." she suggested as talk turned to the Worried Friend. "She does roundabout stuff like that sometimes, though she'd probably deny it if anyone asks. Something about paradoxes summoning someone we shouldn't want to meet. Anyway, we need anything special to fix these words, or can you just, uh, use kingly voodoo?"


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remington shrugs.

"I'm not exactly getting any on-the-job-training, here."


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"I'm sure we can clean it all up, but we still have some loose ends don't we?" Jim noted aloud. "Those two from the car. I sent pictures to V here. And the trap Aurora fell into. What was all of that?" He doesn't seem to have any conclusions, just idle thoughts he's sharing.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

Remind me of Aurora's trap?


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

One of those ink monsters that nearly got her before we all showed up to save her. And it complained about having to teleport nearby or something? It was a long time ago.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

I remember now. I think that was the house where the old King died.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai nodded in appreciation to Valda and the fey pair before she considered what the others said.

"Depends on the type of warding Cerise, but with ones this important I'd bring in an expert - maybe when we give the message to Elza we could ask for her help - hers seemed quite well done - unless you can think of someone else local V?"

Looking to Jim after another glance and flick on her phone, starting to move to go view the video, "Maybe we can track that couple in the footage...or if someone can do some searches on a computer with the details that we have. As for that Valda's ex-lodger's mate...I think they're going to be a loose end for someone to deal with after, I don't think they're involved with the wards but may be with some of the other oddities of Fever." she shrugged as she moved on to the cranky Thinking Engine.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Valda nodded. "I managed to trace the two in the car a while, but they met up with a third person the camera couldn't see - probably your invisible friend in there, now I think of it - and then slipped away. I'm not sure if they're still in town or something else. Given the gunman and your new friend, I suspect they're people of talent."

She paused. "I can tell you that there's no trace of them in any normal places. As in the records of them moving across town were deleted soon after I accessed them. There support network must be pretty damned hefty."

Nodding to Remington, she added, "The Wards should fix themselves now the King is back, given time, but I'll look at the rituals to speed things up."

~~~~~

The Thinking Engine was off in it's own separate area in what might have been a shipping container, once. Now more pipes and tubes flowed into its metal walls that should easily fit.

Inside was a large computer station with a bank of monitors and keyboards. What was beyond it wasn't quite visible through the cracks, even with Darkvision. The room felt oddly warm.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

"Light, please." Cerise said, not being blessed with such talents. Her sparkles quite literally sparkled, but not in a way that provided enough light to see by.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"Is this... is this a TV? I just wanted a TV."


Female Human (Valkyrie) Warpriest 5 | HP 38/38 | AC: 25, T: 15, FF: 21 | Fort: +8, Ref: +2, Will: +8 | BAB: +3, CMB: +9, CMD: 23, M.Attack +11(1d8+10)| Init: +0 | Perception: +1 | SP: 7/12 | Fervor 0/7

"Oy! The situation was perfectly under control."

At the sight of the Engine, Aurora whistled approvingly. "Now that looks like one hell of a rig. "
One hand on Geidihr, her hair waved in cold wind as she used her talents to make the room more comfortable.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The...machinery...within the chamber clicked, and something whirling deep within the bowls of the room lowered a few steps in response to Aurora's cooling. A moment later several lights clicked on.

They, quite pointedly it seemed, did not illuminate the area beyond the monitors. If anything the shadows deepened.


Female Human S. Prin. 6 | HP: 61/61 (R:5) | AC: 21, T: 15, FF: 18 | DR: 5/Good, SR: 27, Resist: Energy, Conditions, Effects | Fort: +13, Ref: +11, Will: +13 (+4 vs Cond/Eff) | M. Atk: +10(+12) | CMB: +9, CMD: 25 | Init: +3, Perception: +7

Cerise shrugged slightly and began moving towards the still-darkened area. If anything dangerous was there, it was her job to face it.


AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"I know I'm out of touch with current technology, but if I asked for a TV at Best Buy I wouldn't be offered something like this."


Human Rogue 6 | HP: 35/51 | AC: 23, T: 16, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +11, Will: +4 | Melee: +6/+9, Ranged: +9 | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 | Init: +7, Perception: +10/+2 vs surprise/+3 vs traps <trap spotter> | MF [x] | SP 2/9 | Speed: 30ft

"No boyo, you'd have to go to Costco for this." Jim said before stepping forward with a low whistle.


Kayal*+ Avatar of Love + Synthesist Shadow Caller Summoner 6 | HP: 48/48 [+50/54] | AC:21 T:15 FF:17 | DR: 7/Magic, Cold+20 Elec+20 SR: 2 | CMD:20 | F:+8 R:+10(8) W:+10 | Perc:+5 | Spells: 1st: 4/5 | 2nd: 3/4

Nurai chuckled in amusement at Jim's remark before turning her attention to Remington, "Valda gave the video we have so far to the Thinking Engine, so they will give us images like a TV as well as analysis." she said as she moved through the shadows to reach the keyboard, typing and speaking at roughly the same time.

"Not sure if you prefer keyboard or vocal, if you have a preference let me know.
Would you please show us the recent video footage of Fever and your thoughts on it..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 25 (t 17, ff 18) | F+8, R+10, W+6 | Init +8, Per +24 | Panache points 6/11 | HP 49/84

"Alexa, play the forbidden supernatural Fever videos."

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,943 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fevered Dreams All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.